screenflow

Screen recording and editing software for Mac

Work for screenflow?

Learning about screenflow?

screenflow Reviews

Ask screenflow a Question
Showing 36 screenflow reviews
screenflow review by <span>Bakari C.</span>
Bakari C.

Time-saving video editor

What do you like best?

I've been using ScreenFlow for about eight years now, and it is help me to produce tutorial videos and online courses. What is most useful about ScreenFlow is that it records your desktop screen, and then in the editor you can easily crop in what you want to show in your video. In recent years ScreenFlow has added very useful features, including editing templates, the ability to add custom shortcuts for nearly all its features, and faster exporting features. ScreenFlow also includes features for managing video including, including the ability to group related clippings together, as well as as remove clippings that you don't use in your project. I also like how you can easily add annotations to video productions. ScreenFlow has greatly improved over the years, and I suspect it will only get better.

What do you dislike?

Wish ScreenFlow included a way to start over a recording without having start a new recording. It would also be nice to have a script editor in the application that enabled you to create and record a script and then add the video to correspond with the script.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ScreenFlow does a have a high learning curve, but it's not impossible to learn. There are sever tutorials on the ScreenFlow website, as well as YouTube. The more videos you record and produce, the more you will learn how to use the program.

I use ScreenFlow to help me produce online video courses, as well as export productions to my YouTube channel.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about screenflow
screenflow review by <span>Matt M.</span>
Matt M.

Screenflow makes it easy to non-professional editors to professionally edit promotional videos

What do you like best?

I appreciate that they've kept their program simple at the surface level. For users who don't need to dive any deeper, they can do everything they need without a harsh learning curve. That's a big deal. I don't have time to become an expert on new software that I'm not going to use every day.

What do you dislike?

If you're a perfectionist then you may notice that it's difficult to get your transitions and cuts as clean as what you've seen in the movies and on TV. For a while I accidentally exported GIANT files of each video I shot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out. You should be able to get the hang of it pretty quickly. The interfaces take some getting used to, but you'll find that you can get a lot done without much time commitment in terms of learning how to use features outside of the basics.

We have used Screenflow to produce promotional content, edit educational videos, and create all our training resources.

What Screen and Video Capture solution do you use?

screenflow review by <span>Marcos G.</span>
Marcos G.

What an exceptional screencast and editing tool!!

What do you like best?

It has to be the built-in editor and all the functionalities and cool features it has... there is so much you can do to your video after recording it... you wont imagine!

What do you dislike?

It works only on Mac... for now! Since we have several editing stations, on those that are Mac we use it.... But on all the PC´s we have to use other (not as good) programs

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it Get it Get it!!! Pay whatever you have to pay because this is one of those tools that once you start using them, you never stop!

We can record the screen and create awesome trainning or educational videos in a fraction of the time... For example, we can make great looking animations on Keynote o PowerPoint, run them while we record the screen, and voila... you got yourself a great animation video

screenflow review by <span>Dave O.</span>
Dave O.

Preferred Video Editing Software

What do you like best?

The ease of use and intelligent UI is fantastic. I've been able to import .png graphics and overlay with cropped video with ease. Anytime I think, "I wonder if I can do that?" I click around and usually find a way to do what I'm looking for.

What do you dislike?

I have not used the media library a lot, because it has been so easy to drag and drop clips from my own folder arrangements in my Finder. I will say that on VERY rare occasions I am prohibited from saving a project due to a missing clip (audio clip usually). Even after I locate the audio clip and add it to my the media browser in the tool, it has still prohibited me from saving. I mostly am to blame for this I'm sure and have been very careful to not move files once a project has been started, henceforth.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fantastic buy for the video editor who wants to make short business related videos!

I'm using ScreenFlow to make animated event decks that we show throughout the year, to product release videos that we promote across the web, to short films that we use as social media teasers or movie openers to our keynote speakers.

screenflow review by <span>Marie G.</span>
Marie G.

Easy to use software for profesionnal videos

What do you like best?

I use Screencast since 2016 and found it easy to use. I have never make videos before and I learned how to use it in few days (at least for the basic functions)

What do you dislike?

Screenflow is only avalaible for Mac so I' m not able to do screencasts on Linux or Windows workstations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Screenflow is a great software id you need to creat few videos if you are not a professionnal. You can esaily learn how to use it and have a professionnal export.

I make HowTo videos for ou customers. They are then published on Youtube an automatically available in a lot of languages. It helps our Support team for basic questions.

screenflow review by <span>Oliver H.</span>
Oliver H.

A tool that my friends on Windows are jealous about.

What do you like best?

The flexibility to record anything from a voice over, to your screen, your webcam or even your iPhone. Screenflow makes it really easy to create professional marketing and tutorial videos for our business.

The price compared to other professional video editing tools like Adobe After Effects is really great and in 99% of all use cases, you probably don't need After Effects to create a tutorial video for your customers.

What do you dislike?

It happened to me twice, that I tried to record my screen only to find out 30 minutes later that I didn't check the "Record Desktop" checkbox. Maybe an additional dialog even when you start recording in the document would help.

Working on a small laptop can also get a little bit difficult if you are working with multiple timelines and audio tracks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read the manual and watch a couple of tutorial videos first. I had no idea in the beginning of what Screenflow is capable and only discovered the great features over the years.

We don't need any external video company for creating our tutorial or marketing videos. Especially when it comes to creating product videos, people within the company probably know the best about the product and can present it in the most logical way. In the end, it's saving us money, a lot of money.

Mixing iPhone screen recordings and screenshots really allow us to create marketing videos that look like the come from a professional ad agency.

Learning about screenflow?

* We monitor all screenflow reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.