SAS/ACCESS® 9.4 Interface to PC Files

SAS/ACCESS is a 9.4 Interface to PC Files that is Seamless, transparent data access., Flexible query language support, Wide range of performance, Metadata integration, Optimization, and Push-down processing to the database

Work for SAS/ACCESS® 9.4 Interface to PC Files?

Learning about SAS/ACCESS® 9.4 Interface to PC Files?

SAS/ACCESS® 9.4 Interface to PC Files Reviews

Ask SAS/ACCESS® 9.4 Interface to PC Files a Question
Showing 12 SAS/ACCESS® 9.4 Interface to PC Files reviews
SAS/ACCESS® 9.4 Interface to PC Files review by Rochelle C. F.
Rochelle C. F.

"SAS is essential for efficient data management and analyses"

What do you like best?

SAS has the capability to handle the large student record databases we use on a daily basis. SAS allows us to create foundational programming that analyzes data quickly. Once SAS programming language is learned users can create detailed programs that transform data in ways that are difficult to do manually.

What do you dislike?

SAS can be overwhelming for new users. It can have a steep learning curve depending on the users knowledge of programming.

We have designed data programs that quickly provide results for stakeholders versus manually analyzing the data in tools like Excel. SAS is also able to handle very large data sets quickly which allows us to quickly assess programs and provide results.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SAS/ACCESS® 9.4 Interface to PC Files
SAS/ACCESS® 9.4 Interface to PC Files review by Leon F.
Leon F.

"SAS, your statistics buddy!"

What do you like best?

I love this application. It is very versatile and user friendly especially to those who are new to statistical analysis. It makes code user friendly and easy to write. The data visual are also easily digestible especially if you're looking to analyse large data sets

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the application can stall especially when there is a lot of data to manipulate, but isn't this the case with all data analysis tools?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth a try. It may take some getting used to as it would with any tool but I definitely recommend it

This application provides data access to more of your data sources so you can make better decisions faster. They are out-of-the-box solutions that provide enterprise data access and integration between SAS and third-party databases

What Data Management Platform (DMP) solution do you use?

SAS/ACCESS® 9.4 Interface to PC Files review by User in Research
User in Research

"Excellent introduction to statistical coding"

What do you like best?

I like that SAS is very intuitive. For a new coder like me, SAS is clear about when you are making mistakes and where the errors are. It clearly highlights keywords and procedural words so that you know you are doing things correctly.

Additionally, there is a SAS page online that shows you how to do certain analyses. The step-by-step directions or videos show you how to complete each task and are very easy to follow for both novices and experts in coding. This is an amazing resource and I fully took advantage of it.

What do you dislike?

The "help" function is not as useful as I would like. If I'm having trouble with my code in SAS, I am more likely to google my issue than to use the Help tab within SAS.

There are occasionally glitches that prevent me from having multiple tabs up at once, or from getting an output screen. In these instances, I have to close down SAS entirely and restart. Also, error messages don't always clearly show you the issue in your code, so a lot of troubleshooting is necessary to understand where you went wrong.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Depending on what statistical software you are used to, SAS may be great or it may be confusing. Many of my coworkers prefer to use R, although with the datasets were analyze, SAS has proved to be very useful. However, if you are new to coding, I would recommend SAS as a way to get started. It is a fairly intuitive introduction to statistical coding and analysis.

SAS helps us organize huge population samples and run large-scale analyses on these cohorts. In research of this large scale, SAS is incredibly helpful to compartmentalize and analyze data. It allows us to make hypotheses about the health of different populations, which can in-turn help us protect the health of Americans!

SAS/ACCESS® 9.4 Interface to PC Files review by User

"SAS 9.4 with Healthcare Data"

What do you like best?

SAS is a very easy to use software that doesn't require a substantial amount of coding experience. The macros are very useful and it is a software that is used in a number of industries that require data analytics. It doesn't freeze up like STATA.

What do you dislike?

More like the number of hours it takes to run a large dataset in SAS. This is more of a problem because of our limitations in computing power.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SAS 9.4 is a very helpful and appropriate software to use in the matter of administrative claims data.

We use SAS for calculating HEDIS measures for millions of de-identified patients based on claims data around the United States.

SAS/ACCESS® 9.4 Interface to PC Files review by User in Higher Education

"Excellent software for data analysis"

What do you like best?

I love that I can control the data and the variables by coding for everything in SAS. In other data analysis software, you can have very basic drop down menus like in Excel or SPSS. SAS is very quick and I can perform advanced data analysis coding.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that SAS could can a long time to export the code or data files. Sometimes I have to let the software sit for a few hours when trying to export coding.

I work for a university and we use SAS to do data analysis on large software and data files such as hundreds of thousands of data from populations or entire country populations. We use SAS every day to analyze data sets.

SAS/ACCESS® 9.4 Interface to PC Files review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"SAS Worry Free System"

What do you like best?

Very user friendly, can load tutorials that operate on each page so the user is never lost in the site.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike about this system

Recommendations to others considering the product

GO for it, you will love the fact that you can easily add on as many users as necessary with very little training necessary.

Able to enter and track budgets and invoices for projects, everyone can use this system so easily.

SAS/ACCESS® 9.4 Interface to PC Files review by Arthur T.
Arthur T.

"A must-have SAS module"

What do you like best?

What I like most about the SAS/Access interfaces is that they allow one to easily analyze data regardless of whether one has any experience with the data source

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about the SAS/Access interfaces is that they each have to be purchased separately.

Recommendations to others considering the product

An essential product, but must be purchased separately for each external data source

I've used the interface, mostly, when working with Microsoft products (e.g., Excel and Access). The interface has made the use of external data basically seamless

SAS/ACCESS® 9.4 Interface to PC Files review by User in Higher Education

"Great for stats if you know how to use it"

What do you like best?

Once you have a code for your data set its easy breezy to use. But you need to do some work on the code before using it for your data accordingly.

What do you dislike?

Writing code can be little tricky sometimes.

We use it to run stats on our data sets big or small which we generate in our labs

SAS/ACCESS® 9.4 Interface to PC Files review by Eshetu  G. A.
Eshetu G. A.

"A Wonderful Experience"

What do you like best?

Tips and examples from SAS community and Similar groups

What do you dislike?

Graphics still need improvement compared to R

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent Statistical Software

Statistical Modeling

SAS/ACCESS® 9.4 Interface to PC Files review by User in Higher Education

"SAS is a great software to conduct analyses. "

What do you like best?

I like that SAS displays all codes and results in the main screen.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that SAS is not user-friendly at all. There is no explanation for how to run specific analyses.

While conducting logistic regressions is extremely beneficial, it is also difficult to learn and takes a lot of time to understand.

SAS/ACCESS® 9.4 Interface to PC Files review by User in Higher Education

"Old School but gets the job done"

What do you like best?

I can use it to do calculus and run regressions.

What do you dislike?

The interface is old and needs an update to look a bit more modern.

I use it to run regressions for econometric projects.

SAS/ACCESS® 9.4 Interface to PC Files review by User in Research
User in Research

"Helpful"

What do you like best?

Helpful to access local files, easy to use

What do you dislike?

A little buggy at first but customer support helps

Helpful to analyze data on your PC and access data

Learning about SAS/ACCESS® 9.4 Interface to PC Files?

* We monitor all SAS/ACCESS® 9.4 Interface to PC Files reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.