Security Gateway

Security Gateway

Inbound/Outbound Email Protection from Spam, Viruses and other malware while minimizing loss of sensitive information sent via email.

Work for Security Gateway?

Learning about Security Gateway?

Security Gateway Reviews

Ask Security Gateway a Question
Showing 16 Security Gateway reviews
Security Gateway review by Anthony C.
Anthony C.

"The best of the best.."

What do you like best?

Very easy to manage yet very powerful email security and gateway.

What do you dislike?

No Single Sign on capability. This is important specially if we want to manage one entry point to our system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In today’s business, email is valuable service. I’ve used different email gateway, and Security gateway is the only application that actually provide all the tools I need to protect our mailboxes against spam, Spoof, and malicious emails out there. it is equipped with all antiSpam tools at your disposal (SPF, DKIM, DMARC and more). MDaemon has been around for more than 2 decades, for me, they are the most trusted company when it comes to email technologies.

Lots of annoying spam, spoof and junks. Logging capability is awesome now, in v6 you can do archive anything coming in and out of this program. 5 years ago, I replaced the company's old email gateway system with SG, and ever since, I've gotten compliments which I owe it to all unsung hero who works diligently to provide us a better, spam free mailbox, MDaemon / AltN!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Security Gateway
Security Gateway review by David P.
David P.

"Flexible, Inexpensive and Efficient "

What do you like best?

I like the fact that you can give domain admins access to their specific domains, global or domain specific functions, and that there are a lot of options for fine tuning. It works well for spam filtering.

What do you dislike?

They need to work with interfacing with 3rd party antiviruses and separate command line functions that can run external scripts against the email before delivery. Also, it REALLY needs an active-active or active-passive high availability without increasing the cost. Lastly, it needs a service/backup/issue monitoring tool that will notify admins if there are problems. When problems do pop up, we have to use a 3rd party tool to recognize them (such as the service dying for no reason) as SG doesn't send us any warnings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend it, however make sure that you don't need to integrate another antivirus product into your gateway product or look at forums for ways to get around the 3rd party antivirus integration issues.

We are filtering our Exchange environment with SG for several domains. It works well and the anti-leak features is fantastic for several companies.

What Secure Email Gateway solution do you use?

Security Gateway review by Anthony K.
Anthony K.

"Excellent edge spam/virus filter for the price."

What do you like best?

Ease of installation, direct integration with mdaemon mail server. Simple and straight forward for end users to check and release any false positives. Ability to modify how often users receive notification of messages that were quarantined or otherwise not delivered.

What do you dislike?

Yearly licensing can be costly especially when a large number is required. Some of the initial setup can be confusing if you are also using built in SPAM protection on an existing mdaemon mail server installation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

MDaemon has options to demo the product, it's definitely worth taking a look at. Quick to setup and easy to use.

Spam and virus detection and prevention. We've seen a substantial reduction in the amount of malicious/junk email, in the neighborhood of 90%.

Security Gateway review by Kevin C.
Kevin C.

"SEcurity Gateway keeps me sane."

What do you like best?

I get an enormous amount of junk mail. Security Gateway filters those out so i don't have to deal with them.They also spot the emails with viruses and weeds those out. It will also track my companies email and stop any spam from being sent from one of my employees email.

What do you dislike?

There's not much i dislike about Security Gateway. I' m certain there are more tools and things happening behind the scenes that i don't know about. If anyone were to show me, I would probably get tired head and not fully understand the behind the scenes stuff. It would be exhausting for me to try to learn all it can do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Security Gateway to anyone with email.

With Security Gateway i don't have to weed through all those emails myself and have more time to do real work. I also don't have the down time due to a virus.

Security Gateway review by Anthony J.
Anthony J.

"This is a great product"

What do you like best?

It cost 1/5th the cost of competitors products

What do you dislike?

I cannot find any dislikes about the product.

We use Security Gateway as an Edge Server to Protect our MDaemon Email Server. The Security Gateway acts as our 'edge' server. We block all internet traffic from MDaemon Email Server and set the Security Gateway in the DMZ.

Security Gateway review by John G.
John G.

"Best email security solution we've found, hands down."

What do you like best?

Very easy to customize to fit our requirements. Most other email security software is a one size fits all type of product. Unfortunately, every company has different requirements, Security Gateway makes an extremely flexible package. That is easy to use and set up.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike. Software works great at what it does.

Using the software to filter out all the junk mail we used to get that would slip right by our Exchange server.

We spend much less time deleting junk and more time responding to legitimate emails.

Security Gateway review by Dave W.
Dave W.

"Great email filtering product, support staff are knowledgeable"

What do you like best?

The flexibility of the filtering rules using the well understood SIEVE language.

What do you dislike?

There are some weird quirks with advanced configurations that aren’t immediately obvious. Sometimes I end up rewriting built-in features in SIEVE to add more control.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start simple, mirror your current configuration and be sure that if your existing mail server has any filtering (in particular SPF, EHLO, IP, etc) you bypass this filtering for mail coming from SecurityGateway.

Email filtering (spam filtering, virus scanning).

"Secure and Safe!"

What do you like best?

With all the important work I do I produce lots of files that require secure and safe connections and storage and having Security Gateway has helped so tremendously with this. No worrying about things getting to the wrong place or ending up in unsecured areas ever again!

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything I dislike about this product so far, it has been excellent!~

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep on in the same direction, it is wonderful to me and so many others I know!

Entering domains, websites, and browsers without worry of hacking. I also use this for any work-related links I am sent to ensure they are not spam/virus containing.

Security Gateway review by jim b.
jim b.

"If security is what you want then you need this....."

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use and the usefulness of what it does for me.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any complaint about anything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have email security need this can fix the problem.

We had security issues and this fixed the perfectly. The benefit has been problems solved !

Security Gateway review by Alexis A.
Alexis A.

"Good product!"

What do you like best?

It's pretty easy to use and it's super user-friendly.

What do you dislike?

I feel it seems outdated and is a little pricy.

It helps keep our emails and internet secure and protected.

Security Gateway review by abhi g.
abhi g.

"administrator"

What do you like best?

it is user friendly. I have been managing 200 nodes and it is quite simple.

What do you dislike?

not really. Sometime i see latency in email delivery.

internet security gateway infrastructure

Security Gateway review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"Security Review "

What do you like best?

It was very easy to utilize and I was able to understand he process to set up step by step

What do you dislike?

I am unable to identified any dislikes with this program at this time.

Ensuring that my computer remains safe and that the information that I receive or send will be secure .

Security Gateway review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Security gateway review "

What do you like best?

keep ownership of your data while preventing loss/leacks. Prevents email threats and data theft. Easy to manage and configure

What do you dislike?

No alerts when issues and necessity to use third party apps and software to complement this product. Set up could be made easier too

Spam/fishing detection and filter, archiving, etc

"Security gateway review"

What do you like best?

It is very effective, i dont have to worry about always running malware checks or making sure it did expire.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if it was a built-in option but other than that there is nothing i dislike

Its keeping us safe from unwanted visitors.

Security Gateway review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"User friendly product"

What do you like best?

Felt easy to use and, according to employer, seemed to catch more for a reasonable price.

What do you dislike?

Seemed to serve the employer's purpose and didn't appear to cause significant issues

Primarily keeping potentially harmful emails and other spam to a minimum at the workplace.

Security Gateway review by User

"Good mechanism for security"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, password protection system, customer car.

What do you dislike?

Cost, design of the front page could be improved

The security of my business has improved.

Learn more about Security Gateway

Security Gateway Videos

Learning about Security Gateway?

* We monitor all Security Gateway reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.