Scoop.it

4.7

Scoop.it is the global leader of content curation. It enables individuals and professionals to share important ideas with the right audiences giving them an opportunity to create and maintain a meaningful web and social presence, or share knowledge with their key audience.

Work for Scoop.it?

Learning about Scoop.it?

Scoop.it Reviews

Showing 22 Scoop.it reviews
Scoop.it review by Murry S.
Murry S.

"Add energy and interest to any website with click-driver Scoop.it"

What do you like best?

Curation enables quick, interesting content presentation that attracts serious professionals. Quality curation is magnetic: once discovered, surfers sign up for steady access to the efficiency-boosting content. Scoop.it makes it easy, integrates with WordPress and other CMS's, and offers levels of support that fit any business.

What do you dislike?

Not much. Scoop.it is well developed. It does have some quirks but the staff is always ready to help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't go it alone unless you have substantial time available. Find an experienced curator with scoop.it creds. You can ask the sales staff at scoop.it to provide recommendations. You can use services like UpWork and Indeed, even Craigslist to search for curators with scoop.it on their resume.

- Can't afford blogging due to the time needed or the cost of a ghost writer? Curation is the answer, and no one does it better than Scoop.it.

- Need to add dynamic content to your website in an effort to increase subscribers via interesting daily content? Scoop.it content in the hands of a skilled curator is magnetic. It'll help "find and convert" surfers to customers.

- Want to share your expertise with a growing audience? Scoop.it enables mixing your insight with hard news and important articles. And, you can actually advertise in the curation stream at zero added cost.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Scoop.it
Scoop.it review by Roxana M.
Roxana M.

"Excellent - Highly Recommend"

What do you like best?

ScoopIt is a content curation site that allows you to share and organize content on various topics. I learned about it quite by accident ~ 5 years ago and am still an avid user on a daily basis. There is a search feature (funnel shaped icon) at the top right of each collection that allows for keyword related searches through any collection. The collections I've created have been extremely useful for my research and more importantly for easily sharing multiple articles in one link either in my classes for my students or on social media for other educators/networks. The first curation I started was back when it was in beta form on Educational Psychology & Technology and is at http://bit.ly/edpsychtech.

What do you dislike?

The only feature I wish could be fixed would be to be able to search for a post (via the keyword search process) and then to be able to immediately move it to the main page. Currently there is no feature to move the found post (unless you are on the page where it is housed). It's a minor annoyance and if fixed would greatly improve the usability of the site for regular users. The pop up windows and menus on the right part of the screen get to be a bit much too, but overall these are really minor drawbacks and I would still give the tool a 10/10.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I had the free version for the first several years but over time realized that I really wanted to use the features that were only provided through the business plan. You can still use in full with several pages and high level features using a very reasonably priced plan. I'd only recommend the full boar mega plan if you need it (and have the funds). It's been a financial stretch for me but worth it to have the extra features and flexibility.

I'm an educator and researcher so am not really solving "business" problems, rather tackling systemic/structural barriers and social injustices. The benefits I've realized from using the site are that I can share a host of related articles with one link and that the format is useful for easy sharing of large amounts of information. I presented at the 2015 World Congress on School Violence Prevention and Public Policy on the need for greater bridging of research to practice and provided several of the scoop it collections on safe schools research as examples of tools that could be used to leverage social media in ways that would get more research into the public communication sphere. I've done several presentations for colleagues and know of at least 10 other students and colleagues who have also signed on and started to use the site.

What Content Creation solution do you use?

Scoop.it review by Francois G.
Francois G.

"Very good product for your content marketing needs!"

What do you like best?

Automatic scheduling of social media messages

View of all my content and goals in one calendar

Analytics to know how each blog post performed

source the best content to curate for my blog

Create newsletters in seconds

What do you dislike?

No drag and drop

I can't create a social media message if I don't have a link to a content in it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely take this tool if you want to handle the full content marketing lifecycle. If you are looking for just social media management, you can find specific tools for that.

I had several different tools to do separate things and was spending a lot of time in each of them, and not enough content to publish on my blog.

I have increased my content production by 100% using content curation and have increases traffic by 200% and leads by over 1,000%!

Scoop.it review by Internal Consultant in Banking
Internal Consultant in Banking

"Adequate Content Curation, though Suggestions could be Better"

What do you like best?

The suggestion feature helps generate initial content ideas for our programs while showing what is currently trending on each major social network. Analytics are relatively robust for a curation service. We did like that you can segment searches by content type (article, infographics, videos, etc.)

What do you dislike?

When compared to other curation services that we've tested (Buzzsumo, Epicbeat, Feedly), Scoop.it was more difficult to manage, and the suggestions overall included less reputable sources. We were seeking a service that provided content suggestions for a social selling program, and we found better options from topic/keyword searches elsewhere.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would seek it if you're building a small team of SMEs who can use it for direct posting to accounts. As we are a regulated organization that requires compliance at all stages, it is nearly impossible to link company accounts with a non-approved curation service.

We are looking at curation services to help build thought leadership for a social selling program. We've already seen increased visibility for our internal thought leaders through consistent content sharing.

Scoop.it review by Mark A.
Mark A.

"A good way to manage posts to multiple sites"

What do you like best?

I can publish a page from my blog to ScoopIt, and then share it to other social media platforms very quickly and easily.

What do you dislike?

The pricing structure is not as clear or as transparent as it could be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at the variety of pricing packages they offer, to ensure that you get the right one to meet your needs.

I am able to segment the curation of my blog posts according to topic.

Scoop.it review by Erin F.
Erin F.

"Scoopit has been a great tool to curate all the news FIT generates "

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to curate an article. I like that you can upload your own picture and include a description that tells our audience how the article is relevant to us.

What do you dislike?

Just that the option to remove Scoopit branding is so expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

customize your scoops as much as possible so it's very focused on your organization.

Curating third party news

Scoop.it review by sunita v.
sunita v.

"Scoop. it helped Femelife Fertility"

What do you like best?

Content creation is easy and looks glamorous with scoop.it, they suggest relevant fields so that time is saved to a greater extent.

What do you dislike?

Well it should be a free platform so more people can take the benefit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

very good ,should try.

Femelife Fertility deals . with infertility issues and treatment .We get lot of updates and news in scoop.it.

Scoop.it review by Josepf H.
Josepf H.

"Must Have Content Creation Utility!"

What do you like best?

New Templates and Wordpress Integration options make Scoop.it a 10! Super easy to set-up now. Great content curation and the social integration, especially with bufferapp is superb. Love the ability to directly edit the HTML of the templates to customize them to match my particular style and taste. The community is excellent and the ability to follow boards and be followed is a major plus.

What do you dislike?

They need NEGATIVE Keywords! My number one pet peeve is lack of negative keywords for search. The answer is to write very long-tail search strings, but, even these do not always do the job.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Scoop.it has excellent support, just Tweet them! However, I suggest you get involved. Join the user groups on either GooglePlus or Facebook. Follow people on Scoop.it and do not be afraid to ask questions on Twitter. I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have about my experiences at @Josepf on Twitter!

Content Curation and the ability to use OPC (other people's content) effectively. I have always been a content curator and have used many different tools to save and bookmark links such as bit.ly, trunk.ly, pearltrees, and stumbleupon among others. Now? My Scoop.it boards are THE place I save important articles and I get the side benefit of socially sharing them!

Scoop.it review by Bret B.
Bret B.

"smart and easy content curation"

What do you like best?

Scoopit not only is making it extremely easy to find top quality content to curate with effective search and filter settings, but the distribution is offering tons of possibilities from newsletters to wordpress blog posts and social updates. They are very smart enabling you to add your own twist to the piece of content ensuring curation ROI.

What do you dislike?

that I don't take enough time to use it more!

Recommendations to others considering the product

try it, you will never look for anything else

Content creation takes time and effort but with Scoopit I can manage my marketing efforts more effectively and ensure my business success.

Scoop.it review by Philippe L.
Philippe L.

"Perfect for your content marketing process"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, great support. We especially love the Smart Content Calendar, the Wordpress integration and the Mailchimp Plugi

What do you dislike?

A Segment.Io integration would be awesome.

Perfect for your content marketing process

We've been using Scoop.it Content Director for the past year and this absolutely perfect for our content marketing process. We use it for our blog and Newsletters and also to automate social marketing.

Scoop.it review by User in Publishing
User in Publishing

"Excellent!"

What do you like best?

Availability to look a feed of news and choose what's most relevant and to save it.

The basic account is free!

What do you dislike?

Pricing to expensive with the feature of posting on wordpress.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great content curation tool

Have a continuous streaming of news for 5 channels i opened in different topic

Scoop.it review by Freddy M.
Freddy M.

"Must have!"

What do you like best?

Very easy and super efficient. Love the support and their CEO

What do you dislike?

Nothing major. I'm sure every feedback we shared will taken care of

Traffic and lead generation. better exposition.

Scoop.it review by Consultant

"Great way to find content for blog"

What do you like best?

I like that it is able to assist finding articles that I can post to blogs. in turn saving allot of time.

What do you dislike?

There wasn't anything that I disliked.

The main thing that scoop.it solves is finding content and allowing to manage the posting of that content to my blog followers

Scoop.it review by Alan C.
Alan C.

"Content Curation's Powerful Partner just turned TWO YEARS OLD & 100M Visitors can't be wrong!"

What do you like best?

SCOOP.IT is without a doubt the most-powerful and easily accessible content curation platform available. It works for businesses, institutions or individual users to help them find, curate, add value and uplift meaningful content from the "noise" on the web, and at the same time distribute across social channels seamlessly.

What do you dislike?

The positives outweigh most negatives. There is a slight learning curve to getting the most out of its search-and-curate 'backend' to deliver meaningful results, and there seems to be room for improvement for implementation of customer suggestions that would benefit both users and SCOOP.IT. I do not currently used a paid version of SCOOP.IT, as features and functionality versus my current usage don't make it a viable investment...I wish they would re-think their pricing structure to make SCOOP.IT more accessible to smaller entrepreneurs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Reach out to the growing community of SCOOP.IT Users....often called "Scoopiteers;" If you search those phrases online you can find easy-access to much of the hard-learned and readily shared lessons from this devoted and friendly community of curation pros!

I've singlehandedly built a niche curation "news" and marketing platform around just two SCOOP.IT topics and the out-feeds to Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr, with the options to add more social channels as SCOOP.IT developers continue to expand them. More than 350-thousand views on SCOOP.IT alone, multiplied by the "Likes and Shares" in social channels in just over 22 months shows that it can work wonders for anyone's reputation-building, and elevate your authority-in-brand/niche. You get out what you put in; something you can not say about many other marketing or curations platforms.

Scoop.it review by Jim L.
Jim L.

"Scoop.it serves as the center of my social media universe"

What do you like best?

The brilliance and comprehensiveness of the overall organization of Scoop.it impresses me greatly. Users can use the service for a very limited specific purpose (e.g.as a content feed on a single topic) or as a sophisticated marketing tool (e.g. using the analytics to differentiate popular from little read content). Scoop.it publishers can also use the service very much like a blog by commenting as briefly or at length as they wish.

Scoop.it's wide range of functionality therefore offers users great customization in terms of layout and utility as well as appearance (e.g. users have free reign to include any single image they wish). The search functions in Scoop.it help to make it a source of further information for publishers and readers alike. As Scoop.it matures in coming years, this capability to serve as a repository of curated articles on a huge variety of topics will add considerably to its value.

I link my Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Linked In accounts to Scoop.it so that everything I publish on it also is published on the other linked services. This enables the number of my followers to grow not only on Scoop.it, but also on the additional services a well. Finally, Scoop.it offers a number of ways to have content be pushed to you, the publisher, saving considerable time and effort in finding good material to scoop onto your topic page.

I find Scoop.it to be the best platform for the distribution of curated information as well as a terrific way to set up personalized information scans and have them fed to you. It is relatively easy to learn and quite efficient to use.

What do you dislike?

While Scoop.it possesses a tremendous variety of excellent capabilities, it does take some time to learn how to use them and determine how they can best serve the purposes of one's organization. Improved tutorials for new users and better tips for more advanced users would be quite helpful

Scoop.it has very recently refreshed its user interface, making the service much more attractive visually and streamlined operationally. Additional significant improvements are rumored to be forthcoming very soon.

My one wish is that hotlinks contained in scooped material would remain live when published in individual scoops.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No search for a curation platform can be considered complete without a thorough investigation of Scoop.it. It is the standard against all others should be measured.

I would suggest that beginners start with the free version of Scoop.it before moving up to Pro or Business. Starting in this way enables a step-by-step growth in understanding Scoop.it's many capabilities.

Scoop.it review by Gilbert F.
Gilbert F.

"Scoop.it Education: for students, teachers and researchers in medical field"

What do you like best?

Suggestions everyday allows to mine information appearing and available from tne internet, artciles in published specialty journals, or open access, on PubMed, patents, press relases from universities or drug companies advertising newly published documents.

Comments can be added by curators and readers can comment, react and further disseminate.

You can also publish your own scoops and scoop Slideshare PPTs.

It is not another social networking.

Scoop.it education allows to create a network of specialists curating together

It should help creating large communities of interest.

A large variety of topics can be opened.

It allows to create specific databases which can be helpful for individual researchers, for instance PhD students, and obviously teachers and students?

What do you dislike?

The search engine could be improved to focus the research to a few topics or subtopics, classify the results according to dates, and eliminate doublets.

Tagging posts is an option, but obviously time consuming.

Too many people opened topics but are not regularly active, decreasing the validity of the information curated.

Scoop.it is not yet enough recognized as a very smart tool of content curation in the scientific community! Followers of topics should be more numerous

Recommendations to others considering the product

Become a follower and information will comme to you!

If you want to be an actor, curate every day! Information never sleeps in Science.

Scoop.it review by Martin (Marty) S.
Martin (Marty) S.

"Scoopit Rocks"

What do you like best?

Scoop.it has the fastest social feedback loops in the west. Testing content is one of the reasons I use Scoop.it. Learning from the amazing curators in Scoop.it's community is another 10 for this low investment, high return tool. Every aspect of our content marketing depends on Scoop.it. We test things that may or may not make it to our blogs. We expand the winners and leave the losers (lol). The immediacy of the feedback makes Scoop.it invaluable for content marketers.

What do you dislike?

Wish I had more control over what was displayed on my "master blaster" page. The "Master Blaster" page is the "cover" of my 15 Scoop.it feeds. I've tried to theme the "magazine" and find it difficult because I don't set the sort order. Also, wish fans could join all 15 feeds with a single button (right now they must follow each individually).

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of the things I love about Scoop.it is it closes out a day at midnight. At midnight all counts return to zero and a new day begins. This "return to zero" is a great lesson, but Scoop.it also has solid analytics that help any content marketer learn what is "viral" content and what isn't (what is that worth?). Several recent surveys from the Content Marketing Institute show most businesses increasing their content development spend. Those same surveys show a problem all content marketers must wrestle - connect the top of the funnel traffic generating activities with bottom of the funnel conversion data (where traffic becomes money). Scoop.it is the best tool I know to test a wide range of content fast in order to know WHAT content makes you money and why.

Scoop.it review by Karen D.
Karen D.

"Love this platform!"

What do you like best?

Scoop.it is the best curation tool out there that I've found. Why? Because it is a true curation tool, allowing me to both hand pick and review the articles I bring into my collection. This means I bring added value to my readers, and is one of my best ways to build thought expertise, a following, visibility, recognition, and to grow my business. Followers can comment, re-scoop what I have selected, all of which builds community. The platform is easy to use and professional in design.

What do you dislike?

The search tool could be better. I'd also like refinements in its analytic tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a platform that will help you provide more value to others, build a following, and grow your business, this is it.

Scoop.it review by Peg C.
Peg C.

"Super Curation Site! Great Product to Follow Trends!"

What do you like best?

You can use Scoop.it in so many ways -- to keep up with business trends in your niche; to gather, or curate, good posts and comment on them; or to share posts with all your social networks in one place. Your Scoop.it community also shares your scoops.

What do you dislike?

I never liked the black interface, but they just changed that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can publish scoops individually with one click to your Wordpress blog as blog posts -- super easy, yet personalized content creation. Don't miss that fact that, at certain subscription levels, you can create a regular email to share your Scoops. I recommend Scoop.it enthusiastically to clients.

Scoop.it review by James H.
James H.

"Scoop.it - Content Curation Done Right"

What do you like best?

The ability to connect to so many different social profiles really sets Scoop.it from much of the competition.

Following new content feeds, adding new topics is also very straightforward.

What do you dislike?

Until recently the online UI was the biggest opportunity for improvement. Within the past week Scoop.it has dramatically updated their online UI and the user experience, for me, is greatly improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Decide what you really need - do you need Scoop.it Pro or Business? Do you need/want to embed your curated content under your own branding?

Scoop.it review by Ileane S.
Ileane S.

"Scoop.it Content Curation Platform and Social Network In One "

What do you like best?

Scoop.it is a powerful tool that I use for curating content and the integration with Buffer is one of the best ways to boost your social profile and connections on the web.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I dislike about Scoop.it. I just wish more people would be educated and learn best practices for content curation in general.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find and share relevant content for your target audience and take your content marketing game to the next level with Scoop.it.

Scoop.it review by Steve C.
Steve C.

"Scoop.it is great for finding and sharing content."

What do you like best?

Scoop.it gives you the ability to connect different social profiles to share your information. You can target the right type of content to the right social platform. Following and finding The new content feeds, adding new topics is also very straightforward.

What do you dislike?

The User interface has recently improved which makes it easier to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Focus on a couple topics and excel in them versus doing many topics.

Learning about Scoop.it?

* We monitor all Scoop.it reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.