Scribd

4.0
(12 reviews)

Scribd is a digital library platform. Users can publish, read, or discover books and documents. Scribd can be accessed via mobile or web.

Work for Scribd?

Learning about Scribd?

Scribd Reviews

Showing 12 Scribd reviews
Scribd review by Francisco P.
Francisco P.

"The best digital library is SCRIBD"

What do you like best?

It is a social network, in which I can use the library, where we can upload, share or add a specific text, in addition to that we can subscribe to companies or articles on any particular topic, I find it interesting that I always have new news and publications that encourage reading and knowledge of the subject that you prefer, the Reading list, is a great tool for storing the articles that we find interesting and in which we have interest. In addition, it depends on the censorship of the document, You can use the tool to warn the content or the type of censorship.

What do you dislike?

It, I do not see the application of a document that can send documents, I think a greater security response in the documents that we upload.

At the research level, it helps you a lot, that you put on your list a topic that you are working on, you save the update work or keep looking for the same as the updates of the topic, related articles, companies that work in relation to the topic of your search or research that results in saving work time, super practice.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Scribd
Scribd review by Alberto S.
Alberto S.

"My virtual library"

What do you like best?

It is a great tool in which I can have my documents written in PDF or web pages that I consider important, I can adapt it to several formats and open in several operating systems, it is really interesting because it is like a virtual library where you can save all the readings of my interest and share them with whoever you want at the time you want in a very easy way

What do you dislike?

You need legal permits to make certain publications and you will always run the risk of losing everything if the company decides to close so I recommend always having a backup of everything you keep there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For its effectiveness and the time that I now at certain times recommend its use

Having all the reading of your interest at hand and in one place is a great advantage when it comes to reading some important document to make a decision at a certain time, accelerating work without creating setbacks

What Other Office solution do you use?

Scribd review by Frances Rene M.
Frances Rene M.

"Scribd is a great website to search for and buy books in forms that can be downloaded."

What do you like best?

The wide variety of books and the ease of searching the website are the best features of this website. I almost feel like I am getting lost in a library or book store when I am searching the Scribd website.

What do you dislike?

I don't really dislike anything about the site. Everything is pretty wonderful. I hope Scribd does not have plans to change.

Recommendations to others considering the product

100% would choose this website every time to meet my and my business needs.

Scribd has made it easier to find books and manuals that relate to the day to day life of working in different business. Some benefits that Scribd has brought to my business is just the various reading material to help expand the knowledge of my coworkers and I.

Scribd review by Leonardo M.
Leonardo M.

"Room for improvement"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use, you can have more audiobooks per month then, for example, Audible and a decent amount of books per month with a sizeable database of good books with nice recommendations.

What do you dislike?

The fact that it does not have some of the books I was looking for and for example, B&N or Amazon have. They still have a good bunch of books but not all audiobooks, for example, Audible offers, sometimes also the quality is worse and choppy and not that enjoyable to listen to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want an inexpensive service that offers both books and audiobooks, Scrib is definitely something you should look into.

Personal development and education in topics related to the business and clients.

Scribd review by Alexandra Z.
Alexandra Z.

"A nice podcast app"

What do you like best?

It is a great app for listening to audio books and digital news papers. I like the efficiency of the app and the amount of resources available in it. There is a lot of material to use in Scribd for personal and professional purposes. I like how convenient the app is.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that it is only audio books and news papers. I don't like having many apps and would rather merge music, audio books, podcasts and news paper at one platt form. Also, sometimes the app is confusing when searching for a new material.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is great if you know that the material you are looking to use is all on the app. If not, it might be a headache to find your material.I would reccomend looking at the material online and see if the material you are looking for is on the plattform.

I am able to conveniently educate myself with the material in improving my work and myself personally. I like being able to listen to work related audio books while driving to meet clients and business meetings. The news papers are also a great resource when researching a matter to solve business problems.

Scribd review by Administrator

"Great service for education professionals"

What do you like best?

I appreciate that Scribd has a wide variety of book and magazine titles, which have been very useful to share with the teenage Fellows I work with when we assign readings. The Fellows have commented that the platform is really easy to use on their computers and phones, and so far we have been able to find all of the material we needed directly on Scribd.

What do you dislike?

So far there is nothing I dislike about the product - everything has worked well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No recommendations - the product is pretty self explanatory.

Scribd solves the problem of providing books and magazine articles to a large number of students at once, especially on their mobile devices to avoid excessive paper waste by printing. We had also previously come up against the issue of entire books and articles not being accessible online, but this has been aided by using the Scribd service.

Scribd review by Caroline Z.
Caroline Z.

"Scribd Review"

What do you like best?

I like how Scribd tailors your book recommendations that are applicable for your interests or work.

What do you dislike?

I sometimes find the navigation of the site a bit complicated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend looking into recommendations that Scribd provides and exploring various genres because their database is very broad and they provide support if you need to find a certain book or need to find a book that can answer a specific question, namely for research purposes or even for your own interests.

In terms of research, Scribd has helped us broaden our book selection and accessibility of different genres for global research.

Scribd review by Carlos Alberto D.
Carlos Alberto D.

"Scribd"

What do you like best?

uses iPaper format that allows you to embed documents in a web page, without the need for conversion between different operating systems (Windows, Mac OS and Linux) All types of main documents can be formatted in iPaper, for example Word documents, PowerPoint presentations, PDF files

What do you dislike?

The reading on the screen is a bit heavy, and does not allow password protected files

Recommendations to others considering the product

combines social network with the hosting of office documents, accepting the formats doc, txt, ppt, xls, ps, pdf and lit

Download, store and share documents online to consult documents whenever you want, to form working groups once the content is published, you can give and receive comments

Scribd review by User

"Great for professional and personal development "

What do you like best?

This is one of the easier to use reading subscriptions I have used. I like that I was able to try it free for 30 days, and have since used it to access hundreds of ebooks and audio books that I listen to to advance in my knowledge for my career.

What do you dislike?

Just like with any service, there are some books that I would like to access that have no been available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product!

I am able to use Scribd to further my knowledge of child psychology while still being at work, without having to attend conferences. I look at it as professional development for under $10 a month.

Scribd review by User

"Simple, Scribd makes life easier"

What do you like best?

I liked how the setup is like an online library and the site is very easy to read from and find a variety of sources.

What do you dislike?

I didn't like the zooming feature because the toggle doesn't work very well and trying to zoom on a dated source and ending up with a lower quality, pixelated page.

Finding sources without going through much trouble to find an accurate, valid source.

Scribd review by User in Medical Devices
User in Medical Devices

"Scribd is used essentially as a warehouse for digital documents and books."

What do you like best?

I like being able to use Google search and find documents within Scribd that were published.

What do you dislike?

To obtain a document, you need to upload one of your own. Some people upload documents that are not of value to the public.

Being able to find specific documents that may be specific to a certain topic (i.e. schoolwork, study guides, etc.)

Scribd review by Makena S.
Makena S.

"A great resource for new information!"

What do you like best?

The Scribd app is incredibly easy to use.

What do you dislike?

No complaints about Scribd at this time.

Absorbing information about all different things - wellness, psychology, and religion and spirituality!

Learning about Scribd?

* We monitor all Scribd reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.