4.0
(201 reviews)

SendGrid Email API- Integrate in minutes with our email API.

Work for SendGrid Email API?

Learning about SendGrid Email API?

SendGrid Email API Reviews

Ask SendGrid Email API a Question
Showing 207 SendGrid Email API reviews
SendGrid Email API review by Alexandre D.
Alexandre D.

"We send around 700k transactionnal emails per month using SendGrid"

What do you like best?

We slowly scaled up a new service that required a LOT of transactionnal emails to be sent, over the past 5 years. From a few thousands on the first months, we're now at ~700k emails per month.

SendGrid's SMTP service takes all of our transactionnal emails really fast, with no downtime, and manage to send them to the vast majority of our users, with a great API and webhooks to monitor and report back when mail bounces.

What do you dislike?

I wish it would be easier to check the state of our IPs, especially see if it got on blacklists, but mostly see what SendGrid is doing when that happens, so we can know if they act to keep their IP off blacklists.

We needed a safe, easy to scale up and low cost way to send a lot of transactionnal emails. With SendGrid our profit margin is higher that using our own equipments, and our maintenance is almost null.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SendGrid Email API
SendGrid Email API review by Jose M.
Jose M.

"Managing email notifications in a patient portal."

What do you like best?

Our favorite feature is the ability to setup a new customer in a minimum period of time, knowing that we don't have to deal ourselves with deriverability, reputation management, etc.

Also important is to track whether the email was successfully delivered, rejected, delayed, marked as spam, etc.

What do you dislike?

It used to be a problem the restriction to create new sub-users. We had several incidents where our customers were waiting to be able to use our program because we reached the amount of sub-users that Sendgrid will allow us to have. It would take from a couple of hours, up to an entire day for us to solve that problem. Our limit is set to a higher value now, so we haven't had that problem in a while.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sendgrid email is a most if you want to let others send email through you and you don't want to deal with the setup of all the infrastructure needed. Also, you have the peace of mind that, if some of your customers start sending spam, they are not going to affect the operation of some other well behave customers.

We allow our customers to send email to their customers. We don't want that a rogue customer can affect the operation of other customers.

We started with our own SMTP server, but having to maintain it was a resource drag that was not worth the money we could save by handling email ourselves.

What Email Deliverability solution do you use?

SendGrid Email API review by Brandon B.
Brandon B.

"Easy to Implement"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to implement SendGrid. I can send emails in just a few minutes. There's multiple ways to implement it into our Laravel applications (SMTP or the API). We integrated with SMTP - the documentation on setting it up was very straightforward. Took less than 30 minutes.

What do you dislike?

It's difficult to deal with reporting. The reporting tools have change drastically in the past year and a half. I do like the changes you have made, but the amount of data is reduced to just 3 days and it takes longer to pull the data I need.

Biggest complaint:

Data is only stored for 3 days. I know it costs a lot of money to keep large amounts of data for clients, but I would like to search at least 1-2 weeks of data for a product I pay monthly. Even if it's just basic data (like sends, opens and clicks). I don't necessarily need all of the other data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SendGrid is very easy to setup and integrate into your existing servers. I can only speak to its transactional sending abilities, but all of our transactional emails have been sent for years without issue.

We needed to send transactional emails (password reset, purchase receipts and event reminders). We are able to send these email effortlessly.

SendGrid Email API review by Chris B.
Chris B.

"Simple, reliable, bulletproof"

What do you like best?

I primarily use the SendGrid API equipping websites with reliable email delivery. SendGrid's WordPress plugin takes minutes to set up and is completely reliable. The cativity activity installed by the plugin in the WordPress dashboard makes it easy to see that delivery is happening as expected. The plugin makes it easy to verify correct setup and see that my clients are, indeed, receiving a flow of email (even when I am not the recipient).

What do you dislike?

There's not much I don't like about SendGrid. If there were any room for improvement, it would be simplifying the user interface in the web dashboard. I do sometimes need to dig around to find things. One possible improvement might be to add a way to star or favorite frequently used sections. For instance, I'm typically interested in reviewing existing APIs or generating new ones. Being able to favorite these functions would be faster than digging through several levels of menus.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's never a downside to improved email deliverability.

MOst people don't realize how poor mail delivery can be using the default services provided by website hosts. Most of my clients are online to generate leads, and there simply no room for a dropped transactional email or missing contact form enquiries. Using the SendGrid WordPress plugin and SendGrid API simply makes these problems go away. Since adopting the SendGrid mail API, I've had literally zero client complaints about lost transactional emails or undelivered contact form enquiries.

SendGrid Email API review by Joseph M.
Joseph M.

"Good service flexible platrorm"

What do you like best?

everything is straight forward and intuitive

Ther r was easy to find guidance online and sendgrid resources were easy to follow for someone who knows nothing about the platform.

The website was always well presented and there was no issue finding help in the website.

I really dont have anything else to share about send grid. my experience was a bit more limited

What do you dislike?

Not many suggestions on application of your many tools

Not knowing anything about the platform there was nothing that caught me or suggested I use other features.

I was able to get done specificially what I went in to do but I didint find any other interesting tools along the way

Recommendations to others considering the product

It would be useful if Send Grid provided more information or promotional suggestions on how else the platform can be applied. For the less educated user I had to jump back to youtube for alot of basic explanations on the use of send grid. We did have a sort of unconventional use of the platform but we do use other vendors for email newsletters and blasts, we didnt give any thought to turning to you for other support in the area.

we had a text platform set up through twilio and another platform we use for scheduling. send grid bridged the gap between apis for us\

with the send grid integrations we were able to connect two of our most used platforms

There wasnt much else that send grid helped us with beyod that

SendGrid Email API review by Joshua B.
Joshua B.

"Sendgrid works flawlessly with everything I already use."

What do you like best?

I like how easy it was to get started. I plugged my sendgrid info into the shopping cart system I use, and it was firing off receipt emails in minutes for me (with better email deliverability than I've seen in ages).

What do you dislike?

I'm not a power user, so I haven't come across anything so far that didn't work perfectly right out the gate. If I had to nitpick though, I guess I'd pick different typography for their website ;-P

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd say that you should see if the tools you already use can integrate with SendGrid - if you're like me I think you'll notice that your transactional emails really benefit in terms of sending speed, deliverability, and inboxing.

So far I'm mostly just using it for transactional emails to my customers (although I also have a handful of cart abandonment email sequences).

I'm starting to test it for marketing broadcasts this week, because I've heard great things from colleagues.

SendGrid Email API review by Kelly D.
Kelly D.

"Reliable and Scalable Marketing and Transactional email capabilities"

What do you like best?

All-in one transactional and marketing email solution that appeals to both developers and marketers. Easy to integrate API triggers into external sites / apps and also easy to integrate with 3rd party marketing stack providers. Full suite of solutions from managing marketing lists to creating campaigns or transactional triggers. Category-based transactional reporting gives me lots of flexibility in how to roll up /aggregate reporting data. Robust activity exports out to other marketing stack tools for open / click / send based segments.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see reporting developed out even further. e.g. more robust report data export options, more ways to slice and dice and analyze reporting data from the UI.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider how your data is managed, overlay your internal processes for setting up, creating and measuring campaigns. Consider taking in the SendGrid open / click export data as it is valuable to have and use in ways that you can't always do within the campaign UI. Think about how your programs divide up between marketing and transactional and which platform you will mail from. For example, I manage all our data in Simon Data and use SendGrid's transactional platform for both marketing and transactional emails but I have dedicated IPs for each message type.

Integrating a multi-layer marketing stack that leverages disparate data sources and tools to create a unified and robust customer communications and marketing platform. Great value for cost.

SendGrid Email API review by Dino M.
Dino M.

"Excellent API and User Interface"

What do you like best?

Their robust API has SDK's in every programming language I would need it for, and they have a fully responsive, well designed back-end that allows you easily manage all aspects of their service. The back-end user interface is a pleasure to work with, and i'm easily able to integrate their services into my code.

What do you dislike?

I have yet to find anything I dislike about the service, it's done nothing but solve problems for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. You won't be disappointed.

When deploying websites on Google Cloud Compute Engine, you are not able to send mail through PHP. I solve this problem by using SendGrid to handle all e-mails going out. In fact, i'm able to easily track problems if e-mails don't get delivered. I can search by e-mail address and find out why an e-mail bounced.

SendGrid Email API review by Cindy B.
Cindy B.

"Phenomenal deliverability"

What do you like best?

Sendgrid has exceptional deliverability - around 99% in my experience. No other email provider even comes close.

What do you dislike?

Not a dislike so much as a "wishlist." I wish it were easier to use it as a full-on autoresponder, rather than having to also have a "front end" through my shopping cart or other more user friendly interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's well worth the cost, but if you're not technically inclined, definitely get someone else to set it up for you.

The biggest issue for me was that new customers weren't receiving their welcome email/login details. We had a ton of customer service issues because of it, but once we integrated Sendgrid with our cart, those issues have pretty much vanished. Now it's rare that we hear from a customer who didn't get their login credentials.

SendGrid Email API review by OBX S.
OBX S.

"Quick, Easy, Powerful Marketing Campaigns"

What do you like best?

The Marketing Campaigns engine that SendGrid rolled out has a number of benefits for the business owner that doesn't want to get into API code. The Marketing Campaigns drag-and-drop editor is easy to learn and quick to navigate. After building your first campaign, you can easily duplicate it and not have to build each campaign from scratch. You get 2000 free contacts and once your business grows to sending more emails per month, you can upgrade. Nice feature for startups. The metrics are very expandable - you can view your open rate, clicks, and unsubscribes all in one screen. You can even drill down to what types of devices that your customers are viewing your email on. Keeping your contact list slim and clean is simple by viewing your bounces, spam reports, and invalid emails in a simple screenflow. Chop and drop or review your contacts for validity. So much more available, we would suggest you give it a try! Beats ConstantContact, MailChimp and other more costly, simple email creators - plus your emails won't carry their branding!

What do you dislike?

We tried signing up for the Partners program to become an affiliate. We were directed to a simple contact form, filled it out, but never heard from anyone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Run the trial first and see if its right for you. Then, upgrade incrementally.

Email Marketing; the benefits are increased customer engagement, web traffic increase, and conversion rate of purchases has increased.

SendGrid Email API review by Peter L.
Peter L.

"A robust transactional email provider"

What do you like best?

Sendgrid has become my default mechanism for sending emails from applications. Rather than deal with the uncertainties of having an SMTP server available, and the headaches of network issues, its great to be able to configure my applications to just send this off to a service that does it all for me.

What do you dislike?

It can be difficult to really get the answers you need when you need them with send grid because their UI has so much available to it. This is both a blessing and a curse. I am still getting a feel on my own for how to manage my processes better and take full advantage of what they have to offer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product if you need the capability. It is not for the casual, non-technical user to administer though.

I use Send Grid to send all my emails from my applications. Even those third party apps I setup that require an SMTP server, I can give them the credentials for a SendGrid SMTP. My own APIs make full use of the API. And while I use MailChimp currently for my email marketing, I am looking forward to trying out Send Grid when I have a change.

My big plus with SendGrid is the presence of web hooks. I can, and have, configured email addresses to point to SendGrid and had a webhook then post that information to a webpage I have written for processing and storage. This is amazingly useful technology.

SendGrid Email API review by Ryan C.
Ryan C.

"Non-Technical Reviewer But Still a Fan"

What do you like best?

I use SendGrid to send emails from within AirTable. The integration works great. Statistics on whether the emails are being opened or not are generally not my top priority. Even so, I do occasionally check SendGrid to see how many of the emails are being opened and it is nice to see that all of that is being tracked.

What do you dislike?

The only problem I have with the software right now is that AirTable does not include an interface that allows for sending HTML emails. Thus, all my emails are plain text. If I could embed links and make some things bold, that would be a huge improvement.

I can send targeted emails to subsets of the people I work with. It's awesome!

SendGrid Email API review by David C.
David C.

"Robust transactional email service with amazing support and features"

What do you like best?

The ability to easily determine why particular emails fail to deliver is extremely powerful. Also the notifications that can be configured to warn on you on any delivery failure are very nice to have. Using SendGrid with multiple different systems and be being able to setup separate API keys for each one is extremely powerful and important for security.

What do you dislike?

The historical view of emails sent could be a bit quicker for overall loading of the list, but due to the wealth of information it offers on each email this is an acceptable concession.

Simple method to send and log transaction emails sent from multiple systems without adding further complexity and need for extra logging methods.

SendGrid Email API review by John A.
John A.

"Bulletproof, maintenance and great features"

What do you like best?

It 'just works' and has transparent pricing that we can rely on. As a basic transactional email provider they are great but where sendgrid really shines is when you start using some of the more advanced features like email templates and marketing. We send 50k to 100k+ transactional emails each month with no issues at all.

What do you dislike?

Support responses are a bit 'canned' when there are platform issues and sometimes the transactional template index gets out of sync and can be difficult to deal with but this is rare and eventually, platform issues resolve. We are probably just catching the tail end of software updates when we see things like this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Beware, they were recently purchased by another company and that can spell the end of this service.

We use the sendgrid email api for 3 purposes:

1) Transactional emails from all of our tools

2) Templates with dynamic variables. This allows all of our tools to share the same transactional library of emails. Makes maintenance and expansion super easy.

3) Localized emails: since you can have so many email templates we use this to send localized emails to our users. This has really increased click-through for us since much of our audience is global.

SendGrid Email API review by Alex G.
Alex G.

"Incredibly efficient"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that i can track what clients have received my emails and which haven't great way to help clean out my database. i also like how i can attach this to my current database and everyone can benefit from the services provided by sendgrid without having to access my account.

What do you dislike?

to this point i would like to see a more user friendly way to make campaigns. i use mailchimp for my campaigns but i would love it if they could come out of sendgrid.

Recommendations to others considering the product

seek out for costumer service help they are awesome. definitely the easiest to use API. no need to learn a new system without having anything change on your current database you just keep working without other people even noticing the change. security is well maintained so your contacts are your contacts

no one needs to log in to my sendgrid in order to be able to use it with the API we have applied to our database. a lot of the other problems is the time of delivery, compared to our old service provider, send grid has the fastest and more email to go out at once.

SendGrid Email API review by Daniel D.
Daniel D.

"Reasonable service"

What do you like best?

Getting setup and running was a smooth and seamless process. We switched over from Mandrill after they decided to combine the product with MailChimp and increase pricing. SendGrid even offered a similar plan with free credits to make the switch a no-brainer. Soon after we started paying for an account due to increased Email sending. However from the first level to the next is a big price increase for a small business getting started.

Being a small niche SaaS product and having the white labelling functionality is great, helps out customers trust in us more which is a huge benefit.

Tracking covers a lot of statuses which is great at an overview, however there is also times where this is inaccurate.

We use the SendGrid API as well as SMTP and found it super simple to setup with a number of libraries available and good documentation.

What do you dislike?

There hasn't been too much to dislike at this point.

We have had some minor problems with SMTP timeouts from time to time but they normally recover after a few minutes, not really ideal for some of our messages.

Support can be slow to respond to questions from time to time.

Had issues with shared IPs being blacklisted and being at the mercy of SendGrid to resolve or pay the huge jump in price for a small business getting started without funding to get a dedicated IPs and a Pro account.

Needing to have a PRO account for sub user management.

We allow our customers to craft their own internal emails to send to their own employees using the API and also send app based transactional emails using SMTP relay.

"Works like a charm"

What do you like best?

SendGrid handles all of the technical email aspects so I don't have to be an expert on it. It's one less thing off my plate. I love the stats SendGrig provides allowing me to see how many emails were opened, undelivered, or even marked as spam so I can easily clean up my email list. I also love being able to get a copy of every email sent through the API to be able to monitor what is being sent out from our server.

What do you dislike?

No complaints so far. I have not run into any problems and their documentation is great if you are ever unsure how to do something.

Recommendations to others considering the product

These guys know all the technical ins and outs of email so you don't have to. They also offer a free service if your volume is low so you can try it out risk free without any cost or commitment.

We are sending email through the SendGrid API from our server. We are able to easily monitor what goes out and view stats on email sent. Their costs are very reasonable or even free depending on your volume needs.

SendGrid Email API review by Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education
Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education

"Saved my site!"

What do you like best?

Send Grid does a great job sending all of the emails for my site. I have tens of thousands of visitors each month who receive emails and send grid helps me. It saves my site from being marked as spam and helps ensure that emails get delivered favorably. It also sped up my site because when I was processing all those emails through my own server, my site was failing constantly.

What do you dislike?

I have had no issues with Send Grid - someone set it up for me and my site has run well with SendGrid ever since!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I had someone set mine SendGrid up. I don't believe it is difficult but I delegated to someone I know could do it quickly and easily.

By sending emails it has helped my site stay up and running. When my own server was sending the transactional emails, my server would fail. Send Grid keeps me in business by sending the emails and also by making sure they are delivered favorably and my server is not marked as a spam server.

SendGrid Email API review by Ari B.
Ari B.

"SendGrid transactional/marketing email service"

What do you like best?

The user friendliness of the UI is outstanding, reliable& stable service, plenty of tools for customization, well documented API, excellent deliverability, great tools for import, edit, name, rename, segmentating contact lists, great automation unsubscribers management, excellent email campaign building logics.

In other words: Great value for money!

What do you dislike?

Lack of tools to generate email workflow based on recipients reactions and time intervals.

Lack of initial wizard to help the user to fine tune the system for optimizing mail deliverability

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it!

We have SAAS ERP solution. We use Sendgrid for two different purposes:

1. Our system is using sendgrid transactional mail sevice (Through sendgrid API) for sending emails on behalf of our subscribers for various needs (invoice sending for example) .

2. We use the marketing campaign system directly, through user interface, by importing lead lists and creating campaigns for them based on segments to improve ctr and conversion rates.

SendGrid Email API review by Eric C.
Eric C.

"Reliability in email"

What do you like best?

My website sends a fair bit of email to customers related to services that they are getting from me--confirmations, reminders, cancellations. It is essential that they receive these emails and I have found that my messages ALWAYS get through. I never hear from customers that my email goes to the spam folder. It is delivered and I value that highly. I also really value the open tracking and click tracking that Sendgrid provides as it better enables me to see that customers are actually getting and engaging with my messages. I found out about Sendgrid through my use of Microsoft Azure and while I don't use Azure anymore, I have stuck with Sendgrid.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I need to be able to track emails from a while back and I have not found a way to get access to a full history of sent emails and whether they have been opened.

I do not use the Email API. My connnection to SendGrid is via SMTP.

SendGrid Email API review by William G.
William G.

"Reliable, flexible, cost-effective email delivery. "

What do you like best?

Developer-friendly. Free-tier - great for getting staging sites up. Integrates with all my production sites - wordpress sites via a third party SMTP plugin (post SMTP) and my web-apps on heroku.

What do you dislike?

Official SendGrid wordpress plugin did not meet my needs and has not been updated in over 9 months. Documentation on how to integrate with third-party plugins was lacking on SendGrid's site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very much worth the effort to integrate with Wordpress (woocommerce) sites even for standard client order notifications.

Improving tracking and deliverability of customer email notifications - reminders, order confirmations, newsletters, etc. Allows us to improve and track email delivery (99+%) and easily identify any bad email addresses.

SendGrid Email API review by Andrew A.
Andrew A.

"Solid, reliable and easy to setup system"

What do you like best?

The user interface is really nice and for marketing, the drag an drop features whilst allowing for code editing in the section is fantastic! This is the first time I have seen in done like this.

What do you dislike?

Some of the pay walls are a pain, e.g. 3 day transaction history. You need at least 14 days and I am not happy that there are not more bulk email options only 40k and 100k.

For us we started using sendgrid just for API sends, but after realising the ease of use for marketing, we migrated from another provider to sendgrid, now all of our emails come from a single source and we like that.

It is more time efficient and saves costs.

SendGrid Email API review by Jennifer S.
Jennifer S.

"Our company & our clients love SendGrid!"

What do you like best?

The ease of integration, thorough API documentation, very friendly and helpful support team.

What do you dislike?

Through our years of doing business with SendGrid, we have no complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a developer looking for a reliable email API to integrate with your product, or if you're a business looking for an affordable, trusted solution to improve the deliverability of your emails, I urge you to consider SendGrid.

Our business has been using the SendGrid Email API in our CRM/E-Marketing products for 5+ years now. The reason we chose SendGrid was because of its scalability and ease of integration. Our clients love the deliverability of both their transactional and deployment emails (for which we use the handy substitution tags feature). We also find the detailed reports very useful (e.g., opens, link clicks, and for undelivered emails, we can see why they failed, are they hard vs. soft bounces, etc.).

SendGrid Email API review by Lark I.
Lark I.

"Great if you are worried about deliverability. "

What do you like best?

I've used Sendgrid for both marketing and transaction emails. It's less user friendly than other options but it's reliable and I trust their consistency with delivery. If anyone is having issues email delivery I always recommend Sendgrid for an easy solution to remove their headache. It's api means makes integration easy. It's very reasonably priced and would be great for smaller businesses with low budgets if they have a team to get it set up.

What do you dislike?

It's not as user friendly as newsletter programs so I usually only recommend it to larger business or techy teams. The other occasion where I recommend them is if someone has repeatedly had issues with delivery because I think this is where Sendgrid shines. There is a larger setup barrier but this is generally worth it because all this setup means better reliability for your messages and campaigns.

Email delivery problems! It also has great email marketing features that add confidence that your campaign will be delivered but it's not very user friendly as other newsletter programs.

SendGrid Email API review by Steve B.
Steve B.

"Great API for sending transactional emails"

What do you like best?

We currently use SendGrid for our transactional emails as well as our marketing emails (they recently added the marketing piece). It is flawless for transactional emails. I really like that I can have templates and edit them directly on the SendGrid site and then pass in whatever data I want via API when sending the emails.

What do you dislike?

The marketing email tools are still being fleshed out. I'm not complaining about them, but the email editing tools aren't anywhere near as easy to use as Mailchimp's editor. I'm optimistic for it, though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep in mind it is still growing up and will continue to improve over time. SendGrid is a great company who's come a long way since their inception. They already have the best-in-class transaction email sending so they know how to send email that arrives successfully, so jumping on board here is a smart move.

We're able to jump in and send out emails to customers who are already customers, who opted in to marketing emails during a purchase. I'd have to plug that data in to a different service and have disparate data if I didn't use SendGrid for marketing as well, since we're already using them for transactional emails.

SendGrid Email API review by Administrator

"Started off great, but eventually price went up substantially and had many problems with shared IP"

What do you like best?

The price at first was great. It was something like $2/month. We used for a couple years with no problems.

It's also very easy to integrate with.

What do you dislike?

We were on a shared IP address plan for a couple years with very little issues. Then our email stopped being delivered to a lot of people. We had to upgrade to a $60/mo plan with a dedicated IP address. We went from spending $2/mo to $60/mo for the same service essentially. We are looking at other options now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be wary of the shared IP address plans. If someone in your IP pool is a bad user, you will be penalized and your customers will not receive emails. SendGrid will urge you to upgrade to a costly dedicated IP address plan.

Easy to integrate with our custom cloud CRM software. Used to send transactional emails.

SendGrid Email API review by Wendel N.
Wendel N.

"A really nice marketing tool"

What do you like best?

I think SendGrid it's a really easy tool with almost zero configuration and it's very productive. Me and my team was searching for a tool like this for a long time, but the only that can cover all of our marketing and transactional process was SendGrid. The email testing feature is awesome!

What do you dislike?

I think that some things are not perfectly clear for the user, specifically the suppressions list, it's very confusing sometimes. And also i've took a lot of time to know of the transactional templates, I think that it's a UX problem that makes a awesome feature undiscoverable sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's an easy tool, it's not expensive, has a lot of options. I think it's the best one for the purpose of sending transactional and marketing emails. It really gives you results.

We use SendGrid to send our targeted email campaigns and all the emails that come from our platform, password resets, onboarding and a lot more.

SendGrid Email API review by Travis T.
Travis T.

"Send Grid "

What do you like best?

I like that i can use sendgrid from any wordpress instance i use and it works to send emails.

What do you dislike?

I dont have too many dislikes from sendgrid, i also dont use all it has to offer. I guess I can always complain about price, It would be nice if it was free. But nothing in the world is free haha.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great SMTP service i hope to use more of what it has to offer in the future.

Some hosting accounts have issues with deliverability coming from Wordpress. SendGrid solves that as an SMTP.

SendGrid Email API review by Thomas K.
Thomas K.

"Best Bang for Buck!"

What do you like best?

Sendgrid allows me to send my emails direct through its servers from my preferred email client using the address I've associated with it, rather than forcing use of its own web interface.

What do you dislike?

Other than being a cheapskate who wishes everything was free, nothing!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Everyone's needs vary, but at its price point Sendgrid was clearly the best option for my product and niche.

Sendgrid seamlessly handles bounces/bad addresses so that I can keep my list clean. It also proactively addresses spurious additions of its servers to spam lists like Spamcop so that my emails actually get delivered.

SendGrid Email API review by Mark R.
Mark R.

"SendGrid solves email problems"

What do you like best?

Integration with the SendGrid API is straight forward and just works, it is all great to have the smtp option for legacy apps

What do you dislike?

Additional smtp accounts uses up team member allocation, this should be separate

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sendgrid has resolved issues with emails reported as SPAM, particularly when using a dedicated IP Address, the API is very easy to use, robust and does exactly hat we need.

We send application transactions emails using the SendGrid API, which means we need a fast asynchronous and robust mechanism to send of emails, SendGrid does all these things

SendGrid Email API review by Administrator

"Sophisticated and simple solution for email."

What do you like best?

Easy to use API with php libraries to make development faster.

What do you dislike?

API Documentation could be more detailed. Sometimes it's easier to figure something out through trial and error that should be clearly explained in the docs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a flexible solution backed by a great team, I would recommend it. It was very flexible for our needs and the web interface for managing new deployments is very intuitive.

Improved email deliverability with minimal effort. Domain white-labeling is very straightforward. The new reporting makes it easy to determine why a customer didn't receive a specific email notification for transactional emails. It has also significantly helped with deliverability with our targeted marketing campaigns. We migrated from using Mailchimp to using SendGrid for marketing via the API, building our emails dynamically and have had great results with deliverability and customer engagement.

SendGrid Email API review by Yasir A.
Yasir A.

"Easy, Simple and Efficient! "

What do you like best?

The real-time component and simplicity of implementation of their API has done a ton for us. Also the ability to see the status of each email transaction has made it easier for us to QA issues

What do you dislike?

It doesn't happen a lot but sometimes a few emails here and there get put on a block list.

The API has done wonders for us. We use SendGrid's API for sending weekly reports and service recovery alerts whenever patients have poor experiences. The instantaneous and real-time capability has added a ton of value for our service

SendGrid Email API review by Anibal S.
Anibal S.

"A great communication management solution"

What do you like best?

The transactional email API is the best feature in SendGrid. I can't imagine going back to the old way of crafting email templates in a system.

What do you dislike?

In a recent event, a spammer abused of an unprotected form and sent inconsistent emails unsuccessfully for some days. However, our credit was consumed. It would be great to have an early warning of these cases.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The integration of Send Email API can be done in a breeze, in a few minutes. It can be easily connected with an SMTP integration or with any of the other integration options.

Communication emails with our clients and transactional emails. In our system, every email is composed with the transactional email API and sent by SendGrid. We also integrate and send emails with the SMTP API

SendGrid Email API review by Brian F.
Brian F.

"Great solution for both transactional and marketing email"

What do you like best?

Delivery has been extremely reliable and support has been excellent - both self-server (i.e. knowledge base) and help tickets.

What do you dislike?

Only thing I miss from Mailchimp is the ability to direct web hooks to different servers based on a parameter - allowed me to track email activity on both our LIVE and DEMO sites.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great service to use for both transactional and marketing email.

SendGrid provides the best solution we've found for our combination of transactional and marketing email. Since purchasing a dedicated IP, our delivery hasn't had any hiccups.

SendGrid Email API review by Consultant in Research
Consultant in Research

"A great solution for Marketing Emails!"

What do you like best?

The set up for me was extremely easy, and as a individual, the pricing is extremely affordable.

It allows me to see general statistics for my email and monitor whether a specific recipient actually opened a specific email or clicked on it.

It also notifies me that, if someone unsubscribes so I can remove them from my mailing list. It's easy to monitor what is happening to the emails I have been sending!

What do you dislike?

Limited analytical tools, sometimes their IP's get flagged as spam!

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should try to play and get yourself comfortable with their API. It is good.

I am able to play with their API to get the best out send grid. Also, I am able to deliever the best of the emails to my contacts and it is going quite fine. I guess the analytics are not that top-notch but still, they are working just fine for me.

SendGrid Email API review by User

"Sendgrid for Seamless Integration and Monitoring"

What do you like best?

SendGrid provides us with an email integration like no other, lets us pick a static IP address to let all us white list the URL and IP, to make sure we do not miss any emails.

What do you dislike?

If there is one area of improvement, I would like to be able to set up rules to send me reports of suppressions, instead of me logging in every time to get the reports. If there was a way to create a rule and email the csv, it would make life much easier

Email is the core of our software for communication between users. Instead of trying to integrate with ever changing mail servers, its easier for us to control, secure the emails being dispatched from the system and monitor them.

SendGrid Email API review by Joshua I.
Joshua I.

"If you like limited reporting and a clunky interface, then this is your JAM"

What do you like best?

Their logo looks okay, I guess. Their OC headquarters is down the street from one of my favorite restaurants (Haven Gastropub - check it out if you're in the area. Get the burger).

What do you dislike?

Literally everything. Their reporting is useless. Their dashboard doesn't sort emails by date of send, it just arbitrarily organizes emails. And, when you try to gain insight into how your emails performed, you can't compare emails. You have to manually export emails into an excel file and - get this - YOU HAVE TO SORT THROUGH THE COLUMNS YOURSELF. You can't select what columns you want to export. AND, when you export a selection of emails, for some unknown (*cough*stupid*cough*) reason they include the daily stats of each email for up to a week. Why? Maybe they think that data matters?

Beyond that, I can't compare campaigns against each other in any sort of helpful way. With Campaign Monitor, I can compare campaigns with a couple clicks. With Hubspot, I can compare with a few clicks. Even Bronto - a company so old and clunky even other dinosaurs don't want to deal with it - can provide me relevant reporting. SendGrid? Nope.

And don't get me started on customer support. I need to sacrifice a goat, give up my first born, and do a 30-day juice cleanse just to get an email from support. Only after I threatened to leave FOUR TIMES, did they grace me with a voicemail (no call - just a message) notifying me that they'd be able to get back to me about my urgent matter THE NEXT AFTERNOON.

To say I'm displeased with SendGrid would be an understatement. SendGrid is more disappointing than my career choice is to my grandparents. SendGrid is more annoying than I was when I used to incessantly blast Yellowcard from my beat up Chevy S-10. SendGrid is a bigger pain in my derriere than the actual recurring pain in my derriere resulting from a bad skiing accident I had in Big Bear.

In conclusion, SendGrid is an even bigger waste of time than the 27 seconds it took you to read this review.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just. Don't.

Literally nothing.

SendGrid Email API review by Carlos C.
Carlos C.

"Great reliable service."

What do you like best?

No downtime and quick deliveries of mass e-mails.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Even the transition to new servers was seamless.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you require a solution that is simple to integrate and reliable while also maintaining affordability, SendGrid is (without question) the perfect solution for you.

We needed to be able to send mass e-mails to mailing lists that our customers had at their schools while keeping this feature affordable for our company. Customers have been greatly helped by what we have been able to incorporate with SendGrid.

SendGrid Email API review by Juan U.
Juan U.

"Great service and even better tech support!"

What do you like best?

It works! and if you encounter a problem, their team is willing to assist you until you can resolve the issue.

What do you dislike?

Pricing could be a little lower, but you get what you pay for.

We needed to send blast communications emails from our virtual office, the emails contain critical information and reaching accounts like gmail.com aol.com and yahoo.com was difficult until we implemented SendGrid.com, after the implementation, we not only raised our deliberability ratio but our clients and MUCH happier.

SendGrid Email API review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"SendGrid Makes Creating Email Marketing Campaigns Easy"

What do you like best?

Sendgrid has so many functions available and is quite easy to use, even for beginners. Whether you're sending a monthly newsletter or weekly email campaigns, SendGrid has what you need to create and replicate your templates, upload your email lists, and check stats after sending your campaigns.

What do you dislike?

For someone who isn't at all familiar with html, creating or modifying some aspects of the email campaigns can be a bit challenging. I've also experienced troubles when it comes to emails getting clipped even when test-emails don't.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time exploring the platform first before starting to send out email campaigns. You may discover functions that are useful along the way, so don't be scared to click on anything.

SendGrid has allowed us to condense our email efforts into less programs because of the different options in SendGrid. Since the platform is easy to use, just about anyone on the team can go in and use it.

SendGrid Email API review by Paritosh B.
Paritosh B.

"Best Email Service "

What do you like best?

Very reliable solution, awesome support. Our business centered around sending emails so reliable email delivery is very good. Unsubscribe group can be managed automatically. Templates can be modified at any time. SMTP intergration is really good for legacy application supprt.

What do you dislike?

API calls are slow and you can specify only one end point for web hook for whole application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sendgrid is industry status, and expert in email business so if you are looking for a vendor like that sendgrid is right for you.

1) Appointment reminder

2) Digital reminder

3) Marketing emails

A lot of other usage email

SendGrid Email API review by Felix H.
Felix H.

"Easy to use and affordable"

What do you like best?

as title, it is easy to set up and affordable! It is very easy to white label emails and make sure it send out encrypted and great analytics data. Sendgrid insider Program can help earn rewards while learn more. Also they have a lot of great beta programs like Advertising through Adwords and Facebook etc which built into the platform and very easy to connect and use as well.

What do you dislike?

it is not very accurate for some recipient data, I think that is the only complaint i have about sendgrid but I believe the technical difficulties exist for all vendors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Starts with going to one of the sendgrid partners and click their link to start trial for extended trials. It can be 60 or 90 days!

Email Marketing to previous shoppers, promotions hurdle, email address reputations

SendGrid Email API review by Paul T.
Paul T.

"Consitent, Reliable Service with good support"

What do you like best?

Sendgrid does exactly what it says it will do. The user interface is user friendly and is accomodating even with a large number of features/services available.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. We are very happy with this service.

We went to sendgrid after having deliverability problems with our email. Along with providing a great service, the support materials are good and allowed us to do a lot of learning on our own. Those times we needed help we were able to get great support, both online and via phone. I also like the flexibility of the system and the features they provide. We also looked at Mailgun but the feature set for Sendgrid was better for us.

SendGrid Email API review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Easy to use: gives us insights we couldn't get before"

What do you like best?

We love using Sendgrid as our email service because it gives us such good insight into deliverability. Before we used Sendgrid, when we had customer say "We didn't get your email, " we had no idea what could have gone wrong. But the detail available from Sendgrid allows us to see what is happening and fix things that are going wrong. We also love the suppression features that help protect our email reputation.

Love being able to filter email activity by different deliverability factors.

We used the Sendgrid API to integrate with our system. Our developer found it straightforward to work with.

What do you dislike?

We currently get 30 days of history. Sometimes it would be nice to be able to access more. Mostly, though, 30 days is enough.

Insight into email delivery to our customers. The benefits are better customer service. Often we can nip problems in the bud by the early warning that our emails aren't making it through.

SendGrid Email API review by Internal Consultant in Internet
Internal Consultant in Internet

"For the tech-inclined marketer on a budget"

What do you like best?

Easy to use considering the amount of flexibility they provide, like custom configuring domains, subusers, subscription groups

Integrates easily with a variety of tools - like SimonData, Zapier, Interact, etc

Template builder produces responsive designs easily & reliably

Support tickets have been thorough, with good service

Low-cost, similar pricing to MailChimp but with a lot more under the hood

What do you dislike?

Compared to marketer-centric ESPs like Mailchimp, not as intuitive to use

Reporting isn't great - they want you to export (eg via API/webhooks). Email activity only stored for 30 days which is problematic for customer service to track down a customer's email history. Basic reports e.g. open/clicks don't seem to work when you toggle to a percentage.

Easy integration with our core platform (Heroku) with a low-cost and high level of flexibility/customisation to suit our business.

SendGrid Email API review by Mike A.
Mike A.

"Good free SMTP server for low-use solutions"

What do you like best?

What I've always liked about SendGrid is how it takes the complexity of SMTP servers and abstracts that away so I don't need to worry about it. It can be quite complicated to setup your own SMTP servers and this is a great solution. The time we've saved has been substantial. I also like the flexibility to use the API version as well.

What do you dislike?

I wish that the limitations for the free account were a little higher, as we have a number of low-use websites using the same SendGrid account and we are reaching our limit faster than I excepted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say, for low-use applications, this is a great solution for a simple SMTP server.

We use SendGrid to deliver notification emails from various systems and websites. We have saved countless hours by using SendGrid instead of setting up our own SMTP servers.

SendGrid Email API review by Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services
Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services

"SendGrid makes email and email marketing easy"

What do you like best?

Sendgrid makes it really easy to send emails from applications and track recipient interactions on the email. The API is very easy to use. It is interesting that SendGrid has been acquired by Twilio. We used both these products and absolutely love them.

The campaign management/ templating feature is nice. However, we relied more on the programmatic mail management.

What do you dislike?

The templating functionality on the web is bit limited compared to other pure email marketing solutions

Recommendations to others considering the product

If yours is an API based integration for email enabling your application then SendGrid is a no brainer. If yours is an Email marketing based scenario look at other options and see how it compares. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Sendgrid makes adding email based interactions to applications frictionless. The solution allows for advanced email analytics and email based interactions. The free tier is enough to get started.

SendGrid Email API review by Dan G.
Dan G.

"Solid email service provider"

What do you like best?

Sendgrid has a great, speedy, easy-to-use API for sending emails that's easy to integrate into any application.

What do you dislike?

Setting things up for sending a lot of email can be confusing: setting up domains, keys, IP addresses, DNS entries, etc.

SendGrid allows our company to send hundreds of thousands of notification emails to customers each month. Speed and delivery are what's important to our users: getting the e-mails immediately, and in their inbox not a spam folder. SendGrid has consistently delivered on those needs year after year, and quite affordably!

SendGrid Email API review by Khushboo V.
Khushboo V.

"Sendgrid is better for business emails not for general emails "

What do you like best?

Its a easy system and ready to start by sending an emails to all customers. Basic editing tools like email templates and other editors is good. A nice platform for business marketing and sales purpose.

What do you dislike?

Pricing plans are very expensive with SendGrid. The service is substandard, especially with regard to marketing emails. The support is even worse. They have a few nice fringe features but the core features that you need to get work done are not well developed. Click tracking is not very useful. the stats also get messy if you are not always exporting an reimporting your recipient lists.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dont use it without training of this tool. Go for the training first.

Importing feature is not easy to use, so we faced many difficulties while using alots of features.

SendGrid Email API review by Pauline S.
Pauline S.

"Easy To Use, Basic Marketing Features"

What do you like best?

It is a simple system to jump in and start sending emails. The WYSISYG is good for basic editing. High level reporting is also easy to read and access.

What do you dislike?

For marketing purposes, there are not enough capabilities or level of detail provided. For example, I can't see or search my contacts by any tag or category, only by their email, itself. Segmentation is absolutely horrible- isn't set up in an intuitive manner and doesn't work most of the time. Support I give at B. I've always been able to reach someone via their chat (great) but the person on the other end of the conversation hasn't always been so knowledgeable or timely with their response.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Until they improve and enhance their marketing suite, should be used for basic sending of Marketing emails only.

Marketing email blasts, newsletters, etc.

Learning about SendGrid Email API?

* We monitor all SendGrid Email API reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
4.0