ScreenSteps

ScreenSteps helps teams create better help documentation by either creating a new online knowledge base or improving the knowledge base they are already using.

Work for ScreenSteps?

Learning about ScreenSteps?

ScreenSteps Reviews

Ask ScreenSteps a Question
Showing 25 ScreenSteps reviews
ScreenSteps review by <span>Gary D F.</span>
Gary D F.

Screensteps saved the day!

What do you like best?

It's hard to decide if I like the software or the support best.

For sure one thing I like is that its so easy to use, even our customers can do it. Setting up a new users is a simple as adding their credentials and sending them an email. Rarely do new users have any questions about what to do.

But the support (the two or three times I've needed it) is fantastic. Response times are fast, and only take one request. In word superb.

What do you dislike?

What do I dislike? For me, nothing. The Screensteps team seems to always ahead of what we need. I'm sure that's lots of stuff we still don't take advantage of.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't wait, do it today.

About 10 years ago we were implementing our software for a new customer. I had a team onsite. Their CEO called me screaming, "YOUR DOCUMENTATION SUCKS!!!" Of course he was right. I told him I had a plan to fix it. I had just seen the Screensteps demo presented at an Apple event online; I signed up. I think we are one of the first customers.

Anyway, within a few weeks we had rewritten our entire user document set in ScreenSteps and presented it to the customer. The result: Happy, happy, happy.

We've both been using it ever since.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ScreenSteps
ScreenSteps review by <span>Greg R.</span>
Greg R.

The best tool I ever used for documentation.

What do you like best?

First it opened my eyes to the power of documentation could have on my business. When it comes to delegating tasks to others you need to be able to have training in place to be able to educate them on how to do the tasks. I like how fast you can create documentation with images and less text. The best part is when technology changes you can edit jut the section that need to be changed, you don't have to create a whole new document, like you would have to if it were video. This is a great tool to go along with your video training.

What do you dislike?

Well I dislike the monthly plan, but you get what you pay for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's nothing that even comes close to help you create documentation for digital training.

I realized the problem with training is that most processes are not documented. This solves an internal problem by allowing you to create documentation quickly. So as you are doing a task you can also document the process. This allows for others to do the tasks just as you would have done, without waiting time trying to figure how.

What Other Customer Service solution do you use?

ScreenSteps review by Administrator in Computer Software

Screensteps is a great tool for help article management and organization.

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to make future updates to help articles. I can easily make the change when I know it will be coming but I don't have to publish the change until the feature is live. This way I can feel really prepared for upcoming product releases.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, nothing comes to my mind right off the bat.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We really love it and we don't plan to change anytime soon.

We use Screenstep's integration with Zendesk and really love how seamless it is. Screenstep's makes it easy to be prepared for future product releases so we know our customers will get the information they need right from the get-go. Since we have two main users in Screensteps, we need both of them to review each other's updates. This process is easy with Screensteps.

ScreenSteps review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

Wonderful platform for client facing Help Center

What do you like best?

Like how we can organize chapters of content. It's easy for us to organize and therefore easy for our clients to search on the user-facing end. Also, my entire team can work on different articles within ScreenSteps at once.

What do you dislike?

Not that intuitive on how to edit/ improve the design. Oftentimes it takes a while to train a new employee on how to use it and what the features are. Tried changing a color of a header box and found it near impossible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It was a no brainer for us to go with Screen Steps when searching for a platform to host our Help Center.

ScreenSteps is our client facing help center. We keep all our how-to guides there. As we scale, it's helped us create a library of tools for our clients to search.

ScreenSteps review by <span>Barb C.</span>
Barb C.

This makes our knowledge base easy to create

What do you like best?

Ease of use, importing gifs, tag options

What do you dislike?

It often creates an additional section:(

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take it slow. Don't click on the different type of selection (heading, text, image etc.) option a lot or you will end up having to delete a lot of "content" that isn't really content.

Creating an easy to navigate, easy to understand knowledge base on Zendesk is easy with Screensteps, we can create more articles in a shorter period of time, and incorporate gifs and screenshots easily

ScreenSteps review by <span>Howard L.</span>
Howard L.

Support for Support

What do you like best?

ScreenSteps is the best. We have turned all our old Wiki help articles that used to be housed on Google Sites into ScreenSteps training modules that perform and look much nicer. It's really improved how we go about getting the information to our employees. I feel like it's really made a big difference throughout our environment.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any complains about ScreenSteps at this time. If I find anything I have trouble with, their Support is there ready to help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you ever need help, just reach out to support and they will assist ya.

It's really allowed us to better improve our training with out new and current employees.

Learning about ScreenSteps?

* We monitor all ScreenSteps reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.