SEO Spider

Screaming Frog SEO Spider is a website crawler tool that allows to crawl website URLs and fetch key onsite elements to analyse from an SEO perspective.

Work for SEO Spider?

Learning about SEO Spider?

SEO Spider Reviews

Showing 34 SEO Spider reviews
SEO Spider review by <span>Maria Clara D.</span>
Maria Clara D.

"The best spider for all your ridiculous client site needs"

What do you like best?

This thing is fast, this thing is thorough, this thing has a million filters that let you parse your data in absolutely any way imagineable. Saves SO much time.

What do you dislike?

No much other than maybe the fact I needed to pay to get enough data to make it usable for larger sites, but for how robust the system is I'm not really complaining.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep doing what you're doing, I really can't currently imagine anything else I'd need out of the software that it doesn't provide. There's a ton of features and filters I'm yet to need to utilize but I'm happy they're there for future use.

I occasionally need to migrate (and clean up) poorly built client sites that are bloated with a lot of legacy data. Being able to scan sites, see what pages are truly interlinked, what 301s are firing correctly or any 404 codes on the fly is such a time saver.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SEO Spider
SEO Spider review by <span>Jonathan S.</span>
Jonathan S.

"Super powerful tool that will be. as valuable as you want it to be!"

What do you like best?

Working in customer support style of role, you fields a lot of issues where people have ran a test on some random tool, or have a wishy washy bit. of advice from someone who claims to be a digital marketer, and it's totally out there. Something like none of my URL are being crawled, or XYZ is saying our site has 4000 broken links. ScreamingFrog is an amazing tool that allows you to scrap a huge amount of data (even on the free version) and easily narrow in on the stuff you want and gain insights into real crawl metrics/data.

For a very powerful data fetching tool, it's incredibly intuitive to use. Not so much in the sense like Apple would do it, taking it, only showing what they think is necessary, and keeping the UX super simple and clean. Screaming frog still allows you to see and work with huge amounts of data, but it's very logical how you can control and filter it all down.

What do you dislike?

I do wish the free version had a bit higher of a limit. Working with a lot of ecom sites, who have tens of thousands of URLs, it'd be nice to get a bit bigger chunk of them crawled so you're not working with such a small sample size. It is a business model though, so I understand their reasoning.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lean into their support docs and other content they have. I often found myself trying to figure things out, and when I finally gave in and looked it up they had a doc on it that took me 30 seconds to follow. Trust they know how to best use the tool. Easier said than done.

I've found it incredibly useful for looking up internal linking issues, because on larger e-commerce sites the amount of internal linking can get out of hand, so this tool makes it easy to do a big crawl and immediately get a data informed pulse on what's going on.

What Other Analytics solution do you use?

SEO Spider review by <span>Tamara B.</span>
Tamara B.

"One of the best tools for an effective SEO"

What do you like best?

I really like how simple it is to export data: ScreamingFrog allows you to develop a SEO strategy by analyzing how the website responds to a crawler. It requires some knowledge though, as it's not one of those tools that gives you an automatic report. Well, if you want to do good SEO, a little effort is required!

What do you dislike?

I have nothing serious to complain about this software. There is a limit of 500 URLs crawling for the free version, but the price of a full license is quite low and ScreamingFrog is too valuable to do without.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ScreamingFrog is not the only tool you'll need to do SEO, but it is definitely a must-have. Despite many web based products offer a friendlier interface, this software will give you plenty of insights to work on. I guess every good SEO could recommend it.

It is very fast and it crawls several thousands URLs in minutes: you can see the main SEO parameters of a website right in the main window and, by filtering the results, you can obtain all the data you need to know the level of optimization for any given element website. For example, you can see all the parameters of every image file, obtain link metrics... and check if they are optimized or need improvement.

SEO Spider review by <span>Roman Y.</span>
Roman Y.

"Good tool for checking 404 links on websites"

What do you like best?

- You can check your site for 404 errors

- Checking site for redirect chains

- Canonical errors. You can check out where is on your website you use correct canonical tags and where not

- Insecure content. If your website is HTTPS website, but you have links to insecure content, you can find and fix this kinds of links

- Check out your GTM and GA tags, so you can be sure that you integrated them right

- Building sitemaps

What do you dislike?

- Price. It can be lower, or maybe licensing this per project

- Needs a lot of memory if you have several millions of pages on your website

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool for checking huge websites like E-commerce shops. It's very easy to find and fix 404 errors, canonical errors. Also you can create sitemaps for websites, including images sitemap, so it will be good for your SEO.

It's must have tool for SEO specialist if you have several projects, or big e-commerce websites. Also it's great tool to check out what pages are indexed and what are not, checking missing meta titles & descriptions.

SEO Spider review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Best web crawler "

What do you like best?

There are so many things about Screaming Frog that are great. I use this every single work day. First, that paid service is super cheap and you can crawl very large sites without running out of crawl memory. You can customize your search to find specific codes, see meta date, page indexing, 404, 301, image alt text. I haven’t even tapped into it’s full potential yet but since my job is to review sites for errors, this is one of the most essential tools you can have. Absolutely recommend.

What do you dislike?

The only issue I have is that when I export details I would like a way to include in links or some of the details I see in the page info section.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the best spidering software. Even the free version is great for sites with less than 500 pages.

We’re able to find and resolve 404s. We can audit our numerous sites and find codes that could be causing issues. If we need to remove a site feature this lets us find every single page it may exist and provide reports to dev and content teams.

SEO Spider review by User in Computer Software

"Perfect Tool for Website Audit - Covers Every Aspect of Technical SEO"

What do you like best?

You don't have to worry about anything onsite as this tool does everything for you. Even the crawling is very fast. The best part is, the free version covers till 500 pages.

I once used this tool for an eCommerce project and even when the number of pages were more than 50K, this tool didn't let me down and helped me to solve bulk problems in less time.

What do you dislike?

I don't see any problem with this tool as they are updating this software frequently and as per the new Google guidelines.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is recommended for all who are looking to solve all the onsite errors on the website irrespective of the number of pages on the website.

Even when you are not sure what to check in onsite SEO, use this tool and you will know what are the important things to check onsite.

It helped me to resolve broken links, duplicate/missing tags, redirection error, server error, etc. on my website.

This product is very useful when your website is huge like eCommerce. You can get huge data in very less time which is actually impossible when done manually.

Learning about SEO Spider?

* We monitor all SEO Spider reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.