SAS Data Quality

3.8

SAS Data Quality meets you where you are, addressing your data quality issues without requiring you to move your data.

Work for SAS Data Quality?

Learning about SAS Data Quality?

SAS Data Quality Reviews

Ask SAS Data Quality a Question
Showing 36 SAS Data Quality reviews
SAS Data Quality review by Levi B.
Levi B.

"SAS for health research"

What do you like best?

Data management capabilities. SAS bridge with ArcGIS (although this could be and will be updated to deal with big data) it's a step in the right direction. Macro capabilities

What do you dislike?

No command window. It would be nice to have a command window similar to R or STATA where you can test code without have to write it in the SAS system program file. Also, R's ability to download various packages is very nice and I think SAS would benefit from this. Length of code to run a simple regression.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand what your plan before you buy the product. If you do a bunch of data management, then consider SAS. If not, maybe consider a different software

Automating a process to extract data from medical records

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SAS Data Quality
SAS Data Quality review by Jim B.
Jim B.

"Sas Data Quality Review"

What do you like best?

What I like best about SAS is that you can statistically analyze complex and meaningful data. With SAS, public health workers can identify risk factors for certain diseases and further research remedies or treatments.

What do you dislike?

It takes training and education to use the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For those who are considering SAS Data Quality, this software can be tailored to your needs no matter what industry you are in or what part of the world you are in. This software is especially helpful if you have a vast amount of data to analyze such as health, education, programs, tests, demographic data, etc.

We are analyzing health risk factors. The main benefit is that with better analytics you are likely to have high quality data and research. SAS makes it possible to solve public health issues in a timely manner.

What Data Quality solution do you use?

User in Research

"SAS Software Packages for Ease in Data analysis and Quality"

What do you like best?

I was educationally trained in SAS. For me the best features of this software are the simple coding language, SAS support, and variation of data analysis procedures that can be done on the software. Primarily, I use the software to analyze public health data. The software has great functionality when you need to look at descriptive statistics, regressions, and even time-series analysis. The good thing about SAS is that even though it is a challenging learn, it is repetitive in nature. And the Log output gives you feedback when you make an error, which is better compared to using STATA.

What do you dislike?

A lot can be done with SAS, but it does require some training. SAS is not something you can easily pick up. It requires some background knowledge on what each procedure does (ex: reg, glm, freq, means, genmod). It also requires you to know what steps can go into each procedure. However, SAS Support is a great aid which helps explain all that you need to know to use the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is pricey, but it will meet all your advanced data analysis needs.

SAS is a software that can analyze large and complex data-sets, which is important in public health.

SAS Data Quality review by User in Biotechnology
User in Biotechnology

"Data Analytics Dream"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to learn and adaptable in nature, it has a strong data capability feature, and with each update there is an update of the strength of the product over all. It can be used in various scenarios and not limited to just some data sets.

What do you dislike?

It is a very expensive software that lacks in the customization capabilities that would help make the final product a lot clearer and more interactive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If it is a start-up there are way more easier programs that are flexible in nature than SAS and what they can provide. SAS i sbest to learn first since it is the universal language in data analytics and provides a vast background needed to understand other programs further downstream.

Through using SAS i have been able to examine the strength of drug product versus cost within the business and being able to analyze and graph the information in order to assess what would be best to move into the market next.

SAS Data Quality review by User in Market Research
User in Market Research

"A High Powered Analysis Tool"

What do you like best?

SAS is a great tool for doing high-level, more complex analyses like Statistical Equation Modeling, Cluster Analysis, etc., but isn't the best solution if you need to do something relatively simple like running a cross-tab analysis, simple t test, etc.

What do you dislike?

It's not the most user friendly platform, that's for sure. It used to be entirely syntax based, although recently they've added the ability to do click menus, which is really nice. I don't use it all THAT often, since SPSS has really stepped up their game recently and is able to handle the majority of my needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a solid tool for more advanced analytics and complex things, but if you need something simpler, just go with SPSS.

SAS is great for when I have a complex analysis that I need to run myself and I'm pressed for time. Usually I would outsource this to another analyst, but if I need to do something quick and dirty, SAS is a great tool for that.

SAS Data Quality review by User in Internet

"No more biased results due to data errors!"

What do you like best?

We deal day to day with data and there were instances in the past where we generated partial insights due to data not being well prepared before we ran the analysis. But with SAS data quality, we no more face this issue. It cleans the data for us and lets us concentrate on our core problem rather than spending enormous amounts of time in data cleaning

What do you dislike?

SAS is an expensive tool for small firms. Only if you are getting bulk licenses - you get a good price.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it if you are looking for accurate insights from your data.

We were trying to understand customer retention for our prepaid debit cards. Our teams put in hours of man hours to clean the data - removing outliers, taking unbiased samples, understanding true correlations etc. (We used to draw box plots etc. to remove outliers) Even after all this exercise we were not accurate. This is where SAS Data Quality helped us improve our data quality and proceed while saving lot of man hours. We re-ran the logistic regression with the cleaned data and the results were satisfactory

"SAS"

What do you like best?

SAS is comparable to other softwares for data analysis. I use it for educational research that required multiple regression and descriptive statistics. SAS has any statistical procedure I needed to run in a university setting. SAS Social Media Analytics seems like a very neat tool that I would like to use in the future. I prefer this software when I have to analysis large sets of data.

What do you dislike?

SAS is not as user friendly and I had to seek assistance on multiple occasions. I had received training on statistical procedures but do not consider myself a statistician, therefore, it was important for me to find something that was easy to use. For example, you have to know programing code and remember it for analysis. Although, I did not pay for my use of it when I considered purchasing my own; I found that it was more expensive than other available softwares.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are knowledgable about statistics, then this program will be easier to use than if you are a novice. It has a wide range of capabilities including basic and advanced statistical analysis for a university setting. It is more costly than other software programs but is great for large datasets.

Educational research was the one use I had for SAS; specifically multiple regression and descriptive statistics. It was provided free of charge which was a strong benefit and met my immediate needs.

SAS Data Quality review by Katherine Y.
Katherine Y.

"My experience with SAS."

What do you like best?

As a student researcher, I was able to use SAS for free online.

What do you dislike?

I had to be online to use SAS, and downloading SAS for mac computers is slightly more problematic than using a regular PC.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SAS is useful, but takes time to learn. Finding a good course would be necessary to use SAS.

I am in the public health field. SAS helps me with looking at associations of an exposure and an outcome, as well as, doing things such as logistical regressions.

SAS Data Quality review by Consultant in Public Policy
Consultant in Public Policy

"SAS usage for health insurance research"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to conduct various types of analyses in sas useful towards research in health care policy. While steps are not as intuitive as I am familiar with (using STATA), they did come with ease quicker. This may be because I am familiar with another programming language.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that sas guide and regular sas do not have the same functions. In regular sas, I have to write a code to produce excel output. In sas guide, there's is an easy way to do this manually.

I analyze large sets of insurance claims data and am able to extract specific information by drug line, provider, etc. I can examine the relationship between multiple data sets to target answers for clients.

SAS Data Quality review by Laura D.
Laura D.

"Works pretty well. A bear to learn"

What do you like best?

I like that it is a robust system and rarely if ever crashes. It works well when I am trying to analyze data. Most recently I used SAS for analyzing my

What do you dislike?

It is hard to learn to use, initially, but once you have that down, it is easy to maneuver.

I am conducting qualititative nursing research related to nurse practitioners. This helps me understand gaps in understanding. I have realized how to better improve future studies.

SAS Data Quality review by Maura H.
Maura H.

"Mostly Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

The interface is pretty easy to use for someone who is trying to pick it up on their own.

What do you dislike?

There were a few minor bugs where I had to find a work around to get to a button not working and I needed to figure out how to do certain things manually.

We used this to make sure our analyses were accurate.

SAS Data Quality review by Aditi B.
Aditi B.

"Can trust with your data"

What do you like best?

We are able to standardize new and existing data so that we can present our data to collaborators across the nation

What do you dislike?

Not as intuitive as programs like SPSS. Requires a course in SAS in order to use it.

We are able to use SAS Data Quality to clean and analyze our data so that we can present at national conferences. It helps us with organization tremendously.

SAS Data Quality review by Michelle G.
Michelle G.

"Used this in my graduate program"

What do you like best?

Being able to merge two large data sets fairly easily.

What do you dislike?

It is extremely expensive and cost prohibitive if you are not receiving it from an institution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use a different language that does not cost your left kidney to purchase and is not English with semicolons.

I am currently using SAS to analyze data from large hospital databases in order to inform decisions regarding clinical trials.

SAS Data Quality review by Leah B.
Leah B.

"Very robust statistical package"

What do you like best?

analyze large sets of data, easy to manage and manipulate data, conduct modeling and create output (graphs, charts)

What do you dislike?

very labor intensive one small coding error can ruin lines of data code and sometimes it's hard to detect where you went wrong

analyze results from disease surveillance data, research studies and surveys

User in Research

"Complicated and difficult to understand"

What do you like best?

The data output is more clear than with other analysis softwares.

What do you dislike?

The interface is extremely difficult, and the programming language is not at all intuitive. The guide materials are horrendous. Guides written in plain language for lay users would be extremely helpful, but your guides are incomprehensible and patronizing. The fact that this software is not mac compatible is ridiculous, and the biggest reason I used a competitor's product.

I do data analysis frequently for my clients but chose to use a superior data software.

"SAS Candid Review"

What do you like best?

I really appreciate SAS' straightforward nature. Once you have a bank of the most relevant and frequent code you'll be using, its simply plugging and chugging from there.

What do you dislike?

While it is easy in nature, when you get a very long line of code its easy to make one minute mistake that will render the rest of your code is ineffective.

We are able to analyze and easily manage a LARGE set of meta-data with SAS. Without a system like SAS, our time required for certain projects would be astronomical

SAS Data Quality review by User in Higher Education

"Good data management tool"

What do you like best?

the flow chart-like interface that clearly demonstrate how each data sources are integrated, matched, and cleaned in each step.

What do you dislike?

the visual presentation or visual analytics can be enhanced. Although multiple data sources can be managed simultaneously, there are other subject-specific issues, such as multiple names of the same individual, when merging the data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy-to-use tool with visual presentation.

multiple justice data sources (e.g., law enforcement, court, corrections) can be well integrated and managed. The official records can be well integrated with public survey data.

SAS Data Quality review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"SAS Data Quality"

What do you like best?

I like that I am able to analyze large datasets without having to wait for ages for results to load. The syntax is straight forward and I am able to run lots of complex analyses fairly easily.

What do you dislike?

SAS is extremely expensive and we are not able to have a license on every computer.

I use SAS for public health data analysis. This includes disparity data, analysis of health insurance data, and to track statistical changes in disease prevalence over time.

SAS Data Quality review by User

"effective but NOT user friendly"

What do you like best?

This program allows you to do sophisticated data analysis and is flexible in terms of allowing you to manipulate data effectively.

What do you dislike?

This program is incredibly difficult to use, and the user support is even worse. I'd love a plain English guide.

I need to do data analysis. I also work with students and junior employees and would love a program that they could pick up easily. Frankly, SAS is discouraging and inaccessible.

SAS Data Quality review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"SAS Review"

What do you like best?

Easy to clean and view the data in an intuitive format. Much more powerful than excel, and can process large datasets to glean interesting insights

What do you dislike?

Can be slow and tedious to clean the data. Some bugs/quirks/features that do not make any sense

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get training, make sure that you check your work before outputting data

Cleaning data, creating analytical datasets, giving insights to business partners

SAS Data Quality review by Consultant in Management Consulting
Consultant in Management Consulting

"Very useful"

What do you like best?

It has great features , makes your analysis efficient as long as your familiar with the language

What do you dislike?

I still think SQL server has a more intuitive programming language. Also, the license is very expensive

Recommendations to others considering the product

Become familiar with the SAS language and it’s features

I’ve performed checks on completeness and accuracy, and develop predictive model for the healthcare solutions

User in Research

"SAS is better that SPSS"

What do you like best?

Data manipulation is so much easier in SA than in other programs (SPSS for example).

What do you dislike?

Cannot "see" the data to look for abnormalities without running a proc freq. Having access to the visual interface allows for scanning the data.

I am and addiction researcher so I am ensuring that the data are accurate and reporting statistics to state and federal agencies for program evaluation.

SAS Data Quality review by Internal Consultant in Banking
Internal Consultant in Banking

"Flexible and Logical"

What do you like best?

SAS is a very flexible software, the functions makes programming easy to work with. There are plenty of solutions online and help is great.

What do you dislike?

There is a learning curve, and some of the code can be confusing, if used by unskilled coders.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Helps with analysis and building models

Since, I build predictive models, quality of data is important especially with understanding outliers and distributions.

SAS Data Quality review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Hospital & Health Care
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Hospital & Health Care

"I would recommend this software to the IT naive"

What do you like best?

I love the visualization aspect of this software. Easy to check quality through the entire lifecycle!

What do you dislike?

The support/ help desk feature is not great. It has taken me a lot of time to resolve issues in the past, when I was learning how to use it.

I am looking into the quality of data extracted from a clinical data warehouse

SAS Data Quality review by User

"This is a powerful software for solving the most complex statistical tasks"

What do you like best?

The software can handle very difficult problem other software fails. It is also perfect for analyzing large data datasets.

What do you dislike?

The software is expensive, more importantly not parallelizable. This makes it a weaker choice for analyzing big data, unlike R or Python.

I am doing commercial grade research on economic valuation and cost-benefit. I benefited the use of software for analyzing large-scale mortgage datasets.

SAS Data Quality review by User in Utilities
User in Utilities

"Has helped me tremendously "

What do you like best?

I like the interface quite a bit. It is easy to work with all of my data.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve is quite steep. I wish it was a bit more new user friendly.

We have data from several sources. This product makes it easy to work with all of it.

"SAS"

What do you like best?

SAS is very user friendly and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes data processing can be slow and requires overnight running.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good product, however it is very expensive to purchase a private license.

I use SAS to solve real world health economics and outcomes research questions.

User in Research

"Know what you need to use it for "

What do you like best?

As with any stat softwares you need to know what is important about it and what to use it for, so I do research within Industry setting and

What do you dislike?

Writing my own codes, sometimes I forget what to do!

Solving paired comparisons and anovas

SAS Data Quality review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"too 'user friendly'"

What do you like best?

Very user-friendly. Easy for students to find what they need to do for assignments and analysis.

What do you dislike?

a 'black box' - students don't necessarily know precise equations being used - leads to easier use but easier misinterpretation of output.

Climate change research on high frequency data.

"Research Review"

What do you like best?

SAS is very detail-oriented. It allows for analysis with large data-sets, and we have found it very useful in public heath research.

What do you dislike?

SAS is relatively expensive compared to other statistical software, such as R.

Public Health analysis

SAS Data Quality review by User in Defense & Space
User in Defense & Space

"SAS for public health"

What do you like best?

We pull from the GE EMR and do not have issues in that arena

What do you dislike?

The SQL language does not come naturally

Recommendations to others considering the product

The customer service has been great so far

SAS benefits include the point and click user interface

SAS Data Quality review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"SAS Analysis Tool"

What do you like best?

A great tool to analyze complex data. I use this with larger data sets. Merging data sets was easy as well.

What do you dislike?

It's was exapensive and not easy to learn.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is used for clinical research data analysis.

SAS Data Quality review by User

"Great for Microsoft users"

What do you like best?

Easy to learn if new to analysis software

What do you dislike?

The platform for MAC computers is completely different, making it hard to use interchangeably on Microsoft and Mac

Analysis of public health Epidemiology research

"Ease of Use"

What do you like best?

Found this system to be user friendly and able to make data quality management simple and clean

What do you dislike?

cross talk with other systems can be frustrating

Research oriented conditions in medical conditions

SAS Data Quality review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Market Research
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Market Research

"Employee"

What do you like best?

I've used SAS most professionally so it's most comfortable

What do you dislike?

Not super user friendly and not a fan of EP

Research tool

SAS Data Quality review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Great Tool for Analytics"

What do you like best?

User friendly outputs, efficient coding techniques

What do you dislike?

Time-consuming to run large healthcare data files

Data Analytics

Learning about SAS Data Quality?

* We monitor all SAS Data Quality reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.