What do you like best?
* It was relatively easy to add the Shareaholic module to my Drupal 7 website. It does, however, take some added server configuration which my (shared) hosting company were happy to carry out.
* I like how it displays the social share buttons depending on which theme block you want to use it in.
* I also like the sliding share buttons I have implemented on the left of the page.
What do you dislike?
* I really do not like the related content links to other websites.
* Most often they are completely irrelevant and somewhat bring the overall 'ambience' of the site down.
* I do not like seeing them on other sites either, they are distracting, of low quality (mostly) and unnecessary. I do however realise they are a revenue attracting tool but even that doesn't change my mind.
Recommendations to others considering the product
Watch for the related and promoted content settings and the advertisements that are shared as part of the experience.
I find that they are often of low quality and I don't use that function for that reason. If they were more tastefully screened I would be happy to implement it.
What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
* I needed dynamic share buttons facilities and Shareaholic does not let you down in that department.
* They work very well with my chosen responsive theme across all devices.
* You can place them where you want them to be in relation to your content types in Drupal 7.
* At this stage, there is no Drupal 8 version available which is something I hope they implement very soon as I am also developing a D8 website.