Secunia CSI

Learning about Secunia?

Secunia CSI Reviews

Ask Secunia a Question
Showing 2 Secunia reviews
Secunia review by Konrad C.
Konrad C.

"A great idea - that can only be improved"

What do you like best?

It does do a lot of the tasks automatically, which is good for a user that would like their program to start at boot, check and do what it's built for, then continue running in the background. Basically, install and forget about it - hoping it will do what it's been promised to do...

What do you dislike?

...but the reality is -- it does not. When run - the program takes over 10 minutes to check if my applications are up to date. Not always it does. Sometimes it hangs while looking like it's still working and checking, connecting to server, scanning the system. In reality it waits. For you to kill the process and run again. For me that was too much as I could only get the promised results after 3-5 restarts of secunia.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have scrolled through miles of forum threads and have tried countless registry modifications but could still not get to the functionalities that Secunia once had. The latest versions made me doubt CSI is heading in the right direction with their development.

Being a security and vulnerability freak, I do not accept that my Javas and Flashes are outdated. Not only that, I keep my eyes peeled for any new versions of software I use. I select my betas carefully, but like to have a choice. I can trade some of the automated features for more freedom and making informed decisions. There are alternatives to secunia that help keeping your computer secure and up to date. I strongly recommend you check them out and use them!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Secunia CSI
Secunia review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"It freezes "

What do you like best?

If it works it's point and click easy. However it rarely did.

What do you dislike?

It froze constantly on a pc with 4 gb of RAM and an i5. That doesn't inspire confidence.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It froze a lot and I couldn't recommend it.

Patch control.

What Patch Management solution do you use?

Learning about Secunia CSI?

* We monitor all Secunia CSI reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.