Searchmetrics

Searchmetrics: the only global online marketing platform to offer a holistic approach for developing intelligent SEO, content and social strategies.

Work for Searchmetrics?

Learning about Searchmetrics?

Searchmetrics Reviews

Ask Searchmetrics a Question
Showing 24 Searchmetrics reviews
Searchmetrics review by Sarah J.
Sarah J.

"A lot of update issues, too expensive to get so many bugs !"

What do you like best?

Searchmetrics is relatively easy to use. At least to check the basic SEO metrics.

What do you dislike?

The tool obviously provides much more than that. But there's a lack of explanation on it, no tutorial etc... If i had the whole day to sit in front of it, and learn everything about it, I would do. Unfortunately, it's not the case. Also I'm really disappointed by the price, considering the amount of bugs. The main one is an update issue. It happens to me very often that I don't get any metrics for the week. Visibility etc.. just don't update and i have to wait the week after. It's killing me, really ! I'm considering the option to choose another tool now.

We needed a tool to track our progress, it's term of SEO onpage and mobile. I would not recommend it to track some offpage SEO metrics nor SEA or Social.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Searchmetrics
Searchmetrics review by Bartosz G.
Bartosz G.

"The experience of using SM Content Experience"

What do you like best?

Content Experience is the perfect mean to streamlining the communication between the SEO expert and content writer for two main reasons. First: it makes the communication between the SEO expert and content writer much, much easier (up to the point when there’s no longer need to explain all the “why’s” and “what’s.”) Second: it allows content writer to create a megaoptimizable content that will live up to his/her own and Google’s standards both at the same time.

What do you dislike?

The experience of using it is top-notch. Content Experience’s UI and UX maintain what I think is the perfect balance. It is what such a tool should be – and precisely what we are used to expect from Searchmetrics. One’s content writer may not be a SEO expert – but using Content Experience will sure make him feel like one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it based on the experience of multiple v. successful implementations.

Content Experience is useful for SEO and for content writing. In fact – it’s so useful that it’s almost hard to believe that we had to wait for it this long. Each & every content writer will find it to be his best SEO friend – one that will accompany him and lead his content right to the top of the search rankings. The SEO expert will also find it much useful (as he will no longer have to micro-guide and micro-manage his colleague content writers regarding the SEO aspects of their tasks).

What SEO solution do you use?

Searchmetrics review by Jennifer K.
Jennifer K.

"Relatively simple to use, but still has problems"

What do you like best?

The simplicity is key. When it comes to SEO tools, some seem to be unnecessarily complicated. This one is simple and straightforward when it comes to keyword search.

What do you dislike?

It's easy to find keywords, but I think it lacks any sort of intelligence. So when I search for a word and nothing comes up, it doesn't recommend another term. I don't believe the program truly knows what keyword I'm trying to find.

Also, the content tool is a bit frustrating to use because you have to take your content out of the program you have it in (be it Wordpress, Drupal, Skyword, Google docs) and put it into the Searchmetrics tool. It then analyzes it based on the words you use, so if you use related keywords enough or too much. Again, I don't see it as being super intelligent in telling me if my content is high quality, only if I have certain words enough times.

We wanted a tool that could go more in depth than the one we were using. Searchmetrics provided a much simpler environment in which to do that.

Searchmetrics review by Sam G.
Sam G.

"Great tool for monitoring visibility & opportunities"

What do you like best?

I come back every week to check the progress of my websites, particularly if Google has released an update. It's possible to track visibility in several countries, with plenty on useful data to spot opportunity keywords. I also like the new feature that shows known Google updates, making it clear how a site was effected. Also enjoy looking through the weekly winners and losers.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to see more filtering, particularly in the keywords spread, making it possible to include/exclude branded terms or folders. I also find that the visibility index updates are not always on an exact day, which can be a bit frustrating when you need the updates to report to your clients.

There are lots of features but I don't think they are promoted enough. I must admit that while I've used Search Metrics for several years, I've never gone further than using it for reporting pirposes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A nice tool with several features to track your progress and build on your strategy.

It's worth keeping in mind that your traffic levels won't always follow the trends seen in the visibility index, so be sure to continue tracking your Analytics.

Search Metrics gives us a good KPI that provides a pretty reliable idea of the state of a website's performance in search. It also highlights any major shifts in keyword rankings, although I've never been able to track positions for a particular list of keywords, but this may be due to the plan I have.

Searchmetrics review by Thiago P.
Thiago P.

"Excellent keyword search tool"

What do you like best?

Searchmetrics offers the most comprehensive tool identify a list SEO focusing on the keywords. It is also good to understand the online visibility based on trends and patterns. It is one of the most powerful SEO tools in the market.

Searchmetrics is a powerful tool for competitors analysis because they have a large amount of data they collected over the years.

What do you dislike?

I really dislike the fact they charge for everything. Even though you are a paying subscriber, you still need to pay for a variety of other things, specially when you want to export data from the system.

Searchmetrics help me identify the best keywords for a SEO campaign. Because they own their data, they are able to provide the best set of keywords for any given campaign.

Searchmetrics review by @ Loren M.
@ Loren M.

"If you are data driven, SearchMetrics is like night vision."

What do you like best?

The data sets available within searchmetrics are the most comprehensive and deep datasets available for enterprise SEO's. Quality of data is critical when performing SEO on large websites, in competitive industries. The customer services teams are very helpful, and really dig into your questions, and become partners in your success.

What do you dislike?

The only negative I see with Searchmetrics is that it can take a few weeks to get familiar with the interface, and learn how to navigate the deep depths of rich data. This process is greatly assisted by a team of great customer success specialists.

There is one element of searchmetrics which I feel could be better and more intuitively setup out of the box. Many users like to just see some pre-populated reports, go get a general baseline of performance. The flexibility and depth of customization offered within the platform is amazing, but it requites a little setup out of the box. While is strategy is desired for more advanced users, its not quite as easy for mid-level SEO's.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't just get a trial, without investing significant time in getting used to the platform. Its a "masters level" tool, and will take you time to get used to it, if you do not have at least a few years of SEO experience.

Business problems abound in enterprise SEO.

How do you know which derivations from architectural best practice are costing you money by relying on paid media channels, or loosing visibility to competitors? I have used SearchMetricis extensively during site migrations, and switch overs to secure search HTTPs: protocols.

My SEO program and intelligence has improved greatly since migrating to searchmetrics from another enterprise level SEO software solution.

Searchmetrics review by Salvatore S.
Salvatore S.

"One of the best crawling and analysis tools in the market"

What do you like best?

It's easily my favorite analysis tool. I can quickly put in any site, both my own and competitors, to get an in-depth look at the important metrics that are driving success or failure, including relevant back-links, ranked keywords, industries, mobile optimization, and more. In addition, I can setup scheduled crawls to track internal optimization and issues that would be concerning, as well as get an in-depth look at the internal linking structure and which pages are most important in terms of page strength. Everything can be added to dashboards for quick views or scheduled email reports for executives, which makes it an all-around useful system. The SearchMetrics Visibility score is by far one of the best features in the tool and helps to recognize issues in organize traffic.

What do you dislike?

The UI interface is quite complex and there are so many areas to get information out of it that it's sometimes hard to track down exactly what is needed or how to get to it. In addition, the UI doesn't always allow the user to sort the information in a way that would be helpful so there's some views that limit what the user can do or see in that view. Some of the tables have columns that can be sorted, but many others don't have that feature so there are challenges with the UI that make it hard to use. Between the amount of information that is there, and the lack of customization in the views, it's one of the only things that can be frustrating about using this powerful tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get the new UI out and make it easier to use.

Internal linking and content optimization are the two biggest areas that we address and this tool provides us with the information needed to get those metrics. This tool is great for identifying pages that are overly linked and wasting link value as well as page that have too many links and need to scale back.

Searchmetrics review by Alicia A.
Alicia A.

"Large Content Site Super-User"

What do you like best?

Time savings is the biggest reason I needed a tool like searchmetrics, and it has delivered. Getting a lot of the analysis out of Excel and V-lookups! Also, the ability to crawl the site and see deeper analysis of the site structure is invaluable. I should also mention that our Account Manager, Daniel has been really helpful when I have to pull together last- minute reports and I didn't think the data was possible to find.

What do you dislike?

My biggest hurdle with rolling this out to other areas of the company and adding additional users is training. The tool is vast. It is vast and it's not entirely intuitive, and the paths we need to take to get to the actionable stuff for our jobs are not always the easiest to find. I'm spending a lot of time on internal training documentation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of the biggest differentiation points for us was the speed to market with new initiatives and the thought leadership with the tool. I think of new things that Searchmetrics can use all of the time, and send them over to my account manager. Neither of us is surprised when they appear a few months later!

Visibility Guard (currently in beta) has saved us thousands of page views thanks to those alert emails, both when a section of the site got deindexed and when over a thousand URLs went to 404 and I needed to troubleshoot them immediately.

I was able to use a combination of the "directories" report and the Content Performance section in the Research Cloud to identify (and correct) when a system error changed thousands of title tags.

I'm also using subscriptions to dashboards to monitor performance of special projects after they are complete, so that I can keep up to date on them, even when I'm not actively touching them every day.

Searchmetrics review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Great for competitive search insights"

What do you like best?

Search metrics does a great job at helping us understand our clients share of voice within the specific industry in the search space. We mostly use the tool for evaluating visibility and size of the prize when it comes to looking at potential value. The link evaluation section is also super robust and allows you to find new opportunities by digging into existing linked pages and anchor text.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to understand better how the SEO value and potential value are calculates and how to shift the needle a little better with actionable insights. It would also be great to be able to build out specific dashboards with task lists so you could track how you are going to achieve specific goals.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Build out additional functionality when it comes to keywords within striking distance and the ability to track specific keywords for any given brand.

We are mostly using this tool to monitor overall SEO visibility for a variety of clients in relation to the Google algorithm updates (another awesome feature). It helps us easily show the client when search algorithm changes are affecting their sites in order to build a case to optimize.

Searchmetrics review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Improves our SEO immensely"

What do you like best?

The keyword optimizer in the content brief. It's really helpful to be able to see how many words we're hitting and how to strategically improve our SEO.

What do you dislike?

The UX isn't very good on the site. It would be better if you could move more easily between the content brief and the topic explorer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Much better than coschedulizer or the similar-type options, but it doesn't focus very much on title. It would be good if that were separately analyzed.

Improving SEO on articles. It helps more than any other platform we use.

Searchmetrics review by Mike B.
Mike B.

"Excellent SEO Productivity and Analytics Tools"

What do you like best?

Rich suite of reports allowing measurement of top KPI's in unmatched. Ability to get views into competitive landscape and ability to view own visibility benchmarked either on a broad or granular scale against those competitors is invaluable. Content optimization tools have allowed adjustment of text content before going live. The constant development of new tools for optimization and measurement is always exciting and the platform is never stagnant. Ongoing customer success calls keep the team involved and learning new ways to use the tools.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes a bit slow to generate reports (not unlike other analytics platforms). Ability to export keyword ranking data is limited by monthly credits. I find that data extremely useful and always use my full credit allocation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Speak to a current user and you'll very likely find strong satisfaction is constant. The customer support and trouble tickets are dealt with quickly and most often solve any issues quickly.

I can't say enough great things about the Searchmetrics customer success team. Precise sales projections based on expected traffic has allowed significant budget for SEO.

Searchmetrics review by Molly B.
Molly B.

"excellent SEO tool for enterprise clients"

What do you like best?

SearchMetrics is a superior tool and a must-have for any enterprise SEO client. I love the ability to have several projects and that you can add endless tags to customize your keywords. It's also great for identifying technical SEO issues as well as content optimization opportunities.

What do you dislike?

It can be a little difficult to navigate at times, but overall this suite is great.

We are improving our visibility for several themes and keywords.

Searchmetrics review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Have you been hit by a Google penalty?"

What do you like best?

Very easy to get a quick and accurate overview of a website's visibility in paid and organic search. Has a lot of complimentary tools in there too (keywords, onpage grader, etc.)

What do you dislike?

The UI isn't very slick. Feels a lot like an in-house built tool rather than something designed from the ground up to do a specific job as a primary business. It's a bit dated, I guess

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm not aware of any tools that do its primary job (search visibility) as well, but there are tools out there that do its complimentary features. And they probably do a slightly better job of them (onpage grading, back link analysis, competitor comparisons, etc)

Very easy to compare drops in visibility with Google updates to help diagnose exactly what the problems are, very quickly! And how well you're doing recovering from such effects

Searchmetrics review by Marianne S.
Marianne S.

"Super Positive"

What do you like best?

The cross-discipline use of the product. There are features for development, design, content strategy, UX, IA as well as SEO and paid search.

What do you dislike?

The product is so robust that I never feel I have complete mastery over the feature set.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Invest in employee training on the product to achieve full value

Giving our clients a 360 view of inbound marketing with a single tool.

Providing competitive landscape information.

Track search engine changes on visibility.

Searchmetrics review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Time Saver for Competitive Analysis"

What do you like best?

The Content Optimization feature allows us to view common traits among the top ranking URLs for a particular keyword. This helps guide our content development and tagging.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see a 'most visited' report link or way to store most viewed options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If reports and segmenting are important, make sure you're comfortable with the process and results.

We are solving the challenge of ranking higher in the SERPs. Greater visibility and traffic has followed.

Searchmetrics review by Ari M.
Ari M.

"Powerful tool for SEO"

What do you like best?

Searchmetrics Suite saves me hours of manual analysis and gives me so much data to work with.

What do you dislike?

There's a lot of information here! I'm looking forward to an upcoming Searchmetrics class to learn how to really get the most out of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've been using it for about 4 months and have completed training. I've found it a good value for the price.

I'm able to optimize my content and keywords very effectively, and solve site issues quickly with the detailed recommendations provided by the program. The customized dashboards and scheduled reporting makes my monthly presentations very easy.

Searchmetrics review by Julie Q.
Julie Q.

"Helpful for keyword search for multipage websites"

What do you like best?

Helpful in find trending keywords and thier current search volume. Also other amalytics data like demographic data is good

What do you dislike?

Cost is bit high compared to other search analyics tools

Mostly use it for Keyword research for client websites

Searchmetrics review by Ryan H.
Ryan H.

"Fantastic tool with an incredible amount of useful data"

What do you like best?

The research cloud is super useful for ad-hoc analysis

What do you dislike?

Occasionally data fails to load and update in dashboards

Recommendations to others considering the product

The data is great and super useful, the support is second to none.

It's hugely helped me raise the profile of SEO internally and I'm able to present reports that any stakeholder can understand

Searchmetrics review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Accurate and timely data and analysis"

What do you like best?

Accurate daily keyword rankings and research areas

What do you dislike?

Analysis provided is limited to keywords in a project only. Pricing package appear very costly on the part of the customer or user with its "per keyword query" rate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Perfect for users whose approach to analyzing and monitoring search data is focused on a small group of high-impact keywords. Highly applicable for near real-time ranking monitoring. Data collected by SearchMetrics is robust which entails cost but very useful for enterprise-level analysis and organic search project monitoring.

Sudden loss in organic search website traffic due to drops or shifts in keyword rankings, or penalties by major search engines (Google, etc.).

Searchmetrics review by Guido M.
Guido M.

"Best SEO Tool on the market"

What do you like best?

You recieve a lot of data and 5 times a week new data. Backlink checker with SPS.

What do you dislike?

No enough long tail keywords more then 3 words. Difficult to learn the software

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes this is the best SEO tool

You can analize any keyword and that''s a realy big advantage on your opponents

Searchmetrics review by Administrator in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
Administrator in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"Best SEO Platform there is!"

What do you like best?

There is so much data, but it is organized in an easy to follow format. Additionally dashboards are super easy to create in the platform. A key feature that searchmetrics has that competitors don't is they crawl their own data which allows them to analyze it in different ways un-achievable with 3rd party data.

What do you dislike?

I'm not able to instruct searchmetrics crawlers to crawl a sitemap.

By utilizing Searchmetrics, we are able to bring our SEO activities in house and have plenty of data to make our decisions on web strategy.

Searchmetrics review by User in Biotechnology
User in Biotechnology

"Does everything, but very technical "

What do you like best?

That you keep being able to get more details as you zoom in on a content area.

What do you dislike?

You need the full and expensive package to set up a complete workflow even though data is the same.

Meeting customers demands and interests.

Searchmetrics review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"SearchMetrics"

What do you like best?

- Receive actionable items

- Conduct competitor research

- Gain insight to search visibility

What do you dislike?

- The UX is not very friendly

- Sometimes the technical issues that are identified are not relevant to the site

Ability to identify site issues and highlight opportunities.

Searchmetrics review by Administrator in Insurance
Administrator in Insurance

"Another happy customer"

What do you like best?

The platform itself is very simple and easy to use. Customer service is great.

What do you dislike?

Not as such. I am pretty happy with tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will need some one to help setup every thing. Once set-up it is easy to use.

It makes it easy to report on day to day basis.

Learning about Searchmetrics?

* We monitor all Searchmetrics reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.