SendGrid Email API

3.7

SendGrid Email API- Integrate in minutes with our email API.

Work for SendGrid Email API?

Learning about SendGrid Email API?

SendGrid Email API Reviews

Showing 128 SendGrid Email API reviews
SendGrid review by Kelly D.
Kelly D.

"Reliable and Scalable Marketing and Transactional email capabilities"

What do you like best?

All-in one transactional and marketing email solution that appeals to both developers and marketers. Easy to integrate API triggers into external sites / apps and also easy to integrate with 3rd party marketing stack providers. Full suite of solutions from managing marketing lists to creating campaigns or transactional triggers. Category-based transactional reporting gives me lots of flexibility in how to roll up /aggregate reporting data. Robust activity exports out to other marketing stack tools for open / click / send based segments.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see reporting developed out even further. e.g. more robust report data export options, more ways to slice and dice and analyze reporting data from the UI.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider how your data is managed, overlay your internal processes for setting up, creating and measuring campaigns. Consider taking in the SendGrid open / click export data as it is valuable to have and use in ways that you can't always do within the campaign UI. Think about how your programs divide up between marketing and transactional and which platform you will mail from. For example, I manage all our data in Simon Data and use SendGrid's transactional platform for both marketing and transactional emails but I have dedicated IPs for each message type.

Integrating a multi-layer marketing stack that leverages disparate data sources and tools to create a unified and robust customer communications and marketing platform. Great value for cost.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SendGrid Email API
SendGrid review by OBX S.
OBX S.

"Quick, Easy, Powerful Marketing Campaigns"

What do you like best?

The Marketing Campaigns engine that SendGrid rolled out has a number of benefits for the business owner that doesn't want to get into API code. The Marketing Campaigns drag-and-drop editor is easy to learn and quick to navigate. After building your first campaign, you can easily duplicate it and not have to build each campaign from scratch. You get 2000 free contacts and once your business grows to sending more emails per month, you can upgrade. Nice feature for startups. The metrics are very expandable - you can view your open rate, clicks, and unsubscribes all in one screen. You can even drill down to what types of devices that your customers are viewing your email on. Keeping your contact list slim and clean is simple by viewing your bounces, spam reports, and invalid emails in a simple screenflow. Chop and drop or review your contacts for validity. So much more available, we would suggest you give it a try! Beats ConstantContact, MailChimp and other more costly, simple email creators - plus your emails won't carry their branding!

What do you dislike?

We tried signing up for the Partners program to become an affiliate. We were directed to a simple contact form, filled it out, but never heard from anyone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Run the trial first and see if its right for you. Then, upgrade incrementally.

Email Marketing; the benefits are increased customer engagement, web traffic increase, and conversion rate of purchases has increased.

What Transactional Email solution do you use?

SendGrid review by Peter L.
Peter L.

"A robust transactional email provider"

What do you like best?

Sendgrid has become my default mechanism for sending emails from applications. Rather than deal with the uncertainties of having an SMTP server available, and the headaches of network issues, its great to be able to configure my applications to just send this off to a service that does it all for me.

What do you dislike?

It can be difficult to really get the answers you need when you need them with send grid because their UI has so much available to it. This is both a blessing and a curse. I am still getting a feel on my own for how to manage my processes better and take full advantage of what they have to offer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product if you need the capability. It is not for the casual, non-technical user to administer though.

I use Send Grid to send all my emails from my applications. Even those third party apps I setup that require an SMTP server, I can give them the credentials for a SendGrid SMTP. My own APIs make full use of the API. And while I use MailChimp currently for my email marketing, I am looking forward to trying out Send Grid when I have a change.

My big plus with SendGrid is the presence of web hooks. I can, and have, configured email addresses to point to SendGrid and had a webhook then post that information to a webpage I have written for processing and storage. This is amazingly useful technology.

SendGrid review by Daniel D.
Daniel D.

"Reasonable service"

What do you like best?

Getting setup and running was a smooth and seamless process. We switched over from Mandrill after they decided to combine the product with MailChimp and increase pricing. SendGrid even offered a similar plan with free credits to make the switch a no-brainer. Soon after we started paying for an account due to increased Email sending. However from the first level to the next is a big price increase for a small business getting started.

Being a small niche SaaS product and having the white labelling functionality is great, helps out customers trust in us more which is a huge benefit.

Tracking covers a lot of statuses which is great at an overview, however there is also times where this is inaccurate.

We use the SendGrid API as well as SMTP and found it super simple to setup with a number of libraries available and good documentation.

What do you dislike?

There hasn't been too much to dislike at this point.

We have had some minor problems with SMTP timeouts from time to time but they normally recover after a few minutes, not really ideal for some of our messages.

Support can be slow to respond to questions from time to time.

Had issues with shared IPs being blacklisted and being at the mercy of SendGrid to resolve or pay the huge jump in price for a small business getting started without funding to get a dedicated IPs and a Pro account.

Needing to have a PRO account for sub user management.

We allow our customers to craft their own internal emails to send to their own employees using the API and also send app based transactional emails using SMTP relay.

SendGrid review by Ari B.
Ari B.

"SendGrid transactional/marketing email service"

What do you like best?

The user friendliness of the UI is outstanding, reliable& stable service, plenty of tools for customization, well documented API, excellent deliverability, great tools for import, edit, name, rename, segmentating contact lists, great automation unsubscribers management, excellent email campaign building logics.

In other words: Great value for money!

What do you dislike?

Lack of tools to generate email workflow based on recipients reactions and time intervals.

Lack of initial wizard to help the user to fine tune the system for optimizing mail deliverability

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it!

We have SAAS ERP solution. We use Sendgrid for two different purposes:

1. Our system is using sendgrid transactional mail sevice (Through sendgrid API) for sending emails on behalf of our subscribers for various needs (invoice sending for example) .

2. We use the marketing campaign system directly, through user interface, by importing lead lists and creating campaigns for them based on segments to improve ctr and conversion rates.

SendGrid review by Andrew A.
Andrew A.

"Solid, reliable and easy to setup system"

What do you like best?

The user interface is really nice and for marketing, the drag an drop features whilst allowing for code editing in the section is fantastic! This is the first time I have seen in done like this.

What do you dislike?

Some of the pay walls are a pain, e.g. 3 day transaction history. You need at least 14 days and I am not happy that there are not more bulk email options only 40k and 100k.

For us we started using sendgrid just for API sends, but after realising the ease of use for marketing, we migrated from another provider to sendgrid, now all of our emails come from a single source and we like that.

It is more time efficient and saves costs.

SendGrid review by Lark I.
Lark I.

"Great if you are worried about deliverability. "

What do you like best?

I've used Sendgrid for both marketing and transaction emails. It's less user friendly than other options but it's reliable and I trust their consistency with delivery. If anyone is having issues email delivery I always recommend Sendgrid for an easy solution to remove their headache. It's api means makes integration easy. It's very reasonably priced and would be great for smaller businesses with low budgets if they have a team to get it set up.

What do you dislike?

It's not as user friendly as newsletter programs so I usually only recommend it to larger business or techy teams. The other occasion where I recommend them is if someone has repeatedly had issues with delivery because I think this is where Sendgrid shines. There is a larger setup barrier but this is generally worth it because all this setup means better reliability for your messages and campaigns.

Email delivery problems! It also has great email marketing features that add confidence that your campaign will be delivered but it's not very user friendly as other newsletter programs.

SendGrid review by Steve B.
Steve B.

"Great API for sending transactional emails"

What do you like best?

We currently use SendGrid for our transactional emails as well as our marketing emails (they recently added the marketing piece). It is flawless for transactional emails. I really like that I can have templates and edit them directly on the SendGrid site and then pass in whatever data I want via API when sending the emails.

What do you dislike?

The marketing email tools are still being fleshed out. I'm not complaining about them, but the email editing tools aren't anywhere near as easy to use as Mailchimp's editor. I'm optimistic for it, though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep in mind it is still growing up and will continue to improve over time. SendGrid is a great company who's come a long way since their inception. They already have the best-in-class transaction email sending so they know how to send email that arrives successfully, so jumping on board here is a smart move.

We're able to jump in and send out emails to customers who are already customers, who opted in to marketing emails during a purchase. I'd have to plug that data in to a different service and have disparate data if I didn't use SendGrid for marketing as well, since we're already using them for transactional emails.

SendGrid review by Wendel N.
Wendel N.

"A really nice marketing tool"

What do you like best?

I think SendGrid it's a really easy tool with almost zero configuration and it's very productive. Me and my team was searching for a tool like this for a long time, but the only that can cover all of our marketing and transactional process was SendGrid. The email testing feature is awesome!

What do you dislike?

I think that some things are not perfectly clear for the user, specifically the suppressions list, it's very confusing sometimes. And also i've took a lot of time to know of the transactional templates, I think that it's a UX problem that makes a awesome feature undiscoverable sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's an easy tool, it's not expensive, has a lot of options. I think it's the best one for the purpose of sending transactional and marketing emails. It really gives you results.

We use SendGrid to send our targeted email campaigns and all the emails that come from our platform, password resets, onboarding and a lot more.

SendGrid review by Administrator

"Sophisticated and simple solution for email."

What do you like best?

Easy to use API with php libraries to make development faster.

What do you dislike?

API Documentation could be more detailed. Sometimes it's easier to figure something out through trial and error that should be clearly explained in the docs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a flexible solution backed by a great team, I would recommend it. It was very flexible for our needs and the web interface for managing new deployments is very intuitive.

Improved email deliverability with minimal effort. Domain white-labeling is very straightforward. The new reporting makes it easy to determine why a customer didn't receive a specific email notification for transactional emails. It has also significantly helped with deliverability with our targeted marketing campaigns. We migrated from using Mailchimp to using SendGrid for marketing via the API, building our emails dynamically and have had great results with deliverability and customer engagement.

SendGrid review by Consultant in Research
Consultant in Research

"A great solution for Marketing Emails!"

What do you like best?

The set up for me was extremely easy, and as a individual, the pricing is extremely affordable.

It allows me to see general statistics for my email and monitor whether a specific recipient actually opened a specific email or clicked on it.

It also notifies me that, if someone unsubscribes so I can remove them from my mailing list. It's easy to monitor what is happening to the emails I have been sending!

What do you dislike?

Limited analytical tools, sometimes their IP's get flagged as spam!

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should try to play and get yourself comfortable with their API. It is good.

I am able to play with their API to get the best out send grid. Also, I am able to deliever the best of the emails to my contacts and it is going quite fine. I guess the analytics are not that top-notch but still, they are working just fine for me.

SendGrid review by Joshua I.
Joshua I.

"If you like limited reporting and a clunky interface, then this is your JAM"

What do you like best?

Their logo looks okay, I guess. Their OC headquarters is down the street from one of my favorite restaurants (Haven Gastropub - check it out if you're in the area. Get the burger).

What do you dislike?

Literally everything. Their reporting is useless. Their dashboard doesn't sort emails by date of send, it just arbitrarily organizes emails. And, when you try to gain insight into how your emails performed, you can't compare emails. You have to manually export emails into an excel file and - get this - YOU HAVE TO SORT THROUGH THE COLUMNS YOURSELF. You can't select what columns you want to export. AND, when you export a selection of emails, for some unknown (*cough*stupid*cough*) reason they include the daily stats of each email for up to a week. Why? Maybe they think that data matters?

Beyond that, I can't compare campaigns against each other in any sort of helpful way. With Campaign Monitor, I can compare campaigns with a couple clicks. With Hubspot, I can compare with a few clicks. Even Bronto - a company so old and clunky even other dinosaurs don't want to deal with it - can provide me relevant reporting. SendGrid? Nope.

And don't get me started on customer support. I need to sacrifice a goat, give up my first born, and do a 30-day juice cleanse just to get an email from support. Only after I threatened to leave FOUR TIMES, did they grace me with a voicemail (no call - just a message) notifying me that they'd be able to get back to me about my urgent matter THE NEXT AFTERNOON.

To say I'm displeased with SendGrid would be an understatement. SendGrid is more disappointing than my career choice is to my grandparents. SendGrid is more annoying than I was when I used to incessantly blast Yellowcard from my beat up Chevy S-10. SendGrid is a bigger pain in my derriere than the actual recurring pain in my derriere resulting from a bad skiing accident I had in Big Bear.

In conclusion, SendGrid is an even bigger waste of time than the 27 seconds it took you to read this review.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just. Don't.

Literally nothing.

SendGrid review by Paritosh B.
Paritosh B.

"Best Email Service "

What do you like best?

Very reliable solution, awesome support. Our business centered around sending emails so reliable email delivery is very good. Unsubscribe group can be managed automatically. Templates can be modified at any time. SMTP intergration is really good for legacy application supprt.

What do you dislike?

API calls are slow and you can specify only one end point for web hook for whole application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sendgrid is industry status, and expert in email business so if you are looking for a vendor like that sendgrid is right for you.

1) Appointment reminder

2) Digital reminder

3) Marketing emails

A lot of other usage email

SendGrid review by Felix H.
Felix H.

"Easy to use and affordable"

What do you like best?

as title, it is easy to set up and affordable! It is very easy to white label emails and make sure it send out encrypted and great analytics data. Sendgrid insider Program can help earn rewards while learn more. Also they have a lot of great beta programs like Advertising through Adwords and Facebook etc which built into the platform and very easy to connect and use as well.

What do you dislike?

it is not very accurate for some recipient data, I think that is the only complaint i have about sendgrid but I believe the technical difficulties exist for all vendors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Starts with going to one of the sendgrid partners and click their link to start trial for extended trials. It can be 60 or 90 days!

Email Marketing to previous shoppers, promotions hurdle, email address reputations

SendGrid review by Internal Consultant in Internet
Internal Consultant in Internet

"For the tech-inclined marketer on a budget"

What do you like best?

Easy to use considering the amount of flexibility they provide, like custom configuring domains, subusers, subscription groups

Integrates easily with a variety of tools - like SimonData, Zapier, Interact, etc

Template builder produces responsive designs easily & reliably

Support tickets have been thorough, with good service

Low-cost, similar pricing to MailChimp but with a lot more under the hood

What do you dislike?

Compared to marketer-centric ESPs like Mailchimp, not as intuitive to use

Reporting isn't great - they want you to export (eg via API/webhooks). Email activity only stored for 30 days which is problematic for customer service to track down a customer's email history. Basic reports e.g. open/clicks don't seem to work when you toggle to a percentage.

Easy integration with our core platform (Heroku) with a low-cost and high level of flexibility/customisation to suit our business.

SendGrid review by Mike A.
Mike A.

"Good free SMTP server for low-use solutions"

What do you like best?

What I've always liked about SendGrid is how it takes the complexity of SMTP servers and abstracts that away so I don't need to worry about it. It can be quite complicated to setup your own SMTP servers and this is a great solution. The time we've saved has been substantial. I also like the flexibility to use the API version as well.

What do you dislike?

I wish that the limitations for the free account were a little higher, as we have a number of low-use websites using the same SendGrid account and we are reaching our limit faster than I excepted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say, for low-use applications, this is a great solution for a simple SMTP server.

We use SendGrid to deliver notification emails from various systems and websites. We have saved countless hours by using SendGrid instead of setting up our own SMTP servers.

SendGrid review by Dan G.
Dan G.

"Solid email service provider"

What do you like best?

Sendgrid has a great, speedy, easy-to-use API for sending emails that's easy to integrate into any application.

What do you dislike?

Setting things up for sending a lot of email can be confusing: setting up domains, keys, IP addresses, DNS entries, etc.

SendGrid allows our company to send hundreds of thousands of notification emails to customers each month. Speed and delivery are what's important to our users: getting the e-mails immediately, and in their inbox not a spam folder. SendGrid has consistently delivered on those needs year after year, and quite affordably!

SendGrid review by Khushboo V.
Khushboo V.

"Sendgrid is better for business emails not for general emails "

What do you like best?

Its a easy system and ready to start by sending an emails to all customers. Basic editing tools like email templates and other editors is good. A nice platform for business marketing and sales purpose.

What do you dislike?

Pricing plans are very expensive with SendGrid. The service is substandard, especially with regard to marketing emails. The support is even worse. They have a few nice fringe features but the core features that you need to get work done are not well developed. Click tracking is not very useful. the stats also get messy if you are not always exporting an reimporting your recipient lists.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dont use it without training of this tool. Go for the training first.

Importing feature is not easy to use, so we faced many difficulties while using alots of features.

SendGrid review by Pauline S.
Pauline S.

"Easy To Use, Basic Marketing Features"

What do you like best?

It is a simple system to jump in and start sending emails. The WYSISYG is good for basic editing. High level reporting is also easy to read and access.

What do you dislike?

For marketing purposes, there are not enough capabilities or level of detail provided. For example, I can't see or search my contacts by any tag or category, only by their email, itself. Segmentation is absolutely horrible- isn't set up in an intuitive manner and doesn't work most of the time. Support I give at B. I've always been able to reach someone via their chat (great) but the person on the other end of the conversation hasn't always been so knowledgeable or timely with their response.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Until they improve and enhance their marketing suite, should be used for basic sending of Marketing emails only.

Marketing email blasts, newsletters, etc.

SendGrid review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Saddened I didn't try this earlier"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the poiwer of sendgrid. We converted from mandrill, and have been nothing short of ecstatic. We custom brand the sending domain and user interface. The API is excellent, and a drop in replacement with excellent documentation. The tracking and stats facilities are excellent, and more powerful than we can imagine. We have several user identities with varied levels of access to the service.

What do you dislike?

The main sendgrid website is a little hard to navigate, but this isnt an issue with the app itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SendGrid is the answer for transactional emails. Don't even bother looking elsewhere.

We use this for our transactional emails, and have realized that sendgrid provides powerful tools for analysis of delivery of transactional and marketing emails. The unsubscribe feature is excellent, and ensures we remain CAN-SPAM compliant.

SendGrid review by Adam A.
Adam A.

"Pixel Perfect ESP"

What do you like best?

- Campaign editor, clean, simple and easy to use.

- Lots of rules for segmantation of email lista.

- Clean, Pixel Perfect design of dashboard.

- Analitics.

What do you dislike?

Well I dislike that there is no built-in autoresponder to create campaigns with sequence of emails. Sth that is must have for me nowadays.

Could be easily integrated with SMTP API so I use it as email provider for my blogs (integration with WordPress)

SendGrid review by Jennifer L.
Jennifer L.

"SendGrid wasn't as intuitive as I needed"

What do you like best?

I liked that SendGrid easily worked with the database needed to pull data for the subscribers.

What do you dislike?

I managed weekly emails that would go out to two different lists of clients. The problem I had came from the inability to differentiate the analytics of if someone was opening one email or the other. I need the extra data to

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need very detailed analytics, there are better and less expensive tools out there, however, SendGrid is likely more Dev friendly when it comes down to it.

It was a solution to sending out weekly emails. The only benefit that I am aware of, as a marketer, was the ability for it to link to a database easily.

SendGrid review by Corrin L.
Corrin L.

"Simple and powerful but quite expensive and only 99.9% reliable"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. There's simple libraries or you can use SMTP.

What do you dislike?

Not entirely reliable. I've had them stop valid deployments because of concerns around spam; I've had: multiple instances where their engine slows to a crawl for unknown reasons before speeding up again; complaints that links don't work (link tracking server occasionally down for a few seconds); no emails deployed for a period of six hours.

I use Sendgrid instead of SES or my own server because it is supposed to be rock-solid. It's just not quite good enough.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sendgrid is heading towards ease of use rather than volume. For people looking to get say 100k emails out a month quickly and easily it is ideal. For people sending millions of emails a month you are probably better looking elsewhere.

Reliably deploying emails on behalf of our clients. We developed a smart customer messaging engine (CME) and have a lot of experience around marketing journeys and maintaining customer conversations, but we wanted to stay away from operational delivery. Using a third party for delivery means we do not need to develop the reliable infrastructure needed in operational management.

SendGrid review by Michael B.
Michael B.

"Amazing for more than a year now. Pretty easy to integrate and secure as well"

What do you like best?

Using SendGrid is a breeze. its very easy to use. Their documentation has grown from the first time i interacted with it. Its now easy and more faster to find information on how to integrate and actual integration. I advocate for security and the introduction of the 2FA was good.

What do you dislike?

I have no complaints for the services provided. amazing so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

What are you waiting for? sign up today

SendGrid gives me the ability to send out emails and also get analytic at the same time. No other integration gives you out of the box features. Exactly what i was looking for. I have more clear knowledge of my deliveries and failures

SendGrid review by Dan O.
Dan O.

"Easy to implement transnational emails"

What do you like best?

Reliable and robust transaction or promotional emails at a very inexpensive price point.

What do you dislike?

If you run into reputation issues your account is burned, notifications of problems are not sent automatically.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be mindful that whilst support is provided, it can be a little unhelpful if you run into reputation issues through no fault of your own.

Extremely cheap email at an enterprise scale.

I've also used it for CCTV emails and server correspondence.

SendGrid review by Sazzad Hossain S.
Sazzad Hossain S.

"The best Transactional Email sending service ever!"

What do you like best?

I am very much love their White-label facilities. While signing up. They have given free credits to sending transactional emails to my companies clients.

Sending emails within my own companies sub domain name and it provides more trust for me and my clients.

SendGrid has great tracking facilities. It provides open rate, email opening, clicking the link and not open rates also. Also peoples can easily unsubscribe from my Transactional Email lists if they are not willing to receive any email from us.

SendGrid has API system that i can enable to send emails from Web or hosting services that are not support SMTP ports. Also they provide adding several API key's for separated projects and can identify which API was assign for separated projects.

One most feature i love very much that, they have Multiple User Credentials facilities. It means i can add multiple username / SMTP usernames for multiple projects. SendGrid is the great for their features. I can add several / multiple SMTP usernames for separated projects. And also can give them permission for usability. It means i don't have to create several SendGrid accounts for mine. Just one account can do all the things for me and my company.

While sending emails, i can receive instantly into my inbox. I have tested in my development environment and web server too. Both sector has fast enough features that receive the email instantly. Wondering that their emails are not reserved at QUEUE !

What do you dislike?

SendGrid has more advantage then dis-advantage to report for it. Their service is very much high and no need to report for dislikes... I have been using since 2 years and never found any major bugs or problems to communicate.

One thing must have to say that, their new website design confuse me sometimes. Because i had well experience in previous version web design and have to learn many thing from the new design. I believe this is not dislike but confusing to use from older version to new version of design.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SendGrid is free to use for personal users. You will receive free Email sending credits once registered. You can try their services within these credits.

If your business grows, you can simply order for more credits. SendGrid provides month to month credits and you don't have to worry for extra charges.

Once you register, you will get API based email sending facility, Multiple SMTP accounts in one primary account. You can track your transactional email sending as well. You can use Web Hook features to send and track emails from web based program. You can enable white label feature that will be help your customers to identify that emails was sent by your company/ company domain name.

SendGrid will help you to grow your business very quickly. SendGrid will cover your all the transactional email sending needs and you don't have to stay with your manual email sending system.

Try today. SendGrid is free to use. You don't have to pay for the services unless you decided to buy more credits.

SendGrid solves many of business problems that uncountable. Imaging that they services is very much lightweight and light-speed to use. Our customers received emails within seconds when sending from web features as like Invoices, Latest features. Billing Due's etc.

Their Whitelabel feature is very much good to use. I can enable domain and email address in Whitelabel and our customers can see that emails are sending from our domain names. That grow more trust. Because of high rate of spam or phishing emails. Whitelabel is the great solution for business owners.

We can track our sending emails. We can track the open rate and link click rates. Also can understand that which emails are bounced and we communicate with our clients manually.

Their unsubscribe facility is very good feature for our clients. If any clients would like to stop receiving emails from us, just clicking the link to unsubscribe and they are removed from our list. So that, we don't have to monitor for unsubscribe reports.

SendGrid review by Nal K.
Nal K.

"A one-stop shop."

What do you like best?

I love the ease of configuration when integrating SendGrid with our in-house or 3rd party applications. In addition to that, SendGrid has proper Feedback loops set up, which allows us to scale our operations accordingly.

What do you dislike?

We use SendGrid to send emails from various 3rd party and in-house platforms that require an SMTP server in order to work. SendGrid has great Feedback loops set up and this allows us to scale our email campaigns accordingly.

SendGrid review by User

"Great for transactional emails, not so great for marketing"

What do you like best?

SendGrid Support is generally pretty good, with quick and helpful responses. The API is also good and allowed us a lot of flexibility in using the product. The email templates available are excellent and free of charge. It is also a good, cheap option for smaller organisations with less budget to play with.

What do you dislike?

The Analytics tools are very difficult to use or to get any insight from - they're very much set up for transactional emails rather than marketing email campaigns.

SendGrid allowed us to get set up with our transactional emails, and later to overhaul the design of our marketing emails.

SendGrid review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Do any humans work at this company?? short-sided way of treating customers"

What do you like best?

nothing... I ran a campaign... and it shut down AS I was sending...

no explanation... no report...

I used their own blog post which shows links to check the status of your website

and mine passed with no issues...

so still confused why this happened... and what the decision was based on.

What do you dislike?

Obnoxious company culture... no humanity

No transparency with their decisions...

rude, cold way of interrupting service...

no one has replied to my complaint, despite trying to reach them a few times

and this kind of behaviour will not have it impact their business?

Recommendations to others considering the product

they will let you waste hours building out a campaign... only to run it and then close your account with absolutely no explanation. no one will even respond to you.

just sending some emails in bulk

no big deal...

do they think they are rock stars that they can treat customers this way?

SendGrid review by Bharat S.
Bharat S.

"Solid smtp provider with programmatic access, very useful for internal communication"

What do you like best?

We use Sendgrid as smtp provider for our internal team communication emails. It is a horrible task to maintain your own mail server in today's scenario where mail providers easily mark large volume email senders as spam.

We like it because

1. Subdomain groups - Subdomains can be configured as sub-users with their own administrator and limited access to that subdomain only. This is useful for us in maintaining distinction between different internal teams.

2. Web / Smtp API - Web hooks easily allow us to send automatic notification from different applications via REST API calls. It is very easy to write ad-hoc script for doing repetitive tasks.

3. Template - We have a lot of customizable templates stored in SendGrid with some parameters, which are used for a lot of tasks, from welcoming new hires to talking about a new release.

4. Ping on open - Their embedded pixel trackers get triggered when someone opens an email, so it is easy to understand whether someone has actually received the notification and can be called if necessary.

What do you dislike?

1. Ping on open doesnt always work, in older email clients or if the tracker pixel was blocked. It is not a definitive thing.

2. Unsubscribe option always there - We really don't want to have the automatically inserted unsubscribe option always present in the emails, for our internal emails. We had to work around it, its still a point of frustration sometimes when someone inadvertently does so and the system stops sending them further mails.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SendGrid is really great if you want to do programmatic stuff with email. They let you send emails via web api as well as smtp calls. We have always preferred the former as it is much easy to do, even with corporate proxies.

Also, one thing we are playing with internally is their "Parse on incoming mail" feature where you can do natural language processing or even just add simple commands to trigger something automatically or forward it to the correct person.

We use SendGrid to send internal team emails and provides a very natural communication platform for everyone. Although everyone has company email, we understand that most people are not going to check it often, so we ask them to also add their personal email, which is also notified when really needed.

All teams have their own subdomain for email and also the root domain is used for company-wide notification. Think of it as a chat messenger, only without any real chat server. It works really well for us as we dont have to put everyone in another superficial chat application and it really works everywhere.

The total cost incurred is so low that it is almost laughable - less than 10 dollars per month for upto 40,000 emails. Sendgrid has been a real godsend to us.

Administrator in Internet

"Not on par with the competition"

What do you like best?

Nothing that I liked particularly, we started using the Sendgrid Marketing tools because we are Sendgrid API users, so it made sense to have everything in the same platform.

What do you dislike?

The pricing model is not good if you have large subscriber lists that you contact frequently, as they charge $10/10k contacts. Any decently sized ecommerce platform will struggle to justify the cost of idle subscribers in Sendgrid.

Also the tool is not very sophisticated in terms of A/B testing, timezone split of sends etc - overall a pretty immature product for the price.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adopt it if your contact list is small and you don't have complex requirements like AB testing, multiple languages, multiple timezones, and complex segmentation of contacts.

We use this tool for all marketing emails.

SendGrid review by paco e.
paco e.

"Good for startups"

What do you like best?

We are a startup that can't spend a lot of money, the free plan it's perfect for us also they haver very simple and powerful tools.

What do you dislike?

You have to dig into documentation for some tasks when using the api

Recommendations to others considering the product

We are new, so our domain doesn't have reputation on internet, we can reach more people sending email with sendgrid

SendGrid review by Harsha M.
Harsha M.

"Best Marketing Tool we have used"

What do you like best?

Love the easy integration via API and the reporting system. Love the support center which helps us solve any issues we face.

What do you dislike?

Looking forward to more retention of emails sent on the basic plan.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of the easiest API integrations we have used.

Transactional Emails and Newsletters

SendGrid review by Fayimora F.
Fayimora F.

"Still trying out Sendgrid"

What do you like best?

I am currently setting up a few handlers for sendgrid but so far, it seems like they have a stable system which is good. A lot of the big companies use them which gives me a certain level of comfort.

What do you dislike?

I think the documentation can be a bit terse sometimes. They seem to have different terminology for things that could have been explained much more easily. They also don't have some basic functionality easily accessible. For instance, I can't create a list and get a url to use on a subscription form with little to no coding. This is very possible with some other competitors but then again, sendgrid is mainly for transactional emailing so we can't complain, yet!

Recommendations to others considering the product

We are still in the trial stages so it will be hard to recommend this product to anyone at the moment. Heads up though, the documentation is a bit annoying.

We are solving delivery logistics. Transactional emailing is a part of every business so there are no obvious benefits to using sendgrid at the moment. Perhaps having sendgrid manage all the shenanigans that comes with setting up a transactional emailing system is the main advantage. We can focus on our business logic and not emailing logic.

SendGrid review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Excellent email marketing Platform!!!"

What do you like best?

I love the navigation and ease of use as well as the customer service that tells you exactly how to operate this software solution. I found the platform to allow me to learn quickly as the layout is logical. The price is very competitive and also the solution allows most companies to run a whitelabel service on it if you have more than 1 client if you are an agency. The reporting part of the software is very detailed and can provide a great level of intel for you and your clients. So outstanding and also A/B testing can be very useful when trying to learn the best way to target your customers. I would ty this platform first before any other and you will see how easy it is to use and benefit from.

What do you dislike?

I found very little things to dislike about this product. If anything I would like the system to be able to integrate with certain CRM systems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend this platform as it will change and streamline your emailing workload.

I am solving my problems by using this software to communicate effectively with their brilliant level of authentication that allows more emails to get through to the intended recipient using DKIM settings and so forth. Also the cost again provided me with a platform that would fit in with my budgets that other systems would be too expensive to do.

SendGrid review by Alison Rivera, D.
Alison Rivera, D.

"Essential in my email marketing!"

What do you like best?

The layout and overall design of the emails and the analytics options and information is great!

What do you dislike?

i guess things seem a bit "clunky" at first until you get the hang of the difference between designing in the templates versus the campaigns.

Recommendations to others considering the product

we love it! i dont have much experience with other email marketing programs but this one works great and gives you plenty of insights into the performance of different campaigns and emails and the settings are great. The A/B tests are very insightful.

email marketing to current and new clients.

SendGrid review by Cristian W.
Cristian W.

"Reliable SMTP server"

What do you like best?

Reliable SMTP server, good Api and excellent deliverability inbox rate. The web dashboard is easy to use and offers good number of features.

What do you dislike?

To hard to work with bounces emails, log export and reputation management.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely take a trial and setup your test campaign to analyze results. It is one of the top providers worldwide so I would make a deploy test using their dashboard or API.

Newsletters, Transactions being sent correctly without going to spam box where the user rarely looks.

SendGrid review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Robust email service for marketing lists"

What do you like best?

Sendgrid is a reliable email service that consistently gets your emails to your customers' inboxes. For marketing lists it is somewhat lax on bounce limits, and shows how 'healthy' your email list is in real time. Stats provided in real time are informative and show crucial info such as open rates, click-through rates, and soft/hard bounces.

What do you dislike?

While services provided are good, this is a pricey option, offset by a good free starter plan. If you have too high a bounce rate, you will be sorted into a sending server that has more of a chance to land in the spam folder when sending emails.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While sendgrid has a way to manage marketing campaigns, the api can be integrated into other software to still utilize the email sending capabilities, but manage the marketing campaign with a third party.

Benefits realized is the level of information provided after each email campaign. I am better equipped to perform a/b analysis and work on improving each email campaign based on the the open and click-through rates.

SendGrid review by User in Computer Software

"Terrible user interface, numerous problems with API"

What do you like best?

The dashboards SendGrid provides are relatively helpful and clear. Their customer support is also decent, though you'll have a very tough time finding the phone number for it.

What do you dislike?

SendGrid has put no effort into making their interface easy to use. If you forget to fill a field out, you can click a button a thousand times and get no feedback on what you did wrong. Certain sections might be off-limits to you—rather than telling you why or simply greying them out, they will redirect you back to the dashboard page. Their SMTPAPI simply didn't work for us, and there's was no feedback anywhere about why it went wrong, though the API call itself seemed to succeed. Their support telephone number and email is nowhere to be found on their site.

As a developer and a marketer, I would never use SendGrid again. All-in-all, it's an extremely poor service with very little effort put into making it seamless for users. They are clearly riding on their long-standing place in the market and are doing nothing new or helpful for users. Go with a newer, friendlier service out there—you'll quickly realize which ones care about their users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't use it. It's painful.

Transactional emails, triggered from our backend.

SendGrid review by Lucas R.
Lucas R.

"The dashboard shows everything needed and the spam and bounce service is great."

What do you like best?

The great HTTP and API integration. The nodeJS module provided is easy to use and integrate seamlessly with other modules.

For instance, we are currently using the node, python and HTTP APIs to integrate our main application, a server process and a hybrid mobile app.

What do you dislike?

The need to inform an address and the time for them to validate can take a while, but is nothing really long and other products also do that. Other than that there is not much that i dislike since after setting it up, it works great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great tool to begin quickly and consistently escalate to enterprise levels. The new marketing campaings are a great plus.

Login, Password recovery and some other transactional e-mails. After using the product "template maker" users interact 2 times more than before.

SendGrid Email API review by User in Philanthropy
User in Philanthropy

"Great for automated emails "

What do you like best?

It was easy to set up and integrates well with our existing programs. We use it solely for automated emails sent on a daily basis and have never had an issue with the platform in the past 2 years that we've been using it. It's great because we sort of set it and forget it because the system runs so smoothly and all of the content for our emails is pulled in dynamically.

What do you dislike?

The only downside is that the marketing email features aren't developed enough yet. We'd love to have all of our emails running within the same platform but ended up having to use a different ESP that has more robust marketing features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend using SendGrid for automated emails such as receipt, confirmation, etc. However, I think the marketing functionality is still being developed so would advise using another ESP for marketing emails.

We serve over 9 million people every year so we send a lot of automated emails to our constituents. Sendgrid helps us reach them at a large scale and has never given us any issues which is rare to come by in comparison to the other ESPs I've used.

SendGrid review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"SendGrid is a good solution for small business "

What do you like best?

The interface is very easy to use and access to customer service is great. They really try to help you figure out your problem.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I didn't like about it was at the time (about 6 months ago) they didn't have any kind of robust tracking system. They had basics emails stats but nothing that was beneficial to dive into really understanding your email campaign.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Now that I've used Pardot, I miss the customer service that SendGrid provides. You can call at anytime and someone can help you or promptly call you back. As long as you don't have many layers to your email marketing, SendGrid is a great place to start for small to medium size companies.

Trying to capture a captive audience via email. Which I'm sure a lot of companies have that same issue. The good thing is the more you test, the more you find out about your target audience.

SendGrid review by Fred W.
Fred W.

"Multiple problems with SendGrid, too many good competitors"

What do you like best?

The interface is OK. The documentation was barely OK.

What do you dislike?

Numerous problems. Import of 18K worth of customers didn't work. I am an experienced engineer and know that my CSV file was correct. Another problem was changing a login setting for a 2nd user and it caused the option to change their login credientials to vanish and required them to fix (and it took them two days to get back to me). Finally, when I tried to cancel the account it simply shows you the same page you try to cancel from with the Cancel button disabled. Can't believe these clowns have a decent rep.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stay away, SendInBlue is great for marketing email, ElasticEmail is great for both marketing and transactional email.

Need transactional email. I ahve gone with ElasticEmail, wow they have an easy interface, and the price is great for my needs.

SendGrid review by Executive Sponsor in Management Consulting
Executive Sponsor in Management Consulting

"SendGrid makes email and email marketing easy"

What do you like best?

Sendgrid makes it really easy to send emails from applications and track recipient interactions on the email. The API is very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

The templating functionality on the web is bit limited compared to other pure email marketing solutions

Recommendations to others considering the product

If yours is an API based integration for email enabling your application then SendGrid is a no brainer. If yours is an Email marketing based scenario look at other options and see how it compares. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Sendgrid makes adding email based interactions to applications frictionless. The solution allows for advanced email analytics and email based interactions. The free tier is enough to get started.

Administrator in Internet

"API A+, Marketing Campaigns D-"

What do you like best?

SendGrid has a robust API for transactional email deployment.

What do you dislike?

The GUI is average and runs WAY too slow.

SendGrid's 'Marketing Campaigns' module is woefully inadequate with no autoresponder (triggered email) capability.

SendGrid have the odd error - such as accidentally emailing ALL our users with an extremely confusing and damaging email which was not requested by us or required in any way..

Support is poor. You end up speaking to 10 different agents even if there is a huge error by SendGrid. Management take no responsibility for internal errors and palm off responsibility to lower level staff.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Forget about the Marketing Campaign module for now. Its nowhere near full-featured.

SendGrid improve delivery rates and takes the load off our server so we no longer need to deliver mail.

SendGrid review by Beate S.
Beate S.

"SendGrid Email marketing Review"

What do you like best?

I liked Yoobly, a CRM for my niche of marketing Yoobly aligned themselves with SendGrid for the email marketing integration. At first, it seemed to be easy to use. Sendgrid was giving you a total overview how email marketing worked,= though I had no time to learn all the details of email marketing. All I was looking for was that my emails were send and sad to say they were not. Of all things that was my Christmas mailing and the most important of the year.

What do you dislike?

My most important mailing of the year was not sent to my customers, because of something not set up right. I was ASSUMING my emails were send all along. Nobody contacted me that there was a problem, or made me aware there was an issue of sorts. I surely never did find out what the problem was because my CRM showed me all was well with my email campaign. I was NOT a happy camper and quit using the whole kit and caboodle.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't wait for customer service to get back with you and hold your breath. Very nice explanation how email marketing works and why some emails never get there. My emails didn't get anywhere for reasons only SendGrid knows.

I wanted Sendgrid to be my email host because my CRM company Yoobly chose THEM to be my email host. I previously was with mad Mimi and was used to top notch customer service. send Grid answered me 2 days after I had an issue and actually: My issue, why my Christmas mailing never went out was not ever resolved.

"Sendgrid Review"

What do you like best?

Transactional email service is very great. API is very easy to integrate. The templates for various marketing functions and also the email segmentation.

What do you dislike?

None at present. This is because I've not found any negative aspect to dis about it. Maybe this is due to the limited time period I've used it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended.

Sending transactional mails to clients. It's easier for customers to verify that they've registered on my site.

SendGrid Email API review by User in Financial Services

"Good tool to send localized emails"

What do you like best?

It's easy to update your email templates. I like the fact that you can edit the preview mode and the HTML if your resources are skilled. Very good interface, easy to learn. The system is stable enough.

What do you dislike?

I have used sendgrid for about 1 year and I didn't find any major bugs. I used to update templates in different languages so it would be useful if you the user could filter when searching for a certain category of template. Let's say I need to proofread all the templates in Spanish, so I want to filter the search and get them all in a row to quickly check all of them.

We are able to organize the translations of our transactional email for all the languages and countries we operate in. A good level of consistency has been achieved across the borders.

SendGrid review by Administrator in Media Production
Administrator in Media Production

"Reliable service, great API, decent support."

What do you like best?

Their Public API and the ability it provides us to scale SendGRid as we scale our business. If an action can be done in the SendGrid admin interface it can be done by their API as well.

What do you dislike?

Aside from running into a few 404 links and outdated information in their documentation, there isn't anything I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get yourself a trail and save yourself the headache of managing your own email servers.

Email servers are a huge pain to self-manage

"Appalling Service!"

What do you like best?

Nothing. Their product is the same as a million others out there, except it comes with appalling customer service.

What do you dislike?

Policies and service. Subscription payment failed as I am awaiting a replacement credit card. Rather than allow several working days grace to cover such eventualities, my account was deactivated over a weekend. I was then unable to add a replacement card, as my account was deactivated. The process of reactivation is proving to be slow and hasslesome.

The measure of a business is not in how it deals with its day to day activities, it is how it deals with problems. On that basis, Sendgrid come up very poorly!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't. There are many alternatives out there.

Transactional email.

SendGrid review by Andrew S.
Andrew S.

"Marketing Operations Manager"

What do you like best?

Affordable for large databases. Easy to manage unsubscribes and other bounces. Testing is easy and flexible. I have had great success with my support team. She is easy to get ahold of and answers all my endless questions quickly.

What do you dislike?

New Marketing newsletter system is a bit pricey. We are already paying for Marketo and your new system would almost double our email marketing spend. The features look cool, but since our database is large, it would be pricey.

Also there should be an easier way to get a list of people who do various actions with the emails. List of links leads clicked on and the ability to export a list of people who opened the email as easy as it is to do that with unsubscribes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simple and easy to use. Great for sending to huge databases.

Biweekly newsletter to ~600k leads. No other solution we have found has been so affordable for such a large and regular audience. Also it is great to have a product that integrates easily though APIs so we can use it for transactional emails.

SendGrid review by Doug T.
Doug T.

"Sendgrid works for our email workflow"

What do you like best?

Their API is simple and well documented.

What do you dislike?

DNS whitelabelling could be more robust.

Email delivery for 3rd party customers. It's been transparent enough to solve out needs.

SendGrid review by Mohammed S.
Mohammed S.

"2-year relationship"

What do you like best?

The statistics and the numbers. And you can see a graph every day. it helps a lot.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, but maybe that they are focusing on marketing where some users are using it for other purposes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it's the best

We have a list of recipients, that is updated every week and we send them emails every day (5 or more). We track the bounced emails and other stats by SendGrid.

SendGrid review by Carlos K.
Carlos K.

"Inappropriate bahavior"

What do you like best?

there is nothing to like about this company

What do you dislike?

Their arrogant behavior, they are entrenched behind an email wall and their responses are obscure and irrelevant.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stay away, they are arrogant and won't speak to anyone, don't even publish a phone

I cancelled my account, because an arrogant tech all of a sudden accused me of inappropriate behavior and banned me from suing support.

SendGrid review by Christopher W.
Christopher W.

"No Yahoo"

What do you like best?

It was easy to attach as a plug in to Wordpress

What do you dislike?

It was slow and they forced you into bad IP pools when you start. The more you paid, the better IP pools you were put in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you don't have to send notifications to yahoo users, because SendGrid notifications will bounce

I was trying to set up notifications out of the back end of Wordpress, so interested parties would know when a user completed a form. Realized zero benefits

SendGrid Email API review by User in Government Relations
User in Government Relations

"Cheap but not robust"

What do you like best?

- It's cheap;

- I also like the dashboard arrangement, especially the left side navigation bar;

- Able to add custom fields;

What do you dislike?

- Not user friendly, not working smoothly. It looks like there are a lot technical issues, a lot of bugs;

- Not show custom fields for manual upload;

- It is hard to manage the contacts: when you delete a list, the contacts are still there;

- Can only create 100 lists/account. Not enough for segmentation;

- Sometimes can't get test emails although it shows they are being successfully sent out ???

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a lot of lists/segmentations, don't use SendGrid. You can just create up to 100 lists in one account.

Just start using the SendGrid. But its templates work good now.

SendGrid review by James S.
James S.

"Transaction email within a SAAS product"

What do you like best?

Ease of use from .net API. Easy integration with Azure billing.

What do you dislike?

The web user interface for finding emails is a little clunky. Also not able to see content of email.

Sending of transaction emails from our SAAS product.

SendGrid Email API review by Stephen M.
Stephen M.

"Simple to use - but lacks advanced customization "

What do you like best?

Drag and drop features make it very simple to use

What do you dislike?

Lack of customization - e.g. social media buttons look outdated, and the column setup doesn't allow a huge amount of adaptability

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sendgrid is great, but I'd like to see some more customization options - I've seen some features that MailChimp have that would be cool in Sendgrid

Our whole structure is modeled around a solid email list, and Sendgrid allows us to hit these lists accurately

SendGrid review by User in Computer Software

"Non-responsive, does not answer the question, no explanation whatsoever"

What do you like best?

The UI looks great and the way the service/API is set up seems very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Horrible, horrible customer service. Sent an email out to support in response to an "Account provisioning failed" email (which, despite what they claim on their support page, has absolutely zero explanation of why it failed and what to do next) to ask about how to proceed with the account verification/provisioning. Days passed and no response. I next opened a ticket directly in their customer support portal asking, specifically, what are the next steps for verification and why was my account not provisioned? Their response?

"Hi there,

Thanks for your reply. The SaaS that we use for vetting new accounts does not provide us with much granular information in terms of why an account was failed. All I can tell you is that it has something to do with the dedicated shared IP address, but unfortunately I can't see any more detail then that.

Best of luck to you in your future endeavors, and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Kindly,

Erika"

So what the hell does that mean? Sure, fine, you don't know why, but you didn't answer my main question: what are the next steps I can take from here?

At the end, I had to ask again, before they finally told me that in actuality, "Your account cannot be provisioned at this time" actually translates to "Your account will never and can never be opened/provisioned. Look elsewhere."

If we can't use the service that's fine, but why is getting a straight answer from them so hard? Their customer support seems very shifty and evasive. It's probably for the best that we won't be using them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Customer support is shifty as hell.

We were going to use them for transactional email (e.g. order confirmation, order receipts, shipping notifications, etc). No benefits though. We'll be using Amazon SES instead.

SendGrid Email API review by KJ P.
KJ P.

"Fast, Effective, Reliable Email Delivery"

What do you like best?

We use the API to create a separation of concerns between our various environments. SendGrid makes it fast and easy for us. No more email servers. No more headaches.

What do you dislike?

Can be challenging to get up and running on a new system. Not unique to SendGrid. Most solutions require a little bit of onramp time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't manage your own email servers, use an API driven solution like SendGrid.

Email delivery and the elimination of maintenance.

SendGrid review by Marc M.
Marc M.

"Our go-to solution for automated email"

What do you like best?

The API is quite simple to use and there are a lot of tools that can integrate with Sendgrid

What do you dislike?

The logs about your email sending history could be more detailed

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to optimize your emails for delivery and optimal compatibility with the most-used webmail solutions

Our business problem is to replace manual sending of email based on customers events by API-triggered emails

SendGrid review by Agency in Information Technology and Services
Agency in Information Technology and Services

"Sendgrid email is the worst"

What do you like best?

They were the worst company to deal with...they over charged and never delivered for three of our clients. They promised a credit never gave it then charged over $2100 for doing nothing.

What do you dislike?

We disliked everything and warn others to stay away. We provided them with opt in lists they only sent out 25% and charged us for 100% and over charged us by mistake , then promised a credit and claim our customer list wasn't good. We moved the same list to constant contact and no problems. Sendgrid email lies, cheats and fails on all levels.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stay away at all costs they will fail to send as promised, then make excuses why they didn't send and then over charge on services they never provided. Use constant contact or mail chimp they are much better on support.

We were sending an opt in lists for our client to provide client info and credits to accounts. We were attempting to communicate with clients.

SendGrid review by Administrator in Government Administration
Administrator in Government Administration

"Effort of in-house solution vs the flexibility and learning of SG is marginal"

What do you like best?

The prebuilt templates really speed up the time required to get something working and compatible on multiple device screens and platforms. The drag and drop interfaces lets our business or marketing people work on the designs and content without much intervention from the development team.

What do you dislike?

The prebuilt templates, while having their inherent advantages, are rather rigid in what can be done for customisation and the drag and drop wysiwyg editor is somewhat difficult to use. The pricing isn't reflective of the minimal value that the overall platform provides.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're contemplating on building an in-house email system, go for it. The capital of the initial setup is minimal compared to the value of what SG offers.

Our web application periodically sends out transactional emails for events and actions by the user. SG allows use to get quickly setup.

SendGrid review by Administrator in Computer Software

"We use SendGrid as our MTA"

What do you like best?

I like the UI of SendGrid. We use the API to send out emails to our clients. It's simple to see email activity and bounce reasons.

What do you dislike?

Not a huge fan of the marketing newsletter designer tool. Seems like the designer tool still has some bugs.

As I mentioned above, we the SendGrid API for all our email needs.

SendGrid Email API review by Robbie H.
Robbie H.

"Great Email Serive"

What do you like best?

I used SendGrid for quite a few different projects. All the way from sending millions of emails a month to the free plan for some small transnational projects. The best part? The service is exactly the same no matter how big or small.

What do you dislike?

The admin was previously much easier to use. An update a year or so ago made it more 'modern.' Though it really hid some every day functionality. I've had to go into live chat to ask a rep where some settings have moved.

Getting emails into the inbox. It does it!

SendGrid review by Mohammad A.
Mohammad A.

"a solid ESP, reliable and scalable"

What do you like best?

Solid API and user interface, not too fancy, but it gets the job done

What do you dislike?

interface, could do better than this ........

Email venerability.

SendGrid Email API review by Amber K.
Amber K.

"Incredibly Reliable Platform"

What do you like best?

I love that the email management dashboard shows you each email sent out, received as well as additional information like when the email was opened. Delivery is very fast and customer support is great and super helpful.

What do you dislike?

The price is a bit higher than other services we've used.

It's great to be able to track all of our transactional emails and understand what customers are responding to. It's helped us realize what information resonates with our customers and develop more relevant info.

SendGrid review by William S.
William S.

"Great product limited templates"

What do you like best?

Easy to step up - great plug in for word press - like the white label IP option at higher level. Easy to set up transnational emails. The marketing templates are easy to set up but limited. Tracking data is solid.

What do you dislike?

Marketing email templates are limited and look the same. They need to add some new templates that are newsletter centric. Also cold use more e eCommerce templates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

more templates for newsletters and general information

Easy to set up client campaigns and track metrics also their list management product is very good. Would recommend cleaning list before using product.

SendGrid Email API review by Administrator

"A simple tool for sending automated emails"

What do you like best?

The API is very straightforward and simple to use, which cannot be said about the competition. In addition, it has very detailed guides on how to integrate into your existing system, which is a definite plus for me.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, I am looking to find/use a feature but it is hard to navigate the documentation to actually figure out what I want. For example, if I wanted to use the SMTP API with Python, I had no idea how to get started with that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a try, especially when compared to other marketing emails. It is more oriented towards developers, but this is very beneficial for quickly launching marketing emails.

I was attempting to find a solution for automated email sending (including password resets, simple user management, etc). This fulfilled my need easily.

SendGrid review by User in Internet

"Thoughtful and diligent team, intuitive product "

What do you like best?

Tim, our account manager! If you speak to another ESP, any question you have often results in a long, seemingly incomprehensible article thrown at you. SendGrid is consistently there to help-with thoughtful explanations, simple instructions, and smart recommendations.

An example - SG has technically have no obligation to explain all the nuances of deliverability, or QA a big send alongside our team (etc.) but they go out of their way to do so knowing how that information empowers our team to make smart decisions.

What do you dislike?

I'm using the marketing tool right now, and there's a lot of things it can't do yet that I'd love for it to do - to be able to export my opens, to not have the code random CSS now and again, to have an FTP or an easier way to import large files than a CSV, etc.

Because we've really appreciated our customer service / account management to date, we wanted to give SG a try with our marketing sends. But I think we're not the ideal use case for the tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I wasn't around when it was originally implemented, but I would recommend SG based on my experience to date. They seem to excel at making email (inherently very complex) less complicated.

We have a small, lean team. We really appreciate pairing with the experts, who don't mind working so closely with us.

SendGrid review by User in Higher Education

"Does the job; not always tremendously intuitive"

What do you like best?

SendGrid has excellent support, customer service, and learning resources available on their site.

What do you dislike?

The drag and drop editor can be buggy sometimes, and I've had to find workarounds to do things like add a link.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of their support. They seem to have a great company culture and really seem to work with their customers to help them reach their goals.

We use SendGrid to handle all "housekeeping" account emails for our site and to send our weekly newsletter and other occasional marketing announcements. It's done the trick for us.

Administrator in Internet

"Convenient and amazingly simple."

What do you like best?

Without a doubt this service is something that many people don't think about needing but end up searching for. Importing this functionality into Visual Studio creates a huge convenience when attempting to send out debug warnings.

What do you dislike?

This isn't something new, there are many libraries and services that can be used to do the exact same thing. If anything convincing people to change to this service is and will be quite difficult when many people are already used to what they are familiar with. Personally, use python with smtplib.

Debugging software. Without a doubt this is something amazingly simple to use and if done correctly can save plenty of headaches. Many issues that involves server malfunction or crashes from a script during the middle of the night are quite troublesome because you never get the notification till the next morning. I can't this service is better, only because it's nothing something I'm used to but I can definitely see the benefits of it later on for a newer generation of users.

SendGrid review by Agency
Agency

"Ended up cancelling our Sendgird account and using Mailchimp instead"

What do you like best?

Not a lot - it failed to meet our purpose, switching some our Mailchimp templates to Sendgrid was a long process, uploading email lists and establishing email deliverability was tough.

What do you dislike?

Our key goal with Sendgird was to send a triggered email series, and in setting up an account with Sendgird and realizing that it was not possible (only possible through Klaviyo) was disappointing!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend trying Mailchimp over Sendgrid

We were trying to send a triggered email Welcome Series and was unable to do so.

SendGrid review by Weston C.
Weston C.

"Marketing Campaign Coordinator and Analyst"

What do you like best?

The email tracking capability that allows us to know exactly who opened and clicked our emails that allows us to follow-up with them.

What do you dislike?

It is best used for those that are experienced with coding.

Sending our mass emails to members and potential members with ease.

SendGrid review by Nizamudheen V.
Nizamudheen V.

"My most favourite service provider"

What do you like best?

Best part in integrating the solution with our technology, also the whitelabelling and score of emails that we sent is high.

What do you dislike?

Charge per contact is something which we didnt like

Sending transactional emails on daily basis to the clients

SendGrid Email API review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Great Way to Automate Emails!"

What do you like best?

I use it in conjunction with sales funnel systems to automatically send out emails with materials to new opt ins. Easy to use, great reporting, and a smooth user experience.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I don't dislike thus far. It isn't exactly the easiest to integrate with some, but it's still a solid tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it!

As mentioned, it helps us get materials to users that opt in swiftly and seamlessly. I find its reporting capabilities are far superior to those of email systems like MailChimp.

SendGrid Email API review by Nik F.
Nik F.

"Tops for delivery "

What do you like best?

Top notch in boxing, great API. Put it in front of your in house email solution and you'll be on par with the pros.

What do you dislike?

Built in campaign management is only adequate. Mostly a good solution for integrations.

I've relied on send grid to act as an MTA for marketing websites (Kentico and SiteCore) so that we can reliably inbox messages.

SendGrid review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Easy, fuss-free experience. Superb API support."

What do you like best?

Very intuitive UX that is a pleasure to use, marketing campaigns are a breeze to create with their high quality templates. Node.js documentation (and I daresay for the rest of the sdks) are well-written and concise, making it easy to integrate.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything to nitpick. This is a very well designed product.

EDMs used to be cumbersome to send and manage, sendgrid has made it such a pleasure that I now I can't wait to send my marketing emails!.

SendGrid review by Amol D.
Amol D.

"Nice, reliable product"

What do you like best?

SendGrid works - every time. The APIs are always on. The UI is always available. Just a very nice reliable product.

What do you dislike?

The UI is not very intuitive. The price is rather steep.

Send transactional emails for our product.

SendGrid review by User in Computer Software

"SendGrid is good but difficult to master"

What do you like best?

I like that they had monitoring for the hard and soft bounces.

What do you dislike?

They changed up our program and we couldn't afford the new one. Then they stopped supporting their "old software" so we had to part ways.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you know their schedule of product updates and terms with that. we did not want their update and became obsolete to them.

SendGrid was good for mass emailing with the ability to monitor bounce rate effectively.

SendGrid Email API review by User in Professional Training & Coaching
User in Professional Training & Coaching

"Sendgrid is always on top of everything."

What do you like best?

It can send out large amount of the email within short amount of time and the support is very helpful. Our business has grow because our deliver rate has increased over time with sendgrid's tool. So, I will recommend to other company.

What do you dislike?

For the basic account, we don't really get much help with support. We switched to the PREMIER account and we have account manager. Our account manager's name is Lauren and she is very helpful. I am very pleasure to work with her.

We are trying to deliver our new article about emotional intelligence to our customer weekly. We try to get people to understand how important EQ is. So people can start using our training classes.

SendGrid review by Amara M.
Amara M.

"For a mass amount of emails, it works"

What do you like best?

This is a great software when you have THOUSANDS of emails to send. It helps send without bugs and issues.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the quirks that come up when sending so many emails.

We are sending weekly newsletters to our clients. We are seeing the open rates are higher

SendGrid review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Sendgrid still has a LONG way to go, I do NOT recommend!"

What do you like best?

Great branding, nice, clean looking website... and that's about it.

What do you dislike?

User interphase is horrible, support is a nightmare, segmentation is confusing but the worst is the Email Builder. Utter crap. Sorry, guys. I think there's a lot to be improved before I continue to spend $50/mo on this.

In the last 10 years I have used Mailchimp, Mailjet, SendInBlue, SendPulse and several other, and Sendgrid is by far the worst.

SendGrid review by Frank F.
Frank F.

"Best email marketing tool I have used so far."

What do you like best?

Simple, effective and responsive emails. I have been getting better deliverability since making the switch.

What do you dislike?

I don’t always receive my test emails for some reason.

Campaign emails for new developments, leads directly to showings and sales

SendGrid review by Administrator in Computer Networking
Administrator in Computer Networking

"Handy "

What do you like best?

Easy to use and fast. The mail out theme option is nice and best past is about the data it gives u about the email u have sent out.

What do you dislike?

Spam rate is higher sometimes when we mail out

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very good if you have large quantities for email to send.

Can send 100s and 1000s of emails at a time. Plus it is very easy to use and fast as well

SendGrid review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Best alternative to Mailchimp"

What do you like best?

I have been using Sendgrid now for more than 3 years in different contexts and it never failed me. The price is extremely convenient for an average user or a startup and the feature list is more than enough

What do you dislike?

Nothing I can think of now but maybe the dashboard needs to be more user-friendly and more detailed analytics especially on an email/user level

Onboarding, Transactional and Marketing emails for my product

SendGrid review by Nicole O.
Nicole O.

"Sendgrid gets the job done"

What do you like best?

Sendgrid as a product is easy to use. My favorite features are the reporting, A/B testing and ease in uploading email lists. The staff seems pretty friendly and had no issues in resolving any problems we had.

What do you dislike?

Some open rates were low due to rejection from certain accounts, e.g., aol.com. Though this may have changed drastically since I've last used the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many email marketing choices, but SendGrid offers ease of use, simple reporting and a helpful staff.

When I used Sendgrid it helped us determine issues we were having with subject lines using A/B testing. The reporting allowed us to see what worked, what didn't work and what kind of messaging is resonating with our readers.

SendGrid review by Administrator in Management Consulting
Administrator in Management Consulting

"Used the Sendgrid API in nodejs"

What do you like best?

I found the documentation to be very complete.

Both the python and nodejs wrappers were very easy to plug and play.

What do you dislike?

I did not encounter anything to dislike. I didn't use very elaborate features (e.g. templating)

Recommendations to others considering the product

The documentation and support community is very clear. The API works as expected.

We built a web application and we used sendgrid both to send normal transactional emails (pwd recovery, etc) and weekly tests.

SendGrid Email API review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"One of the best and easiest"

What do you like best?

Their REST API feature is the most amazing and easy API I have used. It's very secure and probably the best API I can say.

What do you dislike?

I liked almost everything about Sendgrid, I would prefer easy plugin for linux mail installation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can use this service without any doubt. They also offering marketing email this days.

Their system made our transactional emailing very easy

SendGrid Email API review by Jordan F.
Jordan F.

"Send Grid Delivers."

What do you like best?

My experience with SendGrid has been great since joining the ranks at Net-Results Marketing Automation.

What do you dislike?

I wish you could look further back within your SendGrid account to see older Activity and Export that data.

No problems thus far!

SendGrid review by Nikita L.
Nikita L.

"Sending transactional emails"

What do you like best?

Service works without interruptions, good offering for startups using windows azure (+25K free emails/month)

What do you dislike?

When clicking to edit transactional templates, the service promotes marketing campaigns

Sending emails for authentication/authorization for our cloud app

SendGrid Email API review by Miranda P.
Miranda P.

"Nice System to Manage Our Email Sending"

What do you like best?

I like how you can schedule emails in different ways, and those emails are sent on time.

What do you dislike?

The new UI makes it difficult to access statistics on emails sent/opened/clickthroughs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to manage email sending and schedule them by segments, Sendgrid's a good way to go.

We need to inform customers of their business metrics and to increase engagement to our product.

SendGrid review by Internal Consultant in Marketing and Advertising
Internal Consultant in Marketing and Advertising

"Sendgrid review"

What do you like best?

Stability & dependability. We know with SendGrid that our emails are getting to our users when they need to.

What do you dislike?

Difficulty in ability to A/B test - since we use SendGrid transactionally we would like to have more options in terms of being able to test different copy by splitting user groups. Admittedly this could be more an issue on our end than with SG.

Operational email deployment is the business problem, we've never had any issues with SG. The benefit is knowing that our users are receiving the emails we need them to receive.

SendGrid Email API review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"We use it as a server for transactional emails"

What do you like best?

The customer support has always been easy to interact with.

What do you dislike?

When looking up a user, you can only see if a message was sent, opened or flagged as spam. It doesn't give you the subject line of which email was sent (this could be due to how our business uses sendgrid)

Sendgrid has helped us improve deliver ability of emails we send on behalf of our clients.

"Great platform"

What do you like best?

The platform is set up for any user type to be able to load and send content to customers and prospects without being a professional user.

What do you dislike?

Honestly isnt much I didnt like, so I cant really answer this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it, you'll love engaging a larger audience bringing yourself a higher response.

Communicating with a larger audience instead of the personal 1 on 1 emails

SendGrid Email API review by Allen N.
Allen N.

"I Liked the way it works"

What do you like best?

The API is easy to use,and convenient when you wnat to integrate email management in your app

What do you dislike?

I couldn't use their templating tool .Its not user friendly

Recommendations to others considering the product

I was impressed ,try it.

Just sending emails to customers who make bookings on our site

"Works great"

What do you like best?

Great option for sending emails from a variety of services. I use the wordpress and microsoft flow integrations.

What do you dislike?

It can sometimes be difficult to login as I set it up through Azure.

Our problem was that we often need to send transactional emails as a part of other workflows. We've benefited from a solid platform with good deliverability

SendGrid review by User

"Good value for the service. "

What do you like best?

More features are being added and updated lately. Ease of use.

What do you dislike?

Not much. There are small improvements that will be made soon

With SendGrid we can email sales to our constantly growing and changing list of customers. The delivery is very consistent which benefits us by ensuring customers are aware of our promotions.

SendGrid Email API review by Luiz Henrique R.
Luiz Henrique R.

"Great dileverability"

What do you like best?

Our emails are ever delivered

Acceptable segmentation feature

What do you dislike?

A bad support when used

Need better reports

Send email marketing campaigns with high open rates.

SendGrid review by User in Internet

"Good email relay service for businesses who send lots of emails"

What do you like best?

Easy to use interface. Our developers say API is excellent. The tracking and stats facilities are excellent for support team.

What do you dislike?

The response on customer tickets hasn't been as fast as I'd expect, some tickets took days to get a response.

Sending automated, trackable emails to thousands of people a day.