SAS/ACCESS® 9.4 Interface to PC Files

SAS/ACCESS is a 9.4 Interface to PC Files that is Seamless, transparent data access., Flexible query language support, Wide range of performance, Metadata integration, Optimization, and Push-down processing to the database

Work for SAS/ACCESS® 9.4 Interface to PC Files?
Dataxu dmp  2x

Learning about SAS/ACCESS® 9.4 Interface to PC Files?

SAS/ACCESS® 9.4 Interface to PC Files Reviews

Showing 9 SAS/ACCESS® 9.4 Interface to PC Files reviews
SAS/ACCESS® 9.4 Interface to PC Files review by <span>Rochelle C. F.</span>
Rochelle C. F.

SAS is essential for efficient data management and analyses

What do you like best?

SAS has the capability to handle the large student record databases we use on a daily basis. SAS allows us to create foundational programming that analyzes data quickly. Once SAS programming language is learned users can create detailed programs that transform data in ways that are difficult to do manually.

What do you dislike?

SAS can be overwhelming for new users. It can have a steep learning curve depending on the users knowledge of programming.

We have designed data programs that quickly provide results for stakeholders versus manually analyzing the data in tools like Excel. SAS is also able to handle very large data sets quickly which allows us to quickly assess programs and provide results.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SAS/ACCESS® 9.4 Interface to PC Files
SAS/ACCESS® 9.4 Interface to PC Files review by User in Research
User in Research

Excellent introduction to statistical coding

What do you like best?

I like that SAS is very intuitive. For a new coder like me, SAS is clear about when you are making mistakes and where the errors are. It clearly highlights keywords and procedural words so that you know you are doing things correctly.

What do you dislike?

The "help" function is not as useful as I would like. If I'm having trouble with my code in SAS, I am more likely to google my issue than to use the Help tab within SAS

Recommendations to others considering the product

Depending on what statistical software you are used to, SAS may be great or it may be confusing. Many of my coworkers prefer to use R, although with the datasets were analyze, SAS has proved to be very useful. However, if you are new to coding, I would recommend SAS as a way to get started. It is a fairly intuitive introduction to statistical coding and analysis.

SAS helps us organize huge population samples and run large-scale analyses on these cohorts.

What Data Management Platform (DMP) solution do you use?

SAS/ACCESS® 9.4 Interface to PC Files review by User

SAS 9.4 with Healthcare Data

What do you like best?

SAS is a very easy to use software that doesn't require a substantial amount of coding experience. The macros are very useful and it is a software that is used in a number of industries that require data analytics. It doesn't freeze up like STATA.

What do you dislike?

More like the number of hours it takes to run a large dataset in SAS. This is more of a problem because of our limitations in computing power.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SAS 9.4 is a very helpful and appropriate software to use in the matter of administrative claims data.

We use SAS for calculating HEDIS measures for millions of de-identified patients based on claims data around the United States.

SAS/ACCESS® 9.4 Interface to PC Files review by User in Higher Education

Excellent software for data analysis

What do you like best?

I love that I can control the data and the variables by coding for everything in SAS. In other data analysis software, you can have very basic drop down menus like in Excel or SPSS. SAS is very quick and I can perform advanced data analysis coding.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that SAS could can a long time to export the code or data files. Sometimes I have to let the software sit for a few hours when trying to export coding.

I work for a university and we use SAS to do data analysis on large software and data files such as hundreds of thousands of data from populations or entire country populations. We use SAS every day to analyze data sets.

SAS/ACCESS® 9.4 Interface to PC Files review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

SAS Worry Free System

What do you like best?

Very user friendly, can load tutorials that operate on each page so the user is never lost in the site.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike about this system

Recommendations to others considering the product

GO for it, you will love the fact that you can easily add on as many users as necessary with very little training necessary.

Able to enter and track budgets and invoices for projects, everyone can use this system so easily.

SAS/ACCESS® 9.4 Interface to PC Files review by <span>Arthur T.</span>
Arthur T.

A must-have SAS module

What do you like best?

What I like most about the SAS/Access interfaces is that they allow one to easily analyze data regardless of whether one has any experience with the data source

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about the SAS/Access interfaces is that they each have to be purchased separately.

Recommendations to others considering the product

An essential product, but must be purchased separately for each external data source

I've used the interface, mostly, when working with Microsoft products (e.g., Excel and Access). The interface has made the use of external data basically seamless

Learning about SAS/ACCESS® 9.4 Interface to PC Files?

* We monitor all SAS/ACCESS® 9.4 Interface to PC Files reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.