Servant Keeper

Servant Keeper is a church management software that offers solutions in donor management, fundraising and direct mail

Work for Servant Keeper?

Learning about Servant Keeper?

Servant Keeper Reviews

Showing 12 Servant Keeper reviews
Servant Keeper review by <span>Clint A.</span>
Clint A.

Great Detailed Product, Not Simple to Use or always Reliable

What do you like best?

We currently use the cloud-based database, which allows us to work from anywhere. We really like the ability to make notes on families or individuals, and use this feature frequently to write a note for specific contacts - including notes that will only be seen by the person making the note or their designated people - this is great for counseling, important events, and the like.

What do you dislike?

Some aspects of the software are quite 'clunky' to navigate and at times the software seems to lose details - an essential feature of the product! For example, we may enter our attendance, but then not find a family in the 'attended' column. In the past, we have had a week worth of giving simply disappear - causing issues with our end-of-year giving statements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is more difficult; but be prepared. Purchase the tech support as this company charges extra for that service. Always get the cloud solution!

We use SK to help us track our membership from first-time guests to long-time members. We track attendance, important events (like a serious accident or death of a loved one), giving, and talents in our software. This saves us time and effort and allows us to have a comprehensive plan for keeping up with our congregation. Overall, there are many great features and when we recently began looking at switching to another provider, we felt that sticking with Servant Keeper was the best option.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Servant Keeper
Servant Keeper review by <span>Marcus M.</span>
Marcus M.

Quality Church Management from Small to Large

What do you like best?

The program is easy to use. It allows the user to input as much or as little information for each member entry. The program can be installed and then moved to network storage and operated from there. All of the files necessary to run are in the main folder. Because of that, it can be moved anywhere, once it is installed into its folder.

What do you dislike?

Multiple .exe files for different features. One for membership, one for contributions, one for users. Should be one program file.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give a look. Compare apples to apples with other packages. Even if it is good, compare upgrade costs over the long term.

Problems solved are membership and contribution management.

What Church Management solution do you use?

Servant Keeper review by <span>Rosa Y.</span>
Rosa Y.

Serving with Servant Keeper

What do you like best?

I have been using Servant Keeper for over 10 years now. I like it that it keeps all my information up to date. It is easy to use. I use the desktop software. It is easy to transfer files using CSV spreadsheets. I can send statements by mail or email. I updates regularly without any problems. I also like that I don't have to pay a monthly fee for using it.

What do you dislike?

What I don't like about this software is that it is only on my desktop. Sometimes when it updates, some things don't update. For example, when I go to print a document, I have to go to Program Files to fix the problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest that if the congregation is small, get the desktop. I am the only one that work with it. If there are more people involved, then the online version might work better.

I for example have online information that I need to input in Servant Keeper and I can't because it is not the same software. I created a CSV spreadsheet. I transfer the online data to this spreadsheet and then I import the information. The benefit of creating this spreadsheet is that I don't have to own the Servant Keeper online to do this. Simple.

Servant Keeper review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

Just like any other church database

What do you like best?

There was not much I enjoyed about Servant Keeper. However, compared to other church database software, it seemed to be the most user friendly in looking up general contact information. It’s fairly easy to do a quick lookup. Login is also fairly simple.

What do you dislike?

There is a lot I didn’t enjoy. First, it is not user friendly MAC systems. It is not easy to create and generate new reports. Mail merges were also difficult unless you were very familiar with the process. It was quite glitchy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It’s exstensive in it’s offerings, but there are much more user friendly programs that have what you need.

Mail merges, database record keeping, reports, etc. Not many benefits - it’s outdated in comparison to simple, easy I like programs like Planning Center.

Servant Keeper review by User in Religious Institutions
User in Religious Institutions

Servant Keeper

What do you like best?

It has a lot of features. Various jobs we would have needed to do separately before can all be done in one program now.

What do you dislike?

The cloud hosting can be slow and if itnloses connection to the server, you may have to close out and reopen the program. Information on how to use different features and functions can be a bit tough to find.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The instruction books are very helpful for figuring out the ropes.

It allows us to manage contributions, track attendance, and check in children. We can also manage birthdays and anniversaries.

Servant Keeper review by <span>Jonella B.</span>
Jonella B.

Great user interface

What do you like best?

Simple sign in, tracks church members and keeps easy record to giving

What do you dislike?

I can’t always pull the types of reports needed for members

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool for keeping church records.

Keeping records of our entire congregation, both members and visitors, contact information and giving records.

Learning about Servant Keeper?

* We monitor all Servant Keeper reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.