Scribe Insight

Scribe Insight is integration software for front office and back office integrations for mid-market and enterprise business.

Work for Scribe Insight?

Learning about Scribe Insight?

Scribe Insight Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 12 Scribe Insight reviews
Scribe Insight review by <span>Juan Alberto G.</span>
Juan Alberto G.

"A great tool to integrate systems"

What do you like best?

Even when Scribe provides a lot of connectors to the most popular and not so popular software, it still have great capability to connect to different data sources which is great when you have legacy systems or in-house developed systems. It is a very reliable tool that you just have to setup and let it be, you can be sure it will perform as expected.

What do you dislike?

It can go crazy with the alerts, Once I received 2500+ during a day due to network issues, there is no way to limit the number of alerts received or to acknowledge the problem and stop receiving them.

There is no way to set up a maintenance time for an specific data connection, you need to manually pause the jobs or pause the whole system to avoid alerts and errors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great product, easy to implement and requires very low maintenance. You will need some SQL knowledge and a very good understanding of the databases to use.

We have offices in different parts of the world, each one is using a different ERP, So we use Scribe to bring all the data to a centralized database and ERP on the corporate office. We use it to update the ERP with the CRM data as there is no other way to connect them and also to update the sales history of our sales portal into the CRM as the sales portal is home a grown system.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Scribe Insight
Scribe Insight review by <span>Mike P.</span>
Mike P.

"Quality integration tool that doesn't require a developer"

What do you like best?

The user interface is simple to use and intuitive. If I don't know how to do something, the interface usually makes it fairly simple to work out. If that doesn't work, there is always online manuals and their support team. The console allows excellent error management and again is flexible in it's setup.

What do you dislike?

The support team is not as responsive as it once was and I often find I am having to find workarounds to issues as I don't get the response I'm looking for. This isn't a regular issue, but it does put a negative slant on the product. With regards the product itself, I often see problems with the execution log where it crashes when I attempt to use grouping. Not a show stopper, but frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Beware if considering the choice between Scribe Online and Scribe Insight, these are different products and Scribe Insight is a much more mature product which allows a greater complexity in your integrations. If you choose Scribe Online, but later find it is not fit for your purpose, there is no option to swap, you'll have to buy Scribe Insight on top of the money you've already paid for Scribe Online and you'll need to start from scratch to build the integrations.

With regards using the product itself I have found being able to install Scribe Insight on a dedicated server with at least double the minimum specification requirements has helped to ensure a smooth experience.

Scribe Insight is one of the Migration and Integration options we provide to our customers. Some are using it on very large complex on-going integrations connecting multiple data sources to their CRM system. It is also a regular tool of choice when migrating to Dynamics CRM.

It is simple to build integrations, with a nice user interface. Testing is simple and moving the deployment from a test environment to live is also pain free.

What On-Premise Data Integration solution do you use?

Scribe Insight review by <span>Wayne W.</span>
Wayne W.

"Solid, reliable ETL tool"

What do you like best?

The best part for me that once a integration is set up they typically require little maintenance. If there are any issues it can be configured to send notifications.

Many of the tools I looked at are passive. Scribe provides a number of ways to initiate an integration including a robust scheduler, file watcher and integration with MSMQ.

It's also a great tool for ad-hock integration. I work mostly with Microsoft Dynamics CRM and used to write C# programs for quick integrations Now I usually use Scribe since it's a lot faster to develop and test.

What do you dislike?

I suppose the biggest issue I have is that there is so much in the product often very useful features get lost in the UI. Once I do find one of these features and look they are documented. Not sure what can be done to address this from a UI perspective..

Recommendations to others considering the product

Relationships are important with dealing with other companies. Scribe Software seems to be good people to partner with.

Scribe Insight may seem expensive up front but in the end it's a solid, cost effective ETL solution.

Primarily integrating our ERP system and a number of other internal systems with Microsoft Dynamics CRM. The Scribe CRM adapter makes this a relatively simple process.

Scribe Insight review by <span>Matt P.</span>
Matt P.

"Full featured integration software "

What do you like best?

The software is great for linking two completly different systems and performs data translation as part of its sync/transfer process.

I like that you can test a sync process in the workbench with actual data before unleashing it. The adapters for CRM and GP have made it quick and easy to put together a DTS and get started on it.

Message Queues in the console, allow the system to process MSMQ XML messages, but you can also resubmit them to the queues for re-processing with a different label - pretty useful.

What do you dislike?

interface is a little 1990's and could do with a facelift. That said, it does what it's supposed to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are some gotchya's during installation if you dont follow the guide - BUT if you follow the install guide directly, there will be no issues.

Try and work with someone who has already used and implemented the product.

We're using if for clients integrating with Dynamics CRM, SYSPRO, Dynamics GP, SQL Databases, XML files, the list goes on.

It has a lot of little features that make life easy (like being able to monitor a folder for new XML files and then process them on arrival).

Scribe Insight review by <span>Matthew M.</span>
Matthew M.

"Scribing it up!"

What do you like best?

Scribe Insight is easy to use, administer and maintain for our organization. We use it extensively for migration and integration routines to various complex systems. The best part is no coding is required which makes talking to CRM and AX much easier to achieve.

What do you dislike?

The UI for Insight is a little dated and could use a refresh.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Scribe Insight makes integrating business applications easy and non-technical.

Integrating our Dynamics CRM and AX applications so product, customer and pricing information is kept in sync.

By using Scribe Insight we have seen the benefits of having robust connectivity between our business applications and a way of easily finding and troubleshooting any integration issues. The ROI we are realizing by using Insight over say a custom build integration is high.

Scribe Insight review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Scribe Insight - Great Product"

What do you like best?

My favorite feature is the ability to test the DTS results within the Workbench without having to do a full (or partial) data run. This allows development and unit testing to be more efficient. I also like the ability to prioritize publisher messages within the Scribe Console.

What do you dislike?

Some of the newer adapter (or connectors) are only available in Scribe Online. It would be nice to have them available for both products so customers don't need a hybrid environment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are some good white-papers on the Scribe Software website. Consider connection type and number of connections when licensing the product. Also, when planning for data migration-integration, make sure you understand the data volume, frequency and triggers. As well as performance expectations and dependencies.

Scribe is my go-to product for most data migrations and standard integrations. My experience is mostly around CRM-ERP integrations.

Scribe Insight review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"End Customer (Not ISV) Review of Scribe Insight"

What do you like best?

The wealth of functionality at an approachable price point.

What do you dislike?

The UI and some hard to diagnose errors sometimes pop up in integration jobs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Investigate the roadmap to feature parity between Scribe Online and Scribe Insight. Insight is a very useful tool, but I think the incremental attention is going towards the Online product for good reasons.

We solved basic integration into/out of MS CRM 4.X On Premises. Scribe Insight offered the right functionality to handle most of our simple integrations, and the occasional difficult ones.

We have broader adoption of CRM as our platform of choice for a majority of our important business entities. Integration is necessary to do so.

Scribe Insight review by <span>dave f.</span>
dave f.

"great software, does the work and make happy customer"

What do you like best?

you can build complicate integration and synch data across different system. I have clients using through data between CRM, ERP and other third party software.

What do you dislike?

old ui looking, sometime hard to trouble shooting

Recommendations to others considering the product

choose an experienced partner

build real-time data synch between software system. scribe insight does the pretty good job.

Scribe Insight review by <span>Rick W.</span>
Rick W.

"Keeps me employed"

What do you like best?

The user interface, mapping data values is easy.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to see more practical code examples in the user help and formula editors. Currently they just show the parameters and not code samples.

Easily moving data in disparate systems. Straight API and maps to any Dynamics CRM table.

Scribe Insight review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Scribe Insight product review"

What do you like best?

Easy of use and implementation. It is extremely efficient to get data migrations and integrations build, tested and deployed.

What do you dislike?

Outdated interface and not enough focus on Insight product updates vs. Scribe Online

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very quick to market for Dynamics CRM but not necessarily all Dynamics products

Data Migration and Integration between primarily Dynamics products

Scribe Insight review by Administrator in International Trade and Development
Administrator in International Trade and Development

"Excited to see all it's possibilities"

What do you like best?

I am a BA and see an opportunity to do mappings and integrations without learning deep programming.

What do you dislike?

I am a beginner and don't see anything that I really dislike yet. Maybe when I get good hands on, I will be able to track some issues.

Replicating Data

One way and two way Integrations

General Mappings

Scribe Insight review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"It saved my life."

What do you like best?

the CRM adapter and the way I can manage data.

What do you dislike?

data views. I was not able to delete more than one row at a time. No row concatenation.

We do a lot of data integration from all sort of sources and I don't see how I would be able to do it without Scribe.

Learning about Scribe Insight?

* We monitor all Scribe Insight reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.