Screencastify

Screencastify is a screen recording extension for Google Chrome. It offers solutions to create tutorial, customer support, product demo, and training videos.

Work for Screencastify?

Learning about Screencastify?

Compare Screencastify to Similar Solutions

Screencastify Reviews

Ask Screencastify a Question
Showing 10 Screencastify reviews
Screencastify review by <span>Tomi B.</span>
Tomi B.

"Great Product -- Free and Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

As a G-Suite and Chrome browser user, it took me about a minute to setup and start recording. The product is FREE (with limitations) but I am considering to upgrade since the product is a lot cheaper than competing products. The user interface is very intuitive and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

The FREE version is limited to recording only 10-mins and has the Screencastify watermark displayed. It would be nice if I could directly upload my videos to YouTube and if I could highlight the mouse pointer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a free screen recording product that is easy-to-use and has good quality, Screencastify is definitely one of the best products on the market.

Sometimes it's difficult to communicate information just using email or chat messages. Especially when your colleagues are in a different time-zone, it makes it even more challenging. I try to solve this problem by creating short presentations or explainer videos sharing my screen and sending it as link via Google Drive or YouTube to my colleagues, clients and even friends.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Screencastify
Screencastify review by <span>Krista B.</span>
Krista B.

"Excellent tool - especially for Chrome users"

What do you like best?

I initially found Screencastify out of necessity when needing a screen-capture recording tool that I could use on my Chromebook. Chromebook users cannot install local software and Screencastify was perfect because I could install the extension on my browser and easily record my screen & or my embedded webcam for instructional videos.

What do you dislike?

I wish the stop recording button was accessible via stop button toward the bottom screen when hovered over vs. having to go to the top and click. It would be a time saver and I wouldn't have to edit out that time. Also I would like to have a better editor with more functionality. I usually export and do my trimming because the editor doesn't show a time bar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Forget costly licenses to Camtasia - this is a portable tool that is very budget friendly and easy to use. I recommend this to anyone needing to do a simple screen sharing capture. It will export to MP4 and host your videos in the cloud.

This is an extremely easy tool that is very budget friendly.

What Screen and Video Capture solution do you use?

Screencastify review by User in Printing
User in Printing

"Makes Online Tutorials a Breeze! "

What do you like best?

Screencastify is the easiest way to troubleshoot online issues that our clients are going through. In just a few easy steps I am able to share my screen, talk through the steps and share video files so that my client can get an easy, personal, step-by-step guide.

What do you dislike?

So far, not a thing! I've loved every aspect of the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it and have fun!

When clients have trouble navigating their software programs like Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop, I am able to conduct a short "how to" video to show them how to fix their problem. I've also been able to help clients upload their artwork to our dropbox folder so that we can access and print their needs.

Screencastify review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Use Screencastify for Tutorial Videos for Work"

What do you like best?

We love Screencastify. We end up using them for tutorial videos for work all of the time. At first, I thought we would have to hire people to make these, but I end up making these tutorials myself and they work great. Highly recommend.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike. Sometimes, I think it would be nice if there were music options for my tutorials that could be added into the videos while using Screencastify. Other than that - nothing. Simple and Easy!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend Screencastify. Very easy to use and very inexpensive. We love it.

We make tutorials for clients. So we're recording our software. It's saving me a ton of money that I thought I would have to hire for, instead I can make them myself.

Screencastify review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"quick install easy to use"

What do you like best?

It's free! It takes a second to install and learn how to use it. It saves your videos automatically into one folder, for easy quick future reference.

What do you dislike?

The free version leaves their logo on it. You cannot also edit the videos after recording on the free version.

I am solving my testing of sites, I am also saving things I find useful. I am solving the issue of misrepresenting an issue encountered by recording a video.

Screencastify review by <span>Ian H.</span>
Ian H.

"great service"

What do you like best?

works fantastically with no local install. has everything you need, nothing you don't, and uploads to drive. Free with basic features!

What do you dislike?

can be a bit of a performance hog on older machines

great to recommend to people who need to show us some issue on their end

Screencastify review by Administrator

"Screencastify takes 1000 words and explains it in moving pictures"

What do you like best?

You can record step wise exactly what the steps are when you are sharing an issue with co workers

What do you dislike?

Setting up Screen castify was not as easy as I wanted and was concerned about privacy issues

Recommendations to others considering the product

Using this software makes your life easier because you can show the exact steps that are occurring thus illustrating what the issue is instead of having to map the whole work flow

solving issues of explaining what the issue is that we are having in realtime

Screencastify review by User in Computer Software

"Great Screen Recording Tool!"

What do you like best?

Awesome way to quickly record and capture your screen!

What do you dislike?

The UI/UX could be improved and polished up a bit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend over any other screen capturing tool!

To help easily record our screens so we can get better on our product demonstrations.

Screencastify review by Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education
Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education

"Simple Screen Recording Tool"

What do you like best?

Simple interface that works both inside and outside of Google Chrome. Easy to install and simple to use

What do you dislike?

I don’t have any issues with Screencastify.

I use it for training videos and for when I need to show someone something quickly.

Screencastify review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Great for classroom use"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use, great tool for anyone

What do you dislike?

Time limit with the use of screencastify

Able to record any computer screen as a video

Learning about Screencastify?

* We monitor all Screencastify reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Screencastify to Similar Solutions