SAS Advanced Analytics

SAS Advanced Analytics software is infused with cutting-edge, innovative algorithms that can help you solve even your most intractable problems. Make the best decisions possible. And unearth opportunities you would otherwise miss.

Work for SAS Advanced Analytics?

Learning about Advanced Analytics?

SAS Advanced Analytics Reviews

Showing 122 Advanced Analytics reviews
Advanced Analytics review by Shannon R.
Shannon R.

"Excellent Software for Advanced Data Analytics"

What do you like best?

I like that the software provides clear and streamlined data analysis. SAS is particularly helpful for analyzing large datasets, and the structure makes it simple to uncover any issues with the syntax. That feature saves a great deal of time.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it is so heavily dependent upon syntax and coding. However, this is only an issue if it is a type of analysis that I am unfamiliar with and need to develop my own syntax.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would consider this product if you have large datasets and complicated analyses to conduct. It is an expensive product, but if you have a lot of this kind of work then it is worth the price for a company. I would also recommend taking a SAS course, they are quite helpful for navigating the software. The software is more complicated than perhaps SPSS, so it does require a user with either the skill or the ability to learn quickly. There is a lot of training and guides available to users. This includes example syntax and different analyses. I would recommend the product overall.

I have worked with colleagues to use this software to complete annual reports involving large datasets. Again, this software is incredibly helpful for processing a large amount of information, but also for checking for errors through quality assurance checks. The use of the software made it possible to complete several reports in a short time frame.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SAS Advanced Analytics
Advanced Analytics review by Melissa C.
Melissa C.

"Use SAS for all your model needs"

What do you like best?

SAS coding is very easy to learn. Yes, it’s different then a lot of other programs, but the modeling and coding stays the same. It’s capable of mass data, aside from boot strapping. I love using SAS for statistical analysis

What do you dislike?

SAS won’t run if one little semi colon is out of place. It would be nice if it highlighted what part of the code was faulty as opposed to giving an error message at the top. I also wish I didn’t have to code my comments into the program. I’d love a separate comment section for the coding on the side.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It’s logical, but it is limited in its bootstrapping capability. The one short fall of SAS is that it doesn’t handle super large data sets too well

I’m a scientist at a University, so we use SAS for solving scientific questions relation to animal and dairy science. We’ve used the software to validate technologies, test commercial products, and analyze animal behaviors.

What Predictive Analytics solution do you use?

Advanced Analytics review by Kristen L.
Kristen L.

"Awesome tool for experimentation in any business"

What do you like best?

Application of machine learning and predictive modeling using SAS. Also data visualization is very informative.

What do you dislike?

The thing I dislike about SAS is the licensing fee for using SAS. Also sometimes product support for university edition is difficult to find on the internet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It would be beneficial to have more free video tutorials for Advanced SAS.

I was working in a health care research project which had massive data. We collected this data for a period of 7 years. The benefit of SAS was it handled this huge data very well. And application of machine learning was easy. Error logs were easily comprehensive.

Advanced Analytics review by Abhinav P.
Abhinav P.

"Great for advanced statistics but requires users to be experienced"

What do you like best?

It is an advanced statistical tool. It has the power to run advanced algorithms on huge dataset easily. Also, It integrates well with other products like SQL server, Teradata and processes can be automated.

What do you dislike?

It is quiet difficult for beginners but once you get used to it, its power can be realized. It does not have good graphic capabilities. The packages which they have are expensive and not really fascinating to modify. Also, since it is not open source, there are lot of advanced analytical techniques it is not up-to-date with, which are out there and shared by industry experts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It depends on how much knowledge my colleague has on data analytics and how much time can be devoted to learning a new software. If he/she is relatively new to data analysis and cannot spend a long time learning SAS coding, I would recommend him/her to use SPSS which has a very simple point and click interface. If he/she has data warehousing/SQL experience before and wants to dig deep into data, he/she probably is a good starter to learn data mining through SAS.

I have use SAS to perform advanced machine learning techniques like logistic regression, random forest and gradient boosting.

We predicted the number of people who are likely to churn in the next couple of months, so that they can be retained by giving special incentives thereby minimize losses.

The results obtained are robust. It can be used for predictive analytics, data exploration, Business Intelligence and Statistical analysis.

Advanced Analytics review by User in Higher Education

"SAS Analytics is versatile"

What do you like best?

SAS Analytics is very a very useful tool for Business Analytics, for both descriptive and predictive purposes. I have taken training in this, and used it for research extensively. It offers much flexibility in adjusting parameters and trying to different models, with the option of performing easy model comparisons in order to choose the best or most optimal one for a particular application. I definitely recommend it for research as well as teaching purposes at higher educational institutions.

What do you dislike?

Two things that I dislike about SAS are: (1) The learning curve is higher than other statistical and analytical software like SPSS or R. It is hence a little difficult to use it in courses for undergraduate students unless they have some prior knowledge. (2) The prices are high also, especially when you compare with R/RStudio (free). Sometimes the installation is also a little tricky and does not work on Mac (from my past experience, not sure if that has changed).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely a tool to analyze large and complex datasets.

I have seen benefits of SAS Analytics for both teaching and research. I am in the higher education industry, so it serves both the main purposes quite well. I have taught courses on analytics using SAS as well as conducted research in the area using the software

Advanced Analytics review by User in Higher Education

"Great support, lots of capabilities"

What do you like best?

support service, ease of use, appearance of output. The output is better than any other statistical software I've used, and it is very easy to view datasets. Also, the support is outstanding. I had an issue with some code, and the support service got back to me in a day.

What do you dislike?

Price!!! You cannot really own SAS as an individual. It is impossible to do 'cutting edge' analytics in SAS, but they are implementing more recent prediction algorithms such as random forests.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lots of new updates recently for machine learning

I analyzed all my data for my master's thesis with SAS. Although I did not solve any business problems per se, I constructed complex, mixed models to accurately model my data. It would have been very difficult with other statistical software (e.g. R).

Advanced Analytics review by Katie F.
Katie F.

"Experience with SAS 9.4"

What do you like best?

Once you learn the basic language, the software is intuitive and user-friendly. This program is excellent for large data sets and creating tables.

What do you dislike?

The graphic options are not as extensive as the program R including color palettes. The licensing expires and is costly to an individual or company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very useful and stands alone in the field of software analytics.

We are able to analyze large data sets with SAS for a research study I am a part of and also merge several data files into one complete set.

Advanced Analytics review by User in Mining & Metals
User in Mining & Metals

"Great product, easy to learn scripting language"

What do you like best?

Another great package from SAS Institute! This product can be utilized in conjunction with JMP software or on its own as part of the SAS Enterprise package. I love the ability to do many types of data analysis while pulling data from multiple databases, and generate an all inclusive report.

What do you dislike?

If you’re not familiar with SAS, it can be a bit of a learning curve, but it is rather intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great software package, multi-functional, excellent statistical package that is practical for many applications.

This package can be used to monitor production data, help with raw material selection and determine respective yields with regression modeling, and KPI tracking over time.

Advanced Analytics review by Prateek S.
Prateek S.

"Advance analytics no coding and beautiful visuals"

What do you like best?

there is no need to code, plenty of functions and models available.

Beautiful visuals and graphs

What do you dislike?

The learning curve for this tool is high.

Prerequisites can be statistical knowledge, modeling stories, data extraction

Recommendations to others considering the product

get deep understanding of Statistics and probabilities

I am analyzing the Initial hypothesis of the project, whether the customer would churn, how is the impact of independent variable on dependent variable

Advanced Analytics review by Ankit J.
Ankit J.

" powerful reporting tool for data analysis"

What do you like best?

Support the entire data mining process with a broad set of tools, Build more models faster with an easy-to-use GUI

What do you dislike?

Customization is a bit of a problem as SAS uses its confined resources

Recommendations to others considering the product

Powerful Machine, Patience and enjoy the work that sas does for you

I am predicting whether kind of advertising campaign should we run for targeting specific customers that are cost effective.

Advanced Analytics review by User in Higher Education

"SAS University Edition - Enrollment Analytics Uses"

What do you like best?

Allows processing of large quantities of data without the need to slow down processing on my primary PC. We typically run datasets larger than 126k records, therefore, using software like Excel is not an option (processing time + freezing = waste of time)

What do you dislike?

To really take advantage of the software vs. that of SPSS or excel --- you have to really put in effort in learning the programming making it less intuitive for your novice users. I feel if I started learning SAS initially instead of SPSS, I would be more comfortable using it as my primary statistical software

Enrollment Analytics / Forecasting ---- Regression

Advanced Analytics review by User in Biotechnology
User in Biotechnology

"Analyatics that demonstrate more descriptive nature."

What do you like best?

The pros of this system include:

It allows user to view data using different graphs and charts.

it allows user to export and print data in several ways.

It allows user to import large amount of data easily.

What do you dislike?

Two dislikes and negatives of the system include:

More focus on presentation aspects with additional graph objects like donut pie charts

More focus on production readiness including high availability and automatic monitoring of logs

Recommendations to others considering the product

This system has benefited from many years of being in use and thus has various codes that can be used in order to assess various types of information.

I am using this program in order to assess the cost of various laboratory systems and their output that they provide to a user. So we assess the satisfaction of each user through SAS and graph in order to dictate which program we should use for analysis amongst the company.

Advanced Analytics review by Administrator in Hospitality
Administrator in Hospitality

"My SAS Review"

What do you like best?

I learned most of my analytical skills on SAS, so I might be biased. But I like the variety of products in their suite. We use everything from EG, Model Manager, and CI to run our campaigns and pull analytical insight into their performance (along with a few other things).

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the syntax in EG can be far off from other standardized SQL syntax. CI has given us some processing issues in the past also.

We use them for large scale email campaigns and the customization was a painful process, but I appreciate it now.

Advanced Analytics review by Aditya J.
Aditya J.

"Great Analytics tool with awesome UI"

What do you like best?

It's anything but difficult to utilize and instinctive, move and customize interface makes it truly simple for anybody truly to utilize this item in their creation line. Additionally it gives you mechanized code with the goal that you don't need to compose it from the scratch.

What do you dislike?

They could possibly include more investigation formats which will offer assistance. In any case, it is anything but difficult to alter botches. It slacks now and then with vast information sets. I am not prepared in confused representation and once in a while it is simple for me to foul up an entire arrangement of information.

A great deal of essential business choices depend on the information which you escape the administration you have given. It was fairly unstructured information at first however the product helped in taking care of it really well. The product was valuable in getting experiences from differed information of different sources.

Advanced Analytics review by Administrator in Banking
Administrator in Banking

"Just started "

What do you like best?

I like that it is the industry standard for analytics. Lots of free training, that makes learning and administering the system better.

What do you dislike?

It is hard to get started, learning how to use the functions and design. Unless you have a specific business goal it is hard to learn any tool. I guess that's my problem as an admin of the SAS system I dont really have a reason to write a program just yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I dont have any, but I really enjoyed the stock data sets.

Business analytics. In a banking environment our users write custom jobs and reports to assist in driving the business from every area. One example is we use sas jobs to help identify fraud.

Advanced Analytics review by Ember U.
Ember U.

"Powerful solution for Big Data"

What do you like best?

SAS lets me analyse sequences of test results, scores, and fidelity markers for evidence based practices. It makes staying on track and setting goals easier with quick data analysis and statistics.

What do you dislike?

A bit of a learning curb, especially for those who are used to simpler levels of data analysis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Review tutorials, training, and information on best ways to utilize software to your needs.

Meeting grant evaluation deadlines, quality data analysis, publications and increased robustness in methodologies.

Advanced Analytics review by Rohit G.
Rohit G.

"I use this product for Linear Regression and Stress Testing"

What do you like best?

Th ease with which one can code in the interface is a classic feature of this software. Plus the graph are displayed in a clear manner.

What do you dislike?

I wish the resolution of the graph could have been more better with the option to tweak the result and the portable look after feel feature could have been improved. I would like to add some features in the software which could help me calculate the mortgage rates and compare the effect of interest rates on mortgage loans

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great product. I recommend everyone in the industry to use it.

Linear Regression and Stress testing of capital requirement by the banks

Advanced Analytics review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"SAS for Analytics teams"

What do you like best?

I really like the software's ability to handle and analyze very large data sets. As someone who used to have to manage and visualize data manually, SAS has made my life much easier. Their online support team is also a big reason why I liked this software. They were always quick to respond and helped to learn the software much easier.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve for new users takes some time. This product is also pretty expensive for a non-opensource system, so depending on your use case there may be better options at a lesser cost.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that you do your homework before switching. The suite covers pretty much any area of data mining/analytics that you will need. Might be too much for small shops with limited data sets.

I work on an analytics team at an ad-tech company and we used this software to create custom campaign analytics reports based on custom metrics. We tested this product as an alternative to the other system we were using though we did not end up going with this product.

Advanced Analytics review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Great Product But Licenses Are Costly"

What do you like best?

SAS allows the user a wider range of capabilities to cleanse and manipulate the data. It worked as expected.

What do you dislike?

Licenses are costlier, although purchasing a data analysis tool can be costly, which makes it a long-term decision.

We looked at how this tool could not only help us now, but what it can do to expand our business intelligence in the future. SAS is great because they have so many different modules and products that a company can simply add capabilities as they grow their internal business intelligence division.

Advanced Analytics review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"SAS Advanced Analytics provides effective way to store and analyze data"

What do you like best?

I really like and appreciate the vast number of utilities available for handling and analyzing large sets of data. Along with data management in general, they offer predictive analyses, multivariate analyses, and other forms of advanced analytics. They have a very large number of features available which makes it a powerful tool for companies.

What do you dislike?

It can be difficult to get competent using the site and all of the types of analysis they offer. This just takes practice and time using, though. They have a customer service line available so you can always reach out to them. There is such a large number of tools and amenities available that it can be hard to gain expertise in them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are trying to solve problems related to business intelligence, storage and management of large sets of data, and data analysis, this product may be worth giving a try.

Solving the problems of how to manage large sets of data and perform complex analyses. The Text Miner aspect they incorporate can be used to analyze text data, such as that in emails, and is good for business intelligence and learning more about the customer base.

Advanced Analytics review by Wei P.
Wei P.

"I use SAS on a regular basis for my research."

What do you like best?

It is logical and user friendly, It was the first programming language that I learned and since then, I've stuck to it. It is also the best software to use if you are dealing with a large data set.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that there is no auto save option in case I accidentally close a program before I am done (or if my computer crashes).

I don't actually solve any business problems. I am a research professor at the University of Michigan and I use SAS to carry out analysis within developmental origins of health and disease.

Advanced Analytics review by Samantha T.
Samantha T.

"SAS is great for statistical analysis"

What do you like best?

Functionality - there are many many procedures that encompass every type of analysis.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is difficult to decipher the documentation describing the methods used for a certain procedure.

I am a Biostatistician, so I use SAS for many if my statistical analyses. It is reliable and respected as a sophisticated statistical software in the medical research field.

Advanced Analytics review by Laura D.
Laura D.

"Great for the statisticians among us"

What do you like best?

I conducted qualitative research and had my statisticians analyze it with SAS. I received quick and user-friendly results that were able to be added to my research manuscript.

What do you dislike?

I wish it had more user-friendly instructions for those of us who are not full-time statisticians.

I have used SAS Adv Analytics to analyze data for research problems in the area of environmental health concerns. I was able to conduct work that determined the effects of alcohol on the liver of mice, which sounds insignificant, until you realize that this has real life implications for humans consuming alcohol.

Advanced Analytics review by Jessica R.
Jessica R.

"Quick Analytics for programming minded folks"

What do you like best?

It's a relatively simple syntax if you're familiar with other programming languages like MATLAB, each task can be accomplished as a separate chunk of code so it's very easy to see where you might have made an error

What do you dislike?

not much overlap with R and other statistical programs, graphics leave a lot to be desired and lack the aesthetic options that R and GraphPad Prism offer

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy it if you can afford the licenses

model building

Advanced Analytics review by User in Pharmaceuticals
User in Pharmaceuticals

"SAS Pharma review"

What do you like best?

Industry standard, most commonly used software for quality checks

What do you dislike?

SAS is incredibly non-intuitive and the cost is pretty ridiculous, especially when R and Python are free and open source.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No strong recommendations, I would tell people to switch to an open source software, especially for data science. The cost is very prohibitive, especially when large amounts of people need the software.

We use SAS to analyze large, SQL-backed datasets. There are no benefits of SAS over R and Python except that it is SOP.

Advanced Analytics review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"SAS gets the job done!"

What do you like best?

SAS has become a brand-name when it comes to analytics or data management. Its uses are far-reaching and constantly evolving. The possibilities for what you can do in SAS are mind-blowing and there is support offered every step along the way.

What do you dislike?

If you are unfamiliar with statistics or coding, it may take a while to learn.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SAS Advanced Analytics is a powerhouse software with fantastic support and a plethora of features that makes modeling and other analytics projects much easier than it has been in the past.

I would say 95% of my day is spent on SAS, ranging from periodic reporting to modeling to ad hoc analysis. As an analyst, if you have SAS and a database, this should be sufficient to complete 99% of your job.

Advanced Analytics review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Mid-level data analysis for masters thesis"

What do you like best?

SAS has great online support and makes it easy to find code online when you can't remember it. With a quick google search, I was able to find any code I needed that I couldn't remember off the top of my head.

What do you dislike?

SAS can sometimes run slowly with very large datasets. One disadvantage to SAS is its not open source. Many others in my field have begun to crossover to using R for this reason.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to take advantage of the online support tools SAS has to offer to ensure that you're getting the most of your resources. SAS can do a great deal with large datasets if you know how to use it properly.

I've used SAS previously with my masters thesis in global environmental health. It was great for exploring the dataset and creating early-stage visualizations.

"SAS - "

What do you like best?

It is very helpful to be able to bring in multiple datasets and access them within the system. We also use SAS to be able to access databases that are stored in online database management systems. Manipulating and cleaning data can also be streamlined using the software.

What do you dislike?

Some of the programming language is not as intuitive or user friendly as other programs (e.g. Stata).

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a steep learning curve so be prepared to support staff throughout the process of learning the program.

We use SAS to clean and manage datasets for large-scale research projects. We also use the program to analyze data for grant and program objectives and outcomes.

Advanced Analytics review by Jiayi H.
Jiayi H.

"Useful to be certified in SAS`"

What do you like best?

This product is a necessity in this field. Most, if not all, colleagues have knowledge of coding in SAS, making it a crucial part of being a valuable employee.

What do you dislike?

It is hard to learn and pick up how to use, like other languages. Once it is picked up, however, it is easy to retain

This program also fulfills the role of data analysis in the company.

Advanced Analytics review by Subhadip S.
Subhadip S.

"Great software for Analytics"

What do you like best?

Excellent program for large data sat.

Ability to do multiple things with large data is good.

Import and export option is phenomenal.

Highly recommend for the experienced statistician.

It is a simple interface.

Very user friendly and easy to use

What do you dislike?

Price is high and the ability to know code and SAS is a must to work on the software

I use SAS for medical research, predictive modeling, ad hoc statistical analysis, and automated report

Advanced Analytics review by Allison M.
Allison M.

"Good for advanced statistics but requires experienced users"

What do you like best?

Different formats for all levels of statistics: University Edition is free for students and great for learning the SAS software. Enterprise Guide is easy to use without requiring high level statistics knowledge. Also very good for large datasets requiring advanced statistical analysis.

What do you dislike?

I've heard IT is a nightmare and setting up the system itself takes a bit of work on the back end. Annual license updates are a pain if you distribute the product via management tools and licenses are quite expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for analyzing large datasets, use online SAS help first, product license keys can be a pain.

Advanced statistical analysis of large datasets. The software is a natural fit in the healthcare/research industry when combined with other analytics toolsets.

Advanced Analytics review by Sarah G.
Sarah G.

"SAS is well-documented, but I prefer running statistics in R"

What do you like best?

Great documentation and customer service. There are a lot of great resources available for it too.

What do you dislike?

SAS is expensive compared with open-source software like R. I am more willing to pay for a GUI-based analytics service that SAS offers, like JMP, which is excellent. I no longer need a GUI-based system though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SAS is great if you need some flexibility in your analysis, but aren't completely tech-savy (it is very well documented and the syntax makes a lot of sense). SAS JMP is really great for data analysts who aren't comfortable writing code.

Analyze laboratory data to understand experiments.

Advanced Analytics review by Alexandria C.
Alexandria C.

"Good product but too expensive"

What do you like best?

It’s a fairly accessible software, you can use SQL with it and it has the potential for many advanced featutres

What do you dislike?

Too expensive especially considering there are equally as good or better free programs out there (R)

Recommendations to others considering the product

SAS has great online learning tools to get you introduced as a user. Their training programs are well done and make learning easy.

Visualizing data, predicting data, data analysis.

Advanced Analytics review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Statistical software with great documentation"

What do you like best?

SAS is user friendly and has great online documentation. It comes with easy to follow practical examples, the theory behind each method, and sample code. SAS is my go-to program for power and sample size calculations, in addition to longitudinal data analysis.

What do you dislike?

As a practicing software engineer before statistician, I dislike the way data management is handled in SAS.

I use SAS in medical research, including clincial trial design and analysis, and retrospective cohort study analysis.

Advanced Analytics review by Monty G.
Monty G.

"The most powerful tool available to any IT shop"

What do you like best?

I could get data from any database or file type on any platform, manipulate it, and put it in any database or file type on any platform with very little effort. At the same time I could produce any needed reports and print them or store them anywhere.

What do you dislike?

Did not do enough educating of tool buyers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend SAS Advanced Analytics.

I used SAS in Labor, Building Safety, Quality Assurance, Finance,

Advanced Analytics review by Consultant in Hospital & Health Care
Consultant in Hospital & Health Care

"Great software"

What do you like best?

We decided on SAS about 4 years ago and we are glad we did. Since then, we’ve upgraded software for a very reasonable amount and it has vastly increased our business intelligence capabilities.The software is engrained into our daily processes, and this was achieved with very little effort. The software is basically seamless with a vast amount of other programs.

What do you dislike?

It does take an investment in training to utilize fully but the results can be worthwhile.

We use SAS for predictive modeling, ad hoc statistical analysis, and automated reported, all of which were absent before the software arrived here. This tool has allowed us to get to answers more quickly while utilizing our data the best we can.

Advanced Analytics review by Alyssa W.
Alyssa W.

"Great tool for statistical analysis"

What do you like best?

I was trained using SAS and find it, once you learn the language, very user friendly. It has nearly all functions I could need as a statistician, and if not there is usually a macro available. Highly recommend for the experienced statistician.

What do you dislike?

The different modeling procedures have options that code for the same thing but are spelled slightly different which makes it difficult to remember which spelling goes with which procedure.

I am providing statistical analyses on research projects, as well as power analyses in preparation for IRB submission.

Advanced Analytics review by User in Research
User in Research

"Very nice software"

What do you like best?

Quick response, accurate, fast, you can produce all kinds of data tables through SAS

What do you dislike?

Sometimes coding is not fun and it takes a lot of time on coding

Recommendations to others considering the product

Provide more coding tutoring on SAS website or Youtube.

Statistical projects. Quick and accurate

Advanced Analytics review by User in Internet

"Querying or No Querying - SAS works for all!"

What do you like best?

SAS Advanced analytics is the best tool out there to run regression models. Either you are running a linear or a logistic or a mix model, this is the tool to go for. The tool can handle tons of data remotely across multiple users. Its inbuilt datasets often helped with user demographics.

What do you dislike?

Not for end business users. A bit on the expensive side. SAS has its own coding language unlike SQL backed tools. It might take some time for starters before they become proficient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Data deep dive, forecast models, regression analysis etc. - If you are working on any of the above, this is the go to tool!

Apart from running day to day analysis, we used the tool to run a sales forecast model for a retailer with multiple store formats. We analysed the impact of various marketing campaigns we ran and could decide on which one to proceed further with.

Advanced Analytics review by User in Higher Education

"JMP for Statistical Analysis"

What do you like best?

It is very intuitive to use, easy to visualize data and perform complex statistical analysis. The JMP software also allows SAS codes to be saved and rerun later on. Perfect for any type of use from basic to advance level.

What do you dislike?

The SAS coding functionality could be made easier for individuals with limited coding experience. More tutorials should focus on this aspect of the software.

We are in the research sector so addressing life science questions. The benefits are the multiple ways in which you can analyze and visualize data.

Advanced Analytics review by SHRIKANT P.
SHRIKANT P.

"Sas is the best "

What do you like best?

Sas is the powerful system which allow user to use the multiple dataset and also do heavy duty analysis.

Sas can handle bigger data easily.

What do you dislike?

it has 3 major courses, SAS fees are are not something anyone can afford, SAS courses are very very expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

highly recommended

I am currently using sas to run the heavy duty data analytics & create the Stats for the reporting purpose.

Advanced Analytics review by Angela F.
Angela F.

"Powerful, Many Features and Options, Training Required"

What do you like best?

I most value SAS for its ability to handle very large data sets (very powerful and robust). Also very useful as a data cleaning and management software, Can adequately manage complex datasets (weighting)

What do you dislike?

I believe that significant training is required in order to feel confident in using SAS. Does take some getting used to. It's easy to get caught/stuck because of a single error or typo,

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure that you have access to training/support/resources/user groups

Data cleaning, data management, analysis of large data sets, including weighted data

Advanced Analytics review by Tancy C. Z.
Tancy C. Z.

"Easy to use for analytics job duties"

What do you like best?

I love the color coding - makes it easy for routine purposes

What do you dislike?

I dislike the learning curve as it is not self explanatory, however handy when used to

Researcxh

Advanced Analytics review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Higher Education
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Higher Education

"SAS Platform"

What do you like best?

The flexibility of Enterprise guide to use GUI or write sas codes or proc sql codes

What do you dislike?

The server version is hard to manage , specially when you have different group with different permissions level

we use SAS for our reporting and analytics. The benefits are a single point for all data need, we use DIS for the integration, report with EG and WRS.

Advanced Analytics review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Solid Support for Advanced Analytics"

What do you like best?

The ability to perform advanced analytics on large datasets (beyond simple click and point). The output looks more clean than other data visualization/analytic software on the market and it makes it simple to continually pull new data into existing codes(through integration with SQL).

What do you dislike?

I wouldn't necessarily say it is a dislike, but it takes a bit of getting used to and I wasn't able to find a ton of resources online. However, there is enough to get you started.

While I mostly use SAS for basic proc freqs and logistic regression, I sometimes need to create more advanced codes for principal component analysis.

Advanced Analytics review by Brenda V.
Brenda V.

"SAS is great for big data"

What do you like best?

SAS is the ideal data analytics for big data. I work with large health care data. I find that the processing is much mood efficient with SAS compared to other programs.

What do you dislike?

There is definitely a learning curve. Visualizations are not user friendly PR customizable.

I use SAS for analyzing electronic health record data. Most recently, we looked at trends in hospital utilization post sepsis.

Advanced Analytics review by User in Public Policy
User in Public Policy

"Strong analysis tool"

What do you like best?

SAS is industry standard and for good reason as it has the ability to manage and manipulate large databases for analysis

What do you dislike?

This is one of the more expensive options available

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure your employees have the training to use the software

SAS allows us to put to use substantial amounts of data to answer questions of public health concern

Advanced Analytics review by User in Financial Services

"We use SAS advanced analytics for performing predictive modeling and complex analytics."

What do you like best?

The best feature about SAS advanced analytics is that the predictive modeling provides complex statistical methods and mathematical functions with extreme ease and making it easy for visual analytics and predictions.

What do you dislike?

The cost of installation of SAS is quite very high as compared to other statistical tools available. Also it’s is not user friendly to be self understood and requires training for usage.

SAS is mostly used for building SAS reports for predictive modeling and creating data sets for performing complex analytics thereby providing a way to store data and performing data analytics.

Advanced Analytics review by Arthur T.
Arthur T.

"Statisticians and Researchers Best Friend"

What do you like best?

Versatility and the fact that it can be either GUI or code based but always returning the code to re-run when necessary

What do you dislike?

Cost. My biggest/only dislike about SAS is the cost. Advanced analytics is only one of the available modules but, to have what one needs, a number of additional modules are also required.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Should include IML in license so that an interface with R is also available

Have used it to solve numerous problems throughout my career, from predictive modelling, analyzing trends, and identifying anomalies.

Advanced Analytics review by Varun S.
Varun S.

"It should not be this expensive"

What do you like best?

How we can manipulate data for reports and look for variable being computed during runtime environment.

What do you dislike?

Not able handle huge data sets at once. The graphs that are being generated especially for statistical modeling. Are pixelated on this high price software

Recommendations to others considering the product

Acquire the skill it's important

We are resolving how reports are being viewed

Advanced Analytics review by Juilee B.
Juilee B.

"Great user interface"

What do you like best?

Great user interface and help documents. Easy to code

What do you dislike?

Speed. And data handling capacity. Expensive licensing

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is considered slightly outdated compared to R and vpython. Open sourcing and implementation of more data capacity will be best

Great for quick computations and data analysis

Advanced Analytics review by User in Medical Devices
User in Medical Devices

"Excellent tool for complex data manipulations"

What do you like best?

great for large data sets and complex data manipulations. Once you learn programming, there is very little you cannot do with SAS.

What do you dislike?

Finicky programming; not a very intuitive interface. You could spend an entire day writing a long and complex code to append and manipulate data sets, only to discover it doesn't work because you missed a semi-colon somewhere.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SAS is not for the faint of heart, but once you get past the intimidation stage and start working with it, learning programming, there are near limitless possibilities.

We used it for consolidating large and unrelated data sets and data mining with great success

Advanced Analytics review by Rebekah M.
Rebekah M.

"Flexible statistical programming "

What do you like best?

Easy and flexibility of use. I can create and design project so the results are relent to our needs.

What do you dislike?

There is a steep learning curve when. Using this product and teaching it to others

I've been able to complete statistical analysis projects for class assignment with ease

Advanced Analytics review by Joshua C.
Joshua C.

"My lifesaver"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about SAS programming is how the text colors change.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve for SAS programming is a bit steep. It's also really annoying to have to sort the data first before SAS can set up my logistic regressions correctly.

General statistical analysis, making regression models and running diagnostics

Advanced Analytics review by Rakesh P.
Rakesh P.

"Room for improvement in analytics, especially panel data analyses"

What do you like best?

Pretty good for handling large data sets. I would like the software to improve on panel data analyses.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that I cannot do other models in the same software. Especially if I want to do structural equation modeling.

I am currently researching outsourcing and firm performance, especially with changes in trade and economic policies, how does that affect outsourcing strategies of the firms

Advanced Analytics review by User in Higher Education

"Nice program for analytics"

What do you like best?

Relatively easy to use, has most of the functionality I would want or need, has been around long enough so there is lots of support available on the internet via forums and such

What do you dislike?

Not the most up to date, most people seem to be using other programs (like R), the graphing functions are relatively limited

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would consider looking into SAS Advanced Analytics for use in your company or school, but should also consider the other options out there

Needing to conduct advanced statistical analyses

Advanced Analytics review by Yan S.
Yan S.

"SAS Advanced Analytics "

What do you like best?

As long as you know how to use SAS, this software is very easy to navigate and produce detail and easy to define analysis results.

What do you dislike?

It is relatively expensive to maintain the yearly license.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please expand the capacity to analysis huge data sets

Data analysis

Advanced Analytics review by User in Financial Services

"Best Programming language for Analytics"

What do you like best?

I love the software and the support provided by the SAS team. It had the best visualization capability and detailed statistics after running the model.

What do you dislike?

First the tool is very costly and Secondly, open source tools are catching up with the same capabilities like what SAS have. SAS cant be used on Hadoop cluster unlike Python on Spark.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make a open source version.

I used SAS in my academic career and it was very beneficial in learning the predictive analytics easily. It contained all the packages.

Advanced Analytics review by Leah B.
Leah B.

"Very robust statistical package "

What do you like best?

One can analyze large amounts of data, conduct data mining, and predictive disease modeling

What do you dislike?

Tedious coding sensitive to small errors. I wish there was more guidance or protective of simple mistakes that can mess up lines of code

we analyze large sets of data fr

Advanced Analytics review by Tara R.
Tara R.

"SAS"

What do you like best?

I like that it is multifunctional and you can do basically any statistical calculation without ease

What do you dislike?

I don’t like how when there are errors, SAS is very vague at letting us know where they are in a big code.

Research study participant analysis

Advanced Analytics review by Melanie H.
Melanie H.

"Masters in epidemiology "

What do you like best?

It is a simple interface that is fairly free of bugs.

What do you dislike?

It can be very specific and leave little room for variety.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use if you have had an in-depth introduction to the software.

Great for research purpose and data analysis.

Advanced Analytics review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Non-Profit Organization Management
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Efficient software for analytical needs"

What do you like best?

SAS coding is fairly intuitive and straightforward. The resources available for support are some of the best I've experienced. It has the capacity to process large administrative data sets efficiently.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be difficult to track program errors. There is typically limited information given when errors in codes exist.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a very user-friendly, efficient product with great support.

I routinely use SAS to process large administrative data sets. It is effective for performing various descriptive analysis in a timely fashion as well as logistic regression modeling.

Advanced Analytics review by Kunal S.
Kunal S.

"Sas.. robust platform for data analysis "

What do you like best?

Extremely fast and a lot of in built packages for math.

What do you dislike?

It's not a open source platform and r studio beats it

Healthcare analytics and trying to figure out which claims to be approved or denied.

Advanced Analytics review by Emily M.
Emily M.

"Great software with a lot of support available online."

What do you like best?

Using this software is relatively simple once you learn the basics, and it is always easy to find any support you might need or tips for analysis online.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is difficult to identify the error in code.

I use this software to conduct public health research.

Advanced Analytics review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Internet
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Internet

"SAS is fine"

What do you like best?

SAS is great for analyzing data in ways that require macros l.

What do you dislike?

I have never encountered a statistical software language with less learning resources available via googling.

I’m processing big data quickly to deliver to clients.

Advanced Analytics review by User

"SAS is great for advanced statistical analysis!"

What do you like best?

There is so much flexibility of what you can do with sas.

What do you dislike?

It’s a fairly steep learning curve to figure out how to use it at first.

Research and statistical analysis as well as data cleaning.

Advanced Analytics review by Michelle V.
Michelle V.

"review of SAS"

What do you like best?

i like that it comes with clear directions to make it easier for the average person to use

What do you dislike?

seems outdated and needs to have more features for functionality

more decisions based on analytics rather than assumption

Advanced Analytics review by Marissa K.
Marissa K.

"A Classic"

What do you like best?

Have been using for years, easy interface, many uses such as poster presentation template creation to presentation creation. in my everyday life

What do you dislike?

printing from mac can get glitchy, changing themes can change word color sometimes

presentations, poster creation

Advanced Analytics review by Amanda C.
Amanda C.

"New ways to find solutions"

What do you like best?

I like that it provides us new ways to look at problems our clients face

What do you dislike?

Need a lot of background in order to use, only for the knowledgeable to use

We are using big data to analyze trends across past years

Advanced Analytics review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Saw programmer spec ed data"

What do you like best?

Saw enterprise guide is a beautiful tool

What do you dislike?

The visual analytics isn’t the greatest. Reports are very basic in viewing and require a lot of formatting.

Data across time and place

Advanced Analytics review by Aakash P.
Aakash P.

"Actuarial assistant"

What do you like best?

SAS Enterprise Guide is a very simple and user friendly way to do analysis.

What do you dislike?

Troubleshooting can be difficult. Not clear which codes are causing issues.

Data mining and analysis for profitability analysis.

Advanced Analytics review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Easy once you get the hang of it"

What do you like best?

SAS is very programming intensive but once you get comfortable with the language and typing code, it gets easy to perform advanced statistical modeling using SAS.

What do you dislike?

Too programming intensive. Model interpretation can be challenging at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In some ways it is a very versatile software but can be a bit cumbersome to use.

Health care data analysis especially administrative data such as claims data.

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

SAS has a comprehensive database management and statistical analysis package that operates efficiently.

What do you dislike?

SAS can be quite expensive unless purchased through a large account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that others weigh the costs of SAS versus other cheaper (and some free) products.

SAS provides extremely effective tools that I would recommend to all interested in data science.

Advanced Analytics review by User in Law Enforcement
User in Law Enforcement

"Useful for Regression Analysis"

What do you like best?

Although not necessarily an intuitive program, after a bit of a learning curve, SAS can be used to accomplish incredibly useful analysis.

What do you dislike?

As mentioned, it can be a bit difficult to learn - but there are resources available. Data from different sources sometimes needs code alterations, which can be a bit confusing to figure out.

SAS can be used in interpreting data from meaningless points to useful information.

Advanced Analytics review by User in Higher Education

"Best software for data analysis"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to use and manipulating the coding for the data is fantastic.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the program takes a long time to load.

I'm doing primarily data analysis for various research studies.

Advanced Analytics review by Elyse P.
Elyse P.

"Sas is the worst"

What do you like best?

I like the colors of the text as you type.

What do you dislike?

its slow, it crashes often, its unintuitive, the support website is horrible and extremely hard to use

I'm in health research, so none.

Advanced Analytics review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Super for big data"

What do you like best?

I love that you can create custom SAS queries in an easy to use and read format to pull data.

What do you dislike?

The interface is a bit old and rustic looking, but that may just be the version I have

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn SQL and you’re golden!

Profitability concerns in the business. Much better understanding of data from other companies that had data that was hard to reach.

Advanced Analytics review by Sugy C.
Sugy C.

"Powerful tool!"

What do you like best?

It is a very powerful tool. I use SAS pretty much for data cleaning, running models and creating graphs.

What do you dislike?

It can be expensive if your company does not cover it!

Strong analyses!

Advanced Analytics review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"I think its a perfect analytics dashboard"

What do you like best?

The ease of changes, and analytics provided in realtime is a very nice perk!

What do you dislike?

I havent found anything really that I haven't liked about it . But I am an advanced user (design queries etc.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd suggest do your shopping for the right solution.

Provides real-time view of business operations, inventory etc. As well as providing a Return On Investment for the product.

Advanced Analytics review by User

"Great for health related fields"

What do you like best?

I learned R prior to SAS. There are many out-of-date packages in R but are available in SAS

What do you dislike?

Inconvenient in general. You have to type out a lot to view, manipulate, graph the datasets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can directly ask on SAS website to troubleshoot, so utilize that when learning it.

A lot of biostatistics related analysis like survival, longitudinal, and statistical analysis.

"Very powerful tool"

What do you like best?

Excellent tool, very versatile and powerful however it needs coding knowledge in order to perform at it bests. There are excellent tutorials in the SAS website for basic and semi-advanced skills. There is also a remote version that is very user friendly for students

What do you dislike?

Only the need of coding, sometimes small mistakes prevent the coding from running and slows progress significantly.

data exploration, data analysis, graph design, report preparation, and other tasks related to research.

"It's okay"

What do you like best?

The user interface is very easy to interpret

What do you dislike?

Some of the features are hard to use in my opinion

They've helped everyone more easily perform mass calculations

Advanced Analytics review by User in Higher Education

"Powerful, Simple - Poor Graphs :)"

What do you like best?

The use of loops, the END statements, colors of coding makes writing scripts easily.

What do you dislike?

Poor Graphs, shabby ones - other software are much better

Data Analysis

"Learning advanced SAS"

What do you like best?

Its essential features for clinical Sas usage

What do you dislike?

Nothing up till now. Just trying to learn.

Ability present data for clinical trial analysis.

Advanced Analytics review by Akanksha M.
Akanksha M.

"Good software for BI and analytics "

What do you like best?

Easy to use UI. Have been able to create many operations report using the various options. And doing trend analysis.

What do you dislike?

Costly for a startup. May be more cost efficient methods could be introduced to increase affordability.

Doing trend analysis. Generating daily performance reports. Analyzing achieved vs. target values.

Advanced Analytics review by User in Higher Education

"Best software for advanced analytics"

What do you like best?

SAS has very user friendly interface. Very helpful log file. It has excellent support service. The documentation for SAS software is of very high quality.

What do you dislike?

It is expensive. It takes a lot of code to produce good graphics. In R or Python you need just few lines of code.

Mostly used it in research and industry for producing tables, listing and graphs.

Advanced Analytics review by Emily G.
Emily G.

"A great tool"

What do you like best?

Flexible to meet our needs and Overall service is solid. A great tool, with extensive documentation,

What do you dislike?

Implementation is well done but dragging.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Expensive but get good customer service.

Large data sets used for QA

Advanced Analytics review by Abigail T.
Abigail T.

"SAS advanced analytics used for research"

What do you like best?

sas advanced analytics allowed me to run complicated reports

What do you dislike?

sas advanced analytics takes a lot of time to learn

we used sas advanced analytics for our research reports

Advanced Analytics review by Christina C.
Christina C.

"Works well"

What do you like best?

It is fairly easy to use. They provide training which is helpful.

What do you dislike?

Quite a bit of ramp up but since the training is provided, that is helpful.

Basic Data Analytics

Advanced Analytics review by User in Banking
User in Banking

"My go to Tool"

What do you like best?

Sas Advanced Analytics is my go to tool, It has a great user interface. The Amount data at scalable level was easy to load. Visually appealing product to deal with

What do you dislike?

Everything out of the box was adequate. No complaints

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool if you are a beginer of analytics

was what we where looking for,

Advanced Analytics review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Simple to use powerful analytics tool"

What do you like best?

The best part that I like is that how easily I can add or remove data points to plot graphs and charts and be able to utilize the business intelligence built to optimize the operations of it.

What do you dislike?

Additional capability of coding with standard query languages like SQL can be a great advantage for starters.

Mostly use this to perform day to day analysis. Have been able to generate BI for the management and for predictive analytics.

Advanced Analytics review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Insurance
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Insurance

"The first and the best"

What do you like best?

The level of excellence that is achieved when SAS is used for analytics. This also include the validity of the results and the general acceptability and respect that are accorded such results.

What do you dislike?

The cost of SAS is relatively on the high side when compared to others.

Recommendations to others considering the product

None

Mostly statistical analyses and programming

Advanced Analytics review by Saurav C.
Saurav C.

"good analytic software"

What do you like best?

Versatility in analytic options offered in present iteration

What do you dislike?

Restricted portability in analytic options offered in present iteration

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use SAS by all means, but will need a back-up system for portability.

Predictive analytics for healthcare improvement

Advanced Analytics review by Niharika G.
Niharika G.

"SAS Advanced Analytics software for data analyses"

What do you like best?

Ability to handle large datasets, ability to perform multivariate analyses

What do you dislike?

Unable to do structural equation modeling

Currently analyzing data on collaboration and performance on firms

"Nice Solutions Software"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to work with large data sets and to see each command line

What do you dislike?

At times coding the entire piece is a pain. It would be nice to see a quick interface in the lite versions

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ability to code

This software helps me achieve my research agenda

Advanced Analytics review by User in Research
User in Research

"SAS "

What do you like best?

I like that SAS has built in procedures so that carrying out functions on data is very straightforward and easy.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the software cannot be run on Macs. Have to seek Windows PCs to be able to run it.

I used SAS to do data analysis on a national dataset, to search for associations between variables.

Advanced Analytics review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"I like using SAS, but it's just quite expensive"

What do you like best?

Ease of use.

Graphics are better than R.

Statistical analysis.

SAS studio.

Writing to PDF

What do you dislike?

It's quite expensive.

Sometimes it takes a long time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool but it's expensive. Students should use the school version or get student discounts on it if you want to buy one.

Statistics.

Useful analysis.

Advanced Analytics review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"SAS advanced"

What do you like best?

I really like the easy to use UI and the accessibility to anything you would ever need.

What do you dislike?

Although the UI is easy to use, it also looks quite outdated.

We solved daily business problems with this program, analyzing sales, expenses and the company's financial standing.

Advanced Analytics review by User in Biotechnology
User in Biotechnology

"SAS Review"

What do you like best?

Very user-friendly, I like that the software provides clear and streamlined data outputs execially for large datasets.

What do you dislike?

I found there is not many resources to learn how to use the program so there was a learning curve

I use SAS for analyzing industry/ market trends as well public health record data.

"Works for me"

What do you like best?

It's fine for my work. it's the primary software used in our field. The other is SPSS which I'm not familiar with. I like the SAS forum support.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to actually reach someone on the phone right away when I have an issue.

Normal research problems in health.... predictive analysis, assocations and relationships, etc

Learning about SAS Advanced Analytics?

* We monitor all SAS Advanced Analytics reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.