ServiceChannel

ServiceChannel

ServiceChannel Service Automation combines a web- and mobile-based work order management platform with integrated analytics

Work for ServiceChannel?

Learning about ServiceChannel?

ServiceChannel Reviews

Ask ServiceChannel a Question
Showing 48 ServiceChannel reviews
ServiceChannel review by <span>Jeremy R.</span>
Jeremy R.

IF YOU CARE ABOUT YOUR VENDORS DON'T USE THIS PROGRAM.

What do you like best?

All the functions that this program has is great, but it is only as good as the information that is entered. If you are looking for good feedback from technicians or your vendors then I would NEVER recommend this program.

What do you dislike?

Where do I start.......tech support is the worst I've ever dealt with. It is an American "based" company with overseas outsourced tech support . You might want to educate your support staff on weather patterns to the customers that they are speaking with. The software from a tech perspective, remember those are the ones that will be uploading the majority of your information, is cumbersome to be civilized. Invoicing is a NIGHTMARE! We have had "jobs" created for us to do in this system only to have them combined, by our customers request, only to have ServiceChannel request the project invoices. The customer closes the request, we the vendor apply notes to the work order generated and yet 3 months in a row I get requests to apply invoices to the work order.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT. We are a vendor and utilize so many other programs. PICK ANY ONE BUT THIS ONE. I had asked to months from ServiceChannel to send me a link to supply feedback to them. The statement I would get, "was at the end of a closed service tech request a survey option is provided". We have had many closed service tech requests and not once was there a survey option sent. I have had to search out to find this one to hopefully others not utilize this system.

The end user is able to see the status of the projects/work orders along the entire process. If you like simplicity along the rest of the process (remembering the data is only as good as it is entered and if your vendor finds the system cumbersome you will not be receiving the best data), this is diffidently not the program to use. We are a National company and there is not one branch office that wishes to continue to accept customers that utilize ServiceChannel. There are a number of branches that currently turn away GOOD business because the amount of time this "program" takes to get paid. Oh and don't start me on the fact that the vendors are charged a fee for to bill our client. Who do you think picks up that added cost?

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ServiceChannel
ServiceChannel review by User in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
User in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

ServiceChannel blows

What do you like best?

ServiceChannel customers are desperate because most vendors treat them like lepers. We can charge 2x our normal rates and they don't bat an eye.

What do you dislike?

No one will deal with ServiceChannel and my employees threatened to quit if I stick them with it. So I'm stuck doing this on my Saturdays. I called in for tech support and she hangs up on me after insinuating that I'm upset. I may dislike bad software but my disgust had no emotion attached, I assure you (at least, it didn't until she disconnected the call). So add bad tech support to the list of things I hate about ServiceChannel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get ready to spend a ton more to your vendors because vendors don't tolerate this garbage without a fee...

ServiceChannel allows us to do business with those who call us desperately seeking support because all of their prior vendors won't tolerate ServiceChannel.

What Facility Management solution do you use?

ServiceChannel review by <span>Jason G.</span>
Jason G.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Good, however requires more development for UK market.

What do you like best?

Very efficient multisite job/vendor management. Fantastic reporting capabilities. Does the basics well.

What do you dislike?

American built system. As a UK/EU user found challenges with different time zones (however now largely resolved), currency conversion on reports and language barriers with non english speaking users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The product works and will help to manage workload and vendors in a fast pace commercial environment. It is relatively easy to use but requires man power to maximise it's full potential. Service Channel are still developing as a UK competitor but they are taking the right steps and heading in the right direction to gain eventual market share, and I do believe their UK client base is growing. The winning factor for this product are its reporting capabilities and the system flexibility. These features allow you to customise the product to best suit your needs.

Helps largely with RFP and work order management when working with a big supply chain. Another benefit is centralised data source which in turns helps with reporting.

ServiceChannel review by <span>Holland H.</span>
Holland H.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Streamlined and efficient for day to day use.

What do you like best?

Everything for my basic use it readily available and visible up front. I enjoy my interaction with account reps, and even though I resolve most issues or questions on my own, they are always very helpful and available to answer questions. Way to go Jordan Lewis and Paul Lehman.

What do you dislike?

I feel there could be room for improvement on the communication side. There's no big picture perspective given to downtime and service interruptions that may help reduce frustration at times. It would also be great to have a page that would allow for you to quickly glance and status of work orders. Maybe things like WOs closed in the last 5 days. WOs scheduled for today. Open/In Progress with no activity for X days.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ServiceChannel will cover all your basic needs, however you'll get as much out of it as you put into it. I'd like to say information will just pop out at you for all the answers, but you'll need to know the questions you need answers to first. A little thought or planning as you implement will go a long way.

Communication with Vendors/Tillys. The platform is mostly used to keep track of communication records for the sake of resolving issues. I've also been able to do cost analysis and produce quantified reports to validate or adjust perception of issues that may need to be addressed on a large scale.

ServiceChannel review by <span>Sabrina L.</span>
Sabrina L.

A current Facilities Specialist using Service Channel

What do you like best?

Service Channel provides a way for all parties included to know exactly what is going on. Everything lives in that one work order from notes to pictures and attachments. This has helped us put together the whole story from start to finish.

What do you dislike?

Some of the user settings. I feel you should be able to pick from a list and they not be set already

Recommendations to others considering the product

ServiceChannel has the right vision for now and in the future. This interface is very user friendly. I am so excited about the changes that they have made and are striving to make.

We have added all of our Preventative Maintenance into Service Channel. This allows us to see if the work is being completed and if its being done in a timely manner. This also allows us to report on it from a financial standpoint.

ServiceChannel review by <span>Jon N.</span>
Jon N.

I have used Service Channel extensively over the past 4 years

What do you like best?

Overall it is easy to use for first time users if set up right. The PM part, Proposal approval and invoice section work well with no problems. The system is hardly ever down which makes the system very reliable. The support team are are well trained and are quick to help

What do you dislike?

When you edit a work order, or look up an invoice, or any other enquiry the form is so long with huge spaces and so you have to scroll up and down the screen looking for the parts to fill out. These form have been designed by someone who has never used the system, it is designed how they want it with no regard to the end user. Put id on one page and compact it--Just ridiculous.

If you get a call from Service Channel it is from India and it is sometime difficult to understand the accents.

If you submit and email for a request it can take a day before you get the final response, also to many confirmation emails.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk to others using the system to make sure it fits your requirements

Repair and Maintenance requests are being processes very efficiently with great tracking.

165 locations can be overseen by one person, without service Channel this would be 2 to 3 person job.

Learn more about ServiceChannel

ServiceChannel Videos

Learning about ServiceChannel?

* We monitor all ServiceChannel reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.