- Easy record and playback: The recording and playback are very easy with just a click of a button. It's very helpful while running multiple application together. You can easily switch back and forth.
- Intelligent field selection will use IDs, names, or XPath as needed: You are not limited to write complex XPaths to select fields but can use HTML field id and names to select the fields.
- Autocomplete for all common Selenium commands: I like this feature, but they should provide autocomplete for other selenium commands as well to make it handy.
- Walk through tests: Since you can see the script also in the IDE, it helps to walk through the test.
- Debug and set breakpoints: Indeed an extremely useful feature, to debug an application.
- Save tests as HTML, Ruby scripts, or any other format: Not limited to any particular scripting languages, selenium IDE provides support for many scripting languages.
- Support for Selenium user-extensions.js file: This is one of the very useful features. You can use the user-extension file to build your own custom actions. Selenium IDE documentation provides a good guild to build actions.
- Customization is very easy.
- Runs in many browsers, such as Firefox, Chrome, IE.
I experienced, its hard to write and execute a script on HTML canvas element.
I would certainly recommend Selenium IDE to people who want to perform UI testing.
We are using Selenium IDE to perform UI testing.