Screenium

Record exactly what you see on your screen and make it a screencast. Screenium will get out of your way and simply capture the video for you.

Work for Screenium?

Learning about Screenium?

Screenium Reviews

Showing 8 Screenium reviews
Screenium review by <span>Max O.</span>
Max O.

Screenium - screen capturing for professionals

What do you like best?

Several options to create a video screencast: hole screen, fixed screen area or a selected app;

Built-in video editor for removing unwanted parts of screencast before exporting;

Native support for Apple Prores 4444 codec exporting;

What do you dislike?

Library. You should make it more user friendly. If I need to find a screencast that was made some time ago, there is no normal preview, all thumbnails look the same, so you need to open one by one. Of course I could just name every file, but the app does not force me to that for each screencast, it just assigns the date and time when it was shot as a file name. When you have hundreds of videos in your Library, it gets difficult to navigate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Screen capturing is native in Mac OS and you can do this with Quicktime app. All these screen capturing apps just utilize this native capturing in a more user friendly experience, while adding couple of neat features to it. If you do screen capturing on daily basis, than such an app is a must have for you and Screenium is one of the best on the market, packed with all the latest features.

Our company produces lots of video software tutorials on daily basis. We use Screenium to capture the process of using a software, cut unwanted screencast parts using built-in video editor, export using ProRes 4444 codec and edit the final video with FCPX.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Screenium
Screenium review by <span>Laurry P.</span>
Laurry P.

Pour faire des presantation informatique est essentiel

What do you like best?

Ce logiciel est merveilleux sur mon Macbook pro il permet de prendre notre ecran en 60 fps soit 4k une qualité à toute épreuve 100% recommander par moi a toutes les personnes dons je suis en relation avec des outils très complet juste top

What do you dislike?

Je ne sais pas la seul choses est peut être les options a régler légèrement difficiles

Recommendations to others considering the product

Prenez sans esiter 100% fiable aucun beug pour moi un logiciel parfait pour la capture et la qualité a avoir a tout prix9

Prendre en video mon ecran afin de pouvoir partager mon travail ou une metode de travail 8

What Other Design solution do you use?

Screenium review by Administrator in Computer Software

Great creen Capture Tool

What do you like best?

The ability to record just a certain portion of the screen (what Screenium call a "Fixed Area"). When we use Screenium it is generally to record training videos on how to use our software product, this lets us optimally size our software window, and then capture it and nothing else so there are no extraneous distractions in the finished video.

What do you dislike?

Really very little – the software does what it says on the box which is exactly what we need it to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product for capturing video.

Primarily recording videos that are used as reference materials by users of a software system that we develop. Most often these are intended for mass consumption by many users over a long period of time, but Screenium also makes it very easy to record quick little videos, specific to helping a single user through a situation.

We also use it to create demo videos for potential clients.

Screenium review by <span>Christina H.</span>
Christina H.

Screenium Review

What do you like best?

This is by far the best screencasting and recording system that I have been able to find. The 5K display capabilities far surpass what I was expecting when I got the system.

What do you dislike?

I can truthfully say that there is nothing that I dislike with this product at this time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You are not going to find a better or higher quality product out there!!!

I am able to easily show other parties at other offices what I am doing on my screen, so that they may reciprocate it on their own screens.

Screenium review by <span>Stefan B.</span>
Stefan B.

Good screen capture software, but not the best

What do you like best?

I bought Screenium a few years ago as part of updating my classroom material. It was fairly cheap and did what it is supposed to do: capture movie to show what you do on screen.

Good basic feature set: full screen, dedicated screen section or follow cursor. Recording is smooth and quick.

Price is fine and the software works intuitively. There are occasional updates, but overall, the product seems stable and mature.

The concept of a media folder from which you can control all capture is OK, but not as scaleable in the end. I had to remove most capture (or transfer them to a backup) as they took too much storage space and cluttered the interface.

What do you dislike?

While the recording is fine, it is a quite linear, one-way process. There is little to no control over the result afterwards and you always have quite a lengthy conversion process. It also had problems recording Windows applications running from Parallels.

Mac OSX only and was not usable to capture some of the Windows-applications I wanted to record.

While the product seemed quite stable, it did not get many updates nor many new features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While I started with Screenium initially, it did not full fill my needs completely. I migrated to ScreenFlow which has more extensive control over the output, as it has a complete Non-linear video editing workflow.

I did use it a few times in the past, but have migrated to ScreenFlow which is more complete.

Screenium review by User in Building Materials
User in Building Materials

Best screen capture for Mac

What do you like best?

This software is very user friendly. The UI is great and it's not overly complicated. It just does what it's supposed to do. Used this software many times and never had it crash like other did. The screen capture was always great quality. No lag

What do you dislike?

I have nothing negative to say about this software.

I was showing information to a colleague on how to perform some actions in Photoshop. It was beast to capture my screen and send it so him via email vs having him live stream what I was doing and try to follow along.

Learning about Screenium?

* We monitor all Screenium reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.