Schoology

Schoology has redefined the LMS to make online education a collective effort and to increase the overall impact of everyone involved in a student's education.

Work for Schoology?

Showing 32 Schoology reviews
Schoology review by <span>Amanda L.</span>
Amanda L.

Schoology: An sophisticated LMS

What do you like best?

As an avid user of Schoology, I thoroughly enjoy the functionality of the assessment feature. Schoology's app is also extremely attractive compared to other LMS programs.

What do you dislike?

I have reached out to Schoology several times about allowing teachers to pay individually for Schoology.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Schoology is a reliable LMS. However, the app occasionally experiences some issues. I found the website Schoology.com extremely efficient. There have been instances when the website has gone down, but overall, Schoology provides frequent input about when the site will be updated. I have also participated in several Schoology surveys, which clearly demonstrates that they care about the user feedback. The Schoology groups are also incredibly helpful. Anyone new to using Schoology should join the community of users on the Schoology Educators group. The group includes a diverse array of Schoology users (both Enterprise and Basic) that help troubleshoot and share instructional materials. It is a wonderful resource.

As an avid user of Schoology, I thoroughly enjoy the functionality of the assessment feature. Having explored many other online quiz and assessment websites, I strongly recommend this platform due to its various features that simply not offered on other tools without having to pay for them. Schoology connects to other instructional apps like Back Channel, Khan Academy, and Youtube. Overall, Schoology is reliable and includes many features that Google Suite does not offer.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Schoology
Schoology review by <span>Birte W.</span>
Birte W.

Handy tool to track grades and assignments

What do you like best?

I like the ease of connecting assignments and grades into the Gradebook.

I also like that parents can access their kid's grades at any time even though not all parents have signed up.

What do you dislike?

Once you have a lot of data (grades) it takes a while to load the most recent entry columns.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a very user friendly platform and has a lot of potential once you have mastered the basics. It requires some training but it can make assessing across multiple groups and planning for a team very easy.

I am looking forward to exploring the tools more and creating more assessments with rubrics that can save paper and make grading and marking easier for years to come.

We are tracking students' progress through a standards based grading system. This program enables us to track their progress while sharing it with their parents in real-time.

What Learning Management System (LMS) solution do you use?

Schoology review by <span>Laura J.</span>
Laura J.

Schoology as a Learning Management Platform

What do you like best?

I appreciate that Schoology can be the "one stop shop" for my students throughout their entire school day. Assignments, quizzes, discussion forums, media albums, portfolios, links, videos, and files can all be listed and accessed through Schoology and several sites (such as Padlet and YouTube) embed their content right into the page.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that currently, in the iPad version, there isn't a way for students to see a list of their missing assignments. It would be extremely beneficial to add this. Also parents seem to have a difficult time navigating Schoology and finding the information they need-- we hear many parent complaints but it could just be because we have only been using the program for going on 4 years now. Additionally I have found that the app, especially on mobile devices, could be more user-friendly and aesthetically pleasing. On some pages, a desktop view is the only option, with tiny print and buttons. It should be upgraded to have maximum functionality as an app, especially because this is the way that the majority of the users in our district use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Schoology has all the functionality of Google classroom with more features. This teacher definitely recommends it!

It is easy to collaborate as a grade level team and share resources through Schoology. I am also able to communicate with parents and students, upload content, grade student submissions and create personalized learning experiences for my students through the platform of Schoology.

Schoology review by <span>Chang B.</span>
Chang B.

The best learning system

What do you like best?

Most what I like that a great way of the education session. Gives me a chance to make my teaching and the pupils learning stronger. Easy to use. Making a cooperative way of learning.

What do you dislike?

I like that software. I have nothing bad to say about the platform. We are working on that solution and it's quite nice. Yes, sometimes I have confused about how to find some page which I need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for students and gives perfect way to check their progress, will be easy to see what will come next. Everything what you will need for teaching. I recommend it.

We trust that platform because of its preventative design. Gives the ability to support our methods and new teaching, and its powerful integration.We like it.

Schoology review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

I Love Schoology

What do you like best?

As an Educator, there are so many benefits of using Schoology. I personally believe that Schoology appeals to our new generation of students because it resembles social media outlets that they are familiar with. I love the fact that you can personalize courses and groups to meet your needs.You can download apps to add to your course that make your class more personal. I downloaded a backchannel chat app to my courses which allows me to have a discussion with my students in the form of an instant messenger. This really appeals to students and they look forward to working on it every day.

What do you dislike?

I do believe that there are several things that the platform can improve on. A lot of schools are still using Chromebooks and Google and I do not believe that Schoology and Google are 100% compatible. A student has to download items as alternate files before they can upload them to assignments on Schoology. I also wish that the format was a little softer. It resembles Facebook back in 2009 and I think it should have a makeover to meet the minimalist needs of the up and coming generation.

The great part about Schoology is that the entire institution can use it as a learning platform as it meets the needs of all teachers across departments.

Schoology review by <span>Annemarie R.</span>
Annemarie R.

Useful tool for educators

What do you like best?

This is a useful tool for educators. I am able to integrate quizzes and the grade book. Students can store their resources for research projects and I can share links with them that they can access at home. After reading an article, students can answer questions on a discussion board. The students state, it feels like Facebook. The discussion boards are great for sharing ideas throughout the district. Presenters can follow-up with attendees of workshops as well. Additionally, my colleagues and I are able to share lesson plans and other resources. This can easily help an office transition to a paperless system. In fact, we no longer print out multiple copies of plans to share with supervisors. Each grade level has a folder in which to drop plans so they can be reviewed.

What do you dislike?

There is a learning curve that some staff members are not willing to overcome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you utilize Schoology, make sure staff is given plenty of professional development not only in the logging in and setting up but also in the optimization of use even with elementary students. Too often staff is handed a new tool and expected to use it but not given hands on training in a timely manner.

This has been helpful in reducing the amount of paper we need. Collaboration can occur across the district. it minimizes the number of meetings the staff needs to have.

Learning about Schoology?

* We monitor all Schoology reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.