ScreenSteps

ScreenSteps helps teams create better help documentation by either creating a new online knowledge base or improving the knowledge base they are already using.

Work for ScreenSteps?

Learning about ScreenSteps?

ScreenSteps Reviews

Ask ScreenSteps a Question
Showing 25 ScreenSteps reviews
ScreenSteps review by Gary D F.
Gary D F.

"Screensteps saved the day!"

What do you like best?

It's hard to decide if I like the software or the support best.

For sure one thing I like is that its so easy to use, even our customers can do it. Setting up a new users is a simple as adding their credentials and sending them an email. Rarely do new users have any questions about what to do.

But the support (the two or three times I've needed it) is fantastic. Response times are fast, and only take one request. In word superb.

What do you dislike?

What do I dislike? For me, nothing. The Screensteps team seems to always ahead of what we need. I'm sure that's lots of stuff we still don't take advantage of.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't wait, do it today.

About 10 years ago we were implementing our software for a new customer. I had a team onsite. Their CEO called me screaming, "YOUR DOCUMENTATION SUCKS!!!" Of course he was right. I told him I had a plan to fix it. I had just seen the Screensteps demo presented at an Apple event online; I signed up. I think we are one of the first customers.

Anyway, within a few weeks we had rewritten our entire user document set in ScreenSteps and presented it to the customer. The result: Happy, happy, happy.

We've both been using it ever since.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ScreenSteps
ScreenSteps review by Greg R.
Greg R.

"The best tool I ever used for documentation."

What do you like best?

First it opened my eyes to the power of documentation could have on my business. When it comes to delegating tasks to others you need to be able to have training in place to be able to educate them on how to do the tasks. I like how fast you can create documentation with images and less text. The best part is when technology changes you can edit jut the section that need to be changed, you don't have to create a whole new document, like you would have to if it were video. This is a great tool to go along with your video training.

What do you dislike?

Well I dislike the monthly plan, but you get what you pay for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's nothing that even comes close to help you create documentation for digital training.

I realized the problem with training is that most processes are not documented. This solves an internal problem by allowing you to create documentation quickly. So as you are doing a task you can also document the process. This allows for others to do the tasks just as you would have done, without waiting time trying to figure how.

What Knowledge Management solution do you use?

ScreenSteps review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Screensteps is a great tool for help article management and organization."

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to make future updates to help articles. I can easily make the change when I know it will be coming but I don't have to publish the change until the feature is live. This way I can feel really prepared for upcoming product releases.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, nothing comes to my mind right off the bat.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We really love it and we don't plan to change anytime soon.

We use Screenstep's integration with Zendesk and really love how seamless it is. Screenstep's makes it easy to be prepared for future product releases so we know our customers will get the information they need right from the get-go. Since we have two main users in Screensteps, we need both of them to review each other's updates. This process is easy with Screensteps.

ScreenSteps review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Wonderful platform for client facing Help Center"

What do you like best?

Like how we can organize chapters of content. It's easy for us to organize and therefore easy for our clients to search on the user-facing end. Also, my entire team can work on different articles within ScreenSteps at once.

What do you dislike?

Not that intuitive on how to edit/ improve the design. Oftentimes it takes a while to train a new employee on how to use it and what the features are. Tried changing a color of a header box and found it near impossible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It was a no brainer for us to go with Screen Steps when searching for a platform to host our Help Center.

ScreenSteps is our client facing help center. We keep all our how-to guides there. As we scale, it's helped us create a library of tools for our clients to search.

ScreenSteps review by Barb C.
Barb C.

"This makes our knowledge base easy to create"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, importing gifs, tag options

What do you dislike?

It often creates an additional section:(

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take it slow. Don't click on the different type of selection (heading, text, image etc.) option a lot or you will end up having to delete a lot of "content" that isn't really content.

Creating an easy to navigate, easy to understand knowledge base on Zendesk is easy with Screensteps, we can create more articles in a shorter period of time, and incorporate gifs and screenshots easily

ScreenSteps review by Howard L.
Howard L.

"Support for Support"

What do you like best?

ScreenSteps is the best. We have turned all our old Wiki help articles that used to be housed on Google Sites into ScreenSteps training modules that perform and look much nicer. It's really improved how we go about getting the information to our employees. I feel like it's really made a big difference throughout our environment.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any complains about ScreenSteps at this time. If I find anything I have trouble with, their Support is there ready to help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you ever need help, just reach out to support and they will assist ya.

It's really allowed us to better improve our training with out new and current employees.

"Training program fixed!"

What do you like best?

Screensteps has helped us build a better training program and help provide our employees with the best training possible to help them succeed in their new role. The product is so easy to use which has allowed us to constantly update our training as our product evolves.

What do you dislike?

I have noticed anything that I dislike about Screensteps yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want something easy to use to improve training resources, this is it!

As our company has been growing we have been struggling to keep our training program at the best it can be. We are constantly adding new features to our software and its hard to keep our support and sales teams up to date on exactly how things work. ScreenSteps has been wonderful in keeping our training resources high quality and up to date to keep our employees ready

ScreenSteps review by Administrator

"ScreenSteps - The BEST Training Platform"

What do you like best?

The fact that you have so many features at your fingertips and the fact that you can actually USE all them, make ScreenSteps the best product on the market for training. We've loved it here and it has brought us much better results that what we were doing beforehand. It's a great product with a great customer service department and they keep delivering value.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't much to dislike about ScreenSteps. It's been easy to use and easy to manage and implement. What else could you really desire from a piece of software?

We're reaping the benefits since day one. We've improved out training regiment almost ten-fold from what it was before (at least it feels like it!) I do not want to go back to what it was before we found ScreenSteps.

ScreenSteps review by Administrator

"Easy setup and implementation!"

What do you like best?

Getting started with ScreenSteps was easy. It isn't hard to figure out how to setup your users and access levels. There were many resources available to assist as well.

What do you dislike?

The formatting of articles can be a drawback, but I found ScreenSteps to be much more friendly than other platforms we used in the past.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out, you won't be disappointed!

We use ScreenSteps for onboarding employees/contractors and as a knowledge base to assist with day-to-day tasks. It makes it easy for us to have all information in one centralized location.

ScreenSteps review by User in Computer Software

"Screensteps saves me hours"

What do you like best?

Keeping user-facing documentation up-to-date is a big task, especially in an environment where new features are release biweekly. We experimented with videos and screencasts, but found that they require a huge amount of time to create and few users actually watch them. Annotated screenshots are much quicker to create; Screensteps makes updating them to reflect new UI SUPER easy. Collaborative features (assigning ownership to articles, flagging articles that need updated content or need review before publishing) make working with a team efficient and organized.

What do you dislike?

It took a bit to find a good way to incorporate animated gifs into articles (sometimes necessary!). We've resolved the problem by using a tool called recordit.co. Some other gifs weren't compatible with screensteps, but I submitted a support ticket and the bug may well be resolved by now.

We have had serious issues keeping documentation up-to-date for our users, but Screensteps has resolved the issue because it's so quick to replace screenshots and push new articles. We are hoping this will also cut down on support requests to the help desk, but it's too early to tell. Screensteps definitely saves us a lot of time in updating documentation.

ScreenSteps review by Administrator

"Boost your knowledge base to the moon!"

What do you like best?

ScreenSteps has provided our company with a great way to manage our knowledge base and create informative training modules to give to our employees. It was extremely easy to learn and the documentation helped a great deal whenever we were stumped. We've improved our training by using ScreenSteps and wouldn't ever want to go back.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about ScreenSteps.

We're just better able to give our employees a better training experience and a place where they can quickly find what they need.

ScreenSteps review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Great tool for documentation"

What do you like best?

Really easy to use interface for screen grabbing and adding notation on the image and relating to the image.

Multiple ways to edit (desktop client, online system, quick edit buttons).

Easy management of documents - you can move them between different spaces, easily change who can see what and which versions.

Great approval process built in.

What do you dislike?

While being able to edit the content via three different interfaces is nice because it gives you the full range of functionality, but also the ability to make quick edits as you find them, sometimes it's hard to figure out what functionality is possible, as it's only available in one or the other interfaces.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read up in their support portal - there is a lot of great functionality that's not completely obvious, you may be able to do more than you think in it.

Creating easy to follow and easy to update technical documentation both for external online client documentation and private, secure internal documentation.

ScreenSteps review by Administrator

"ScreenSteps Saves The Day"

What do you like best?

The fact that we now have the ability to make thorough and detailed documentations about some of our business practices has been invaluable.

What do you dislike?

The platform has been designed well from the top to the bottom. I haven't had any issues with ScreenSteps in the time I've worked with it.

It really gives us the ability to better improve our training processes and relay pertinent information to all parties necessary.

"Works wonderfully well!"

What do you like best?

ScreenSteps is a great piece of software. I haven't used another product that so quickly and efficiently helps to create simple workflows that I can use to teach my other employees and clients.

What do you dislike?

I really don't have any gripes at this time.

It really provides a platform where you can train employees without the need of printing out giant packets.

ScreenSteps review by User in Computer Software

"Screensteps - desktop vs. web"

What do you like best?

I link the functionality of modifying and adding screenshots, re-ordering sections, the option to integrate with Salesforce

What do you dislike?

It seems to go back and forth - they don't keep their web-based editor and desktop editor at the same speeds - one always seems to be not working, which is very frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure it does what you want from Day 1 - if it doesn't, but they say it should, just working on some issues, that would be a red flag based on my experiences.

Documentation internal, external, for clients - ability to build onboarding guide for internal usage.

"Best...software...ever!"

What do you like best?

I love love love ScreenSteps! It's been a life-saver. We used to rely on various wikis and random one-off printed documents to get the information across to our trainees. This has made it 1000 times more wonderful. We keep adding articles and they have all been so easy to get set up and provide so much functionality.

What do you dislike?

Absolutely nothing. I'm not technically paying the bill, so I can't complain about the pricing, but even that seems reasonable. Especially for what we get.

This software has really given us so much! We're vastly improved in our training.

ScreenSteps review by User

"Great for us employees!"

What do you like best?

From my experience being training on ScreenSteps, it has been a joy. It's very nice and easy to use and keeps different topics organized and easy to find. Definitely beats having a giant folder of papers you have to read through or seven different articles you have to peruse. It's all there at your fingertips with ScreenSteps.

What do you dislike?

I've loved this product more than anything I've used at other jobs. I can't complain.

It really makes training enjoyable and easy. Finding what you're looking for is a piece of cake.

ScreenSteps review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Amazing product for clear software documentation"

What do you like best?

Neat features, easy screenshops, fantastic markup for photos including blur, annotate, numbering, highlighting and more. Text allows for easy formatting/headers/expandable text blogs, all with a few clicks. It lets me write awesome documentation.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, I love this product. It has been continually improving since I first started using it. The admin page is a little wonky and hard to find, but other than I love it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it, your documentation will be better, clearer and more organized for it

Communicating with customers, saved time, seemless upload to Zendesk, (and other platforms though I don't use them) organized content

ScreenSteps review by Administrator

"Training Is So Much Easier"

What do you like best?

ScreenSteps has been the perfect solution for our business. Being able to train our employees in such a way makes on boarding so much easier. We've had great feedback from our employees that have said they are impressed with our training modules.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. The price is right, the product is perfect.

Efficiency! This has really made training a breeze and delivers the information we need to get across in such a way that makes it informative.

ScreenSteps review by User

"Was great when I used it in Customer Support"

What do you like best?

This was my go-to for training or to refresh my memory on our different training modules when I worked in Customer Support. I've since moved on and no longer use ScreenSteps, but when I did use it I enjoyed it and everyone in my department seemed to feel the same way.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any complaints about this software at this time.

It provided us with an easy way to train and learn.

ScreenSteps review by Administrator in Construction
Administrator in Construction

"Easy to use support documentation"

What do you like best?

This product is very easy to use and navigate to create simple and visually pleasing support documentation. As an administrator, it is a time saving tool, since it does all of the formatting for me. I just type up a step, grab a screen capture, and move on to the next. I can export to a pdf or use their cloud based hosting.

What do you dislike?

The only options now are a monthly subscription. You can no longer buy the standalone software to create documents.

Creating easy to use support documentation for our team.

ScreenSteps review by User

"Wow! This has been great."

What do you like best?

I just started using ScreenSteps when I got hired a few weeks ago. By following the different training modules I've been able to (at least I feel) learn much quicker!! So far it's been great using this platform in my onboarding experience.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any real complains. Sometimes things load slow, but that may just be my internet.

It helps our team train much more effectively.

ScreenSteps review by Administrator in Publishing
Administrator in Publishing

"Internal and external product self-help support"

What do you like best?

Easy to use interface for creating articles and deployment.

What do you dislike?

Integration with other services is limited and because it is more of a manual it is not a good solution for dynamic self-help.

Support case deflection through self-help.

ScreenSteps review by Brandon G.
Brandon G.

"simple clean help for your end users"

What do you like best?

salesforce integration is simple and natural

What do you dislike?

so far nothing the product is clean and user friendly

screen steps is built so end users can find the answers to common issues by searching the knowledge base directly from the Salesforce Sidebar

ScreenSteps review by Keith W.
Keith W.

"Great product"

What do you like best?

Easy to create and deploy to orgs. Great for making screen shots

What do you dislike?

A little limited in the formatting. Would be great if it was a little more robust

Customer training of our products

Learning about ScreenSteps?

* We monitor all ScreenSteps reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.