Semaphore

Semaphore is a hosted continuous integration and deployment service for open source and private projects.

Work for Semaphore?

Learning about Semaphore?

Semaphore Reviews

Ask Semaphore a Question
Showing 40 Semaphore reviews
Semaphore review by Barry H.
Barry H.

"The fastest testing service"

What do you like best?

Semaphore is the fastest service of its kind. This is the main advantage of this service. I can notice an excellent documentation that helped me sort out and solve any problems. I also like the ability to run tests in parallel. And the most important thing is customer support - the fastest response that I ever received. I also liked the ease of setting.

What do you dislike?

The main disadvantage is its price, but for this speed is not a big claim. Just a little, not a user-friendly interface. Now it is convenient to work with it, but for the first time, it completely confused me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is really the fastest service. You will save quite a bit of time. Try and see for yourself.

We have a large team and several large projects. Parallel execution is just a godsend for us. Since testing takes quite a bit of time, we can run several assemblies and save a lot of time.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Semaphore
Semaphore review by Bryan T.
Bryan T.

"overall best ci esperience"

What do you like best?

Awesome user experience. Everything about using Semaphore is great. Adding projects, servers, managing teams, etc. It's too often that the user experience is overlooked when dealing with tools that are so heavily trafficked by developers. It's also fast, and always kept up to date, and easy to integrate with other services. I also like their blog articles.

What do you dislike?

I can't really think of anything to dislike about the product. The price is competitive with similar offerings, though after comparing with others head to head, we chose Semaphore and have not been sorry. I did reach out to their HR department once and did not get a reply. Oh well! :)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try first, and compare it to other products. See if it works for you. Ask them for help if you need it.

We needed to move away from managing our own Jenkins, so we looked at managed CI/CD solutions. Semaphore fit the bill in every way and was easy to set up. I just love it. Using it, and more properly said, making full use of the platform, we reduced build time from ~ 16 minutes to about 4.

What Continuous Integration solution do you use?

Semaphore review by Leanna W.
Leanna W.

"Powerful CI"

What do you like best?

I have been using different CI for a long time. The configuration of your PC is very important for these services, but the old CI did not use all the power of our server. We had only one problem while using Semaphore and the support worked at the highest level, our problem was solved very quickly. By the way, support is fast as in the paid plan and in the free.

What do you dislike?

The base platform of some services is very outdated. I have a problem when installing MySQL, because of obsolete plugins. Until now, there are some important functions that competitors have long had.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The program has an excellent free plan. Support, even for a free plan, works amazingly. The simplicity of service and excellent support make your choice.

Our team moved to Semaphore with CircleCI. We were immediately surprised by the speed of work. Tests are performed almost twice as fast. Now we save a lot of time and concentrate on more important functions.

Semaphore review by Jack H.
Jack H.

"The premium CI experience"

What do you like best?

It's just a good ole product. Fast as lightnin', easy to organise projects and teams, a great user experience... the list jus' goes on and on. I'd be writin' all day if I had the time - but sadly I don't. As an added bonus, the product is made in Serbia - that's a country in South Eastern Europe that I'm very fond of.

What do you dislike?

I mean I'm speaking from the management perspective, so I'd say the pricing is a little strong, esp' when you start getting into the higher tiers. But - they're all more or less the same, these CI tools, so basically they're not going down the 'cheap 'n' cheerful' route which is something I respect fully.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jus' go for it.

It speeds up dev no end - meaning more cash for craft beers and team building trips away! Wahey!

Semaphore review by Varun V.
Varun V.

"SemaphoreCI - The speed we need."

What do you like best?

I have been using different CIs since many months, i have already gone a long path with travis and circle, then i saw SemaphoreCI and i was like, let's try this too, and too my astonishment, semaphore was ez pz to set and a lot faster than the other CIs and the way it shows job log is just perfection.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when the job log gets a bit longer, semaphore fails to show the log of 1 or more of the commands, rest everything is up to the mark, considering the free resources they provide.

I don't have any business, i use semaphore largely to get my android apps and kernels built, they just get built lightning fast, my kernels used to take around 15-20 minutes on travisCi but on semaphore it takes atmost 10 minutes to get compiled and uploaded.

Semaphore review by marty j.
marty j.

"Good for personal/small scale projects because of price and ease of setup, but low reliability."

What do you like best?

The price is far cheaper than travis and makes the product perfect for prototyping an app that requires a lot of iteration. Additionally I found several useful guides for integrating the service with AWS / Firebase, which made the setup process fairly quick.

What do you dislike?

I have seen multiple consecutive days of downtime. While these were apparently the result of an upstream provider, it made little difference to me as the end user, because I simply could not deploy my app. Stability and reliability in a CI service it probably even more important than ease of use and for Semaphore's price I would happily put up with some degradation in UX, in favor of reliability. I make the same tradeoff for other services and find it worthwhile on my shoestring budget.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at the uptime stats and community support consider whether it is worth the tradeoff to you for the price.

I'm prototyping an app and need testing and deployment on every check-in, for which Semaphore is well suited. Additionally I only have a handful of repositories that require check-in, so Semapohre is allowing me to operate on a very low budget while still having all the benefits of quick deployment. Through the published guides I've also discovered AWS tools such as CloudFormation that I did not know about and are well suited to my purposes. When funding it less of an issue however, I'll be likely to move to Travis because of its relatively higher stability.

Semaphore review by Jordi P.
Jordi P.

"Perfect fit for our needs"

What do you like best?

Extremely fast: We compared the perfomance to other 5 CI services, it was the fastest with difference.

No memory problems: We have a kind of big monolith, which was leading to some memory problems in other providers. Always worked well here.

Easy to setup: I took minutes to set it up using 4 box parallelisation. When trying to achieve the same with other CI services (specially the ones yml based), it's always hell.

Manual deploy: You can trigger deploys manually. Sounds stupid, but most of the CI services don't have that option.

Feedback matters: most of the feature requests we asked have actually been implemented

What do you dislike?

Result Artifacts: It would be amazing if you could generate content over an specific folder and this being exposed as part of build result.

Given a project, all of it shares the same setup. If you want to experiment with changing the configuration, you might affect people working on it.

We have several CI/CD pipline working with Semaphore.

We love it because:

* Is Fast

* Is Reliable

* Allows Automatic and Manual deploy

* Is extremly Easy to setup and mantain

Semaphore review by Duc D.
Duc D.

"Brilliant approach to CI"

What do you like best?

Speed, speed, speed. We reduced our build time from 40 minutes to around 10 minutes. Core i7 and huge amount of RAM definitely makes lot lot of different.

We used CircleCI for a while till the day their server kept running out of memory. Common, it's not to test (and then build) bunch of Java apps on 2 (2.4 Ghz) cores and 4GB RAM. 3.8Ghz with 4 ~ 8GB of ram solve everything

Java, no problem, webpack, done at ease. All of that our quality of development completely.

What do you dislike?

Not really dislike but they definitely they can do better with test result / artifact management. Luckily, we rely on Docker for most of things, but it's definitely much nicer if Semaphore can facilitate as well. Others may find struggling when firstly adopting solution

Recommendations to others considering the product

Semaphore doesn't offer much out-of-the-box functionality, you'll may need to apply work-around here and there. But just having powerful rig is already worth a try for you

We work in quite strict environment that takes long time and effort to actually release. To mitigate that, we try to make sure every release is a GO, less regression, less likely to fail a microservice/integrations. That means, we have A LOT OF tests, all of them are heavy duties. Say, integration tests between all microservices, E2E test to most functionalities.

It's used to be 40 mins on CircleCI, and with just 10 minutes now on Semaphore. That's 3 times better development flow

Semaphore review by Ryan J.
Ryan J.

"Solid and easy to use."

What do you like best?

The support has been fantastic since we started using it about 2 years ago. Questions are answered very very quickly and the interface is laid out in a common sense way. I actually love the interface. They aren't trying to make a big deal about it but the lack of visual clutter really makes this a great match for us. It is simple and straightforward. We can easily build complex workflows just like a MakeFile. Docker integration is straightforward and perfect. It has all the features that you would expect and none of the proprietary nonsense that a bunch of other CIs have.

What do you dislike?

I wish their base platform was a little more up to date. I'm not talking about Python or NodeJS which always track the latest version but GCC is a little old and prevents us from using some packages. Specifically `mysqlclient` cannot be pip installed on the platform because it requires gcc-4.9 and the LTS version of Linux they are using only has gcc-4.8. We've gotten around this but it would be great if they could jump that hurdle.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The simplicity and the support make this a worthwhile choice.

CI and testing are how we survive. We do short bouts of development throughout the year and then have ~6 months of no development. Returning to working codebases is critical. Semaphore has made the barrier of entry on this very low.

Semaphore review by Alessandro R.
Alessandro R.

"A perfect solution for our Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment needs"

What do you like best?

What we love of Semaphore are the reliability and speed of the service, combined with a user interface which allows us to distinguish easily between tests and deployment status. Also the customer service is very attentive and replies usually within just few hours. Last point is the infrastructure: all our project tests always worked out of the box without the need of configuring anything on the CI server.

What do you dislike?

They still lack some smaller features like support for .ruby-version file or different status badges for CI and CD. The APIs are also still in Beta, so we couldn't use them fully. We are looking forward to have those features available.

At Renuo we ❤️ to keep our developers life easy and guarantee high levels of quality for our customers. Therefore we always use Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment tools to automate the test, distribution and release of new versions of our software. We used different tools in the past: TravisIO, Codeship, a custom tool, and they always lacked something or were not performant enough. When we used Semaphore, we finally found the tool we were looking for.

Semaphore review by Andrew S.
Andrew S.

"Semaphore is at the automation level"

What do you like best?

As a full-stack developer I constantly dealing with need to speed up processes and functions and automate deployments and processes to focus on things that cannot be automated or require creativity.

Semaphore offers helpful continuous integration (CI) platform and integrates perfectly with Node.js / React ecosystem, I'm currently working. In most cases developers need to show passed tests, tests as requirement.

What do you dislike?

Concurrency with other automated tools eg. one github repo for different test and functions. After Semaphore it is difficult to return to manual tasks and it is necessary to convince everyone else to use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can not say in a few words about practical tool such as Semaphore. It is necessary to read expert articles on specific code topics. Good recommendations from experts. Strongly agree.

Semaphore eases up automated tasks.

Semaphore review by Marek N.
Marek N.

"Fast and robust, great features, fantastic customer support"

What do you like best?

* the machines they use are very fast - we did a comparison of execution time of our suite across a couple of competitors, and Semaphore was significantly faster than the rest;

* good Docker support, built-in AWS ECR integration and flexible configuration - we build our Docker images on Semaphore using available caching capabilities, we run our tests against the built image, we push the image to the ECR and then it's used for deployment, of course triggered automatically;

* even back when we were still using a free plan, customer support was exceptional - quick to respond, helpful, kind and competent.

What do you dislike?

The web interface for navigating between builds and branches could be better - there's a couple of places I always need to think about when using it. Also, the build view is not refreshed consistently - sometimes it's stuck on some setup step in the browser while I can see that my build is done and a deploy was triggered.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a good free plan and the customer support is great, so reach out if you have any problems configuring it.

It allowed us to build the CI/CD pipeline we wanted.

Semaphore review by Kyle C.
Kyle C.

"Easy to set up, easy to use, and scales with your needs. Been a customer for 4+ years"

What do you like best?

The platform is very easy to get going (with the handy Github integration), and the UI gives you what you need without getting in the way. The team is very responsive as well the few times I've had questions. I've also built utilities on top of their API which was quick and seamless.

What do you dislike?

Not much, honestly. I wouldn't mind having the option to use a YAML-based config (like Travis), but that is super minor and something I could probably hack together myself if I cared that much.

I work on a very small dev team, so automation and speed are key. We've completely automated our build + deploy pipeline with Semaphore, and the set up all happened in a single day. We use Slack as our operations center, so the native integration there is a great fit for us.

Semaphore review by Thiago A.
Thiago A.

"Fast and easy to use"

What do you like best?

Semaphore is fast. Building a rails app or an elixir app is pretty fast, running all the tests and doing integrations is faster than Travis + other integration solution, and much cheaper and easier to use.

The interface is clean and simple, and it's very easy to know what is happening or why something failed.

Also, the docker integration is good and being able to encrypt your passwords and env variables is pretty awesome.

I also like the tutorials on the site, they're pretty good and very complete.

What do you dislike?

Maybe have more tutorials about elixir deployment with distillery and AWS integrations.

Sometimes the builds take too long on docker.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just read their well-written tutorials and try to deploy a simple app. If you ever used Travis or CircleCI, you're gonna notice the ease of use.

It won't have as many features as the competitors, but this is a good thing. Most apps don't need all of that added complexity anyways.

Continuous integration, test automation and deployment on AWS. Our other rails apps (older) use Travis and Capistrano for deployment, but our newer apps run on semaphore because it makes it easier to run all the tests and run the deployment.

Also, semaphore is just faster. Our tests run so much faster on semaphore without any tweaking.

Semaphore review by Diogo F.
Diogo F.

"Best CI"

What do you like best?

I think what standout in their service is the user experience, everything is easy to do, adding a new project, setting up build settings, adding team members is just easy and often overlooked by others CIs.

What do you dislike?

Not much to say here, I don't really dislike anything in particular, I've used other services and nothing compares.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I really think this is the best tool for Continuous integration and deployment, ease of use is the best feature.

For us, it's the flow it creates from pushing to our Github and automatically building an running our tests and linters in semaphore and deploying if everything passes. Just makes an awesome user experience.

Semaphore review by Andrew M.
Andrew M.

"Good CI for any type of projects"

What do you like best?

I use Semaphore for my open source projects and for some private automation tasks. The simplicity of this CI gives you the whole range of possibilities to customise what you want.

I've tried alternatives to see which features are provided by other CIs but always return to Semaphore for flexibility.

Additional good word is about open source program support. Semaphore team provide good planes for OSS.

What do you dislike?

It's a bit difficult automate some task like new build configuration creation or preconfigure docker image for build. There are no primitives for such steps and you have to do it by yourself. It's another side of flexibility

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've tried many on cloud CI providers. Semaphore is a good choice even you are independent developer. It's fast, simple and reliable

CI and CD processes can be automated easily with Semaphore. This system have really low entry threshold.

Semaphore review by Kent S.
Kent S.

"Everything what you need"

What do you like best?

I like to start my day Semaphore. Very simple and easy to use that program.No worries to set up it is was super quick. Very great tool. They make work easier.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I dislike. I found that software helpful wor working team. As I said before, the program really works for our development. And all her steps are easy to understand.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great Solution which is work so clear and fast. If you want your working day run more productive, this what you need. Helps your business to be qualificator too.

Working much better as we have our fast feedback.I feel more relaxful than I know that this program works for my needs.Very great delivery process. We like it.

Semaphore review by Ahmed B.
Ahmed B.

"Easy, fast and efficient setup for CI/CD"

What do you like best?

- Fast build and deploy

- Supporting Capistrano

- Setting up multiple branches and servers easily

- Slack integration

What do you dislike?

Setting up branches and servers not that clear even though user interface is great but it makes you feel that it's for view only not for making actions

Recommendations to others considering the product

As software engineer using Ruby on Rails I think Semaphore gives you easy and productive setup for implementing CI/CD and also support Capistrano so you don't need to reinvent the wheel just prepare Capistrano and it semaphore will take you to production

Continuous Integration and Delivery done easily just when push commit to source control

Semaphore review by Ross B.
Ross B.

"The best CI/CD experience I've had yet"

What do you like best?

Semaphore makes it incredibly easy to set up the CI/CD pipeline you need, with great performance too.

The pipeline setup interface is simple and there are constantly minor yet valuable improvements & features being added. We've also found their support team to be very responsive and helpful.

What do you dislike?

There's not a lot I dislike. Fleshing out the automatic test suite splitting technology support in Ruby to include support from Minitest and not just RSpec would be a killer feature addition for us.

Semaphore hosts our high performance CI/CD pipeline for us. We've found Semaphore to have much better performance than all other competitors we've tested.

Semaphore review by Brian D.
Brian D.

"Very easy continuous integration"

What do you like best?

Setup and integration with Github is very easy. There's enough configuration options to get the service running without having to change your application to fit the service.

What do you dislike?

There is a delay for their systems to update the latest releases on core pieces of the infrastructure (language version, database version). Totally understandable, but I have had to work around in a couple of cases when upgrading my application.

Continuous integration server for a Rails application. The server runs on it's own infrastructure so we don't need to worry about it and it's already designed to scale to we can add more resources with no effort.

Semaphore review by Jonathan B.
Jonathan B.

"Most cost effective and well rounded CI solution there is"

What do you like best?

The best feature of Semaphore is the ease of setup. It's a very quick to get up and running with semaphore with out having to learn any special configuration syntax, just simple commands that would work on your local machine.

What do you dislike?

Semaphore sometimes does not cache docker images for common dependencies which can unnecessarily slow down our test times. However, the network speeds are quite fast and this is only noticeable to the impatient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Semaphore is a spectacularly simple solution to setup and is capable of many complex build scenarios. With its docker support, it is very easy to test complicated application stacks. If you need to test against various versions of an environment (e.g. various versions of Node) you might be better off with something like Travis, though the cost will be higher.

We have used semaphore for everything from deploying simple static websites to S3, to running our automated tests against a multi-container dependency docker system and building docker images to deploy to a registry.

We had spent many hours setting up open source solutions to our CI needs but often faced instability far more maintenance costs than we would have liked. Semaphore provides us with a hosted solution for far far less than we would spend on our own custom rolled solution with far more features.

Semaphore review by Jose luis M.
Jose luis M.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Easy to use: It's very intuitive to set up a build and use. Setup a basic build and deployment pipeline is just minutes task.

Flexible: You can create a run your own manual builds also it is possible to install additional packages not included on the current platform.

Great support: The support team always have replied to all my requests in less than 24 hours.

What do you dislike?

It's is not really a dislike but It would be nice to have OSX support

Immediate feedback to the developer team if a build has been broken through Slack and Email

One-click deployments to different environment and servers.

Semaphore review by Michael N.
Michael N.

"Great CI tool"

What do you like best?

We used it because it integrated with BitBucket and worked smoothly. Their servers have all the common services and cache dependencies for faster builds.

They have great settings to only build what you need ensuring builds don't build up.

What do you dislike?

I wish we could skip builds when certain files are added (e.g. changelogs)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a go and see if it'll help your business improve it's quality too.

We want tests run for every change to our system and integration with our pull request process. Semaphore ensures devs can be confident their code changes pass our tests and ensure we aren't breaking features.

Semaphore review by Bruno T.
Bruno T.

"Simple, fast and accept docker-compose.yml"

What do you like best?

The speed is awesome, but the mainly fact of accept docker-compose.yml makes me love this CI.

What do you dislike?

The UX could be better, the design pass the impression that the product is "amateur", but it's not.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give then a try, it's really fast.

I have some tests that should be run with a postgresql database and this may run slowly, the fact of accept docker-compose.yml creates a environment exactly mine and save me much time.

Semaphore review by Christoph E.
Christoph E.

"Great service that helps the development team"

What do you like best?

We tried a few different CI services and Semaphore was by far the easiest to setup. When the tests worked in development, they worked on Semaphore. With other services this was not always the case.

Another great feature is that you can spread out your testing suite over a few different servers that carry out the test suite in parallel.

Wonderful is also the auto-deploy feature that deploys green builds to AWS.

What do you dislike?

When choosing a lot of parallel boxes to run your tests it can get quiet costly.

Continuous testing and continuous deployment. This helped us greatly to improve our development process and roll out more quality code.

Semaphore review by User in Internet

"So fast, it's almost too good to be true!"

What do you like best?

The speed is amazing, after coming from Travis CI where we got used to build speed of 16 minutes per build, having our builds complete in about 4 minutes is an incredible increase in productivity and sped up our development flow 4x!

What do you dislike?

It's tricky to figure out the UI sometimes, it's minimised to the point where it's not giving enough information at a glance. Would be great to see why a build is breaking when you click through to Semaphore as opposed to having drill down to the individual test sections.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it, it's cheaper and faster. You can also trial to convince yourself.

Increase speed of delivering products to our users.

Semaphore review by Maxime L.
Maxime L.

"Great continuous integration tool"

What do you like best?

- Free for open source AND private project up to 100 builds per month

- Easy to configure, with a great doc

- SSH access in case of unexpected problem on a build

- Lots of dependencies available, often updated

What do you dislike?

- The lack of "test build", to at least just check if the setup is correct without spoiling free tokens on private projects

- Navigation is not always fluid, could be a little improved

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start with the free pricing, which may be sufficient for small startup. However, parallel job can be a huge boost and can speed up you integration time and can be really esteemed by your engineer team.

We can now focus on development without be stressed by the legacy code, since our tests check for regression on each commit pushed on our Git repository.

This allows the whole team to check if a branch does not break something and if something is ready to deploy. The communication about if a feature is ready has been improved. By the way, continuous deployment is available, even though we don't use it.

Semaphore review by User in Music
User in Music

"Semaphore just makes testing really easy."

What do you like best?

Simply that you push your latest branch to your git repo and the test suite runs. You can watch the suite run, keep track of every branch that has been committed, and add hooks to notify Slack on success / fail, send coverage reports to CodeClimate. As a member of a distributed team, NY/Texas/Colorado, USA, Brighton, UK having a place that the team can all see the progress of our applications state we can instantly see the state and assist members of the team for problems we can see arising from test failures.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I dislike, It would be nice to be able to be notified or drill down and grab test failures at the time they fail. Rather than waiting 20 mins for our whole suite to run before notifying us. This might be possible with a custom hook however.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it for free with your open source project and give it a whirl.

It's mostly about visibility and if out team can instantly see a green dashboard that gives us confidence that we're rolling out a product that is production standard, and that a red dashboard that give us pause to reflect on code changes before we make anything live.

Semaphore review by Pierre A.
Pierre A.

"Smooth and easy"

What do you like best?

The look and feel, the integration with github and the robustness that it inspires.

What do you dislike?

The navigation between team settings, global settings and personal settings is sometimes confusing.

We are a team of 3 engineers and we rely on Semaphore to execute the code suite continuously in order to review and merge pull requests correctly. Coming from CircleCI, with which we had some issues keeping the test suite in sync with local environments, it's a breeze.

Semaphore review by Daneo v.
Daneo v.

"Awesome service"

What do you like best?

The easy way to configure your pipeline, CVS integration, integration with Heroku and customisability.

I even find it a pitty they don't provide iOS integration, that'd be over the top!

What do you dislike?

The fact that there's no iOS support I guess :)

Not real business problems, but I can imagine the easy and intuitive way can help a lot of people save time on in-house setups

Semaphore review by Bradley H.
Bradley H.

"One of the easiest to use and simplest CI solutions out there"

What do you like best?

I love how simply and easy to use Semaphore is... Whenever I started up a small project I usually default to Semaphore as my CI tool of choice. Other tools may have more features, but 9/10 times I just need a solid, easy to use, quick to set up tool with all the basic features. The price is right too and they're adding new features all the time.

What do you dislike?

As mentioned previously, it's not as fully featured as some of the more advanced tools, but frankly I hardly have ever needed more, except when working for large companies with tens of thousands of tests and teams of 30+ engineers working on the codebase at the same time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want simple, affordable, and easy to use, go for Semaphore. I've only worked on 2 codebases that really required massive parallelism and enterprise level support... I'm sure Semaphore would work with you on that, but I recommend it if you want to get up and running quickly.

Semaphore fills the need for a simple, no frills service to run and monitor my spec suite. I typically work in Ruby/Rails and this is a great service that has always met my needs. Their Heroku integration is nice as well and makes getting up and running as simple as can be.

Semaphore review by Michael P.
Michael P.

"Perfect fit for a small-medium SaaS company"

What do you like best?

Easy to setup, fast, and great integrations

What do you dislike?

Speed of rollouts for language updates can take time, for example versions of Ruby. The team is great with workouts thou.

Cost effective continuous integration and deployment

Semaphore review by Derek E.
Derek E.

"Simple, Fast, Cheap - everything you want out of CI"

What do you like best?

Semaphore is very simple to set-up and is very fast.

What do you dislike?

Semaphore really have nailed it. I couldn't think of anything that I do not like.

We moved to semaphore because we were unhappy with the performance of other CI providers.

Semaphore provided far better performance at a much more competitive price.

I've also been extremely happy with their support - responding to the only issue we ever had in under and hour.

Semaphore review by User in Computer Software

"Wonderful so far"

What do you like best?

Very easy to setup. It's possible to make very complex tests with relative ease. Haven't had a problem with downtime, except for very few occasions that were very short lived.

What do you dislike?

Have run into a few performance issues due to async tests that we didn't think we would have a problem with.

Needed to continually test on every merge to master.

Semaphore review by Olivier S.
Olivier S.

"Excellent"

What do you like best?

Built for speed. Good docs and super efficient compared to other services

What do you dislike?

Email support is great but usually over 24 hours to respond.

Implemented Continuous Integration

Semaphore review by Walmyr L.
Walmyr L.

"Easy to use CI/CD"

What do you like best?

Semaphore CI is fast and super intuitive and easy to use. It also has a great documentation.

What do you dislike?

It only supports GitHub and BitBucket. If I use other version control systems such as GitLab, AWS CodeCommit, or whatever else, I can’t use SemaphoreCI.

No hassle dealing with hosting your own CI/CD

Semaphore review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Internet
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Internet

"Semaphore is Great"

What do you like best?

The best thing of Semaphore is the speed, all other CI does not compete with it!

What do you dislike?

The price for multiple pipeline is not so cheap. With AWS Lambda here, it could be rethink the prices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do a benchmark and you will see it is faster.

My business is about marketplace for Dance. The benefit is the quickly feedback.

Semaphore review by David G.
David G.

"Great product and outstanding support"

What do you like best?

They solve our case scenario to the best stand. They continuously improve their product, with the right pace to carefully choose which feature comes next, avoiding feature bloat. Price scheme works perfectly for us. And last but not least, customer support is outstandingly fast and decisive.

What do you dislike?

Not a single thing. Well, they could write more content to their tech blog, which is already great.

They allow our company to smoothly implement a continuously delivery process.

Semaphore review by User in Fine Art
User in Fine Art

"cool service, confusing UI"

What do you like best?

Easy to configure projects and see the status of builds.

What do you dislike?

The UI is very confusing-- specifically the operation to deploy builds to production. What I want is a button for each potential deployment that pulls the latest successful build and lets me deploy that with one click.

Trying to aggregate CI and deployments for many different apps. It's been okay for this but the deploy mechanism and history are confusing.

Semaphore review by Agency in Internet
Agency in Internet

"A very good CI service"

What do you like best?

The UI is beautiful, the service is simple to configure, and it is free to use for open source projects.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could get more out of the free tier. 100 builds per month can sometimes be too little even for a test prototype project.

It automates and simplifies my deployment process, and keeps me assured that my code is well tested

Learning about Semaphore?

* We monitor all Semaphore reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.