Screenhero

Work for Screenhero?

Learning about Screenhero?

Screenhero Reviews

Showing 32 Screenhero reviews
Screenhero review by Corey W.
Corey W.

"Highly effective and free of idiosyncrasies — the best in screenshare apps"

What do you like best?

I absolutely love Screenhero. The two way sharing, mapping of shortcuts like copy and paste, visual fidelity, audio quality, and low CPU usage are all industry leading. It successfully avoids the uncanny valley that most screensharing tools fall into while also avoiding a complicated setup.

What do you dislike?

Screenhero is no longer available for download without an invitation as part of their acquisition by Slack.

If you start screenhero, then plug in your mic, Screenhero won't detect it. This can be confusing because input and output devices are independent (you can use your Apple earbuds as a mic, but use the speakers on your laptop as the output). Restarting the app fixes it, but it's inconvenient to do so.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Because Screenhero is only available by invite from an existing user, it can be awkward to onboard new users or clients. This is likely a non-starter for some organizations, while a non-issue for others.

Screenhero allows me to assist colleagues that need help getting setup with a new tool or application. I've also used it to present interactive interfaces to clients and allow them to interact without a third-party hosting setup.

Because Screenhero plays well on most platforms, it skips the “what system are you on” dance that wastes cycles when planning a meeting. It also ensures that the impression of my presentation won't be tainted by technical issues.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Screenhero
Screenhero review by Aubrey J.
Aubrey J.

"Pair Programming / Designing / Sharing at its best"

What do you like best?

ScreenHero has somehow figured out how to offer the highest resolution + lowest latency screen sharing I've been able to find. I've co-developed a few iOS apps using this software and its super easy and super fast.

The best part is the other participant can copy out and paste into your share window. Makes everything so seamless, like you're on a single computer together.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the app logs me out or says I'm logged in when I'm not. Sometimes the call drops off, but its rare.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great software! I'd get it or get an invite to it.

Being able to essentially be co-located with someone is a huge business advantage. Being able to work together in real time on a problem without having to travel or be in different time zones is no longer an issues. Huge money and time saver.

What Video Conferencing solution do you use?

Screenhero review by Oliver H.
Oliver H.

"Easy way to collaborate including screen-sharing & control"

What do you like best?

It's really easy to call somebody from the contact list. Clear audio is transmitted and you can instantly share your screen.

This solution helps a lot when working on problems together as it also allows screen control over the air without any extra plugin.

The online status in the menu bar app allows to quickly initiate on-demand meetings and calls.

What do you dislike?

Screenhero has been bought by Slack and discontinued their support for the standalone application. You can still download and signup for Screenhero and use it, but there's no ongoing support anymore.

Using Screenhero with our customers to solve support issues would be a great use case. Unfortunately, it's not scaleable in this direction and we have to jump on other screen-sharing solutions.

Especially the ease of use would make solving problems on the customer side a breeze.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to get an invitation from an existing user as the Screenhero website only redirects to Slack. We are using Slack as well but they don't allow screen control yet.

We can jump on a quick screen-sharing session at any time without the need of scheduling a Skype or Webex call.

Input from different sources on a bigger problem definitely help. We are using the screen control feature a lot to fix issues with our colleagues much faster.

It also runs in the background so we most of the times stay on the sessions to work remotely next to each other.

Screenhero review by Roger B.
Roger B.

"Best screen-share tool ever!"

What do you like best?

The audio and visual quality is unparalleled. I love the ability to pair immediately without having to exchange roles (presenter vs. viewer) so troubleshooting is a breeze.

What do you dislike?

Limits who you can invite to the platform based of subscription. Allowing guests of paying users would be super helpful to scale with growing businesses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best platform out there that I know of. If you can get on a trial program (via Slack since acquisition) to test it out, you'll be impressed with the video and audio quality, you won't regret it!

Troubleshooting customer issues or integrations. It's been super helpful when pairing with engineers to ensure that what the customer is seeing is something we can replicate to get a fix in place.

Screenhero review by Nuri H.
Nuri H.

"Screenhero"

What do you like best?

I love that Screenhero is a minimal, modern solution to an old problem of screen sharing and desktop collaboration. It is ages beyond other screen sharing software, and I really enjoy the "buddy/messaging" interface it presents. It's also fantastic that it's now owned by Slack. Hoping for some tight integration there.

What do you dislike?

I think it isn't as obvious to use for non-technical users, which I think can be improved by some sort of tutorial/guide when first starting the application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a spin! It only gets better from here -- recently purchased by Slack, Screenhero has a long runway to make you even more productive as time goes on.

We're solving for inter-office communication and productivity via screen sharing. Screenhero has helped us in tremendously in these areas.

Screenhero review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Awesome tool to collaborate with remote coworkers"

What do you like best?

My favorite aspect about Screenhero is the ability to share your screen with a coworker within seconds! There is no need to pass over control over to the person you are screen-sharing with, they always have the ability to take the mouse from you when needed.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is difficult to hear coworkers on the other end compared to Google Hangouts or Zoom. There is a bit of inconsistency with volume from users on the other end.

Screen Hero allows me to jump on a call sporadically and call someone instantly. This saves me time by not having to create a meeting such as hangouts and sending it over to the recipient., which is more feasible for quick questions to share your screen/pass control to your fellow coworker

Screenhero review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Screenhero makes IT support a breeze!"

What do you like best?

We use Slack constantly, so a tool like Screenhero that is integrated into our lifeline is perfect. When one of my users is having an issue on their machine and messaging me via Slack, I often just ask them to type "/hero @username" and start a remote session with me - giving me the ability to have a voice call and see/control their screen while they follow along. It helps cut down on repeat questions, too - being able to take advantage of a teaching moment and walk them through something while I am there to hold their hand, as it were, is great.

What do you dislike?

Screenhero is in a little bit of a transition right now, and I wish it were bundled in with the Slack client instead of needing a separate install.

Screenhero fills our need for a remote desktop solution - I have Apple Remote Desktop as a backup, but I try to use Screenhero if at all possible.

Screenhero review by Taylor H.
Taylor H.

"Awesome Screen Sharing Collaboration"

What do you like best?

Screenhero in tandem with Slack has been an awesome piece of software for our team. It allows for us to share across teams and locations for collaboration on topics. I was able to use it to train our East Coast team and also show a software defect to one our engineers on the East Coast team. This is a solid and easy to use program. Reliable too.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike here. For the most part it get's the job done. There is sometimes a bit of a lag on the screen sharing and the audio too if you're using that feature. Switching presenters can also be a bit difficult and result in having start the conversation over.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this product for it's easy to use interface and reliability.

We were looking for a quick and easy way to share the content on our screen with another. Screenhero seems to to do the trick in most circumstances.

Screenhero review by Greg M.
Greg M.

"The quickest remote desktop application I have"

What do you like best?

I love that I am able to screenshare with another user and remote desktop (control the cursor on their screen) in seconds with audio.

What do you dislike?

No camera option. I want the ability to share my camera view.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ScreenHero doesn't have the same bugs or reliability issues as its browser based counterparts, but you are required to install it. If you are looking for a remote desktop application to perform customer/employee support, this is an excellent tool. Just remember you clients need to install it too. It's great for employees who may not be good at articulating exactly what a user needs to do/click-on in walk-throughs as you can just take control and show them.

1. Web Application Walkthroughs

2. Usability Sessions

3. Customer Support

Screenhero review by User in Philanthropy
User in Philanthropy

"Cool, but not used much"

What do you like best?

The coolest and most unique aspect of Screenhero is the ability for both users to click around the screen.

What do you dislike?

I don't necessarily dislike anything about it, but I'd use it a lot more if it integrated with Zoom, our video conferencing tool. It's integrated with Slack -- I should remember to use it more often...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Screenhero is part of Slack now. If you're using Slack, you'll love the functionality Screenhero provides. You'll need a paid Slack plan to use the screen sharing tool.

We're a remote company. Communication can be difficult. Because of its interactive features, Screenhero is really helpful for teaching someone how to use a new software. It's also helpful for getting IT help from afar!

Screenhero review by User in Computer Software

"One of the better screen sharing tools"

What do you like best?

The program is easy to use and has many useful features that make screensharing easier and more effective than some other programs. Probably the most useful feature that it has that I have not seen on a couple other programs is the ability for the person you are sharing with to be able to click and type on your screen (if you allow it of course).

What do you dislike?

At times I have had trouble with logging in. The app will show me as logged in but I will not be able to see any of my contacts to share with.

The problem we are solving is connecting up with remote developers to work together on solving issues. We have also used it in the past when working with contractors to be able to explain and have them explain code.

Screenhero review by Ben G.
Ben G.

"The Best Remote Pair-Programming Tool"

What do you like best?

I was introduced to Screenhero when I worked on the Assembly (https://assembly.com) open source project "Helpful" (https://github.com/asm-helpful/helpful-web). Though now defunct, the project was a customer service SaaS app. Using Screenhero I pair-programmed with one of the project maintainers to add a new feature. Screenhero was awesome for this. This was the first time I used an app where **I could control the other person's computer**. Sure there were tech-support apps that did this before, but for pair-programming you want to be working in the same environment so being able to control one-another's machines is essential. Honestly it was magical and I've been a happy Screenhero user every since.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally their were performance hiccups with Screenhero, which was the only flaw I noticed. With that said, I give Screenhero the benefit of the doubt here since it equally well could have been my or my collaborators internet connection instead.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you do or are interested in trying any sort of remote-pair programming then definitely checkout Screenhero. It won't disappoint!

Remote pair-programming rocks with Screenhero. Honestly it is 95% as good as sitting right next to the other developer, possibly even better than in-person pair programming with only one mouse/keyboard (with Screenhero you get two effectively).

Screenhero review by Mark A.
Mark A.

"Screen Sharing, simplified."

What do you like best?

I love that it integrates so well with slack and its remarkably intuitive to use. As a company that runs owned and operated blogs, its extremely helpful in reviewing things remotely with editors.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there isn't much I don't like about the app. It's actually kind of perfect for our needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use slack, and have a need to share screens, this is it. It's easy to use, easy to install, and easy to realize the value of screensharing at a great price, free!

We have a need to review web sites and code and screenhero makes small work of that. It's a light load application and doesn't require a lot of tech savvyness to use.

Screenhero review by Rodrigo A.
Rodrigo A.

"Screenhero Review"

What do you like best?

Screenhero is one of a kind software that enhances their video calling experience. Just recently, Screenhero became part of Slack products to integrate it even further for teams,.

What do you dislike?

Screenhero winded down its standalone service that only Slack users will be able to use it. Other than that, it is a great tool for share their teammates' screens.

The business solution for this was to better my experience with screen sharing in one go. It turned out that Screenhero was one of the best solutions for screencasting videos as well.

Screenhero review by Scott C.
Scott C.

"Pretty great screensharing solution"

What do you like best?

The ability to screenshare so intuitively between slack users at my organization is really helpful

What do you dislike?

I wish that if you were on a voice call through slack, you could do a screenhero screen share without the audio more intuitively

Recommendations to others considering the product

Screenhero is a great solution for quick screenshares between Slack users - when I'm talking to one of my engineers and I need to see what they're talking about, this is a quick intuitive solution to have me just look in on their screen and even for me to be able to click on it too

We use this to share screens and control during conversations with other staff who are either remote or in other offices

Screenhero review by Harrison B.
Harrison B.

"Making the Remote Life a Cinch"

What do you like best?

Screen hero is easy to use. often times there is no greater compliment than that. With just a few clicks I'm calling a colleague and sharing screens for us to work collaboratively.

What do you dislike?

Screen hero is definitely a bit laggy! That is a downside. I also have difficulty multi-tasking during a screenshare as the focusing with the mouse becomes a bit weird.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to do a few complex tasks with screen hero to really see if its a good fit for you. Not just some simple navigation, but full on multi-tasking product use. Then you will really see and get a sense of some of the lagginess feeling that I run into.

Working collaboratively with remote teammates.

Screenhero review by Colleen M.
Colleen M.

"Quick and easy screensharing"

What do you like best?

It was super easy to integrate with Slack and use with colleagues to screenshare and walk through projects together.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. I don't have any improvement suggestions

Recommendations to others considering the product

Now that Screenhero is integrated into Slack, I would definitely recommend Slack! It's already an amazing communication tool that makes it so easy to collaborate with and work with colleagues all over the world.

As part of a global technology company, we have team members all over the world. Screen hero as part of Slack really helps us collaborate and walk through projects together.

Screenhero review by Nate M.
Nate M.

"Absolutely great to use for a remote team or for people to walk through "

What do you like best?

Super easy to connect, there was almost no lag with screensharing or audio. Awesome to be able to take control of the other person's screen

What do you dislike?

Not sure, Slack acquiring it and maybe it not having all the functionality inside Slack

Recommendations to others considering the product

Since screenhero is going into the sunset in December 1 of 2017, you'll need to have Slack (which is awesome) to have all the features Screenhero had. Great product to use and it's definitely in my top 10 of products for work

Looking over bugs, error issues, walking through product demos and feature demos. Troubleshooting with clients

Screenhero review by Ran M.
Ran M.

"Using screen hero on daily basis"

What do you like best?

The screen sharing is amazing, it is a perfect tool. The quality of sound is good. It is working smoothly when screen sharing and working remotely. With all the problems it is still by far the best screen sharing tool.

What do you dislike?

It is not stable, often it crashes, sometimes there are audio problems. When stating the call with screen share the audio fails. Changing output and input audio frequently not working.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best tool for screen sharing when troubleshooting or coding with another person. Very helpful when code pairing or guiding another person

Sharing screen in daily or weekly meeting, troubleshooting, and debugging code with a co-worker

Screenhero review by Nicole L.
Nicole L.

"I love screenhero, it makes sharing screens and collaborating a breeze!"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to collaborate together. Sharing screens is as easy as the press of a button, and you can talk to each other as well.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, I think it's very user friendly and efficient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Figure out which screen you want to share before clicking share screen.

I work for a consulting company so sometimes we work off site and need to collaborate by sharing screens. This easily solves our issues!! I've worked from Colorado and been able to easily collaborate with coworkers in Indiana.

Screenhero review by Wilhelm L.
Wilhelm L.

"Clear, easy, and fast"

What do you like best?

Screenhero allows me to connect effortlessly to all of my coworkers. We have a bunch of remote workers and a second office, Screenhero allows me to quickly connect to them. The screen share, voice calls, and remote control are all great.

What do you dislike?

I don't really have any qualms with ScreenHero. Sometimes it takes too long to log in?

ScreenHero solves the problem of not having a quick and easy way to connect to remote and other office'd coworkers. It's super nice and fast.

Screenhero review by Stephanie F.
Stephanie F.

"Screen sharing and Peer-Programming? Piece of cake with Screenhero!"

What do you like best?

When i was in my learning phase of programming i had to go to several Mentors and people who could help me solve my logical thinking mess when coding back then. We tried a couple solutions with no confortable outcome to either side. Until we met Screenhero and all our issues (We didn't have two mouse cursors, for example)

What do you dislike?

Back in the day when i used it it had a very simple UI, and sometimes we had some VoIP issues, i suppose this might've been already solved.

Peer programming is a thing when working with Interns or Juniors. Sometimes we're not at the Office or able to move to their place and we can help them out over the internet with ease.

Screenhero review by Stuart J.
Stuart J.

"Amazing app - nothing else like it."

What do you like best?

The best feature of Screenhero is the ability for both users to control the same screen.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately Screenhero has now been fully incorporated into Stripe and only available to paid users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are on a paid Slack plan then it is now available within Slack - go try it out.

It allows us to quickly and effectively collaborate on projects, designs and codes between office and remote workers.

Screenhero review by User in Internet

"Seamless screensharing for pairing "

What do you like best?

I like that I can work with my coworkers wherever we are in the world, and can interact with each others screens.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is very laggy and will cut out with no apparently cause

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know it only works via mac to mac not linux

Pairing on code with remote employees is far superior on screenhero than it is on hangouts

Screenhero review by Connor B.
Connor B.

"Peer programming made easy"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, start collaborating with other devs or project managers instantly with no hassle. Above average screen capture quality and key binding interactivity between clients.

What do you dislike?

Allow higher bit and framerates. Allow sessions to be recorded natively. More integration with existing apps such as GitHub.

Communication and collaboration as a remote team made easy.

Screenhero review by User in Internet

"A great tool for remote collaboration"

What do you like best?

The best feature of Screenhero is the ability to remotely control the other person's screen. While there are many options for screensharing, there are not many for remote control. The app clearly labels each user's cursor so it is easy to see what each person is doing.

What do you dislike?

On occasion the audio or screen sharing sites not work. Aside from these occasional performance issues, there is not much to dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can use this tool for anything from pair programming to troubleshooting to collaboration on documents.

With a remote team, Screenhero is a key tool for staying in sync throughout the day. It lets the team collaborate seamlessly and it's almost as good as being int the same room.

Screenhero review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Allows for paired programming while remote"

What do you like best?

60fps (or close to it) while pair programming. It is quite useful if you are working remote and need to work with others to debug issues, plan, etc.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike about this product, I've been very happy with it so far.

Paired programming online can be a pain. Especially when most tools such as Hangouts is very choppy. Screenhero manages to get close to a 60fps experience.

"Screenhero saves time"

What do you like best?

Screenhero saves time in the office, especially when working remotely. You can use it for training, customer service and just about anything else you can think of.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see a more intuitive interface for scheduling meetings through the slack integration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great tool

I am a technical support specialist so I help people with their Leadpages account. I have to describe very technical things to people.

"Screenhero"

What do you like best?

Excellent for calls and screen sharing to collaborate on work.

What do you dislike?

Often have to restart Screenhero to begin new calls.

Screenhero allows us to collaborate in real time to debug issues and implement software enhancements.

Screenhero review by User in Graphic Design
User in Graphic Design

"Great product, audio quality"

What do you like best?

Great audio quality, no latency, ability to hear / talk at the same time.

What do you dislike?

No que / sound on call accept is a bit carry, but not a deal breaker.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Slack voice calls, uberconference, Google hangouts all worth comparing. Different set of features to many, but a nice fit for quick, peer to peer collaboration.

Great for collaborating remotely, problem solving local machine issues remotely.

Screenhero review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"Good, simple screen sharing"

What do you like best?

I like Screenhero's simplicity, most of all, but there are other features that make it worthwhile: voice integration, the ability to switch sharers on the fly + more. It's also integrated with other apps I use, such as Flowdock.

What do you dislike?

Not much I dislike about it - yet. Sometimes the call quality's a bit shaky, but that's about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Screen here is a very solid tool. There are others out there, but the free version has worked well for me so far.

I use this when I need to work with my remote teams. Sometimes it's just easier to let someone else run your computer for you for certain things. It's also a good tool for presentations.

"Love it"

What do you like best?

Ability to control other user's screen..

What do you dislike?

I think you need an invitwtion to be able to use it. Not sure though.

I am a software engineer working remotely, so this tool really helps with discussing code with other co-workers

Learning about Screenhero?

* We monitor all Screenhero reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.