SharePoint

3.8
(3,836)

With SharePoint you can manage versions, apply retention schedules, declare records, and place legal holds, whether you're dealing with traditional content, Web content.

Work for SharePoint?

Learning about SharePoint?

SharePoint Reviews

Showing 3,847 SharePoint reviews
SharePoint review by Kaitlyn S.
Kaitlyn S.

"Love Sharepoint! "

What do you like best?

I definitely think my favorite thing about Sharepoint is the way my staff is able to work on documents together and access files easily. We all go to the same place weekly, have no issues, and are all able to access the documents needed.

What do you dislike?

I think one thing that could change about Sharepoint would be to make it easier to access from your mobile phone. Another dislike would be that there isn't the capacity for all business-related tasks to be completed online there, and that you most likely will be using two different softwares and will have to switch back and forth on a regular basis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of all the features and possibilities that are available within the software. It is definitely a place where you can bring your creativity to life! I would recommend this to anyone in a business setting where your department uses the same documents and you have weekly paperwork to fill out. Everything being in one spot makes it much easier for you as a user to stay organized and also save time. You can save so much time switching to Sharepoint from a previous software because they allow you to hold all of your documents in one place.

We use it to access necessary documents and fill out forms that we need to write weekly. We are solving the issues that come up on a daily basis within our office.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SharePoint
SharePoint review by Athena Ordona V.
Athena Ordona V.

"Secured and Efficient Collaboration"

What do you like best?

As its name indicates, it is mainly a sharing platform but what differentiates it from other platforms is its security and functionality. Compared to Google Drive, it is more secure because only employees with an Outlook account can access it, and to add to that, they would also need to be granted access specifically by the administrator of the group. Being part of the "Office 365" group, information dissemination between different tools is seamless.

What do you dislike?

If you are not experienced in the Office 365 environment, it might be overwhelming initially. There are a lot of functions so it would take some time to be used to it. Problems with your Microsoft Outlook account can also hinder you from accessing your files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely take your time to learn the basics of it. It could be overwhelming, but once you get the hang of it, it's like a goldmine. Take advantage of the fact that it's accessible online and that it can be easily organized to make your job easier.

With SharePoint, file sharing is definitely more secure and seamless. Having had an H drive collaboration folder previously, it was a challenge having to go through all the folders. SharePoint makes storing documents organized and user-friendly. Moreover, it's accessible online.

What Business Content Management solution do you use?

SharePoint review by Luisa L.
Luisa L.

"Herramienta buena en la nube"

What do you like best?

Tener nuestros datos alojados en una ubicación basada en la nube que permite a cualquier persona de mi equipo acceder a ellos desde cualquier lugar. Este es uno de los mayores avances que hemos tenido en nuestra compañía. También somos usuarios de Office, por lo que la integración entre el correo electrónico y Sharepoint es inmejorable. Es muy fácil tener un portal con un inicio de sesión que te permita acceder a todos tus datos.

What do you dislike?

Sharepoint está optimizado para la última versión de los navegadores de Windows (Internet explorer o edge) y puede dar algunos problemas mientras se usa en las versiones anteriores de los navegadores o de las ventanas. Microsoft debería arreglar esto a tiempo para poder seguir compitiendo con la competencia.

También es destacable el soporte para dispositivos móviles, que no es tan sorprendente ya que casi nadie usa navegadores de microsoft en dispositivos móviles. Una aplicación de punto compartido dedicada para dispositivos móviles sería una gran idea.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Creo que es una buena plataforma para tener como respaldo los archivos y para supervisar quién puede ver, editar y subir archivos. Los pequeños problemas que tuve son problemas menores que se pueden solucionar y creo que el beneficio es bastante bueno.

Cada uno de nuestros centros tiene su propia página. Pueden ver actualizaciones, notas, mirar instrucciones y todos ven la misma información. El sitio te dice a quién se ha quitado un archivo y quién fue el último en realizar cambios.

SharePoint review by Brianna Z.
Brianna Z.

"Slow Response Rate "

What do you like best?

There is a large amount of storage space for all of your files. You can easily house zip files, photos and documents and organize with tags and folders.

What do you dislike?

The response rate can be very slow for the program to load when opening files. It may be because it is internet based. Sometimes the program also can't find what I'm searching for even though there are tags on there. I also cannot preview zip files while in the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Realize there may be some delay when loading files due the program depending on the internet. Overall, it is a great place to share and store files.

We use Sharepoint to house files for our Marketing and Development teams. We share and organize files that we will be using for upcoming events, grants and past events. It's the perfect place to put all of our documents and feel secured that our files are there for later use.

SharePoint review by Keyanna G.
Keyanna G.

"Sharepoint Review"

What do you like best?

I liked how you could add to the calendar and everyone could work together. Since the power point feature was operated by Microsoft Word it was better than Google. Google slides do not download/save as effectively as SharePoint slides. You can also get news, which is helpful to have it in the same place that you check your mail at.

What do you dislike?

It is not easy to share with people who do not have an outlook account. Google is better and easier to share. The powerpoint abilities were limited and didn't allow you to use the full features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure everyone you would want to share with has access

If you want to use powerpoint make sure that you know when you download it, it might get messed up so know where you put things so you can replicate it

the calendar feature is nice if you need to know what other people are doing in order to coordinate schedules.

My group was able to collaborate and share points. Since we are in college it is hard to meet with each other in person. We were also given the chance to send our work to our professors who were able to give us proper feedback through this channel. My job kept the calendar on SharePoint which helped us know when we needed to come into work and when we did not. Also, we knew when co-workers would be there as well.

SharePoint review by Cynthia A.
Cynthia A.

"It is the best option for team sharing documents that are heavy and confidential. "

What do you like best?

You can customize how you want your Share Point to be, which is really good because it is not just a cloud, it looks like your personal website. Your information is protected by several levels of encryption, which is great if you need to share information about your company or your clients. It also works as a back up information on a cloud of all the files that you and your team works could need in case that somethings happens to the computer. It is integrated with all the others Microsoft software.

What do you dislike?

It is really difficult to install it on your own, it is necessary to have a specialist on IT. Besides that, once you have it you can used without any problem. At the beginning is a little complicated to understand how it works, but once you got it you would not stop using it with your colleagues and your work teams. It is a expensive software but it is worth it, because it is the best one on the market right now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It would be great to be able to installed it yourself without having to pay it an expert to do it, because the software is already expensive enough.

It is a secure and practical way to share files and collaborate with my team members files. Also with the mobile app, I can work from everywhere without problem. It allows me to have a back up of my files in case of a emergency or an accident. It has improve internal communications on the company and keep everyone connected.

SharePoint review by Diego M.
Diego M.

"SharePoint: Colaboración en la nube"

What do you like best?

SharePoint nos permite multitud de opciones para nuestra empresa o entorno de trabajo (departamento, sección...). No requiere ser un experto en la herramienta (aunque si es necesario si se desea un desarrollo muy profesional) y nos permite a través de plantillas crear un site y ajustarlo a lo que queremos.

Para mí, y como ejemplo, la mejor opción es crear un entorno de colaboración en el que podamos tener sincronizados todos nuestros archivos, con la enorme ventaja de que en el entorno de Office 365 se permite la edición simultánea de un mismo archivo por distintos usuarios (lo cual es francamente genial), así de este modo podemos prescindir de sistemas como NAS, carpetas compartidas a través de la red, o medios extraíbles y usar este entorno de archivos, con la seguridad que ofrece. Además las versiones de archivo, que permite saber quién y cuando ha editado un archivo, y si fuese necesario, volver atrás, visualizar los cambios, y guardar como actual una versión anterior si fuese necesario.

Una herramienta genial que funciona a través de OneDrive y que toda empresa debería estar usando.

What do you dislike?

La sincronización de archivos es lenta cuando se trata de un gran volumen de archivos.

Las rutas no pueden superar un máximo de 254 caracteres.

Solucionar el trabajo ineficiente y pérdida de tiempo de uso de medios obsoletos para el entorno empresarial. Ahorrando tiempo y recursos.

SharePoint review by Amanda H.
Amanda H.

"Great Clean-up Tool!"

What do you like best?

The option to have information accessible everywhere, online or offline. This makes a wonderfully seamless transition for working in the office, to working at home, or at a remote location. I love having accessibility wherever I go, so I am able to help my employees the best I can at any time I have available. I also appreciate that you can access it from your desktop to minimize the number of internet windows/tabs open, makes for a cleaner workflow.

What do you dislike?

The first sync needs to be forced while connected to a network. I think they should more clearly encourage the sync. I would have synced much sooner and would have been more beneficial had I know this up front, rather than stumbling across it on my own.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a pretty seamless, and natural transition from using your internal hard drive, or shared drive, to something that can be used on any

We had been using a shared H:\ folder, and it was A MESS. We were able to drastically clean up, categorize, and encourage better habits moving forward with the business. We also had to educate our staff on information backup, and enjoy how everything in SharePoint/OneDrive is backed up by the cloud, unlike if they are storing documents solely on their desktops.

SharePoint review by Stanislava P.
Stanislava P.

"Knowledgebase the way it's meant to be. "

What do you like best?

I love how it is easy to navigate through SharePoint pages, and how easy it is to make one. SharePoint is a sort of a Wordpress amongst Knowledgebase websites. You can easily create a good looking page just how you imagined without any problem and in no time. And I love the option that I can Synchronize Sharepoint with OneDrive and that way I can always have updated version of documents stored on my computer so if I go offline I can have them with me.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much that I don't like about SharePoint, but I would like to see more templates for creating Pages, I would like to see Header and footer with more than 3 columns which could be useful for documents to be linked.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your organization is using Office 365 you should definitely check Sharepoint out.

We use SharePoint to store all our documentation and Procedures so that anyone can get to them easily. A benefit is that we can search through SharePoint quickly and get to the right document in no time.

SharePoint review by Jorge V.
Jorge V.

"SharePoint is a Great Tool for Collaboration"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy a few things about SharePoint:

- Integration with Microsoft: This means that there are powerful, second-to-none productivity tools at your disposal. I'm thinking of Word, Excel, PPT, and OneNote in particular. For OneNote, there's even a link on the right-hand side of each page where you would store "notes" in a "notebook" that relate to the page.

- Intuitive Layout: From the home button, you can see pages that you follow (if you hit the star on the upper left-hand side of the page and hit "following") as well as recent pages that you visited. This makes it easier to pick up where you left off.

What do you dislike?

I have no dislikes thus far, but I will say that Microsoft, and SharePoint in particular, is probably one of the only firms/products whether the company can get away with no simplicity. Users demand simplicity and intuitiveness from most applications. In the case of SharePoint, however, Microsoft offers us a massive amount of functionalities, many which will never be used by most folks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider SharePoint if you 1) need to collaborate with others and 2) are seeking the most powerful tool available. Otherwise, other simpler solutions could serve you just as well.

We solved the problem of collaboration in our team. In particular, from "Home", we can all view the information that is relevant to each one of us as well as keep abreast of things that are happening in other parts of the organization.

SharePoint review by Selaina B.
Selaina B.

"Now my team and I have one place to access shared documents - and do live edits together. "

What do you like best?

The ability to have multiple people editing a document and seeing live edits. It also helps keep documents up-to-date and current. Now I don't have to hunt down for the most recent version of a document. I know that the one on Sharepoint is the most up-to-date. Now I don't have to ask for a document or be asked to email a document. My team knows where our needed documents are. The capability to have a doc on my computer update to the cloud is amazing.

What do you dislike?

Some utility of Excel is not available in the edit in browser function - which works best to see live updates when editing as a team. Some limitations in Excel functionality in edit in browser.

Business problem: No team library. Losing historical documents, or having to ask different team members to search their computer to send needed documents. Restarting the same document. Sharing a document on an insecure place.

Benefits: having a shared team library. Saving historical documents. Having a collaborative document in a secure place.

SharePoint review by Alejandro P.
Alejandro P.

"Great for your company Intranet and manage process"

What do you like best?

Sharepoint have a excellent function and capabilities that help to your company be better and increase the team performance. You can create very easy workflow and integrate them with Microsoft suite

The file sharing and contribution capabilities are excellent, we don't need send large file by email. The performance of all the environment is excellent and we have the option to go to the cloud but we still planning this step.

Microsoft have a good partners that can help with the implementation and with good experience in the installation and integrate all Microsoft ecosystem.

The community support is very good you can find information and some good templates that you can use in you company

What do you dislike?

You need a Microsoft consultant to take advantage of all the capabilities of sharepoint. Hire a consultant is expensive so you need to add this value to your budget.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hire a Microsoft consultant to take advantage of all the functionalities that sharepoint can give you. Integrate all the Microsoft suite and you will get a good Microsoft ecosystem and your team performance will be raised.

We are reducing the use of paper, we are moving all our internal process to share point to do automation and digitization of all print forms.

The file sharing and file server reduce the space in our mail server, so we don't need send large file by email just with sharing the link outside clients can have the file.

SharePoint review by Muneer K.
Muneer K.

"A powerful collaboration tool often underutilized because of users aversion of its navigation style."

What do you like best?

SharePoint is amazing for its housing and complex workflow routing of documents, document version history and control management, and integration to Windows Explorer. Within libraries, users can filter columns in order to find specific files based on input tags. Furthermore, users can complete assigned SharePoint tasks directly from their Outlook Inbox if desired, thus cutting out a lot of extra clicking and navigating.

What do you dislike?

New Windows 10 browser, Microsoft Edge, isn't fully compatible with all of SharePoint's administrative features. Since the Windows 10 update I often have to use Edge in conjunction with older and slower Internet Explorer in order to perform administrator duties. Also, because most users are accustomed to using shared drives in Windows, they often poorly utilize SharePoint as a simply another version this - preferring to make many folders and sub-folders, rather than tagging document sets with pertinent information. When implementing SharePoint solutions, users have often pushed back because of its steep navigational learning curve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to avoid using this product as a shared drive, and instead subscribe to SharePoint's philosophy of flat organization combined with use of tagging to find documents. Also, do not rely too heavily on SharePoint's search feature as it can return limited results.

Use SharePoint to collaborate on joint publications and projects where many different files are in play. In it not only can you organize documents to best suit your needs, but multiple users can work on the same document at the same time, much like in Google Docs. SharePoint workflows are a great feature, especially paired integrated with Microsoft Outlook - automated emails keep help keep everyone on the same page and can help track the status of a document's progression to completion.

I use SharePoint primarily for its document workflow capabilities. I have built several document libraries to route different types of documents, and for the creation of forms designed through InfoPath. I also frequently manage permissions for individual users and user groups in order to keep sensitive information safely accessible. With SharePoint I have changed the nature of clearance routing in my organization, phasing out paper routing almost completely - a feat that few believed could be accomplished. Also, because all workflow and document history is in one place, the number of back and forth emails between users over a single document has decreased dramatically. Users who have experience using something like a shared drive will find SharePoint to be similar in many ways.

SharePoint review by Suhail A. Z.
Suhail A. Z.

"Una poderosa herramienta para crear sitios web de forma sencilla."

What do you like best?

Es una herramienta fácil de emplear, pero para ello es conveniente tener conocimientos de programación para emplearla con éxito. Con ésta es posible crear páginas y sitios web personales y corporativos de forma sencilla por medio de contenidos. Ideal para cualquier solución de negocio. Posee una buena relación costo-beneficio, por lo que la empresa que la desee emplear no tardará en recuperar su inversión. Aunque no es la herramienta más difundida del mercado para diseñar sitios web, se debe reconocer lo potente que es, y la cantidad de objetos, componentes y atributos que ofrece al programador para que desarrolle este tipo de aplicaciones.

What do you dislike?

Es una herramienta privada, por lo que su uso está restringido a la compra de una licencia, para lo cual lógicamente, la empresa debe hacer una inversión. Pero lo cual es superado por los múltiples beneficios que ofrece. No es una herramienta muy difundida o conocida en comparación con otras, por lo que considero que le falta mayor difusión en el mundo de los desarrolladores de páginas webs. La integración con otras herramientas de Microsoft no funciona del modo esperado.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Es una herramienta que pueden usar tanto desarrolladores novatos como seniors. Su interface permite construir sitios web rápidamente. Como Licenciada en Informática y docente universitario he asesorado proyectos informáticos elaborados en esta plataforma, usándose en grandes empresas. Es fácilmente empleable en empresas de cualquier tamaño, desde pequeñas a grandes, incluso aquellas que dispongan de varias sucursales, dispersas en distintos lugares geográficamente distantes.

Es una herramienta que pueden usar tanto desarrolladores novatos como seniors. Su interface permite construir sitios web rápidamente. Como Licenciada en Informática y docente universitario he asesorado proyectos informáticos elaborados en esta plataforma, para grandes empresas. Pero, es fácilmente empleable en empresas de cualquier tamaño, desde pequeñas a grandes, incluso aquellas que dispongan de varias sucursales, dispersas en distintos lugares geográficamente distantes.

SharePoint review by Gasia B.
Gasia B.

"Great way to have a team access files in one location"

What do you like best?

I like how it is a one stop shop to have a specific set of documents for your team to access. It is so much easier than emailing the team every time there is an update. This way, you can post a new version and just notify the team to go check the new update. I also like how you can have a calendar available for your team to review when due dates are for the files you are posting on the site. This helps in the team prioritizing the documents available.

What do you dislike?

Seems convoluted in the way the folders are arranged. Sometimes I find myself taking more time than I need to to find a file. What needs work is the file structure and making it easier for access. The process to checkout the file does not work sometimes properly, so you have to try again, or refresh the page. This ease of viewing a file needs improvement as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend you know the exact name of the file before going into SharePoint, otherwise, you will be spending more time than needed looking for a file. Also, make sure to clearly indicate the version type so the next person checking out the file knows which one is the most recent.

There are certain files that are too large to send via email, and there can be multiple versions worked on on a particular day by multiple team members. This way, the user can upload a version they edited in the proper location and notify the team that the file is ready for review.

SharePoint review by Hajra S.
Hajra S.

"Organizational storage location - Microsoft Sharepoint"

What do you like best?

Members can create and upload the files in Sharepoint.

Easily accessible from any device.

We can sync the Sharepoint Team site with our system and upload and use the data.

We get a bulk storage in Cloud of 1 TB.

Good support provided

What do you dislike?

It starts the storage from 1 TB slot which gives small business user to think once. Else there is no dislike of Sharepoint

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sharepoint is basically used for data Storage and file sharing purposes.

We can create Team sites with permission assigned, which help us to increase our productivity. Most recommended product for small to large organizations.

We are using Microsoft Sharepoint from past 3 years and get all are requirements fulfilled. Basically we are using it as a cloud storage plus it gives us a benefit of sharing the data to outside the organization users from any location and device.

SharePoint review by Chandan D.
Chandan D.

"Contribute Share Search Collaborate"

What do you like best?

SharePoint provides an exceptional platform to Contribute content, Share content, Search for content and Collaborate with Team and external users effectively.

Manage content, permissions, sharing, externalization effectively.

Include OneDrive for personal file storage.

Version Control, Retention, eDiscovery adds to benefits offered by SharePoint as a Content Mangement System.

What do you dislike?

Proper testing of features before making them available for customers.

More control over features to add or restrict them over the tenant.

The UI is not fast.

Performance is hampered with customizations.

Does not support extensive customizations

Data is managed internally and is not available directly. One must go through SharePOint to access the behind SQL.

Branding and customization can be improved.

Can be made more responsive.

Restrictions on data shown to user and data stored.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sharepoint is reliable and best in class Content Management System.

Organizations looking for Content Collaboration with Management, Sharepoint is the best.

Provides search functionality with lot of features with availability of apps in store for better management as per your needs.

Showcasing achievements of teams via pages and contents

Content management of teams with versioning and eDiscovery

Collaborating internally and externally with users, vendors and third parties.

Data management with permissions over item at item levels. Granular permission management.

benefit of cloud to customers.

SharePoint review by Muthusamy T.
Muthusamy T.

"SharePoint "

What do you like best?

Central repository / one point of truth to store and share all company data.

Get instant reporting 24/7 and consolidate data to get better reports.There are plenty of licensing models to choose from that will suit any business size.Office 365 / SharePoint Online is the perfect solution for small businesses planning to grow big.SharePoint is a billion dollar product in Microsoft’s line-up – it is extremely well adopted globally and locally with plenty of vendors in this space to support you.

What do you dislike?

It is an expensive solution.

You need the right expertise to get it set up correctly.Security is tricky to manage out of box and third party tools are often required in larger companies.The licensing model is very complex.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Out-of-the-box features determine default capabilities of your intranet and its potential for further extension and customization.Deploying an out-of-the-box SharePoint intranet, you will get a variety of features ensuring document and workflow management, content management, enterprise-wide and team collaboration, task and issue management and more.Integration capabilities determine the place of your intranet among other enterprise systems and influence the quality of collaboration between different departments.

We can easily manage the permissions for large organization also maintain large number of data's in online also on-premise . can easily manage large data's.

SharePoint review by Courtney K.
Courtney K.

"Tool for the whole company"

What do you like best?

I haven't done a lot with Sharepoint, but it is a tool our entire company uses which means it must be user-friendly and versatile enough.

What do you dislike?

I don't really have a dislike to the tool, more so a dislike of having SO many tools and not knowing what some are for or when appropriate to use, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Seems to be an easy enough tool to use. There are lots of different use cases it can be used for. For our company, it is great for communication and keeping everyone in the loop and a great tool to keep information for the future or for new hires, etc.

Sharepoint allows our company to house as many documents, files, etc. in one place so that anyone in our company can find it if necessary. The tool may solve communication issues and really just gives us more organization.

SharePoint review by André Z.
André Z.

"Included with Office 365"

What do you like best?

The product comes bundled with Office 365, meaning if you already have an O365 subscription you probably already have access to SharePoint Online.

What do you dislike?

It can be complicated at times. If you have never worked with SharePoint before it can do a lot of different things. At times it can be hard to setup or do just one small thing within SharePoint especially if you don't know what all the other features are.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You have to spend the time and effort to set it up properly otherwise it can seem very confusing and complicated. It is very powerful if you spend the time to get it right.

This works as a server replacement in many cases. The business can move from a typical file server to online. There is a lot of other collaboration functionality included which can be very helpful as well but usually as a start I begin with file sharing.

SharePoint review by Lan Anh T.
Lan Anh T.

"A great tool for collaboration"

What do you like best?

Pretty easy to navigate (always depend on how it is built). Easy to upload, edit and remove documents. Again depends on how it is customized, it can be made very colorful and pretty. I havent had any incidents regarding data lost or replaced, but I have heard other people that had some

What do you dislike?

I havent found out a way to lock documents, sometimes people add a few duplicated ones. I have had incidents that people come in and edit documents and accidentally added a duplicated one. From time to time we have to maintain the site by doing data cleanup. Internet access is another problem. You cannot upload, update or make changes to the files without internet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Since it is a great tool for collaboration, I do recommend it for office use. I'm not sure what it goes in terms of pricing, but almost every business uses it anyway. I am also not ad administrator, so I have no idea how you can build and customize it.

we use it for pretty much everything. People seem to prefer it over our shared drive. The best benefit is that as an administrator, you can grant access to certain people and exclude others. The only disadvantage I have had so far is it depends on network, same as other cloud- based tools. You need very stable network, whether at home or office, to get access and to use the site.

SharePoint review by Artur R.
Artur R.

"Lots of features but can be complex to setup well"

What do you like best?

Sharepoint has lots of built features, security and settings to create an internal intranet or customer facing website. Plus it has various add-ons available on the MS Store site to allow new or specific features to be added to suit your business requirements.

We have as part of our Office 365 subscription and ties in nicely with all the other Microsoft tools, websites etc.

What do you dislike?

The complexity of setting up a Sharepoint site makes it harder to achieve a 100% suitable solution. Plus the built in designs are a little basic and some content parts require additional plugins like Silverlight which isn't on many devices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sign up to a trial for Sharepoint Online and see if it can do what you want. Check the MS Store for Add-Ons to see what may solve your problem and associated cost. To make it easier to look good and add extra content easily check out ShortPoint.

We moved our internally developed intranet site to SharePoint to allow faster changes and better security/access to certain information. With a few add-ons it will also provide additional features to help our staff get information quicker, or allow creation of workflows to automate certain tasks.

SharePoint review by Jeff L.
Jeff L.

"This is a team environment, but it gets a little crowded."

What do you like best?

Love the ability to create the unique environments for dedicated teams all with access to the suite of Microsoft O365 tools. Great sharing ability, with team members or visitors. Permissions are feature packed and simple to set up. Syncing document libraries have never been easier and work just like OneDrive file syncing. So many options, so many ways to customize and make unique to your team.

What do you dislike?

Customizing the code is frustrating; I personally think the out-of-the-box design is horrid, and think it absolutely necessary to customize the interface. So get out SharePoint designer or Visual Studio, because without that you have no real option to modify the appearance. Sure you can change the theme, to another theme that practically looks the same with a few slight modifications. Also, the search function is always troubling. Often requiring changes to the search schema and profiles in the root admin; this is a pain in the backside.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it is a great tool when used properly. I would suggest that you research some other options until they make the design interface much more intui9tive to control; unless your a web developer with the time to manage this.

Team organization and project management. The ability to work and share files with smaller more deliberate groups.

SharePoint review by Andrew W.
Andrew W.

"Document Sharing via SharePoint"

What do you like best?

I like that it serves as a central source for teams to store all of their documents and data that they are working on. It makes it easy to share documents with other members of your team without having to email them and have them get lost in a cluttered inbox.

What do you dislike?

Finding a document on SharePoint can sometimes be a task if you don't know exactly where it is because all the folders get cluttered and the search functionality isn't always the best tool.

We are using SharePoint as a document sharing platform for current and past work that has been done for various projects. I find it useful having just joined this new team to be able to go back and look at previous tasks that are similar to mine to get a feel for how to go about completing them and having examples to look back at for formatting and what information needs to be included.

SharePoint review by Josbeb D C.
Josbeb D C.

"SharePoint The Software for Teamwork"

What do you like best?

It allows you to work from anywhere without being in the office with your team members or visitors. Access to the Microsoft O365 toolset. The access to the permits is packaged and its configuration is very easy. On the other hand, Synchronization of the document library has never been easier and more functional, as well as the synchronization of OneDrive files. The accessibility of the information that is needed to perform my daily tasks. Its design is very easy to understand. One of its biggest advantages is the ease with which I can share the link and create the flow, so I know when the file is approved and ready to move on.

What do you dislike?

At the time of using the program the code disappoints, coupled with this, the design that is going to be used is unpleasant, you have to customize the interface, it does not have a real option which allows me to change the appearance, you can change the theme to a similar one with minor modifications, the search function is alarming because it often requires changes to the search schema and profiles in the root administrator; which is a nuisance.

When you must edit the sheets in Excel in line with Share Point, it does not allow me to use the features you have because they are not available. If I want to share the document with another user, authorization must be requested from the owner, as long as the user is not configured in the folder.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest that you look for other tools or options until the design interface is much more intuitive to control; unless you are a web developer with time to manage this. If the product is used for the first time, let the product speak.

Because of the experience SharePoint has had since he was with a company that used it for the first time. I would recommend to continue using it, because it has good It has good characteristics. As the program evolves it presents excellent features, when using Sharepoint, take note of how the company has stored its information in it and make sure that the routes to access important documents are noticed, so that there are no problems to find the information that is needed.

We can access the files anywhere and we can edit files together in real time so there are no version problems. I used Sharepoint as a point of reference to keep up with the company's policies and procedures. It allowed a "one-stop shop" to obtain each and every one of the questions that I could have encountered during my daily work tasks. On the other hand, sharepoint 2013 is used both for internal processes and for customers. We do invoice processing for our clients. SharePoint scales very well and adding new clients is so simple that we have been able to do almost completely with PowerShell scripting.

SharePoint review by Emil S.
Emil S.

"A solid project based website tool"

What do you like best?

SharePoint provides an easy to assemble and navigate template for any project website, which allows a project team to have a centralized point of data, communication, and other information. The adaptability of the program allows it to be fit to purpose for specific project needs.

What do you dislike?

The search function could use definite improvement. If you don't know specifically how to find what you are looking for through the various menu options, the search function is not nearly as helpful at getting you there as it should be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are easy to find guides, manuals, and help resources online. If your company, for example, outsources its information technology department, it will likely be more timely to search for solutions yourself rather than wait for someone possibly a continent away to help you.

It provides universal access to critical project information, which has proven beneficial to our workshare efforts by providing access to the same information for offices located across the globe. Emailing massive files across multiple time zones is painful, and getting the necessary local network file access to other offices is an IT nightmare. SharePoint provides a solution to these issues.

SharePoint review by Indi S.
Indi S.

"Sharepoint is very useful tool for collaboration and basic document management"

What do you like best?

Eliminating collaborating on documents through emails - this greatly increases productivity within organization. Since it is Microsoft product, navigation and look and feel as very user friendly, similar to what's on Windows desktop machines. Use of product is very straightforward, although administration might become little trickier. Provides good document management for the price - most use cases will be covered, although in regulated industries it won't meet requirements for document management, but works great for intranets for sharing knowledge base materials across large workforce, making easy access and navigation to the latest documents, be it knowledge articles/SOPs etc.

What do you dislike?

Although nearly all the content management features in SharePoint can be customized to reflect the content management needs, SharePoint still offers very basic content management functionality compared to other, purpose build software. Version control is very basic.

To make the most of SharePoint, you usually have to do a lot of planning. If this step is missing, you will get lots of frustrated users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Administration and extending OTB SharePoint functionality might become costly very soon, especially considering for larger organizations almost definitely a need to tailor SharePoint to their business use case, the total costs should be taken into consideration.

Eliminates documents sent through email, saves paper printing them, because available online for all parties. Views are shareable snapshots of related documents. Quickly find all the documents for a specific project, documents that require review and approval or new uploads by colleagues. Securing content and basic Document Life Cycle management.

SharePoint review by Jose A.
Jose A.

"Office 365 Sharepoint Review"

What do you like best?

I think it is a great collaboration tool. I think the best way to use a tool like Sharepoint is for document control management and Intranets.

What do you dislike?

I think that Microsoft should develop its own set of tools to manipulate a SharePoint site easily. There are 3rd party tools available but it is always better to use Microsoft propietary software that offers better support and training options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend to consider using SharePoint as part of Office365. Sharepoint on premises as well as exchange may not have the longevity that everyone expects.

Internal communications have been enhanced by using SharePoint as a collaboration tool, our company uses it as an Intranet where people can review the latest news, access documentation, forms, etc. It is a great tool when you prefer a more visual approach to communications rather than traditional e-mails.

SharePoint review by Michael K.
Michael K.

"Highly configurable document management system"

What do you like best?

When we were evaluating a software system to help us better manage our documents, SharePoint was our choice due to the tight integration with the Microsoft Suite and its highly configurable architecture. When configured correctly, the tool speeds up searching speed and allows for intelligent tagging of documents to make them easier to find.

What do you dislike?

Organizations will find that out-of-the-box SharePoint will not likely meet their needs, so whether it is third-party tool or internal customization, be aware you will need to do something. A little tricky to deploy as well, and right now the on-premise install seems to be getting phased out, and it appears some of the functionality is missing in the cloud deployment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to have some growing pains, particularly with user acceptance.

Managing our documents, reducing duplication, increasing the speed of finding documents. We were having some big problems managing our documents through the traditional file server system, so we wanted a solution that integrated with our MS Office suite of products, and SharePoint was the chosen solution.

SharePoint review by Melissa K.
Melissa K.

"Great for teams to work together, create custom forms and configure them to work in WorkFlows."

What do you like best?

The OOTB applications and content types makes it easier to create custom sites, site pages, subsites forms and libraries.

What do you dislike?

It is not user friendly for non-IT personnel. Some of the functionality can be complex. Errors result when breaking permissions from the parent and end users are not cognizant of what they are doing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are going to break inheritance of parent permissions, use groups and assign roles to those groups instead of assigning individual permissions.

If you cannot access SharePoint when using IE browser, clear the cache of the browser, refresh and try again. If not, use another browser such as Chrome.

When creating a custom form in SharePoint Designer, do not use required fields. Sometimes, when testing, these will give the illusion that it is not working. Do not make any fields required until you are prepared to test it fully.

Do not use the default library if and when you see it on a page. It will "break" when you attempt to customize the library. Create a library from scratch by going to "create an app".

I work as a help desk for a large SharePoint farm for a government organization. They use SharePoint for a variety of things such as filling out forms, submitting and archiving government documents. Employees also use SharePoint for external use to the public. The customer consumes SharePoint for internal social media reasons, such as announcing retirements, and consume SharePoint for more sophisticated purposes such as metrics of personnel using their services as well as documenting productivity of employees.

SharePoint review by Diego M.
Diego M.

"Jack of all trades, in ECM space"

What do you like best?

SharePoint Libraries provide a host of features to easily store, modify, group, filter, and capture essential data that you can later search and create another sharing portal for your peers.

A library allows team members to collaboratively create, collect, update, and manage files. With SharePoint, you have access to a number of default library apps already preconfigured for specific purposes. We can use these default library apps to create new libraries.

With those features in place, having geographically dispersed teams working together to collaborate are as easy as having them in the same office. By having everything at once in once place, it's easy to follow-up shared calendars, project management tracks and review standards and documents shared accross the team.

What do you dislike?

While having all the features, the GUI still based out of office like style. That offers a par experience on social and more advanced collaboration features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you trial it first and have a good pricing from the Sharepoint provider. most of the times retail price tag for it is far from the real market value.

Solving all the problems make it looks fantastic, but more than that, Sharepoint helps on the collaboration when members of the team are spread throughout the globe.

SharePoint review by Héctor Hernán B.
Héctor Hernán B.

"SharePoint 2013 is a great collaboration tool, but still has some minor issues"

What do you like best?

-Easy to setup and start using a SharePoint

-What you see is what you get (WYSIWYG) functionality is awesome since you are seeing in real-time how your SharePoint may look like

-When used in Microsoft's web browser it looks beautiful

-The built in web search tool is a great tool to find specific content.

What do you dislike?

-Not 100% compatible with other browsers (like Google Chrome)

-Even when it is used in Microsoft Web Browsers, it feels a bit slow, like if it is not fully optimized, for example changing from one set of tools to another can take 2 seconds, and this is not a connectivity problem, but the way SharePoint is coded

-Some error or warning messages are very vague, since they don't provide enough detail to understand what has happened

-The built in web search tool needs to be more robust and complete

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a company with Microsoft ecosystem, then obviously this is the solution to go, since it seamlessly integrates with other Microsoft products like Windows OS and Microsoft Office

Just be advised that seems that Microsoft has not optimized SharePoint to its full, since sometimes there are lags or delays

-share information across the company in an easier way (rather than sharing via email, share folders, etc)

-Implement Knowledge Management sites where several guides, documents and training material can be placed

-As a repository for always up-to-date documentation and guides, since the hyperlinks do not change when a file is updated (unless the filename is changed), then the hyperlinks are still valid

SharePoint review by Indars S.
Indars S.

"Best for basic content management"

What do you like best?

Affordability for very basic content management and collaboration requirements. Nicely integrates in all components if a company is pure Microsoft shop. Not as robust as advanced collaboration/ content management tools, but more then enough for basic needs. Attractive pricing on a product makes it more attractive then its competitors, although competitors in ECM space offer much more robust features that will be too much for smaller size enterprises. .

What do you dislike?

It is not offering in depth content management capabilities and if have to be advanced in house. If that's the case, it can become expensive. Other then that, pretty simple interface. Also out of box solution doesn;t offer much options to generate reports etc. But there is a lot of customized solutions that can help in these situations, albeit it has to be purchased. Also supporting Sharepoint once in use can get expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to calculate in the costs that will be associated with the third party solution integrations, if there is such need for specific functionality, because Sharepoint OTB functionality is very basic and for most uses, require customization to extend some functionality.

Content sharing and collaboration for smaller companies that don’t need advanced ecm capabilities. It nicely automates time-consuming manual processes within organization, thus improving productivity. Users have benefited from offered collaboration within a tool. Simultaneous document editing, basic versioning (avoiding sending documents through email) were the best benefits achieved by the tool.

SharePoint review by Abigail G.
Abigail G.

"Easy system to use to share information and documents"

What do you like best?

I like that things are so easy to upload into sharepoint to use across different audiences. we use sharepoint to share/review documents between departments rather than printing off and running back and forth

What do you dislike?

I would say something that could be improved on is sharepoints organization easier ability to make comments on documents and send them back to people.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend some sort of training when using SharePoint because if you are not familiar with the system it can be quite confusing. I think that have customer support would be something important to consider working on in order to improve the site. I think that for our companies internal use it is great, but I am wondering how beneficial it is from a company to customer stand point? I like how easily and quickly things can be uploaded but I also think that sorting the information on SharePoint could be looked at more.

We are solving problems of communication by having a central location to upload information. We have realized that is a good way to trouble shoot if information is missing if it not located in sharepoint

SharePoint review by Alejandro V.
Alejandro V.

"Useful, albeit heavy weight, collaborative tool"

What do you like best?

File versioning is extremely useful! It is so easy to share and manage documents through share point, specially when integrated properly utilizing Microsoft Team Foundation Server. I also like that it is not necessary to download the files for you to be able to look at and edit them, in most cases, whenever I need to look at these files I don't have access to Microsoft Office on a computer, so its really useful.

What do you dislike?

It is a bit too heavy for my liking - I usually like lightweight and easy to use, with not that many features, applications. Sharepoint has a lot of uses and features, which is what makes it very heavy, but I personally have no use for most of them.

If it weren't an entire business initiative then I would prefer other more lightweight solutions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set up access and permissions quickly and as soon as possible - if you have any integration with TFS, you need to set that up too.

Document sharing and information repository, handled together with Microsoft Team Foundation server. As a software development team, we need a document repository for all our technical documentation and other type of documents, so its useful to have it somewhere centralized where you can check who and when has made any edits.

SharePoint review by Nate P.
Nate P.

"Serviceable, but it's no Google Drive"

What do you like best?

The ability to have cloud-based documents that are true Microsoft Office documents in their native format is a great bonus. There is common-editing collaboration possibilities, as well.

What do you dislike?

Microsoft is clinging to their application-based past. The ability to take a document offline from the cloud for editing puts the user back into the hell of "locked for editing" like when multiple users have access to documents in a shared network drive. The point of sharepoint is to keep documents live and in the cloud, for collaborative editing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Insist that others only edit documents online. It completely destroys the point of cloud based collaboration when one person can lock a document for editing by taking it offline.

We track multiple processes through sharepoint. We utilize Microsoft Excel Forms for our client intake, and utilize the back end spreadsheet document to analyze the data provided and share it quickly. We collaborate on shared task lists via sharepoint, and utilize the cloud file storage to work together to create online repositories of like documents.

SharePoint review by Uros O.
Uros O.

"Knowledge base for business."

What do you like best?

My work position is very dynamic we have lot's of procedures that are constantly being changed, and we are keeping the track of all those changes on SharePoint. I love the look of SharePoint and how easy it is to set up a page from scratch.

What do you dislike?

There is really nothing to dislike about SharePoint it is made pretty well and pretty user-friendly, Except maybe there should be more templates available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you own an Office 365 subscription you should definitely try SharePoint out, it can be useful for troubleshooting documentation and for any kind of documentation or procedural documents to be shared with the team.

We store all the procedures and all the documentation on SharePoint, we use it daily to check if something got changed or if something new has been added to our SharePoint pages.

SharePoint review by Kendra B.
Kendra B.

"Great document management and collaboration platform"

What do you like best?

I have used Sharepoint in almost every position I have held. What I like best about Sharepoint is that it is mature with vast partner ecosystem for specialized add-ons. Greatly improved usability. Best-in-class security and compliance features. Workflow flexibility with SharePoint Apps and Microsoft Flow. Available standalone or as part of several Microsoft Office 365 subscription tiers. Microsoft SharePoint Online is the gold standard for document management and its usability has improved dramatically over the last few years. Couple that with a very impressive set of compliance tools and Microsoft SharePoint Online is an easy pick for multiple companies to utilize.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about Sharepoint is that multiple aspects of installation require IT-level expertise it is also more expensive than the competition.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is the best. A little pricey but worth it.

I am a records management specialist, therefore, I use Sharepoint daily several times a day. I can share documents with multiple co-workers in seconds. I love this.

SharePoint review by Laura B.
Laura B.

"SharePoint...A Great Collaboration tool"

What do you like best?

Alert settings ensure updates are read. It eliminates the excuse "I didn't know there was an update" Any time a change is made, the automatic alert sends an email message (based on your settings) to all participants that a change was made.

What do you dislike?

Does not allow color coding on calendars. We use calendar overlays to enhance the various types of events which wouldn't be necessary if we could color code each event as its entered. Instead we have to ensure the event is added to a particular calendar to have it highlighted and then view the calendar with the overlays.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't wait!

SharePoint replaced our entire intranet. It provides departments access to information, updates, forms, events, calendars, and procedures. The OneDrive app has also made it easier to collaborate on policy and forms changes in real time which had greatly reduced time to implementation.

SharePoint review by Ramon L.
Ramon L.

"Collaboration and Process Automation for the Business Globally"

What do you like best?

Flexibility, multi-language, multi-region. Great add-on products available like Nintex.

It's a very extensive and robust product, that works on company of all sizes from small to very big companies.

What do you dislike?

Note being able to move lists, content around different sites with out of the box tools as good as Content Matrix. This type of functionality should be within the product, other providers come in with better tools it's strange.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool out of the box but it's best if used with other add-on products like Nintex and Content Matrix and that cost will add up to your investment but it will be a great return for it, you will be able to have multiple solutions and process automation in that environment, the cost savings is very big as projects get implemented there.

Process automation, process optimization, content storage, ECM.

SharePoint review by Douglas E.
Douglas E.

"20th Century Technology in the 21st Century"

What do you like best?

It is a versioned, secure application for teams to share files and other collaborative information

What do you dislike?

It's clunky, customization is anything but intuitive and very dated technology.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would first consider a wiki based tool that would be vastly more use friendly, more easily navigated, require less training and overall get better adoption and satisfaction. SharePoint was really cool when it was new but it has long since been leap-frogged by any number of wiki tools like Atlasssian's Confluence, which we also use.

We use SharePoint as our internal information sharing portal. We are a technology company and use SharePoint to store versioned copies of architecture, run-books, processes and procedures, compliance related documents and all other "official" type documents. The benefit is anyone (authorized) can access the info and all changes are versioned so we can always trace changes.

SharePoint review by Mayank N.
Mayank N.

"Perfect for all your online document management"

What do you like best?

All contents being on cloud, Scope of extension/scalability is very high.

Creating a new site/directory is very easy and manageable. Nice access approval system to any sharepoint directory or site. Users need to request the access before using the website or owner can manage how and whom to give access when creating the site.

Syncing the sharepoint content is a nice feature. Once downloaded, do all your task from that copy. This will be automatically send updates when any changes made or the local copy auto updates after sharepoint changes by other users.

Sharing any kind of document becomes much easier.

Search is very fast across the whole website.

Ability to share with users outside the organization.

What do you dislike?

Syncing takes more and more when usage of the site increase. Scope of improvement in search functionality by displaying the main headings and contents effectively.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The way sharepoint changed in past few years, was amazing. Very nice tool and highly recommended for document management over cloud.

Process automated. Increased efficiency of business requirement sharing and access. Website management is very easier with latest changes.

SharePoint review by Tom C.
Tom C.

"Review of SharePoint Platform"

What do you like best?

I primarily use SharePoint as a data system for tracking project management information. I like the layout of the the platform and the ability to customize views according to the information being portrayed. I also enjoy being able to collaborate with users who are not employed by the same company. This function allows me to interact with hundreds of individuals from different partners at the same time.

What do you dislike?

At times, SharePoint can be difficult to work with depending on a user's knowledge of the platform. Given the variety of individuals that enter information into my SharePoint site, I have to facilitate training sessions so that users limit entry errors. The whole concept of creating and customizing views is great for those that know how to use it, but for an occasional user it can be overwhelming. I also think that Microsoft needs to integrate SharePoint and Outlook better so that the calendar and other features are all linked together. I think that reminders and events occurring in SharePoint would be better attended if users could see them through their Outlook profiles.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SharePoint is a solid platform for storing and managing documents, files, or systems with a wide array of people. Ensure that it is set-up exactly to your standards and criteria before implementation. It can be hard to change your systems and processes once they are already in place.

SharePoint has allowed me to solve data entry and management issues. The ability to set parameters and boundaries on what can be entered into the system has led to less errors and variability in my data. The benefits of this are that I spend less time and resources to correct other peoples mistakes. It has also led to better file management and collaboration among users working on the same things. If there is ever a question on where to find supporting documentation, its easy to direct someone to SharePoint and let them locate it themselves.

SharePoint review by Anne S.
Anne S.

"The point of sharing "

What do you like best?

The best feature is the ability to access multiple document sources within a unified, secure location. Versus having to search through a hard drive for the most updated document, sharepoint centralizes the documents with their latest version so there is no guesswork. I appreciate the levels of ability for users to access or update records as well so there is no issue with important documents being updated incorrectly or even removed without accurate permissions.

I also greatly appreciate the ability to work Remotely and assess all sharepoint documents without issue.

What do you dislike?

The only downfall would be trying to access a document when another user is updating the document. The flip side to this is the information was needing to be updated and will have the latest information. However, it can be an issue if needs are imperative.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Awesome option for storing secure company documents.

We use sharepoint to update and store a variety of documents that are accessed globally. The benefits of real time updates have been most beneficial. We also appreciate the data security that is provided for our proprietary documents.

SharePoint review by Elizabeth H.
Elizabeth H.

"An intutive , easy to use team collaboration software"

What do you like best?

Sharepoint is a higest rated , valuable software in our organisation. It is a cloud based hosting shared files collaboration. You can use this as a network storage with additional purchased spaces as needed.SharePoint is great for file sharing especially when you do not have a collaborative file that everyone can contribute to at the same time.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I miss the advanced search option here. it can get a little clustered and unorganized. Sharing files with external users can also be difficult if they are not familiar with the platform and how it works.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, If you are implementing Office365, it will come with most licenses. I wouldn't let SharePoint be the deciding factor between using Office 365 or not, but it's pretty nice to have it there.

Using Sharepoint , We uploaded share data is large documents.With SharePoint, we were able to replace our in house server and allow employees to work from outside the office when they need to.

SharePoint review by Jana M.
Jana M.

"A robust program for internal use "

What do you like best?

It's a very robust program with organizational features such as document libraries, calendars, and project management tools. Sharepoint is used as our company's intranet system and most documents and communication are filtered through our site.

What do you dislike?

A little too robust. It can sometimes be difficult to use on Macs and will time out with an error screen, losing whatever information or document that was uploaded. It doesn't have the best project management resources and it's not aesthetically pleasing or intuitive. It takes a while to get used to the different functions and how to get to them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would not recommend Sharepoint for Mac users for obvious reasons, this is a Microsoft tool and can be cumbersome on the Mac platform. It's great for organizing documents, internal communication, and overall visibility between departments within a company.

Communication, document viewing and sharing, and project management.

It is great to have everyone in the company utilizing the same program and having this program as tool to communicate and collaborate on projects. It's also helpful that you can link your Outlook account to Sharepoint for notifications or calendar updates.

SharePoint review by ines g.
ines g.

"not worthy "

What do you like best?

the similarity to all microsoft products, the essence is on it. colours and lines are ok

What do you dislike?

i cannot work it, is not so easy to use. i have it at my mobile, on the web, and so on, but there are sometimes that you cannot upgrade the changes done, or it moves on to the other sites, and collapses the other programs you are using. is not friendly usage, i feel i am not doing well with it, so i left it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I do not recommend a program that i can not use it properly. maybe is not my right tool, but at least i have tried, i hope i could give more chances but the problem is the time is important, and if i must to work it, i rather prefer to use some other program that gives me the funcionalities on a easier way. time is gold... isnt it?

it is supposed for share all the information between the team and with the management, but... it is not solving it right now

SharePoint review by Riddhika J.
Riddhika J.

"Great Group integration tool"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that we as a group can store the documents at one place, edit it together and access it from anywhere irrespective of VPN access (which was the case with LOTUS NOTES). One of the neat feature is ease with with I can share the link and create the flow so I know when the file is approved and ready to move forward.

What do you dislike?

Some of the points I dislike:

-When editing the Excel sheets online with share Point, full features of excel are not available.

-You have to always seek permission from the owner if you want to share document with somebody who is not set up in the folder.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please try and let the product do the talking.

We are using share point to organize and collaborate all of our R&D efforts. I like the ease with which I can explore an find the stuff as compared to notes where finding a workplace was big task in itself let alone sharing, uploading or editing

SharePoint review by Megan Z.
Megan Z.

"Taking a lot of work to get to where we need to be, but the upfront maintenance will be worth it"

What do you like best?

The security is what will work best for me. I was previously using google docs to share and update work and the security wasn't what I needed. I'm still working through organizing and setting the data/metadata/tags/etc., but I think it will function great once we are rolling with it. I like how I can have others in the same security level access my documents without having to share them, but how I can also share out a single document at a time for those that shouldn't have full access into my other work.

What do you dislike?

We have had a lot of complaints from staff who are searching for documents. Working in education, there are many acronyms and multiple groups referencing similar information, so they are finding that they may be searching for something that isn't tagged the way they are thinking about it, and then having trouble accessing the data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It will be worth the initial input and tagging of documents. It seems like a lot of work on the front end, but will help with ease and organization in the longrun.

Security has been the biggest obstacle for us that were are able to overcome with the different security levels that can be assigned through folders. We are working on taking all of our files for our entire school district and transferring them into SharePoint. Once we have an organizational system that people are used to, this will be a much more efficient place to keep data as our source of truth on documents.

SharePoint review by Julie P.
Julie P.

"SharePoint"

What do you like best?

I love using Sharepoint, as its a great place to collaborate with colleagues and share documents. Its a great place to upload documents for internal use while organzing them efficiently. SharePoint has plenty of space to store documents. I love you can access it from any website.

What do you dislike?

It takes some time to learn how to use SharePoint, as it isnt easy right away. Once you figure it out, then its pretty easy

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend others using SharePoint as its great to communicate with others, store documents, and organize documents within the site. Plus, SharePoint has a lot of storage.

We keep all of our internal documents and processes in SharePoint. We also request professional development and projects on SharePoints. Its efficient to store documents and communicae to your colleagues.

SharePoint review by Heather R.
Heather R.

"Great for Companies Who Already Use Microsoft"

What do you like best?

Probably my favorite feature is being able to link a file in an email so it is a live document vs a static document. Being able to edit documents together in real time is also a highlight for me. We use SharePoint and Teams so everything is integrated together. I really like how it is setup and that I can access SharePoint anywhere so I can be out of the office and still have access to shared files. It is nice to be able to sync the files to your computer as well. It makes it 10x easier to handle documents and not have to worry about versioning issues.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any major dislikes. The biggest thing would probably be the learning curve if you haven't worked with SharePoint before. It isn't too hard, but it will take some time to learn how it functions as far as where things are located.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SharePoint has come a long way since I was with a company who first used it. Even if you have previous experience, I would recommend taking another look. It has some great features. It doesn't seem as clunky as it used to be. I would take time to really consider the pros and cons vs another solution before deciding.

SharePoint has helped us solve many issues. We are able to access files anywhere and we are able to edit files together in real time so there aren't any versioning issues. If you've ran into the issues before, you know what a benefit that can be for a company.

SharePoint review by Nada Chan, C.
Nada Chan, C.

"Serves its purpose but not the easiest to use"

What do you like best?

You can store a lot of different files and work on them at the same time. you are also able to work remotely.

What do you dislike?

Difficult to build new pages, lots of constrictions, need experts to be able to make pages look the way you want it to. UI of pages aren't great. Working from the word online version is good because you can have multiple users edit it at the same time, but once you open it in the real word, there's conflicts, etc. that you have to go resolve. Searching doesn't tell you which folder you've put a file in. It's hard to find anything. There's always glitches where views don't work the way it's supposed to, files are housed in the wrong places, etc. Files don't open up properly on iphones, etc. for the executives so you still have to download files and attach to emails. Can't drag and drop email attachments, have to download then upload into SharePoint, it's annoying.

Ability to work remotely and ability to share files with a large group - more collaborative.

SharePoint review by Seth P.
Seth P.

"SharePoint Review"

What do you like best?

As someone who works in a different office than the rest of my development team, I like the fact that we can all access the same files and edit them and save them as needed. It also allows us all to stay to task, as well as keep things neat and tidy so we aren't left scrounging for files.

What do you dislike?

SharePoint is not always the most user friendly product out there. Without proper training, or prior experience, it can definitely be difficult navigating and finding what you're looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find someone who has used the product before and ask them for guidance to see if it's the right choice for your organization.

As stated before, we are able to all access the same files and folders even though we work in different offices and locations. It makes our life much easier rather than emailing back and forth, and using up Inbox space.

SharePoint review by Ashlee C.
Ashlee C.

"Amazing Resources for Sharing"

What do you like best?

It is easy to share and collaborate on different file types utilizing SharePoint with users inside or outside of your organization.

What do you dislike?

There are several members of my organization who find Google Docs to be more user friendly, however, there are many features that are not available with Google Docs (such as the ability to seamlessly interact with Teams and many formatting options).

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is extremely valuable in organizations that value sharing and collaboration. Google Docs is a valid alternative, but SharePoint definitely has advantages for those already utilizing other Microsoft products.

The first problem that we are solving utilizing SharePoint is having a stable platform for sharing multiple files. We can now share entire folders of files in several methods - with just specific members of our organization, whole groups within our organization, or the public. The second problem that we are solving utilizing SharePoint is having a stable platform for collaboration. It is very common that groups collaborate in real time or asynchronously on shared files or utilizing linked tools, such as Teams, to facilitate collaboration with SharePoint files.

SharePoint review by Sarina C.
Sarina C.

"Sarina's review on SharePoint "

What do you like best?

I like that you can have a central area where files and updates can be shared with an overall team.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was more consistency on how things were setup. Every sharepoint that I have seen is different although I understand that it also may be a plus for the overall program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendation would be to play in the SharePoint application to understand what you want your site to look so. It will allow you to better understand how what options are available for a sharepoint site. This will help you setup your sharepoint site to the best of your ability and what is necessary for your project. It is also a better idea to read through a jobaid so you fully understand the different capabilities that sharepoint can offer. Oftentimes, I see other sharepoint users using a website in a different capacity that I had used for my projects and was not aware that the program was capable of doing different settings. Another recommendation would be to see how others have setup their sharepoint sites to get an idea of what you would like your page to look like and not to look like. You should also understand the overall needs of yourself and others that are using the page. Often, I find myself frustrated with the way others have setup their site and opt not to use it if I have the option. Which I am sure ends up being a waste of time for the original person that set it up if people aren't using it.

We utilize sharepoint for larger programs that with multiple stakeholders. It allows us to update our milestones and allow the entire team to see our updates while also sharing files.

SharePoint review by Brandon M.
Brandon M.

"Great for team access to online files"

What do you like best?

SharePoint allows me to upload documents and grant access to whomever needs to view the documents. We are able to monitor access to the data and see what changes have been made

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product

SharePoint is a powerful tool that can help a organization manage files and access to those files.

Some files are too large to send via email and with SharePoint, I can upload the document and then email the path to the file to whomever needs to view the file.

SharePoint review by Trey J.
Trey J.

"Helpful when communicating with other users"

What do you like best?

We utilize this program to convey information about a mutual client we are going to see. It is helpful for us to visually see the information in writing, and this allows the other company to accurately convey any concerns they may have. It is also useful in regards to ensuring all the information we receive is accurate due to them being able to outline the information.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes It does not populate to our end right away. It delays a little longer than expected.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very effective if there are two companies who must share the same information about an individual or situation.

We are solving the business problem of communication from one company to another. It is beneficial to have this program implemented to communicate everything that is needed.

SharePoint review by Elizabeth B.
Elizabeth B.

"Sharepoint is Still Somewhat Flawed, but Over All a GREAT Tool"

What do you like best?

Having our data housed in a cloud based location that allows anyone on my staff to access it from anywhere is one of the single greatest advancements we have had as a company. We are also Office 365 users, so the integration between email and Sharepoint is fantastic. It's so easy to have one portal with one login that gets you to all of your data.

What do you dislike?

The few things I dislike are from the administrator end, I think the admin portal is visually not attractive, and is not that easy to navigate. It isn't all that intuitive. Fortunately for us, we have an IT partner that we work with to administer this anyways, but, for the few things that I do on my end administratively, I really would prefer that it be easier to navigate and be more intuitive.

The other feature I dislike is that we have versioning turned on, so any time you upload something, you then have to go check it in. And there is no manner in which to do this with a bulk application. So if you are uploading a folder with 20 files in it, for example, you have to then go and individually check in each of those 20 items. Which is really quite ridiculous, there should be some sort of mass option you can utilize.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great option, especially for a company already using other products on Microsoft's such as Office 365. It is hugely beneficial to have so much of our software connected in one spot like that. Also, a certain amount of Sharepoint storage space is provided with each Office365 license, so, in our case, we actually dind't need to purchase any additional storage at all, all we had to do is enlist our IT partner to set up our Sharepoint sites for us. Otherwise, it was of no extra cost to us, which, you can't beat!

Prior to Sharepoint our data was housed on site, so any time the internet was down, or power was out, we were unable to work and there was nothing we could do about it. Two days after moving to Sharepoint, we had a building power outage, and we were able to send everyone off site to work elsewhere, and ended up suffering very little impact on productivity for the day. It has given us amazing flexibility, as well as the comfort of knowing if our office suffered some sort of natural disaster, we would still have access to the data we needed to run our business.

SharePoint review by Matt M.
Matt M.

"Review of Sharepoint"

What do you like best?

One of the features that I like about SharePoint is the ability to check out and modify documents. The great part of this feature is only one person can "check out" a document. This solves the problem of multiple people making changes to a document at the same time. With only one person able to make changes, this is a great feature. Especially when you have several people all working on the same document.

What do you dislike?

One of the things I dislike about SharePoint is the is the overall look and appeal of the software. IT seems to be very bland and boring in terms of appeal. This could be something that is customizable, and my company has just chosen to go with a simple solution, but I would hope there are other options that are more mordern in terms of font, graphics, etc. I also wish there was an ability to link documents to one another when there needs to be a relationship shown with files that are part of different folders.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend other companies to use SharePoint is they are looking for a reliable document management system. IT does a great job of keeping a simple solution, yet having a high number of features that set the product aside from other companies.

The business problem I use SharePoint to solve is the document management tool with multiple departments comprised of several individuals. I have realized this is a great benefit in terms of sharing documents and information with several different areas of the business.

SharePoint review by Ashley F.
Ashley F.

"Great platform for sharing team documents"

What do you like best?

Once you set up a sharepoint "site" to your liking, you can organize, arrange, and share files in a very easy way. It provides real time collaboration and allows you to edit documents with team members. Creating folders for each department at our organization has been very useful, and you can set permission rights. Sharing documents through the Sharepoint platform is SO EASY and you can track changes and add comments. We also use Sharepoint to display data, which is key.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is costly for small organizations to get started with Sharepoint because of the site development aspect. Spending money on planning and implementation of the site set-up is key, though! In order to reorganize files, you must use Internet Explorer to move documents, which isn't that convenient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be alarmed by the implementation costs- proper research, organization and development of your organization's file system is crucial for a successful Sharepoint experience. It is worth it in the end, especially for nonprofits who can use Sharepoint for free.

We are able to store and share important documents without having to use a server. Our staff is more organized, and can collaborate faster and more efficiently with this platform. Sharepoint is crucial to our organization's success.

SharePoint review by Joshua L.
Joshua L.

"SharePoint has always been great"

What do you like best?

The ease of multiple people able to access the same materials no matter the device used. Especially useful for huge files with thousands of formulas and a number of macros, using SharePoint makes sharing files so much easier than trying to email back and forth. It also help others track progress and version control of the files used.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the larger files take awhile to upload. Additionally, I wish it was easier to see who has access to the particular site, maybe it is an Accenture specific problem, but there are multiple times when I needed to access a site and I was denied. It took too much effort to find the right person to grant me the access needed. Finally, while using the Excel for Online function is useful, it generally only works half of the time, and the other half I just had to actually download the file itself and then upload again.

Mainly providing documentation for any employee to see (if granted accessed). Mainly used in auditing situations, SharePoint has allowed us to point to certain links and areas for the auditors, this helps streamline the auditing efforts and quickly point to any inaccuracies that need to be fixed asap.

SharePoint review by Radomir S.
Radomir S.

"Good place for bigger companies"

What do you like best?

This tool is highly adaptable and in my opinion this is one of the biggest benefits.

You can create your own, huge, internal portal for the employees. And when you learn once how to administrate it then its quite easy to use.

For normal user I will say it's not hard to use it.

Another big advantage is security. SharePoint is safe out of the box - when using with hosting option.

Also, you can use it on your own dedicated server.

What do you dislike?

You need to spend some time with portal based on SharePoint to use it easily.

Some of integrated components looks like from past era of web and although SharePoint is highly customizable, some of his parts cannot be easily changed (visually)

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is great tool for collaborations in larger companies.

We use it not only for business types of stuff but also to integrate a little bit more.

If you are working in a big company like 1000 - 2000 people, then its hard to know whats new happen, and here in my opinion SharePoint its really helpful.

Communication in fast growing, large companies, where not all people meet each other face to face.

When you need an stable, easily accessible place to storage important data like guides, information about events, company, other employees or contractors.

This is one huge base of information which you can quite easily administrate. Not only to manage the content but also to determine who can get access to what - thanks to user roles

SharePoint review by Cece H.
Cece H.

"File organization is great, SharePoint site management could be beefed up"

What do you like best?

Having browser-based access to all of our shared Microsoft Office documents is great and it's really easy to add members to different groups. There is great flexibility in customizing the layout of your SharePoint homepage. I really like that my team has one place they know to go as a launchpad to news, information, and links to other systems we use on a daily basis.

What do you dislike?

However, syncing cloud documents an working on them through native desktop apps is a bit clunky and challenging as a Mac user. Becuase I'm not 100% confident in that interaction, I find myself working completely out of the web-based version, albeit with limited functionality compared to the native applications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Having a strong, technologically savvy global administrator is really important! Because each SharePoint site can have its own admin, having a more global administrator who is charged with troubleshooting issues or spearheading strategy has proved invaluable. I like having access to Sharepoint on the go! The mobile applications make it easy to access content when I'm away from my desktop.

Team collaboration is huge! With employees all over the country, we needed one centralized, digital resource where everyone could have access to self-service information.

SharePoint review by Sarah R.
Sarah R.

"Not ideal for our purposes"

What do you like best?

Sharepoint has some of the familiar features I like with something like Google Drive; shared access to files, the ability to edit Microsoft documents in a web browser, and sharing.

What do you dislike?

To be honest, we have not been able to pinpoint a reason why we should use Sharepoint vs. storing documents on a shared drive. I also find the sharing features to be more cumbersome than Google Drive. It also doesn't provide the oomph we need on a finance team. For example, I typically have to open a Sharepoint Excel document in Excel anyway because it's too large to edit in Sharepoint.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it's great for teams that don't have large files to share. Great tool for company resources or intranet

It does allow for easy sharing and access of documents for our company. All of the documents that exist on our company's intranet are shared via Sharepoint. It's also nice to have a Sharepoint area to share files or folders with colleagues. We also use it on our finance team to distribute an editable close schedule.

SharePoint review by User

"Good but could be better"

What do you like best?

First of all, I have to mention the efficiency of the archives system. Being able to add the sharepoint carpet directly on you computer saves a lot of time, since you don't need to even open the internet and lose time going to the sharepoint page. But what if you don't want to have it on your computer, or you're working from another PC? Then you go to sharepoint and open the document directly on the computer, and when you finish it saves automatically on the sharepoint page where it is.

What do you dislike?

The problem wit sharepoint is that it is not better than other cloud storages. First of all, you can edit a document at the same time another one edit it too, using Word, Excel, PowerPoint online, but these versions are not as good as they normal versions, they are constantly lagging and they're slow. So the best option is to download the document, edit it with regular Word and then upload it again when you save. But this has a major problem, if somebody else has opened the document before you, you cannot save it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I encourage other people to use Sharepoint since it can be easily integrated with Windows, and helps you having less agency costs.

Sharepoint is used mainly for sharing files with teammates, as well as simultaneously editing them.

SharePoint review by Esteve V.
Esteve V.

"Pretty much like Google Drive"

What do you like best?

Letting apart the efficiency of the archives system, I found very useful the fact that you add the sharepoint carpet directly to you computer, thus, you don't need to open the internet and go to the sharepoint page in order to work on the document. But still, if you don't have the sharepoint added to you computer you can go to the sharepoint page and open a document on you computer without downloading it. And when you finish the job, you save and it saves automatically on the sharepoint "cloud".

What do you dislike?

Personally, I can't avoid comparing it with Google Drive, and I must be honest, google drive is better. With google drive two or more people can edit a document on the cloud simultaneously. It is true that then you are forced to use Google's Word or Google's Excel, but these programs are good enough. With sharepoint, however, you can use Microsoft Word or Excel, but these aren't as good as their non-online version, which lead us to the second poroblem. This second problem happens when somebody else has opened the document before you in his computer, you edit it in you computer and when you go to save it you can't because of the other person, so you have to go and ask him to close the document so you can save yours. This can be really bothering, specially when the other one has left and his computer is blocked, then you have to seve what you are doing as a new document and the next day when the other one closes his document you replace it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I strongly reccomend them to improve the word/excel/powerpoint online. They could also improve the design, it is nice but could be better.

Basically, we save time on sharing our documents by sharing them on Sharepoint. We just tell each other that we have post it on Sharepoint and that's all.

SharePoint review by Jonathan H.
Jonathan H.

"SharePoint Online Review"

What do you like best?

* Cloud based hosting shared files collaboration

* Use as a network storage with additional purchased spaces as needed

* Sync files to your devices for updating and work offline

* Organize folders and libraries with control proper access level to users and/or groups

* Share libraries, folders, files, etc... to internal and external users

* Design an intranet site for your company

What do you dislike?

* Sync folders/files with multiple users need discipline and can be slow

* Require an expert to administer the SharePoint and develop libraries, sites, etc...

* Require users' training

Recommendations to others considering the product

For small companies that require to keep IT infrastructure costs down, it is a great product to invest and grow into

* Microsoft to host SharePoint therefore no need to have hardware and other licenses to maintain while keeping internal IT staff down

* Accessing from anywhere without building another layer of security

* Libraries and sites are customized to meet business needs

SharePoint review by Jackson O.
Jackson O.

"SharePoint Review"

What do you like best?

SIMPLICITY!!! SharePoint is great for file sharing especially when you do not have a collaborative file that everyone can contribute to at the same time. Sharepoint lets everyone access the same files and work together as a team on things.

What do you dislike?

One issue I have is if you do not check-in the document a certain way, it locks up and the only way to unlock it and get access for everyone is to call an administrator.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to always create archives of old files and create a folder within sharepoint of the old archived files just in case you ever need to go back to them later on.

My company and specifically my previous team was constantly working on files together and adding to different presentations, spreadsheets, documents, etc. Sharepoint allowed us to be efficient and saved us tons of time versus emailing the files around to each other all the time.

SharePoint review by Eric P.
Eric P.

"Forms are Great, Storage Not So Much"

What do you like best?

The ability to create and fill out online forms for business purposes is my favorite feature. We use this feature for things like employee surveys or registration forms. It would be awesome if we could easily upload a Adobe PDF to Sharepoint and have Sharepoint "read" that PDF and create a simple file submission process. Like, when we need our whole team to get access to a system, I'd rather upload one document and have everyone fill/sign online rather than e-mail to the team and have them print/scan/sign back.

What do you dislike?

The document storage and repository features aren't that superior to any other folder and storage system. When we use Sharepoint for proposal development, we seem to too easily revert back to sharing documents over e-mail. I think this is due to a Sharepoint environment which feels a bit clunky. I'd love to see some sort of "Project Area" where we can set up projects where users can upload documents to various areas, permissioning is easy, and collaboration tools are built in (like a chat window).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize sharepoint when you need a lot of responses from your team. Gone are the days of emailing a PDF for completion. Sharepoint allows you to create an online form in a secure environment, distribute a link, and allow employees to complete the online form at their leisure and on-demand in a location that doesn't require a bunch of hurdles for permissions.

We use sharepoint to build forms and surveys for employees to complete for things like benefits elections, PTO buyback, wellness surveys, or volunteer events.

SharePoint review by Jill V.
Jill V.

"Great way to keep employees up to speed. "

What do you like best?

I found that when using Sharepoint I liked the accessibility of the information that was needed to perform my everyday job tasks. Everything was easily available and not hard find. The layout was simple to understand.

What do you dislike?

What I disliked about Sharepoint was that sometimes will all the information found on it, it can get a little clustered and unorganized.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that while using sharepoint make note of how the company has stored their information on it. Make sure that the paths to get to important documents are noticed so that there is no issues in finding the information that you are needed.

I used sharepoint as a reference point to keep up to date with company policies and procedures. It allowed for a "One stop shop" to get any and all questions answered that I may have run into during my everyday job tasks.

SharePoint review by Kristen S.
Kristen S.

"Great Way To Share"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that all staff can sign in an look up documents that are used company wide!

What do you dislike?

I do not like how there doesn't seem to be settings from a higher up staff member who can prevent others from manipulation of certain documents or deletion of certain documents without permissions electronically given. Also, the fact that the search feature doesn't really help you find specific documents very easily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I agree that Sharepoint is a great way for large companies to share access to documents and other files commonly used by all staff. It' also an easy way to store important documents and feel confident that they will all be saved and safe in one place.

We find that Sharepoint is the easiest way to share common documents across 8 different office locations and that they are easily accessible to all staff to save or print. They are all stored in one place and can be updated and easily shared.

SharePoint review by Zachery T.
Zachery T.

"SharePoint good for sharing final content"

What do you like best?

My organization uses Sharepoint as our corporate intranet for sharing of branded content, SOPs, presentations, etc. SharePoint makes accessing documents easy with its search function, easy sharing via links and quick sending. I enjoy having the ability to grant different levels of access to different members of the team. This allow us to preserve final versions of content without allowing anyone the ability to save over a template document.

What do you dislike?

If you want to share documents with other team members to that multiple users can make edits to a single document, Sharepoint is not the place to do that. OneDrive, another office product is much more fit for this type of use, but there are still some hiccups there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you set up appropriate access levels for members of your organization to ensure version control and integrity of your content.

We use Sharepoint for sharing of organizational documents. All sales materials, presentations, SOPs, etc. are saved on Sharepoint for the team to have access to the documents wherever they are.

SharePoint review by anthony p.
anthony p.

"Not your average file storage product"

What do you like best?

SharePoint is a highly customizable and very robust. The search capability is better than any other product I have used. The mobility of the SharePoint portal is excellent and you still have the necessary security measures in place. The content management and user access roles allows for IT to completely protect against corruption and improper deletion of critical files.

What do you dislike?

The implementation can be lengthy depending on how much complexity you want to implement in terms of security and accessability.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SharePoint doesn't take as much knowledge to configure as in years past. Very robust and feature rich.

We have implemented many Sharepoint solutions to customers that were having issues with Dropbox and other similar platforms. For those customers that are using OneDrive, Dropbox or file servers that aren't adequate, SharePoint can make a big difference in maintaining the integrity of your data.

SharePoint review by prateek s.
prateek s.

"Highly useful file sharing SaaS with a bit of buggy experience"

What do you like best?

Smooth file sharing and integration with office 365 makes it a very attractive file sharing option. You can open the file online using web apps, or open them on your local version of MC Office - its really that simple and flexible. Files saved can be easily tracked using your O365 applications, and can be easily shared to other users. You can share using a link to the specific file, or you can share the whole folder. You can also restrict sharing to limited set of users using their email id, which again is super helpful.

What do you dislike?

Well, Sharepoint is optimized for the latest version of windows/IE/Edge and can face some issues while being used on the older versions of the browser or windows (IE itself is a bit of a pain which has caused ample damage to Microsoft). Microsoft should fix this in time in order to keep itself competing with its neck to neck competition.

Also to highlight is the low support for mobile devices which is not that amazing since nobody uses microsoft browsers on mobile devices. Rather a dedicated sharepoint app for mobile devices would be a great idea.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can go ahead with Shareepoint if you have a O365/skype for buness/microsoft teams subscription to leverage the full potential of O365. Also, implementation needs to be well planned, otherwise companies will not reap the full benefits of their investment.

File sharing is easy, security is awesome, so is the file support. Create and edit anything and everything over the cloud. No mess, no hosting issues, no team to support, reduced costs, free desktop license, and great collaboration. Sharepoint easily fits in with tools like Microsoft team and microsoft kaizala.

SharePoint review by Jennifer O.
Jennifer O.

"Great to Use"

What do you like best?

I like the way you can separate and sort a lot of content. It's great for organizing between teams and sharing your files. It is also great for collaborative work when you cannot meet in the same space The design is also very simple.

What do you dislike?

Some of the sortings can be confusing when you are first learning the product. Finding a specific file without a proper link can be very challenging. The search could be improved but if you know what you are doing it becomes easier. Not intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The product looks pretty bare bones and all the text can be a little boring but it's simple and does what you need it for.

We are sharing documents with each other. It is much better for collaboration and cohesive thought that just emailing files back and forth or sharing in a drop box like setting.

SharePoint review by Patrick L.
Patrick L.

"Fantastic System for Storing, Controlling, and Sharing Files and Documents"

What do you like best?

The best part about SharePoint is how easy the system is to implement. SharePoint is able to work in tandem with all other Microsoft applications such as outlook and lync. This program is browser accessible and allows anyone in a company with proper permissions to edit and upload documents and files. You can also connect and sync up your calendar, whether it be external or internal.

What do you dislike?

As a low-end user, sometimes getting access to edit documents can be difficult. If one person checks out a document but forgets to check it back in, then you cannot make changes to that document. SharePoint does however tell you who has the document checked out and allows you to contact them via email, lync, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you already use Microsoft products at your company, this is a fantastic addition as a document/file library. If you do not, then there still are merits to using SharePoint.

My company is able to solve the issue of have a controlled document library that is accessible to all who need it. You can give read and write access to individuals who need it, and can also block specific sections from those who don't. A browser based document library is very useful for a global company.

SharePoint review by Forrest K.
Forrest K.

"Sharepoint another defacto must have in the corporate world"

What do you like best?

Sharepoint 2013 has social features: shared calendars, a timeline and status posts. Document libraries will always be the soul of SharePoint. Uploading documents, you can simply drag a document onto a site page in any browser. It's easier to find documents as you can search without specifying the folder. When you locate a document, you can follow it like friend on Facebook. Sharing documents who don't have SharePoint is simpler. Click on the sharing option and type in email addresses, choose whether they can view or edit, or copy an URL you can send. Shared documents are marked by an icon you can click to see who you're sharing with.

What do you dislike?

SharePoint 2013 has a new look. Can Microsoft stop changing the layout of tools? This is likely not possible. I am using Windows apps for almost three decades now and my muscle memory is still lighting fast for 2010 versions. Somewhere there was a peak of ergonomic layout and we are just changing for the sake of change. So let’s let the Microsoft layout staff retire or working something else like leveling out global warming.

Wow, where would we be without SharePoint? Some relics are still using a shared network drive. Without document libraries and collaboration tools today's corporate world is a train wreck. It is also important in corporate environments to create a virtual home place for communication. It's easy to change the appearance of a SharePoint site; you can change themes, colors, drag and drop images to get a look without any code. Building web pages is also made easier; you can upload HTML which are converted to SharePoint pages.

SharePoint review by Madeline R.
Madeline R.

"Good for Windows"

What do you like best?

It is easy to create folders and keep files organized. Editing in Word etc on the browser is very useful, as is creating word documents and spreadsheets on the browser that automatically saves instead of having to upload separately from my mac. Folder differentiation is easy to see and is very straightforward. I like being able to access the rest of the apps as well. The new interface is very user-friendly and organized to find what you need and fast. When using the program on a Windows computer, the features are easily utilized and will perform for users.

What do you dislike?

It is hard to integrate sharing documents and uploading documents through my Mac. Sharing files with external users can also be difficult if they are not familiar with the platform and how it works. I don't like that I can't use a 'Sharepoint' drive for Mac that allows me to use my 365 programs and easily upload them into each separate folder.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good integration for Windows

Instead of sending various emails with separate documents, Sharepoint allows us to reference files easily. Different folders designated for different clients are also useful and have cut down on several confusing document placements. Everyone can collaborate on a document at once, in a browser instead of sending the same document back and forth with track marks. Internally it is easy to share files and documents with the share link. If used correctly, the 'Shared' folders with outside clients and users can be very useful.

SharePoint review by Kayla C.
Kayla C.

"Review of sharepoint "

What do you like best?

Share point offers a nice bit of functionality that will support many organization's collaboration and document management needs on a very basic level. In almost all cases the cost savings from a billable aspect will be a lot less. There are no staff to employ for the most part, no hardware to purchase and no large upfront purchase fee needed.

What do you dislike?

There are also some concerns I have recommending it for mission critical or complicated applications. It is very hard to recomend this product to others. f high availability and the option to have advanced functionality is critical to your business purpose, you could lose money from not being able to provide what is needed. There is also no depreciation expense for hardware to write off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that you hire a expert in sharepoint to help you through the learning phase.

We uploaded share data is large documents in Sharepoint. For its basic functions it works pretty well, but we do not do anything advanced with it.

SharePoint review by Michelle M.
Michelle M.

"Sharepoint for Teams"

What do you like best?

We were a small business that used the Google platform. As we grew we knew we needed something to help keep us more organized, have the ability to edit documents professionally, and grow our company. Sharepoint allowed us to create sites to specific departments. We are still able to share documents but now we house them on one space and edit them accordingly. We out grew the Google platform, and it was great for our starting up size. Sharepoint added another element to looking and acting like should have been doing all along.

What do you dislike?

It's a little cumbersome to set up. Some of the set up is not obvious. I watched a lot of youtube to help me connect the dots.

Prior to SharePoint, the employees each had their own documents. They were shared back and forth via email, latest copies you never know who had which. Some times using the older documents forgetting important information. Sharepoint has allowed us to store a lot of policies and procedures in one place to locate, edit where needed and be better organized.

SharePoint review by Weston H.
Weston H.

"Sharepoint for Business"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, accessible anywhere on any device, great support. The look and feel is updated and modern. Most items that you want to get out to an organization can be assessed on this platform.

I like the search and functionality and how items are cataloged by date. It is easy to see and quick to find what you're looking for.

What do you dislike?

Many users handling the system can sometimes slow the system down drastically. Upgrades seem to happen often and can be an issue while trying to access data quickly. Oftentimes the security rules and cache can create difficulties when trying to login- especially when needing to open multiple browsers at one time

Recommendations to others considering the product

The content is only as good as what's available in the system. The system does a nice job holding information but does not aggregate to create smart data for something you are looking for.

While it's a great organization tool, I recommend the employees or IT staff to make sure that it's user friendly. It's often really easy to dump data into sharepoint, but it's another thing to manage and make this data useful.

Ease of use, getting content and information across to many different departments and employees. Collaborating on a specific document is something I like a lot- it is easy to use and offers speedy editions.

Each organization must find a way to organize their company's date- this is a great place to store all that information and give or with hold certain permissions from departments

SharePoint review by Sagar S.
Sagar S.

"Powerful application for the data sharing"

What do you like best?

The main thing that I like about Sharepoint the most is the ability to connect it with the Access Database and the Excelsheet. We can make bulk updates on the Access database and it'll be reflected to Sharepoint. Similarly, the change in Sharepoint is reflected in the Excelsheet, so we don't have to refresh back and forth on multiple locations.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, it takes a lot of time to make minor changes. Like, if it is tied to an Access Database and you want to change the type of the field, you'd have to disconnect and connect the Sharepoint database to get it working.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this as an extension to Excel.

I'm using Sharepoint to share the data across multiple entities across the organization. It is helping to share the data securely with maintaining data integrity.

SharePoint review by Allison C.
Allison C.

"SharePoint keeps our files safe and creates a great collaborative environment for our nonprofit."

What do you like best?

I love that our files are safe and secure, yet also accessible via the web from wherever we are. With SharePoint, we were able to replace our in house server and allow employees to work from outside the office when they need to.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that we cannot attach files directly to an email without saving them to OneDrive first. The workaround I have found for our desktops is to map sharePoint as a network drive. But on our mobile devices, this creates extra steps that we'd like to avoid.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SharePoint is a great for collaborative software that makes it easy for employees to work together and have access to needed files from anywhere at any time. If you have large amounts if data and files you need to move to SharePoint, I suggest going ahead and having them do the migration. It will certainly save a lot of time, and time means money.

We have a physical server for our nonprofit. It was rough when anything happened to it, as there was no way to access the data from it when it had a failure. For example, it's power supply failed two days before a grant request was due. SharePoint has given us the ability to safely and securely store our data as well access it from anywhere. We can also collaborate with each other without having to be in the same place.

SharePoint review by Olivia M.
Olivia M.

"Good for a Company 'Wiki'"

What do you like best?

I like that you can create all types of groups and that the pages you frequently visit appear right on the homepage. It's fairly easy to navigate so as long as you are either guided through the layout by your admin or created the pages yourself.

What do you dislike?

Not user-friendly. But, to be fair, was Sharepoint ever user-friendly? I remember using Sharepoint years and year ago throughout grade school. The company I work for originally tried to use this as a way for everyone to communicate and stay up-to-date with company events. Definitely not the best interface for this. We adopted Yammer and have been quite happy with it overall for the simplicity of sharing and discussing documents and topics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd say Sharepoint is a decent tool for organizing shared documents, but it's not a great tool for communicating with other coworkers. If you have an Office 365 subscription, this is a decent enough place to make a 'wiki' of sorts, but I wouldn't recommend using this for discussions and the like.

We need(ed) a place to host shared documents and communicate between departments/teams. I think Sharepoint has a very thorough way of organizing documents and makes it easy to edit them (thanks to the various Office Online apps).

SharePoint review by Richard R.
Richard R.

"Ideal Intranet/Extranet Solution"

What do you like best?

SharePoint 2013, if implemented correctly, provides an easy to use, easy to administer and maintain website solutions for either your intranet or extranet needs. It is possible to create a site for every department in your organization, with custom look and feel and custom permission levels within a few minutes. Maintaining the sites is also very simple and when you run up against something you are not sure how to handle there is a robust user community to help guide you out of the weeds. This last point is one of the most important factors when considering a platform such as this since you can't always find and retain highly skilled administrators or developers for these systems.

What do you dislike?

While setup and administration is relatively straightforward and simple, it is a little too easy to get into trouble with SharePoint when you get off the core site administrator type tasks. Setting up User Profile Synchronization Service can be tricky (though greatly improved in 2013) as well as Search but again there are lots of ways to find help should you need it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure that you follow Recommended or Best Practices when designing your SharePoint installation. Create a governance plan with executive buy-in. Don't try to skimp on RAM and CPU. You can get away with less but you risk your integration failing.

We use SharePoint 2013 for both client facing and internal processes. We do invoice processing for our clients. SharePoint scales very well and adding new clients is so simple that we have been able to do it almost entirely with PowerShell scripting.

SharePoint review by Rob M.
Rob M.

"Very powerful CMS collaboration tool"

What do you like best?

Lots of features, OOTB configuration is pretty good, ability to customize it, new workflows (Flow) is much easier than using SP Designer, can give unlicensed guests access to a single file or entire library, document sets!, List & library features (group by, filtering, access control, content type sets, lunk to other lists\libraries, more). Much more!

What do you dislike?

Constant changes are not announced leading users often stuck when trying to achieve a task quickly. They have to relearn how to achieve a task. Some features require use of different browser to work. Profiles do not link reliably with Azure Active Directory. Calendar sharing is only one-way - downhill (not from subsite to top site).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to hire a developer to customize your site if you need more than just vanilla web site.

Building client solutions despite need for frequent custom solutions using JavaScript or other (non-compiled) code. Tracking clients, projects, financials, team member status, usage reports.

SharePoint review by Michelle R.
Michelle R.

"Sharepoint Great for Multi-use File Sharing"

What do you like best?

It allows you to track and monitor who made changes in real time. It allows you to share files, folders whatever all over the world to keep things flowing no matter where some one is.

What do you dislike?

It can take a while to load the interface is a bit hard to navigate back to something you have to click back or re-open instead of being about to click a home or a hyper link in a navigation bar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a great "on the go drive" so you have access to documents that you usually have stored on your work PC and then when you get home you are SOL.. :)

We are able to store private files within a sharepoint drive that only limited people have access too, but they can access it from multiple computers, buildings, and rooms. This has made it unnecessary to print out multiple files and waste paper.

SharePoint review by Shanna M.
Shanna M.