SEMrush

SEMrush

SEMrush is professional software for search and marketing professionals

Work for SEMrush?

Learning about SEMrush?

SEMrush Reviews

Ask SEMrush a Question
Showing 264 SEMrush reviews
SEMrush review by Martin L.
Martin L.

"A Must for Your SEO Stack"

What do you like best?

The range of features, the accuracy of data, the ease of use, and ability to manage dozens of clients'. All of these features make it much easier and faster to do SEO and SEM research, audits, and creation.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike. SEMrush continues to add new features and test out new tools for different types of marketers. I do wish the API was available for all paying accounts, or at least those not on the first tier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There isn't much of a consideration here. You have to use this platform if you're trying to manage clients (or for your own company). SEMrush is a must. They compliment other SEO/SEM tools, so while there might be some overlap in features, they work together.

The list is enormous. We run scheduled website audits for 30-40 clients and our own website; we do keyword research and track the keyword rankings for our clients; we do ideation for content creation, ppc campaigns, etc; we do competitor research; we perform backlink audits; and so much more.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SEMrush
SEMrush review by Chris K.
Chris K.

"SEMRush Used for InHouse SEO and Digital Marketing. "

What do you like best?

The best tools about SEM Rush are the link analysis and and keyword analysis tools. The keyword and link reports, comparisons, and dashboards are very robust in SEMRush so you can get very broad information from dashboards are get very granular with specific back linking or keyword analysis reports.

What do you dislike?

Some of the things I dislike about SEMRush are the suggestions that they provide with page checkerr etc, they are good general guidelines but don't always apply to every situation. Also some of the terminology that they use is way to niche, not even in the SEO world but niche to SEMRush.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you do In-House SEO and Digital marketing I highly recommend using SEMrush. It has great features from both a monitoring standpoint and working standpoint.

SEMRush allows me to have a second opinion when it comes to SEO tools and techniques. It also provides a valuable keyword analysis tool. Additionally, it allows me to build links for local SEO which has been a huge help with local SEO link-building and monitoring. It allows me to monitor my back links in-depth to ensure that I don't have spammy or poor links connecting to my site, and to search for the best place to create new local links.

What SEO solution do you use?

SEMrush review by Andrea S.
Andrea S.

"Very good SEO dashboard - good keyword analysis / awesome customer service / great overall resource"

What do you like best?

Awesome SEO tool. I use it on a daily basis and most other SEO colleagues also use it. You can benshmark your domain with that of competitors - on different levels (PLA/Display Ads/backlinks/rankings). Very usefull and very detailed information.

You can further use it to expand on the keywords and find new related ones with the keyword analysis function. Also good if you want to expand into new markets.

What do you dislike?

There is not a lot you really miss. Updates are not as frequent as they used to be, but the team is always open to suggestions and actively communicating what is about to change and what they are working on.

I am missing a bit the information on big changes to google and what we as end users should keep in mind when optimising the website. This could be a lot clearer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definetly give it a try. Most features are free and a great help.

I know you probably already work with a lot of tools and dashboards. But I could get rid of a few tools and now use SEMRush for it. Love it.

Optimizing our website for search engines.

SEMrush review by Kelsey C.
Kelsey C.

"SEMRush is an easy to use tool"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use to in terms of just dropping in a domain or keyword for quick metrics. I also like that you can compare 5 domains. It has been really easy for me to teach our content strategists how to use the tool, even thought they are not as technically savvy. This was the first tool I learned to use for SEO, and it's definitely easy to catch on as a beginner and you do not need extensive technical knowledge.

What do you dislike?

The dashboards are a bit clunky compared to competitors dashboards and sometimes when I've clicked through the sidebar it has cleared the domain search. I prefer using Ahrefs to this tool because I think the upper toolbar presents your options better and it has an easier user interface with which to interact.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product for the price but Ahrefs is my preference.

General SEO research for writing new content pages on my company's website and looking at keyword gaps compared with competitors. It is very beneficial to see quick results and nice to be able to compare various domains in one view. An SEO tool is necessary when auditing pages on your site or other sites. I use it now internally, but used to work at an agency where I used it on websites in many different industries. It works well across different industries and has not lacked in terms of collecting more bizarre, unique terms.

SEMrush review by Yum Y.
Yum Y.

"awesome tool for everything SEM"

What do you like best?

the multitude of different tools and frequent updates for additonal features is the best on the market. Also especially good when comparing your competitors with you.

Also very usefull for looking at your backlinks, top keywords, site statistics etc.

Use it to find relevant keywords all the time. Do not want to miss it. You can also run a SEO audit on your website . Which is OK useful.

What do you dislike?

The customer service is not as good as I would like. Probably because you are not with the highest plan, the priority isnt the highest for me, but I would still like some kind of fast feedback from a representative for me and my clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try not to overly rely on customer service. I got faster help on reddit than by the reps. Quora is also sometimes helpful

Optimizing our website and the website for our clients for search engines, do audits, and keyword analysis

SEMrush review by Fred H.
Fred H.

"Continuously making content marketing lives easier"

What do you like best?

What's not to like? There are comprehensive tools to make your search engine marketing (SEM) as strong us possible. With organic and paid search insights, you can find ways to align your keyword strategy and PPC strategy to meet your budget and understand what you're up against and, subsequently need to do. Within a keyword, you can analyse the types of content you are up against: long form, white papers, long blogs, video, if the term has PPC copy topped and tailed, if a snippet exists.

This is before I even get into the other tools that allow you to do more: the SEO content template builds you a content strategy straight from a keyword search by analysing what the top SERP links are offering.

What do you dislike?

The paywall is a minor quibble, as software this comprehensive requires investment. However, I think a cheaper cost of entry than $100/month is warranted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ahrefs isn't cheaper and has a less appealing interface and layout. SEMrush is aesthetically pleasing, but you need to be willing to allocate budget to it and to make use of the comprehensive array of tools it brings to the table to recoup that investment. Free plans might suit if you only want 10 keywords to look at; if not, buckle up. Use it right, and it'll be worth it.

Understanding where our traffic generates from, where we stack up against our competitors and how we can overcome this. We're gaining insights on what content is working for competitors, and mapping out how we're going to overcome that.

SEMrush review by Renee P.
Renee P.

"Great Platform For A Small SEO Team"

What do you like best?

I really like the projects you can set up in SEMrush. We have a lot of different solutions so I create projects for each one with specific keywords. Then I used the project dashboard to see how that set of keywords is ranking, trending, SEO suggestions, social etc. I also like that within the project you can see specific landing pages and what keywords are ranking for that landing page.

What do you dislike?

In addition to the projects, there's a lot going on and it's kind of overwhelming. There's a lot you can do in the platform but I haven't found any helpful documentation or videos to help me through the other elements. I had a call and someone showed me the projects but then they just moved on to trying to sign me up for the business account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set up projects - they are really helpful and you can get a lot of detailed information.

I manage our SEO and I needed another tool in addition to Google Search Console. We also didn't want to pay an SEO vendor, so we decided to go with this tool to help track how our keywords were doing. We had an issue with one of our tags and our keywords dropped off completely and I was able to see that this happened because of the charts in SEMrush, and we made the needed adjustments. If we didn't have this tool that could have been left for months.

SEMrush review by Tamara B.
Tamara B.

"A Must-Have for SEO and Web marketers"

What do you like best?

Competitive analysis, definitely. SEMRush lets you compare the results from different websites, so that you can fine-tune your strategy against competitors, both for SEO and SEM.

What do you dislike?

I think it's a bit expensive. I'd like they had some cheaper plans just with SEO *or* adv/SEM tools. I could have the tools I need without paying for things I don't use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I like it and it is a very good tool. But I mainly focus on small businesses, and I often find SEMRush a bit expensive. Plus, I do SEO and not SEM, and I'd pay less for a plan with SEO tools only. I recommend to do a trial first: the keyword and page analysis are amazing and I think they are really helpful when it comes to optimize every page of a website. Plus, SEMRush competitive analysis allows you to compare the SEO/SEM/domain strenght etc. performances of several websites of your choice, so that you can take action and improve your rankings.

I can have a complete view on what's happening in SERPs with my site and with my competitor's and I can generate complete reports in a short time.

SEMrush review by Scott E.
Scott E.

"Excellent all in one tool for SEO and SEM"

What do you like best?

their tools for seo and sem are great, especially the audit tool and campaign tracking. I rely on their customer friendly graphs and competitive intelligence to show customers where they measure up to the competition and where they're performing well. It's really hard to estimate traffic to any particular site, but SEM Rush has some algorithm that calculates it. They also produce great content on their blog and with webinars. They really know who their audience is. I've also found their support to be top notch and are helpful walking you through using the tools features. Campaign tracking and SERP monitoring are also very useful. I've used the site audit feature for years now too.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to dislike anything, but some custom reporting would be nice. Some sites aren't crawled yet. Keyword research feels more indirect and could be more robust like Moz. I wonder how accurate the estimated traffic is, but I feel it's the best competitive info out there. SpyFu also does a great job.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for estimating pay per click traffic, competition, organic traffic, and common keywords. Site audit tool is also super helpful and provides specifics to help the site improve. Competitor comparisons are also exportable. Customer support is great and they also produce great content on their blog.

Mainly we're trying to get business competitive intelligence from SEM Rush. It's great for estimating and approximating PPC spend and traffic.

SEMrush review by Benjamin B.
Benjamin B.

"Great product to support your client work"

What do you like best?

What I like best is the number of tools offered to manage your client work. Two items I rely on weekly are site audits and search visibility tracking. In addition to this, there are tools offered for organic and paid competitor research which are fairly thorough, as well as optimization recommendations and backlink opportunity reports which can be useful, once the necessary setup has been process. Overall, SEMrush has become a fairly robust tool in the past couple years.

What do you dislike?

I get updates from the SEMrush team about how they're improving their keyword research data, however there are still holes in the data when I process reports to get competition levels. Compared to Moz, SEMrush is still behind the curve a bit. I hope they'll continue to make improvements.

From a business standpoint, SEMrush enable me to manage several clients from an SEO standpoint. Automating reports and offering remediation steps is a huge win when it comes to saving time.

SEMrush review by Chad A.
Chad A.

"An SEM tool "oldie", no longer a "goodie" for all SEM Needs"

What do you like best?

If you've worked in SEO/SEM for a good amount of time, then you are likely familiar with the platform and tool-sets and so ease of use is decent. Specifically, the keyword comparison tools.

Platform support is solid, as is there on-site knowledge base/FAQs if you do have questions. Competitive review of GA is solid.

What do you dislike?

Price. Expensive compared to comparable SEO or Paid Search tools (MoZ, Ahrefs, Keyword Spy, SpyFu) that are lower in cost per month and offer more.

Analyzing SERP competition is a bit clunky and other tools have better visualizations.

BETA tools are unusable/unreliable.

Semantic keywords/backlinks database are remedial for 2018.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Evaluate the trial version to see if it meets your company's needs before committing to a $99/mo rate when comparable or superior tools are available at much lower costs.

SERP ranking. Backlink analysis. Keyword research. Site Audits. Link Management. Research.

SEMrush review by Mitch L.
Mitch L.

"The Perfect SEO Tool"

What do you like best?

SEMRush is just one of those tools that you can't live without. They have a very worthy competitor in a similar price range, but where SEMRush takes the cake is on their data for Google SERPs and SERP history.

What I like best is that you can see the entire SERP ecosystem of a website from rankings 1-100. Other tools do this, but SEMRush provides way more data and updates more often than competitors.

They also have multiple beta tools that eventually become fully integrated into the standard tool set. Domain vs Domain was a beta tool that has recently been fully integrated. It's very useful to see how well you stack up with competitors using this tool.

What do you dislike?

My only gripe is that lower tier players cannot white label reports. Monthly reporting is an essential in agency world, so being able to white label and combine the SEMRush reports with other reports would be nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SEMRush continues to innovate and test with their beta tools. If you use SEMRush, expect to keep getting new features!

SEMRush is an all-in-one SEO tool. It helps you save on costs compared to the enterprise tools like BrightEdge and Conductor. The toolsets within SEMRush are robust enough to keep your workflow tidy and the SERP data provides key insights for planning SEO tactics.

SEMrush review by Deepak B.
Deepak B.

"Arguably the most robust SEO tool in the market"

What do you like best?

Absolutely love their keyword research tool. Its phrase and related keywords reports give some really good suggestions and the metrics make it possible to decide upon not just the focus keywords but also some related keywords which make way for a strong keyword strategy. And, the fact that they are building a separate mobile database for keywords is also amazing.

Their SEO content template tool is also a great one for beginners. You have to just put the keyword you want to rank for and the target geo and it will provide you a template to do that. It'll tell you the keywords you need to use in your content and on-page elements and the domains from which you need to rope some backlinks to make your piece rank on the first page.

Also, you would absolutely love their Reports tool. It makes SEO reporting a breeze. The layout lets you bring the data on to the report in the form of tables/graphs/charts with just drag and drop. The only thing that is left for you is to analyze and summarize the data.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing really to dislike about the current features in the tool. But, I would definitely like to see some more tools/features for on-page SEO and content research.

Essentially we use SEMrush to minimize our keyword research time and to track our SEO efforts. The tool has been quite helpful in realizing both these objectives, so far.

SEMrush review by Enrique C.
Enrique C.

"Good tool for analysis of the competition and especially for SEO"

What do you like best?

This tool has many functionalities (and more that are releasing).

The most important for me are:

1) Information on competition keywords and organic traffic.

We can see the traffic of our competition and the keywords that have positioned and what % of traffic takes each one.

It estimates the visits that any website you want to know more information about. It tells you exactly which keywords are the most traffic generated for the web you want, in any language or version of google.

2) Search related keywords

It gives us information about similar words or synonyms.

3) Domain analysis vs. domain

We can make comparisons between different domains.

4) Ranking of the keywords

You can get reports of what words the domains have positioned. Which has won or lost since the last time. Ideal to monitor the evolution and track a website and our competition.

What do you dislike?

In my opinion, the biggest weak point is the estimate of visits made by the tool, which is not reliable at all. I have checked with domains that are making an important advertising investment, and the tool fails a lot in its estimation, giving values ​​much lower than real.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Semrush offers you a trial. Try this tool and see if it is worth the price you will pay for it.

Analysis of the competition for SEO and suggestions of related keywords.

SEMrush review by Ryan W.
Ryan W.

"Saddle up for Strong SEO"

What do you like best?

There are many SEO tools out there but the customer support on SEMrush makes it stand out from the rest. The learning curve for SEO can be high for most people but they have tools and resources to get your website high ranking really fast.

What do you dislike?

The pricing could come down a bit. If the pricing match competitors like SERanking and/or Moz, SEMrush would monopolize the SEO industry.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for an SEO solution to scale with, SEMrush is a bit higher budget but with the return it provides, you won't think twice about the fees.

We use SEMrush to provide metrics on what works best to bring our website to high rankings in Google. They show us which keywords are trending and would rank us high if we used them and it helps us increase the readability of pages.

SEMrush review by Matthew G.
Matthew G.

"Great Tool for SEO & SEM Research"

What do you like best?

The most essential feature of SEMRush working in SEO is measuring our sites' organic rankings for our keywords. The ability to choose a month and view how those rankings have changed over time is great. I love the competitive analysis features of SEMRush, especially being able to view a competitor's paid search keyword list.

What do you dislike?

I wish you could connect SEMRush with Google Analytics or Google Adwords so that the keyword data from SEMRush also had real keyword data from your own analytics/adwords accounts.

Nitpicking but I wish the overall UI was slightly easier to use because a lot of great features get lost. For example, I did not know about the Site Audit and SEO Ideas features until recently.

SEMRush helps us with measurement and optimization of our search engine optimization and paid search campaigns. We have seen better reports, improved organic rankings, and improved paid cost per conversion .

SEMrush review by Melanie D.
Melanie D.

"Great tool for making Performance-Based decisions for SEO"

What do you like best?

SEMrush gives you information on performance of things like keywords, backlinks, traffic, and more, for both yourself, and competitors, so you can make better informed decisions in all of your marketing efforts. You can learn exactly which keywords to use in your posts, web pages, and social media, and you can even find out where your competitors are getting backlinks from. This is helpful when creating a PR plan, or for boosting your SEO.

What do you dislike?

To take full advantage of all it has to offer, you have to go in with a good knowledge of SEO, campaigns, etc. It's not necessarily a tool for beginners.

It helps to optimize your time and effort, because you're able to focus on what we know already works, instead of starting from scratch and relying solely on our own A/B testing.

SEMrush review by Bharath A.
Bharath A.

"Excellent Tool for SEO Professionals"

What do you like best?

Backlink Analytics - It's the best tool in the market for backlink analysis. Besides backlink analytics, I also like detailed site audit and SEO Ideas features

What do you dislike?

The keyword positions are not 100% accurate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's an excellent tool for SEO professionals and pretty much covers all aspects of SEO

I constantly look at backlink analytics to monitor toxic backlinks. I also use SEMRush to look at other backlink metrics such as no. of links, no. of referring domains etc. Beside backlinks, I use SEMRush to see what keywords my competitors are ranking for, common keywords among competitors.

Technical site audit is another excellent tool. It gives comprehensive information regarding on-page issues and technical issues. This tool helped me immensely while migrating our site from HTTP to HTTPS.

I also use SEO Ideas tool that gives me insights on how to improve on-page SEO, get more backlinks etc.

SEMrush review by Yohan A.
Yohan A.

"La mejor herramienta SEO del mercado."

What do you like best?

Es la herramienta definitva para SEO y planificacion de palabras clave, cuenta con una base de datos muy amplia la cual ayuda muchisimo a la hora de hacer un analisis SEO de algun portal. La posibilidad de monitorear el progreso de nuestra estrategia a traves del tiempo es un factor muy importante y las alertas por email cuando hay cambio relevantes son sumamente utiles.

What do you dislike?

La herramienta para analizar el diseño de los sitios carece de informacion relevante y algunas veces reporta issues que realmente no son problemas o que dificilmente se pueden solucionar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Exprimir la herramienta al maximo: Para poder sacarle el provecho necesario se deben pasar muchas horas usando esta herramienta, y podemos estar seguros de que con ella tendremos todo lo necesario para realizar una analisis SEO completo y adecuado para cualquier sitios web.

Analisis y creacion de estrategias SEO para una agencia de E-commerce y marketing digital.

SEMrush review by Jeffrey S.
Jeffrey S.

"Excellent Tool for Ironing Out Website Issues"

What do you like best?

SEMrush has a ton going on, and I mean that in the best way possible. The Website Audit tool is still the bread and butter, being that it allows you to fix pretty much every single negative flag you can imagine on your website. But tools like the social tracker/poster, the On Page SEO Checker, and Link Building center can make any SEO experts life significantly easier.

Everything in the suite is available from other companies as stand-alone software, but in many cases done more poorly. I was able to consolidate several of our monthly fees into a single one with SEMrush without losing any functionality.

What do you dislike?

Like most SEO tools, SEMrush can get you in a ton of trouble if you don't know what you're doing. Many of their suggestions can be risky in regards to rankings, and it isn't uncommon at all to go overboard making changes to get a 100% health score just to realize you have no idea which of them wound up negatively affecting you. It is very easy to wind up with data paralysis with the huge amount of information that winds up being presented to you at once, but it's manageable if you take it one tab at a time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't get bogged down in information, just correct issues one-by-one and before you know it, you'll have a solid grasp of the platform.

SEMrush is an excellent SEO tool that allows us to not only improve our own digital strategy; but monitor our competitors as well.

SEMrush review by Jovan M.
Jovan M.

"Complete PPC & SEO suite for marketing professionals"

What do you like best?

Using Sem Rush new feature Keyword Magic Tool I saves a lot of time to find a search suggestions. Competitor analysis works good with fresh and useful data. They also developed backlink audit tool, which was not before, and it's also works well.

I like their legendary support, they are very accurate with very helpful insights. It happened that my payment had expired by my mistake, they have renewed my account within a few hours. Well done.

What do you dislike?

I using password manager to login, but it happens that they will not accept the password in login fields.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Complete solution for PPC & SEO management.

Beside well developed tools it saves mi a lot of time in reporting, rank tracking audit and keyword research.

SEMrush review by B.J. E.
B.J. E.

"If you aren't following your competitors, you better believe they are following you."

What do you like best?

I love the ability to track keywords vs competitors in specific areas of the country. I work for several urgent care centers in the Philadelphia area and it is great to be able to see how things are going in specific towns, rather than a more worldly or regional view. I am on their several times a day doing keyword and competitor research.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I don't think their "Tracking" matches up with what is actually going on. However, it does give a good general overview. Most of the time it is close, other times It seems way off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Your competitors are tracking you, you should definitely have someone or something keep tabs on them. Not only does this give you a good idea of what the competition is doing, but it'll give you a heads up when their are changes in the Google Search formula.

SEM Rush has allowed me to see how content changes are improving overall organic search. It has allowed me to justify changes to my supervisors, show progress, and they have given me more latitude to tweak with the website.

SEMrush review by Hannah G.
Hannah G.

"SEO Must Have Tool "

What do you like best?

This is a perfect tool to use in tracking your overall SEO and researching what areas need the most attention. The Keyword Magic Tool is the most helpful and really allows you to dive into the deep end of possibilities.

What do you dislike?

I wish that it was slightly more user-friendly. This could also function in conjunction with other SEO tools to allow for even better 360 view of your current success or problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The price is totally worth it and will quickly pay for itself. Definitely try out the Keyword Magic Tool included with the Beta version. I do believe there is a free trial and would try that out first just to make sure it is something you will use on a weekly or even daily basis.

SEMrush has been the roadmap for our priority list. In terms of content, layout and what needs the most attention. We have been able to really dig into how the pages are performing and what issues need to be taken care of. From small minor H1 naming scheme and overall Google Rank, this has been extremely helpful.

SEMrush review by Daniela T.
Daniela T.

"Awesome product"

What do you like best?

Semrush has a lot of great tools to use, I have worked with Digital Marketing since 2011 and Semrush has made my work a lot easier. The customer support is also great and fast. It may be a little pricey for some companies but if you have the time to put it into it, you can pull out some amazing insights! I love the keyword research portion of it, from seeing what competitors are doing with their ads/keywords, and keeping up to date on trends & search behaviours and the cost analysis is great as it helps with planning. The color coded (green for positive change, red for negative change and grey for no change) analytics makes it easy to understand and convey to necessary parties.

What do you dislike?

It does not have a lot of easy to access tutorials or explanation material to show what particular tools do. It is a real hit or miss process and something that you need to learn on your own.

I also dislike the fact that I cannot select which country to do the check on the website. I have a website that is locked for the Danish market only and I cannot use Semrush to run the Audit tool, their customer support responded fast but they couldn't help me with that issue either.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The pricing can be considered high for a small businesses or consultants.

You can buy 1 month, then to cancel the account, and subscribe again when you need to make another SEO audit.

In general Semrush can help anyone learn how to do good quality audits and keyword researches + analytics.

SEMrush review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Excellent tool for competitive analysis"

What do you like best?

SEMrush is really great in things which we did not expect as a marketing team. For one, it delivers when it comes to scanning and pulling out useful competitive data. Sometimes we even end up wondering as a team how SEMrush is able to gather intelligence like this somehow without crossing legal boundaries. It's just amazing--we are able to see competitor ads, trends, traffic, and turn all of this into actionable information. SEMrush is a great overall tool for in-depth SEO work.

What do you dislike?

I wish the interface was cleaner and more modern-looking, but with all of the features they have, this issue is not even worth the worry.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out first and see if it fits your marketing strategy overall. If the price isn't right and you prefer simpler services, you could opt in for other SEO tools in the market.

SEMrush is excellent with providing competitive data, audit and analytics of your own company's site and online presence, and it really helps us figure out in general what steps to take with regard to our overall SEO strategy. It helps us optimize our site in many different areas in order to gain better online presence which we believe can ultimately result in more customers.

SEMrush review by Chris B.
Chris B.

"Great SEO tool that's continually expanding its feature set."

What do you like best?

The interface and feature organization are clear and they've always provided great support. I rarely have to spend time trying to access the data I need or troubleshoot and the built in reports cover most of my necessities.

What do you dislike?

There are new features that I don't need and can clutter up the project dashboards. Typically I have other tools that are specialized for these purposes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best support and great SEO data both trending and snapshot data. I don't use all of the features that are newly released, but I'm consistently impressed with the amount of features that are being created. I've used Moz before (another great tool) and Moz had done a more robust job with analytics and error tracking, but I favor SEMrush for the organic data and the error reports have improved greatly over the past years.

Keyword research/tracking and competitive research are the primary solutions I use SEMrush for. I've compared data across a number of systems and SEMrush has always been consistent for me. I also find the visualizations valuable for identifying areas to drill down, specifically overlapping keyword targets and opportunities.

SEMrush review by Peter K.
Peter K.

"Excellent for Competitive Analysis"

What do you like best?

The SEO Dashboard is easy to read through and digest. The new Topic Research tool is extremely handy when planning blog posts and other content. Our numbers match up closely with what see in Analytics so we are confident in its accuracy. Well maintained with a great amount of information in their database.

What do you dislike?

No 'Global' database option - When looking at keyword analytics, I'd like to see an aggregate global option so I know the actual volume worldwide and not just on Google US. At the very least, rankings would be nice so I can rank countries by volume.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Topc Research Beta tool is excellent - use it.

Keeping an eye on our competitors with accurate performance estimates.

SEMrush review by Miguel P.
Miguel P.

"All-in-one SEO tool"

What do you like best?

SEMrush enables Marketing Managers to SEE what's going on around them. How effective their content efforts are, what's working for the competition, new opportunities to go after, more. And if I have any questions, their support team is very responsive.

What do you dislike?

Of course, pricing could be lower. But you get what you pay for.

At least 60% of our online performance metrics are pulled from SEMrush. SEMrush is the piece that enables our marketing department to know what's working, what's not working, how far we have to go, and opportunities we might be missing. With metrics, it also makes it easier to sell a business case to the rest of my team for additional resources or funding.

SEMrush review by Dustin H.
Dustin H.

"One of the most essential tools every marketer should have in their toolbox"

What do you like best?

The website audit features provide great insights into issues your website is facing. The tool enables users to conduct extensive competitor and keyword research. I like how I can monitor paid, organic, and display ads all from one place.

What do you dislike?

Reporting templates should be easier to use. It would be great if the user created reports could be resized, adjusted, and changed on the fly in an easier way, I would like more drag and drop functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This can be a powerful tool if you have at least a fair level of experience in digital marketing. SEMRush represents the gold standard for digital marketing research tools - you owe it to your business to give it shot.

Monitoring SEO positioning, new/competitor keyword research, and gaining insight into display ads from across our verticle.

SEMrush review by Dean R.
Dean R.

"Ultimate SEO tool. "

What do you like best?

Love all the new feature SEMrush team added over the year. Gap analysis features are my fav. Topic research alongside backlink gaps and keywords gaps are my go to tools to get optimization ideas.

What do you dislike?

Still not a fan of price increase that happened last year. It was a little too steep, Had to look into cheaper solutions at first.

Backlinks index needs improvement but I see it growing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try finding the easter egg hunt thing if it's still available, maybe ask their support.

It guides you through all of the features and shows how to use them, it's very helpful for those who are just starting.

Keyword research mostly. Tracking ow projects develop and finding insights on competitors' sites.

SEMrush review by User

"SEMRush "

What do you like best?

SEMRush provides a high-level overview of keyword performance, especially for organic traffic performance of a specific page. The tool highlights the top rated keywords and indicates when the MSV data was most recently updated, which helps you identify if the MSV is seasonal or not. The new SEO Dashboard, currently in beta, elevates the tool, adding visualization for keyword performance & backlinking status, as well as aggregate performance stats for the prior month. This helps capture a big-picture view of the page in question.

What do you dislike?

Some SEMRush data has a delay, which we've caught only by comparing data available in Google Search Console. For situations in which we are monitoring specific keywords, SEMRush is not the most reliable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd make sure that you can also use Google Search Console if you are doing longterm monitoring of a specific website. If you are using SEMRush to get a quick and informed sense of a particular site's performance, which you may want in a pitch or as you win business, then you'll have what you need.

This helps us get a big picture view of organic traffic health; however, we need to supplement the specific details with Google Search Console.

SEMrush review by Faith B.
Faith B.

"Great SEO Platform"

What do you like best?

I like how much information SEMrush provides. When assessing which listing services are best, I love comparing with SEMrush. I like that there are a lot of breakdowns on the left column, which allow you to really dive into the nitty gritty of each website.

What do you dislike?

The limited views you can see without signing in or on free plan. Also could use more location-based options for comparisons. When it comes to comparing multiple sites based on backlinks, keywords, organic reach, etc., I find there are other sites that work better for what we are looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SEMrush is good for looking at data and analytics on a larger scale. If you're looking for state or city location preferences, it may be best to go with a paid subscription (not a paying user, so don't quote me) or selecting a different SEO option for you needs. For basics, SEMrush and its free option is just fine.

We use SEMrush to see how much traffic certain listing websites are using before signing contracts and viewing how our competitors are doing online. I have enjoyed using this platform to look further into where and how people are using the websites I am researching.

SEMrush review by Alan F.
Alan F.

"Phenomenal SEO Intelligence Tool & Content Creation Advisor"

What do you like best?

SEO Writing Assistant helps create strategic SEO content optimized for mobile or desktop. Ad History to see what competitors have been advertising on Google AdWords. SEO Site Audit for general health and site optimization. The list goes on! Its a must-have tool for amateurs and experts alike.

What do you dislike?

Arguably some of the categories, subcategories and menu placements are counter intuitive, but once you memorize where everything is, its a breeze! Also dislike how SEO Writing Assistant needs to open up a new Google Doc each and every time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is at least one element or tool in this toolkit that you never realized you needed. Even for individuals, its worth the $69/month to have this competitive edge over others in the field.

Our sites SEO health, of course, but also the volume, opportunity and competitive context of our paid search ads. Even for high level social media reporting, SEMRush gets the job done in a fantastic manner.

SEMrush review by Dan S.
Dan S.

"So much to take in, but worth it"

What do you like best?

Continuous industry experience that pushes the limit of the SEM rush tool.

Comparison of Paid and Organic Keyword presence.

Tracking your positioning is a must have, and a great tool.

What do you dislike?

There's only a certain amount of free access. It's comprehensive and requires a significant investment of time to utilise the tools to the needs of your clients or business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's between SEMrush and Ahrefs to my mind, and I enjoy and much prefer the interface, options and scope that SEMrush gives you, be it from the position of an agency or an in-house user. Creating custom reports in the paid version is easy, and you are always in a great position to learn more about your digital presence and keyword recognition through SEMrush's bevvy of tools and analysis. Whilst I don't know if it will get to the next level via social media options, it's foray into the content analysis field makes it even more formidable against up-and-coming competitive software.

Keyword planning, and understanding how we stack up against competitors.

SEMrush review by Nathan C.
Nathan C.

"Great base tool with growing functionality"

What do you like best?

I like the competitive analysis characteristics of SEMrush. Being able, at a glance, to see how our ad buy and organic rankings are compared to others is nice for a pulse.

What do you dislike?

The reports can be a bit cumbersome and the flexibility of the data that is pulled on organic is so so... BUT is definitely getting better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is one of they key software packages that I bring to every company that I have done with with over the last 5+ years. It is part of my tool box when I am expanding any Demand / Content Strategy.

I have been able to more rapidly do keyword research for Organic content ideas along with Paid media content and where to expand in adwords.

SEMrush review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"A SEO Tool To Add to your Arsenal "

What do you like best?

If you are a true SEO or link building expert than you are most likely utilizing multiple tools. SEMRush should be one of those tools. I can set up a project within 30 minutes and have a full backlink audit and ranking reports within 24 hours. SEMRush is a fast tool with a reliable index that has helped me do competitive analysis and reporting for clients worldwide.

What do you dislike?

I wish the tool would provide all country and device reporting. You have to select the type of reporting you want the system to default to. It's just a bit confusing on this part. It would be awesome if SEMRush partnered with Majestic's index -- they would dominate in the SEO tool market!

Monthly reports are generated and can be easily modified with their drop and drag editor. SEMRush uses Google Analytics and Google Search Console to be able to provide reporting in one place. This saves time so that I can focus on the real tasks at hand.

SEMrush review by Nikola J.
Nikola J.

"The now not so obvious choice of an excellent tool for SEO work"

What do you like best?

What I like the most about SEMrush is how precise their SERP numbers are and the amount of suggestions that they provide for SEO improvements. It can definitely motivate you to update some things.

What do you dislike?

I guess I could say that I dislike the delay their database has between refreshes, but that's just because we've been spoiled by Ahrefs and isn't an actual issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You need to know exactly what you need. All of the major SEO tools can do everything, in a nutshell, but one does some things better than the next one. Research SEMrush, Ahrefs and Moz Pro before deciding which one to go for. There are also hundreds of alternative (smaller) tools, but that's probably a harder route to take, as then you'll have to manually put together some kind of a dashboard etc.

With SEMrush you can track all of your keyword positions, as well as research any new ones you want, extract reports to reduce your workload and help out with the clients.

SEMrush review by Administrator in Computer Software

"The Best SEO Tool for Digital Marketing Professionals"

What do you like best?

The details they are giving are very useful. Whether it is organic keywords, backlinks or even optimization ideas, everything actually helps a lot. The best part is, they are upgrading their tool on a regular basis and with useful features.

Talking about the price, the pro account with around $100 is enough for any business or digital professionals.

What do you dislike?

Their support is not appropriate. There is a suggestion box where you can suggest something but I never see any action on those points.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Here you have the option of 14 days trial. So go ahead and explore everything. Add your website as a project to see the data closely.

Their SEO audit is very strong and will help you to know the loopholes in your digital strategy.

It really helps me to understand where my business stands. Even I can compare with other domains.

If you are new to SEO, this tool really helps to understand SEO and other techniques related to it.

SEMrush review by Ryan C.
Ryan C.

"SEMRUSH is an easy to use yet powerful SEM tool"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to use SEMRUSH to do keyword research, competitor backlink audits, rank tracking, site audits, traffic analysis, page metrics, analysis, on page site audits, and more with their SAAS platform. I also like the fact that there are lots of links within the features that allows you to dive deeper into different metrics that will help your data and SEM analysis. It's also one of the most affordable SEM tools today.

What do you dislike?

I didn't like the fact that sometimes SEMrush would crash and I'll have to redo my analysis. It could also be because I've tried to extract dozens of links at the same time. Also, SEMRUSH doesn't allow multiple different computers to be opened. There are times that I'll be working on my desktop and my laptop, and I'll have to login again if I move from one computer to the next. I'm hoping at least 2 computers that are simultaneously logged in would help with this, but I guess it's their way of preventing multiple people accessing the software at the same time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SEMRUSH is a powerful, all in one tool that can help you dominate your niche in SEO and PPC.

Being a professional blogger, it's important to learn how to drive traffic to your own websites. And one of the best ways to drive traffic is through SEO or search engine optimization. Because of the SEO changes in the past few years, it's now more important than ever to be better at what you do. And SEMrush has helped me with that by allowing me to analyze what's working for my competitors.

SEMrush review by Andre P.
Andre P.

"SEMrush for SEO and SEA"

What do you like best?

Its a great tool for SEO and SEA. And you can check Display-Ads too.

What do you dislike?

You can create different "Projects". It is a great deal, but its not so easy to create these projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A lot of functions: seo-analysis, sea-analysis, backlink-check, competitors-analysis and a lot of more. You can use the tool for a great price. And if you need help the SEMrush support will help you right in time.

SEMrush is a fantastic tool for SEO and SEA. You can check your keywords rankings, your url rankings, competitors ranking. And you can check all your search engine advertising ads (google adwords). If you want to check what your competitor is doing in adwords and textads, you can check their creatives (textads) and analysis the data. And SEMrush is not expensive. You can get a really great tool for a great price. And if you have a problem you can write to the supportteam of SEMrush. The support is quick and clear. They want to help you right in time. If you create your own "project" with SEMrush, you can choose a lot of your keywords and the tool will send you an automatic report every week via mail. You can change the Report-Layout if you need the report for a meeting or for your general managers. For me its a must have tool and would use it in every company. If you are not sure about using this tool - you can use the free trail version.

SEMrush review by User in Computer Software

"Extremely robust, vital to our SEO strategy"

What do you like best?

Keyword tracking is very detailed yet simple to set up, people at all levels in our organization know how to access SEMrush to see and export the analytics they need. We couldn't track our progress without it.

What do you dislike?

Hard to find an criticisms here ... if anything I would say there is a learning curve because the platform is so detailed - it can be difficult to pick up right away. As well, some of the features are still in beta.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are taking your SEO and content strategy seriously, you will need a tool like this. If you are just starting your SEO strategy, this might be too robust/expensive for your needs.

We didn't have a way to properly track the trends and success of our SEO efforts prior to using SEMrush. Everything is kept within one tool and we can run hundreds of different reports for different business units. The main thing we track with SEMrush is the keyword rankings for our company as well as all of our competitors.

SEMrush review by Christopher J.
Christopher J.

"Keyword and Competitor Research at its best"

What do you like best?

I use SEMrush to perform keyword and competitive research. I am able to quickly not only review the backlink profiles of my competitors but also research the keywords they rank for.

It is the easiest way I have found to quickly build up that profile.

What do you dislike?

There is a steep learning curve. Also, with any data gathering platform you have to go in with specific questions. If you don't then you will get what I like to call data fatigue. This is when you are overwhelmed with the amount of information and therefore are unable to get actionable insights.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try out the product for free at their website. It is an amazing way to get a good feel for what insights you can gain.

My role is focused on generating qualified leads. To do this I need to build a strong keyword and competitor profile.

SEMrush has allowed me to do this in a very quick manner that I can act on immediately.

SEMrush review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great tool to analyze and improve your website"

What do you like best?

I appreciate the weekly emails on any improvements I can make to my website. They give me great suggestions to check on things and change some things to get better results. They analyze my site on a regular basis automatically so I don't have to do this manually and then I get the email as a reminder.

What do you dislike?

The service is very good but the plans are expensive. There is a lot of information on the page itself so it takes some time to read up on everything and learn the in and outs. Someone with no knowledge will have a hard time understanding everything at first.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The free tool is very helpful in detecting errors in your page and comparing it with your competitors. It is worth trying it out.

Knowing how my website performs in contrast to my competition

SEMrush review by Ankur S.
Ankur S.

"The Complete SEO Toolkit!"

What do you like best?

SEMrush provides me with everything needed for my SEO. From Keyword Research to Competitor Analysis, it has got you covered with the wide array of its product's capabilities. On top of it, the blog and community SEMrush has maintained is beyond phenomenal and adds value to the world, and not just people who pay to subscribe for the service.

What do you dislike?

Everything that Moz additionally provides and is missing from SEMrush is what drives me crazy. The pricing isn't perfect either, given that the cheapest plan is $99/month won't be judicial for everyone to invest that kind of money.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do make sure your team will be able to derive enough value out of the tool.

Competitive business intelligence for Search Engine Optimization and Search Engine Marketing. The most amazing benefit is how Inbound can drive an insane amount of business for you.

SEMrush review by Steve W.
Steve W.

"There is No SEO without SEMrush Insights"

What do you like best?

Our team lives and breathes within SEMrush for helping discover keyword opportunities for a full taxonomy build out based on competing domains, and for pulling individual page insights against competing page-level URLs for content optimization. However, our favorite feature is the dashboard insights that help us understand paid, organic and high level traffic estimates. With Keyword Planner moving to broad ranges, smaller businesses simply can't live without the data SEMrush is able to collect.

What do you dislike?

Our team loves intersecting link opportunities from tools like Ahrefs and really wish SEMrush would get it together on being able to pull intersecting keyword opportunities automatically. Not that we don't like pulling organic data ONE URL AT A TIME and then running a pivot table for each new page we are putting an outline together for (sarcasm), but it sure would save us a lot of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely explore all the other platforms out there as it's been over a year since we've seen any of the updates alternatives have made. That being said, most of my peers still use SEMrush so there's something to be said there.

Our team attempts to discover what keywords we should emphasize on a given page to help search engines know what's important about the page and rank it appropriately in search results. If the top 20 ranking pages in Google all use a common set of search phrases, which of those phrases receive the most search volume? So much valuable insight in SEMrush, we really can't live without it.

SEMrush review by Katie H.
Katie H.

"Search Rankings Made Easy"

What do you like best?

My company does custom analytics tracking and reporting for all of our clients. My favorite feature is that I can create separate "projects" for each client and keep every project separate. This holds all of the data in one place on one simple platform.

What do you dislike?

There are several tools still in the "beta" mode and some tools don't function as well as I'd like. On the flipside, some tools I really like but they don't stick around because they didn't make it through the final beta phase.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a robust tool that helps you build out custom reports for your clients, this is one to consider. It's been great for our digital strategy efforts and has a great support staff.

We're able to track website analytics, keyword rankings, visibility, search volume, and so much more. The best part is that it's all being tracked on one platform and I can do a simple competitor analysis right within the program.

SEMrush review by Administrator in Tobacco
Administrator in Tobacco

"Great SEO tool for tracking keywords for your website and competitors "

What do you like best?

I use this tool for tracking keywords for your website and competitors. I also use it to help me determine what keywords to go after to gain some more SEO juice. In addition we use the web crawl feature which give me some great technical insight on my website pages.

What do you dislike?

Recently there has been some dramatic changes to the keywords that are attributed to our site and a large shift in estimated organic traffic which I am not really seeing on our end with search console or analytics. Which make me unsure of the accuracy of these numbers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a quality SEO monitoring tool at a low cost SEM rush will be one of your best options.

This helps us with tracking or organic search and and various organic keyword ranks.

SEMrush review by Tamra R.
Tamra R.

"great product for SEO research and action"

What do you like best?

It's user friendly and super actionable i recommend it to many folks starting down the SEO pathway.

What do you dislike?

Some things are confusing and the knowledge base lacks enough depth to help define those confusing pieces.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a really effective tool. you do need to have some basic understanding of SEO and it helps to be tech savvy. But it is easy to learn and can be a very helpful tool.

SEMrush is the basis for our companies SEO strategies... although it's not the only tool we use to accomplish this feat it definitely benefits us. It allows us to do in depth competitive analysis and make gains within our SEO goals. It also allows us to track our website health making sure we take care of errors quickly. this is a huge benefit to us as it ensures our users experience on our site is a good experience.

SEMrush review by User in Luxury Goods & Jewelry
User in Luxury Goods & Jewelry

"Great service for specific purpose"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and ability to track traffic and search metrics for sites where you do not have control of Google Analytics is an invaluable tool for my work.

What do you dislike?

There are some limitations to the tool - specifically in terms of tracking traffic. Some websites track too low to be reported on SEM Rush, and the reporting can be unreliable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I used SEMrush at a previous company, and recommended it to our current organization, where we use it frequently. It has served its purpose in both corporate applications.

SEMrush allows us to compare apples to apples across a broad network of websites we do not manage. It is an invaluable tool for understanding how these sites are ranking for search, specifically on keywords relative to our brand. It is also helpful for determining if a business is running paid search or not.

SEMrush review by Gary L.
Gary L.

"Lots of actionable data"

What do you like best?

While I'm still new to SEMRush, I find that it provides a great deal of actionable insight, quickly, and easy to navigate way.

What do you dislike?

While I haven't bought into the top-tier of the product yet, it has an annoying way of offering unavailable functionality and prompting for you to pay for those extra goodies - everywhere, all the time. I understand up-selling, but this product takes it to a new level.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Assume you are going to end up with the top-tier, highest-priced option.

I am able to quickly assess the search engine profile of customers and their competitors, diagnose problems, and layout actions to improve my client's position.

SEMrush review by María S.
María S.

"Semrush"

What do you like best?

Thanks to semrush you can obtain data on the keywords by which users come to your site in addition to the positions you get for those keywords. SEMrush can be useful to know what the competition is doing, what keywords it uses, what positions it obtains, what approximate traffic it has, how much it invests approximately in SEM ... At the time of making reports it is very useful since you can obtain graphs of all the above comparing different websites.

What do you dislike?

All data obtained are approximate, they are not always real, so the information you get is just an idea.

Thanks to SEMrush I can obtain information that helps me to make reports about the competition as well as get ideas to improve other web pages. SEMrush also helps me to know the situation of potential clients and detect needs that they may have.

SEMrush review by Cameron S.
Cameron S.

"Great Tool for Domain and Keyword Analysis"

What do you like best?

The tool is clean, easy to use, and provides actionable results. The ability to monitor multiple domains and keywords is key.

What do you dislike?

The subscription model is a bit confusing - there are too many different "features" that change with each level.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The cost is minimal at first. Worth giving it a shot to see if it meets your needs.

We are able to analyze the traffic we generate in a way that Google Analytics can not. The organic analysis and traffic analysis are extremely useful. Plus, even when we can get some data from Google Analytics, SEMRush displays it in a more consumable fashion.

SEMrush review by Dave C.
Dave C.

"The easiest but powerful SEO tool"

What do you like best?

Unlike Ahrefs, SEMrush is much easier to use. It does an amazing job of showing you the keywords your competitors are ranking for and potential traffic you could gain by writing content on that particular keyword. It gives pretty accurate information about backlinks, as well as competitors and their backlinks.

If feel as though SEMrush delivers on their service and has been instrumental in my websites natural google traffic growth over the years.

Also, my favorite part on SEMrush is their ability to analyze my competitor's Google Adwords campaigns: what they are targeting, their sales copy...all of it.

Furthermore, their blog is amazing and definitely a great resource to go to.

What do you dislike?

The data and information isn't as accurate as others out there and it is a little pricey.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you take the time to learn how to actually use SEMrush. Don't just go after the keyword function. By learning their extra features, you and your team can actually construct a MUCH better campaign adn will get more out of it.

SEMrush has helped me with my SEO. They've helped me to discover traffic generating keywords, understand my competitors and beat them for supremacy in my business sector. It's also helped me to construct much better advertisements on Adwords and has done an amazing job of helping me to craft campaigns that have brought back a positive ROI.

SEMrush review by Jordan L.
Jordan L.

"Best SEO/Keyword tool I have used"

What do you like best?

The reports are awesome, I love how granular I can get with keywords, both organic and paid. The backlink tool is very helpful as well.

What do you dislike?

sometimes the data is dated, like it will show old keywords as ones we bid on when we don't

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool to help you determine keyword strategies and evaluate your market position.

We get more insight into what keywords people are using to find us, we manage our SEO through this tool as well to make sure we are getting the best practices nailed down.

SEMrush review by User in Hospitality
User in Hospitality

"SEMRUsh"

What do you like best?

There is honestly not a lot I like about this platform except for it's ability to automatically track Google updates and record them on reports.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how limited it is for users, so we have to share logins at our company and run into instances where we log each other out and lose work. The URL explorer is also very sensitive to sub-domain/sub-directory structure URLs, so we cannot use it for certain clients. It is extremely difficult to navigate through the system and I only stick with the areas that I know I need. We also run into a lot of tracking issues where all of our client data drops off for a week and it has to be restored, so it slows down our day-to-day.

Tracking client keyword success.

SEMrush review by Laura M.
Laura M.

"SEO metric tracking"

What do you like best?

I love the custom reports and email alerts with site audit updates, it keeps the team on top of a healthy website and constant improvement

What do you dislike?

I could do with more tutorials to make the most of all the tools avaliable

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the main dashboard to set up position tracking and findout which new features you can set up and use.

Also sign up for the webinars for best practice

health of the website, has really improved, competitor keywords and the competition on bidding and their rankings

SEMrush review by Rory C.
Rory C.

"SEM Rush From An Agency Perspective"

What do you like best?

SEMRush is very user friend. The dashboard system works quite well to see at a glance how clients are doing. My favorite feature is definitely the graph that shows keyword visibility next to your competitors. You can easily see how you rank beside them as well as what your visibility is like for your keywords as a whole.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there is not much social integrated into the tool. Although, I know this changed recently so I definitely commend SEMRush for taking steps to continue to grow the tools they have. I also will admit I dislike that, as an agency, we cannot all be logged into the account at the same time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely use the tool. If you want to track how your online marketing is doing, I would definitely consider SEMRush. This tool helps with everything from SEO, AdWords, (now) Social Media, etc. I would say out of all of the tools we use it's one of the most effective on the market.

One of the main business problems we're solving is our own personal site and rankings. It's great to be able to use this tool for ourselves to help us in our endeavors as well. We're a digital marketing agency so it's highly important that we stay on top for (at the the majority of) our keywords.

SEMrush review by Mark C.
Mark C.

"Great multi-purpose tool capable of much more than competitive analysis"

What do you like best?

At the top of my list of reasons why I like SEMrush is using it for competitive analysis. However I also use it for prospect evaluations, SEO keyword analysis/research, site audits, SEO quake for chrome, and API interface to SEMrush database.

I also particularly like it that the SEMrush team does not remain idle - they are constantly adding new features, and beta testing new value add ideas for SEMrush users to get more insights.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike about SEMrush. Whenever I am disappointed that SEMrush doesn't have a particular feature, or discover something that I wished SEMrush had, I suggest it to the team and they are very receptive to new ideas- and including the new features in future versions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are doing competitive analysis for clients or prospects this tool is a must have tool. The API interface is a great way to enhance links to other evaluation tools, but that part is probably is not for technically faint of heart. The site audits are fairly easy to use and exploit, for top level insights and seem to have a much greater depth of capability than I have taken advantage of just yet. Site audits are helpful for evaluating key clients, and provides on-going regular emails as to how each site is doing.

SEMrush provides great insight into a prospect's pain areas, and where they might need help. It provides a data driven evaluation, that prospects appreciate when they see how their website is seen from the outside. I believe this tool helps me build relationships with prospects, that improves their confidence in my resources for evaluating their situation and to give them strategic insights.

SEMrush review by Katie C.
Katie C.

"The Best Investment for any Digital Marketer"

What do you like best?

Having almost everything you need for SEO / PPC under one umbrella is absolutely incredible.

What do you dislike?

Not going to lie, it’s a true investment. But I understand that you shouldn’t put a $ sign on productivity. I’ve also had a less than awesome experience with their sales team. But the product? Amazing

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you’re an SEO, you NEED this product.

We do SEO and PPC in the home improvement sector and being able to produce clean, simple reports has proved to be very helpful to communicating success to clients.

SEMrush review by Miren M.
Miren M.

"An effective SEO and SEM tool"

What do you like best?

The ability to have a clear idea of what your campaign impacts are, as well as competitors'. Tracking keywords and seeing what works best, organic searches, reports. Overall, having insights that complement those of other tools such as google analytics.

What do you dislike?

Perhaps the price is a bit high - not that it is not worth it, but small teams may always not be able to afford this tool.

Getting insights from competitors' websites and being able to have data that can be compared monthly.

SEMrush review by Jussi P.
Jussi P.

"I'd need more than 24/7 to use everything SEMrush offers"

What do you like best?

Versatility. It seems there's nothing I can't get help with through SEMrush. The main thing is SEO, but there a whole bunch of other stuff they can help with: brand monitoring, position tracking, backlink audit, SEO ideas., etc.

The tutorial videos are helpful, so take advantage of them. Otherwise the amount of info might be overwhelming at first.

Price is reasonable (we pay about $100/month) for how much SEMrush offers. It might be too much for small business to fork out (and might be that it's even unnecessary if you're a one or two person business), but I wholeheartedly recommend it for larger businesses.

Competitor tracking is very useful, especially because you can see competitor backlinks and use that information to your advantage.

For those who rely on social media a lot, there are also great tools for basic social media analytics.

Just make sure to connect all accounts (Google AdWords and Analytics, Webmaster Tools, social media channels, etc.) to get full use out of SEMrush.

What do you dislike?

Site audit seems to find new problems somewhat randomly at times. If I fix something, it suddenly finds completely new issues that for some reason were not there in the previous audit.

I would also like to get recommendation globally, not just by a geographical location (for example US or Europe). I'm not sure if there are some technological limitations for why this option is not available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You get A LOT of usable information for a relatively low price. A must-have if you want to improve your SEO.

On-page optimization, and SEO improvement in general. Finds broken links, and other SEO issues easily. The backlink audit is also very helpful.

SEMrush review by Dionysios Z.
Dionysios Z.

"Powerful SEO tool"

What do you like best?

* Little to no training needed

* Intuitive user interface

* Webinars and blog posts on how to best leverage the tool & enrich your knowledge in the field

* Competitive positioning map

* Competitor analysis (ads, keywords)

What do you dislike?

I do not trust the data provided too much. Sometimes it seems that the data is a bit outdated and I assume that this is caused due to the fact that there is no direct connection with Google Analytics/AdWords.

Hence, it would be nice to connect SemRush with Google Analytics & Google AdWords so that we can get better data from our own accounts. Also, an integration with a BI tool would be perfect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SEMrush is a powerful and versatile competitive intelligence suite for online marketing, from SEO and PPC to social media and video advertising research. If you are doing competitive analysis for clients or prospects this tool is a must have. The Site audit tool is fantastic for quickly segmenting issues on different parts of our site and prioritizing fixes.

* Website audit for SEO optimization

* Online Competition monitoring

* SEA optimization

* Competitor Analysis

SEMrush review by Jesse B.
Jesse B.

"Best SEM tool. Ever."

What do you like best?

All the data, and the reports and projects feature.

I used as many free tools I could find, moz, similarweb, varvy, and semrush.

Semrush got me to part with my hard earned cash because they had it all. At the time I didn't know about the reporting and projects sections. Now they are one of my favorite features.

What do you dislike?

That is costs money. :) Although I admit it is a ridiculously good price for all it includes.

I want SEMrush to make money though, because they keep creating amazing features and give me access to world class software for the price of one meal a month at Cheesecake Factory:

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stop dilly dallying around and sign up fools! Never regret it.

One way that helped me make the jump was to go in on the service with another freelancer. He gets partial access and split the monthly cost so it was more affordable during the cashflow tight stages of business.

Now that I can close clients and wow them with the information in SEMrush it has paid for itself many times over.

Online information blackout for fledgling business. I sound so knowledgable after a 30 second perusal of my first scan of their business in semrush.com dashboard.

I ask them about their competitors and they are like, "How do you know?"

SEMrush review by Eric S.
Eric S.

"Awesome tool"

What do you like best?

SEMRush is the ultimate tool for an SEO team. It does everything that you need to and more.

What do you dislike?

I understand that Search Console is going to have more accurate data on checking backlinks than any tool, but sometimes the discrepancy is pretty big. It does well enough though that it is still effective

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it. It's worth it.

We use this to monitor ranking positions, track SERP features, monitor competitors, conduct keyword research, monitor site score, and a load of other things.

SEMrush review by Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services
Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services

"The best, well-rounded Swiss army knife for all SEM professionals"

What do you like best?

SEMRush is very good at tracking and displaying ranking and historic ranking data. It's also superb at comparison ranking and venn diagramming competitor keyword matching.

Predictive analysis on search impressions and traffic gained by position, as well as breadth of ranking is very difficult to do - and while SEMRush isnt 100% - but its the best I've found.

Top things I love:

1. Keyword Research - in an instant

2. Domain Research

3. PPC Research made simple

4. Position tracking - by far the best

5. Competitor comparison - by far the best

6. Gap Analysis - this tool is almost immediate at doing this

What do you dislike?

The updates to the position tracking are quite often in backlog but that's understandbly an issue with Google too.

The social media brand management tool is too broad but that's not why I use SEMrush.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get as broad a keyword base and competitor domain list at the start so that you can really measure performance

1. Gap and Content Analysis

2. Opportunity finding

3. Historic performance tracking

4. Reporting simplification

5. Goal and KPI management

SEMrush review by Demond J.
Demond J.

"Great SEO and SEM insight tool"

What do you like best?

Features. SEM rush has features for both paid and organic tracking and sourcing. SEMrush gives you a peak inside of what your competitors are doing well at and you can decide if it's worthy your company going after.

What do you dislike?

Not a lot of fiction around corroborative team tracking and building. You have to build the same report across your teams sign in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is more technical than some tools. You have to know what you're looking for to build it and to search it.

We were lacking on showing up on google organically for keywords our company sells products for. This tool has help with watching are rankings move to better positioning. In addition to organic traffic, this tool has help with with SEM keyword biding.

SEMrush review by Stephen G.
Stephen G.

"Great Tool For Fast, Deep Analysis Using the API"

What do you like best?

Many people don't realise with a llittle bit of practice you can use their API through excel and speed up your competitor analysis.

I don't just mean running a backlink report for a particular website but all of the organic rankings that the site has and competitors who share this organic keyword.Once you set up a template you can simply paste your api key into excel and get it to run thousands of queries in a matter of minutes. You need to be casreful however that you set up your templates with limits ie. you may choose a maximum of 1,000 keywords to analyse for your cllent site so make sure you set this for your competitors as some of your competitors may rank for 20,000 keywords but you want the keywords that match your client. You will then burn through your API credits.

What do you dislike?

The cost of running the API is quite high and you have to top of your credits. I think there should be a number of plans that are less simple analysis and more bulk API analysis costs, as I mainly use the product this way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the only product that you can really do competitor analysis by keyword in bulk with an API. I have used many. AHREFs and cognitive SEO are great for site analysis and backlinking but lack the AdWords analysis and the organic rankings. In SEO besides keyword research you need to know what the client ranks for and it's competitors.

By using the API it is incredibly fast so I am saving time. On top of that you can't really do an organic keyword analysis with say 20 competitors without the API.

SEMrush review by David S.
David S.

"Using SEMrush, My 'Go To' Digital Marketing Tool"

What do you like best?

They are always improving, just check out the change log on the blog and you get a feel for the continual improvements the software is going through. Not just that but the underlying databases had a major update a little while back seeing great improvements within areas such as the UK.

Whether it is on going clients or prospective clients SEMrush is there. Tracking keywords and competitors is easy and projects allow you to (very) quickly audit a site, I've even been able to do this while on the phone with a prospective client, they were surprised when I mentioned a number of quite serious errors on their website they could easily fix! (and yes they are now a client!).

I should also mention SEMrush offline, the company spends a lot of time engaging with the industry, you quickly get a feel that they are always there to help when they can.

What do you dislike?

I think as previously mentioned some wider integration would be good, although within projects SEMrush is now linking in to Search Console, some wider reporting using Google Analytics would be a great time-saver!

Recommendations to others considering the product

See for yourself and take a trail of the software and/or speak with the team to find out more http://semrush.infl.tv/refer/20n-5

Highly recommended to either in-house or consultant digital marketers

Website Audits

Domain reviews

Keyword reviews

Simple, easy and fast. makes tracking client information much easier

SEMrush review by Divyanshu V.
Divyanshu V.

"One Pack Marketing Tool for Digital"

What do you like best?

Does everything from SEO audits to research very effectively and most important accurately. Track rankings, check backlinks and do competitor research.

What do you dislike?

only one user can login at a time. No multiple logins allowed also a bit expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SEMrush is good and easy to use and also provide fantastic data but there are other tool available that also do similar job, so you can test few and then plan your campaign.

SEMrush provides fantastic data for keyword research for your business, do SEO audits of your website along with competitors comparison. You can keep track of the keywords position on search engines

SEMrush review by Cort Tafoya M.
Cort Tafoya M.

"SEMRush's Data Does No Match Up With Actual Data for My Clients"

What do you like best?

Can't say there is much. None of the data matches what we actually do organically or with AdWords. Their backlink feature seems to be more accurate than other software I use though.

What do you dislike?

All of the estimates and analytics. I've plugged in multiple clients to this tool and it's definitely not accurate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has a ton of features besides the competitive metrics, like keyword research, on-page audits and back link analysis. But the fact that they market their competitive tools as accurate makes me not trust the data I'm seeing in other areas.

I was hoping to learn more about competitors, but since it isn't close on my own data, I don't trust the data it shows me for competitors.

SEMrush review by Pete Z.
Pete Z.

"Solid but not without issues"

What do you like best?

Quick, easy visibility into basic statistics. Able to pull high level info for organic and paid traffic, as well as backlinks from a particular domain in minutes.

What do you dislike?

Inconsistent data. Depending on what tool you are using some of the data seems to contradict itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch the webinars from SEM rush as they are very helpful in showing tips and tricks to better utilize the platform.

Easy way to audit a site and fix initial technical errors, as well as track keywords and how the progress.

SEMrush review by Victor I.
Victor I.

"Great for competitors research"

What do you like best?

I'm not a SEO expert, but you have to be able to assess sites and competitors in marketing. SEMruch allows to do exactly this. You just pop in the site and see its stats, backlinks, and general popularity.

What do you dislike?

While the service is great, it doesn't streamline absolutely everything. You still need to know what you're doing. Otherwise you'll only see a slew of weird numbers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The paid version is worth it.

Researching competitor's sites and looking for backlinks opportunities.

SEMrush review by Rebecca C.
Rebecca C.

"In depth competitor analysis and keyword reporting"

What do you like best?

SEMrush is fantastic for comparing domains

What do you dislike?

It can get pricey if you have more than 10 websites to monitor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great not just for competitor analysis, but for analysing Adwords and keyword targeting as well as potential errors on the site.

I can show clients where their gaps in keyword targeting is, and formulate a strategy to move forward with in SEO and SEM . It gives raw data as well as visuals for those not so well versed in it.

SEMrush review by User

"A Valuable Resource for SEO"

What do you like best?

The ability to discover additional data points around keywords and the competitive landscape on which your site plays. Also one of the simplest tools they offer, but offering context around keywords that your direct search competitors also target that may not have been on your own priority list. It's a great intelligence and discovery tool. I find the detailed snapshot of the search landscape surrounding a site to be very informative.

What do you dislike?

Like most intelligence tools, it feels limited by the scope of their reach and data. Like other resources such as Moz, I find it best to rely on several sources of information rather than just a single source, and of course through the scope both Webmaster toolsets. Always hard to trust a single soruce for keyword volume estimates, difficulty metrics, and especially backlink information and volume.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In the context of an agency or for smaller businesses, stick with free version of Spyfu and Moz, because the cost is most likely unjustifiable. But if you're spending a significant budget on campaigns or investing heavily in SEO, it is one of the top resources at your disposal

I mainly used SEMRush from small and midsized business clients in the context of organic and paid search marketing (I've never used their display tools)

SEMrush review by Administrator

"Very good at reviewing competitor websites"

What do you like best?

Being able to see what keywords websites rank for. Building a quick initial review on a prospects website, understanding how they rank and issues they currently have on the website.

Auditing is very easy and quick, plus you can schedule audits with email alerts.

Ranking tool is helpful when comparing competitor rankings and understanding new keywords.

Support is quick and very rarely find any bugs.

What do you dislike?

The cost to have multiple users, it is very expensive. We use SEMRush quickly each day to review websites, maximum time using the tool is 2 minutes each time. However you can only use the software on one computer, the fee to add users is far to expensive. I recommend they allow 2 users be default from the same IP address.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best tool on the market for competitor analysis.

Auditing client websites for issues.

Checking competitor rankings.

Accuracy of the tools is very good, probably the best out of all competitors.

Find the Google activity tool very helpful when discovering algorithm changes.

Been able to understand if competitors use Adwords.

Being able to review a new prospect website rankings.

SEMrush review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Powerful tool"

What do you like best?

With SEMrush, you can get live results and see what is happening on the SERP stripped of personalized data. You can also put in a custom date range and receive results from global pages. The capabilities give you insight on any site and keyword.

What do you dislike?

The search volume for keywords is sometimes inconsistent and there are a lot of features which can make it more difficult to find the data you are looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for large amounts of data on competitors and keywords, SEMrush is the tool for you. The spreadsheets are easy to read, but have a lot of options to filter. Live data is a great help and true search listings are a great way to show managers exactly how you are ranking.

We use SEMrush for analyzing competitors sites and rankings. You can easily see a list of ranking keywords and find out how you stack up!

SEMrush review by User in Higher Education

"SEMRush"

What do you like best?

SEMRush has free a usage option, which is helpful if you're still sorting annual budgets or are trying out other options in the interim (we may even go full version with SEMRush).

What do you dislike?

Nothing - it operates as a basic SEM tool is expected to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've used other products in the past (SEOMoz is a favorite of mine). Once I have the budget approved to make the switch, I probably will. For a basic, free tool SEMRush does just fine. But if you can spare the expense, other tools (and perhaps even the paid, full version of SEMRush?) can be a bit more sophisticated.

We use SEM rush to keep track of backlinks with its Backlink Audit tool, as we have varying sources that we and third party sites link to us through. It's helpful to see which links we may want to be rid of as they are "toxic."

SEMrush review by Claire B.
Claire B.

"Best Competitive Research Tool"

What do you like best?

I look to the site audit section's Total Score for a high-level indication of my site health and to stay on top of errors impacting searchability. I love that I can look at just one dashboard to manage multiple factors related to SEO.

What do you dislike?

The tool is so robust that I'm sure there are features I'm not utilizing

SEMrush makes it really easy to find what keyword your site (or any other site) is ranking for. In short, it makes keyword research a piece of cake.

SEMrush review by User in Higher Education

"The Ultimate SEO Suite"

What do you like best?

SEMrush is by far one of the best, complete SEO suites out there. It boasts a myriad of features, but I personally love the rank checker, the link monitoring tool. It also includes a position tracker which is advantageous for monitoring keyword ranks for new and old domains. The site audit is also a plus as it enables a user to crawl website pages to discover SEOissues such as missing title and description tags, improper XML sitemaps, and more.

What do you dislike?

The pro package which is the least expensive package does not include white labels and branding. It just doesn't make sense why the base model would not include this basic feature that most SEO tools I've used include by default.

SEMrush has been very useful in providing us with a clear indication of our client's performance as it relates to rank improvements and drops, backlink opportunities, and more. The data provided has enabled us to create SEO strategies to improve organic performance and visibility.

SEMrush review by Administrator

"Ease of use and great use of daily insights"

What do you like best?

I like the look SEMRush offers for daily rank tracking (assuming you set it up correctly). It allows you to see day-to-day how your tagged keywords look each day so you now how to adjust your strategy, and stay ahead of the competition.

What do you dislike?

I like that they test a lot of potential functions, but sometimes I feel they offer too many beta functions without much explanation. Would like to see some more tutorials or other language that talks about the new function - maybe some work cases wrapped around that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend setting up projects. Set up several projects to help you provide a well-rounded analysis of your SEO campaigns. It will immensely help you figure it out.

I am solving our competitive market gap problems because I can see those tagged rankings each day. This helps me realize what our opportunities are to close that gap or expand that gap.

SEMrush review by Ryan N.
Ryan N.

"Accessible and Direct Search Insight"

What do you like best?

This tool gives me ability to do quick check ins on site health from a high level. It also provides technical SEO information that can be hashed out with the development team. The ability to track progress over time is essential.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the historic search data seems to be off and we see some instances of false positives on bad backlinks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to consider user seats required.

Having multiple client sites tracked in a single place.

SEMrush review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Useful tool for General SEO/SEM use"

What do you like best?

The tool is extremely simple to use and covers most aspects from a keyword level on SEO and SEM channels. The cost is extremely reasonable to the point that every internal or marketing agency should have an account.

What do you dislike?

I've find myself sometimes using other tools to fill in any gaps that SEMRush might miss.

Recommendations to others considering the product

At its low cost, every marketing department/team should have access to the data that SEMRush provides at a minimum. If you are looking for a more robust keyword level tool, Brightedge or Conductor could fit those needs.

As I stated above, I primarily use SEMRush to complement my company's SEO and SEM needs.

SEMrush review by Brad F.
Brad F.

"Great Tool For My Internal And Client Use"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to compare a client's website to it's competition. This feature is awesome. Enables side by side comparisons on how you are doing vs competitors for key metrics such as back links, SERP Results, Domain Strength, etc. The information I can get on Organic Search, Paid Search and keywords is also extremely helpful to the work I do.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything that I dislike. I think I'd like to be able to create different types of reports, but, frankly, I haven't spent enough time determining the full capabilities in this area.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool. Helps me with my own marketing needs and is a tool I use for client work. The ability to take a client website and analyze / compare it with their competition is a tremendous benefit to me.

SEMRush provides me with information I need to make good recommendation for improvement to my clients.

SEMrush review by Aaron M.
Aaron M.

"SEMrush: Keyword and Data Mining"

What do you like best?

It has the largest keyword database of all the softwares that I've used - larger and more customizable than Google Adwords itself. You can search from different countries or categories for many different keyword types.

What do you dislike?

It is not Google so the data and numbers are estimates and may be skewed. Very useful to analyze for market trends but if you are just using Adwords for lead generation then perhaps the Adwords keyword research tool maybe more relevant.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SEMrush is a good starting point to understand your market and industry trends but do not rely soley on this for your research. Diversify your research!

To find the right keywords/negative keywords to maximize our click value and minimize the click costs. We wanted to be relevant and stay relevant using tools like SEMrush.

SEMrush review by Lee V.
Lee V.

"SEMRush is a versatile tool that any SEO professional should have in there arsenal "

What do you like best?

The competitive research is one of the best out there. I love it's keyword and landing page tracking as well.

What do you dislike?

There's no much.. Though I do have a hard time figuring out the whole disavow portion. When I called, they referred me to their blog, which wasn't super helpful in this one instance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My fav of the competitive set.

SEO landing page improvements. SEM spying on competitors

SEMrush review by Ludovic M.
Ludovic M.

"Monitor the SEO health of your website and optimize your SEA campaigns"

What do you like best?

I love website audit features, that give you an overview of what's going wrong on your website – or the one of your customers. I love also competition analysis, and the overview of SEA features : competition pressure, ads places by competitors, cpc… It's ideal to find niches, to adjust in real time your campaigns and bids, and to align SEO and SEA strategies.

What do you dislike?

Cost and restrictions : 5 projects are not enough for consultants like me. And some features are still in Beta.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not a solution for dummies, more for digital marketing experts, but really powerful. It's quite expensive, but return on investment is high, both for internal use or for consultants or agencies.

- Website audit for SEO optimization

- Online Competition monitoring

- SEA optimization

- SMA monitoring

SEMrush review by Chris G.
Chris G.

"The only SEO tool you'll ever need"

What do you like best?

The wealth of information for basic SEO tactics starting with keyword placements of your domain in search engine results, individual pages keywords placement and link back data.

What do you dislike?

The biggest dislike is a lack of keyword suggestion tool. It would be extremely helpful to have one offering you alternatives to your main keywords.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need an SEO tool to track your website rankings per keywords or to check out your competition SEMRush is the best one. Even as a Chrome-based plugin it does good enough job for basic SEO need.

Tracking my pages ranking per keywords. And scanning competitors ranking while looking for new keyword prospects.

SEMrush review by User in Computer Software

"Great tool for all elements of SEO"

What do you like best?

I've always had difficulty guessing how much traffic my site or competitors are getting but SEMrush is consistently the most accurate.

There aren't as many tools that provide so much visualization when it comes to organic, paid, and referral traffic sources.

I often would used the screen shot visuals during presentations for clients a long time ago because I never thought Hrefs demonstrated keywords and locations as aesthetically.

The backlink list tends to carry more with it over time but it isn't always updated as often.

What do you dislike?

Truthfully the most accurate data is going be coming from sites that have more data. This means there's a lot less and inaccurate data when it comes to smaller and newer websites.

I'm easily able peer deeper into industry publishers which helps from understanding the best types of blog content work the best.

SEMrush review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Create SEO tool"

What do you like best?

SEMrush is a very good SEO tool. The best feature I like is that it provides keyword difficulty to you and that helps me pick which keywords to use.

What do you dislike?

The least feature I dislike from SEMrush is how much traffic a keyword will give. I don't like the feature itself, but for a lot of keywords it will say it doesn't have data for them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider your SEO requirements first before choosing this product.

I am trying to build SEO for my website whateven.com to further expand organic traffic. SEMrush has given me a tool to find related keywords and further expand my keyword pool.

SEMrush review by Brandon S.
Brandon S.

"All The Tools You Need for SEO"

What do you like best?

Host of advanced tools for SEO audits. Local rankings. Keyword research.

What do you dislike?

The menu system is clunky and not intuitive. Would love more localized options for keyword research.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try and you will be impressed with the results.

As an SEO agency, we are constantly doing site audits, checking on local rankings, and searching for new keywords. SEMrush helps us do all those efficiently and effectively.

SEMrush review by Andrew G.
Andrew G.

"SEMrush is a valuable SEO competitor research tool"

What do you like best?

The ability to identify what current rankings a website has.

What do you dislike?

Needs more features for backlink checking and analysis like the Open Site Explorer "Domain Authority" metric.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Helpful product for an online marketing agency or business that wants to identify keywords to target for your website.

SEMrush helps me get a baseline understanding of where my clients websites are currently ranking and what their competition is ranking for. It is a useful tool for finding keywords to target

SEMrush review by Alison Rivera, D.
Alison Rivera, D.

"Essential for SEO!"

What do you like best?

Being able to tell exactly where we stand in the top keywords we want to be searching for. The reports are insightful and the rankings are usually correct. I recommend this to every company I work for and can't imagine trying to do SEO without it.

What do you dislike?

The overall design at first is a bit in your face and confusing. SpyFu is much easier on the eyes in terms of digesting the information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Honestly just do it, it;s kindof expensive but the research and insight you get into your online presence, especially SEO, is priceless.

SEO, Online Marketing, Landing Page design and research

SEMrush review by Jason H.
Jason H.

"SEM tool I can't live without"

What do you like best?

I love the range of tools available in one place. I can run position reports, audits, get content ideas, social media options. I can setup reports to run on keywords or on clients. We love SEMRush!

What do you dislike?

To be honest there is nothing we actually dislike with SEMRush. We find it easy to use and recently spent some time looking at some of the hidden away gems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do't consider it... simply trial it.

As a digital marketing agency we use SEMRush to win pitches and show our clients we really understand their industry, what marketing activities they have done in the past and also what their competition is up to.