ShareX

4.8

ShareX is a free and open source program that lets you capture or record any area of your screen and share it with a single press of a key. It also allows uploading images, text or other types of files to over 50 supported destinations you can choose from.

Work for ShareX?

Learning about ShareX?

ShareX Reviews

Showing 30 ShareX reviews
ShareX review by Tom B.
Tom B.

"Awesome program for a smooth workflow"

What do you like best?

The ability to take screengrabs at the press of a single (configurable) button is such a benefit to efficiency when trying to show something to another web user. I don't know how I could live without this feature at this point.

In addition, the fact that you are able to upload to your own server is very amazing, considering this is an open-source application. When I first got the product, I only expected it to be able to upload to sites such as imgur, dropbox etc., but I was pleasantly surprised when I found out I could already upload to my existing server with minimal setup.

What do you dislike?

Can be rather difficult to set up custom uploaders if you have no idea what you're doing. Proprietary upload scripts and support for these scripts would be extremely beneficial to basic application-users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have the know-how to set up your own upload scripts, then ShareX would be extremely beneficial to any user, in my opinion. Even if you aren't well versed in these scripts, there are predefined upload locations inside the program such as imgur, dropbox and mega. It's extremely easy to get set up no matter what situation you're in.

Screenshots before using this program would have to be uploaded either to an external service or through cropping a windows-based screenshot. By using ShareX, images can be stored on our own server as well as our AWS S3 buckets depending on the situation.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ShareX
ShareX review by Leo H.
Leo H.

"Leading desktop screenshot utility for windows"

What do you like best?

The best thing about ShareX is the open ended versatility the program offers over the competition. In addition to taking screenshots of any windows, and any size, that functionality is enhanced by being able to screen record in that same manner. On top of that, you have the option to export your media in multiple video formats, including export as GIF. ShareX also comes with a built in color picker, OCR, auto-upload to a source of your choice, and other tools to better convenience your line of work, or your computer experience.

What do you dislike?

The only bad thing i can really say about shareX is the window utility you use to configure some of the options aforementioned. The interface itself can use a little work, as it can be unclear as to what "task" you're changing, or where specific settings are located.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Once you install ShareX, I would highly recommend you adjust the "worflows" (keybindings) of the tasks you want on hand. If you're using a gaming mouse, it would make your like a lot easier to map those bindings to mouse keys of your choice.

ShareX has made it possible for the business that I work for to quickly submit bug reports, with screen shots and recordings to better allow for reproduction of the problem. It has also allowed simple "show and tell" with friends and co-workers regarding debugging, IT help, and just sharing whats on our screens.

What Screen and Video Capture solution do you use?

ShareX review by Hamza B.
Hamza B.

"Best of the best"

What do you like best?

How customizable it is, you can setup so many tasks and the additional tools it includes such as video/gif recording and OCR are great too!

What do you dislike?

The built in editor, I had to move back to the older version to keep using the Greenshot editor which they removed for some reason.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dont think, this is the product you want to have on every workstation if possible!

Quickly sharing something with someone. From a business standpoint, it's really helpful creating a knowledgebase article with screenshots where I can visually show the user what to click and what to pay attention to using shapes and arrows and various other tools.

ShareX review by User

"The absolute best screen recording and clip creator there is"

What do you like best?

ShareX allows for extremely fast screenshots, and recordings. Instant image modifications (add dropshadow, watermark, company logo). Automatic uploads to TONS of cloud based hosting sites, and little footprint on the system.

What do you dislike?

Really there isn't much to dislike about this software, the only thing that could be considered a negative is that it may be a bit daunting to set up the first time because of the hundreds of options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time and explore all of the features. Their forums are a great resource for people needing help

Sharing insight with customers quickly and easily. Our support team is able to make on the fly antimated gifts for live tickets, and quickly generate screenshots and walkthroughs for our support documentation. Working in a remove environment a tool like this is invaluable if you don't want to spin up a screenshare app and have everyone log in just to point out something you are seeing on your screen.

ShareX review by User in Computer Games
User in Computer Games

"Click, Crop, Create, Communicate!"

What do you like best?

The region-specific (similar to cropping) screenshot feature is fantastic for sharing not just fragments of images... but small blurbs of text whilst keeping the original source visible.

What do you dislike?

Having come from Puush originally, I was less happy to find out the (previously-) even more simplistic setup Puush was known for had been left to make way for ShareX. At the time, I wasn't someone that was in need of extra features (such as extra image quality settings; multiple ways to take screenshots - be that of the entire monitor, multiple monitors, or just a screen fragment; etc.). I went from making one click on an icon at my taskbar (which would immediately allow me to enter the cropping/screenshot mode), to making a couple via ShareX.

Admittedly, with customization, changing your settings and adding hotkeys can make this more simple; so... this isn't much of a complaint.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This program is fantastic for those looking to efficiently capture moments on their screen for others to see. Pressing "Print Screen," hoping the clipboard properly saved the image, pasting that image to an image editor, manually cropping the bits you want to save, and then uploading those bits to an image host (or directly to the IM you're using), is a thing of the past!

It's great for those in business (take small screenshots of important text documents to quickly reference them during ongoing conversation), or at home (capture moments in gaming before they disappear!).

Even better: it's free!

I was weaned into ShareX from Puush ( https://puush.me/ ), which is one of a handful of programs with partnered websites/image-hosting servers that offer a near-effortless method of securely sharing screenshots with others. No upload feature is needed for whatever instant messaging program you may be using, and this can prove useful when sharing information/images with clients and customers that have limited bandwidth. As mentioned previously, it is also beneficial for sharing information from text documents in a way that can more concretely prove the text document has not been doctored. By screenshotting whatever area you'd like at its original source; providing a link based on the image host ShareX has uploaded it to; and doing all of this within a few seconds, it is tough to refute.

I even uploaded my validating screenshot to G2 using ShareX!

ShareX review by John D.
John D.

"The best screenshot tool for Windows"

What do you like best?

ShareX's custom region capture feature is a massive plus. Rather than restricting me screenshotting a single window or desktop, ShareX lets me screenshot a specific region. The tool also has a magnification and crosshair that allows me to get a pixel-perfect crop. This allows me to create professional quality screenshots for use in documentation.

The large number of image uploaders are another great features. It supports almost every major image host, and even supports generic targets like FTP or an Amazon Web Services S3 bucket.

What do you dislike?

The UI is sometimes not the most intuitive, setting up destinations is not always a clear process. Sometimes, the configuration is lost between versions of the tool, causing me to need to re-enter authorization credentials.

Additionally, updates require my approval and input, and are sometimes annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're using Windows, ShareX is by far the best free tool available today.

I'm able to take screenshots of applications for use with sharing with colleges, or for creating product documentation. ShareX's inclusion of the Greenshot image editor tool allows me to easily markup my screenshots before uploading them, saving me from having to use an additional tool.

ShareX review by Vladimir J.
Vladimir J.

"Excellent screen capture program!"

What do you like best?

This program turned out to be best free solution for screen capture. I enjoy the fact that I can customize it to suit my needs best - what part of the screen I want captured, what happens after capture, on which of my accounts image is uploaded etc.

What do you dislike?

What's not to like? Great program. It needs support for other operating systems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is clearly THE BEST screen capture program for Windows out there. It is quite refreshing that it is free. After using it, it has become a standard tool in my work process and each of my friends are now using it. It is good for professional as well as personal use.

I work as web designer and frontend developer. It helps me to instantly capture specific regions of my designs and then send it over email or some IM program to my clients. It speeds up development and collaboration..

It also helped me to capture some UI animations I create for web sites, convert that capture to gif and also send it over email.

I also like to play games, so capturing game results screen earns me some bragging rights ;)

ShareX review by Alexandre V.
Alexandre V.

"The best screeshot I've ever tried"

What do you like best?

I'd like the simplicity of the program and all the quick features it has. For example, the contextual menu when you have a screenshot lets you copy the image, copy the file, copy the file path and so on. These silly tricks makes your life easier every day.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the UI. It's not very modern but it is usable. It's like a 2000's program and it has a lot of menus with options and makes you lost at first. It also should improve the editing capabilities but I think there are needed minor improvements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. At glance, you are going to see an old UI with a lot of buttons and options, and you are going to get scared that the app is so bad. But when you start to using it you are going to love it, to use the features that you like and need and forget about the ones you don't need. There is so many features that makes almost imposible that doesn't meet your requirements.

My main problems are the following:

- Quick capture and easy editing to highligth some aspects.

- Quick share the screenshot with my other computers or sessions.

ShareX review by Michael G.
Michael G.

"The fastest screen capture on the net"

What do you like best?

Very lightweight, free, open source, and constant support.

What do you dislike?

The interface is a bit intimidating for users who are not proficient in discovering the usage of software without documentation

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're debating between ShareX and another screencapture software, you should definitely compare and contrast the two.

While most screencapture programs will claim thing such as 'constant updates', 'used by many business such as.. ', or even 'the most downloaded screencap software on the web', none of them can offer the quality support, speed, and reliability of ShareX.

As a freelance developer who often shares screenshots of my work, I've noticed a tremendous workflow increase by using ShareX. I had used a few other popular software prior, though they were lacking features, slow, or crashed often, and none of them were open-source.

ShareX is the 'go-to' when I need to share an image or screenshot of my application, all available within seconds.

The biggest benefit of using ShareX over other products is that by doing so, open-source software is being supported. In this day in age, it's tough to come across open-source software that works at an industry-grade quality, and also has constant updates and support. By far I would choose an open-source alternative of a program over a closed-source version.

ShareX review by Barnaby K.
Barnaby K.

"Simple, Customisable and Essential Productivity Utility for Creative and Social Media Oriented Work"

What do you like best?

I love the customisability of the tool while remaining a brilliant utility out of the box with no configuration at all. The ability to chain together a screenshot with a social media upload is extremely useful and takes less time out of working on a project since all the work done saving and uploading the image is done by ShareX. I'm constantly tweeting screenshots of projects in development so followers can come closer to the process and see things in the works and I probably wouldn't do that very often if it wasn't for ShareX.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike really, I'm really going to have to try here! I suppose the menus are a bit daunting to new users who may just want to set up something simple (screenshots to Dropbox for example) and some of the terminology isn't best explained so it may be a bit confusing, especially for a non-native English speaker. Additionally, the Twitter message input box (and I assume all other input boxes for share messages) doesn't support certain control/unicode characters such as Ctrl+Backspace to delete entire words and Emojis/Unicode emoticons. Other than that, everything else is perfect and I'm really happy this product is free and open source!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It does work really well out of the box without needing to change anything however you can really boost productivity if you work in a share-centric industry that is close to the customer. Setting up a few shortcut-keys to screenshot specific areas of the screen and tweet the image with a short message is a great tool for interacting with followers and inviting them to see development stages of a product or project. My one issue with ShareX (which, isn't actually with ShareX itself) is that Dropbox locks out the print-screen key from being used by ShareX even if Dropbox has the setting to use print-screen disabled.

The most common use-case for me is sharing screenshots of in-development projects with team members. Being able to grab a picture and say "it's on Dropbox" without me having to come away from the creative space I'm in while working is brilliant; stopping working on something, especially creative, to print-screen and upload manually can really throw anyone out of the creative production mood and mindset. Sharing files is pretty much the same story, with a simple context-menu. I also use this to share work-in-progress screenshots of projects to Twitter so followers can interact, see and share features on projects before they are implemented; this makes bringing followers closer to the development process (something I'd say is extremely important in today's media industry) effortless.

ShareX review by Denilson d.
Denilson d.

"The Best On Its Category"

What do you like best?

ShareX is absolutely gorgeous.

You can upload files, snapshots of your entire or part of your screen, videos, and whatnot. Not only that, but it is highly flexible, you can define lots of hotkeys, pre-upload tasks, post-upload tasks, where to upload and even URL shortening.

It comes with a lot of pre-defined uploading services (such as Dropbox, Imgur, GitHub Gist, FTP as well), but if you aren't happy nor want any of those, you can easily add instructions on how to use another API, this on the app GUI, no need to edit the source code for this.

I've used lots of services like this, initially only for screenshoting, but ShareX is on the next-level.

What do you dislike?

The high flexibility comes at the cost of a little bit of time to gasp it on the setup phase, but once you get past that, it's all good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth the try, it's free, so it won't hurt.

I use it mostly personal, because of the easiness of a simple key press to upload a screenshot or video of part of my screen, however I do use it sometimes on a game development team to quickly show the results of some feature to the rest of the team.

ShareX review by Matt C.
Matt C.

"By far the best Screenshot Software."

What do you like best?

I've been using ShareX for about a year and a half and I've never even thought of switching to another software. I've even installed it on the computers of the people in my family because it's that convenient. What really makes it for me is how simple it is to use and how incredibly deep the software gets for people that care to actually dig into it.

ShareX has an absurd number of features available, it's incredibly lightweight, easy to get into using on a constant basis, and highly configurable to a point where you can even specify custom locations where you want your files to be uploaded and how.

It has features for uploading not only images and screenshots, but also files, text documents, and even video files, going as far as to let you choose the specific host for where you want each particular type of media to go to. It integrates into Windows Explorer via the "Send to..." menu, so uploading files is as seamless as using Windows itself.

Compared to other similar screenshot software, like Lightshot, Puu.sh and even some more obscure ones like Postimg, ShareX just does it better.

All in all, ShareX just has the level of customization and configurability I need as a power user on my laptop day to day.

What do you dislike?

Off the top of my head I can't really think of any real flaws in it, I use it very constantly day to day, and I don't think I've ever ran into any problems with it at all.

I suppose one thing that could be improved is the preferences and configuration menus, as they're a bit split up and sometimes it's hard to figure out precisely what menu I need to get into in order to change what I want.

I suppose having a port of this to mobile platforms, especially Android would be incredibly nice.

One thing I always find myself struggling with on Android is getting files onto the cloud and synced with my computer efficiently.

Outside of that, I can't really point at any one thing and say "That, that needs to be fixed."

ShareX is one of the most cohesive, easy to use, and convenient pieces of software out there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's by far the best software for uploading files, text, and images, and the top of the line in capturing screenshots. I can't recommend it enough.

While I'm actually unemployed at the moment, I use ShareX day to day on many smaller projects at home.

I use to to upload my files to various cloud storage websites when I need to host a file somewhere for a friend or colleague.

I could see it being helpful for productivity especially in technical fields, as sharing a screenshot or short video quickly and without delay can be a good way to explain an issue or a bug in some currently in-development software, or even use in technical support for getting help with common problems people run into. Visual Representations of a problem are often far more useful than words alone.

ShareX review by John A.
John A.

"The swiss army knife of screen capture utilities"

What do you like best?

ShareX is so packed with options and modes that it's hard to think of any screenshot-workflow-related functionality that it doesn't have. Also, because it's open source it's not impossible to hack something in if you discover that you need it. The automatic uploading and URL-to-clipboard feature takes you from screenshot to useful image link in - at worst - seconds.

The .gif recorder functionality is especially useful and performs far and away better than any other .gif recording utility I've ever found.

Oh, and the repo is actually pretty well maintained, and pretty solidly organized for a project of the sort (or, at least a lot better than the usual fare)

What do you dislike?

Having so many options makes it a little overwhelming at first blush. I think it could benefit from a UX rework - even something like a basic/advanced mode toggle would help quite a bit for non-developer users.

Occasionally an Imgur upload will hang or bug out. It's infrequent, but annoying when it does happen. I suspect, though, that it's more of a problem on Imgur's end.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's free, and it'll take (at most) five minutes to figure out how do get it to do exactly what you want it to do.

I'm using ShareX both personally and professionally. Personally because it's really convenient to just hit a hotkey and have a url to paste in a chatbox. Professionally, I use the static image and .gif recorder functions quite a bit in working on product documentation, where it dramatically speeds up my workflow.

ShareX review by Yauheni L.
Yauheni L.

"It's much better then proprietary analogues"

What do you like best?

I like best: feature to change image hosting service on the fly. Time to time, i have some images hosting blocked by our internal rules/country providers, With proprietary software it can be problem (because it's usually can upload only to one server). ShareX allows bypass it easily.

What do you dislike?

Not so flexible sequence of actions. For example, after capture of image i can't edit it, and then automatically upload to hosting. I should open ShareX main window, find my image, edit it, and then re-upload. While other time i wan't upload it without editing immediately. I think this can be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it. You can switch to other software easily. But with sharex your are bound to some specific hosting/vendor less then with many others analogues.

As a software engineer, time to time i have to fix bugs. For easier conversations with tester, users which encountered some issues, we have to use images, to show/view state of software for another user. Programs like shareX speed up taking and sending images to other persons.

ShareX review by Vladimir M.
Vladimir M.

"Frequently used screenshot tool"

What do you like best?

Ability to connect different backend services to choose favorite and use (Google Drive, Dropbox, Picasa, GitHub Gists, etc). It's became even more important if compare to competitors like clip2net - usual screenshot capturing software binds you to use their custom servers and show ads or force you to pay to remove them. While with ShareX you can use your usual service (like Google Drive) for free and without annoying ads or payments.

Feature rich and flexible workflow - one button press makes screenshot, uploads it, shortens link and copies that link to clipboard - very easy to use. Become even better because you can fine-tune every aspect - what to capture, where to upload, which format to use, what service to shorten links by, etc.

What do you dislike?

Some options can be not so easy to understand or find for the first time but that is not a huge problem because main preferences are set only once after installation and used for a long time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nice small tool packed with a lot of useful features that can be customized to your own needs, while not binding you to their servers. Much more enjoying than competitors like clip2net, etc.

I use ShareX as personal user, not a business worker - just to easily and efficiently show others what I'm talking about - some game or browser screenshots, for example. Press PrintScreen, wait for a second, press Ctrl+V in used IM software to paste link - nothing can be easier to use.

ShareX review by Richard C.
Richard C.

"Awesome Screen Shot and Upload Program"

What do you like best?

East of use Press two key on my Keyboard and I'm screen grabbing, Right click a file and easy at that to upload a file. It has a way to add custom uploaders so you can upload to your own website if wanted to.

What do you dislike?

Nothing it works with every provider and service including custom ones.

Sharing and getting info out to users and even internal.

ShareX review by Tomas L.
Tomas L.

"Amazing software, brilliant idea, performance and experience."

What do you like best?

Variety of supported services, ability to select and customize actions, very intuitively customize and set everything up.

I like that I'm able to set up keyboard shortcuts for very specific operations. This helps a lot.

I also like that this software supports several different platforms for each different operation: image hosting, file hosting, text uploading etc.

What do you dislike?

The software has had one issue, but it's no longer present.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to share screen images, regions, code, files, shorten links, and do it on the go incredibly fast in the cloud this software is for you.

You can customize just about anything, keyboard shortcut to any operation have multiple different destinations of upload and many more features.

Incredible improvement with file sharing speed, image sharing speed, huge text snippets uploading to selected (pastebin) service.

ShareX review by Zachary C.
Zachary C.

"Neat product."

What do you like best?

Regex support, support for self hosted services, ease of use, there's really not much to ask for.

Saves a copy of the file immediately to your computer, which can also be turned off, to save disk space.

Image previews, history browsing, etc.

What do you dislike?

Wish it had linux support, or there was a linux equivalent, you can make something basic similar to sharex easily but it's not quite as interesting or as useful, which is a shame.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use a self-hosted solution for uploads if possible, it makes it easier to use and archive your images in my opinion.

Capturing and posting images quickly, it's a life saver when troubleshooting things with people, i just show them an image of EXACTLY what i see and it's uploaded immediately, it's fantastic.

ShareX review by User in Higher Education

"Sharing super powers"

What do you like best?

The best thing about ShareX is its flexibility. I can modify hotkeys, pre/post processing tasks and customize upload targets. It comes with a bunch of other neat tools too for general media manipulation.

What do you dislike?

I used to use puu.sh, which was really convenient for both link shortening, and sharing all kinds of files. You could upload images, videos and pdfs which would be viewed in the browser, as well as generic archives or binaries that would be downloaded. With the default ShareX setup, different media types would be uploaded to different places, some better or worse than others. Setting up custom / personal infrastructure for this took a bit of time, both on the server side and ShareX client side.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good points about ShareX:

- Open source

- Customizable upload targets

- Many image capture and region cutting tools

Bad points about ShareX:

- Windows only (? the source is built with Visual Studio)

Notes:

- The vast amount of settings are daunting at first, but take a few minutes to learn them

ShareX has greatly improved project development speed - especially in the feedback section. I can easily take a screenshot or video of my work and send it to others for review. I can quickly share snippets of code through both public and local (and thus private) networks. I can also quickly share files between a development computer and a public / new computer to setup a temporary environment.

ShareX review by Elmeri F.
Elmeri F.

"ShareX, a very powerful capture tool that fits even the standard user"

What do you like best?

Comparing to other capture tools, on top of screencapture ShareX has got polygonal area capture, video capture and gif capture to name a few, and I really love how you can choose where to upload captured data. The ftp option is my favourite.

What do you dislike?

The only tiny thing i dislike are a few small bugs but most of them get patched quite quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Why would you not use ShareX

ShareX has helped me to easily take screenshots of graphical and programming projects and share them with people who I've worked with. It makes development much faster when you can just press a hotkey combination to upload your work online

ShareX review by User

"Perfect tool for power users and noobs alike"

What do you like best?

You can customize pretty much everything. You can change the file hosts (including custom hosts that aren't officially supports), can rebind actions, and can set up keys to do non-default settings or upload to different hosts. I like being able to push some files to my sftp server, and push some to my imgur account.

What do you dislike?

For some reason launch times have gotten a bit worse (sharex used to be near-instant), which is kinda irritating.

The UI could be redesigned and reorganized to be a bit more simple for normal users, but still retain the same amount of customization for power users. _Never_ eschew power users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's no harm in trying it out, and don't be afraid to configure stuff.

I've solved easily recording or taking screenshots of software when I need to do so for feedback.

ShareX review by Taher G.
Taher G.

"Great piece of code, all-in-all"

What do you like best?

It's ability to capture screenshots in a variety of ways (eg. free hand) and sharing it in various ways (cloud storage).

What do you dislike?

Nothing at all. It has solved my problems of taking screenshots and has taught me a number of other ways too. I support it.

I had initially downloaded the app from Github, maybe in its initial stage, for learning the source code.

I had found it crashing sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should switch from Windows tool, Snipping tool to ShareX.

ShareX review by Andrew L.
Andrew L.

"Perfect alternative to Puush"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to choose any service I want including my own server.

What do you dislike?

Random crashes from the upgrades is pretty bad but a reinstall normally fixes them and all of your settings are still safe.

As well lack of Pageant support for windows users is unfortunate.

I used to have issues showing screenshots of projects to various clients my only solution at the time was to use Puush but they kept having server issues and I wanted to have it hosted on my own server.

ShareX review by Mehdi B.
Mehdi B.

"ShareX is the perfect software for easy publishing of screenshots, videos etc."

What do you like best?

I love that ShareX allows me, different to other software, to publish media to my own server fast and easily.

What do you dislike?

There does nothing come to my mind that is bad with this software.

Using ShareX we are able to fasten our communication. Since we are not located in the same room, we can show problems to other colleagues by simply making a screenshot with ShareX and sending it to the others.

ShareX review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Best screenshot tool for power users"

What do you like best?

This is such a versatile program, it's almost insane. Options to upload screenshots to any number of hosts, files to share, text, etc. Set up your hotkeys to do a task (such as clip a rectangle), then mark it up, upload, and get the URL in your clipboard, all in a flash.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to figure out what you want to set up, since there are so many options and settings. Again, this is for power users, and those people will be thrilled with the extensibility.

Sharing clips of development for web pages and products with my colleagues is fast and easy.

ShareX review by Chip W.
Chip W.

"ShareX, my most utilized workflow tool"

What do you like best?

Ability to add custom hosts and easy, feature rich, configurable keyboard shortcut system.

What do you dislike?

Not a single thing. This software is perfectly produced and maintained. I'm a technical and security analyst for some high-profile blue-chip companies and I cannot fault ShareX.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a must have for any user.

Ability to quickly share content for fast productivity

ShareX review by Nico S.
Nico S.

"very good!"

What do you like best?

The function to mark the area what i will screenshots.

What do you dislike?

sometimes there was a little bug but it was fixed in one of the latest updates. so there is nothing i would hate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

i make websites and help a friend with a game

"Relieving"

What do you like best?

The product has lots of configuration options that allow the user to attain the set-up that best suits their needs for quickly images.

What do you dislike?

The only downside to this product is that it is very complicated once you get into the menus and it can be difficult finding some of the options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get and imgur account

It allows me to quickly upload images to the internet and gain feedback from users who wish to provide feedback on my designs.

ShareX review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Review ShareX"

What do you like best?

The program is really simple to use and has quick features. It is easier to copy images ,files and screenshots features are great. Saves a lot of time . Its free

What do you dislike?

The User Interface could be improved further, made more simplistic and updates can be made simplified.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Improve the UI further

Share screenshots with my team members in real time. I use it mostly personal, my team members use it for game development as well.

ShareX review by User in Computer Software

"It was nice experience, and software met my expectations"

What do you like best?

Various integration with cloud storage. Content capture capabilities

What do you dislike?

Little bit outdated technologies used to implement client. As developer, i wanted to introduce new features, but they was rejected, because of they was not compatible with current technology stack.

Actually, i was interested in cloud storage integration. My problem was to share some content using different cloud storage cimulatneously

Learning about ShareX?

* We monitor all ShareX reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.