Searchmetrics

Searchmetrics: the only global online marketing platform to offer a holistic approach for developing intelligent SEO, content and social strategies.

Work for Searchmetrics?
Silisystems seo  2x

Learning about Searchmetrics?

Searchmetrics Reviews

Ask Searchmetrics a Question
Showing 24 Searchmetrics reviews
Searchmetrics review by <span>Sarah J.</span>
Sarah J.

A lot of update issues, too expensive to get so many bugs !

What do you like best?

Searchmetrics is relatively easy to use. At least to check the basic SEO metrics.

What do you dislike?

The tool obviously provides much more than that. But there's a lack of explanation on it, no tutorial etc... If i had the whole day to sit in front of it, and learn everything about it, I would do. Unfortunately, it's not the case. Also I'm really disappointed by the price, considering the amount of bugs. The main one is an update issue. It happens to me very often that I don't get any metrics for the week. Visibility etc.. just don't update and i have to wait the week after. It's killing me, really ! I'm considering the option to choose another tool now.

We needed a tool to track our progress, it's term of SEO onpage and mobile. I would not recommend it to track some offpage SEO metrics nor SEA or Social.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Searchmetrics
Searchmetrics review by <span>Bartosz G.</span>
Bartosz G.

The experience of using SM Content Experience

What do you like best?

Content Experience is the perfect mean to streamlining the communication between the SEO expert and content writer for two main reasons. First: it makes the communication between the SEO expert and content writer much, much easier (up to the point when there’s no longer need to explain all the “why’s” and “what’s.”) Second: it allows content writer to create a megaoptimizable content that will live up to his/her own and Google’s standards both at the same time.

What do you dislike?

The experience of using it is top-notch. Content Experience’s UI and UX maintain what I think is the perfect balance. It is what such a tool should be – and precisely what we are used to expect from Searchmetrics. One’s content writer may not be a SEO expert – but using Content Experience will sure make him feel like one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it based on the experience of multiple v. successful implementations.

Content Experience is useful for SEO and for content writing. In fact – it’s so useful that it’s almost hard to believe that we had to wait for it this long. Each & every content writer will find it to be his best SEO friend – one that will accompany him and lead his content right to the top of the search rankings. The SEO expert will also find it much useful (as he will no longer have to micro-guide and micro-manage his colleague content writers regarding the SEO aspects of their tasks).

What SEO solution do you use?

Searchmetrics review by <span>Jennifer K.</span>
Jennifer K.

Relatively simple to use, but still has problems

What do you like best?

The simplicity is key. When it comes to SEO tools, some seem to be unnecessarily complicated. This one is simple and straightforward when it comes to keyword search.

What do you dislike?

It's easy to find keywords, but I think it lacks any sort of intelligence. So when I search for a word and nothing comes up, it doesn't recommend another term. I don't believe the program truly knows what keyword I'm trying to find.

Also, the content tool is a bit frustrating to use because you have to take your content out of the program you have it in (be it Wordpress, Drupal, Skyword, Google docs) and put it into the Searchmetrics tool. It then analyzes it based on the words you use, so if you use related keywords enough or too much. Again, I don't see it as being super intelligent in telling me if my content is high quality, only if I have certain words enough times.

We wanted a tool that could go more in depth than the one we were using. Searchmetrics provided a much simpler environment in which to do that.

Searchmetrics review by <span>Sam G.</span>
Sam G.

Great tool for monitoring visibility & opportunities

What do you like best?

I come back every week to check the progress of my websites, particularly if Google has released an update. It's possible to track visibility in several countries, with plenty on useful data to spot opportunity keywords. I also like the new feature that shows known Google updates, making it clear how a site was effected. Also enjoy looking through the weekly winners and losers.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to see more filtering, particularly in the keywords spread, making it possible to include/exclude branded terms or folders. I also find that the visibility index updates are not always on an exact day, which can be a bit frustrating when you need the updates to report to your clients.

There are lots of features but I don't think they are promoted enough. I must admit that while I've used Search Metrics for several years, I've never gone further than using it for reporting pirposes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A nice tool with several features to track your progress and build on your strategy.

It's worth keeping in mind that your traffic levels won't always follow the trends seen in the visibility index, so be sure to continue tracking your Analytics.

Search Metrics gives us a good KPI that provides a pretty reliable idea of the state of a website's performance in search. It also highlights any major shifts in keyword rankings, although I've never been able to track positions for a particular list of keywords, but this may be due to the plan I have.

Searchmetrics review by <span>Thiago P.</span>
Thiago P.

Excellent keyword search tool

What do you like best?

Searchmetrics offers the most comprehensive tool identify a list SEO focusing on the keywords. It is also good to understand the online visibility based on trends and patterns. It is one of the most powerful SEO tools in the market.

Searchmetrics is a powerful tool for competitors analysis because they have a large amount of data they collected over the years.

What do you dislike?

I really dislike the fact they charge for everything. Even though you are a paying subscriber, you still need to pay for a variety of other things, specially when you want to export data from the system.

Searchmetrics help me identify the best keywords for a SEO campaign. Because they own their data, they are able to provide the best set of keywords for any given campaign.

Searchmetrics review by <span>@ Loren M.</span>
@ Loren M.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

If you are data driven, SearchMetrics is like night vision.

What do you like best?

The data sets available within searchmetrics are the most comprehensive and deep datasets available for enterprise SEO's. Quality of data is critical when performing SEO on large websites, in competitive industries. The customer services teams are very helpful, and really dig into your questions, and become partners in your success.

What do you dislike?

The only negative I see with Searchmetrics is that it can take a few weeks to get familiar with the interface, and learn how to navigate the deep depths of rich data. This process is greatly assisted by a team of great customer success specialists.

There is one element of searchmetrics which I feel could be better and more intuitively setup out of the box. Many users like to just see some pre-populated reports, go get a general baseline of performance. The flexibility and depth of customization offered within the platform is amazing, but it requites a little setup out of the box. While is strategy is desired for more advanced users, its not quite as easy for mid-level SEO's.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't just get a trial, without investing significant time in getting used to the platform. Its a "masters level" tool, and will take you time to get used to it, if you do not have at least a few years of SEO experience.

Business problems abound in enterprise SEO.

How do you know which derivations from architectural best practice are costing you money by relying on paid media channels, or loosing visibility to competitors? I have used SearchMetricis extensively during site migrations, and switch overs to secure search HTTPs: protocols.

My SEO program and intelligence has improved greatly since migrating to searchmetrics from another enterprise level SEO software solution.

Learning about Searchmetrics?

* We monitor all Searchmetrics reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.