Scoop.it

Scoop.it enables professionals to share important ideas with the right audiences giving them an opportunity to create and maintain a meaningful Web presence, a crucial component to the success of their business and career.

Work for Scoop.it?
Skyword vs avg 2x

Learning about Scoop.it?

Scoop.it Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 21 Scoop.it reviews
Scoop.it review by <span>Murry S.</span>
Murry S.

Add energy and interest to any website with click-driver Scoop.it

What do you like best?

Curation enables quick, interesting content presentation that attracts serious professionals. Quality curation is magnetic: once discovered, surfers sign up for steady access to the efficiency-boosting content. Scoop.it makes it easy, integrates with WordPress and other CMS's, and offers levels of support that fit any business.

What do you dislike?

Not much. Scoop.it is well developed. It does have some quirks but the staff is always ready to help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't go it alone unless you have substantial time available. Find an experienced curator with scoop.it creds. You can ask the sales staff at scoop.it to provide recommendations. You can use services like UpWork and Indeed, even Craigslist to search for curators with scoop.it on their resume.

- Can't afford blogging due to the time needed or the cost of a ghost writer? Curation is the answer, and no one does it better than Scoop.it.

- Need to add dynamic content to your website in an effort to increase subscribers via interesting daily content? Scoop.it content in the hands of a skilled curator is magnetic. It'll help "find and convert" surfers to customers.

- Want to share your expertise with a growing audience? Scoop.it enables mixing your insight with hard news and important articles. And, you can actually advertise in the curation stream at zero added cost.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Scoop.it
Scoop.it review by <span>Roxana M.</span>
Roxana M.

Excellent - Highly Recommend

What do you like best?

ScoopIt is a content curation site that allows you to share and organize content on various topics. I learned about it quite by accident ~ 5 years ago and am still an avid user on a daily basis. There is a search feature (funnel shaped icon) at the top right of each collection that allows for keyword related searches through any collection. The collections I've created have been extremely useful for my research and more importantly for easily sharing multiple articles in one link either in my classes for my students or on social media for other educators/networks. The first curation I started was back when it was in beta form on Educational Psychology & Technology and is at http://bit.ly/edpsychtech.

What do you dislike?

The only feature I wish could be fixed would be to be able to search for a post (via the keyword search process) and then to be able to immediately move it to the main page. Currently there is no feature to move the found post (unless you are on the page where it is housed). It's a minor annoyance and if fixed would greatly improve the usability of the site for regular users. The pop up windows and menus on the right part of the screen get to be a bit much too, but overall these are really minor drawbacks and I would still give the tool a 10/10.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I had the free version for the first several years but over time realized that I really wanted to use the features that were only provided through the business plan. You can still use in full with several pages and high level features using a very reasonably priced plan. I'd only recommend the full boar mega plan if you need it (and have the funds). It's been a financial stretch for me but worth it to have the extra features and flexibility.

I'm an educator and researcher so am not really solving "business" problems, rather tackling systemic/structural barriers and social injustices. The benefits I've realized from using the site are that I can share a host of related articles with one link and that the format is useful for easy sharing of large amounts of information. I presented at the 2015 World Congress on School Violence Prevention and Public Policy on the need for greater bridging of research to practice and provided several of the scoop it collections on safe schools research as examples of tools that could be used to leverage social media in ways that would get more research into the public communication sphere. I've done several presentations for colleagues and know of at least 10 other students and colleagues who have also signed on and started to use the site.

What Content Marketing solution do you use?

Scoop.it review by <span>Francois G.</span>
Francois G.

Very good product for your content marketing needs!

What do you like best?

Automatic scheduling of social media messages

View of all my content and goals in one calendar

Analytics to know how each blog post performed

source the best content to curate for my blog

Create newsletters in seconds

What do you dislike?

No drag and drop

I can't create a social media message if I don't have a link to a content in it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely take this tool if you want to handle the full content marketing lifecycle. If you are looking for just social media management, you can find specific tools for that.

I had several different tools to do separate things and was spending a lot of time in each of them, and not enough content to publish on my blog.

I have increased my content production by 100% using content curation and have increases traffic by 200% and leads by over 1,000%!

Scoop.it review by Internal Consultant in Banking
Internal Consultant in Banking

Adequate Content Curation, though Suggestions could be Better

What do you like best?

The suggestion feature helps generate initial content ideas for our programs while showing what is currently trending on each major social network. Analytics are relatively robust for a curation service. We did like that you can segment searches by content type (article, infographics, videos, etc.)

What do you dislike?

When compared to other curation services that we've tested (Buzzsumo, Epicbeat, Feedly), Scoop.it was more difficult to manage, and the suggestions overall included less reputable sources. We were seeking a service that provided content suggestions for a social selling program, and we found better options from topic/keyword searches elsewhere.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would seek it if you're building a small team of SMEs who can use it for direct posting to accounts. As we are a regulated organization that requires compliance at all stages, it is nearly impossible to link company accounts with a non-approved curation service.

We are looking at curation services to help build thought leadership for a social selling program. We've already seen increased visibility for our internal thought leaders through consistent content sharing.

Scoop.it review by <span>Erin F.</span>
Erin F.

Scoopit has been a great tool to curate all the news FIT generates

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to curate an article. I like that you can upload your own picture and include a description that tells our audience how the article is relevant to us.

What do you dislike?

Just that the option to remove Scoopit branding is so expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

customize your scoops as much as possible so it's very focused on your organization.

Curating third party news

Scoop.it review by <span>sunita v.</span>
sunita v.

Scoop. it helped Femelife Fertility

What do you like best?

Content creation is easy and looks glamorous with scoop.it, they suggest relevant fields so that time is saved to a greater extent.

What do you dislike?

Well it should be a free platform so more people can take the benefit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

very good ,should try.

Femelife Fertility deals . with infertility issues and treatment .We get lot of updates and news in scoop.it.

Learning about Scoop.it?

* We monitor all Scoop.it reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.