SEMrush

SEMrush is professional software for search and marketing professionals

Work for SEMrush?
Conductorsearchlight review  2x

Learning about SEMrush?

SEMrush Reviews

Ask SEMrush a Question
Showing 252 SEMrush reviews
SEMrush review by <span>Chris K.</span>
Chris K.

SEMRush Used for InHouse SEO and Digital Marketing.

What do you like best?

The best tools about SEM Rush are the link analysis and and keyword analysis tools. The keyword and link reports, comparisons, and dashboards are very robust in SEMRush so you can get very broad information from dashboards are get very granular with specific back linking or keyword analysis reports.

What do you dislike?

Some of the things I dislike about SEMRush are the suggestions that they provide with page checkerr etc, they are good general guidelines but don't always apply to every situation. Also some of the terminology that they use is way to niche, not even in the SEO world but niche to SEMRush.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you do In-House SEO and Digital marketing I highly recommend using SEMrush. It has great features from both a monitoring standpoint and working standpoint.

SEMRush allows me to have a second opinion when it comes to SEO tools and techniques. It also provides a valuable keyword analysis tool. Additionally, it allows me to build links for local SEO which has been a huge help with local SEO link-building and monitoring. It allows me to monitor my back links in-depth to ensure that I don't have spammy or poor links connecting to my site, and to search for the best place to create new local links.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SEMrush
SEMrush review by <span>Andrea S.</span>
Andrea S.

Very good SEO dashboard - good keyword analysis / awesome customer service / great overall resource

What do you like best?

Awesome SEO tool. I use it on a daily basis and most other SEO colleagues also use it. You can benshmark your domain with that of competitors - on different levels (PLA/Display Ads/backlinks/rankings). Very usefull and very detailed information.

You can further use it to expand on the keywords and find new related ones with the keyword analysis function. Also good if you want to expand into new markets.

What do you dislike?

There is not a lot you really miss. Updates are not as frequent as they used to be, but the team is always open to suggestions and actively communicating what is about to change and what they are working on.

I am missing a bit the information on big changes to google and what we as end users should keep in mind when optimising the website. This could be a lot clearer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definetly give it a try. Most features are free and a great help.

I know you probably already work with a lot of tools and dashboards. But I could get rid of a few tools and now use SEMRush for it. Love it.

Optimizing our website for search engines.

What SEO solution do you use?

SEMrush review by <span>Kelsey C.</span>
Kelsey C.

SEMRush is an easy to use tool

What do you like best?

It's easy to use to in terms of just dropping in a domain or keyword for quick metrics. I also like that you can compare 5 domains. It has been really easy for me to teach our content strategists how to use the tool, even thought they are not as technically savvy. This was the first tool I learned to use for SEO, and it's definitely easy to catch on as a beginner and you do not need extensive technical knowledge.

What do you dislike?

The dashboards are a bit clunky compared to competitors dashboards and sometimes when I've clicked through the sidebar it has cleared the domain search. I prefer using Ahrefs to this tool because I think the upper toolbar presents your options better and it has an easier user interface with which to interact.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product for the price but Ahrefs is my preference.

General SEO research for writing new content pages on my company's website and looking at keyword gaps compared with competitors. It is very beneficial to see quick results and nice to be able to compare various domains in one view. An SEO tool is necessary when auditing pages on your site or other sites. I use it now internally, but used to work at an agency where I used it on websites in many different industries. It works well across different industries and has not lacked in terms of collecting more bizarre, unique terms.

SEMrush review by <span>Yum Y.</span>
Yum Y.

awesome tool for everything SEM

What do you like best?

the multitude of different tools and frequent updates for additonal features is the best on the market. Also especially good when comparing your competitors with you.

Also very usefull for looking at your backlinks, top keywords, site statistics etc.

Use it to find relevant keywords all the time. Do not want to miss it. You can also run a SEO audit on your website . Which is OK useful.

What do you dislike?

The customer service is not as good as I would like. Probably because you are not with the highest plan, the priority isnt the highest for me, but I would still like some kind of fast feedback from a representative for me and my clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try not to overly rely on customer service. I got faster help on reddit than by the reps. Quora is also sometimes helpful

Optimizing our website and the website for our clients for search engines, do audits, and keyword analysis

SEMrush review by <span>Fred H.</span>
Fred H.

Continuously making content marketing lives easier

What do you like best?

What's not to like? There are comprehensive tools to make your search engine marketing (SEM) as strong us possible. With organic and paid search insights, you can find ways to align your keyword strategy and PPC strategy to meet your budget and understand what you're up against and, subsequently need to do. Within a keyword, you can analyse the types of content you are up against: long form, white papers, long blogs, video, if the term has PPC copy topped and tailed, if a snippet exists.

This is before I even get into the other tools that allow you to do more: the SEO content template builds you a content strategy straight from a keyword search by analysing what the top SERP links are offering.

What do you dislike?

The paywall is a minor quibble, as software this comprehensive requires investment. However, I think a cheaper cost of entry than $100/month is warranted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ahrefs isn't cheaper and has a less appealing interface and layout. SEMrush is aesthetically pleasing, but you need to be willing to allocate budget to it and to make use of the comprehensive array of tools it brings to the table to recoup that investment. Free plans might suit if you only want 10 keywords to look at; if not, buckle up. Use it right, and it'll be worth it.

Understanding where our traffic generates from, where we stack up against our competitors and how we can overcome this. We're gaining insights on what content is working for competitors, and mapping out how we're going to overcome that.

SEMrush review by <span>Renee P.</span>
Renee P.

Great Platform For A Small SEO Team

What do you like best?

I really like the projects you can set up in SEMrush. We have a lot of different solutions so I create projects for each one with specific keywords. Then I used the project dashboard to see how that set of keywords is ranking, trending, SEO suggestions, social etc. I also like that within the project you can see specific landing pages and what keywords are ranking for that landing page.

What do you dislike?

In addition to the projects, there's a lot going on and it's kind of overwhelming. There's a lot you can do in the platform but I haven't found any helpful documentation or videos to help me through the other elements. I had a call and someone showed me the projects but then they just moved on to trying to sign me up for the business account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set up projects - they are really helpful and you can get a lot of detailed information.

I manage our SEO and I needed another tool in addition to Google Search Console. We also didn't want to pay an SEO vendor, so we decided to go with this tool to help track how our keywords were doing. We had an issue with one of our tags and our keywords dropped off completely and I was able to see that this happened because of the charts in SEMrush, and we made the needed adjustments. If we didn't have this tool that could have been left for months.

Learning about SEMrush?

* We monitor all SEMrush reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.