SelectSurvey.NET

ClassApps.com develops and sells online survey software.

Work for SelectSurvey.NET?

Learning about SelectSurvey.NET?

SelectSurvey.NET Reviews

Ask SelectSurvey.NET a Question
Showing 24 SelectSurvey.NET reviews
SelectSurvey.NET review by Administrator

"Great Service"

What do you like best?

Technical service by ClassApps support is first class.

Very quck response and friendly advice every time.

The application is very easy to use and very powerful compared to other packages on the market. Our staff love it.

What do you dislike?

Reporting is verey basic and some users find it hard to export data in the best format for analysing externally.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product just became better with v5

1) Missing built-in project calendar and/or scheduling module for organizing events. For example, ability to define conditions for Automated Survey Invitations to be sent out for a specified survey.

2) Inability to create multiple surveys for the same email address and have multiple surveys linked to a single participant.

3) Inability to create Longitudinal projects where multiple surveys are defined as one project and each survey can be completed any given number of times across pre-defined time-points, which are specified by the developer before data is collected.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SelectSurvey.NET
SelectSurvey.NET review by Sumit A.
Sumit A.

"Select Survey - Easy to Use and Reliable"

What do you like best?

I've used various versions of this program over the past five years and am pleased to see the updates to the most recent version. I like that the program is highly customizable if you have someone familiar with coding/programming.

We've been able to add custom question types, data readout and ensure the tool works with redirect links from third-party recruiting firms.

What do you dislike?

As you get 20-30 pages within a survey things begin to slow down. I've tried 3 tiers of hosting packages and still have not found a solution, which leads me to think this could be part of the software. Its not a deal-breaker, just somewhat of an annoyance when you're in a hurry.

The page conditions (skip patterns) could be a little more intuitive to set up and also review as a whole. They work fine, but I've seen better from competitors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When you set up your hosting, be sure that the company enables 24 hour snapshots of your files. I've had issues in the past where employees has accessed the tool from their phone/tablet and accidentally deleted a survey with responses. Luckily, with the back up and how SelectSurvey is designed you can restore it easily.

We use SelectSurvey to host global market research studies. It has given us the power to bring the service fully in-house for our agency, cutting cost and increase margin in the process.

It is worth its weight in gold just to have the flexibility to program, launch and trouble-shoot research studies on your schedule, 24/7.

What Survey solution do you use?

SelectSurvey.NET review by Trey M.
Trey M.

"I manage the team that supports SelectSurvey.net for the university."

What do you like best?

I like the flexibility of the question types as well as the ability to do advanced branching within a survey. The reporting features give many options for viewing/review the results as well as exporting them for analysis in other tools. The product is hosted locally and has good performance. We've received good customer service from the company when needed.

What do you dislike?

The user interface for authors and administrators is a bit old and sometimes confusing for new users. While moving around in the menus you are often taken back to the full listing of surveys and have to re-select the survey you were working on. We did have a security breach in a prior version and attackers gained access to a system via the product. A patch was issued and resolved quickly.

By using SelectSurvey.net we are able to provide survey services for the entire campus to support students, departments and research activities and avoid the cost of each department paying for separate survey services. Additionally, we have control over our own data which is important for many research projects we host. We are also able to support the product and give training unlike the free services hosted out on the internet.

SelectSurvey.NET review by Fiona H.
Fiona H.

"Decent Tool"

What do you like best?

- Fairly easy to use.

- Allows for basic HTML control.

- Good documentation

- Experience with support services has always been positive.

- Allows for complicated surveys.

- Allows us to drop in Omniture and GA to track traffic.

- Can easily place ad calls on the page to serve up display opportunities.

- Has a variety of data export options.

- Can be used easily by non-digital employees.

What do you dislike?

- Depending on the survey type, it is not always easy to embed in to another site.

- Could use some front end design improvements - allow for basic users (non developers) to create a stronger presentation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the price it offers a lot of value. Not the prettiest but if you need something that is easy to use and is data focused - this works very well.

Customer facing contests and surveys - used primarily to drive traffic and gain opt-ins for marketing purposes.

SelectSurvey.NET review by Frank D.
Frank D.

"SelectSurvey tops for our Health care organization"

What do you like best?

Very intuitive interface. Users are quickly creating surveys within minutes of brief training/overview. Cost is very affordable given the full features available. Also vendor support is great.

What do you dislike?

Reports are sometimes difficult to generate in a user friendly manner. Especially custom reports, the interface is clunky. Also some of the advanced features have little to no documentation (Iso Gant 360 degrees comparison, what?) so it is difficult for me to show others how these features work if I don't know.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this for novice to intermediate level tech savvy users who have some experience creating surveys. Some of our more experienced biostats users/clinicians/ instructors however, find this tool does not provide enough report generation options.

We are giving managers and leaders in our enterprise the freedom to be able to collect data on any number of work situations and variables they face, in a reasonably short period of time. They enjoy the intuitiveness and ease of use, as well as the number of features the application provides.

SelectSurvey.NET review by Kevin B.
Kevin B.

"Flexible survey software, great technical support, fair prices"

What do you like best?

The web survey tools allow great flexibility, ease of use, large number of surveys and they have excellent technical support. From Installation to final reports, they are there to help. I have nothing but good things to say about this product.

What do you dislike?

I would love to run this product on a stand-alone client machine that then uploads it's data to the web database. I wouldn't say this is something I dislike, just that it's a feature I'd love to have. I haven't found anything that I really dislike about this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SelectSurvey.NET offers a wide varity of products and is extremely easy to work with. Creating surveys and deployment is very easy. These take out the pain of surveys. Do yourself a favor and choose this product. You'll be glad you did.

We do managemet surveys utilizing this tool. It offers the best flexibility with a continued realiability.

SelectSurvey.NET review by Charles R.
Charles R.

"Fantastic product; This little tool has lots of features and we use it alot."

What do you like best?

Hosting it ourselves and being able to create as many, as often and as custom surveys as we want. We have the enterprise version with active logic to get email notifications rather that wait for reviewers on hot action items. It is super easy to learn and use.

What do you dislike?

Our only complaint is the number of empty or incomplete survey responses, and we are not sure if they are redundant attempts, actual incompletes or lost data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a full featured survey tool that allows unlimited authors, surveys and respondents, this is a great tool.

We use surveys internally, externally and even have it integrated with our Learning management system to provide a more custom experience for our customers.

SelectSurvey.NET review by Consultant in Computer Software
Consultant in Computer Software

"Feature rich plus customization"

What do you like best?

Quick customer service. Quick customization. Functional product that is easy to use. Absolutely, one of the best attributes of this product is knowing that if you have a question of any kind you will get a VERY QUICK response. Many times the response is not just an email but screen shots that might help with the issue you are having. That is a huge piece of mind and certainly helps with development time and cost.

The company is quick to release new features. The company meets any deadlines established for custom work.

The email feature is very nice in tracking responses.

What do you dislike?

Building custom reports could be a little easier to use. There could be more examples provided on building complex SQL statements in regards to using and passing values. The help documents are a little too generic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have worked with several similar products however, none contains the features, ease of use and the quality of customer service that SelectSurvey.NET does. The customer service team has provided quick responses and I have purchased numerous customizations and in all areas they met the challenge quickly. The features of the product certainly handles complex logic and complex question types.

Collection of data to build a data repository of medical data. Benefits include easy of use and time saving. The repository of data will continue to have benefits for the company and the general public as the data increases throughout the years.

SelectSurvey.NET review by Executive Sponsor in Market Research
Executive Sponsor in Market Research

"SelectSurvey.NET Experience"

What do you like best?

The transparency of the software and the ability to buy the source data allows for easy customization. This allows my team to be innovative and stay above the curve. I have had several programmers work on the tool using the source data and it appears easy to manipulate.

Another benefit is the constant updates to add new question types and functionality. This is a convenient feature.

Finally, the software is easy to use and update. Makes conducting research a breeze.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike much but I guess there are still limitations on question types but the question types I'm referencing are mainly for more advanced research. I haven't had to use customer service in several years but I do recall feeling that they seemed to be shorthanded.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would buy the service plan and source data.

We use the software to conduct research studies for our clients. The big reason is the ability to customize the types of questions we ask for innovative modeling.

SelectSurvey.NET review by Steve F.
Steve F.

"Great features for a good value!"

What do you like best?

We can build/design/deploy practically ANY survey format we could possibly dream up. The flexibility and features are wonderful.

What do you dislike?

It can get a bit bulky and sometimes - for massive projects - it gets a little difficult to manage surveys.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will absolutely not regret taking a look at this product. It's well written, stable, solid foundationally, and performs well!

I've use this product for everything from product reviews and customer satisfaction surveys to gathering primary research for consulting projects and even research for a PHD dissertation. Our clients' needs are broad and vary greatly, so the flexibility of this product has been key for us.

SelectSurvey.NET review by Tim A.
Tim A.

"SelectSurvey.net is awesome"

What do you like best?

Fantastic survey tool set. I am continually amazed at how creative I can be with my surveys. Highly customizable, multiple levels of security, and every feature you could want. I've used SelectSurvey since 2007 and will never go back to surveymonkey or any of the other tools available. It's simply too good to use anything less.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. Setup is fairly easy and if you get stuck the support is first-class.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Installation support is worth every penny and can be a godsend when you have a deadline.

We have created surveys for everything from polling customers, training evaluations, charity event enrollment, seminar enrollment - the list is endless. I've been able to give each survey and/or form a custom look and feel that matches the client's web page (or other style).

SelectSurvey.NET review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Great Survey Tool"

What do you like best?

There are several things I really like about SelectSurvey.NET. One is ease of use. Another is the amount of features available for survey responses. Support is also top notch as well. And you can't beat the price.

What do you dislike?

One of the things I dislike is the export options. Sure Excel is nice but our shop uses SAS and it would be nice to have a SAS data export.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great survey tool! Many more features for a lot less compared to other products that are out there.

I work in the health care research area. We use it for research projects as well as internal questionnaires. It's easy to program and easy to distribute. It's web based and available any where you have internet connection.

SelectSurvey.NET review by Diana L.
Diana L.

"very reliable"

What do you like best?

reliability. Collecting data over a month, it was important that the system not crash.

What do you dislike?

More help on exporting data. I need to print reports and send them. I include the actual questions of the surveys and it would be helpful if I could print those in a format that my team could edit.

Reaching a population for a workforce study that have varying levels of technological literacy skills. This product was very easy for everyone

SelectSurvey.NET review by Brian L.
Brian L.

"Survey Select"

What do you like best?

The thing I like the best is the user support. Whenever I have a question or need assistance of any kind, I always know I will get my questions answered in a timely manner.

What do you dislike?

My only dislike with SurveySelect is the lack of a chart/graph making capability.

I use SurveySelect with my clients to conduct a variety of HR measurements: internal service delivery assessments, employee engagement surveys, HR staff optimization, exit interviews, and HR technology assessments. I am able to use this data to craft insights about the HR organization and its ability to align to the overall strategy of the business. I couldn't do my work without SurveySelect!

SelectSurvey.NET review by Dann I.
Dann I.

"Works great"

What do you like best?

I liked how easy the software was to use. We used the ASP version which was prior to the .NET version. We ran internal surveys at our clients' sites and then exported the data for processing. Great formatting tools and logic. Also, loved the permission controls.

What do you dislike?

The server maintenance and upgrades was a pain. A hosted solution would have been preferred - even with the recurring fees.

Gathering timely data from our clients' staff in an easy and good looking professional format was critical. Select Survey delivered on that in spades. Making surveys easily meant we used the tool more often.

SelectSurvey.NET review by Administrator in Graphic Design
Administrator in Graphic Design

"Easy to Use and Great Customer Service!"

What do you like best?

I like that I can add a file upload option to my forms. They even increased my limit to accept larger file sizes.

What do you dislike?

I think the interface can be improved in terms of look and usability. It seems a little outdated to me.

Select Survey allows file uploads within my forms - I could not find an equivalent in google forms or elsewhere. This feature is very important to my business.

SelectSurvey.NET review by B MOHAN K.
B MOHAN K.

"Very user friendly product"

What do you like best?

The installation manual was so well drafted that we could set up the system in a jiffy. They also shared the source code without any limitations

What do you dislike?

The hosting has to be on Windows platform and hence have to constantly keep the platform updated with the relevant ,NET framework

We were using it to solicit feedback from Ex-employees in an anonymous fashion. The conversion / responses were very encouraging.

SelectSurvey.NET review by Carrie K.
Carrie K.

"Narrow vison of products available"

What do you like best?

Easy set up and use was not cumbersome, however we did have an IT team in house for assistance.

What do you dislike?

A few glitches we had to work through while using it, the initial time there was an issue with it collecting names appropriately but once we figured out why it all worked fine.

Brand awareness benchmarking and product development testing. Survey for clients, etc.

SelectSurvey.NET review by Nick M.
Nick M.

"No longer a user"

What do you like best?

I liked not using Survey Monkey! Some of the functionality on SS was good, along with the ability to customise.

What do you dislike?

We had major database problems that led to a loss of data and significant man hours to resolve it. SS support were less than helpful. This was a couple of years ago, however.

We run a research agency.

SelectSurvey.NET review by Rudy R.
Rudy R.

"Developer, administrator and I support the product."

What do you like best?

1. Ease of use.

2. Easy install.

3. Easy for users to pickup quickly. Less time on support.

What do you dislike?

Can't think anything I dislike. All around great product.

Many different state agencies use surveymax to gage performance.

SelectSurvey.NET review by Radovan M.
Radovan M.

"Perfect survey software"

What do you like best?

The best of this software is administration of users accounts and easy deploy of surveys

What do you dislike?

I dislike the little bit problematic localization of this software.

marketing research for the students thesis.

easy and user friendly surveys

SelectSurvey.NET review by User in Machinery
User in Machinery

"Very Versatile product and easy to use."

What do you like best?

easy to use with lots of features and options

What do you dislike?

Can get overwhelming to a new user at first.

Used for Internal and external surveys. Customer Satisfaction has increased with easy to use surveys to provide much needed feedback.

SelectSurvey.NET review by Consultant in Accounting
Consultant in Accounting

"Surveys for business"

What do you like best?

It allows for sophisticated surveys at a very reasonable price.

What do you dislike?

Some features need improvements, but are being addressed

Business client feedback on trends in the transaction industry. Have obtained insights to the dynamics currently in market.

SelectSurvey.NET review by Consultant in Research
Consultant in Research

"Simple and cheap"

What do you like best?

Simple and cheap license for everybody at the office

What do you dislike?

Export function to Excel is buggy. This could be improved for simple reporting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check the competition...

Simple round robins. "Quick fixes".

Learning about SelectSurvey.NET?

* We monitor all SelectSurvey.NET reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.