SAS Advanced Analytics

SAS Advanced Analytics software is infused with cutting-edge, innovative algorithms that can help you solve even your most intractable problems. Make the best decisions possible. And unearth opportunities you would otherwise miss.

Work for SAS Advanced Analytics?

Learning about Advanced Analytics?

SAS Advanced Analytics Reviews

Showing 101 Advanced Analytics reviews
Advanced Analytics review by <span>Shannon R.</span>
Shannon R.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I like that the software provides clear and streamlined data analysis. SAS is particularly helpful for analyzing large datasets, and the structure makes it simple to uncover any issues with the syntax. That feature saves a great deal of time.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it is so heavily dependent upon syntax and coding. However, this is only an issue if it is a type of analysis that I am unfamiliar with and need to develop my own syntax.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would consider this product if you have large datasets and complicated analyses to conduct. It is an expensive product, but if you have a lot of this kind of work then it is worth the price for a company. I would also recommend taking a SAS course, they are quite helpful for navigating the software. The software is more complicated than perhaps SPSS, so it does require a user with either the skill or the ability to learn quickly. There is a lot of training and guides available to users. This includes example syntax and different analyses. I would recommend the product overall.

I have worked with colleagues to use this software to complete annual reports involving large datasets. Again, this software is incredibly helpful for processing a large amount of information, but also for checking for errors through quality assurance checks. The use of the software made it possible to complete several reports in a short time frame.

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SAS Advanced Analytics
Advanced Analytics review by <span>Melissa C.</span>
Melissa C.
Validated Review

Use SAS for all your model needs

Validated Review
What do you like best?

SAS coding is very easy to learn. Yes, it’s different then a lot of other programs, but the modeling and coding stays the same. It’s capable of mass data, aside from boot strapping. I love using SAS for statistical analysis

What do you dislike?

SAS won’t run if one little semi colon is out of place. It would be nice if it highlighted what part of the code was faulty as opposed to giving an error message at the top. I also wish I didn’t have to code my comments into the program. I’d love a separate comment section for the coding on the side.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It’s logical, but it is limited in its bootstrapping capability. The one short fall of SAS is that it doesn’t handle super large data sets too well

I’m a scientist at a University, so we use SAS for solving scientific questions relation to animal and dairy science. We’ve used the software to validate technologies, test commercial products, and analyze animal behaviors.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Predictive Analytics solution do you use?

Advanced Analytics review by <span>Kristen L.</span>
Kristen L.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Application of machine learning and predictive modeling using SAS. Also data visualization is very informative.

What do you dislike?

The thing I dislike about SAS is the licensing fee for using SAS. Also sometimes product support for university edition is difficult to find on the internet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It would be beneficial to have more free video tutorials for Advanced SAS.

I was working in a health care research project which had massive data. We collected this data for a period of 7 years. The benefit of SAS was it handled this huge data very well. And application of machine learning was easy. Error logs were easily comprehensive.

Advanced Analytics review by <span>Abhinav P.</span>
Abhinav P.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

It is an advanced statistical tool. It has the power to run advanced algorithms on huge dataset easily. Also, It integrates well with other products like SQL server, Teradata and processes can be automated.

What do you dislike?

It is quiet difficult for beginners but once you get used to it, its power can be realized. It does not have good graphic capabilities. The packages which they have are expensive and not really fascinating to modify. Also, since it is not open source, there are lot of advanced analytical techniques it is not up-to-date with, which are out there and shared by industry experts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It depends on how much knowledge my colleague has on data analytics and how much time can be devoted to learning a new software. If he/she is relatively new to data analysis and cannot spend a long time learning SAS coding, I would recommend him/her to use SPSS which has a very simple point and click interface. If he/she has data warehousing/SQL experience before and wants to dig deep into data, he/she probably is a good starter to learn data mining through SAS.

I have use SAS to perform advanced machine learning techniques like logistic regression, random forest and gradient boosting.

We predicted the number of people who are likely to churn in the next couple of months, so that they can be retained by giving special incentives thereby minimize losses.

The results obtained are robust. It can be used for predictive analytics, data exploration, Business Intelligence and Statistical analysis.

Advanced Analytics review by User in Higher Education

Great support, lots of capabilities

Validated Review
What do you like best?

support service, ease of use, appearance of output. The output is better than any other statistical software I've used, and it is very easy to view datasets. Also, the support is outstanding. I had an issue with some code, and the support service got back to me in a day.

What do you dislike?

Price!!! You cannot really own SAS as an individual. It is impossible to do 'cutting edge' analytics in SAS, but they are implementing more recent prediction algorithms such as random forests.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lots of new updates recently for machine learning

I analyzed all my data for my master's thesis with SAS. Although I did not solve any business problems per se, I constructed complex, mixed models to accurately model my data. It would have been very difficult with other statistical software (e.g. R).

Advanced Analytics review by <span>Katie F.</span>
Katie F.

Experience with SAS 9.4

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Once you learn the basic language, the software is intuitive and user-friendly. This program is excellent for large data sets and creating tables.

What do you dislike?

The graphic options are not as extensive as the program R including color palettes. The licensing expires and is costly to an individual or company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very useful and stands alone in the field of software analytics.

We are able to analyze large data sets with SAS for a research study I am a part of and also merge several data files into one complete set.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

Learning about SAS Advanced Analytics?

* We monitor all SAS Advanced Analytics reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.