SEMrush

SEMrush

SEMrush is professional software for search and marketing professionals

Work for SEMrush?

Learning about SEMrush?

SEMrush Reviews

Ask SEMrush a Question
Showing 431 SEMrush reviews
SEMrush review by Jakub S.
Jakub S.

"SEMRush Makes You Look Smart"

What do you like best?

The Backlink Analytics tool can provide lengthy lists of competitor's backlinks that can be exported in spreadsheet formats. You can see your competitors backlink strategies including legitimate (blogs, directories) and illegitimate methods for gaining domain and site authority on Google.

What do you dislike?

The issue with all Analytics platforms is that they have, by their nature, a cluttered UI. While SEMRush allows users to customize their dashboards with the widgets of their choosing, it doesn't have a collection of custom-built templates like the Google Analytics Solutions Gallery. In short, use more contrast, negative space, and useful graphics.

SEMRush provides reports on SERP placement, keywords, SEO placement, competitors' SERP strategies, and backlinks. It's an invaluable tool for data which aids in analysis, guides marketing decisions and keeping clients informed of progress in SEO strategies. It was helpful to show the results of a technical audit increased site visibility. Also good for tracking ad and keyword campaigns.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SEMrush
SEMrush review by Sergio R.
Sergio R.

"An indispensable tool in SEO"

What do you like best?

SEMRush has now grown so that it has a feature for pretty much any aspect of digital marketing, whether that's SEO, social and PPC.

The keyword tracking is one of the best elements. Daily position check on a good quota of keywords across your projects is great for quick references/health checks.

The reporting element is by far SEMRush's best feature, especially if you're an agency or company that needs to produce branded reports. The reports are fully customisable and use a simple builder tool to quickly make professional and data-rich reports in minutes.

The SEO audit tool doesn't feel like it's been expanded and improved much in recent years, but it's still one of the best features of the product. It's a pretty comprehensive and descriptive audit that is great for those with no to moderate SEO experience in improving SEO performance.

What do you dislike?

I feel they have become to bloated and lost their focus with the product features. They are trying too hard to be able to everything to some degree, rather than just focus on doing the SEO auditing and reporting as best as they can.

Originally SEMRush was loved by professionals because it was the go-to SEO audit tool, however I feel this is no longer the case. As they have tried too hard to add social, PPC and link metric tools into their product they have been left behind by competitors who can now provide more in-depth onsite audits.

Their position tracking is still as good as can be, although it would be good if they could track other search engines such as Bing.

Ability to keep a close eye on our SEO performance by tracking large numbers of keywords on a daily basis. The ability to create custom and data-filled PDF reports were also highly useful for internal meetings.

SEO auditing for quick glances at potential new issues and alerts of competitor changes.

What SEO solution do you use?

SEMrush review by Mark C.
Mark C.

"Great multi-purpose tool capable of much more than competitive analysis"

What do you like best?

At the top of my list of reasons why I like SEMrush is using it for competitive analysis. However I also use it for prospect evaluations, SEO keyword analysis/research, site audits, SEO quake for chrome, and API interface to SEMrush database.

I also particularly like it that the SEMrush team does not remain idle - they are constantly adding new features, and beta testing new value add ideas for SEMrush users to get more insights.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike about SEMrush. Whenever I am disappointed that SEMrush doesn't have a particular feature, or discover something that I wished SEMrush had, I suggest it to the team and they are very receptive to new ideas- and including the new features in future versions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are doing competitive analysis for clients or prospects this tool is a must have tool. The API interface is a great way to enhance links to other evaluation tools, but that part is probably is not for technically faint of heart. The site audits are fairly easy to use and exploit, for top level insights and seem to have a much greater depth of capability than I have taken advantage of just yet. Site audits are helpful for evaluating key clients, and provides on-going regular emails as to how each site is doing.

SEMrush provides great insight into a prospect's pain areas, and where they might need help. It provides a data driven evaluation, that prospects appreciate when they see how their website is seen from the outside. I believe this tool helps me build relationships with prospects, that improves their confidence in my resources for evaluating their situation and to give them strategic insights.

SEMrush review by Ryan D.
Ryan D.

"Invaluable Tool For Webmasters & Marketers"

What do you like best?

I like the keyword position tracker and the site auditing with the competitor comparisons. It's really useful to see where my website is with a side-by-side comparison with our competition in regards to specific keywords we're targeting. The site auditing tool helps to identify issues with the website that can easily be fixed in order to get a better grade and be more relevant on search engines.

What do you dislike?

Only wish the interface was a little more streamlined and clean. There is a lot of noise on the various pages. Information overload with many tools I either don't know how to properly use (my own fault) or tools that are not useful to me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend using it for keyword tracking and research. It's a great tool for a side-by-side comparison with competitors.

SEO. We're able to track progress with keywords we are going after to see if our efforts are working.

SEMrush review by Logan D.
Logan D.

"Best analysis tool for most everything related to digital marketing"

What do you like best?

Where do I begin? Keyword research, competitive audits, keyword tracking, social monitoring, local listing monitoring are just a few of the things you can do with the tool. It's got pretty much everything you ever need. I particularly like the historical data in the keywords report which allow you to track your historical listings/rankings on a page by page basis.

What do you dislike?

Really nothing. There are some things that aren't entirely fleshed out but these tools are typically in beta. It'd be cool to have the mobile and desktop reports combined to see total search volume as well as the ability to view them individually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to watch the video tutorials and read their content on how to actually use the tool. At first glance it can be pretty overwhelming but once you know where everything is it is much more powerful.

Competitive audits (keyword, shopping, social). Measuring SEO efforts and website health.

SEMrush review by Leah H.
Leah H.

"One of the best SEO Tools Available "

What do you like best?

Easy to use & manage multiple projects. I love the interface, the help features, all of the SUPPORT with the blogs and videos. Even if you are not an SEO expert, you can quickly get inundated with all of the help available. It covers absolutely every area of SEO - social media, backlinking, tracking rankings, keyword research. And I find it to be pretty affordable compared to using multiple tools.

What do you dislike?

Technical Glitches on occasion, but that's really it!

Recommendations to others considering the product

This will be invaluable for your business. You will be able to better allocate all your digital marketing funds with the knowledge you gain from this program.

SEMRush is one of the best solutions I have found for discovering site errors, getting a great explanation on how to fix it, and even posting for social media. It covers end to end so many of the varied areas of SEO, that it's become an invaluable part of my business. My favorite has been utilizing the ranking tools to see how we compare against competitors, and also tips on getting featured snippets (which we achieved for one client this year!)

SEMrush review by Taha A.
Taha A.

"The best data-driven tool every marketer should have in their arsenal. "

What do you like best?

There are many aspects of the tool our marketing team enjoys. The first benefit of SEMrush is the reporting tool. The ability to create custom client reports with our logo has benefited us in many ways.

Next, the topic research tool is very powerful, as we can examine what people are searching for, and potential headlines/blurbs to address their search intent.

We can take this a step further and dig into keywords analytics to filter through which keywords are worth pursuing.

Another feature we really like about SEMrush is the ability to analyze our competitors. Seeing what keywords they rank for, their paid ads strategy, and where they generate traffic from is powerful. We can take this data and deconstruct our competitor's marketing strategy.

What do you dislike?

Only issue we've had with SEMrush is embedding the widget on our website

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think adding insight on social media ads (like AdEspresso or AdBeat) would be very beneficial.

Organic traffic: we use a combination of the keyword magic tool, position tracking, website audit, and numerous other elements to create, engage, and analyze an organic strategy.

Social media: we use the Twitter aspect of SEMrush the most. We track the number of total engagement, our best performing tweets, and any accounts that have mentioned us to boost our social media strategy.

Content template: this is our go-to tool to create a new, long post article to make sure we're optimizing our content strategy.

There are numerous other benefits of SEM. Each of the above elements can also be used to analyze competitors and deconstruct their strategy.

SEMrush review by Peter K.
Peter K.

"Perfect for Competitor & Keyword Research"

What do you like best?

Being able to see which keywords are driving to a specific domain is invaluable. Also having detailed keyword research with search volume and difficulty as well as recommendations makes it essentially a one-stop solution.

What do you dislike?

The pricing is a bit steep for a small company. Also, the general analytics reporting is non-existent. I can't really use it to check analytics, I need to check it separately.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the keyword research tool as well as the new SEO recommendations feature which is improving with each upgrade.

The biggest and best new feature aside from the keyword magic tool has been the ability to monitor links to export to your disavow file. This has saved us hours of work.

Keyword research is extremely important and we wanted to ensure that we're targeting the correct keywords and optimizing our pages. Also, there are always missed opportunities that we're not capitalizing on now which makes SEMRush even more valuable to us.

SEMrush review by Jerrod W.
Jerrod W.

"Excellent keyword and competitive research tool!"

What do you like best?

I've been a subscriber to SEMRush for 4 years. I love the ability to assess trends for keyword and overall traffic on the overview screen.

This has been so huge in benchmarking campaign success.

All the info on the keyword OVERVIEW is great.

I've been able to identify strong improvements and capitalize on them.

Also, it's helpful to know to see if there are any weaknesses, or improvements in my strategy to be made.

I LOVE how SEMRush still has more specific and precise keyword and Google traffic volume than Google's keyword tool. This has been a lifesaver in Keyword research and campaign development.

What do you dislike?

It goes down from time to time. It's frustrating, but it's not that often.

Google Keyword tool stopped giving accurate traffic volume estimates a couple of years ago, and the number range has been frustratingly broad.

It's been much more effective to use SEMRush for keyword research.

Also, knowing the previous positions of keywords to determine advancement or decline in the SERPS is really helpful.

SEMrush review by Tom V.
Tom V.

"SEMrush: the Swiss Army Knife of SEO (and SEM) Tools. "

What do you like best?

The evolution of SEMrush over the years has been phenomenal. My first time using the product, over 10 years ago, left me slightly underwhelmed. Boy has that changed! They have evolved into a tool that I use every day and literally can't live without.

What do you dislike?

At this point I'd be hard pressed to find any flaws in the product since they continually evolve and improve. If I had to pick one issue, though, occasionally the ranking tool doesn't read the SERP results correctly and reports a drop when there is none. This is relatively infrequent and something I've seen with other tools as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't try it unless you are prepared to fall in love with it.

SEMrush helps me as a sales tool since I can generate reports to show potential clients where their weaknesses are. From there it becomes my go-to baseline report generator. After that, it helps me identify issues and opportunities when working on a site and provides a great way to show progress to my clients.

SEMrush review by Bernadette K.
Bernadette K.

"SEMrush is My SEO Spirit Animal"

What do you like best?

SEMrush is so feature rich it's like your most favorite desert and after dinner drink all in one - with second helpings included! The keyword data, the social posting tool, the competitor data and more is simply incredible. The training tools, special webinars, and all the support SEMrush offers clients is of tremendous value over and above all its functionality as an SEO/SEM tool.

SEMrush allows me to grow my business and stay competitive in highly competitive and saturated niche. I'm grateful for SEMrush and thank everyone there for all they do to help online business grow and thrive!

What do you dislike?

Other than I wish SEMrush would run a Black Friday special price every year (Any year? C'mon guys, just once! LOL) I love everything about SEMrush!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to learn ALL the tools. You'll come upon opportunities to improve your site and marketing efforts that you didn't even know you were missing!

Massive growth in traffic & ability to surpass competitors based on provided data Also, started working with the Social Media Posting Tool and was able to give up paying for Hootsuite as well as increase social media following.

SEMrush review by Martin L.
Martin L.

"A Must for Your SEO Stack"

What do you like best?

The range of features, the accuracy of data, the ease of use, and ability to manage dozens of clients'. All of these features make it much easier and faster to do SEO and SEM research, audits, and creation.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike. SEMrush continues to add new features and test out new tools for different types of marketers. I do wish the API was available for all paying accounts, or at least those not on the first tier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There isn't much of a consideration here. You have to use this platform if you're trying to manage clients (or for your own company). SEMrush is a must. They compliment other SEO/SEM tools, so while there might be some overlap in features, they work together.

The list is enormous. We run scheduled website audits for 30-40 clients and our own website; we do keyword research and track the keyword rankings for our clients; we do ideation for content creation, ppc campaigns, etc; we do competitor research; we perform backlink audits; and so much more.

SEMrush review by Bill R.
Bill R.

"SEMRush is essential to what we do"

What do you like best?

SEMRush goes beyond dumping a bunch of data on you. They help shape, guide, and package our research and insights into deliverables. Even our junior SEO analyst can add value immediately to our campaigns.

What do you dislike?

It can be overwhelming. There is a lot of stuff and new features coming fast. I recommend starting a "Project" and move through section by section to can create a strong dashboard and insights that will make you look smart in front of clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it. You won't find a more full-featured SEO tool.

For us, the real switchover moment came with the reports that we could generate for clients. We were spending valuable time collecting and analyzing data, but then when we were ready to deliver our findings and recommendations to clients we were spending TONS of less valuable time packaging it up and making it presentable and consumable.

SEMrush review by JL F.
JL F.

"All-in-One SEO Tool for Beginners & Experienced Professionals"

What do you like best?

The beautiful UI not only allows our SEO team to learn what's what in the SEO game much easier, but our clients love the reports! In-depth, pretty and customizable for any niche out there.

What do you dislike?

What do I dislike? Sounds like a trick question because I have yet to find anything I don't like. The SEMrush Support Team is reachable and insightful and quick to help!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth the money. No doubt about it. That is my promise.

Keyword Research: a lot of clients don't know what queries to go for, they just assume their best product is what's best to focus on. SEMrush helps determine what users actually search for. Competitor Research: again, most clients don't know who their true competitors really are. Site Audit: easily find and fix crucial issues in client websites that quickly increase organic search results. And there's so much more!

SEMrush review by Chris K.
Chris K.

"SEMRush Used for InHouse SEO and Digital Marketing. "

What do you like best?

The best tools about SEM Rush are the link analysis and and keyword analysis tools. The keyword and link reports, comparisons, and dashboards are very robust in SEMRush so you can get very broad information from dashboards are get very granular with specific back linking or keyword analysis reports.

What do you dislike?

Some of the things I dislike about SEMRush are the suggestions that they provide with page checkerr etc, they are good general guidelines but don't always apply to every situation. Also some of the terminology that they use is way to niche, not even in the SEO world but niche to SEMRush.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you do In-House SEO and Digital marketing I highly recommend using SEMrush. It has great features from both a monitoring standpoint and working standpoint.

SEMRush allows me to have a second opinion when it comes to SEO tools and techniques. It also provides a valuable keyword analysis tool. Additionally, it allows me to build links for local SEO which has been a huge help with local SEO link-building and monitoring. It allows me to monitor my back links in-depth to ensure that I don't have spammy or poor links connecting to my site, and to search for the best place to create new local links.

SEMrush review by Andrea S.
Andrea S.

"Very good SEO dashboard - good keyword analysis / awesome customer service / great overall resource"

What do you like best?

Awesome SEO tool. I use it on a daily basis and most other SEO colleagues also use it. You can benshmark your domain with that of competitors - on different levels (PLA/Display Ads/backlinks/rankings). Very usefull and very detailed information.

You can further use it to expand on the keywords and find new related ones with the keyword analysis function. Also good if you want to expand into new markets.

What do you dislike?

There is not a lot you really miss. Updates are not as frequent as they used to be, but the team is always open to suggestions and actively communicating what is about to change and what they are working on.

I am missing a bit the information on big changes to google and what we as end users should keep in mind when optimising the website. This could be a lot clearer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definetly give it a try. Most features are free and a great help.

I know you probably already work with a lot of tools and dashboards. But I could get rid of a few tools and now use SEMRush for it. Love it.

Optimizing our website for search engines.

SEMrush review by Kelsey C.
Kelsey C.

"SEMRush is an easy to use tool"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use to in terms of just dropping in a domain or keyword for quick metrics. I also like that you can compare 5 domains. It has been really easy for me to teach our content strategists how to use the tool, even thought they are not as technically savvy. This was the first tool I learned to use for SEO, and it's definitely easy to catch on as a beginner and you do not need extensive technical knowledge.

What do you dislike?

The dashboards are a bit clunky compared to competitors dashboards and sometimes when I've clicked through the sidebar it has cleared the domain search. I prefer using Ahrefs to this tool because I think the upper toolbar presents your options better and it has an easier user interface with which to interact.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product for the price but Ahrefs is my preference.

General SEO research for writing new content pages on my company's website and looking at keyword gaps compared with competitors. It is very beneficial to see quick results and nice to be able to compare various domains in one view. An SEO tool is necessary when auditing pages on your site or other sites. I use it now internally, but used to work at an agency where I used it on websites in many different industries. It works well across different industries and has not lacked in terms of collecting more bizarre, unique terms.

SEMrush review by Yum Y.
Yum Y.

"awesome tool for everything SEM"

What do you like best?

the multitude of different tools and frequent updates for additonal features is the best on the market. Also especially good when comparing your competitors with you.

Also very usefull for looking at your backlinks, top keywords, site statistics etc.

Use it to find relevant keywords all the time. Do not want to miss it. You can also run a SEO audit on your website . Which is OK useful.

What do you dislike?

The customer service is not as good as I would like. Probably because you are not with the highest plan, the priority isnt the highest for me, but I would still like some kind of fast feedback from a representative for me and my clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try not to overly rely on customer service. I got faster help on reddit than by the reps. Quora is also sometimes helpful

Optimizing our website and the website for our clients for search engines, do audits, and keyword analysis

SEMrush review by Fred H.
Fred H.

"Continuously making content marketing lives easier"

What do you like best?

What's not to like? There are comprehensive tools to make your search engine marketing (SEM) as strong us possible. With organic and paid search insights, you can find ways to align your keyword strategy and PPC strategy to meet your budget and understand what you're up against and, subsequently need to do. Within a keyword, you can analyse the types of content you are up against: long form, white papers, long blogs, video, if the term has PPC copy topped and tailed, if a snippet exists.

This is before I even get into the other tools that allow you to do more: the SEO content template builds you a content strategy straight from a keyword search by analysing what the top SERP links are offering.

What do you dislike?

The paywall is a minor quibble, as software this comprehensive requires investment. However, I think a cheaper cost of entry than $100/month is warranted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ahrefs isn't cheaper and has a less appealing interface and layout. SEMrush is aesthetically pleasing, but you need to be willing to allocate budget to it and to make use of the comprehensive array of tools it brings to the table to recoup that investment. Free plans might suit if you only want 10 keywords to look at; if not, buckle up. Use it right, and it'll be worth it.

Understanding where our traffic generates from, where we stack up against our competitors and how we can overcome this. We're gaining insights on what content is working for competitors, and mapping out how we're going to overcome that.

SEMrush review by Renee P.
Renee P.

"Great Platform For A Small SEO Team"

What do you like best?

I really like the projects you can set up in SEMrush. We have a lot of different solutions so I create projects for each one with specific keywords. Then I used the project dashboard to see how that set of keywords is ranking, trending, SEO suggestions, social etc. I also like that within the project you can see specific landing pages and what keywords are ranking for that landing page.

What do you dislike?

In addition to the projects, there's a lot going on and it's kind of overwhelming. There's a lot you can do in the platform but I haven't found any helpful documentation or videos to help me through the other elements. I had a call and someone showed me the projects but then they just moved on to trying to sign me up for the business account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set up projects - they are really helpful and you can get a lot of detailed information.

I manage our SEO and I needed another tool in addition to Google Search Console. We also didn't want to pay an SEO vendor, so we decided to go with this tool to help track how our keywords were doing. We had an issue with one of our tags and our keywords dropped off completely and I was able to see that this happened because of the charts in SEMrush, and we made the needed adjustments. If we didn't have this tool that could have been left for months.

SEMrush review by Pat G.
Pat G.

"The Best Tool for Keyword Research"

What do you like best?

SEMrush is hands down the best tool for keyword research. I love that you can do competitor analysis and find the keywords people are searching to go to your competitor's site. You can add all your projects in one big dashboard and see a quick overview of your keyword rankings (I do this every other day to check if my sites were penalized/keywords dropped). The reporting feature is also a great alternative to Google Analytics and we send automated reports to our clients.

Overall this tool, along with Ahrefs are must-haves for any SEO who's serious.

If you know what you're doing the price for this tool is a bargain.

What do you dislike?

The keyword tracker is not the most accurate. If you want something better I suggest Microsite Masters or Pro Rank Tracker.

SEMrush saves our company time and $$$.

SEMrush review by Tamara B.
Tamara B.

"A Must-Have for SEO and Web marketers"

What do you like best?

Competitive analysis, definitely. SEMRush lets you compare the results from different websites, so that you can fine-tune your strategy against competitors, both for SEO and SEM.

What do you dislike?

I think it's a bit expensive. I'd like they had some cheaper plans just with SEO *or* adv/SEM tools. I could have the tools I need without paying for things I don't use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I like it and it is a very good tool. But I mainly focus on small businesses, and I often find SEMRush a bit expensive. Plus, I do SEO and not SEM, and I'd pay less for a plan with SEO tools only. I recommend to do a trial first: the keyword and page analysis are amazing and I think they are really helpful when it comes to optimize every page of a website. Plus, SEMRush competitive analysis allows you to compare the SEO/SEM/domain strenght etc. performances of several websites of your choice, so that you can take action and improve your rankings.

I can have a complete view on what's happening in SERPs with my site and with my competitor's and I can generate complete reports in a short time.

SEMrush review by Lucy B.
Lucy B.

"Great at monitoring SEO initiatives"

What do you like best?

Easy to configure reports and notifications to let you know how new pages on your website are doing to get you to your goal of ranking for certain keywords. I also love how you can look at a cerain site and see other sites that would rank along side them for specific keywords. Has been a really reliable tool for our company over the years.

What do you dislike?

Because I have notifcations set up on the keywords I'm monitoring, I'm not in SEM Rush every day and when I need to jump back into it, it can be hard to remember where things are and the reset password work flow has always tripped me up on their site.

We're able to easily realize the effectiveness of the pages we publish on our website in targetting certain keywords for ranking initiatives.

SEMrush review by Scott E.
Scott E.

"Excellent all in one tool for SEO and SEM"

What do you like best?

their tools for seo and sem are great, especially the audit tool and campaign tracking. I rely on their customer friendly graphs and competitive intelligence to show customers where they measure up to the competition and where they're performing well. It's really hard to estimate traffic to any particular site, but SEM Rush has some algorithm that calculates it. They also produce great content on their blog and with webinars. They really know who their audience is. I've also found their support to be top notch and are helpful walking you through using the tools features. Campaign tracking and SERP monitoring are also very useful. I've used the site audit feature for years now too.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to dislike anything, but some custom reporting would be nice. Some sites aren't crawled yet. Keyword research feels more indirect and could be more robust like Moz. I wonder how accurate the estimated traffic is, but I feel it's the best competitive info out there. SpyFu also does a great job.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for estimating pay per click traffic, competition, organic traffic, and common keywords. Site audit tool is also super helpful and provides specifics to help the site improve. Competitor comparisons are also exportable. Customer support is great and they also produce great content on their blog.

Mainly we're trying to get business competitive intelligence from SEM Rush. It's great for estimating and approximating PPC spend and traffic.

SEMrush review by Benjamin B.
Benjamin B.

"Great product to support your client work"

What do you like best?

What I like best is the number of tools offered to manage your client work. Two items I rely on weekly are site audits and search visibility tracking. In addition to this, there are tools offered for organic and paid competitor research which are fairly thorough, as well as optimization recommendations and backlink opportunity reports which can be useful, once the necessary setup has been process. Overall, SEMrush has become a fairly robust tool in the past couple years.

What do you dislike?

I get updates from the SEMrush team about how they're improving their keyword research data, however there are still holes in the data when I process reports to get competition levels. Compared to Moz, SEMrush is still behind the curve a bit. I hope they'll continue to make improvements.

From a business standpoint, SEMrush enable me to manage several clients from an SEO standpoint. Automating reports and offering remediation steps is a huge win when it comes to saving time.

SEMrush review by Chad A.
Chad A.

"An SEM tool "oldie", no longer a "goodie" for all SEM Needs"

What do you like best?

If you've worked in SEO/SEM for a good amount of time, then you are likely familiar with the platform and tool-sets and so ease of use is decent. Specifically, the keyword comparison tools.

Platform support is solid, as is there on-site knowledge base/FAQs if you do have questions. Competitive review of GA is solid.

What do you dislike?

Price. Expensive compared to comparable SEO or Paid Search tools (MoZ, Ahrefs, Keyword Spy, SpyFu) that are lower in cost per month and offer more.

Analyzing SERP competition is a bit clunky and other tools have better visualizations.

BETA tools are unusable/unreliable.

Semantic keywords/backlinks database are remedial for 2018.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Evaluate the trial version to see if it meets your company's needs before committing to a $99/mo rate when comparable or superior tools are available at much lower costs.

SERP ranking. Backlink analysis. Keyword research. Site Audits. Link Management. Research.

SEMrush review by Mitch L.
Mitch L.

"The Perfect SEO Tool"

What do you like best?

SEMRush is just one of those tools that you can't live without. They have a very worthy competitor in a similar price range, but where SEMRush takes the cake is on their data for Google SERPs and SERP history.

What I like best is that you can see the entire SERP ecosystem of a website from rankings 1-100. Other tools do this, but SEMRush provides way more data and updates more often than competitors.

They also have multiple beta tools that eventually become fully integrated into the standard tool set. Domain vs Domain was a beta tool that has recently been fully integrated. It's very useful to see how well you stack up with competitors using this tool.

What do you dislike?

My only gripe is that lower tier players cannot white label reports. Monthly reporting is an essential in agency world, so being able to white label and combine the SEMRush reports with other reports would be nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SEMRush continues to innovate and test with their beta tools. If you use SEMRush, expect to keep getting new features!

SEMRush is an all-in-one SEO tool. It helps you save on costs compared to the enterprise tools like BrightEdge and Conductor. The toolsets within SEMRush are robust enough to keep your workflow tidy and the SERP data provides key insights for planning SEO tactics.

SEMrush review by Deepak B.
Deepak B.

"Arguably the most robust SEO tool in the market"

What do you like best?

Absolutely love their keyword research tool. Its phrase and related keywords reports give some really good suggestions and the metrics make it possible to decide upon not just the focus keywords but also some related keywords which make way for a strong keyword strategy. And, the fact that they are building a separate mobile database for keywords is also amazing.

Their SEO content template tool is also a great one for beginners. You have to just put the keyword you want to rank for and the target geo and it will provide you a template to do that. It'll tell you the keywords you need to use in your content and on-page elements and the domains from which you need to rope some backlinks to make your piece rank on the first page.

Also, you would absolutely love their Reports tool. It makes SEO reporting a breeze. The layout lets you bring the data on to the report in the form of tables/graphs/charts with just drag and drop. The only thing that is left for you is to analyze and summarize the data.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing really to dislike about the current features in the tool. But, I would definitely like to see some more tools/features for on-page SEO and content research.

Essentially we use SEMrush to minimize our keyword research time and to track our SEO efforts. The tool has been quite helpful in realizing both these objectives, so far.

SEMrush review by Enrique C.
Enrique C.

"Good tool for analysis of the competition and especially for SEO"

What do you like best?

This tool has many functionalities (and more that are releasing).

The most important for me are:

1) Information on competition keywords and organic traffic.

We can see the traffic of our competition and the keywords that have positioned and what % of traffic takes each one.

It estimates the visits that any website you want to know more information about. It tells you exactly which keywords are the most traffic generated for the web you want, in any language or version of google.

2) Search related keywords

It gives us information about similar words or synonyms.

3) Domain analysis vs. domain

We can make comparisons between different domains.

4) Ranking of the keywords

You can get reports of what words the domains have positioned. Which has won or lost since the last time. Ideal to monitor the evolution and track a website and our competition.

What do you dislike?

In my opinion, the biggest weak point is the estimate of visits made by the tool, which is not reliable at all. I have checked with domains that are making an important advertising investment, and the tool fails a lot in its estimation, giving values ​​much lower than real.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Semrush offers you a trial. Try this tool and see if it is worth the price you will pay for it.

Analysis of the competition for SEO and suggestions of related keywords.

SEMrush review by Ryan W.
Ryan W.

"Saddle up for Strong SEO"

What do you like best?

There are many SEO tools out there but the customer support on SEMrush makes it stand out from the rest. The learning curve for SEO can be high for most people but they have tools and resources to get your website high ranking really fast.

What do you dislike?

The pricing could come down a bit. If the pricing match competitors like SERanking and/or Moz, SEMrush would monopolize the SEO industry.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for an SEO solution to scale with, SEMrush is a bit higher budget but with the return it provides, you won't think twice about the fees.

We use SEMrush to provide metrics on what works best to bring our website to high rankings in Google. They show us which keywords are trending and would rank us high if we used them and it helps us increase the readability of pages.

SEMrush review by Matthew G.
Matthew G.

"Great Tool for SEO & SEM Research"

What do you like best?

The most essential feature of SEMRush working in SEO is measuring our sites' organic rankings for our keywords. The ability to choose a month and view how those rankings have changed over time is great. I love the competitive analysis features of SEMRush, especially being able to view a competitor's paid search keyword list.

What do you dislike?

I wish you could connect SEMRush with Google Analytics or Google Adwords so that the keyword data from SEMRush also had real keyword data from your own analytics/adwords accounts.

Nitpicking but I wish the overall UI was slightly easier to use because a lot of great features get lost. For example, I did not know about the Site Audit and SEO Ideas features until recently.

SEMRush helps us with measurement and optimization of our search engine optimization and paid search campaigns. We have seen better reports, improved organic rankings, and improved paid cost per conversion .

SEMrush review by Melanie D.
Melanie D.

"Great tool for making Performance-Based decisions for SEO"

What do you like best?

SEMrush gives you information on performance of things like keywords, backlinks, traffic, and more, for both yourself, and competitors, so you can make better informed decisions in all of your marketing efforts. You can learn exactly which keywords to use in your posts, web pages, and social media, and you can even find out where your competitors are getting backlinks from. This is helpful when creating a PR plan, or for boosting your SEO.

What do you dislike?

To take full advantage of all it has to offer, you have to go in with a good knowledge of SEO, campaigns, etc. It's not necessarily a tool for beginners.

It helps to optimize your time and effort, because you're able to focus on what we know already works, instead of starting from scratch and relying solely on our own A/B testing.

SEMrush review by John B.
John B.

"SEM Rush is a Digital Marketing Agencies Best Friend!"

What do you like best?

We love the auto keyword finding feature because it allows to quickly find opportunity.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. The interface is busy but that's about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use it.

Even if it is just for competitive research.

We are using this primarily for competitive intelligence.

Identifying what competitors rank for to see where their efforts are or have been focused.

We also use it to identify areas of opportunity for customers.

Are there terms that we did not know they have visibility for that are on the cusp of breaking into higher profile positions that can be pushed a little to make that leap into high conversion territory.

This leads to High ROI for our customers.

The research is unmatched when compared to similar platforms.

SEMrush review by dinesh g.
dinesh g.

"Semrush review"

What do you like best?

I like the SEO audit of SEMrush. I can easily perform SEO audit on my website and improve the on page of my website. Moreover, using this tool I can discover the backlink opportunities for my website. I can find out how my competitors are performing and steal their backlinks

What do you dislike?

There is nothing much to dislike in this tool but as compared to other tools this is expensive

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool is best for those who are serious about SEO and backlinking

This tool makes the seo of my website very easy. I can easily find backlink opportunity for my website. Moreover, I can discover the best keywords for my website and content ideas for my webiste

SEMrush review by Bharath A.
Bharath A.

"Excellent Tool for SEO Professionals"

What do you like best?

Backlink Analytics - It's the best tool in the market for backlink analysis. Besides backlink analytics, I also like detailed site audit and SEO Ideas features

What do you dislike?

The keyword positions are not 100% accurate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's an excellent tool for SEO professionals and pretty much covers all aspects of SEO

I constantly look at backlink analytics to monitor toxic backlinks. I also use SEMRush to look at other backlink metrics such as no. of links, no. of referring domains etc. Beside backlinks, I use SEMRush to see what keywords my competitors are ranking for, common keywords among competitors.

Technical site audit is another excellent tool. It gives comprehensive information regarding on-page issues and technical issues. This tool helped me immensely while migrating our site from HTTP to HTTPS.

I also use SEO Ideas tool that gives me insights on how to improve on-page SEO, get more backlinks etc.

SEMrush review by Yohan A.
Yohan A.

"La mejor herramienta SEO del mercado."

What do you like best?

Es la herramienta definitva para SEO y planificacion de palabras clave, cuenta con una base de datos muy amplia la cual ayuda muchisimo a la hora de hacer un analisis SEO de algun portal. La posibilidad de monitorear el progreso de nuestra estrategia a traves del tiempo es un factor muy importante y las alertas por email cuando hay cambio relevantes son sumamente utiles.

What do you dislike?

La herramienta para analizar el diseño de los sitios carece de informacion relevante y algunas veces reporta issues que realmente no son problemas o que dificilmente se pueden solucionar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Exprimir la herramienta al maximo: Para poder sacarle el provecho necesario se deben pasar muchas horas usando esta herramienta, y podemos estar seguros de que con ella tendremos todo lo necesario para realizar una analisis SEO completo y adecuado para cualquier sitios web.

Analisis y creacion de estrategias SEO para una agencia de E-commerce y marketing digital.

SEMrush review by Jeffrey S.
Jeffrey S.

"Excellent Tool for Ironing Out Website Issues"

What do you like best?

SEMrush has a ton going on, and I mean that in the best way possible. The Website Audit tool is still the bread and butter, being that it allows you to fix pretty much every single negative flag you can imagine on your website. But tools like the social tracker/poster, the On Page SEO Checker, and Link Building center can make any SEO experts life significantly easier.

Everything in the suite is available from other companies as stand-alone software, but in many cases done more poorly. I was able to consolidate several of our monthly fees into a single one with SEMrush without losing any functionality.

What do you dislike?

Like most SEO tools, SEMrush can get you in a ton of trouble if you don't know what you're doing. Many of their suggestions can be risky in regards to rankings, and it isn't uncommon at all to go overboard making changes to get a 100% health score just to realize you have no idea which of them wound up negatively affecting you. It is very easy to wind up with data paralysis with the huge amount of information that winds up being presented to you at once, but it's manageable if you take it one tab at a time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't get bogged down in information, just correct issues one-by-one and before you know it, you'll have a solid grasp of the platform.

SEMrush is an excellent SEO tool that allows us to not only improve our own digital strategy; but monitor our competitors as well.

SEMrush review by Jovan M.
Jovan M.

"Complete PPC & SEO suite for marketing professionals"

What do you like best?

Using Sem Rush new feature Keyword Magic Tool I saves a lot of time to find a search suggestions. Competitor analysis works good with fresh and useful data. They also developed backlink audit tool, which was not before, and it's also works well.

I like their legendary support, they are very accurate with very helpful insights. It happened that my payment had expired by my mistake, they have renewed my account within a few hours. Well done.

What do you dislike?

I using password manager to login, but it happens that they will not accept the password in login fields.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Complete solution for PPC & SEO management.

Beside well developed tools it saves mi a lot of time in reporting, rank tracking audit and keyword research.

SEMrush review by Amy P.
Amy P.

"I could not do my job without SEM Rush. "

What do you like best?

Complete package - organic, paid, link, social, audits and always improving. ALWAYS improving. I work with two sites and this allows me to see everything + competitors. SEMRush isnt the only tool in my arsenal but it is the most valuable. I use it daily.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes reporting picks up things that are very nominal, but then again I'd rather know about them.

The backlinks tool needs some work still but is getting better all the tim

TIME SAVINGS + ONE STOP SHOP (I dont only use SEMrush but I use SEMRush every day!) Able to make good progress on correcting errors and problems on our website and monitor changes that may impact rank. LOVE it for keepign up with competitors.

SEMrush review by B.J. E.
B.J. E.

"If you aren't following your competitors, you better believe they are following you."

What do you like best?

I love the ability to track keywords vs competitors in specific areas of the country. I work for several urgent care centers in the Philadelphia area and it is great to be able to see how things are going in specific towns, rather than a more worldly or regional view. I am on their several times a day doing keyword and competitor research.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I don't think their "Tracking" matches up with what is actually going on. However, it does give a good general overview. Most of the time it is close, other times It seems way off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Your competitors are tracking you, you should definitely have someone or something keep tabs on them. Not only does this give you a good idea of what the competition is doing, but it'll give you a heads up when their are changes in the Google Search formula.

SEM Rush has allowed me to see how content changes are improving overall organic search. It has allowed me to justify changes to my supervisors, show progress, and they have given me more latitude to tweak with the website.

SEMrush review by User

"It's Great but a bit confusing"

What do you like best?

SEMRush is a very complete software, not just for link building and tracking, but as a keyword tool.

What stands aside from the other one that I is the toxic score for disavowing, makes things a lot faster compared to going through your link profile one by one. The Lost links report looks useful, tried to use it but found it SEMRUSH is tagging lost links that really aren't lost. So I stopped using it.

What do you dislike?

It's very confusing at first. Too many flashy menus. I use AHREF mostly for link building (I am a link builder) because it is simpler, minimalistic. But AHREF likes a few of the alerts from SEMRUSH.

I have a feeling that I could be using SEMRUSH more efficiently, and I know the courses are there, I have seen a couple, but AHREF was just more readily available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is one of the 4 main tools you must have for serious SEO. AHREF is a lot simpler if your needs are just basic backlink building, SEMRUSH is a step higher with a few more tools and integration with other tools like analytics and search console and many others. So if your projects require a lot more data use SEMRUSH.

I only use it for the toxic score, to keep an eye on bad spammy links. Our content managers do use it a bit more for Keyword search.

SEMrush review by Eric M.
Eric M.

"The Ultimate SEO Toolkit"

What do you like best?

SEMRush, in our humble opinion, is like an SEO Swiss Army Knife for our Inbound Marketing Agency. It provides critical intelligence on not only our own website and SEO campaign, but for all our clients as well. From website audits, competition analysis, keyword analysis, keyword tracking, position tracking, backlink building, white label reporting and I haven't even scratched the surface on all the amazing features. It’s the all-in-one SEO Toolkit for serious SEO professionals.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to say that we dislike anything that helps our agency so much. If I had to say anything, it would be the sheer number of tools available. If you are an SEO newbie, then the massive set of tools can be quite overwhelming at first.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's important that you try other tools available first, such as MozPro, WooRank, RavenTools, and SEranking to name a few, so that when you finally try SEMRush you will have a solid foundation for comparison.

Our Agency, COFORGE Marketing, used numerous tools to manage our various SEO campaigns for years and it was a real struggle to make sense of all the data and then assemble ad-hoc reports for our clients. SEMRush reporting is easy and provides valuable intel in a modular fashion for our SEO campaigns. This new intel now allows us to not only understand the metrics but also allows us to make more informed decisions on each campaign.

SEMrush review by Mary H.
Mary H.

"Win new clients with SEMRush!"

What do you like best?

The site audit and positioning tool have, in my experience, won new clients! Being able to show potential clients what is missing, causing errors, and slowing down their SEO has been useful for me in generating new business. I’d recommend going through the training so that you know how to use all of the tools, they are so beneficial in monitoring and applying what you need to get the most for your money.

What do you dislike?

I’m not able to be logged in on multiple computers at the same time. I have more than one computer but I can’t login to both using Chrome at the same time. I wish I could now that I’ve upgraded to Guru, I’m paying a pretty penny for this tool and would like this flexibility.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SEMrush is worth the money, I’ve been able to earn new clients based on the information and reports that I collect here. I would highly recommend becoming SEMrush Certified because it forces you to go through their training which sets you up for the best success using this tool. If you are a user, then use their knowledge base to get familiar with the tool so that you can take full advantage of all of the features.

Meta descriptions and titles get fixed. ALT descriptions get added. I love that I can see all of the links and pages that need to be fixed. Content is developed so that it is more relevant for the website. I love the Google Docs Add-On. You make it so much easier to write content that converts and that gets more people to a website based on their search results.

SEMrush review by User

"SEMrush — a valuable tool for content marketers"

What do you like best?

The topic research, SEO Content Template, and SEO Writing Assistant make content marketing so much more effective. Not only can you make sure content is providing value by match the real things people are searching for, you can easily optimize both existing and new content to make sure it is beating your competitors in search results. Plus, the analytics tools and autogenerated reports make reporting a breeze.

What do you dislike?

Though it's a great tool for content marketing, it's really made for SEO experts so you have to know a lot about SEO to be able to use SEMrush effectively. Most content marketers don't know SEO, so I don't a lot of people who do content marketing based on SEO like we do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the SEMrush Academy to learn as much as you can from real practitioners.

We use SEMrush to help us fine-tune our content marketing efforts so that our content is working to bring more organic traffic to our website. Without it, it was hard to know what would resonate with web searchers, but with it, getting content seen is much easier.

SEMrush review by John R.
John R.

"Best tool out there and best value for the $$$ spent"

What do you like best?

The Site Audit tool is used daily here. We love it and it is an invaluable tool when it comes to building our websites with minimal errors and best practices. The Keyword Tools and Search Ad Tools are amazing! Much better than creating ads inside of Google's Platform. The lead generation tools is also great but I could see you building some more features onto it. We also extensively use the tool to perform competitive research. All said, I highly recommend this tool and cannot wait to see what new features are rolled out in the next 6 months.

What do you dislike?

I'd love to see more social media advertising tools and perhaps tying into Google's PageSpeed Insights for your Site Audit. I think you should think about offering more integrations and building upon your report builder tool. It is a great foundation but I think you can make it into a tools like Google's Data Studio! This isn't really a negative but I just feel like it is a good tool that could be fantastic!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, it is the best tool out there that is constantly improved upon with new features!

Proper website builds, website maintenance tasks, best practices regarding baseline SEO, keyword research, PPC planning. The copy tools are amazing as well although I am not a copywriter. (Meaning I'm trying to get this part of the tool used by more copywriters here)

SEMrush review by Luis S.
Luis S.

"SEMrush is great for SEO & SEM and keeps getting better"

What do you like best?

One of my favorite things about SEMrush is the rate at which new functionalities are added – while keeping the core tools solid as ever. There's always some new tool being launched on alpha or beta. And I'm always eager to try it out as soon as its out.

That being said the main reason why I got it in the first place was Automated SEO Audits, which are extremely useful and I'm constantly going over new finds from them. The Domain Overview tool is also great, particularly when going over competitors and what they're doing. Overall SEMrush is an extremely powerful toolset that gives you highly actionable insights to improve your marketing.

What do you dislike?

On the downside, international data is sometimes lacking. While it is getting better, for Latin American clients it can be hard to get accurate data. The insights, however, are still quite useful when available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try! I started with a 14 day trial and got hooked. One of the best parts about starting to use SEMrush is there's always an introductory webinar you can join sometime soon to help you get familiar with everything. And know they've even launched certifications (full disclosure - I haven't taken them all 'cause I was already past that level by the time they came out).

Finding SEO issues, getting backlink alerts, building reports.

SEMrush review by Kenny K.
Kenny K.

"SEMRush Uncovers a Treasure Trove of Valuable Keywords"

What do you like best?

SEMRush allows me to uncover hundreds and sometimes thousands of great keywords that I can use to optimize my websites and help easily rank in Google and other search engines. It also allows me to see where my competitors are ranking and what they're doing as far as paid search. One of my favorite features is seeing Featured Snippets for my own websites and competitors. This allows me to optimize for those Featured Snippets and bring in a ton more traffic!

What do you dislike?

SEMRush could improve its backlink checker. Their keyword tool is amazing, but if they were to get a more detailed index of links, it would be so much more powerful as a full suite SEO tool. Also, though I love the Keyword Magic Tool, I do wish it was more user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use SEMRush if you want important data that can improve your websites. Plug in competitor's pages and find keywords that you may have never even thought of, create content based on those keywords and watch your traffic increase! One amazing feature also, is finding opportunities for Featured Snippets. SEMRush is the best tool to find these opportunities and help users optimize for important terms Google is displaying in their Featured Snippets.

SEMRush is an essential tool for finding keywords my websites are already ranking for and finding opportunities from my competitors I would have never discovered. It also gives a good idea how difficult those keywords will be to rank with its difficulty score. I'm able to increase traffic across the board for all of my websites with SEMRush.

SEMrush review by Kevin K.
Kevin K.

"Outstanding platform for SEO and MUCH more"

What do you like best?

I absolutely love that the platform is always evolving. For the most part, I use the SEO auditing and keyword tracking tools. For some clients I've configured other tools such as the backlink profiles and content tools. Most important, SEMrush serves to allow me to deliver in-depth contextual reports to my clients and I can use the output for an additional revenue stream without a ton of effort on my part. I also love the fact there is constant knowledge-sharing on the blog and with the live videos on social media.

Great content, great tools, outstanding performance for an extremely attractive price.

What do you dislike?

Some of the licensing limitations, and the additional costs for a 2nd (or more) users are prohibitive for a smaller organization. However, the price is MORE than fair given all of the tools that are available and constantly being added.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely one of the best purchases that a brand manager, marketing director, or an agency can make to take their SEO and SEM game to the next level.

As I mentioned in the "liked best" section, this has become an outstanding toolset for diagnosing website issues, resolving SEO-related challenges, keyword research, social media auditing - I don't think I can list it all. We've turned the output from SEMrush into an additional revenue stream for our business, which solves our problems and gives our clients a better experience.

SEMrush review by Raj K.
Raj K.

"I use this SEO tool every day"

What do you like best?

SEMRush provides me with daily information on the SEO status of my sites and my clients' sites. It also provides excellent insight into content opportunities by identifying keywords with low or reasonable difficulty levels that have a decent amount of search volume. We use the service to improve our own search engine rankings and guide our clients to improve theirs.

What do you dislike?

Little context-sensitive help. While they have "how to fix" drop downs, they are not step by step instructions to fix site issues. They look like they're written by their engineering staff as instructions to other engineers who already know how to do a lot of technical website tasks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Product team regularly reaches out to customers for feedback so I expect them to continue improving the tool. They have a Facebook group that's pretty active with "power users" to allow others to connect and ask/answer questions. They also run webinars regularly on SEO topics, not just how to use their tool. These webinars are quite useful to broaden your understanding of trending SEO techniques.

Monitor site rankings, identify content that we should create > overall goal is to increase our online footprint

SEMrush review by Christine D.
Christine D.

"Everyday tool that is a must for SEO Digital Marketing and more!"

What do you like best?

I love the depth of the online software. I can set up a report and have it sent to me as needed to keep an eye on my client's sites while I am working. All info I need is in one area and this is a great time saver.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have the Semrush data line at the bottom of reports removed so it is more white label.

There is so much here that at times it can be confusing. Having the pop-up windows is good and I would like more of these for information. I wish I could directly fix things from within Semrush by linking areas to the website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, you will never look back. Well worth the money if you have more than five clients who you need to report to each month.

A savings on time I have realized as I can achieve things with reports running in the background. I am able to quickly see what the strengths and weaknesses are and fix them as well as inform my clients. I am able to evaluate potential client sites and provide in-depth, professional looking reports.

SEMrush review by Gunnar H.
Gunnar H.

"SEMRush just keeps getting better"

What do you like best?

One of my favorite new tools is the keyword magic tool for doing SEO research. I no longer have to use Google Adwords Keyword planner, thanks to this tool. It also seems like in the last six months, every time I sign into SEMRush, there is a new feature or tool that has been released or is being beta tested. I appreciate they continue to identify ways to improve the toolset and add value.

What do you dislike?

I wish that localized rankings were more reliable. For local businesses I often have to do manual review of search rank and find significant variation with the results shown in SEMRush. Not sure how they can fix it, but would like to have greater confidence in these ranking results.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared, if you test SEMRush with a trial, you will likely end up subscribing.

SEO is one of the services we provide out clients and SEMRush allows us to stay on top of the impact we are having. The white label reports save me time in preparing a client friendly report and the SEMRush tools have saved me a lot of time vs. having to use multiple other tools.

SEMrush review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"Comprehensive SEO research tool"

What do you like best?

I've used Ahrefs, SEMrush, Moz, Raven Tools and have found that SEMrush offers some of the most actionable info and data out of all the tools. What I use most is the competitive analysis tool that shows the competing domains for a site, as well as the keywords that that site ranks for. It's easy to find keywords, topics and content that you can "poach" and add to your own site.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is that the dashboard is sometimes difficult to read and work with right off the bat, but you get used to the interface after a while and it's easy to export data into Excel to make it easier to work with large amounts of info.

I use SEMrush in my full-time job creating content, coming up with keywords and finding backlink opportunities. I also use it with side projects and SEO client work.

SEMrush review by Hannah G.
Hannah G.

"SEO Must Have Tool "

What do you like best?

This is a perfect tool to use in tracking your overall SEO and researching what areas need the most attention. The Keyword Magic Tool is the most helpful and really allows you to dive into the deep end of possibilities.

What do you dislike?

I wish that it was slightly more user-friendly. This could also function in conjunction with other SEO tools to allow for even better 360 view of your current success or problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The price is totally worth it and will quickly pay for itself. Definitely try out the Keyword Magic Tool included with the Beta version. I do believe there is a free trial and would try that out first just to make sure it is something you will use on a weekly or even daily basis.

SEMrush has been the roadmap for our priority list. In terms of content, layout and what needs the most attention. We have been able to really dig into how the pages are performing and what issues need to be taken care of. From small minor H1 naming scheme and overall Google Rank, this has been extremely helpful.

SEMrush review by Daniela T.
Daniela T.

"Awesome product"

What do you like best?

Semrush has a lot of great tools to use, I have worked with Digital Marketing since 2011 and Semrush has made my work a lot easier. The customer support is also great and fast. It may be a little pricey for some companies but if you have the time to put it into it, you can pull out some amazing insights! I love the keyword research portion of it, from seeing what competitors are doing with their ads/keywords, and keeping up to date on trends & search behaviours and the cost analysis is great as it helps with planning. The color coded (green for positive change, red for negative change and grey for no change) analytics makes it easy to understand and convey to necessary parties.

What do you dislike?

It does not have a lot of easy to access tutorials or explanation material to show what particular tools do. It is a real hit or miss process and something that you need to learn on your own.

I also dislike the fact that I cannot select which country to do the check on the website. I have a website that is locked for the Danish market only and I cannot use Semrush to run the Audit tool, their customer support responded fast but they couldn't help me with that issue either.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The pricing can be considered high for a small businesses or consultants.

You can buy 1 month, then to cancel the account, and subscribe again when you need to make another SEO audit.

In general Semrush can help anyone learn how to do good quality audits and keyword researches + analytics.

SEMrush review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Excellent tool for competitive analysis"

What do you like best?

SEMrush is really great in things which we did not expect as a marketing team. For one, it delivers when it comes to scanning and pulling out useful competitive data. Sometimes we even end up wondering as a team how SEMrush is able to gather intelligence like this somehow without crossing legal boundaries. It's just amazing--we are able to see competitor ads, trends, traffic, and turn all of this into actionable information. SEMrush is a great overall tool for in-depth SEO work.

What do you dislike?

I wish the interface was cleaner and more modern-looking, but with all of the features they have, this issue is not even worth the worry.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out first and see if it fits your marketing strategy overall. If the price isn't right and you prefer simpler services, you could opt in for other SEO tools in the market.

SEMrush is excellent with providing competitive data, audit and analytics of your own company's site and online presence, and it really helps us figure out in general what steps to take with regard to our overall SEO strategy. It helps us optimize our site in many different areas in order to gain better online presence which we believe can ultimately result in more customers.

SEMrush review by Chris B.
Chris B.

"Great SEO tool that's continually expanding its feature set."

What do you like best?

The interface and feature organization are clear and they've always provided great support. I rarely have to spend time trying to access the data I need or troubleshoot and the built in reports cover most of my necessities.

What do you dislike?

There are new features that I don't need and can clutter up the project dashboards. Typically I have other tools that are specialized for these purposes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best support and great SEO data both trending and snapshot data. I don't use all of the features that are newly released, but I'm consistently impressed with the amount of features that are being created. I've used Moz before (another great tool) and Moz had done a more robust job with analytics and error tracking, but I favor SEMrush for the organic data and the error reports have improved greatly over the past years.

Keyword research/tracking and competitive research are the primary solutions I use SEMrush for. I've compared data across a number of systems and SEMrush has always been consistent for me. I also find the visualizations valuable for identifying areas to drill down, specifically overlapping keyword targets and opportunities.

SEMrush review by Peter K.
Peter K.

"Excellent for Competitive Analysis"

What do you like best?

The SEO Dashboard is easy to read through and digest. The new Topic Research tool is extremely handy when planning blog posts and other content. Our numbers match up closely with what see in Analytics so we are confident in its accuracy. Well maintained with a great amount of information in their database.

What do you dislike?

No 'Global' database option - When looking at keyword analytics, I'd like to see an aggregate global option so I know the actual volume worldwide and not just on Google US. At the very least, rankings would be nice so I can rank countries by volume.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Topc Research Beta tool is excellent - use it.

Keeping an eye on our competitors with accurate performance estimates.

SEMrush review by Ganesh P.
Ganesh P.

"Winsome Tool for SEO"

What do you like best?

I was searching for the tool which will help increase my Organic search capability of my Website. Searched a while and seen SEMrush and got the accurate result for my website and which help my team to get the status for what work they had done on SEO (search engine optimisation)

What do you dislike?

Should provide the Cheaper version for Small scale Business. But they offer a free trial for starting up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Should try there trial for getting current status of your Website.

Solved my teams problem for writing perfect content and reaching to the organic result. Run my SEO, PPC, SMM and content projects with 28 advanced tools.

SEMrush review by Miguel P.
Miguel P.

"All-in-one SEO tool"

What do you like best?

SEMrush enables Marketing Managers to SEE what's going on around them. How effective their content efforts are, what's working for the competition, new opportunities to go after, more. And if I have any questions, their support team is very responsive.

What do you dislike?

Of course, pricing could be lower. But you get what you pay for.

At least 60% of our online performance metrics are pulled from SEMrush. SEMrush is the piece that enables our marketing department to know what's working, what's not working, how far we have to go, and opportunities we might be missing. With metrics, it also makes it easier to sell a business case to the rest of my team for additional resources or funding.

SEMrush review by Dustin H.
Dustin H.

"One of the most essential tools every marketer should have in their toolbox"

What do you like best?

The website audit features provide great insights into issues your website is facing. The tool enables users to conduct extensive competitor and keyword research. I like how I can monitor paid, organic, and display ads all from one place.

What do you dislike?

Reporting templates should be easier to use. It would be great if the user created reports could be resized, adjusted, and changed on the fly in an easier way, I would like more drag and drop functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This can be a powerful tool if you have at least a fair level of experience in digital marketing. SEMRush represents the gold standard for digital marketing research tools - you owe it to your business to give it shot.

Monitoring SEO positioning, new/competitor keyword research, and gaining insight into display ads from across our verticle.

SEMrush review by gurmeet s.
gurmeet s.

"Semrsuh is excellent tool for backlinking & competitor analysis"

What do you like best?

I have been using this tool for sometime and it is great tool to get backlinks from websites in same niche. I can steal backlink opportunities from my competitors. Moreover, I can find out from where my competitors are getting links. The site auditing feature of this tool help me know what problems my website have.

What do you dislike?

This tool is great but it is quite expensive

This tool has made SEO and backlinking very easy for us. Moreover, I can find best keywords for website and rank higher. Along with that, this tool help us to stay ahead of the competition

SEMrush review by Dean R.
Dean R.

"Ultimate SEO tool. "

What do you like best?

Love all the new feature SEMrush team added over the year. Gap analysis features are my fav. Topic research alongside backlink gaps and keywords gaps are my go to tools to get optimization ideas.

What do you dislike?

Still not a fan of price increase that happened last year. It was a little too steep, Had to look into cheaper solutions at first.

Backlinks index needs improvement but I see it growing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try finding the easter egg hunt thing if it's still available, maybe ask their support.

It guides you through all of the features and shows how to use them, it's very helpful for those who are just starting.

Keyword research mostly. Tracking ow projects develop and finding insights on competitors' sites.

"SEMRush "

What do you like best?

SEMRush provides a high-level overview of keyword performance, especially for organic traffic performance of a specific page. The tool highlights the top rated keywords and indicates when the MSV data was most recently updated, which helps you identify if the MSV is seasonal or not. The new SEO Dashboard, currently in beta, elevates the tool, adding visualization for keyword performance & backlinking status, as well as aggregate performance stats for the prior month. This helps capture a big-picture view of the page in question.

What do you dislike?

Some SEMRush data has a delay, which we've caught only by comparing data available in Google Search Console. For situations in which we are monitoring specific keywords, SEMRush is not the most reliable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd make sure that you can also use Google Search Console if you are doing longterm monitoring of a specific website. If you are using SEMRush to get a quick and informed sense of a particular site's performance, which you may want in a pitch or as you win business, then you'll have what you need.

This helps us get a big picture view of organic traffic health; however, we need to supplement the specific details with Google Search Console.

SEMrush review by Faith B.
Faith B.

"Great SEO Platform"

What do you like best?

I like how much information SEMrush provides. When assessing which listing services are best, I love comparing with SEMrush. I like that there are a lot of breakdowns on the left column, which allow you to really dive into the nitty gritty of each website.

What do you dislike?

The limited views you can see without signing in or on free plan. Also could use more location-based options for comparisons. When it comes to comparing multiple sites based on backlinks, keywords, organic reach, etc., I find there are other sites that work better for what we are looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SEMrush is good for looking at data and analytics on a larger scale. If you're looking for state or city location preferences, it may be best to go with a paid subscription (not a paying user, so don't quote me) or selecting a different SEO option for you needs. For basics, SEMrush and its free option is just fine.

We use SEMrush to see how much traffic certain listing websites are using before signing contracts and viewing how our competitors are doing online. I have enjoyed using this platform to look further into where and how people are using the websites I am researching.

SEMrush review by Shawn H.
Shawn H.

"A must tool for your SEO arsenal. "

What do you like best?

How easy it is to research for content strategy - find gaps, improve against competitors, and discover new opportunities. I also really like being able to go back historically to see SERPs from the past.

What do you dislike?

You cannot have more than one user for most account levels - being an in-house I don't want an agency plan, but I would like to more easily share some access with colleagues. I wouldn't call it a dislike, but the UI/navigation changes frequently enough that I can end up spending more time than I would like trying to find some tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the price of the tool, you won't find a more thorough and accurate tool to help with finding content opportunities, as well as how you sit against your competition.

Content strategy - how helpful the writing assistant and content template have been.

SEMrush review by Alan F.
Alan F.

"Phenomenal SEO Intelligence Tool & Content Creation Advisor"

What do you like best?

SEO Writing Assistant helps create strategic SEO content optimized for mobile or desktop. Ad History to see what competitors have been advertising on Google AdWords. SEO Site Audit for general health and site optimization. The list goes on! Its a must-have tool for amateurs and experts alike.

What do you dislike?

Arguably some of the categories, subcategories and menu placements are counter intuitive, but once you memorize where everything is, its a breeze! Also dislike how SEO Writing Assistant needs to open up a new Google Doc each and every time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is at least one element or tool in this toolkit that you never realized you needed. Even for individuals, its worth the $69/month to have this competitive edge over others in the field.

Our sites SEO health, of course, but also the volume, opportunity and competitive context of our paid search ads. Even for high level social media reporting, SEMRush gets the job done in a fantastic manner.

SEMrush review by Dan S.
Dan S.

"So much to take in, but worth it"

What do you like best?

Continuous industry experience that pushes the limit of the SEM rush tool.

Comparison of Paid and Organic Keyword presence.

Tracking your positioning is a must have, and a great tool.

What do you dislike?

There's only a certain amount of free access. It's comprehensive and requires a significant investment of time to utilise the tools to the needs of your clients or business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's between SEMrush and Ahrefs to my mind, and I enjoy and much prefer the interface, options and scope that SEMrush gives you, be it from the position of an agency or an in-house user. Creating custom reports in the paid version is easy, and you are always in a great position to learn more about your digital presence and keyword recognition through SEMrush's bevvy of tools and analysis. Whilst I don't know if it will get to the next level via social media options, it's foray into the content analysis field makes it even more formidable against up-and-coming competitive software.

Keyword planning, and understanding how we stack up against competitors.

SEMrush review by Michelle T.
Michelle T.

"We've tried it all, SEMrush stuck"

What do you like best?

It is one of the most robust tools out there and it helps us train across digital silos.

What do you dislike?

It's so robust we have trouble keeping up with all of the new enhancements!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's definitely worth learning the tool - it might be overwhelming at first, but once you start using it, you'll never want to leave. Highly recommend the paid Pro version too. Some cool integrations are possible at that level.

We use it for social media tracking, keyword research for ppc and seo, and competitor analysis as well as content marketing strategies. It is out "go-to" for ANY digital research.

SEMrush review by Nathan C.
Nathan C.

"Great base tool with growing functionality"

What do you like best?

I like the competitive analysis characteristics of SEMrush. Being able, at a glance, to see how our ad buy and organic rankings are compared to others is nice for a pulse.

What do you dislike?

The reports can be a bit cumbersome and the flexibility of the data that is pulled on organic is so so... BUT is definitely getting better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is one of they key software packages that I bring to every company that I have done with with over the last 5+ years. It is part of my tool box when I am expanding any Demand / Content Strategy.

I have been able to more rapidly do keyword research for Organic content ideas along with Paid media content and where to expand in adwords.

SEMrush review by Administrator

"The best keyword research around"

What do you like best?

So many different available keyword researching tools and techniques for you to understand in every way which works best for you. Plenty of training, easy interfaces and navigation, good support, and no pressure to buy more upgrades, etc.

What do you dislike?

Only allows for one device logged in at a time for each user. Other than that I have nothing I dislike about SEM rush.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Explore all parts of it, including their video tutorials. You can learn something new every day

SEMrush is probably the site we use most for SEO. Really helps a ton when figuring out what people are searching for. We also use it for Site Audit tools to fix errors on our sites and rate better with search engines. Every time we use it we discover new tools to better optimize our sites and posts.

SEMrush review by Bob K.
Bob K.

"SEMRush is an indispensible SEM tool"

What do you like best?

I am a fan of the dashboard which gives me a quick overview of my websites and our competitors. When I need to drill down into Organic/Paid it is easy to see what is going on at a deeper level with any site listed.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike. SEMRush continues to expand the tools available which make it a big help for all aspects of digital marketing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend SEMRush for any web marketer who needs SEM help for keyword research, competitive analysis/benchmarkeing, and more as SEMRush continues to build out features and functionality.

Right now we are mostly using for our SEO needs. It is a great tool for research, monitoring and competitive analysis. SEMRush also offers training on the tool to make sure you get the most benefit out of all the features.

SEMrush review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"A SEO Tool To Add to your Arsenal "

What do you like best?

If you are a true SEO or link building expert than you are most likely utilizing multiple tools. SEMRush should be one of those tools. I can set up a project within 30 minutes and have a full backlink audit and ranking reports within 24 hours. SEMRush is a fast tool with a reliable index that has helped me do competitive analysis and reporting for clients worldwide.

What do you dislike?

I wish the tool would provide all country and device reporting. You have to select the type of reporting you want the system to default to. It's just a bit confusing on this part. It would be awesome if SEMRush partnered with Majestic's index -- they would dominate in the SEO tool market!

Monthly reports are generated and can be easily modified with their drop and drag editor. SEMRush uses Google Analytics and Google Search Console to be able to provide reporting in one place. This saves time so that I can focus on the real tasks at hand.

SEMrush review by Nikola J.
Nikola J.

"The now not so obvious choice of an excellent tool for SEO work"

What do you like best?

What I like the most about SEMrush is how precise their SERP numbers are and the amount of suggestions that they provide for SEO improvements. It can definitely motivate you to update some things.

What do you dislike?

I guess I could say that I dislike the delay their database has between refreshes, but that's just because we've been spoiled by Ahrefs and isn't an actual issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You need to know exactly what you need. All of the major SEO tools can do everything, in a nutshell, but one does some things better than the next one. Research SEMrush, Ahrefs and Moz Pro before deciding which one to go for. There are also hundreds of alternative (smaller) tools, but that's probably a harder route to take, as then you'll have to manually put together some kind of a dashboard etc.

With SEMrush you can track all of your keyword positions, as well as research any new ones you want, extract reports to reduce your workload and help out with the clients.

SEMrush review by Administrator in Computer Software

"The Best SEO Tool for Digital Marketing Professionals"

What do you like best?

The details they are giving are very useful. Whether it is organic keywords, backlinks or even optimization ideas, everything actually helps a lot. The best part is, they are upgrading their tool on a regular basis and with useful features.

Talking about the price, the pro account with around $100 is enough for any business or digital professionals.

What do you dislike?

Their support is not appropriate. There is a suggestion box where you can suggest something but I never see any action on those points.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Here you have the option of 14 days trial. So go ahead and explore everything. Add your website as a project to see the data closely.

Their SEO audit is very strong and will help you to know the loopholes in your digital strategy.

It really helps me to understand where my business stands. Even I can compare with other domains.

If you are new to SEO, this tool really helps to understand SEO and other techniques related to it.

SEMrush review by Ryan C.
Ryan C.

"SEMRUSH is an easy to use yet powerful SEM tool"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to use SEMRUSH to do keyword research, competitor backlink audits, rank tracking, site audits, traffic analysis, page metrics, analysis, on page site audits, and more with their SAAS platform. I also like the fact that there are lots of links within the features that allows you to dive deeper into different metrics that will help your data and SEM analysis. It's also one of the most affordable SEM tools today.

What do you dislike?

I didn't like the fact that sometimes SEMrush would crash and I'll have to redo my analysis. It could also be because I've tried to extract dozens of links at the same time. Also, SEMRUSH doesn't allow multiple different computers to be opened. There are times that I'll be working on my desktop and my laptop, and I'll have to login again if I move from one computer to the next. I'm hoping at least 2 computers that are simultaneously logged in would help with this, but I guess it's their way of preventing multiple people accessing the software at the same time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SEMRUSH is a powerful, all in one tool that can help you dominate your niche in SEO and PPC.

Being a professional blogger, it's important to learn how to drive traffic to your own websites. And one of the best ways to drive traffic is through SEO or search engine optimization. Because of the SEO changes in the past few years, it's now more important than ever to be better at what you do. And SEMrush has helped me with that by allowing me to analyze what's working for my competitors.

SEMrush review by Jordan M.
Jordan M.

"The Absolute Best"

What do you like best?

I was surprised when I recently looked and saw I had been using SEMrush for over 5 years now. Can’t imagine operating a website or montiroing multiple platforms without it.

What do you dislike?

The mobile interface isn’t the best but hey it works and recently they noticed from my user activity I was using the mobile browser frequently and they were very interested in ways to improve. That’s hard to beat.

SEMrush allows me to ensure that the SEO efforts underway for our various projects are working along with providing incredibly valuable research tools for growth and opportunity.

SEMrush review by Sameer A.
Sameer A.

"Semrush is great tool for competitor analysis & keyword research"

What do you like best?

This tool has some great feature that makes SEO easy for our organization. Using this tool, I can perform SEO & backlink audit on my website. Moreover this tool help me to do in depth competitor analysis which is great. The keyword research tool helps me to find the best tools for keyword finding

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike in this tool. This tool is excellent

This tool has made SEO easy for me. It help me to stay one step ahead of my competitor and steal backlink opportunities from them

SEMrush review by Andre P.
Andre P.

"SEMrush for SEO and SEA"

What do you like best?

Its a great tool for SEO and SEA. And you can check Display-Ads too.

What do you dislike?

You can create different "Projects". It is a great deal, but its not so easy to create these projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A lot of functions: seo-analysis, sea-analysis, backlink-check, competitors-analysis and a lot of more. You can use the tool for a great price. And if you need help the SEMrush support will help you right in time.

SEMrush is a fantastic tool for SEO and SEA. You can check your keywords rankings, your url rankings, competitors ranking. And you can check all your search engine advertising ads (google adwords). If you want to check what your competitor is doing in adwords and textads, you can check their creatives (textads) and analysis the data. And SEMrush is not expensive. You can get a really great tool for a great price. And if you have a problem you can write to the supportteam of SEMrush. The support is quick and clear. They want to help you right in time. If you create your own "project" with SEMrush, you can choose a lot of your keywords and the tool will send you an automatic report every week via mail. You can change the Report-Layout if you need the report for a meeting or for your general managers. For me its a must have tool and would use it in every company. If you are not sure about using this tool - you can use the free trail version.

SEMrush review by User in Computer Software

"Extremely robust, vital to our SEO strategy"

What do you like best?

Keyword tracking is very detailed yet simple to set up, people at all levels in our organization know how to access SEMrush to see and export the analytics they need. We couldn't track our progress without it.

What do you dislike?

Hard to find an criticisms here ... if anything I would say there is a learning curve because the platform is so detailed - it can be difficult to pick up right away. As well, some of the features are still in beta.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are taking your SEO and content strategy seriously, you will need a tool like this. If you are just starting your SEO strategy, this might be too robust/expensive for your needs.

We didn't have a way to properly track the trends and success of our SEO efforts prior to using SEMrush. Everything is kept within one tool and we can run hundreds of different reports for different business units. The main thing we track with SEMrush is the keyword rankings for our company as well as all of our competitors.

SEMrush review by Maciek P.
Maciek P.

"Essential SEO Optimization Tool"

What do you like best?

The keyword magic tool is essential to my daily search optimization efforts.

What do you dislike?

I wish it had a better process for determining which backlinks are actually harmful. There is a set of websites which links to us, and google.com is in their spam content as well. Google knows this, and has not asked to be removed, yet SEMRush sends us notices to take action, which are not necessary.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SEMRush does not have a crawler as good as MOZ, but they offer much more features as half the cost of PRO. I highly recommend this tool to any SEO professionals!

SEO rankings, keyword research, link neighborhood analysis, and competitor analysis. The info is super detailed, indepth and provides immesurable insights for us every week. I would not want to do without this tool!

SEMrush review by Victor S.
Victor S.

"SEMRUSH Is A Must For Any Digital Marketing Agency "

What do you like best?

The feature that shows the traffic metrics. This is a key metric that we use to identify if our guest post websites are worth getting a link from.

If a website isn't getting any traffic, then that is a tell-tale sign that the guest post website isn't in good health.

What do you dislike?

I wish it could be cheaper or wish the search history feature came in the basic package

Recommendations to others considering the product

Better backlink analysis tool or have more accurate ways of identifying keyword difficulty for SEO.

SEMRush helps us verify that our guest post websites are in good health and currently ranking for some keywords.

By checking the traffic metric, you can easily spot pbns because if a website looks great aesthetically, but isn't getting any traffic, it's either a penalized website or a PBN.

SEMrush review by Christopher J.
Christopher J.

"Keyword and Competitor Research at its best"

What do you like best?

I use SEMrush to perform keyword and competitive research. I am able to quickly not only review the backlink profiles of my competitors but also research the keywords they rank for.

It is the easiest way I have found to quickly build up that profile.

What do you dislike?

There is a steep learning curve. Also, with any data gathering platform you have to go in with specific questions. If you don't then you will get what I like to call data fatigue. This is when you are overwhelmed with the amount of information and therefore are unable to get actionable insights.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try out the product for free at their website. It is an amazing way to get a good feel for what insights you can gain.

My role is focused on generating qualified leads. To do this I need to build a strong keyword and competitor profile.

SEMrush has allowed me to do this in a very quick manner that I can act on immediately.

SEMrush review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great tool to analyze and improve your website"

What do you like best?

I appreciate the weekly emails on any improvements I can make to my website. They give me great suggestions to check on things and change some things to get better results. They analyze my site on a regular basis automatically so I don't have to do this manually and then I get the email as a reminder.

What do you dislike?

The service is very good but the plans are expensive. There is a lot of information on the page itself so it takes some time to read up on everything and learn the in and outs. Someone with no knowledge will have a hard time understanding everything at first.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The free tool is very helpful in detecting errors in your page and comparing it with your competitors. It is worth trying it out.

Knowing how my website performs in contrast to my competition

SEMrush review by Ankur S.
Ankur S.

"The Complete SEO Toolkit!"

What do you like best?

SEMrush provides me with everything needed for my SEO. From Keyword Research to Competitor Analysis, it has got you covered with the wide array of its product's capabilities. On top of it, the blog and community SEMrush has maintained is beyond phenomenal and adds value to the world, and not just people who pay to subscribe for the service.

What do you dislike?

Everything that Moz additionally provides and is missing from SEMrush is what drives me crazy. The pricing isn't perfect either, given that the cheapest plan is $99/month won't be judicial for everyone to invest that kind of money.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do make sure your team will be able to derive enough value out of the tool.

Competitive business intelligence for Search Engine Optimization and Search Engine Marketing. The most amazing benefit is how Inbound can drive an insane amount of business for you.

SEMrush review by Agency
Agency

"Great Keyword Research Tool"

What do you like best?

I think is very comprehensive in finding great keywords to use for your Adwords and SEO campaigns. It gives us related keyword with volume that we wouldn't have thought of without SEMRush. We also like the SEO Keyword Report that shows the current rankings of our tracked keywords.

What do you dislike?

I think the SEO features past keyword research is lacking a bit. Also, the white label features could be improved. The SEO reports need to be white-label more and give us more options for branding. It also uses a lot of text/descriptions that make it look quite cluttered.

I think are starting to use it for social reporting. It has some features that are pretty cool but are at the beginning stages. We can't wait until this feature progresses in SEMRush.

SEMrush review by Brad K.
Brad K.

"Like Having a 24/7 Employee Who Does Not Take Breaks"

What do you like best?

In the world of SEO in 2018, constant monitoring of your internal and external presence is a must. Without a service like SEM Rush, we would not be able to keep up. The incredibly long list of product features and reporting capabilities saves me and my company tons of time and money finding actionable insights that lead to real results fast!

What do you dislike?

Account limitations on what can and cannot be monitored

making sure our SEO profile across the web is clean, showing positive results, and trending in the right direction. The biggest advantage is the backlink audit tool, which identifies poor or worse link locations that should be removed or disavowed from our link profile. This feature alone is worth the full amount we pay each month for the service!

SEMrush review by Steve W.
Steve W.

"There is No SEO without SEMrush Insights"

What do you like best?

Our team lives and breathes within SEMrush for helping discover keyword opportunities for a full taxonomy build out based on competing domains, and for pulling individual page insights against competing page-level URLs for content optimization. However, our favorite feature is the dashboard insights that help us understand paid, organic and high level traffic estimates. With Keyword Planner moving to broad ranges, smaller businesses simply can't live without the data SEMrush is able to collect.

What do you dislike?

Our team loves intersecting link opportunities from tools like Ahrefs and really wish SEMrush would get it together on being able to pull intersecting keyword opportunities automatically. Not that we don't like pulling organic data ONE URL AT A TIME and then running a pivot table for each new page we are putting an outline together for (sarcasm), but it sure would save us a lot of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely explore all the other platforms out there as it's been over a year since we've seen any of the updates alternatives have made. That being said, most of my peers still use SEMrush so there's something to be said there.

Our team attempts to discover what keywords we should emphasize on a given page to help search engines know what's important about the page and rank it appropriately in search results. If the top 20 ranking pages in Google all use a common set of search phrases, which of those phrases receive the most search volume? So much valuable insight in SEMrush, we really can't live without it.

SEMrush review by Katie H.
Katie H.

"Search Rankings Made Easy"

What do you like best?

My company does custom analytics tracking and reporting for all of our clients. My favorite feature is that I can create separate "projects" for each client and keep every project separate. This holds all of the data in one place on one simple platform.

What do you dislike?

There are several tools still in the "beta" mode and some tools don't function as well as I'd like. On the flipside, some tools I really like but they don't stick around because they didn't make it through the final beta phase.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a robust tool that helps you build out custom reports for your clients, this is one to consider. It's been great for our digital strategy efforts and has a great support staff.

We're able to track website analytics, keyword rankings, visibility, search volume, and so much more. The best part is that it's all being tracked on one platform and I can do a simple competitor analysis right within the program.

SEMrush review by Administrator in Tobacco
Administrator in Tobacco

"Great SEO tool for tracking keywords for your website and competitors "

What do you like best?

I use this tool for tracking keywords for your website and competitors. I also use it to help me determine what keywords to go after to gain some more SEO juice. In addition we use the web crawl feature which give me some great technical insight on my website pages.

What do you dislike?

Recently there has been some dramatic changes to the keywords that are attributed to our site and a large shift in estimated organic traffic which I am not really seeing on our end with search console or analytics. Which make me unsure of the accuracy of these numbers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a quality SEO monitoring tool at a low cost SEM rush will be one of your best options.

This helps us with tracking or organic search and and various organic keyword ranks.

SEMrush review by Tamra R.
Tamra R.

"great product for SEO research and action"

What do you like best?

It's user friendly and super actionable i recommend it to many folks starting down the SEO pathway.

What do you dislike?

Some things are confusing and the knowledge base lacks enough depth to help define those confusing pieces.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a really effective tool. you do need to have some basic understanding of SEO and it helps to be tech savvy. But it is easy to learn and can be a very helpful tool.

SEMrush is the basis for our companies SEO strategies... although it's not the only tool we use to accomplish this feat it definitely benefits us. It allows us to do in depth competitive analysis and make gains within our SEO goals. It also allows us to track our website health making sure we take care of errors quickly. this is a huge benefit to us as it ensures our users experience on our site is a good experience.

SEMrush review by User in Luxury Goods & Jewelry
User in Luxury Goods & Jewelry

"Great service for specific purpose"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and ability to track traffic and search metrics for sites where you do not have control of Google Analytics is an invaluable tool for my work.

What do you dislike?

There are some limitations to the tool - specifically in terms of tracking traffic. Some websites track too low to be reported on SEM Rush, and the reporting can be unreliable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I used SEMrush at a previous company, and recommended it to our current organization, where we use it frequently. It has served its purpose in both corporate applications.

SEMrush allows us to compare apples to apples across a broad network of websites we do not manage. It is an invaluable tool for understanding how these sites are ranking for search, specifically on keywords relative to our brand. It is also helpful for determining if a business is running paid search or not.