(461 reviews)

Learning about SEMrush?

SEMrush Reviews

Ask SEMrush a Question
Showing 460 SEMrush reviews
SEMrush review by Marco D.
Marco D.

"Probably the only tool you will need!"

What do you like best?

With SEMrush you will be able to do so many things.

I think that you probably need 30 employees to take advantage of all the features you will get with a basic semrush pro plan.

You can do crazy stuff and it will save you so much time if you are trying to be the king with your websites.

Just to mention a few basic features:

- it will help you create the best backlinks

- it will help you improve your content so that your website will rank!

- you can spy on competitors strategies.

- you can spy on competitors advertising strategies.

- you can track keywords,

- you can run the most advanced site audits.

What do you dislike?

There is no a lot to dislike, and even if you find something to dislike, just contact the support and they will do their best to make it even better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will need to prepare yourself for a huge amount of data to study! You might not be able to do all the work that can be done alone!

I was able to spy on my competitors most visited pages and backlinks and content strategies.

SEMrush gave me detailed tips on how I could improve my websites in order to rank on the first page.

It helps you with stuff that you as a human can not understand in order to rank.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SEMrush
SEMrush review by John S.
John S.

"Great product for keyword research"

What do you like best?

Provides a great deal of data in an easily consumable format and with the ability to export to excel which makes adding SEM data to our reports simple. SEMrush makes doing keyword, organic and competitor analysis lightning fast which reduces our time spent gathering data and gives us more time to work with the metrics and provide better strategies to our clients.

What do you dislike?

The interface is somewhat cluttered as they've added more and more features which produce pages and pages of tabulated data. While this is critical for viewing and comprehending the important pieces, it can become monotonous over time, and confusing to remember where things are navigationally.

SEMrush helps us quickly get critical data about our clients' websites that we research on a regular basis. We integrate reports from SEMrush into our monthly strategic analysis to our clients. The functionality from SEMrush saves us countless research hours and allows us to maximize our SEM/SEO budget.

What SEO solution do you use?

SEMrush review by Jakub S.
Jakub S.

"SEMRush Makes You Look Smart"

What do you like best?

The Backlink Analytics tool can provide lengthy lists of competitor's backlinks that can be exported in spreadsheet formats. You can see your competitors backlink strategies including legitimate (blogs, directories) and illegitimate methods for gaining domain and site authority on Google. I also appreciate the keyword rankings, as it allows for easy reporting and tracking of SEO optimization strategies and keyword campaigns. Great tools for tracking keywords campaigns against similar business as well.

What do you dislike?

The issue with all Analytics platforms is that they have, by their nature, a cluttered UI. While SEMRush allows users to customize their dashboards with the widgets of their choosing, it doesn't have a collection of custom-built templates like the Google Analytics Solutions Gallery. In short, use more contrast, negative space, and useful graphics, make it easier on my eyes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a full service solution to help track, inform, and improve your SERP placement, SEO strategies, backlinks and SEM activities, this is one of the best. The backlinks features alone are worth the price of admission, allowing you to study your competitor's backlink strategies and access the same blogs and directories.

SEMRush provides us with reports on SERP placement, keywords, SEO placement, competitors' SERP strategies, and backlinks. It's an invaluable tool for data which aids in analysis, guides marketing decisions and keeping clients informed of progress in SEO strategies. It was helpful to show how the results of a technical audit increased site visibility. Also good for tracking ad and keyword campaigns.

SEMrush review by Dmytro U.
Dmytro U.

"SEMrush for semantic core collection"

What do you like best?

I really like the fact that the design of the SEMrush website is responsive. For me, it is very important that the user interface is responsive, as I usually open two windows in the browser and place both windows on the desktop.

I really like the fact that the SEMrush service provides data for both Organic keywords and Paid keywords. I use Organic keywords data for SEO. I use data about 'Paid keywords' to collect keywords when the site does not yet have Google organic search engine results pages and I have the task to create an effective advertising campaign in Google Ad.

Most of all I like the fact that I can find new keywords that I can use on the current pages of the site. Thus, you can expand the semantic core of your site.

This allows me to significantly increase traffic on the site.

What do you dislike?

In SEMrush, almost everything is perfect except for the fact that the amount of data about backlinks is usually less than that of their main competitors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SEMrush is an all-in-one marketing toolkit. But I can recommend using SEMrush specifically for the semantic core collection.

Data about backlinks is better to take from other sources.

I use SEMrush to search for new keywords for my site.

I also use the service to search for sites of competitors that go up in the Google SERP. Then I analyze the On-page and Off-page SEO optimization of these sites.

SEMrush review by ashwin k.
ashwin k.

"Semrush is best seo tool for backlink creation & site audit"

What do you like best?

What i like best about Semrush is that it helps me to create high-quality backlinks without much efforts. This software helps me to do backlink gap analysis for competitors. This lets me evaluate and create a strategy to outrank my competitor. Also, this tool is great to find keywords and content suggestions to rank higher & drive traffic for my website. Without Semrush, I would not be able to obtain much success

What do you dislike?

One thing that I dislike about Semrush is that it is expensive and at a time only a single user can use this tool in my current plan

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool is excellent for improving the SEO of your website

This tool has made SEO quite easy for me. I can easily create keyword focused high quality content and backlinks for my website. Also, using this tool, I can find all problems in my website and improve on page SEO of my website

SEMrush review by Manish S.
Manish S.

"Semrush is a comprehensive SEO/ PPC tool"

What do you like best?

Semrush is a great tool for managing all your SEO in one place. Using this tool, I can discover the best keywords for my website and also perform the competitor analysis which is great. Moreover, using this tool I can sneak at what kind of ads my competitors are running and discover keyword and create best keyword

What do you dislike?

This is a bit expensive tool as compared to other SEO tools otherwise everything is great

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am not sure how this would help you but if you are looking for a comprehensive SEO tool then I would recommend this tool to you

Using this tool, I can efficiently manage all my on page and off page seo activities. Moreover, this tool works best for doing competitor analsis. Using this tool, we have really improved the Online presence of our website.

SEMrush review by Sergio R.
Sergio R.

"An indispensable tool in SEO"

What do you like best?

SEMRush has now grown so that it has a feature for pretty much any aspect of digital marketing, whether that's SEO, social and PPC.

The keyword tracking is one of the best elements. Daily position check on a good quota of keywords across your projects is great for quick references/health checks.

The reporting element is by far SEMRush's best feature, especially if you're an agency or company that needs to produce branded reports. The reports are fully customisable and use a simple builder tool to quickly make professional and data-rich reports in minutes.

The SEO audit tool doesn't feel like it's been expanded and improved much in recent years, but it's still one of the best features of the product. It's a pretty comprehensive and descriptive audit that is great for those with no to moderate SEO experience in improving SEO performance.

What do you dislike?

I feel they have become to bloated and lost their focus with the product features. They are trying too hard to be able to everything to some degree, rather than just focus on doing the SEO auditing and reporting as best as they can.

Originally SEMRush was loved by professionals because it was the go-to SEO audit tool, however I feel this is no longer the case. As they have tried too hard to add social, PPC and link metric tools into their product they have been left behind by competitors who can now provide more in-depth onsite audits.

Their position tracking is still as good as can be, although it would be good if they could track other search engines such as Bing.

Ability to keep a close eye on our SEO performance by tracking large numbers of keywords on a daily basis. The ability to create custom and data-filled PDF reports were also highly useful for internal meetings.

SEO auditing for quick glances at potential new issues and alerts of competitor changes.

SEMrush review by Sara O.
Sara O.

"A Vital Tool for SEO Work"

What do you like best?

I like the clear cut reports that I can send to clients. I appreciate being able to easily track my team's SEO efforts. And I LOVE the keyword magic tool. It makes it so easy to find new keywords!

What do you dislike?

You cannot be logged into more than one computer at a time. So if you log in at work and at home, or share passwords with your team, you can find yourself logged out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do you do SEO? Then SEMrush can help. There are other (free) tools that are helpful, such as Google's Keyword Planner and Google Analytics, but SEMrush adds additional benefits. Extremely helpful!

Absolutely a fantastic tool both for the research phase of SEO/SEM and tracking the results over time. They deliver branded reports that we can then turn over to the client for review.

SEMrush review by Mark C.
Mark C.

"Great multi-purpose tool capable of much more than competitive analysis"

What do you like best?

At the top of my list of reasons why I like SEMrush is using it for competitive analysis. However I also use it for prospect evaluations, SEO keyword analysis/research, site audits, SEO quake for chrome, and API interface to SEMrush database.

I also particularly like it that the SEMrush team does not remain idle - they are constantly adding new features, and beta testing new value add ideas for SEMrush users to get more insights.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike about SEMrush. Whenever I am disappointed that SEMrush doesn't have a particular feature, or discover something that I wished SEMrush had, I suggest it to the team and they are very receptive to new ideas- and including the new features in future versions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are doing competitive analysis for clients or prospects this tool is a must have tool. The API interface is a great way to enhance links to other evaluation tools, but that part is probably is not for technically faint of heart. The site audits are fairly easy to use and exploit, for top level insights and seem to have a much greater depth of capability than I have taken advantage of just yet. Site audits are helpful for evaluating key clients, and provides on-going regular emails as to how each site is doing.

SEMrush provides great insight into a prospect's pain areas, and where they might need help. It provides a data driven evaluation, that prospects appreciate when they see how their website is seen from the outside. I believe this tool helps me build relationships with prospects, that improves their confidence in my resources for evaluating their situation and to give them strategic insights.

SEMrush review by Ryan D.
Ryan D.

"Invaluable Tool For Webmasters & Marketers"

What do you like best?

I like the keyword position tracker and the site auditing with the competitor comparisons. It's really useful to see where my website is with a side-by-side comparison with our competition in regards to specific keywords we're targeting. The site auditing tool helps to identify issues with the website that can easily be fixed in order to get a better grade and be more relevant on search engines.

What do you dislike?

Only wish the interface was a little more streamlined and clean. There is a lot of noise on the various pages. Information overload with many tools I either don't know how to properly use (my own fault) or tools that are not useful to me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend using it for keyword tracking and research. It's a great tool for a side-by-side comparison with competitors.

SEO. We're able to track progress with keywords we are going after to see if our efforts are working.

SEMrush review by Logan D.
Logan D.

"Best analysis tool for most everything related to digital marketing"

What do you like best?

Where do I begin? Keyword research, competitive audits, keyword tracking, social monitoring, local listing monitoring are just a few of the things you can do with the tool. It's got pretty much everything you ever need. I particularly like the historical data in the keywords report which allow you to track your historical listings/rankings on a page by page basis.

What do you dislike?

Really nothing. There are some things that aren't entirely fleshed out but these tools are typically in beta. It'd be cool to have the mobile and desktop reports combined to see total search volume as well as the ability to view them individually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to watch the video tutorials and read their content on how to actually use the tool. At first glance it can be pretty overwhelming but once you know where everything is it is much more powerful.

Competitive audits (keyword, shopping, social). Measuring SEO efforts and website health.

SEMrush review by Leah H.
Leah H.

"One of the best SEO Tools Available "

What do you like best?

Easy to use & manage multiple projects. I love the interface, the help features, all of the SUPPORT with the blogs and videos. Even if you are not an SEO expert, you can quickly get inundated with all of the help available. It covers absolutely every area of SEO - social media, backlinking, tracking rankings, keyword research. And I find it to be pretty affordable compared to using multiple tools.

What do you dislike?

Technical Glitches on occasion, but that's really it!

Recommendations to others considering the product

This will be invaluable for your business. You will be able to better allocate all your digital marketing funds with the knowledge you gain from this program.

SEMRush is one of the best solutions I have found for discovering site errors, getting a great explanation on how to fix it, and even posting for social media. It covers end to end so many of the varied areas of SEO, that it's become an invaluable part of my business. My favorite has been utilizing the ranking tools to see how we compare against competitors, and also tips on getting featured snippets (which we achieved for one client this year!)

SEMrush review by Taha A.
Taha A.

"The best data-driven tool every marketer should have in their arsenal. "

What do you like best?

There are many aspects of the tool our marketing team enjoys. The first benefit of SEMrush is the reporting tool. The ability to create custom client reports with our logo has benefited us in many ways.

Next, the topic research tool is very powerful, as we can examine what people are searching for, and potential headlines/blurbs to address their search intent.

We can take this a step further and dig into keywords analytics to filter through which keywords are worth pursuing.

Another feature we really like about SEMrush is the ability to analyze our competitors. Seeing what keywords they rank for, their paid ads strategy, and where they generate traffic from is powerful. We can take this data and deconstruct our competitor's marketing strategy.

What do you dislike?

Only issue we've had with SEMrush is embedding the widget on our website

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think adding insight on social media ads (like AdEspresso or AdBeat) would be very beneficial.

Organic traffic: we use a combination of the keyword magic tool, position tracking, website audit, and numerous other elements to create, engage, and analyze an organic strategy.

Social media: we use the Twitter aspect of SEMrush the most. We track the number of total engagement, our best performing tweets, and any accounts that have mentioned us to boost our social media strategy.

Content template: this is our go-to tool to create a new, long post article to make sure we're optimizing our content strategy.

There are numerous other benefits of SEM. Each of the above elements can also be used to analyze competitors and deconstruct their strategy.

SEMrush review by Peter K.
Peter K.

"Perfect for Competitor & Keyword Research"

What do you like best?

Being able to see which keywords are driving to a specific domain is invaluable. Also having detailed keyword research with search volume and difficulty as well as recommendations makes it essentially a one-stop solution.

What do you dislike?

The pricing is a bit steep for a small company. Also, the general analytics reporting is non-existent. I can't really use it to check analytics, I need to check it separately.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the keyword research tool as well as the new SEO recommendations feature which is improving with each upgrade.

The biggest and best new feature aside from the keyword magic tool has been the ability to monitor links to export to your disavow file. This has saved us hours of work.

Keyword research is extremely important and we wanted to ensure that we're targeting the correct keywords and optimizing our pages. Also, there are always missed opportunities that we're not capitalizing on now which makes SEMRush even more valuable to us.

SEMrush review by Jerrod W.
Jerrod W.

"Excellent keyword and competitive research tool!"

What do you like best?

I've been a subscriber to SEMRush for 4 years. I love the ability to assess trends for keyword and overall traffic on the overview screen.

This has been so huge in benchmarking campaign success.

All the info on the keyword OVERVIEW is great.

I've been able to identify strong improvements and capitalize on them.

Also, it's helpful to know to see if there are any weaknesses, or improvements in my strategy to be made.

I LOVE how SEMRush still has more specific and precise keyword and Google traffic volume than Google's keyword tool. This has been a lifesaver in Keyword research and campaign development.

What do you dislike?

It goes down from time to time. It's frustrating, but it's not that often.

Google Keyword tool stopped giving accurate traffic volume estimates a couple of years ago, and the number range has been frustratingly broad.

It's been much more effective to use SEMRush for keyword research.

Also, knowing the previous positions of keywords to determine advancement or decline in the SERPS is really helpful.

SEMrush review by Tom V.
Tom V.

"SEMrush: the Swiss Army Knife of SEO (and SEM) Tools. "

What do you like best?

The evolution of SEMrush over the years has been phenomenal. My first time using the product, over 10 years ago, left me slightly underwhelmed. Boy has that changed! They have evolved into a tool that I use every day and literally can't live without.

What do you dislike?

At this point I'd be hard pressed to find any flaws in the product since they continually evolve and improve. If I had to pick one issue, though, occasionally the ranking tool doesn't read the SERP results correctly and reports a drop when there is none. This is relatively infrequent and something I've seen with other tools as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't try it unless you are prepared to fall in love with it.

SEMrush helps me as a sales tool since I can generate reports to show potential clients where their weaknesses are. From there it becomes my go-to baseline report generator. After that, it helps me identify issues and opportunities when working on a site and provides a great way to show progress to my clients.

SEMrush review by Bernadette K.
Bernadette K.

"SEMrush is My SEO Spirit Animal"

What do you like best?

SEMrush is so feature rich it's like your most favorite desert and after dinner drink all in one - with second helpings included! The keyword data, the social posting tool, the competitor data and more is simply incredible. The training tools, special webinars, and all the support SEMrush offers clients is of tremendous value over and above all its functionality as an SEO/SEM tool.

SEMrush allows me to grow my business and stay competitive in highly competitive and saturated niche. I'm grateful for SEMrush and thank everyone there for all they do to help online business grow and thrive!

What do you dislike?

Other than I wish SEMrush would run a Black Friday special price every year (Any year? C'mon guys, just once! LOL) I love everything about SEMrush!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to learn ALL the tools. You'll come upon opportunities to improve your site and marketing efforts that you didn't even know you were missing!

Massive growth in traffic & ability to surpass competitors based on provided data Also, started working with the Social Media Posting Tool and was able to give up paying for Hootsuite as well as increase social media following.

SEMrush review by Martin L.
Martin L.

"A Must for Your SEO Stack"

What do you like best?

The range of features, the accuracy of data, the ease of use, and ability to manage dozens of clients'. All of these features make it much easier and faster to do SEO and SEM research, audits, and creation.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike. SEMrush continues to add new features and test out new tools for different types of marketers. I do wish the API was available for all paying accounts, or at least those not on the first tier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There isn't much of a consideration here. You have to use this platform if you're trying to manage clients (or for your own company). SEMrush is a must. They compliment other SEO/SEM tools, so while there might be some overlap in features, they work together.

The list is enormous. We run scheduled website audits for 30-40 clients and our own website; we do keyword research and track the keyword rankings for our clients; we do ideation for content creation, ppc campaigns, etc; we do competitor research; we perform backlink audits; and so much more.

SEMrush review by Bill R.
Bill R.

"SEMRush is essential to what we do"

What do you like best?

SEMRush goes beyond dumping a bunch of data on you. They help shape, guide, and package our research and insights into deliverables. Even our junior SEO analyst can add value immediately to our campaigns.

What do you dislike?

It can be overwhelming. There is a lot of stuff and new features coming fast. I recommend starting a "Project" and move through section by section to can create a strong dashboard and insights that will make you look smart in front of clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it. You won't find a more full-featured SEO tool.

For us, the real switchover moment came with the reports that we could generate for clients. We were spending valuable time collecting and analyzing data, but then when we were ready to deliver our findings and recommendations to clients we were spending TONS of less valuable time packaging it up and making it presentable and consumable.

SEMrush review by JL F.
JL F.

"All-in-One SEO Tool for Beginners & Experienced Professionals"

What do you like best?

The beautiful UI not only allows our SEO team to learn what's what in the SEO game much easier, but our clients love the reports! In-depth, pretty and customizable for any niche out there.

What do you dislike?

What do I dislike? Sounds like a trick question because I have yet to find anything I don't like. The SEMrush Support Team is reachable and insightful and quick to help!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth the money. No doubt about it. That is my promise.

Keyword Research: a lot of clients don't know what queries to go for, they just assume their best product is what's best to focus on. SEMrush helps determine what users actually search for. Competitor Research: again, most clients don't know who their true competitors really are. Site Audit: easily find and fix crucial issues in client websites that quickly increase organic search results. And there's so much more!

SEMrush review by Chris K.
Chris K.

"SEMRush Used for InHouse SEO and Digital Marketing. "

What do you like best?

The best tools about SEM Rush are the link analysis and and keyword analysis tools. The keyword and link reports, comparisons, and dashboards are very robust in SEMRush so you can get very broad information from dashboards are get very granular with specific back linking or keyword analysis reports.

What do you dislike?

Some of the things I dislike about SEMRush are the suggestions that they provide with page checkerr etc, they are good general guidelines but don't always apply to every situation. Also some of the terminology that they use is way to niche, not even in the SEO world but niche to SEMRush.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you do In-House SEO and Digital marketing I highly recommend using SEMrush. It has great features from both a monitoring standpoint and working standpoint.

SEMRush allows me to have a second opinion when it comes to SEO tools and techniques. It also provides a valuable keyword analysis tool. Additionally, it allows me to build links for local SEO which has been a huge help with local SEO link-building and monitoring. It allows me to monitor my back links in-depth to ensure that I don't have spammy or poor links connecting to my site, and to search for the best place to create new local links.

SEMrush review by Andrea S.
Andrea S.

"Very good SEO dashboard - good keyword analysis / awesome customer service / great overall resource"

What do you like best?

Awesome SEO tool. I use it on a daily basis and most other SEO colleagues also use it. You can benshmark your domain with that of competitors - on different levels (PLA/Display Ads/backlinks/rankings). Very usefull and very detailed information.

You can further use it to expand on the keywords and find new related ones with the keyword analysis function. Also good if you want to expand into new markets.

What do you dislike?

There is not a lot you really miss. Updates are not as frequent as they used to be, but the team is always open to suggestions and actively communicating what is about to change and what they are working on.

I am missing a bit the information on big changes to google and what we as end users should keep in mind when optimising the website. This could be a lot clearer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definetly give it a try. Most features are free and a great help.

I know you probably already work with a lot of tools and dashboards. But I could get rid of a few tools and now use SEMRush for it. Love it.

Optimizing our website for search engines.

SEMrush review by Kelsey C.
Kelsey C.

"SEMRush is an easy to use tool"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use to in terms of just dropping in a domain or keyword for quick metrics. I also like that you can compare 5 domains. It has been really easy for me to teach our content strategists how to use the tool, even thought they are not as technically savvy. This was the first tool I learned to use for SEO, and it's definitely easy to catch on as a beginner and you do not need extensive technical knowledge.

What do you dislike?

The dashboards are a bit clunky compared to competitors dashboards and sometimes when I've clicked through the sidebar it has cleared the domain search. I prefer using Ahrefs to this tool because I think the upper toolbar presents your options better and it has an easier user interface with which to interact.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product for the price but Ahrefs is my preference.

General SEO research for writing new content pages on my company's website and looking at keyword gaps compared with competitors. It is very beneficial to see quick results and nice to be able to compare various domains in one view. An SEO tool is necessary when auditing pages on your site or other sites. I use it now internally, but used to work at an agency where I used it on websites in many different industries. It works well across different industries and has not lacked in terms of collecting more bizarre, unique terms.

SEMrush review by Yum Y.
Yum Y.

"awesome tool for everything SEM"

What do you like best?

the multitude of different tools and frequent updates for additonal features is the best on the market. Also especially good when comparing your competitors with you.

Also very usefull for looking at your backlinks, top keywords, site statistics etc.

Use it to find relevant keywords all the time. Do not want to miss it. You can also run a SEO audit on your website . Which is OK useful.

What do you dislike?

The customer service is not as good as I would like. Probably because you are not with the highest plan, the priority isnt the highest for me, but I would still like some kind of fast feedback from a representative for me and my clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try not to overly rely on customer service. I got faster help on reddit than by the reps. Quora is also sometimes helpful

Optimizing our website and the website for our clients for search engines, do audits, and keyword analysis

SEMrush review by Fred H.
Fred H.

"Continuously making content marketing lives easier"

What do you like best?

What's not to like? There are comprehensive tools to make your search engine marketing (SEM) as strong us possible. With organic and paid search insights, you can find ways to align your keyword strategy and PPC strategy to meet your budget and understand what you're up against and, subsequently need to do. Within a keyword, you can analyse the types of content you are up against: long form, white papers, long blogs, video, if the term has PPC copy topped and tailed, if a snippet exists.

This is before I even get into the other tools that allow you to do more: the SEO content template builds you a content strategy straight from a keyword search by analysing what the top SERP links are offering.

What do you dislike?

The paywall is a minor quibble, as software this comprehensive requires investment. However, I think a cheaper cost of entry than $100/month is warranted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ahrefs isn't cheaper and has a less appealing interface and layout. SEMrush is aesthetically pleasing, but you need to be willing to allocate budget to it and to make use of the comprehensive array of tools it brings to the table to recoup that investment. Free plans might suit if you only want 10 keywords to look at; if not, buckle up. Use it right, and it'll be worth it.

Understanding where our traffic generates from, where we stack up against our competitors and how we can overcome this. We're gaining insights on what content is working for competitors, and mapping out how we're going to overcome that.

SEMrush review by Renee P.
Renee P.

"Great Platform For A Small SEO Team"

What do you like best?

I really like the projects you can set up in SEMrush. We have a lot of different solutions so I create projects for each one with specific keywords. Then I used the project dashboard to see how that set of keywords is ranking, trending, SEO suggestions, social etc. I also like that within the project you can see specific landing pages and what keywords are ranking for that landing page.

What do you dislike?

In addition to the projects, there's a lot going on and it's kind of overwhelming. There's a lot you can do in the platform but I haven't found any helpful documentation or videos to help me through the other elements. I had a call and someone showed me the projects but then they just moved on to trying to sign me up for the business account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set up projects - they are really helpful and you can get a lot of detailed information.

I manage our SEO and I needed another tool in addition to Google Search Console. We also didn't want to pay an SEO vendor, so we decided to go with this tool to help track how our keywords were doing. We had an issue with one of our tags and our keywords dropped off completely and I was able to see that this happened because of the charts in SEMrush, and we made the needed adjustments. If we didn't have this tool that could have been left for months.

SEMrush review by Pat G.
Pat G.

"The Best Tool for Keyword Research"

What do you like best?

SEMrush is hands down the best tool for keyword research. I love that you can do competitor analysis and find the keywords people are searching to go to your competitor's site. You can add all your projects in one big dashboard and see a quick overview of your keyword rankings (I do this every other day to check if my sites were penalized/keywords dropped). The reporting feature is also a great alternative to Google Analytics and we send automated reports to our clients.

Overall this tool, along with Ahrefs are must-haves for any SEO who's serious.

If you know what you're doing the price for this tool is a bargain.

What do you dislike?

The keyword tracker is not the most accurate. If you want something better I suggest Microsite Masters or Pro Rank Tracker.

SEMrush saves our company time and $$$.

SEMrush review by Tamara B.
Tamara B.

"A Must-Have for SEO and Web marketers"

What do you like best?

Competitive analysis, definitely. SEMRush lets you compare the results from different websites, so that you can fine-tune your strategy against competitors, both for SEO and SEM.

What do you dislike?

I think it's a bit expensive. I'd like they had some cheaper plans just with SEO *or* adv/SEM tools. I could have the tools I need without paying for things I don't use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I like it and it is a very good tool. But I mainly focus on small businesses, and I often find SEMRush a bit expensive. Plus, I do SEO and not SEM, and I'd pay less for a plan with SEO tools only. I recommend to do a trial first: the keyword and page analysis are amazing and I think they are really helpful when it comes to optimize every page of a website. Plus, SEMRush competitive analysis allows you to compare the SEO/SEM/domain strenght etc. performances of several websites of your choice, so that you can take action and improve your rankings.

I can have a complete view on what's happening in SERPs with my site and with my competitor's and I can generate complete reports in a short time.

SEMrush review by Lucy B.
Lucy B.

"Great at monitoring SEO initiatives"

What do you like best?

Easy to configure reports and notifications to let you know how new pages on your website are doing to get you to your goal of ranking for certain keywords. I also love how you can look at a cerain site and see other sites that would rank along side them for specific keywords. Has been a really reliable tool for our company over the years.

What do you dislike?

Because I have notifcations set up on the keywords I'm monitoring, I'm not in SEM Rush every day and when I need to jump back into it, it can be hard to remember where things are and the reset password work flow has always tripped me up on their site.

We're able to easily realize the effectiveness of the pages we publish on our website in targetting certain keywords for ranking initiatives.

SEMrush review by Scott E.
Scott E.

"Excellent all in one tool for SEO and SEM"

What do you like best?

their tools for seo and sem are great, especially the audit tool and campaign tracking. I rely on their customer friendly graphs and competitive intelligence to show customers where they measure up to the competition and where they're performing well. It's really hard to estimate traffic to any particular site, but SEM Rush has some algorithm that calculates it. They also produce great content on their blog and with webinars. They really know who their audience is. I've also found their support to be top notch and are helpful walking you through using the tools features. Campaign tracking and SERP monitoring are also very useful. I've used the site audit feature for years now too.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to dislike anything, but some custom reporting would be nice. Some sites aren't crawled yet. Keyword research feels more indirect and could be more robust like Moz. I wonder how accurate the estimated traffic is, but I feel it's the best competitive info out there. SpyFu also does a great job.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for estimating pay per click traffic, competition, organic traffic, and common keywords. Site audit tool is also super helpful and provides specifics to help the site improve. Competitor comparisons are also exportable. Customer support is great and they also produce great content on their blog.

Mainly we're trying to get business competitive intelligence from SEM Rush. It's great for estimating and approximating PPC spend and traffic.

SEMrush review by Benjamin B.
Benjamin B.

"Great product to support your client work"

What do you like best?

What I like best is the number of tools offered to manage your client work. Two items I rely on weekly are site audits and search visibility tracking. In addition to this, there are tools offered for organic and paid competitor research which are fairly thorough, as well as optimization recommendations and backlink opportunity reports which can be useful, once the necessary setup has been process. Overall, SEMrush has become a fairly robust tool in the past couple years.

What do you dislike?

I get updates from the SEMrush team about how they're improving their keyword research data, however there are still holes in the data when I process reports to get competition levels. Compared to Moz, SEMrush is still behind the curve a bit. I hope they'll continue to make improvements.

From a business standpoint, SEMrush enable me to manage several clients from an SEO standpoint. Automating reports and offering remediation steps is a huge win when it comes to saving time.

SEMrush review by Chad A.
Chad A.

"An SEM tool "oldie", no longer a "goodie" for all SEM Needs"

What do you like best?

If you've worked in SEO/SEM for a good amount of time, then you are likely familiar with the platform and tool-sets and so ease of use is decent. Specifically, the keyword comparison tools.

Platform support is solid, as is there on-site knowledge base/FAQs if you do have questions. Competitive review of GA is solid.

What do you dislike?

Price. Expensive compared to comparable SEO or Paid Search tools (MoZ, Ahrefs, Keyword Spy, SpyFu) that are lower in cost per month and offer more.

Analyzing SERP competition is a bit clunky and other tools have better visualizations.

BETA tools are unusable/unreliable.

Semantic keywords/backlinks database are remedial for 2018.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Evaluate the trial version to see if it meets your company's needs before committing to a $99/mo rate when comparable or superior tools are available at much lower costs.

SERP ranking. Backlink analysis. Keyword research. Site Audits. Link Management. Research.

SEMrush review by Santosh M.
Santosh M.

"Semrush is SEO Specialist tool"

What do you like best?

Semrush is a great tool that helps me to easily create high quality backlink for our website which is a hard job. Moreover, using this tool, I can perform SEO audit on my website and improve the page on page of my website. Also I can get best keywords to write blogs and drive traffic on my website

What do you dislike?

I have tried many tools but this tool is great tool and there is nothing to dislike in this tool except price which is high

This tool is great as it help our client websites to improve the ranking and drive results for us. This tool give us notification of high quality backlink opportunity which is great and we need not to do any extra efforts.

SEMrush review by Mitch L.
Mitch L.

"The Perfect SEO Tool"

What do you like best?

SEMRush is just one of those tools that you can't live without. They have a very worthy competitor in a similar price range, but where SEMRush takes the cake is on their data for Google SERPs and SERP history.

What I like best is that you can see the entire SERP ecosystem of a website from rankings 1-100. Other tools do this, but SEMRush provides way more data and updates more often than competitors.

They also have multiple beta tools that eventually become fully integrated into the standard tool set. Domain vs Domain was a beta tool that has recently been fully integrated. It's very useful to see how well you stack up with competitors using this tool.

What do you dislike?

My only gripe is that lower tier players cannot white label reports. Monthly reporting is an essential in agency world, so being able to white label and combine the SEMRush reports with other reports would be nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SEMRush continues to innovate and test with their beta tools. If you use SEMRush, expect to keep getting new features!

SEMRush is an all-in-one SEO tool. It helps you save on costs compared to the enterprise tools like BrightEdge and Conductor. The toolsets within SEMRush are robust enough to keep your workflow tidy and the SERP data provides key insights for planning SEO tactics.

SEMrush review by Vijay C.
Vijay C.

"SEMrush is great SEO audit and backlink building tool"

What do you like best?

I have been using this tool for quite sometime and this tool has helped me to perform SEO audit on my website. Moreover, using this tool I can remove toxic backlinks from my website and also find new backlink opportunity

What do you dislike?

The SEO audit and backlink creation of this tool is best. However, the keyword research feature of this tool is what helps me best to find most profitable keywords and work on it

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this tool to everyone who is serious about SEO

This tool helps me to find new backlink opportunity and perform onpage SEO problems in my website. Using this tool, I can write high quality content for my website using keyword analysis

SEMrush review by Deepak B.
Deepak B.

"Arguably the most robust SEO tool in the market"

What do you like best?

Absolutely love their keyword research tool. Its phrase and related keywords reports give some really good suggestions and the metrics make it possible to decide upon not just the focus keywords but also some related keywords which make way for a strong keyword strategy. And, the fact that they are building a separate mobile database for keywords is also amazing.

Their SEO content template tool is also a great one for beginners. You have to just put the keyword you want to rank for and the target geo and it will provide you a template to do that. It'll tell you the keywords you need to use in your content and on-page elements and the domains from which you need to rope some backlinks to make your piece rank on the first page.

Also, you would absolutely love their Reports tool. It makes SEO reporting a breeze. The layout lets you bring the data on to the report in the form of tables/graphs/charts with just drag and drop. The only thing that is left for you is to analyze and summarize the data.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing really to dislike about the current features in the tool. But, I would definitely like to see some more tools/features for on-page SEO and content research.

Essentially we use SEMrush to minimize our keyword research time and to track our SEO efforts. The tool has been quite helpful in realizing both these objectives, so far.

SEMrush review by Enrique C.
Enrique C.

"Good tool for analysis of the competition and especially for SEO"

What do you like best?

This tool has many functionalities (and more that are releasing).

The most important for me are:

1) Information on competition keywords and organic traffic.

We can see the traffic of our competition and the keywords that have positioned and what % of traffic takes each one.

It estimates the visits that any website you want to know more information about. It tells you exactly which keywords are the most traffic generated for the web you want, in any language or version of google.

2) Search related keywords

It gives us information about similar words or synonyms.

3) Domain analysis vs. domain

We can make comparisons between different domains.

4) Ranking of the keywords

You can get reports of what words the domains have positioned. Which has won or lost since the last time. Ideal to monitor the evolution and track a website and our competition.

What do you dislike?

In my opinion, the biggest weak point is the estimate of visits made by the tool, which is not reliable at all. I have checked with domains that are making an important advertising investment, and the tool fails a lot in its estimation, giving values ​​much lower than real.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Semrush offers you a trial. Try this tool and see if it is worth the price you will pay for it.

Analysis of the competition for SEO and suggestions of related keywords.

SEMrush review by Ryan W.
Ryan W.

"Saddle up for Strong SEO"

What do you like best?

There are many SEO tools out there but the customer support on SEMrush makes it stand out from the rest. The learning curve for SEO can be high for most people but they have tools and resources to get your website high ranking really fast.

What do you dislike?

The pricing could come down a bit. If the pricing match competitors like SERanking and/or Moz, SEMrush would monopolize the SEO industry.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for an SEO solution to scale with, SEMrush is a bit higher budget but with the return it provides, you won't think twice about the fees.

We use SEMrush to provide metrics on what works best to bring our website to high rankings in Google. They show us which keywords are trending and would rank us high if we used them and it helps us increase the readability of pages.

SEMrush review by Matthew G.
Matthew G.

"Great Tool for SEO & SEM Research"

What do you like best?

The most essential feature of SEMRush working in SEO is measuring our sites' organic rankings for our keywords. The ability to choose a month and view how those rankings have changed over time is great. I love the competitive analysis features of SEMRush, especially being able to view a competitor's paid search keyword list.

What do you dislike?

I wish you could connect SEMRush with Google Analytics or Google Adwords so that the keyword data from SEMRush also had real keyword data from your own analytics/adwords accounts.

Nitpicking but I wish the overall UI was slightly easier to use because a lot of great features get lost. For example, I did not know about the Site Audit and SEO Ideas features until recently.

SEMRush helps us with measurement and optimization of our search engine optimization and paid search campaigns. We have seen better reports, improved organic rankings, and improved paid cost per conversion .

SEMrush review by Brantley C.
Brantley C.

"Excellent CRO/SEO Tool"

What do you like best?

I like everything about this software. It's really an extensive tool. I love their gap analysis tool because it shows me how to take advantage of the opportunities my competition is missing. I love the on-page SEO checker because it alerts me to potential SEO issues on my site and lets me know how to correct the problem. If you really use this tool your SEO and conversion will improve. In addition, their support is awesome! Just reach out if you need help or advice.

What do you dislike?

There is not really much to dislike. However, I think their social media tracker could be improved. SEMrush really needs to add Instagram and some engagement analytics. Also, the position tracker is a little challenging to set-up but once it's running it's great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this tool. However, someone has to own it. It requires time to master and you really have to work with it every day to maximize the value.

SEMrush provides so many benefits, I will just list my favorites. I love the SEO checker, the site audit, the keyword magic tool, the organic research tool, and the domain vs. domain tool. SEMrush helps me understand my traffic, my competition, my steps to conversion, and my placement in SERP.

SEMrush review by Gurmandeep S.
Gurmandeep S.

"There is no match for this SEO tool"

What do you like best?

I have been using this Tool for around two years for generating SEO reports for my client and company as well. There are different features which i like most, for instance- Backlink checker, Traffic analytic and domain vs domain. Semrush is the best tool I ever used to do Search Engine Optimization. When it comes to backlink then Semrush is my favorite due to its accuracy and specificness. In addition, Semrush has also helped us to improve our website's search engine ranking by providing insights. The tool also provides a management feature where we can add our project and work on them for a long time. Its been an awesome journey with Semrush. The tool enables us to work on different projects at the same time.

What do you dislike?

For being an SEO analyst I have tried many such tools but Semrush is better from all perspective except one thing which is multiple features. The beginner would not be able to use this tool perfectly initially but feel good over time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Otherwise, this tool is best from all angles but if you just want to have experience then go for its free trial. Must watch some videos or read the documentation before start using this tool.

Semrush has helped our organization in different ways as it not just improved our website ranking but also enable us to make our clients happy by providing the best results. Semrush helped us by letting us know about the backlink opportunities. The tool also allows generating performance report which saved our time as we were able to send SEO performance reports to our clients any time.

SEMrush review by Hamid K.
Hamid K.

"Semrush is great backlink building tool"

What do you like best?

I am using this tool to find great back linking opportunity for my website. The backlink audit report helps me to create quality backlink for my website. Moreover, the keyword research of this tool helps me to find best keywords to rank higher on SERP.

What do you dislike?

This tool is bit expensive otherwise it is a great tool

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool is great for building quality backlinks for websites. However, you should try using this tool to find out whether it works for you or not

This tool is great for creating backlinks for my website which is great. I don't need to hire a SEO agency to build links. I can easily create backlinks for my website

SEMrush review by Melanie D.
Melanie D.

"Great tool for making Performance-Based decisions for SEO"

What do you like best?

SEMrush gives you information on performance of things like keywords, backlinks, traffic, and more, for both yourself, and competitors, so you can make better informed decisions in all of your marketing efforts. You can learn exactly which keywords to use in your posts, web pages, and social media, and you can even find out where your competitors are getting backlinks from. This is helpful when creating a PR plan, or for boosting your SEO.

What do you dislike?

To take full advantage of all it has to offer, you have to go in with a good knowledge of SEO, campaigns, etc. It's not necessarily a tool for beginners.

It helps to optimize your time and effort, because you're able to focus on what we know already works, instead of starting from scratch and relying solely on our own A/B testing.

SEMrush review by anurag s.
anurag s.

"Semrush is best tool for Managing Website SEO"

What do you like best?

I have been using this tool for sometime and I really find this tool to be be useful. This tool helps me to find backlink opportunity for my website and also help me to discover the best keywords for my website. Using this tool, I can fix all on page issues of my website and improve its presence over web

What do you dislike?

This tool is expensive, I think they should consider their price

Using this tool I can create quality backlinks for client and also this tool helps me to find high search keywords and increase traffic of my website. Moreover, this tool reduce the manpower which is good for my business

SEMrush review by John B.
John B.

"SEM Rush is a Digital Marketing Agencies Best Friend!"

What do you like best?

We love the auto keyword finding feature because it allows to quickly find opportunity.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. The interface is busy but that's about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use it.

Even if it is just for competitive research.

We are using this primarily for competitive intelligence.

Identifying what competitors rank for to see where their efforts are or have been focused.

We also use it to identify areas of opportunity for customers.

Are there terms that we did not know they have visibility for that are on the cusp of breaking into higher profile positions that can be pushed a little to make that leap into high conversion territory.

This leads to High ROI for our customers.

The research is unmatched when compared to similar platforms.

SEMrush review by dinesh g.
dinesh g.

"Semrush review"

What do you like best?

I like the SEO audit of SEMrush. I can easily perform SEO audit on my website and improve the on page of my website. Moreover, using this tool I can discover the backlink opportunities for my website. I can find out how my competitors are performing and steal their backlinks

What do you dislike?

There is nothing much to dislike in this tool but as compared to other tools this is expensive

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool is best for those who are serious about SEO and backlinking

This tool makes the seo of my website very easy. I can easily find backlink opportunity for my website. Moreover, I can discover the best keywords for my website and content ideas for my webiste

SEMrush review by Bharath A.
Bharath A.

"Excellent Tool for SEO Professionals"

What do you like best?

Backlink Analytics - It's the best tool in the market for backlink analysis. Besides backlink analytics, I also like detailed site audit and SEO Ideas features

What do you dislike?

The keyword positions are not 100% accurate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's an excellent tool for SEO professionals and pretty much covers all aspects of SEO

I constantly look at backlink analytics to monitor toxic backlinks. I also use SEMRush to look at other backlink metrics such as no. of links, no. of referring domains etc. Beside backlinks, I use SEMRush to see what keywords my competitors are ranking for, common keywords among competitors.

Technical site audit is another excellent tool. It gives comprehensive information regarding on-page issues and technical issues. This tool helped me immensely while migrating our site from HTTP to HTTPS.

I also use SEO Ideas tool that gives me insights on how to improve on-page SEO, get more backlinks etc.

SEMrush review by Yohan A.
Yohan A.

"La mejor herramienta SEO del mercado."

What do you like best?

Es la herramienta definitva para SEO y planificacion de palabras clave, cuenta con una base de datos muy amplia la cual ayuda muchisimo a la hora de hacer un analisis SEO de algun portal. La posibilidad de monitorear el progreso de nuestra estrategia a traves del tiempo es un factor muy importante y las alertas por email cuando hay cambio relevantes son sumamente utiles.

What do you dislike?

La herramienta para analizar el diseño de los sitios carece de informacion relevante y algunas veces reporta issues que realmente no son problemas o que dificilmente se pueden solucionar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Exprimir la herramienta al maximo: Para poder sacarle el provecho necesario se deben pasar muchas horas usando esta herramienta, y podemos estar seguros de que con ella tendremos todo lo necesario para realizar una analisis SEO completo y adecuado para cualquier sitios web.

Analisis y creacion de estrategias SEO para una agencia de E-commerce y marketing digital.

SEMrush review by Jeffrey S.
Jeffrey S.

"Excellent Tool for Ironing Out Website Issues"

What do you like best?

SEMrush has a ton going on, and I mean that in the best way possible. The Website Audit tool is still the bread and butter, being that it allows you to fix pretty much every single negative flag you can imagine on your website. But tools like the social tracker/poster, the On Page SEO Checker, and Link Building center can make any SEO experts life significantly easier.

Everything in the suite is available from other companies as stand-alone software, but in many cases done more poorly. I was able to consolidate several of our monthly fees into a single one with SEMrush without losing any functionality.

What do you dislike?

Like most SEO tools, SEMrush can get you in a ton of trouble if you don't know what you're doing. Many of their suggestions can be risky in regards to rankings, and it isn't uncommon at all to go overboard making changes to get a 100% health score just to realize you have no idea which of them wound up negatively affecting you. It is very easy to wind up with data paralysis with the huge amount of information that winds up being presented to you at once, but it's manageable if you take it one tab at a time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't get bogged down in information, just correct issues one-by-one and before you know it, you'll have a solid grasp of the platform.

SEMrush is an excellent SEO tool that allows us to not only improve our own digital strategy; but monitor our competitors as well.

SEMrush review by Jovan M.
Jovan M.

"Complete PPC & SEO suite for marketing professionals"

What do you like best?

Using Sem Rush new feature Keyword Magic Tool I saves a lot of time to find a search suggestions. Competitor analysis works good with fresh and useful data. They also developed backlink audit tool, which was not before, and it's also works well.

I like their legendary support, they are very accurate with very helpful insights. It happened that my payment had expired by my mistake, they have renewed my account within a few hours. Well done.

What do you dislike?

I using password manager to login, but it happens that they will not accept the password in login fields.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Complete solution for PPC & SEO management.

Beside well developed tools it saves mi a lot of time in reporting, rank tracking audit and keyword research.

Learn more about SEMrush

SEMrush Videos

Learning about SEMrush?

* We monitor all SEMrush reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
(461 reviews)