Service Portal Designer

Service Portal Designer provides a modular user interface framework for quick and easy building of application portals and dashboards for the ServiceNow Platform.

Work for Service Portal Designer?

Learning about Service Portal Designer?

Service Portal Designer Reviews

Showing 12 Service Portal Designer reviews
Service Portal Designer review by <span>Nishant S.</span>
Nishant S.

"Good for process improvement but poor for support"

What do you like best?

- Easily customizable forms and tables and easy to create field dependencies.

- Great user interface which allows agents to customized lists, favorites, bookmarks, and their dashboard.

- Great filtering options for list views and record views

What do you dislike?

- Reporting - ServiceNow has definitely come a long way with their reporting features, however, we had to outsource to a third-party entity to create more robust dashboards and reports

- Permissions - User permissions are actually fairly good, but not as easy or intuitive as other systems we have used. The crossover of permissions from the knowledge module and the rest of the platform is subpar.

- Limited CRM features - Although ServiceNow has recently rolled out a lot more CRM options within the past 2 years, it pales in comparison with the more established ones out there, leaving room for error and a gap between managing internal processes and customer-facing processes.

Using ServiceNow brought us the ability to implement ITIL processes and concepts into play, which really helped us analyze how we were doing business and how to efficiently manage all of the IT aspects of our company. This led to efficiencies across multiple organizations, therefore allowing us to restructure and align our business org.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Service Portal Designer
Service Portal Designer review by <span>Stanley M.</span>
Stanley M.

"Multiple years with creating Portals in ServiceNow"

What do you like best?

I like the numerous widgets available to build the portal screens. The widgets can be customized or I can create my own.

What do you dislike?

I have had to band-aid a couple of the OOTB widgets just to make them work correctly and have provided this information to the ServiceNow Community.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Having a good knowledge of JavaScripting is very helpful in order to modify or create custom widgets. Knowledge of Twitter Bootstrap is also very helpful.

When creating scoped applications for different organizations, being able to also create a portal for those scoped apps allows us to customize for individual Business Units.

What Portals solution do you use?

Service Portal Designer review by <span>Richard M.</span>
Richard M.

"Excellent platform for managing large work teams, I recommend it to the entire community."

What do you like best?

What I like most are the drag and drop functions that speed up the development and customization of the platform.

I like the multiple themes that are included in the application.

What do you dislike?

What I do not like very much is that it does not offer a full version for Hispanic users with ample documentation as well as the English version.

The costs of the platform vary significantly if you want to use all the premium features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Widely recommended, it is a professional application and the technical support is very efficient. great!

I use it for clients that require a user experience platform that is quite warm and easy to develop, you do not need a lot of time to create it because of its drag and drop functionality.

Service Portal Designer review by <span>Isis M.</span>
Isis M.

"Good Centralized ticketing system"

What do you like best?

I like that there is a variety of department request that are directed to the same place, no signature required for approvals therefore approvals are faster, also no paper required which saves trees

What do you dislike?

I get too many emails when I make a request, I would like to receive only 2, the one that gives me the ticket number and the one that says it's completed. If I am interested in seeing the update on it, I can just click on the ticket and view it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

reduced the cost of paper and time

resolving cable billing system's syncing errors, creating and changing distribution lists, request access to building entrance

Service Portal Designer review by <span>Susie K.</span>
Susie K.

"Very useful for tech support"

What do you like best?

Has features like chat to be able to connect instantly to tech support. Also useful because it's kind of a one-space-for-everything site.

What do you dislike?

The search feature is kind of bad... Sometimes I know what I'm looking for and put it into search but it doesn't come up as one of the results so I'm not sure what that search is actually searching.

Let's me put in tickets to tech support with levels of escalation on their end. Also lets me chat with tech support. Benefits are that it's easy to use for a tech noob like me.

Service Portal Designer review by User

"Revamped interface making it easier to implement and use."

What do you like best?

I have used in the past many other software in this category but from all, this is the one that is not like huge on resources and never being enough, not responsive and difficult to understand.

What do you dislike?

It is easy to implement it for a basic use but while implementation with other third party comes in place, you still need help on.

We are using it for incidents and problems tracking. We might go further with the asset management.

Service Portal Designer review by User in Restaurants
User in Restaurants

"Amazing designer to build service now portals which can be accessed from anywhere"

What do you like best?

I love the reusable components and the templates. They save a ton of time, when compared to the custom widgets we used to code for every small use. I also love the community and the help documents, they are very precise.

What do you dislike?

Service now integration with azure is not very straightforward. It took me a while to figure it out.

We built our customized service now portal, using the service portal designer.

Service Portal Designer review by <span>Sean R.</span>
Sean R.

"Intuitive and Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Allows for easy managment of IT issues and users

What do you dislike?

Our parent company is taking a long time to implement the service desk for newly acquired employees.

I like how easy it is to customize the portal for both desktop and mobile applications.

Service Portal Designer review by User in Computer Software

"Great tool for request/incident management"

What do you like best?

simple to use, easy to integrate with tools

What do you dislike?

hard to search for records.. dashboard not great

Incident management, access and provisional request management

Service Portal Designer review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"ServiceNow"

What do you like best?

Meets everything I need. Anytime I have a tech issue, my company uses this service portal to keep me up-to-date with the status of my ticket.

What do you dislike?

I have no issues with the program. It would be nice to have updates sent to my email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

n/a

Service requests information technology.

Service Portal Designer review by Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services
Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services

"Excellent Portal experience"

What do you like best?

Drag and drop, ease of testing, the look and automatic domain separation.

What do you dislike?

Not all objects are exposed and it's difficult to limit changes by domain.

We needed to expose online ticketing and status updated plus reporting to customers. Customers love having access to their data.

Service Portal Designer review by Administrator in Telecommunications
Administrator in Telecommunications

"Easy"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. User friendly interface.

What do you dislike?

I highly dislike the new update. More work.

Troubleshooting

Learning about Service Portal Designer?

* We monitor all Service Portal Designer reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.