Sequel Pro

SQL database management for Mac OS X.

Work for Sequel Pro?

Learning about Sequel Pro?

Sequel Pro Reviews

Showing 41 Sequel Pro reviews
Sequel Pro review by Ian G.
Ian G.

"Sequel Pro makes me feel as productive as a SQL pro"

What do you like best?

Sequel Pro allows me to edit rows of our MySQL database just by double clicking on any column. This makes small changes so much easier than having to write out a full SQL statement.

What do you dislike?

Hard to find fault in the application but if I had to pick something it would be that the interface could use some love from designers. Seems like it was entirely designed by developers so there's some awkward bits. That's not to say it's ugly, but just that there is room for improvement to the overall UI and UX.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sometimes open-source software is seen as inferior to closed-source since you don't pay for it, but Sequel Pro is proof that is not necessarily true. I've not had to contact their support, but they do seem to have the channels for that if need be. If you currently use a different DB management software and are unhappy with it, definitely give Sequel Pro a try.

I use Sequel Pro for any interaction with my local database and the full-stack devs use it for any interaction with our staging and production databases. It has allowed us to make full database exports which can then be imported to our local copies so as to keep data consistent across environments. It has the benefit that it's so easy to use even those with no SQL experience can be self-sufficient if they need updates to their DB.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Sequel Pro
Sequel Pro review by Charles A.
Charles A.

"My First Data Base Software"

What do you like best?

The thing I like the best about Sequel Pro is the advance filter option it has. This option allows someone like me to easily do a somewhat complex query with little to no knowledge of writing scripts. This feature alone has saved me hours of work.

What do you dislike?

The biggest issue I had was initially getting the software setup but this is mainly in part to my lack of knowledge. A step by step guide / walk through would have been nice. Overall though I have no real dislike of the software. It does everything I need it to do.

The biggest benefit for me, working in general tech support, has been the ability to quickly look up specific user data, make adjustments as needed, and resolve the issue quickly. This software has also helped me with problem solving ;larger issues by being able to see the data and do comparisons.

What Non-Native Database Management Systems solution do you use?

Sequel Pro review by Ravi A.
Ravi A.

"Easy of use"

What do you like best?

Smooth UI and good speed. You can search for multiple tables using the pipe filter. You can directly update the data in the table without writing the query. You can search for the data, again without writing the query. This can be done using the search tool given in the header.

What do you dislike?

Comparing it with other query tools, it does not save the query automatically for you. You have to save your queries manually and then you can open them again when you use it the next time. It is because of this reason that people tend to use MySQL workbench after using sequel pro.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your job requires searching through the database, go for it. If you need to write queries a lot, then you need to save them before quitting this tool as they won't be saved.

We access our database using this tool. We access local, dev, production database. Production and Test database are accessed using SSH. We connect to bastion servers using our ssh keys directly through this tool. Hence, we do not have to create a tunnel to connect to bastion servers for this.

Sequel Pro review by Dante B.
Dante B.

"Let your databases unveil themselves"

What do you like best?

I can pop into a new situation and see everything about a database in a few clicks. I can think clearly about where things go, so I can think about where they should've gone. If there is nothing that I need to fix, then I can understand what comes next as if I finally had that map I needed.

What do you dislike?

Not much. Just remember that 99% of the errors will be coming from the target database, not the application. This program is teaching me how to grok SQL, just by being visible and useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stop stressing! Let your databases unveil themselves so you can heal them.

I often need to find values for undocumented database variables. I don't even know which one I'll need. Now I can scan with my eyes while it searches.

Sequel Pro review by Rafael L.
Rafael L.

"MySQL from your desktop"

What do you like best?

I like it because allows me to have all the MySQL connections on my computer. I can view tables structure, do queries, check content, export data, etc... Gives me a lot of connection possibilities and it is a multitab application.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that while I'm trying to export I cannot change the path with my keyboard. I only can do it with a modal view.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think you must give a chance to SequelPro because it's free and have a lot of functionalities. It is a MySQL manager made for professionals.

SequelPro gives me the possibility of admin my MySQL databases in one place. I don't need to look for the web manager URL or the console access anymore.

Sequel Pro review by Christopher H.
Christopher H.

"The goto solution for Mac database management"

What do you like best?

Sequel Pro makes managing your databases a breeze. It's functional user interface reflects what a database should be all about... data. Editing content, adding content, creating relationships, editing tables and even editing user permissions are all handled in an easy to understand UI that any developer can understand with just a small amount of time interacting with the application.

What do you dislike?

Ever once in a while you'll get small UI bugs. These don't normally effect the use of the application and are cured by an application reload but they are definitely there. It's an extremely robust application for being free though so those minor bugs are trumped by it's extreme usefulness. Some errors while creating relationships between tables could be a little more descriptive too.

Easy database management is a key to any business' success. Far too many developers do not know now to actually run effective SQL queries and Sequel Pro solves this. This makes database management as easy as using an Excel spreadsheet.

Sequel Pro review by Nate F.
Nate F.

"Sequel Pro Makes Working with Databases Easy!"

What do you like best?

I love that you can store connections, both remote and local, for quick connection. It's basically like Transmit for your databases. The query section is intuitive and gives you type hints, and it's easy to import and export tables. Building tables is easy and a nice interface as well.

What do you dislike?

There isn't really anything I don't like about this application. It could be a little nicer looking, but no big deal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many tutorials available online that can help anyone get started. It's pretty easy to get started.

The main thing that Sequel Pro solves is getting MySQL out of the terminal, and a better view of what data and information you're working with. It's incredibly helpful to be able to breeze through data.

Sequel Pro review by Steve M.
Steve M.

"Solid MySQL client with excellent schema browsing and querying capabilities"

What do you like best?

The UI is definitely the most pleasant and well-organized of any MySQL client I've used. Every schema object is easily accessible and important supplemental information, such as table size and index cardinality is displayed alongside the usual structural details. Sequel Pro is also smart enough to refresh the schema when you change it, either through the UI or with DDL.

The data table view allows entering NULL into a field. Some other clients I've tried either don't support NULL or require annoying contortions to set a field to NULL.

Disconnections are handled mostly gracefully and mostly transparently. "Mostly" is far and away the best handling I've ever encountered, and very nice when connected to a DB over an unreliable VPN link. Sequel Pro can also set up connections over an SSH tunnel, for shops with that setup, and this has worked quite well for me in the past.

What do you dislike?

The table and column completion in the SQL editor is clunky and introduces mistakes more often than it helped me. I ended up disabling it. The SQL editor also has difficulty with complicated DDL syntax, such as stored procedures.

The data table supports only one filter condition. Supporting complex WHERE clauses with a simple UI just isn't possible, so I understand the limitation, but I like the data table and would be fine with a little more UI complexity in exchange for more power.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The price is right and there's nothing better for poking around a database to look at what's there. Use something else to run DDL scripts, though.

The schema browser showed me tables and indexes taking up much more space than I expected, which prompted some schema changes preventing a costly expansion of storage.

Sequel Pro review by Diogo R.
Diogo R.

"Best SQL application around"

What do you like best?

It is by far the most simple and intuitive application. You can manage server credentials and group them as you want (like development, staging and production). You can use colors like you do on Finder folders. You can create tables, list and search for rows and also use the console. You can save your favourite queries to call them later on.

Another very good feature is the import which allows you to convert a spreadsheet or a CSV into a table. It's not just assigning spreadsheet columns to table columns, you can ignore some, create default values and even make your own expressions out of the cell data.

Another great feature is.. it's completely free! No trials, no ads, no call home.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing much to dislike, apart from being only for MySQL (and MariaDB, an a-likes..). Also, it hasn't been updated for more than a year, but it's stable and you can do anything in the database server.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't look back. It's free, it's open source and it's fast. Give it a go before paying for other alternatives.

Database development and management.

Sequel Pro review by Caroline E.
Caroline E.

"Amazing for a free program"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use with this program. Switching from table view to foreign keys to query panes is very quick and easy. I love the dropdown for database switching and I love that I can color code these so I know when I'm in Live or Dev dbs.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the pain that it was to get it to "beautify" sql. I know this is a minor gripe but sometimes I open Navicat just to do this, especially if its generated sql I want to reformat and inspect. Also, at times if you have too much going on, Sequel Pro will crash and it DOES NOT save your queries!

I use this every day, constantly, to check on queries already running, run quick queries and create/drop tables and databases. It is my favorite gui tool for raw SQL.

Sequel Pro review by Chase W.
Chase W.

"Best MySQL app for Mac"

What do you like best?

I've been a PC guy forever. Used to working with applications like Microsoft SQL Server and HeidiSQL. Started favoring development on Mac. Needed to find a familiar feeling SQL app. After testing out all available software on Mac, Sequel Pro is hands down the prettiest, most easy-to-use and stable app for working with SQL. It is as feature rich as PC software I'm used to working with, but also carries through the aesthetic appeal typical for Mac software. I can't say the same for any of the other database management tools I tried out on Mac. Plus, it's free!

What do you dislike?

Working with multiple databases can be a little painful, trying to navigate from one to another. The app does hang from time to time on relatively simple queries.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you've recently transitioned from PC to Mac and need a database management tool that feels familiar, I highly recommend Sequel Pro.

I used to do all my database management work on my PC while doing all my development work on Mac. I like the speed and display of my Mac better than my PC, but just couldn't get comfortable with any database management tools on the Mac. Then I found Sequel Pro, and now I'm doing all of my dev work on Mac.

Sequel Pro review by User in Financial Services

"Easy and reliable database manager out of the box. "

What do you like best?

What I like the most of Sequel Pro is being able to have multiple windows open with different connections to databases, it makes it easy for me to manage multiple projects with ease.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike is the database selection tab, it might seem weird, but I was used to having my databases displayed the same way as my tables, so it was unusual for me at the beginning. Another thing I'm not a big fan of is that it remains connected until you disconnect it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For prospective users of Sequel Pro, I would definitely choose it over any other manager including phpmyadmin. It's easy to use and doesn't get lost with all the tabs you might have open in your browser. My only recommendation is to spend the first time playing around with it to understand its capabilities and functionalities.

I'm using Sequel Pro to help me with software development of multiple websites. It helps me to quickly view, edit and modify databases, its tables and values. It's quick to install and can connect to both local and server environments.

Sequel Pro review by Paritosh G.
Paritosh G.

"The best GUI client for MySQL"

What do you like best?

The capability to remember my filters I had applied on a table. You can move across different tables to view the filtered data that you want.

What do you dislike?

I wish I had the option of connecting other databases like PostgreSQL or SQLite as well. This tool is only limited for MySQL. Also, they should come up with a windows application as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Come up with a windows application

I use it in each and every project that I working on to perform any database related operation. I use it to find out meaningful information from the huge database of my company

Sequel Pro review by Jerry (Jie) J.
Jerry (Jie) J.

"Good as it's free but still a step away from being perfect"

What do you like best?

I have been using SQL for more than 10 years, including SQL Server, DB2, Teradata and MySQL. And my experience with MySQL in general are just good enough to handle basic. I started using Sequel Pro few weeks back when I joined a new company where MySQL is the main database, and SSL is required. There are not many free options as for SSL-support under Mac, and fortunately I found Sequel Pro.

I like how Sequel Pro is powerful comparing with the many other free tools, and here are what I like most:

1. Very straightforward interface, way better than many other tools. So you are even required to read the tutorial to get most functions you need.

2. Functionalities are very much enough, you can browser tables, check sample data, schema, and relations, all in one click.

3. Most of the time works perfect, and it seems to have cache ability that when you run a code again you will retrieve cache, but I have not yet confirmed.

What do you dislike?

There are still some areas that requires improvement.

1. It's not quite stable, and often you will see the app crashes. If you cancel a running query, sometimes, it takes minutes or even much longer.

2. The interface is being too simple that not everything can be found easily, i.e. run the current code (where the cursor is) vs. run the whole code in the editor. Or how to download the result (I actually didn't find how to copy the result, but have to use export to a CSV file).

3. There is query history, but seems not result history, or maybe I didn't find it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make more development and focus on details

We are using Sequel Pro daily to work on all business data, and that is the no.1 tool we use everyday. All business decisions came from the result that we run on Sequel Pro

Sequel Pro review by Todd B.
Todd B.

"The Best MySQL Management Tool for Mac Period"

What do you like best?

This tool works quickly and flawlessly. I love how you can connect to a remote database through included SSH tunnel functionality. All connection information is saved for future use with appropriate keychain integration for sensitive passwords.

How this application ended up free is honestly beyond me. I would pay good money for this program and still be just as happy.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything to dislike about this program. It's that good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to save your database connections as bookmarks as it will save you time later. Keep a query window open with several queries at a time and learn the shortcut keys for running all queries vs. running all queries.

We have hundreds of MySQL databases we deploy too and we have to get to them all the time. This tool lets us connect to these databases, run queries, and import and export data with ease.

Sequel Pro review by Joey Y.
Joey Y.

"Simple, free and supports SSH tunneling"

What do you like best?

SSH Tunneling & ease of use.

SSH Tunneling allows me to disable external access to the database and requires a connection to the database of a secure protocol.

The user interface is simple and fast, with minimal bloat.

What do you dislike?

When running large queries the application tends to hang. It would be excellent if a large query could be run in the background while other tasks are completed or at least show a progress bar instead of an indefinite spinner that gives no indication of how far along in the process it is.

Expanded database support would be great. I regularly use SQLite as well but need to use a different application to manage those databases.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simple, easy to use and free.

Since it's not stored directly on the database server(s) and allows remote access over SSH databases are more secure reducing overall risk.

Sequel Pro review by Administrator in Semiconductors
Administrator in Semiconductors

"Generally great experience, except for unexpected crashes"

What do you like best?

It's the best free database access software out there. Keyboard shortcuts are generally intuitive and easy to get used to, which makes working on it a lot faster. UI is simple and functional.

What do you dislike?

It sporadically crashes--not frequently, but often enough to be very annoying. Additionally when you close tabs/close the whole program there is no warning that your code will be lost, and it does not prompt you to save. If you accidentally close a tab you were working on you're out of luck.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is better software available IF you're willing to pay. Sequel Pro is the best for free.

My entire job relies on having fast, reliable database access. I would say Sequel Pro accomplishes that--I just wish it would auto-save my work periodically, OR warn me before I accidentally close working tabs.

Sequel Pro review by Cristiano V.
Cristiano V.

"Fast, simply and powerful MySql client for MacOSX"

What do you like best?

Sequel Pro allows you to connect to a MySql Database using any kind of connection: standard, socket or SSH both locally and remotely.

The features I like most are:

- the possibility to save favorite queries for different databases

- to execute parts of a big query simply by selecting text and run selection

What do you dislike?

Not to be able to open different tables of the same database in the same tab/connection. If you want so you have to open a new connection in a new tab.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Using this software speeds your solutions development.

I use Sequel Pro 70% of my work time. It helps me building big queries and optimizing them too. The last big project Sequel Pro helped me with was the integration of a big catalog coming from AS400 with an e-commerce website.

Sequel Pro review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Simple, Easy to use Software!"

What do you like best?

It's the best SQL client for OSX. When I was a windows user, I used to use Navicat, and after switching to OSX I could not find anything like Navicat at all. And then one day I stumbled upon Sequel Pro and it was a dream come true. It's simple, easy to use, and efficient!

What do you dislike?

I do not have any issues with Sequel Pro. But it would be great if they had a "Theme" feature to switch between light and dark.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great, and better than paid proudcts!

It solves the problem of not having to use terminal for everything. Sequel Pro provides a simple, easy to use, yet very powerful GUI for managing databases.

Sequel Pro review by Chad H.
Chad H.

"My day-to-day MySQL query and editor app"

What do you like best?

There isn't a lot of options for Mac but SequelPro is by far the best. I love having multiple tabs for different database connections. The raw SQL query tool is pretty nice with its keyword highlighting and formatting.

What do you dislike?

A few things but not horrible... It would be great if I could use the table column filter with a join to another table when searching for columns.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This free app is great and reliable. Highly recommend.

I use this daily. It basically handles any database, table edits, and individual row data edits.

Sequel Pro review by Fan D.
Fan D.

"A professional MySQL database management software for MacOSX"

What do you like best?

Good look compared with other competitive database management software.

Tab-view for navigating different database sources.

Free software.

What do you dislike?

Some buttons with icon on the bottom of software are hard understand what is used for. Please add some tooltips for those buttons, which can help user to understand what is the button for.

Only support MySQL, hope it can support other database.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best MySQL management software on MacOSX.

I am looking for a good look and reliable database management software on MacOSX. After trying several database management software, including Navicat, MyPhpAdmin, Sequel Pro is the only one suit me.

Sequel Pro review by Matthew C. N.
Matthew C. N.

"Great Lightweight FREE SQL Application"

What do you like best?

-easy to use

-saved queries

-query history

-syntax highlighting

-mutliple connections / tabs

What do you dislike?

-random infrequent crashes

Nothing else.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is not the ideal tool for a SQL administrator but for most other users, it is great! No complaints.

I use Sequel Pro to query the database and write update, delete and insert statements. The ease of use makes my job much easier. And I love the visual aspect that command line just can't beat.

Sequel Pro review by User

"Great DB tool"

What do you like best?

Being able to connect to multiple databases at once, easy interface to inspect and filter data, while also having the option to write raw SQL queries.

What do you dislike?

Modification of data usually requires two steps to save (one to bring up a giant text box, and then press enter). Initial connection configs can be confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is much more powerful than command line tools, and great that it's free too!

We often need to examine data and relations and this is so much easier than command line investigations.

Sequel Pro review by Logan B.
Logan B.

"Seems like the best database management application"

What do you like best?

I like how the user interface is pretty simple. I can easily view my connections, tables, and any other additional information fairly easy. I've also enjoyed how it lets you save queries and how it has a history of queries that have been run.

What do you dislike?

The application crashes very frequently. This gets annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It seems like the best choice for Mac osx users but be careful because it crashes frequently.

Being able to easily view our data and run queries against it.

Sequel Pro review by Benjamin L.
Benjamin L.

"I use sequel pro every day for 3 years"

What do you like best?

The interface

The possibility to connect through SSH

The simplicity

The possiblity to organize connection

What do you dislike?

We can't connect with a socket through SSH.

Sometime the app crash for no reason.

Only support MySQL

I'm developer and I develop every day.

I use sequelpro for my dev en and for all other env when I can : staging/prod.

Sequel Pro review by TJ N.
TJ N.

"Native UI for MySQL dbs more convenient than PHPMyAdmin"

What do you like best?

The bookmarks feature makes it easy to save connections to a variety of different database servers.

What do you dislike?

I frequently repeat the same tasks, including dumping an export from one database and importing it to another on a different machine. This is still a very manual process in Sequel Pro, and it would be nice to have a sync feature.

Easy access to many different database servers in one place makes devops tasks more fluid.

Sequel Pro review by User in Internet

"The ONLY database software that I use!"

What do you like best?

I like its ease of use. Importing and exporting databases are straightforward and easy. There are no frills and you can connect to your local or virtual database in a matter of seconds! It is definitely recommended for any developers out there who need to get away from accessing the database in the terminal.

What do you dislike?

It may take up a lot of memory depending on how much data you have in your database, but definitely won't be noticeable if your Macbook had at least 8GB of RAM. Definitely one of the best tools out there for accessing the database, nonetheless.

I am solving the problem of being able to access a database and view the content and structure of database tables when I am developing for a website. Benefits I have realized are that it is easy to jump from one table to another when you are viewing content. Changing, updating, and deleting content are also very straightforward, as well.

Sequel Pro review by Levan V.
Levan V.

"The best tool for macOS to work with local and remote databases"

What do you like best?

Simplicity and user experience is the best. All complex functionalities are wrapped in a usable and easy to understand UI.

What do you dislike?

The lack of visual representation of relations between the database tables.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best tool. Tried lots of other alternatives and Sequel Pro is my personal choice. Don't waste time in testing other apps.

Managing testing and production databases of our projects.

Sequel Pro review by Lacy P.
Lacy P.

"User friendly, must have for your toolbox "

What do you like best?

Easy to setup multiple profiles; quick export as sql insert; manage entire mysql --

Dbs, users, etc

What do you dislike?

Export as CSV would be handy -- but not a deal breaker

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it. You'll like it :)

Easy GUI interface for MySQL databases on multiple platforms; easy management of users and permissions.

Sequel Pro review by Tyler S.
Tyler S.

"Great MySQL IDE"

What do you like best?

That it's free and that I can do all my MySQL database needs through the software. It's quick and easy to use and doesn't take much time to learn.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything I dislike. It offers everything I need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a nice lightweight solution for MySQL Management look no further than Sequel Pro.

It allows us to login to our database server and run sql commands on our databases.

Sequel Pro review by Aryel T.
Aryel T.

"The best MySQL admin tool available for macOS"

What do you like best?

Well thought out design, ease of use and feature-packed.

What do you dislike?

Could use better navigation through keyboard, and really needs to start supporting PostgreSQL.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hands-down, the best tool for MySQL administration in macOS.

Designing and maintaining databases.

Sequel Pro review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Best MySQL editor on Mac"

What do you like best?

Easy to edit fields on the fly. The interface is excellent and works well for quick edits. It also has a pretty good SQL editor.

What do you dislike?

The exporting is finicky when it comes to double quotes. Exporting to CSV sometimes fails and works fine in PHPmyAdmin.

Since we are a Mac only house, our choices from a free software standpoint are very limited. We use this company-wide for quick edits. It just works.

Sequel Pro review by User in Higher Education

"Sequel Pro"

What do you like best?

This is one of the best database clients I have seen in recent past. It is the best tool for mac.

Sequel pro is very easy to use and its simple to learn how to use. It is so light that the results are so quick.

I like the content feature of it where it shows a glimpse of table readily.

What do you dislike?

I do not find any disadvantages using this software. It does have all the required features and I can just use sequel pro for all my database activities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for Database client for mac then this is the tool. Its free and very easy to use. Its light too!

I am using it as to connect to database for importing and exporting tables and for data manipulation

Sequel Pro review by User in Events Services
User in Events Services

"Sequel Pro is the best free SQL GUI for Mac"

What do you like best?

It's fast, reliable, and easy to use. I can quickly bookmark connections, open multiple connections in tabs, import/export with no issues.

What do you dislike?

I'm sure its missing some advanced features that paid SQL tools would have, but it does everything I need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely try Sequel Pro. It's free, so you have nothing to lose - and for me, its been a great experience.

I'm a developer using many databases at a time, and I'm able to quickly and easily query data, and modify structures. In addition the product is reliable which gives me more uptime.

Sequel Pro review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Great Tool For Working With MySQL Databases"

What do you like best?

It's a great tool for creating and working with MySQL databases, which are essential in so many situations today.

What do you dislike?

Little to dislike, it has always worked very well for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are certainly other tools out there but, for us, Sequel Pro installed easily and worked right away. It made adding databases for additional website content management systems quick and easy. It has been the perfect fit for us.

We use it to create, secure, admin and edit MySQL databases for websites and content management systems, our own internal CRM, etc.

Sequel Pro review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"Simple Yet Powerful"

What do you like best?

I find the user interface to be much more intuitive than MySQL Workbench and other MySQL GUIs I've worked with.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if placeholders were detected and could be set.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's a hidden gem to be found in the "Query Favorites"

I usually write and test queries with Sequel Pro before committing them to code.

Sequel Pro review by Seth B.
Seth B.

"Still the most reliable SQL GUI out there"

What do you like best?

Established, stable GUI for interacting/analyzing a MySQL database. Very handy for quick, simple queries, but has some advanced capabilities when you need them as well. Its EXPLAIN tools are particularly helpful.

What do you dislike?

I have long wished they would support PostgreSQL.

Sequel Pro makes it easy for business users to get at basic data and interact with it in a familiar fashion. It's also a useful tool in the software developer's toolkit, though at a certain point, database GUIs become more trouble than they're worth.

Sequel Pro review by User in Internet

"Simpliest!"

What do you like best?

I was looking for some free SQL client for mac and then found Sequel Pro! I am very happy with my decision. It is may not be the best client for databases but it is very simple, fast, easy to use and with all minimum features required. And best MySQL client for mac. It also has new features like SSH tunneling to connect to secure databases.

What do you dislike?

UI is little difficult to use than other tools I used so far. Other than that it has almost all the features needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I use it for queries, database modules development for data analytics, BI purposes.

Sequel Pro review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"A fully feature git client, that's easy to use"

What do you like best?

It covers most git features in an easy to use manner.

What do you dislike?

It can be slow at times, and sometimes freezes if it has to do large tasks.

I was using this as a user interface for interacting with my git source code source code repositories, as it made the task easier than using the git CLI.

Sequel Pro review by Administrator in Automotive
Administrator in Automotive

"So simple, so easy"

What do you like best?

Simplicity, elegance, comprehensive features

What do you dislike?

Limited spacing customization for data (add padding, margins for rows/columns)

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's an elegant, yet simple solution that provides everything you will need for database management and monitoring

We use it for all of our web site monitoring/testing/live editing

Sequel Pro review by Yu Chen H.
Yu Chen H.

"Best SQL Viewer"

What do you like best?

Looks great on Mac (looks better than PhpMyAdmin), very usable

What do you dislike?

So far so good, I wish it supported other databases though.

Database management and debugging webapps

Learning about Sequel Pro?

* We monitor all Sequel Pro reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.