Sauce Labs

Sauce's test automation cloud enables QA/QE and developers to easilybperform functional, Javascript unit, and manual tests with Selenium and Appium on web and mobile apps, in 500+ browser/OS combinations. Get videos and screenshots for easy debugging. Secure and CI-ready

Work for Sauce Labs?

Learning about Sauce Labs?

Sauce Labs Reviews

Ask Sauce Labs a Question
Showing 73 Sauce Labs reviews
Sauce Labs review by Brook B.
Brook B.

"A necessity for left-shifted, continuous testing"

What do you like best?

Of all services explored, Sauce Labs offers the single best solution for integrating deep automated browser testing in a CI/CD pipeline, and integrates best with Jenkins. The Jenkins UI plugin offers a way to easily configure browser settings for tests being executed continuously. The Sauce Connect Proxy is a necessary technology for companies who have firewalled testing environments, as well as localhost testing. Test reports (that also integrate seamlessly with Jenkins jobs) are also detailed and incredibly useful. Browser support is quick to be updated as new versions of browsers are released. The custom capabilities that can be provided to Sauce Labs VMs during automated testing sessions are a valuable option for experimental or niche testing.

What do you dislike?

The Jenkins Sauce OnDemand plugin could have more options available to tap into more of the custom capabilities Sauce Labs actually supports. Current, in order to tap into these capabilities, a programatic solution is required from test code, rather than being able to configure them via the Jenkins plugin UI. For example, things like desktop resolution, browser automation binary versions, remote Selenium version, and browser console logs. These are all things it would be nice to be able to customize straight from the Jenkins plugin UI. In our experience, we've also had some issues with the Sauce Connect Proxy on our Jenkins servers failing to start, which makes the optimal CI/CD pipeline come to a halt. User account management needs an overhauls, allowing for user groups, rather than just a hierarchy structure. Test job queuing is first-come-first-serve, meaning there is no in-built way to queue batches of jobs from, say, different Jenkins servers/accounts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your need is architecting a CI/CD pipeline with left-shifted continuous real browser testing, then there is simply no better service available than Sauce Labs to integrate with this desired model. They are a smaller company than their leading competitor, but they are rapidly innovating in the right direction, and lead the charge in continuous automated testing.

Continuous, deep, left-shifted testing executed in a CI/CD pipeline as a quality gate for build promotion into higher environments. Access to browsers, platforms, and devices for manual or automated testing we do not have access to physically. A platform for executing real browser tests that we cannot implement or maintain internally in a cost-effective manner.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Sauce Labs
Sauce Labs review by Greg M.
Greg M.

"Great company for accomplishing both Mobile and Desktop testing"

What do you like best?

Great selection of both Live and Emulator devices (One of the few that actually provide emulators which greatly reduces costs to companies), Can do Android/iOS/Desktop with hundreds of permutations.

What do you dislike?

No easy way to debug or get locators for Live devices, but that is coming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to do serious mobile or Desktop testing with access to every mobile device type, every emulator, every mobile browser, every desktop browser, then SauceLabs is the vendor for you. It is the only vendor that has the complete package and the only vendor that wants YOU to succeed as a company. They have teams that provide support to make your company a success and they do this as an included service, not something you have to pay extra for. Their philosophy is "if you suceed, they succeed!".

We are currently in the process of moving all of our Mobile automation from a different Vendor to SauceLabs.

What Test Automation solution do you use?

Sauce Labs review by seema s.
seema s.

"Sauce lab is best "

What do you like best?

i like the many things in sauce lab , cross browser testing , cloud testing, testing with simulators and emulators , so can save the cost if real device purchase and many more . one thing i like most is it supports iOS , Android native apps and web too

What do you dislike?

sometime tunneling is so slow and taking much time to start automation test . And it should support real devices as well , if pricing is less , then sauce lab will be the best tool to use

Recommendations to others considering the product

try it , use it , Sauce lab is Awesome , it will help you to test many things simultaneously on cloud . with different simulators and EMULATORS

with sauce lab , i can run multiple test with multiple browser with different set of simulators and emulators , one good things it is helpful to test iOS, Android and Web too

Sauce Labs review by Nancy C.
Nancy C.

"New to SauceLabs but worth checking out"

What do you like best?

Sauce labs has great support for:

- Integration with your CI/CD pipelines or any sort of automation pipeline you use. Nicely integrates with your automation and is reliable for testing when you're testing a application or new version of your application

- You don't need your own machine or set up a machine for running tests. Just use Sauce Labs

- Support for multiple browsers and they're still adding! (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc.)

What do you dislike?

There are some issues in which the tests stop running and I have to manually restart it. There is not much information on what is causing the issue but it works when i restart it. It would also be nice if the tests are a little faster since the time for the tests to complete is a bit slow. There is a bit of a learning curve on best practices to write your code so if you tackled this without a plan, you have to go back and rewrite some of your test cases. There's definitely a lot to learn!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm not too familiar with other vendors but this product is worth trying out!

We are trying to solve some business issues with integrating this with our pipelines and automate testing when code is pushed to the repository. The best thing is that all the testing is done in the cloud so we don't have to maintain any of the machines!

Sauce Labs review by Mackenzie A.
Mackenzie A.

"A great way to run tests"

What do you like best?

Capability to tape screenshots and video of running tests along with commands log. What sealed the offer for me personally, is the commitment to supplying totally free, limitless access to their services for open sourced jobs at a level that's really worth while. The video function is fantastic, we can see exactly what takes place when the automated test case stops working.

What do you dislike?

Main point that i have actually dealt with was the cloud service is bit sluggish. Often when i run a parallel executions it takes substantial long period of time to finish executions. It is bit sluggish and took at some point to carry out action.

We began to utilize sauce for manual recognition of mobile friendly websites. We have actually considering that included automatic screening through Selenium and it has actually conserved us time evaluating brand-new and existing applications.

Sauce Labs review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"SauceLabs is a nice friend for a SDET"

What do you like best?

I like Sauce because it let me forget about all the maintenance of platforms, browsers and utilities versions, its updates/upgrades and all the point of failures of manage a selenium grid locally.

Also Sauce has a nice UI to manage my account and see all the reports and stats of our automated tests running on Sauce.

It's a nice tool if you've a CI-CD environment pipeline because let you to make a nice cross browsing testing in parallel.

What do you dislike?

I don't like very much that in Latin America the speed of SauceLabs live sessions and SauceConnect performance is not very fast. I think this could be a nice topic to improve the sauce adoption all around the world.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I really recommend Sauce if you have a CI/CD pipeline or if you need to give more tools (live sessions) to your customer experience team. It's very useful to reproduce users bugs to understand whether it's a real bug or it's a user mistake.

We solved the following problems:

* Reproduce users bugs or problems in certain platform, OS version, Browser and version.

* Cross browsing tests.

* Run in a remote browser our e2e tests, in an isolated context not our CI contect.

Sauce helps us to improve our CI build duration and let us forget about selenium grid maintenance.

Sauce Labs review by Jayson S.
Jayson S.

"Sauce is the Boss"

What do you like best?

That they're nimble and allow me to tackle the testing challenges I face. There are a number of real device testing platforms out there including Sauce- I've tried many, many of them. I ended up settling on Sauce due to a number of factors from mindset on device availability, ease of use, communication with my account team, technology, and pricing.

While their device list may not be as big as some other vendors I never have to wait for any devices and I'm able to run on all of their devices, whenever I want. On top of that I don't have to pay separately for BOTH access to a device AND concurrency. The (both) type of billing model really doesn't sit well with me nor does having to schedule a device, sit in a queue for one, or flat out not have your test run. In an environment where development teams practice CI, having to wait in line or even worse: schedule doesn't match up.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes my tests don't complete which makes stability tough, but these things are improving! Sometimes troubleshooting why my tests failed is difficult.

Real Device pool is limited. While they are continuing to add devices and it's still somewhat early days, it's still something I'd love to see expanded.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give them a shot!

My company works with video across the internet and I'm using Sauce to make sure that we're able to continue playing video back across the real devices that Sauce has.

Sauce Labs review by Alexander C.
Alexander C.

"Great product"

What do you like best?

It's ability to test on multiple browser and OS combinations is invaluable, and it's CI integration with Jenkins has made it an important part of our ATDD. Without the CI integration, we wouldn't have been able to include this is our development process, so I would argue that is one of the most important inclusions they have added.

What do you dislike?

On rare occasions tests can sometimes fail for no reason, and then work after running again. This isn't a huge problem but can be somewhat annoying. Also, inevitably it takes longer to spin up a vm and run a test on that instead of just testing locally, but this is the tradeoff necessary in order to get the benefits sauce labs has to offer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a try.

This has helped greatly as our company switches from a waterfall method to an agile method of software development. This is the biggest benefit it has for my organization as this transition has been wrought with problems, but every piece of good software such as Saucelabs that we find to smooth the process of has been a great asset.

Sauce Labs review by Administrator in Entertainment
Administrator in Entertainment

"New sauce user"

What do you like best?

Started using Sauce Labs about half a year ago and still learning its many tips and tricks. I like how it can be integrated to CI without much issue and the ability to perform cross browser/multiple platforms testing in the cloud. The customer service also replies in about a day which is good.

What do you dislike?

Although customer service replies in about a day, because of timezone differences the question I have in my morning I will only get the next morning as the replies normally comes in in the middle of the night for me. And there are still performance issues when using Sauce Connect (the tests I'm working on heavily relies on this feature) which sometimes cause tests to time out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it!

The benefits - everything is in the cloud, we don't need our own physical machines to run tests on. Less doing maintenance, more actual testing!

Sauce Labs review by adi a.
adi a.

"Sauce lab is on top"

What do you like best?

ALL features i like about sauce labs , for example : multiple test run , more language support , CI integration . Most powerful functionality is cross browser testing . Can run automation + manual on chrome . safari etc with iOS and Android native and hybrid apps , as well as on web .

What do you dislike?

Disconnect sometime in between the test run , again need to connect , speed need to increase .

Recommendations to others considering the product

it is very useful for me , for best quality testing in less time

With sauce lab fast and furious testing possible , including automation and manual .

Sauce Labs review by Shayne V.
Shayne V.

"First time user and enjoying all the resources available for learning to advance my work experience"

What do you like best?

The ability to test on multiple browser and OS versions is great for my day to day job. Helpful customer service and plenty of learning resources make implementation much less of a pain. Looking forward to continued learning and will be attending SauceCon '17.

What do you dislike?

Running regression test suites takes longer than running locally but it is to be expected since you are funneling tests through Sauce Cloud. I believe it is a fair trade since it doesn't take so much longer that it has diminishing returns.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great service for getting broad test coverage among multiple browsers and operating systems. If you have difficulties during implementation then there are plenty of resources to assist with troubleshooting as well as help from specialists from Sauce Labs. At least give them a try with a free trial to see if it is a viable solution for your testing.

Our application is quite massive and we were limiting ourselves to only 2 browsers and a handful of browsers versions when running our tests locally. Sauce Labs helped us broaden regression suite and ensure the application was working on other browsers and browser version combinations.

"Helpful "

What do you like best?

Sauce is FAST. Other solutions we tested when vetting potential cloud test platforms couldn't keep up with always available VMs. Our test suite went from a 5+ hour run time on Xamarin to ~18 minutes by leveraging parallel test runners. The best part? No additional configuration! Sauce uses Selenium Grid so we have confidence that our test suites will finish as fast as possible and get feedback to developers quickly.

What do you dislike?

Dislike feels like a strong word, but a few things that I would like to see improved would be the performance. Tests run faster locally than they do on Sauce, but if you run your tests in parallel and can have a number of vm's running at the same time then this usually doesn't create much of a problem. Another thing (and I hear they are very close to having this in place) is I would like to have my automation for mobile devices run on real devices versus only in simulators and emulators. You improve performance and have real devices connected and there won't be any reason at all to ever host your own test environment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for parallel mobile testing, definitely go for Saucelabs, but make sure to put at least 2 retries in your test configuration, so VM flakiness doesn't contaminate your test results.

So when we run saucelabs tests in parallel with our deployments, the outcome is very helpful for QA, and they can investigate failures manually, or re-run the tests.

"necessary and useful."

What do you like best?

How easy it is to use Sauce's service and incorporate it with existing tests. In addition, they have excellent customer service and I really like how in tune they are with the testing and DevOps industry.

What do you dislike?

The only caveat to mention, is the availability of the next release of iOS on their systems. Their adoption is a bit slow. I understand Sauce is making an effort to enhance their current infrastructure to make updating to the latest iOS release easier in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should think about your test architecture, and test logging. If you design it right with right concepts - the process of automation testing can be much satisfying.

We capture bugs before they make it to production and once the setup is done, the automation tester gets to focus on what they job title says they ought to focus on: automation testing. Without worrying about infrastructure, we really hit the nail on the head and let our testers shine... and ultimately be more effective as testers.

"Useful and independent"

What do you like best?

Ability to support cross device, cross browser and cross OS testing in a single place where we can run all our tests. We always lacked infrastructure which could support many in a single location. We had to outsource and get it done somewhere for extra effort and cost. Security is always a factor which we liked about it.

What do you dislike?

There is still some integration to go with Github and several other similar tools.. but Sauce is already appearing to be on that track. With all of the innovations they have made over the past year and a half, I am really looking forward to the changes they have planned for the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sauce Labs review by Jonathan M.
Jonathan M.

"Sauce Labs very easy to use"

What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

Not a whole lot to report as far as dislike. The only issue I ever have is with their manual VMs are really slow for me to use and I wish they were a little nicer, design wise.

The main business challenge I am aiming to address is having a platform and infrastructure to support my existing and new automation tests that cover a very broad range of sites I am responsible for testing. With cloud testing with a service like Sauce Labs, I am able to quickly run my tests in the cloud without taxing my local setup with tests constantly running in the background while I work on other things.

What I have realized is: automation testing is a constant pursuit for quality testing and Sauce Labs definitely helps to facilitate that pursuit every day!

Sauce Labs review by Brian S.
Brian S.

"Reliable cloud testing provider makes cross-device iOS testing much less cumbersome "

What do you like best?

With only a few months of service under our teams belt, it has been nothing but excellent. We joined during the web interface transition and it is a more enjoyable experience. Once tapped into their API our testing suites contain reliable information we can validate across the platform, switching between Sauce results and our own. This obviously makes troubleshooting much less daunting. Their documentation system is much improved. We rely on their services for mobile iOS and web testing across several projects.

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product

With the rebranding and a focus on providing physical device testing, Sauce seems capable of being a top service provider now and into the future.

We run eight virtual iOS simulators with our suite of over 240 feature tests. Parallel runs reduces our total execution runtime to a little over 2 hours. By adding some clever logic into our driver class for Sauce, we can send tests to random device configurations to achieve greater coverage without running the entire suite against every device. Interacting with the API makes this easily possible. We don't need to use Sauce Connect and perform each session configuration within our driver class.

Sauce Labs review by User in Recreational Facilities and Services
User in Recreational Facilities and Services

"Saucetastic"

What do you like best?

It's a fresh organization, I like the amount of information you can find on your page, they give you the option to learn how to manage the selenium and apium platforms. They also offer a large number of conferences and each one adapts to specific cases.

What do you dislike?

In spite of how much they try to make it easy to apply the tests to applications, the truth is that it is not a process in my opinion quite complex that deserves a lot of preparation and patience

We use Saucelabs to improve the functioning and visualization of our web application since we had many faults and it was not appreciated in the same way in all the mobile devices of the market, they offered us a solution to this by applying some tests for the app that help that will adapt to any mobile device

Sauce Labs review by User

"One of the best cloud device providers at a reasonable price!"

What do you like best?

Sauce Labs provides a cloud-based solution that offers a testing environment so we could test any OS and browser combination.

The team has one of the best tech minds, Jason Huggins, a leading contributor to Appium and Selenium Project and therefore we can be assured about the future of the project.

They offer great service at a reasonable price when compared to similar tools like BrowserStack.

Appium has built-in integration with Saucelabs thus making the configuration easier.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing much to complain about with the services offered for the price.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You have chosen the right product if you are looking for integration with real devices on cloud. The team is going in the right direction and you can expect great support from them.

Sauce Labs provides cloud device farm with hundreds of real devices for integration with our platform.

Sauce Labs review by Chris H.
Chris H.

"Easy cross-browser and device testing farm!!"

What do you like best?

Maintaining many environments for test is a bear. These guys make it so easy with their CI integration that you can have tests going in a few hours!

What do you dislike?

SauceConnect could have more options, but I have seen lately that these are improving.

It makes my life much easier. Now that we have an enterprise license, we no longer have to worry about minutes each month!

Sauce Labs review by Owen L.
Owen L.

"Sauce Labs is the best option out of a dozen automation services."

What do you like best?

Lot's of platforms for tests, supports all major frameworks. Works great with Jenkins(their Sauce OnDemand plug-in is pretty awesome). Can be used in many ways and very versatile. Very dedicated UX team that want to improve the customer experience drastically. Customer support turn around time is also very good and their engineers are very knowledgeable.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that at times, their infrastructure code gets updated, without the knowledge of the user. I then, without having updated anything, see breaking issues, or with esthetics of the test results. This in turn causes wasted time trying to figure out what went wrong and where, which always ends up in sending a customer support ticket to Sauce Labs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You need to account for the performance decrease of funneling your tests through Sauce Cloud. Your framework is probably smart, but not smart enough. In order to create very concrete tests, you need to modularize as much as you can.

We are an e-commerce company. We need to make sure that major customer facing areas of our site are working 24/7. If any of the core parts of our site our down, we lose potential purchases, potential returning customers. With automation, in 15 minutes, we check every single area of the site, without worry that QA or engineering let something slip through the cracks. Automation, with our CI environment are 2 of the most important tools in our arsenal for agile development.

Sauce Labs review by G2 Crowd User in Education Management
G2 Crowd User in Education Management

"Replaces VM needs"

What do you like best?

Saucelabs provides the flexibility to log onto any operating system and browser such as IE (and all versions), Firefox, Chrome etc. I like the ability to change between each browser and compare my test results across all of the different browsers available.

What do you dislike?

Often, when a user logs off a certain browser, it becomes very difficult to switch between browsers- this is displayed as a lag, and requires refresh of the Saucelabs console from time to time. Once refreshed, it is easy to navigate to the next browser.

I am able to test across most available browsers most commonly used by the general public. This helps my team and I identify any issues with our product and reduces front end issues users may notice. As a QA Analyst, I utilize this tool has great business benefits as we are able to provide test coverage for all currently supported browsers.

Sauce Labs review by Björn K.
Björn K.

"Free multi-browser tests for open source projects!"

What do you like best?

Sauce Labs offers free testing (with pretty limited resources, of course) for open source projects. They integrate very well with Travis-CI build jobs, and there's adapters for all kinds of JS test runners. So it was an easy choice for my own Juice Shop (https://github.com/bkimminich/juice-shop) project, where I have my unit tests run on various browser-OS-combinations via Karma Runner. On top of that I have a full end-to-end test suite written with Protractor execute on Sauce Labs as well. Check out the following Blog entry for details on my setup: http://sauceio.com/index.php/2015/06/guest-post-proving-that-an-application-is-as-broken-as-intended

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are stability issues that result in unreliable test results: Tunnels don't come up, timeouts occur, tests fail on first run but pass when started another time. I suppose this is due to the inferior free VMs you get as an open source project, and I might have a bit too many browser-OS-combinations declared for testing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As an open source project you can't do anything wrong by trying, because it's free.

Juice Shop is aintentionally insecure Javascript web application designed to be used during security trainings, classes, workshops or awareness demos. It contains over 25 vulnerabilities that an aspiring hacker can exploit in order to fulfill challenges that are tracked on a scoreboard. My end-to-end tests ensure that the overall functionality (e.g., logging in, placing products in the basket, submitting an order, etc.) is working and it performs attacks on the application that should solve all the existing challenges. By running the suite on Sauce Labs I can make sure that Juice Shop works as it should without having to run them locally all the time I push a change to the development-branch. The tests run roughly 2min so it's nice to be able to avoid this kind of "pause" on my laptop and give the job to the Sauce Labs platform instead.

Sauce Labs review by saran p.
saran p.

"Awesome with automation : Sauce labs"

What do you like best?

Valuable Features The ability to show end-to-end tractability between requirements, tests, defects, and also reporting. • Improvements in my automation and manual testing quality

What do you dislike?

little bit flaky at some points and connection lost is a issue

Recommendations to others considering the product

good tool to use and very much helpful in delivering quality product

quality of site and apps can deliver by sauce labs help in testing

Sauce Labs review by Cami B.
Cami B.

"Testing in one window with every browser and device."

What do you like best?

With every site there are bugs and failed upgrades. You try to get customer service to help you but usually they could careless since you already signed a contract or the fix isn't worth it. Sauce Labs started out this way, but began to turn into a company that listens to its customers. They even have a site where they ask their users to join and help them to learn to become better called Secret Sauce (i hope I am allowed to talk about that). I think Secret Sauce has turned my confidence complete around in their want to help customers who have issues and ask how they want the site to become better. I have had admins not just customer service reply back to me and that makes me feel heard even if they don't decide to use my idea. At least I know they gave it to the heads of their dept and did look at it.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don't like about Sauce Labs is I work with sites where you always have to enter passwords and usernames. I wish when adding a link to test that there is an option that says does this site require username/pw? If so give them the info and they will get past the initial login screen. Currently I test 10 sites at a time and have to enter all the information in 10 times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sauce Labs is a smaller company that wants to help. Other products such as browserStack is large and you often aren't heard when having a problem. You can always get a phone number to call a human or email a human when you have a problem. Not a ticket number with a week before hearing anything.

I am now able to do all the testing myself as a testing manager and not have to rely on others clearing their work and helping me test because they are the only one in the group that has the browser or device. Often times we had to search for someone that still had the archaic IE9 or even IE8. Thankfully i just have to select that option now and I can test it.

Sauce Labs review by User in Computer Software

"A Quick Review of Sauce Labs"

What do you like best?

couple of Features I like about sauce labs is:

1. Very Easy to use

2. Configuration Based

3. Great Documentations

4. They have one of the finest customer support team, which is available to make the diffrence

5. Capturing Video is a great feature, which gives testing extra easiness.

What do you dislike?

1.The Browser support is not up to date.

2. For all the browsers console logs are not Available. Only Firefox

3. Windows Platform support needs to be looked at

4. Often have some selenium issues, throwing the socket hang up issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am not aware with the price and negotiations but overall they seem to be one of the good solution providers.

We are currently testing all our browsers and Mobile device testing in sauce labs.

Sauce Labs review by Matt F.
Matt F.

"Mobile and Web Testing Under One Umbrella"

What do you like best?

The pricing model is also nice. Paying for an always available VM is more cost efficient than paying per device hour, especially when you have your end-to-end tests running in a continuous integration environment.

What do you dislike?

My biggest complaint is about how slow the reporting portal is to load. SauceLabs is consistently improving their product and I've seen changes to the dashboard within the last month, but it is slow when trying to load videos and large lists of test runs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have web and mobile clients that you need to test, SauceLabs is a no-brainer. It's fast, easy to set up, scalable, and uses Appium which is stable because of the Selenium project.

If you are manually triggering test runs, only have mobile clients, need a wide array of devices, or are attached to a different test framework, there are other solutions that may work better for your situation.

We are leveraging end-to-end testing for our iOS, Android, Mobile Web, and Desktop web site. SauceLabs is the only test cloud company that handles every client in the book. Integrating with third-party-services is always difficult, and it was added peace of mind to know they could handle all of our needs without having to get in contact with several different providers.

Since we use these tests in our continuous integration pipeline, high availability and scalability were important features that we were looking for to make sure our testing solution would grow with us as we scale to more apps, more tests, and more teams. Scaling is as simple as purchasing extra VMs and doesn't require any configuration changes, resulting in more efficient work. QA Engineers should be focusing on testing products, not configuring test infrastructure.

Sauce Labs review by Randall K.
Randall K.

"Great experience with automation and their support is top notch!"

What do you like best?

There are a number of things I really like about Sauce, but my top is the ability to be able to create a clean vm for every test. Taking the maintenance of vm's out of my daily work load is great. Another top reason I like Sauce so much is because I can create many different OS/Browser combinations that would be very difficult to do manually. I like having only one browser on an OS instead of installing several different one's on each test agent. This creates a much cleaner test environment. I love having my test results along with videos and screenshots available easily all in one place. And....their support team is great! They have helped me considerably with some difficult issues.

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can look at other cloud options like BrowserStack, but they don't give you the same ease of use and support for the price. You can create test agents in your own network, but they you have to constantly maintain each vm or system and that eats up valuable time. It's much easier and price effective to go with Sauce plus you get great support with them when you run into issues.

Business problem solved....just having a quick ability to create test environments. That's a big one and Sauce solves that. A realized benefit is having the ability to have videos and screenshots saved of tests.

Sauce Labs review by Andrei K.
Andrei K.

"Powerful service with poor documentation and support"

What do you like best?

With SauceLabs we were able to scale our automated tests for web application UI to multiple browsers.

I can't say that was easy (we were forced to implement browser-specific forks in our code), but it was much more easy to achieve that with SauceLabs unified API rather than setting up a bunch of environments on our testing servers.

We were also able to capture traffic that our app produces on Sauce Cloud machines for testing using nice Sauce Connect feature.

What do you dislike?

Saucelabs site has pretty big documentation, though, when you are going to start something from the very beginning you may get stack looking for a bare working example. We were unable to start our mobile app at SauceLabs as they spread their example for mobile tests across different pages in their documentation. Many parameters of Sauce Connect, Rest API are very poor documented so we lost a bunch of time figuring out working code with valid values.

Communicating with SauceLabs support is like playing ping-pong. Sometimes I have a feeling that they post standard responses or questions coming from poor understanding of the issue just to postpone reply, they often don't read support requests attentively. Sometimes they reask what app version I use or suggest to skip essential part that we need for testing. So it sometimes takes a few weeks and often ends in reply like "your question was passed to our Engineering team" without any estimate when the actual problem will be resolved.

Other disadvantage is they often modify default in order to make them more testable. Sometimes, it brings unexpected behavior to test. For example, SauceLabs use Safari with allowed 3rd party cookies (and there's no way to change this), while actual feature of Safari is to disable 3rd party cookies. BrowserStack (SauceLabs competitor) has correct Safari setup, but don't support testing on Linux.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before purchasing some plan on SauceLabs, please compare pricing for your testing needs with other competitors.

Please, also perform a quick (at least manual) check that Sauce browser you are going to use for testing behaves the same as local browser. Please, also ensure SauceLabs works fast enough in manual session for you (it was sloe for European region in the past)

We run integration and UI tests for our application.

We check that UI is not broken and app produces valid date being run on different platforms.

"Awesomeness"

What do you like best?

The startup culture in the organization and the products they have on table... And the commitment from the sauce labs team towards the customer satisfaction. We are using sauce labs cloud and we are totally benefited with them.

What do you dislike?

Problem with their infrastructure and regular updates and they won't mention that anywhere in blog so people will get confused.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best in the market, secure and quick win for any company.

I am basically from airline and oil and cruise industry and I am more into services side so I will be working on test automation and the infrastructure costs to setup mobile cloud is huge so we used sauce labs for the same.

Sauce Labs review by asd r.
asd r.

"worth purchasing and using sauce lab "

What do you like best?

i like parallel execution of test case with cross browsers

What do you dislike?

some limitations i don' t like , for example : unable to play video

Recommendations to others considering the product

with purchasing and using , u will love it

now testing more easy and fast , automation is very easy to use because of sauce lab

Sauce Labs review by luis s.
luis s.

"try to test more "

What do you like best?

i like most is , i can run many test together with different types of browser

What do you dislike?

sometimes less speed, and connection lost

Recommendations to others considering the product

useful tool , use it and love it

can use in night run , so no need to wait for test result in morninh

Sauce Labs review by Ryan B.
Ryan B.

"Helpful for QA, but not dependable for CI"

What do you like best?

The ability to (eventually) run your test suite through all the browsers that you need to support.

What do you dislike?

We have found that tests will fail due to timeouts with the tunnel connection, or other internal saucelabs issues. Usually re-running the tests will work, but because of this, we can't use it to fail deployments in our CI pipeline.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It might be worth trying other services (like browserstack) to compare dependability and performance

Sauce Labs review by Binoy S.
Binoy S.

"A great tool to execute your automation tests"

What do you like best?

A collection of real devices, combination of different emulators, rich reporting mechanism

What do you dislike?

There is nothing which I dislike about sauce labs.. it's always about improving in what we have so far developed.

Automation execution. We are executing our automation test cases in parallel without worrying about platform availability and hardware issues.

Sauce Labs review by Manoj T.
Manoj T.

"Virtual machine"

What do you like best?

best thing is the compatibility with most of the automation test suite where we can run a test script on multiple virtual machines

What do you dislike?

sometimes very slow and takes time to complete execution

good

running a test scenario at a time on multiple browser was a huge challenge

Sauce Labs review by User in Computer Software

"Great tool for testing software on different devices/platforms/browsers"

What do you like best?

I like that I ca easily switch between technologies, as well as browsers and mobile devices.

Also the updates are great and all updates are in time.

Great customer support and very nice community with a lot of learning material.

What do you dislike?

The VM's are sometimes slow, and sometimes the App hangs.

We do testing for all browsers/mobile devices for 5 different Apps/Saas software

Sauce Labs review by Jinwoo S.
Jinwoo S.

"WebUI automation for browser compatibility"

What do you like best?

SauceLab provides a lot of good features for WebUI automation like multiple browsers/versions on multiple OS.

So, it makes me easy to run my automation script on them through Jenkins as well as through my local machine.

I definitely recommend using SauceLab for automation test in CI/CD

What do you dislike?

Speed...

it takes three times slower than running on my local machine. so, it caused many selenium script sync issues by slower responses.

if I setup Selenium Grid with VM, the total test time takes half of the time that reduces the unexpected selenium sync issue a lot.

So, the slow speed through SauceLab causes the unstable automation as well as resources to debugging the selenium scripts.

we implemented CI/CD system of WebUI applying selenium automation with SauceLab

and the automated browser compatibility test through SauceLab reduced the resource

Sauce Labs review by archana j.
archana j.

"sauce lab is useful "

What do you like best?

All things are good in sauce lab , easy to setup , easy to use

What do you dislike?

slow test running speed , taking too much time if more test running together

Recommendations to others considering the product

good , go ahead

running more test together

Sauce Labs review by User in Internet

"Great Tools for automation Testing "

What do you like best?

I have tried sauce lab along with Appium. I have used this to Test ios and android Application using automation Testing with different environment. Really happy continue testing with saucelab.

Pros: - Automated Cross-Browser Testing - Get results faster - Many platforms, OS, simulators options. - Good documentation and troubleshooting. - Supports mobile version of android and ios. - For mobile it save the budget to test around the different version of mobile OS.

What do you dislike?

add options for the free version

More Physical Devices

Ability to compare test runs

Ability to run my test in many browser OS combinations is my favorite reason for choosing Sauce Labs

Sauce Labs review by Lindsay L.
Lindsay L.

"Great for parallelization of iOS regression tests; can be flaky at times"

What do you like best?

The ease of parallelizing iOS testing. Normally this would require setting up many machines to run XCode in parallel, but Saucelabs does the heavy lifting for us.

What do you dislike?

Saucelabs can be flaky at times, sometimes timing out a test session for some undefined reason. Their flakiness has been improved somewhat, but we still get randomly crashing VMs sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of the biggest problems Saucelabs is solving for us is the time required to run our mobile regression suite. Because of the limitations of XCode, only one simulator can be run at a time, requiring tests to be run serially unless we have multiple OSX VMs to test on. Saucelabs provides the VMs required for us to run tests in a speedy fashion.

Sauce Labs review by Matt H.
Matt H.

"works for some people, but didn't for us"

What do you like best?

Their support was in-depth and quite knowledgeable. Hypothetically, they have great coverage of different browsers and operating systems ... if you can get your tests to run.

What do you dislike?

We were never able to get our parallel, multi-browser Selenium test suite to run and pass after weeks. I had been warned that Sauce Labs could be hit or miss by multiple people who had used it for a few years, and they were correct. In the end, our support contact concluded they had some additional work to do on their side to be able to accommodate us (even though we were using all off-the-shelf gems and frameworks).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sauce Labs is definitely worth a try -- it may just work with your existing Selenium suites. if you have a spare week to work with their support, they might get it to work consistently for you. Their support was great, despite their service's inability to run our suites consistently.

We wanted to run our tests on multiple browser versions, across multiple operating systems. We were using some advanced CSS, JavaScript, and polyfills, so getting continuous test coverage was critical for our small team. We never saw it work consistently in Sauce.

Sauce Labs review by Timothy W.
Timothy W.

"Great Value"

What do you like best?

They host all the devices, so I do not have to, which saves me time and money.

What do you dislike?

Devices in the cloud tend to be a bit slower than in person, buts thats the nature of VMs and the internet.

Quicker QA cycles with more coverage.

Sauce Labs review by User in Sports
User in Sports

"Great External Processing Tool"

What do you like best?

They maintain the VM's for you. VM's are consistently up and operational.

What do you dislike?

Adjusting to the new GUI, but I'll soon get used to it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Alleviate the hassle of managing your own VM's, by using Sauce Labs.

Having Sauce Labs allows us to not have to manage our own set of VM's, so that our test automation suites can run smoothly and seamlessly in an environment that is always up and running. I've managed my own VM's in the past, and it's a bit of a hassle and requires my own time as well as IT Ops time; Sauce Labs alleviates all those issues and simply allows me to do what I do best which is maintaining/advancing our test automation suites which run against Sauce Labs.

Sauce Labs review by Aviva K.
Aviva K.

"Great for integration tests, need more documentation for more advanced features"

What do you like best?

Sauce labs is great to use for continuously running automated tests. It has a great UI for seeing your tests run and seeing where they failed. I like that I'm able to watch back the test run to see what happened.

What do you dislike?

The documentation as to how to run across browsers/platforms or run parallel tests can be much better.

I needed a framework that would run my tests after every time some dev code was merged. Saucelabs is great for that and the benefits of it os the devs themselves can watch back the test runs to see the bugs that were caught.

Sauce Labs review by Anthony J. N.
Anthony J. N.

"the ability to test on multiple browsers from one source is invaluable "

What do you like best?

the ability to easily test multiple browsers and versions, as well as off loading our local environments using the SauceCloud.

What do you dislike?

Running test in the SauceCloud can take longer than running in a local environment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

its a great way to optimize and quickly expand your selenium testing stack.

Were able to utilize the local server space more efficiently not that we utilize the SauceCloud for regression runs, that have typically been resource intensive.

Sauce Labs review by Himanshu S.
Himanshu S.

"Awesome product for cross browser and mobile testing"

What do you like best?

I am using it for manual testing. It provides me great list of devices and browsers. I tried each combination which helps me catch many bugs.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike. It solves my purpose

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cross browser testing and different OS testing.

Regression testing

It helps me to catch bug in early stages of development

Sauce Labs review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Best tool to test your web application in different browser/OS/platforms combinations"

What do you like best?

This is a tool/service which will help you test your responsive web design in more than 500 combination of different browser/OS/platforms combinations. If you are targeting all kinds of users for your business you have to understand how your application is performing in all the possible scenarios. Usually it cost a high price to build a infrastructure for you to test your your application behaviors in different media. Sauce Labs made it very very easy for us. You can even test your internal application and most importantly they are fast, secure and reliable. It also has automation testing features included like you can create your own selenium scripts. You can record videos or take screenshots of your testing. There will no problem if you are behind corporate firewall also, their easy to setup guidelines and super fast service professionals will help you setup everything in no time. It is CI compatible and Jenkins integration is also a option in this. Most importantly the on boarding process is very easy. It use virtual environments to host your testings in your preferred setup and always you will get a whole new virtual machine for your testing.

What do you dislike?

Nothing as such but the price tag can be bit less than other competitions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Sauce Labs for multi browser support testing and also testing of responsive wev designs which are pretty common these days.

We had a website where UI is completely redesigned and we wanted to test the responsiveness in different combinations of browsers in different combinations of devices. Sauce Labs made our work very easy and time to market was reduced notably.

Sauce Labs review by Vishal P.
Vishal P.

"Sauce products have helped a new team easily automate testing"

What do you like best?

Ability to run on parallel browsers at the same time.

What do you dislike?

More user support/documentation. Tutorial videos would be helpful along with more info. on CI/CD integration.

Improving healthcare process, and software we create needs to be tested to ensure universal compatibility.

Sauce Labs review by User in Logistics and Supply Chain
User in Logistics and Supply Chain

"Great tool for automated cloud testing"

What do you like best?

The wide range of OS and Browser options including the inclusion of the IOS and Andriod mobile operating systems

What do you dislike?

The reporting is not as baked out as the rest of the rest of the tool. I would like to compare test runs side by side to see differences in runs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Automation of cross-browser and cross system web testing.

Sauce Labs review by Frank N.
Frank N.

"Saucelabs testing review"

What do you like best?

I like how easy saucelabs is integrable.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the learning curve for learn it

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take sometime to learn the software and understand how it can be used for business requirements. It is a useful enterprise tool.

We are using saucelabs to address bugs and defects within our application.

Sauce Labs review by User in Information Technology and Services

"iflix"

What do you like best?

Cloud testing. Performance testing and real device testing support

What do you dislike?

Sauce labs should support the farm testing where we can test all more than one device at a time.

We are using for the Video on demand service. Which is very helpful to release a bug free app to the customers.

Sauce Labs review by ArJuN A.
ArJuN A.

"Awesomeness of sauce"

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Goto product to purchase

Sauce Labs review by Michael W.
Michael W.

"Sauce Labs has Great Ease of Use"

What do you like best?

How easy SauceLabs is to integrate with our existing testing platfrom

What do you dislike?

The only issues I have faced are with setting up tunnels and getting them to appear where I need them without running into timeout issues but I have been able to work around it

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it

I am trying to make test automation as seamless and easy as possible and have realized that saucelabs is the easiest way to do so

Sauce Labs review by Venkata Ratnakar K.
Venkata Ratnakar K.

"Fast, scalable, flexible, platform support across multiple browsers/OS devices"

What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, VM gets slow which irritates you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best in the market, secure and quick win for any company.

Multiple browsers, devices, OS. Getting help on Mobile Automation

Sauce Labs review by Internal Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Internal Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Sauce Labs is the Saucesome"

What do you like best?

Sauce Labs has been very to our project. We have used Sauce Labs to run our CI builds for both mobile and desktop web applications, as well as for nightly regression builds. The only reason we have stopped using Sauce Labs is due to project budget and the removal of an automated QA Resource. Still, we have hooked up a pretty spiffy Jenkins, Sauce, and several 3rd party web-metric systems (such as YSlow or Pagespeed) to capture a nightly set of performance data.

As an advocate for unit and functional testing, I can safely say that Sauce Labs has been the reason we have been successful in catching several major and minor regression issues before they ever made their way into production.

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product

My advice to you if you're not using Sauce or you're not going to plan on paying for Sauce... don't let that stop you. Get involved now and utilize one of their free accounts so you don't get left behind when everyone starts using this service. It's going to be a smack out of the ballpark.

Sauce Labs review by Patrick K.
Patrick K.

"A great service that can still get better"

What do you like best?

SauceLabs has one of the best infrastructures available for browser automation, and it keeps getting better. You have a huge amount of open source, community provided resources that allow you to do almost anything you would want to do right out of the box.

What do you dislike?

Browser updates are slower than a few other providers. As a result, it can be difficult to test a library or site that is intended for cutting edge browsers

Recommendations to others considering the product

Update your bowsers more frequently.

Trying to ship software that works everywhere. Running our tests on Sauce has caught a number of problems and regressions that probably would have gone unnoticed for months after if we weren't using it.

Sauce Labs review by Oleksandr K.
Oleksandr K.

"Nice service for mobile emulation and real devices!"

What do you like best?

Possibility to easily run mobile tests on dozens of emulators. Really cool

What do you dislike?

To expensive. It could be much cheaper, since containers and dockers allow to run browsers so easy.

Test farm cluster - no need to build own cluster.

Sauce Labs review by User in Computer Software

"A solid option for Automated and Manual cross-browser testing."

What do you like best?

With 760 options for browsers/OSes and *good* customer service and okay documentation, SauceLabs has been a great place to get my teams testing resources. I wish this had been around 10-15 years ago.

What do you dislike?

The free trial gives you so many hours that you become a bit spendthrift with them. Once you have a fully automated test suite and want to run a smoke test with all available browsers, things become surprisingly expensive. It's still cheaper than outsourcing.

The ability to have a wide range of browsers and operating systems allows for a great breadth of end-to-end workflows for our web apps. The ability to use arcane browser OSes for reproducing defects means we can have fewer machines cluttering up our office for rare test use.

Sauce Labs review by Lee-Ann L.
Lee-Ann L.

"Great testing tool"

What do you like best?

Accessing multiple browsers using one tool.

What do you dislike?

Trying to log in and forgetting my log in information. The email to reset my password takes a long time to arrive in my corporate email box.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to manually test websites with SauceLabs.

Cross-browser testing of our public-facing website has been made easier by SauceLabs.

Sauce Labs review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Cross-platform/browser testing has never been easier"

What do you like best?

Saucelabs supports sub-accounts, allowing our team to have a master account for running regression suites, and sub-accounts for each individual to use as a personal "playground".

What do you dislike?

The UI has never been perfect, and has changed repeatedly over the past few years. Features I learn to use or appreciate can disappear without warning (though, thankfully, the UI can be reverted).

Saucelabs supports a wide variety of platforms and browsers, allowing us to run our tests in the same conditions that we see our users experiencing, without having to maintain various VMs with appropriate configurations.

Sauce Labs review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Biotechnology
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Biotechnology

"Sauce Labs"

What do you like best?

Automation across many devices and browsers

What do you dislike?

Latency for large test suites can lose a day or have to run overnight

UI acceptance checks and workflow navigation.

Sauce Labs review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"The easyest way to make cross-browser testing"

What do you like best?

Fast cloud, ability to test your web application in variety of OS, browsers, and devices. Selenium/WebDriver support.

What do you dislike?

sometimes debugging can be painful and sometimes it is hard to find root cause of your test fails

Recommendations to others considering the product

Automation of cross-browser and cross system web testing.

Sauce Labs review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Amazing testing tool for cross browser testing"

What do you dislike?

We have found multiple defects that are specific to browsers only regardless of the users OS.

Sauce Labs review by Naseem Q.
Naseem Q.

"Great tool for automated cloud testing"

What do you like best?

I like the parallel testing and having the ability to run test manually and automatically on various platforms and browsers

What do you dislike?

I would like have the ability to access old regression builds

- Fast automatic testing

- Parallel testing

- Ability to test on various platforms and browsers

- Cloud testing

Sauce Labs review by sam h.
sam h.

"sauce lab is very much useful"

What do you like best?

Many things in sauce lab , which i like and very much useful .

What do you dislike?

some things still need improvements , but no too bad

Recommendations to others considering the product

nothing

more testing at one time

Sauce Labs review by Prabin T.
Prabin T.

"Saucelabs Review"

What do you like best?

I like the Tunneling. Also, it is good for manual testing. .

What do you dislike?

Automated test fail randomly. Need scripts to rerun failed tests.

E2E testing for web applications.

Sauce Labs review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"It's very useful tool to work "

What do you like best?

Appium Integration, Selenium Integration and variety of browsers available

What do you dislike?

I didn't like the execution reports too much. As they are not much user friendly.

Automation testing

Sauce Labs review by Swaroop Kumar T.
Swaroop Kumar T.

"Used to run automation tests on various OS/Browser combinations"

What do you like best?

Able to run a lot of automated tests across different browsers. Tips that come from Dave on elemental selenium. Also documentation is good.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes connection is slow while using sauce connect. This causes difficulties in accessing vms for manual testing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking to run your automation tests on various platforms, sauce labs is the one you must try.

Trying to run automated tests in various browsers.

Sauce Labs review by Edin C.
Edin C.

"Sauce Labs is great!"

What do you like best?

The variety of platforms and devices to run your automated tests on.

What do you dislike?

Not so many real devices to test on. And the one that are there are pretty low.

We solve the need of a Selenium GRID environment so we can test on different platforms and devices.

Sauce Labs review by Joe S.
Joe S.

"Parallel Test Runs for Big Success"

What do you like best?

The parallel test runs are huge. They allow us to forgo the usual speed/coverage tradeoff and focus on writing tests that cover the app completely.

What do you dislike?

I would love to see some analytics around pass and failure rates for specific features.

We needed to run our tests fast enough that developers could get feedback on every code commit. This has allowed us to do that.

Sauce Labs review by Administrator in Airlines/Aviation
Administrator in Airlines/Aviation

"GREAT AUTOMATION TOOL"

What do you like best?

I am able to test manual and automated work with saucelabs.

And the nest thing of all is that you don't need different devices. The saucelab UI has those device emulator already installed.

What do you dislike?

so far I did not have any bad experience with this tool, Works perfectly for my small team. Support form Saucelabs is exceptional. Great for any business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great Product

Before we used to buy different devices to run manual tests but know we use Saucelabs Emulator to run test cases with having the need to buy new peoducts with turrn to be very expennsive

Sauce Labs review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Sauce Labs Review"

What do you like best?

It's very expensive to do cross browser testing and this provided a good alternative.

What do you dislike?

Tests look extremely long to run at times and support wasn't great at the time i used it.

Cross browser testing of saas products

Sauce Labs review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"sauce lab is excellent "

What do you like best?

all features are excellent, easy to use , fast test execution , can run on simulators , numbers of simulator available to run test

What do you dislike?

little bit slow, taking time to load and some time need to upload apk or ipa file manually

Recommendations to others considering the product

great to use

test execution

Sauce Labs review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Testing was very thorough and insightful"

What do you like best?

The testing was very much automated and the user intervention was minimum

What do you dislike?

Some more documentation should be provided for the features

Recommendations to others considering the product

USE IT!

Automating testing for mobile applications and

Learn more about Sauce Labs

Sauce Labs Videos

Learning about Sauce Labs?

* We monitor all Sauce Labs reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.