SEO Spider

Screaming Frog SEO Spider is a website crawler tool that allows to crawl website URLs and fetch key onsite elements to analyse from an SEO perspective.

Work for SEO Spider?

Learning about SEO Spider?

SEO Spider Reviews

Showing 28 SEO Spider reviews
SEO Spider review by <span>Maria Clara D.</span>
Maria Clara D.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

This thing is fast, this thing is thorough, this thing has a million filters that let you parse your data in absolutely any way imagineable. Saves SO much time.

What do you dislike?

No much other than maybe the fact I needed to pay to get enough data to make it usable for larger sites, but for how robust the system is I'm not really complaining.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep doing what you're doing, I really can't currently imagine anything else I'd need out of the software that it doesn't provide. There's a ton of features and filters I'm yet to need to utilize but I'm happy they're there for future use.

I occasionally need to migrate (and clean up) poorly built client sites that are bloated with a lot of legacy data. Being able to scan sites, see what pages are truly interlinked, what 301s are firing correctly or any 404 codes on the fly is such a time saver.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SEO Spider
SEO Spider review by <span>Jonathan S.</span>
Jonathan S.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Working in customer support style of role, you fields a lot of issues where people have ran a test on some random tool, or have a wishy washy bit. of advice from someone who claims to be a digital marketer, and it's totally out there. Something like none of my URL are being crawled, or XYZ is saying our site has 4000 broken links. ScreamingFrog is an amazing tool that allows you to scrap a huge amount of data (even on the free version) and easily narrow in on the stuff you want and gain insights into real crawl metrics/data.

For a very powerful data fetching tool, it's incredibly intuitive to use. Not so much in the sense like Apple would do it, taking it, only showing what they think is necessary, and keeping the UX super simple and clean. Screaming frog still allows you to see and work with huge amounts of data, but it's very logical how you can control and filter it all down.

What do you dislike?

I do wish the free version had a bit higher of a limit. Working with a lot of ecom sites, who have tens of thousands of URLs, it'd be nice to get a bit bigger chunk of them crawled so you're not working with such a small sample size. It is a business model though, so I understand their reasoning.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lean into their support docs and other content they have. I often found myself trying to figure things out, and when I finally gave in and looked it up they had a doc on it that took me 30 seconds to follow. Trust they know how to best use the tool. Easier said than done.

I've found it incredibly useful for looking up internal linking issues, because on larger e-commerce sites the amount of internal linking can get out of hand, so this tool makes it easy to do a big crawl and immediately get a data informed pulse on what's going on.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Other Analytics solution do you use?

SEO Spider review by User in Information Technology and Services

Best web crawler

Validated Review
What do you like best?

There are so many things about Screaming Frog that are great. I use this every single work day. First, that paid service is super cheap and you can crawl very large sites without running out of crawl memory. You can customize your search to find specific codes, see meta date, page indexing, 404, 301, image alt text. I haven’t even tapped into it’s full potential yet but since my job is to review sites for errors, this is one of the most essential tools you can have. Absolutely recommend.

What do you dislike?

The only issue I have is that when I export details I would like a way to include in links or some of the details I see in the page info section.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the best spidering software. Even the free version is great for sites with less than 500 pages.

We’re able to find and resolve 404s. We can audit our numerous sites and find codes that could be causing issues. If we need to remove a site feature this lets us find every single page it may exist and provide reports to dev and content teams.

SEO Spider review by User in Information Technology and Services
Validated Review
What do you like best?

You don't have to worry about anything onsite as this tool does everything for you. Even the crawling is very fast. The best part is, the free version covers till 500 pages.

I once used this tool for an eCommerce project and even when the number of pages were more than 50K, this tool didn't let me down and helped me to solve bulk problems in less time.

What do you dislike?

I don't see any problem with this tool as they are updating this software frequently and as per the new Google guidelines.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is recommended for all who are looking to solve all the onsite errors on the website irrespective of the number of pages on the website.

Even when you are not sure what to check in onsite SEO, use this tool and you will know what are the important things to check onsite.

It helped me to resolve broken links, duplicate/missing tags, redirection error, server error, etc. on my website.

This product is very useful when your website is huge like eCommerce. You can get huge data in very less time which is actually impossible when done manually.

SEO Spider review by <span>Lauren S.</span>
Lauren S.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I love the grid format that data is delivered. You can select and filter based off what you're looking for and easily copy into a Google Sheet or Excel spreadsheet.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, nothing. I just wish 1 license could work for more than 1 computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great ability to quickly filter what you're looking for. Fast at crawling sites. Data is presented in a great grid format, easy for copying into Excel or Google Sheets. Find 404 pages. Find 301 pages. Sort by each. Find missing titles/descriptions, duplicate titles/descriptions, etc. Find too long titles and descriptions. Easily copy and paste URLs with their corresponding meta data, etc.

Helps immediately locate pages missing important SEO info, like titles and descriptions. Easy to find 404ing pages, 301 pages, etc. Easy to find images with missing alt tags. Easy to grab titles and descriptions for all pages and copy lined up next to each other, etc.

SEO Spider review by <span>Katie H.</span>
Katie H.

SEO Spider

Validated Review
What do you like best?

This product quickly and easily crawls websites and breaks down the content of websites. It is quick and effective and does the job. It breaks down SEO elements such as meta tags, images, H1 tags, etc. It also breaks down duplicate content or URLs.

What do you dislike?

The software is definitely geared toward developers and people who have a good understanding of CSS, HTML, JavaScript, etc. My knowledge base is limited to SEO and writing for web, so I usually have to ask a developer when I need to find something specific that doesn't fall within my pool of knowledge.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a software that crawls websites, gives you insight on content and keywords, and gives additional insight on URLs, meta tags, and descriptions, Screaming Frog SEO Spider is a great option to consider.

One of the biggest reasons I use this software is to write 301 redirects for a new website launch. I am able to find all the active URLs currently being crawled by search engines and I'm able to redirect the pages within the backend of our CMS.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

Learning about SEO Spider?

* We monitor all SEO Spider reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.