Sauce Labs

Sauce's test automation cloud enables QA/QE and developers to easilybperform functional, Javascript unit, and manual tests with Selenium and Appium on web and mobile apps, in 500+ browser/OS combinations. Get videos and screenshots for easy debugging. Secure and CI-ready

Work for Sauce Labs?

Learning about Sauce Labs?

Sauce Labs Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 62 Sauce Labs reviews
Sauce Labs review by <span>Brook B.</span>
Brook B.

A necessity for left-shifted, continuous testing

What do you like best?

Of all services explored, Sauce Labs offers the single best solution for integrating deep automated browser testing in a CI/CD pipeline, and integrates best with Jenkins. The Jenkins UI plugin offers a way to easily configure browser settings for tests being executed continuously. The Sauce Connect Proxy is a necessary technology for companies who have firewalled testing environments, as well as localhost testing. Test reports (that also integrate seamlessly with Jenkins jobs) are also detailed and incredibly useful. Browser support is quick to be updated as new versions of browsers are released. The custom capabilities that can be provided to Sauce Labs VMs during automated testing sessions are a valuable option for experimental or niche testing.

What do you dislike?

The Jenkins Sauce OnDemand plugin could have more options available to tap into more of the custom capabilities Sauce Labs actually supports. Current, in order to tap into these capabilities, a programatic solution is required from test code, rather than being able to configure them via the Jenkins plugin UI. For example, things like desktop resolution, browser automation binary versions, remote Selenium version, and browser console logs. These are all things it would be nice to be able to customize straight from the Jenkins plugin UI. In our experience, we've also had some issues with the Sauce Connect Proxy on our Jenkins servers failing to start, which makes the optimal CI/CD pipeline come to a halt. User account management needs an overhauls, allowing for user groups, rather than just a hierarchy structure. Test job queuing is first-come-first-serve, meaning there is no in-built way to queue batches of jobs from, say, different Jenkins servers/accounts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your need is architecting a CI/CD pipeline with left-shifted continuous real browser testing, then there is simply no better service available than Sauce Labs to integrate with this desired model. They are a smaller company than their leading competitor, but they are rapidly innovating in the right direction, and lead the charge in continuous automated testing.

Continuous, deep, left-shifted testing executed in a CI/CD pipeline as a quality gate for build promotion into higher environments. Access to browsers, platforms, and devices for manual or automated testing we do not have access to physically. A platform for executing real browser tests that we cannot implement or maintain internally in a cost-effective manner.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Sauce Labs
Sauce Labs review by <span>Greg M.</span>
Greg M.

Great company for accomplishing both Mobile and Desktop testing

What do you like best?

Great selection of both Live and Emulator devices (One of the few that actually provide emulators which greatly reduces costs to companies), Can do Android/iOS/Desktop with hundreds of permutations.

What do you dislike?

No easy way to debug or get locators for Live devices, but that is coming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to do serious mobile or Desktop testing with access to every mobile device type, every emulator, every mobile browser, every desktop browser, then SauceLabs is the vendor for you. It is the only vendor that has the complete package and the only vendor that wants YOU to succeed as a company. They have teams that provide support to make your company a success and they do this as an included service, not something you have to pay extra for. Their philosophy is "if you suceed, they succeed!".

We are currently in the process of moving all of our Mobile automation from a different Vendor to SauceLabs.

What Test Automation solution do you use?

Sauce Labs review by <span>seema s.</span>
seema s.

Sauce lab is best

What do you like best?

i like the many things in sauce lab , cross browser testing , cloud testing, testing with simulators and emulators , so can save the cost if real device purchase and many more . one thing i like most is it supports iOS , Android native apps and web too

What do you dislike?

sometime tunneling is so slow and taking much time to start automation test . And it should support real devices as well , if pricing is less , then sauce lab will be the best tool to use

Recommendations to others considering the product

try it , use it , Sauce lab is Awesome , it will help you to test many things simultaneously on cloud . with different simulators and EMULATORS

with sauce lab , i can run multiple test with multiple browser with different set of simulators and emulators , one good things it is helpful to test iOS, Android and Web too

Sauce Labs review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

SauceLabs is a nice friend for a SDET

What do you like best?

I like Sauce because it let me forget about all the maintenance of platforms, browsers and utilities versions, its updates/upgrades and all the point of failures of manage a selenium grid locally.

Also Sauce has a nice UI to manage my account and see all the reports and stats of our automated tests running on Sauce.

It's a nice tool if you've a CI-CD environment pipeline because let you to make a nice cross browsing testing in parallel.

What do you dislike?

I don't like very much that in Latin America the speed of SauceLabs live sessions and SauceConnect performance is not very fast. I think this could be a nice topic to improve the sauce adoption all around the world.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I really recommend Sauce if you have a CI/CD pipeline or if you need to give more tools (live sessions) to your customer experience team. It's very useful to reproduce users bugs to understand whether it's a real bug or it's a user mistake.

We solved the following problems:

* Reproduce users bugs or problems in certain platform, OS version, Browser and version.

* Cross browsing tests.

* Run in a remote browser our e2e tests, in an isolated context not our CI contect.

Sauce helps us to improve our CI build duration and let us forget about selenium grid maintenance.

Sauce Labs review by <span>Jayson S.</span>
Jayson S.
Invitation from a vendor or affiliate

Sauce is the Boss

What do you like best?

That they're nimble and allow me to tackle the testing challenges I face. There are a number of real device testing platforms out there including Sauce- I've tried many, many of them. I ended up settling on Sauce due to a number of factors from mindset on device availability, ease of use, communication with my account team, technology, and pricing.

While their device list may not be as big as some other vendors I never have to wait for any devices and I'm able to run on all of their devices, whenever I want. On top of that I don't have to pay separately for BOTH access to a device AND concurrency. The (both) type of billing model really doesn't sit well with me nor does having to schedule a device, sit in a queue for one, or flat out not have your test run. In an environment where development teams practice CI, having to wait in line or even worse: schedule doesn't match up.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes my tests don't complete which makes stability tough, but these things are improving! Sometimes troubleshooting why my tests failed is difficult.

Real Device pool is limited. While they are continuing to add devices and it's still somewhat early days, it's still something I'd love to see expanded.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give them a shot!

My company works with video across the internet and I'm using Sauce to make sure that we're able to continue playing video back across the real devices that Sauce has.

Sauce Labs review by <span>Alexander C.</span>
Alexander C.
Invitation from a vendor or affiliate

Great product

What do you like best?

It's ability to test on multiple browser and OS combinations is invaluable, and it's CI integration with Jenkins has made it an important part of our ATDD. Without the CI integration, we wouldn't have been able to include this is our development process, so I would argue that is one of the most important inclusions they have added.

What do you dislike?

On rare occasions tests can sometimes fail for no reason, and then work after running again. This isn't a huge problem but can be somewhat annoying. Also, inevitably it takes longer to spin up a vm and run a test on that instead of just testing locally, but this is the tradeoff necessary in order to get the benefits sauce labs has to offer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a try.

This has helped greatly as our company switches from a waterfall method to an agile method of software development. This is the biggest benefit it has for my organization as this transition has been wrought with problems, but every piece of good software such as Saucelabs that we find to smooth the process of has been a great asset.

Learning about Sauce Labs?

* We monitor all Sauce Labs reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.