G2 Crowd Acquires Siftery to Create a New Way to Buy and Manage Software Spend 馃殌

Sharefile

4.0

Sharefile allows you to create a custom-branded file storage & sharing solution, password-protected space where you can exchange business files with clients easily and securely.

Work for Sharefile?

Learning about Sharefile?

Sharefile Reviews

Ask Sharefile a Question
Showing 658 Sharefile reviews
Sharefile review by David N.
David N.
View Original

"Great Product!"

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Sharefile
Sharefile review by Barry B.
Barry B.

"Good solution, terrible support"

What do you like best?

Overall, I like Sharefile. As a file storage solution it works fairly well. I like the web interface as well and the ability to store unlimited backup copies and previous versions is a big plus.

What do you dislike?

The transition from Sharefile Drivemapper to Citrix Files was less than smooth. Citrix Files has a tendency to disconnect or log out the users and require logging back in. The customer service is abysmal. I emailed for support and never heard back. Phone support is often less that helpful and googling issues seems to be the best method of finding solutions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know what you are doing before making the change. Customer service is currently not great and getting help may be difficult.

It is an excellent file storage solution and when it stays connected and syncing correctly, clients of any size will have a decent alternative to using a Windows or Linux based file server.

What Business Content Management solution do you use?

Sharefile review by Amber S.
Amber S.

"A Great Service for Secure Documents"

What do you like best?

I like how easy this is to use! We have an area on our site for members to upload secure documents to us and it takes little to no explanation for us to teach them how to upload. It's nice not having to explain a different software to them. I also love that I can generate a link that expires. I use this a lot if I need to send credit card information via email.

What do you dislike?

There's not much that I dislike. It can kind of be a process to get everything uploaded sometimes but that's really not ShareFiles fault. Be default it just requires more work to do this than send a regular email but when you have a secure document, it only makes sense there would be an extra step to send it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

do it! it seems like it's software that not many people think about but there is definitely a need especially if you have anything with payments sent via email.

Sending secure documents back and forth and knowing that they will live in email forever. Should our email ever be compromised, people would then have access to all of that information. Now, we don't have to worry because all of the secure files are uploaded via a link that expires.

Sharefile review by Nadine B.
Nadine B.

"Secure and Efficient"

What do you like best?

The ability to send and receive very personal information (tax documents) via encrypted files is a necessity. Share File makes this an easy task to do. I can attach and email files that are secure and I can receive files uploaded by clients knowing the information contained within is secure. Files can be created to share within the office as well. Creating folders and sub-folders is easy. Knowing your files and your clients files are secure is priceless.

What do you dislike?

In order to receive files from clients I send to them an upload link. The link expires after so many days and clients must ask me to send them a new link. This is quite an inconvenience for both parties.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an easy effortless way to keep files to share within your company and with clients. In addition to receiving secure files, clients can upload files to you. All it takes is sending them an upload link via email. Simple!

Tax document files contain very personal data. Being able to have these files safe from ending up in the wrong hands is a necessity. Share File saves clients from having to hand-deliver or have files mailed or sent by courier.

Sharefile review by Jennifer C.
Jennifer C.

"no service after the sale"

What do you like best?

Nothing! to this point I haven't been able to get it set up at my office and when I reach out for assistance they refer me to videos on their website.

What do you dislike?

Lack of customer service and assistance in set up.

This is our 2nd time using ShareFile, the first time we paid for 6 months and were never able to implement the service. the 2nd time they told me they received a lot of feedback similar to mine and had made changes to fix that, so they now have services available to help set up etc. This was completely twisted because the services that they implemented are just videos you watch to figure it out yourself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Rethink this if you don't have an IT Department to set it up for you. We are a small business and I wear many hats, I spent over an hour trying to figure out what I needed to do first to get this up and running. I finally called for assistance and was redirected to the website to watch videos. This is my 2nd time with them. I had the exact same issues before and they sold me on this telling me that they had received a lot of feedback based on my previous experience and others, and had made changes but it looks like they haven't made any of the necessary changes.

We looked at sharefile for a virtual access to files on our server, and as a cloud based backup.

Sharefile review by Katie R.
Katie R.

"Great for all sizes of business!"

What do you like best?

I love that I was able to find an affordable plan to securely share documents with my clients. The personal plan at $20/month had everything I needed as a brand new business owner with just a few clients. As I grow, I can't wait to be able to upgrade to afford some of the other great features I'm not using yet.

What do you dislike?

I can't really think of anything I dislike. After I signed up for the free trial, I felt pushed into a business plan, but I stuck to my guns and asked for the $20/month personal plan. It's working well for me as a relatively new business owner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend seeking out the personal plan if you're just getting started. The price point is perfect and I've fallen in love with Sharefile. I recommend it to everyone and I can't wait until I can afford a higher plan to take advantage of all the other cool features.

I am able to securely share my documents with my clients. Even my technology-inept clients find the app super-easy to use to be able to snap pictures and they are uploaded straight to sharefile. Using sharefile has allowed me to be completely virtual and paperless!

Sharefile review by Angelica F.
Angelica F.

"Citrix Share File "

What do you like best?

I like the amount of storage available for work files. This helps me to save and store things fro previous years that I can reuse.

What do you dislike?

I disliked the fact that I can only use this for work. The ease of access is great for persona use as well. Sometimes it is also hard to upload larger files because of the presentations that are being shared through this system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it to store large files that are hard to store on storage devices. These files can be easily shared to co workers. This makes collaboration easier and more convenient throughout the various departments in my educational facility. I am also able to store things from previous ears to have on hand for the current year. This helps me remain prepared for the upcoming years and able to assist teachers that have my students for the current school year. Data can be utilized and kept on hand for many board meetings and IEP meetings that occur early in the school year.

We have solved the problem of collaboration issues across content areas by allowing everyone to collaborate on a shared file.

Sharefile review by Kara S.
Kara S.

"Functional but not outstanding"

What do you like best?

my two favorite features are the desktop plug in and the ability for sharefile to save versions of the same file name in a history log. this makes it easy to return to previous versions if you had accidentally overwritten a file without saving under a new name

What do you dislike?

arduous to add new users to a file. many times the online system does not keep your contacts saved. the upload/request files links are clunky and not intuitive

Recommendations to others considering the product

absolutely install the desktop plug in! it is so extremely helpful in securing files and not having to upload to the web browser.

sharing files between clients, securely sending files, requesting files, storing files between team members on a shared location, keeping files stored on multiple devices. increases efficiency and transparency between team members

Sharefile review by Michael C.
Michael C.

"Great file storage and management that has grown along with our organization"

What do you like best?

One of our most-used features of ShareFile is setting up our clients with individual folders to allow them to upload and store their advertising creative. This is similar to FTP, but ShareFile allows us to receive notifications based on upload, download, etc on a per-folder and per-user basis. We also set it up to notify the client when their ad is downloaded by a member of our team, thereby completely automating the ad delivery process for our publication. The other great feature of ShareFile that we use is desktop app synchronization. This allows ads to be curated by our ad manager and delivered to our production team automatically.

What do you dislike?

The web interface can be a bit hit or miss at times, and performance can also vary. The desktop sync apps also are a bit sluggish and would benefit from an improvement in responsiveness.

Since jumping on board with ShareFile in 2012, the platform has grown along with our organization and has allowed us to reliably request, store and manage client advertising materials for our publication. It has also helped automate our internal and external communication processes regarding advertising material.

Sharefile review by Jason B.
Jason B.

"Easy to share files instantly"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to share files around the office or on the go. When I need to show my partner something, I don't want to have to wait to transfer it to a flash drive then give that to him. I'd rather just share it through this software because it's way quicker and easier to use

What do you dislike?

Nothing at all, I can' think of anything that I don't specifically like about it because it's so great and easy to use

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this to others who need a quicker solution to sending files around to coworkers or other people halfway across the world even. It's quick and simple to use and allows you to send anything at the click of a button which makes it a 5/5 for me

I've realized how much easier it is to solve the rather simple task of sharing files with my co workers. All I need to do is put it on sharefile and then they can view the file almost instantly

Sharefile review by Dasha B.
Dasha B.

"Quick and Easy file storage and sharing"

What do you like best?

My absolute favorite part of the Sharefile experience is how quick and easy it is to use. It's also pretty intuitive, so even a person not familiar with it can quickly figure out how to do everything they need to do.

What do you dislike?

The last update featured a couple of changes that added more steps for us to share files, but I had discussed these with their development team and they gave me assistance on how to work around it. So there really aren't any things that I dislike.

Before, we had a server dedicated entirely to storing files. Each time we needed to send large files to the client, we needed to remotely log into the FTP server, set up a username and password for each folder, then log it in an excel spreadsheet. With sharefile, the entire process has been sped up from about 10 minutes down to about 30 seconds. Our company sends a lot of large files, so it was something we dealt with on a daily basis. Additionally, there are no more issues with space, because we are not hosting all the files we are sending ourselves.

Sharefile review by Jill R.
Jill R.

"Good, but limited"

What do you like best?

Ease of sending large files and files securely through links. We can save documents we regularly use and save the links to the docs or folders and keep them in email templates. E.g. hiring packets, patient intake paperwork, etc. Our front desk loves this feature and they don't have to worry about forgetting to attach all the paperwork. We no longer have to worry about how large the files are as well.

What do you dislike?

Limited features, unable to send messages without attaching a file, less integrated than expected. It would be nice to be able to edit documents within the system and not have to download and re-upload from the desktop app. When someone opens the download link it would be better if they had a landing page that told them what they are downloading, and the size. Right now it just goes directly into downloading it to their downloads folder. We had issues with the RightSign portion not being HIPAA compliant at first and our account was set up under the wrong account type with features that made our account not HIPAA compliant. They have since resolved it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure it will really do what you need and verify that, our sales team overstated the capabilities, and the initial HIPAA compliance when we signed up.

Hipaa secure emailing of forms, sending and storing of large files.

Sharefile review by Keith and Shannon F.
Keith and Shannon F.

"Been with them for years and recent changes even better for us!"

What do you like best?

Unlimited Clients to share with! Other providers require clients to be users and charge PER HEAD making it cost prohibitive. Tracking of who downloads what and limiting # of times to access. Super easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Could use improvement on entire folder tree being visible. Seems an easy fix so I'm thinking this feature is coming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you check out the new plans that recently changed. My only gripe with the customer service is that my needs actually warranted a DOWN GRADE and DECREASE in pricing with their new plans. I discovered this on my own and practically by accident after I researched alternatives and went pretty far with one and discovered they were NOT what I needed. I downgraded just before my "recommended package" pricing kicked in which was a 50% increase. Would have been nice to have a customer service rep look into us and make the appropriate recommendation. They almost lost us!

Keeping proprietary information only in the hands of those who pay for it.

Sharefile review by Yuri K.
Yuri K.

"Efficient and secure,"

What do you like best?

I like that whenever I share a link to a file using Sharefile with a colleague,the link doesn鈥檛 expire until after a thirty day period,during which the party I shared the link with can still access the shared link to download content or track the file.

I find Sharefile easy to use and very much fast for sharing files than any other means.Also,Sharefile creates a sort of library which contains a list of files I have recently sent,thus making it easy to reaccess and send these files,if I need to. More importantly ,files we share on Sharefile are encrypted and this is very important to prevent unauthorized access to sensitive files passed from person to person,within my organization.

What do you dislike?

Unavailability of a url shortened for shortening links to shared files.

I rely on Sharefile to send large file types which cannot usually be attached to email.It is very easy to use,even for staffs with little technical knowledge and this saves my organization financial cost,which is usually spent on training staffs to learn to use new software ; in the case of Sharefile,there has really been no need for staffs to undergo any formal training.

Sharefile review by Anthony S.
Anthony S.

"Versatile and secure...but watch your upload speed!"

What do you like best?

Being able to create a link or sending a message directly with the file attached is very useful. You can email a link to the uploaded files directly to the recipient which means you don't need to copy and paste links if you don't want to. It's convenient that Sharefile keeps "recent" files on your Sharefile dashboard so you can quickly share the same file with multiple users. Multifactor authentication means this is also a secure platform for sharing.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an option for a URL shortener! The links are quite long and cumbersome. I also would like it if the "recent files" list was longer as sometimes I'll want to share a file again that I recently uploaded to Sharefile but it's already gone from my "recent" list.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pricing and that Sharefile works best when it is integrated with your single sign on service.

Email attachment limits are low and they're also "one off". A Sharefile link remains active for upwards of 30 days meaning if the recipient misses the initial message, or loses track of the file, they can revisit the original URL and re-download the contents.

Sharefile review by Luis C.
Luis C.

"Citrix ShareFile y Workflow"

What do you like best?

La posibilidad de adem谩s de almacenar archivos para uso personal y/o de colegas, crear flujos de trabajo simplemente y con gran potencia de uso. Es la parte que m谩s me gust贸, los flujos de trabajo.

What do you dislike?

Podr铆a tener una versi贸n gratuita con uso reducido del espacio de almacenamiento y cantidad de flujos de trabajo para que pueda ganar m谩s adeptos como Google Drive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Es muy f谩cil de configurar y usar, aunque la secci贸n de Crear Workflows me apareci贸 en ingl茅s no presenta dificultar para usarse aunque no se conozca el idioma anglosaj贸n.

Es muy f谩cil colocar anotaciones en los archivos subidos a los Workflows, as铆 como crear recordatorios (reminders) enviar mensajes con copia, y m谩s.

Uso compartido de informaci贸n y opiniones en consultor铆a

Sharefile review by Vera V.
Vera V.

"Safe, Secure & Fast"

What do you like best?

My favorite is the detailed reporting, being able to see not only login times and user ids of who is accessing files, but even the IP address they're accessing them from. It gives me piece of mind.

What do you dislike?

My biggest frustration with the product isn't one they can control. We use a virtual office version of Microsoft Outlook, which is maintained by our vendor, Thomson Reuters. So we can't use the Sharefile plugin for Outlook, which if we could, would make the process of securely sending files to clients so much easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're starting a new business, set up and use Sharefile from the very start. We had to manually add each of our clients, because the bulk import feature wouldn't allow us to set a custom file structure template to it. It was well worth it in the end, but it took a few weeks to get everyone set up.

Being able to confidently and securely send large files and secure documents. A few years ago I was pretty new to business IT needs, and I didn't realize how insecure even password protected .pdf files could be. Sharefile gives me that security.

Sharefile review by Paul M.
Paul M.

"Great File Sharing Utility"

What do you like best?

I like how you have a LARGE cloud based storage for our business. We put up anything that we need to share across our company in ShareFile. As long as we have internet access, we have access to our data.

What do you dislike?

Depending on the ShareFile source you're using, it can be combersome to use. If you're using the web interface, it's alot of clicks. They have plugins that you can download that are supposed to make things simple, one of them fills your hard drive, and the other one is slow. I prefer the web interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I didn't have a hand in the choosing or implementing ShareFile so I don't know how hard it is to implement, but it's a great tool to use.

Instead of maintaining a web server and a file server to host our company files, we use ShareFile to allow our employees to access the files they need to do their job. Information is available to our employees from employee hand book, to sales tips. It's a convenient and handy tool to use.

Sharefile review by Victor R.
Victor R.

"Fast, easy, safe"

What do you like best?

What I like the most is the confidence it offers in handling large information and that requires a minimum of security, not making the process of uploading, downloading and synchronizing documents complex. The technical support was always efficient, fast and decisive. Another point in favor is the easy to use, when you work with people who are complicated with the use of this type of applications, since without the need of training and in simple steps they were all literally synchronized with the use of the app.

What do you dislike?

Perhaps one of its disadvantages is the cost, which does not seem economical and more when it is necessary to have more than one user, which was a limitation considering that we had to lower the number of users that we had initially stipulated as part of the project to share information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend it, in spite of its economic limitations, it is an application that fulfills what it offers, of the highest quality in terms of synchronization results, security and tools available for teamwork. I believe that it strengthens teamwork, when working with large information between closed groups.

I knew this application, a long time ago, when in a previous work we were faced with the urgent need to start sharing large files that were synchronized in real time. I remember that in a meeting someone suggested this app attending to the latent needs, and decided to implement it. The truth fulfilled more than expected, made it easier for the whole team to implement the project we were carrying out, it brought us great advantages considering how fast it works, offering us security systems within what we were looking for and it was very easy to use for all the team without training, saving time and money.

Sharefile review by Terrance J. R.
Terrance J. R.

"ShareFIle has taken us to the next level for cloud based data storage."

What do you like best?

What I like best about ShareFile is that it is provided by Citrix, a well known leader in the Information Technology industry. The support is top notch and any issues we have had have been fully followed through to a resolution in a timely manner.

What do you dislike?

Compared to how we used to manage our data, there is nothing I have found with ShareFile that I do not like yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To leverage the full power of what ShareFile offers, use multiple tools in concert. We use the Drive Mapper for virtual access, the Sync tool for local copies, and the Outlook Plugin for oversized file sharing to others. ShareFile also has other applications for remote support, digital signing and more which we are exploring.

The problems we are solving with Citrix ShareFile are being able to backup and store all our data off premises and having great tools to move and share that information when needed with others.

Sharefile review by Kimberly B.
Kimberly B.

"Citrix ShareFile has made my life much simpler. "

What do you like best?

Our company uses Citrix to log in remotely, so I love the convenience of working from home and checking my email on the go.

What do you dislike?

The only aspect I dislike about Citrix is the constant glitches and lagging involved with using my remote desktop on Citrix.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend that others consider Citrix over other products due to its simplicity, ease of use, and flexibility.

The business problem solved is improving work-life balance, since it personally allows me to leave the office on-time every day and finish up any work that I have left for the day in the comfort of my home. Some benefits of Citrix are adaptability, reliability, and flexibility.

Sharefile review by Rhonda R.
Rhonda R.

"Secure way to transfer files to and from clients"

What do you like best?

you can send files securely as well as request files from clients. the person you are sending to or requesting files from doesn't need to have a subscription or download any software

What do you dislike?

some banks or businesses we deal with have their email servers set to block secure emails

Recommendations to others considering the product

great way to securly transfer files to/from clients and co-workers. you can select the length of time the documents are stored from a few days/weeks (for incremental backups and reports) to several years (annual backups and reports) to forever (tax returns, etc)

we are saving time by no longer needing to stop by a client's office just to pickup files or a backup (or saving mail time). we can instantly and securely transfer backup files of their accounting software and or PDF copies of various documents.

Sharefile review by Katie C.
Katie C.

"Huge pain to use, not user-friendly"

What do you like best?

I like that the website acts as a functional area to store and share documents

What do you dislike?

I dislike how difficult it is to use the program. It is not intuitive how to share access, or even how to gain access. So much extra time is spent trying to walk people through how to get onto the site. Also, uploading and downloading documents is unnecessarily slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a dedicated person available to assist people gaining access to the site. You will need to assign a single point of contact to be the main Admin - make sure that person knows it is going to be a lot of work to maintain

ShareFile fills a need to get documents outside of our internal organization to our partners.

Sharefile review by Neal A.
Neal A.

"Easy site to share large files"

What do you like best?

Sharefile is great to share files and documents that are too big to send via email, and for documents that need to remain confidential. By sending via sharefile, you don't have to worry about the email being intercepted, encryption issues, or sending to an incorrect email.

What do you dislike?

While the functionality of Sharefile is great, it could have a better layout. While there is always more room for improvement, it is however set up much better than Dropbox.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at all software similar to ShareFile and ultimately determine if it meets your requirements, fits well into your business model, and will be easily accessible and usable by your company prior to implementing.

Top problems solved by ShareFile are the issues of security of documents using email (especially private personal information such as SSN, DOB, etc.), and the ability to send large documents that cannot be sent easily or at all via email.

Sharefile review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

"Great colaboration tool"

What do you like best?

ShareFile is a great way for a large or small business to share files with personnel. We use it for our Sales reps, customer service, HR, accounting, IT, Executives, warehouse, Purchasing and more. The whole company is able to share what we need to and restrict access to certain users based on role and department. We can easily see who is using what amount of space and restrict users to amount of space they are allowed to use.

What do you dislike?

It is very easy to run out of disk space, but their aren't any tools built in to restrict disc usage between users. I would love a way to allocate space for certain users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start using some type of file share. You can handle day to dau business without tools like this.

We needed a place our employees could share files. We have multiple locations across 5 states so you know being able to have a central place our sales team can access documents is a must.

Sharefile review by Ermin C.
Ermin C.

"Neutral Experience Overall"

What do you like best?

It is a single location to put all apps you want to access. It is online and accessible anywhere, which is extremely convenient to use anywhere I go, regardless of whether I am using a desktop or a laptop. Logging in is very simple, and can be done in less than a minute.

What do you dislike?

It really slows down the speed of your computer. It has sometimes consumed close to 100% of my CPU and caused other files to crash if I have too many open.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make it less buggy, as it tends to cause other files to crash, including Microsoft Excel files. It is good, but not great.

It provides a single repository for most business applications, saving time. I don't really use it much for file sharing. There are various trading systems that my company uses it for, and it is has a good dashboard layout for the user. Access can be controlled for each individual application that is linked to Citrix, including test environments. Overall, the benefits of using Citrix, when mitigated, are far greater than the flaws and I believe what it comes down to is the net investment a company wants to invest in this product. For a large organization like the one I work for with the high security demands, I would say that it is definitely worth it to use Citrix. Even for smaller organizations, it would be beneficial to have Citrix.

Sharefile review by User in Legal Services
User in Legal Services

"Clean interface and great collaborative tool"

What do you like best?

Sharefile is easy to use and is a great way to share files with others within and outside of your organization.

What do you dislike?

The Citrix Sharefile service can be a bit pricey. A personal plan is $16 per month while a team account (up to five employee accounts) costs $60 per month. The Business and Virtual Data Room options will run over $100 per month.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Although Citrix Sharefile is expensive, depending on your organization's needs, it may well be worth the cost to securely transfer large files with outside parties. The service is easy to use and has a clean, simple interface that makes it easy to obtain the files you need quickly and securely. I would recommend this product to any organization in the legal or printing industry.

Sharing files securely is made easy with Citrix Sharefile. In the legal industry, protecting sensitive information is an important consideration and this is a great solution for transferring files with outside parties.

Sharefile review by Anand P.
Anand P.

"Valuable tool for sharing files especially bigger sized files"

What do you like best?

Ability to upload large files at express speeds is the standout feature of the software. The ability to share encrypted emails directly from the software helps make it primary file storage of medium. Ability to use this as a proxy network to access the institutional system for sharing and exchange of files. The free trial is very valuable to try out the product before buying on a larger scale.

What do you dislike?

Web page looks a lot cluttered once we include a significant amount of material. Secondly, having to make recipient install the software for utilizing to edit and share information is a niggle by itself since all people do not use software unless working on shared work related projects at business institutions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very helpful to use when utilizing Citrix at an educational institution for licensed software, when working from home. It helps us access the U-Drive and K-Drive provision provided by the schools and utilize Citrix Sharefile Features to share info and collaborate with friends to work together on projects.

I'm able to utilize my Microsoft Outlook email well in combination with Citrix ShareFile. I have been able to share material including lengthy videos with multiple teammates. The biggest advantage is the ability to not have to split the file into smaller parts in order to satisfy the criterion of maximum size.

Sharefile review by Renee G.
Renee G.

"Excellent Program - When It Works..."

What do you like best?

The seemingly endless storage. Ability to access files remotely. Ability to update files and be able to share them immediately with other staff.

What do you dislike?

The wait time it takes to get help. Sharefile Sync is horrible - if a computer goes offline for a period of time and then is turned back on, all of the files are re-uploaded and overwrite current files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sharefile is a great product. It would be better if customer service had more staff available to answer questions when there are issues. Sharefile Drive Mapper is awesome, but ShareFile Sync is horrible.

Sharing documents with other employees. The ease of having updated information at my fingertips.

Sharefile review by Ryan O.
Ryan O.

"Excellent storage; lackluster speed"

What do you like best?

ShareFile provides an easy-to-use space for sharing files across a global network. It has several different interfaces that allow the user to fine a workflow that works best for the project at hand.

What do you dislike?

The best part of ShareFile is the ability to map your ShareFile drive directly onto your PC. However, the program crashes incredibly frequently, which causes a loss in productivity that sometimes outweighs the gains from the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be patient. It can be frustrating when it crashes. I find that sometimes it just hasn鈥檛 processed. Usually waiting will avoid having to force quit anything.

Our organization was storing files in inconsistent ways and places. ShareFile has allowed us to standardize those problems, as well as discover new ways to improve our processes.

Sharefile review by Peter W.
Peter W.

"It doew what it says on the tin"

What do you like best?

It is a cost effective solution which is good for SMEs trying to grow with limited finances but that is about it.

What do you dislike?

There have been many places I have wirked where CITRIX will freeze and cause issues, requiring kill sessions and server reboots. It is cheap but does tend to have many issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a small or medium enterprise with limited funds then this is worth looking into. It helps with reducing costs and there is so much support out there as it is so widely used. Good investment.

It saves so much on costs. It is a one size fits all solution which is very easy to maintain and run. Turnover in contact centres is always high so the need for setting up and deleting profiles is made simple with this.

Sharefile review by Sue D.
Sue D.

"Not at all what is described"

What do you like best?

Nothing at this point. Can't upload files, can't get support, can't get service, can't get anyone responsible. Salesperson assured she would be available, now has left the company.

What do you dislike?

Buying the product/service, then not being able to use, then no support. Finally, after 30 minutes on hold, I finally got a sales person who says Citrix is trying to phase out small clients and only go after enterprise clients. During the trial, the salesperson added another product which we have NEVER USED, not even demoed...and we are now billed an additional $57.00 per month. THEY WON'T GIVE A REFUND for that portion....IT'S NOT IT THEIR POLICY. DISHONORABLE COMPANY. Why do they even go through the motions and take our money. The support sales person says it's corporate rules. My advice: Citrix get out of the business if you can't support what you sell! Don't prey on little companies that you can't deliver and take their money.

We wanted to get off dropbox and secure our files. Very excited to try ShareFile. Had a great sales representative....told us to try additional services and they would cancel before trial started. I emailed the rep, before the 1st...and the email bounced back. Tried a couple more times, along with calling support (hour wait the 1st time and finally hung up), 2nd time it has been half an hour, and was told a manager would call me back. Nothing has been as represented. Salesperson is gone.. And Citrix will accept no responsibility. Shame on them. Our service was to start on the 1st and it's now the 11th and they put through a charge on the 11th. Terribly disorganized company.. Sad that a large company needs the money so bad, they can't take responsibility for their failures.

Sharefile review by User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Citrix ShareFile"

What do you like best?

Citrix ShareFile makes it extremely easy to share large files with others. Not only is it east to share with other users of the ShareFile system, but it is also very easy to share with external individuals (individuals who do not have a ShareFile account). Furthermore, the security options that are available are second to none. When sharing with others, it is extremely to see who is downloading the files and when they are downloading them. You can even set the number of downloads that are allowed, as well as the length of time where downloads can be completed.

What do you dislike?

When first getting started, it is quite difficult to understand the structure of Citrix ShareFile. For example, what folders are yours individually, and what ones are shared with other team members. The concept of being an authorized user versus a client can be tricky to understand. However, once you've had time to work through the system, it all comes together and makes perfect sense. Some recipients are spooked by having to follow a download link to get files, but once they do it the first time, they never want to return to antiquated (and size limited) email attachments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take time to look at the various features of the system. I know they have a very useful integration with Microsoft Outlook that allows you to send large files, directly from your email. I believe it interfaces directly with your Citrix ShareFile account, and this bypasses any file size limitations you have on your server. I would also take time to investigate how you and others will use the system. Make sure you understand the user/client setup so you can utilize the system efficiently and as cost-effective as possible.

We are solving the issue of large file sharing (i.e. videos and excel documents) between internal staff, as well as sharing with external individuals. We have realized that Citrix ShareFile streamlines to process. It certainly takes any of the worry out of emailing attachments too. You no longer have to wonder if your attachments are too large for your server, of if they are going to be rejected by the recipient's server. It's an outstanding way to share large files, and we've realized that the built-in security features are easy to utilize as well.

Sharefile review by Liana H.
Liana H.

"ShareFile is our main file sharing tool"

What do you like best?

The best part of ShareFile is that it is easy to use for non-computer savvy people, but also has robust tools for file management for large projects. For example, you can set a file retention policy by folder. Users can create their own passwords (depending on how your organization sets it up.)

What do you dislike?

There's only one thing I dislike, and that is that sometimes the emails go to users' junk email or never make it past their email server. I think that is more to do with individual companies email software though.

We use ShareFile every day to share information with our clients and in between our offices. It's easy to use and doesn't require a lot of computer knowledge.

Sharefile review by Carolina Y.
Carolina Y.

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

ShareFile is easy to use. It is integrated seamlessly with Outlook and truly allows you to feel comfortable sending sensitive information via email.

What do you dislike?

There's really nothing I dislike about it, except maybe when its not functioning...which is rare. So far it hasn't worked only once in the time we've had it (about 1 1/2 years).

Since we work in the insurance industry there is a great deal of HIPAA information that needs to be proctected. Sharefile has made it easier than ever to protect and ensure that the document/information is not getting into the wrong hands.

Sharefile review by Administrator

"Great tool for tracking files"

What do you like best?

I like this tool to work with both my internal team and our external customers.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there was a way to view a log for all of the files without having to go into the "file box" or log in and sift through the various options. I also totally hate all of the promos when I log in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for setting up accounts that individuals are maintaining instead of making an admin manage all of the users.

The problem we are solving is giving trackable storage to our clients on their own individual accounts without having to pay for each of the clients and move them on and off one centralized storage space. If the client wants to continue the storage great. If not, then the account expires without us having to manage them on our central storage.

Sharefile review by Administrator

"Director of IT"

What do you like best?

Nothing - this text is put here because the review form forces me - otherwise I'd leave it blank

What do you dislike?

advertising suggests it is built for business including enterprise, when in reality it can not support many enterprise needs or large data in bulk

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be careful - they own your data and have just recently added external cloud support for external services but have yet to adopt AWS S3 (which they use themselves as internal storage if you don't bring your own).

The system is designed to get you in and TRAP YOU - We had 1TB of shared data in the system plus 500 GB in personal data for all users combined, and to cut over to another system meant we needed to FREEZE the storage for up to 2-4 weeks (with large fees) while they backed up and shipped our data to us on a hard drive (likely AWS snowball to them, they copy to a HD then to us)(mind you production data) - this was not possible so it took a painful 3+ months to get our data out and on to another system.

Users with large amounts of data were impossible to delete and required a support call just to admin the system so they could delete the account.

We moved from a common mapped network drive G:\ with NTFS permissions. The folder structure was complex and the NTFS security was as well utilizing AD security groups. Sharefile allowed for something similar however users being users wold some how share personal folder data to other employees and the result was their entire personal folder was published to the root of the public share for all to see. We had an accounting nightmare when sales commissions were displayed to those who should not have seen it. They never could figure this out or how to fix it. And was the main reason for leaving.

The Sync agent is horrible, lots of corruption and extremely slow for our German office

Ultimately we used the drive mapper towards the end as this worked best (NOT AVAILABLE ON MAC - which we have 10 users that were forced to use the web). They push the Sync Agent as the main windows client

all in all poor support - I almost always had to resolve my own issues 90% of the time. Poor desktop sync clients, no mapper MAC support, lots of security issues, performance issues, and difficult to perform simple admin functions like deleting users.

They were not ready for us. We have true enterprise and international needs at data volume scale and were looking to replace our mapped network drive with ShareFile - it failed miserably.

Alternatively we evaluated Storage Made Easy (SME) and CentreStack - I chose CentreStack as I have more control and super reasonable pricing (40% less that ShareFile). SME is the middle ground and less control but way more stable (25% less than ShareFile)

none it caused MANY problems for us

Sharefile review by Kristina B.
Kristina B.

"Limited experience but so far the best tool we use at work. "

What do you like best?

I LOVE that I do not have to type in a log in every time I go into it as my company uses it for clients to transfer documents and it somehow automatically knows who I am.

What do you dislike?

The layout on my 鈥渉ome鈥 page can be a bit confusing. It could use some more obvious, dark, or large titles to identify links or most commonly used pages. It would also be fantastic if it was customizable so that I could set it to have a set of folders automatically come up on a side pane or something.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely convenient, quick, and easily accessible. Could use some reworking in the layout but the functionality is fantastic.

Clients transfer documents to us in a secure fashion. It works extremely well for me. It is very convenient to be able to turn notifications for specific folders on and off, to be able to have all the folders shared to me in one location, and it always loads very quickly. The preview function doesn鈥檛 always work but I deal with a lot of zip files and locked documents as it often contains confidential info.

Sharefile review by Matt P.
Matt P.

"Great for internal and external collaboration"

What do you like best?

ShareFile makes it incredibly easy to share resources both with coworkers or external contacts. It's very easy to create a link on-the-fly for someone to access a document. ShareFile also provides options for sharing, like requiring user input to verify identity or setting a time limit on your links. I also love that a link can potentially be shared to anyone. I have used other file sharing platforms in the past that have required that someone create an account just to download files from a link. With Sharefile, anyone with the link can download which makes it very easy for both sides.

What do you dislike?

I have heard others complain about the lack of simultaneous document editing like that offered in Google docs or OneDrive. While it does lack this, I personally have not needed such a feature and the versioning feature is a suitable alternative.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The greatest advantage of ShareFile to me is the ease of which to share resources externally. If this is something that is needed, I would recommend this as an option.

ShareFile provides a means of sharing resources with users outside of the organization. Our company made a leap from ShareFile to OneDrive, but a few users still use ShareFile because it allows external file sharing where the new software does not. We also used ShareFile to back up some local files on our server Using powershell to transfer the files. Although this probably isn't the best way of taking backups, it was necessary and it did work very well.

Sharefile review by User

"Not as smooth and integrated as could be"

What do you like best?

It is a safe, convenient place to save files and documents. It works great for sharing documents and the mobile app is useful.

What do you dislike?

Through the various updates, different glitches would occur. For awhile, documents wouldn't preview on the first or second time, and wouldn't allow you to access the document at all. Now, about 50% of documents scanned from an external scanner and saved as a PDF will not preview and the document must be downloaded to even see what it is. The log in screen also does not log in on the first attempt - an error message occurs and you have to log in again to access the site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a representative run through issues of documents previewing and being available to download, even if preview is not available

Shared access to files. Secure file storage.

Sharefile review by Samantha S.
Samantha S.

"ShareFile is Efficient for any Company"

What do you like best?

Our company has employees that work remotely and since our server is remote, they can not always reach important files to the company. ShareFile allows us to upload any size documents and share them with fellow employees or clients.

What do you dislike?

The only slight dislike I have with ShareFile is the per user price is a bit high per month. We have 9 users, and would have more if it would not cost us as much per user/month.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a file sharing system, this is very user friendly.

As said above, we have a server that only works within our office. So when we have employees working from home, or when we need to send large documents to clients, ShareaFile is perfect.

Sharefile review by Sina G.
Sina G.

"I have never had a problem using it"

What do you like best?

We work with this software for interacting with our work computers and accessing work files from other computers. It works smoothly and in many occasions that I use this software not even once I have encountered one problem.

The main important feature for us is safety. Since almost all the files we handle are confidential, security played a huge role in the decision makings. The level of authentication for accessing is truly reassuring.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there is no specific feature that I dislike.

There might be some features that might require improvement. However, to the extent that we worked with it, everything was good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For what we use this software for I cannot think of any other feature that I want and this software does not provide. its is very safe and has enough safety features. Also, my work has not interrupted not even once due to any issue bug etc. So overall I really recommend this program.

Accessing my work files from any place in the world, safe and quick. It allows people to sometimes work from home which gives people a lot of freedom. At the same time, our managers and clients are sure that the files and info are always safe and secure.

It also improves our teams productivity by allowing people access to their files so that can share with colleagues even when they are out of the country for a conference or personal time.

Sharefile review by Jonathan O.
Jonathan O.

"ShareFile - a great way to, well, share files"

What do you like best?

I used to use ShareFile mainly for sending one-off files via creating a link. But recently a case team needed a way to send me video files for editing and, likewise, I needed to send the video files back after editing. We found that creating a shared folder is incredibly easy! We can create subfolders and organize the files after they've been uploading. And I've set alerts to notify me when other users have uploaded or downloaded files -- making it even more efficient.

What do you dislike?

I dislike are the default expiration dates set by my organization -- I have to double-check to make sure that my uploaded files and shared folders are set to expire when I want them to.

I work with a lot of video editing projects and sending large video files back and forth is so much easier using ShareFile than the old fashioned sending discs via FedEx. I can have the videos downloaded, edited and then upload the edited videos before FedEx would've even picked up the package.

We also frequently use ShareFile for sending document productions between opposing counsel, clients and other parties.

Sharefile review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Using ShareFile as a data sharing platform for a clinically integrated network"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to control the user access down to each individual folder. Also, having the ability to create and link distribution groups to folder access is key for a large multi-practice health care system. Our users report ease in their ability to navigate the site and use links to upload files securely. For our practices without a secure email platform, this is key for us collecting confidential data.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to see more integration with outside third party vendors. Also, being able to share web links and a calendar would be an improvement to the current capabilities. We have issues sometimes with the automatic sync causing a number of unnecessary conflict files, but this was reduced by limiting user upload rights to the minimum necessary.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a platform to share information with a variety of users, then this is your solution! It is secure, cloud-based, and easy for users to navigate. It is customizable and can integrate with multiple outside platforms.

ShareFile allows us to share data and files with practices in a secure, HIPAA compliant way across our large network of both employed and contracted health care providers. We evaluated multiple platforms that would allow us to share information in a standardized way with hundreds of physician practices. ShareFile allows for single sign on integration and connects via SFTP as a way to autopush files out to our users.

Sharefile review by Mathieu C.
Mathieu C.

"Best place to be for your documents"

What do you like best?

ShareFile has everything a platform of that type needs, full control of users and their activity regarding your files, user friendly on all devices from computer to desktop app, to mobile devices. It is easy to setup and easy to administrate, being able to copy authorization from an user to another is a must. Nobody will be able to lie if they have or not already accessed your file, ShareFile report will tell!

What do you dislike?

There is really not so many things to dislike about ShareFile. Many similar app now have drawings "capacity" where one can create sets of drawings, versioning and easy navigation. A different customization per project could be interesting too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ShareFile is a way more advance platform than any free solution on the market and the quality of the solution will worth every penny invested. If you want to share like a pro, you need something as good as ShareFile. With very little training, the full team and collaborators will be able to use it and with a little bit of experience, you will make full use of all the features.

One main problem solve with ShareFile is how to centralize the information. One single access of data if a key for some business. Knowing exactly when and who access these documents is also essential. With ShareFile, I have saved time on tracking who had actualy accessed some document and being able to prove it them. It has also permitted to stop some file leaks, where people wanted to download to much information at a stage that didn't require such activity.

Sharefile review by Kris S.
Kris S.

"Great for sending Large files"

What do you like best?

The ability to upload large files and send a direct link to someone to download is very easy and useful. From a client perspective, to be able to just click a link and download the file right away without having to go through the hassle of logging into FTP sites makes this a great software. From the user uploading files, its also great to get notifications when someone downloads the file so you are aware that the file was received.

What do you dislike?

The integration we have with outlook to sharefile could be upgraded. I always tend to have an issue when trying to use the sharefile link provided by outlook when sending a large file. Outlook seems to crash and I always have to re-type my original email. Its easier for me to just log in separately onto the sharefile website and copy and paste the link into my outlook email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for sending large files. For clients looking for an easy way to download files, Sharefile makes it simple by either having them login to download or by just sharing a clickable link that can be pasted into the email. I have had no problem sharing large files.

File storage and sending large files to clients without them having to go through the hassle of logging into FTP sites and searching folders makes this a great program. Also, if you are away from your work computer, you can always download any files into your Sharefile storage and download it for yourself onto your computer later on.

Sharefile review by Chris C.
Chris C.

"Excellent corporate cloud-based storage platform."

What do you like best?

The Outlook plugin for Sharefile is the most useful feature they offer. The ability to automatically convert files that are too big for normal email into Sharefile links is extremely useful. In a similar way, the ability to request files from others that may not have a cloud storage or ftp site solution yet it very useful. The user interface in the web browser and on the Android/iOS apps are very clean, smooth, and intuitive to use. It's very easy to see who has permissions in each folder and generate an Activity Log, showing who has uploaded, downloaded, etc. to the folder.

What do you dislike?

Right now it's lacking some minor customization options that I would expect from this type of product. The banner and URL links that embed in emails could use some extra customization like company logos or other unique features to let the recipient know the links are real, and not a virus. The Dashboard screen has many shortcuts and buttons, but they are all fixed and unchangeable. Some of the features are a little buried in sub-menus, that could easily be pulled out. All of these are very minor downsides.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is another great cloud storage solution. It has many of the same features as other products from Microsoft, Google, etc, but has great added functionality on the web and in plugins, as well as fantastic customer support!

We moved away from a previous cloud based project management service and regularly ran into permissions issues and storage limits. The ability to send files to someone who doesn't have a Citrix account is a great feature. The unlimited storage tier is a much needed option.

Sharefile review by Vikas R.
Vikas R.

"Password protected and reliable tool to exchange business files, professionally and securely."

What do you like best?

Whether you deal with files that are simply too large to transfer by email, need secure file transfer, or just need a collaboration space where project-related files can be posted, ShareFile can provide a solution for you.

What do you dislike?

Citrix ShareFile is not a great support for an enterprise software solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Citrix ShareFile remains a top-notch tool for securely sharing files with everyone you do business with

Our company has had it's ups and downs with sharefile, but it seems like it is getting better with time. Drivemapper is a huge plus - way better than having to locally sync files.Easy to manage an entire business through their on-line portal and really get granular as far as access. There are multiple ways to transfer files to Sharefile whether you use the Outlook plug-in, Desktop software, website, Mapped drive, you get the picture! Other features I like was the auditing of file access, custom branding for the business, 2 factor authentication, unlimited revisions, unlimited storage, and I could really go on.

Sharefile review by Rachel H.
Rachel H.

"Great tool when used smartly"

What do you like best?

Secure document storage, easy to send files and to request files. Simple organization.

What do you dislike?

It can be difficult to 'search' for specific things, so you want to make sure you have things organized well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When you start with a clean slate, set up your files and folders in an organized way so you can always find what you need. Also, don't put crap or crappily named files in Sharefile... keep it a relatively clean and organized system and it will do wonders for you.

Secure file storage, secure sharing and securing receiving shared files from clients.

Sharefile review by User in Construction
User in Construction

"ShareFile Seems to Have Some Bugs"

What do you like best?

The idea behind it is great. I like the fact that it's a plugin that works within your email (Outlook specifically), so I don't have to go out and to a separate web page to use the program. I especially like the idea that our vendors can share large files with me without using Dropbox, as mine fills up easily.

What do you dislike?

Uploading photos using Sharefile brings them into a folder but in no discernable order. The plugin also seems to have some bugs and has caused my Outlook to stop working more than once (per our IT Team).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure you have additional ways to access your ShareFiles besides using the plugin in your email.

ShareFile allows me to send large files without having to compress them or put them into another separate cloud program. It allows my vendors to easily share notes they may have on what the client has sent out.

Learning about Sharefile?

* We monitor all Sharefile reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.