SharpSpring

Learning about SharpSpring?

SharpSpring Reviews

Ask SharpSpring a Question
Showing 209 SharpSpring reviews
SharpSpring review by Lila B.
Lila B.

"SharpSpring is ideal for SMEs and marketing managers in companies"

What do you like best?

I like the email marketing system with SharpSpring, with the email builder, email templates and simple campaign setup. With the addition of the automation features, this is the best email marketing system I have used. I like the fact I can tag contacts from our CRM and use triggers and tags for automation.

What do you dislike?

The social sharing to LinkedIn is not intuitive when I want to share images and pictures. The learning curve on this feature is a bit tough, through adding media to AWS first, then linkink the media.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Allow yourself quite a few months to fully get to understand all features of this product. You certainly can start to see improvemts in your marketing within a month, and the more you put into the setup, the more you get back in the long run. When considering SharpSpring, if you are in it for the long term, it should not let you down.

Adding automation to our workflow adds about 10% efficiency to our marketing efforts, allowing us to do more campaigns and track them properly.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SharpSpring
SharpSpring review by Tony L.
Tony L.

"SharpSpring is a constructive marketing platform"

What do you like best?

I work as a Digital Marketing Manager at e-intelligence, my team has to work with SharpSpring

for our marketing activities. After using it for a quarter, I can say that subscribing the software is a

very good decision for my business. Few points that I liked about the software:

1)They provide great customer service, 2) The initial training facilitates getting acquainted to the software, 3) It is an easy-to-use software, 4) It gets upgraded over time, 5) They send alert when the user opens the email, 6) Its sales pipeline function allows to generate multiple reports and can even export the data, 7) Lead score makes it easy for maintaining a lead status and automating lead touch points

What do you dislike?

There are few areas where SharpSpring is still trying to match with the other providers:

1) You need to spare a considerable amount of time learning the software, but once used, it is a comprehensive platform. 2) The email builder tool can be improved by making it user-friendly. It is still much better than the competitors. 3) It becomes glitchy when new features are implemented. The automation function does not work at its full potential during such a scenario. 4) Its mobile app is clumsy at times while opening. It is not as good as the Web view.

Well, more than 1000 digital marketing agencies have been using SharpSpring. Undoubtedly, I am one of them. If your marketing activities need attention and if you are seriously looking to grow your customer base with marketing and sales efforts, then I would definitely say that SharpSpring is worth a try. However, always consider the following before you opt for any marketing automation software:

1) Research the marketing tools and choose according to your marketing needs, 2) Calculate/consider the amount of time spent on learning the software, 3) Check the demonstration of the software before buying the subscription.

What Marketing Automation solution do you use?

SharpSpring review by Ellen D.
Ellen D.

"Gets the job done but can be very unpredictable in terms of reliability"

What do you like best?

It's great that multiple people can be in any given email at once with the ability to change and edit the content.

What do you dislike?

The major pitfall of Sharpspring is that your ability to use the platform depends on your account's "health." It seems almost unpredictable to predict your account's health and they'll simply lock you out without any warning. Then it is extremely difficult to get back into it because the customer service can be slow moving.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're sure that many people are opening and engaging with out emails, Sharpspring is great. If it's harder to get people to open your emails and the emails are more of a means for getting your name out there, then I'd definitely recommend using Mailchimp instead.

We're always able to get our name out there, which is a great benefit of Sharpspring, and we're able to see correlations between the types of content we send out and what actually gets read by our audience.

SharpSpring review by Parker N.
Parker N.

"Sharp Spring - The Way To Go"

What do you like best?

I love the balance of simplicity with detailed, robust analytic data when I need it. Whether you need to track a campaign, identify new leads, document a conversation or pull detailed reports - Sharp Spring has it all.

What do you dislike?

There are really no issues that I have had with this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Most companies have an outdated interface, are running 10-year-old technology and are staying up-to-date with the ever evolving marketing changes. Sharp Spring is. After 2 years I can tell you it went from amazing to far exceeding our already high expectations.

1. We can quickly identify new inbound leads when launching campaigns

2. We can funnel leads into marketing funnels with content pertaining to their persona

3. We can identify clients that have picked back up that went dormant for awhile when a new product is launched and they start interacting with our website again

SharpSpring review by Rich G.
Rich G.

"Agency User Review of SharpSpring Marketing Automation"

What do you like best?

SharpSpring comes with all of the essentials to run effective marketing automation campaigns at a very, very competitive price. An easy user interface and features that make sense. SharpSpring has a very nice division between the sales and marketing functions making it easy for the different teams to utilize. They are always exploring and rolling out new features which is great, keeping the platform fresh.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app isn't quite there yet, but it's improving. The page and email builders are a little clunky. For high design LP's I don't recommend using the builder, but for quick LP's or emails that drive conversions, it works well.

Combining multiple disparate systems into one platform where marketing and sales could work together to better track ROI. SharpSpring combines many system functions into one platform allowing for easy ROI tracking, better marketing decisions, and speed of lead conversion, all with a better bottom line.

SharpSpring review by Richard D.
Richard D.

"Complete package for a reasonable price."

What do you like best?

As a marketing agency we work on a daily base with the Sharpspring Automation software and we use it for our own marketing as to drive leads for our clients. What I definitly like is that Sharpspring has a great support team friendly and always willing to help. The learning curve is quite steep in the beginning but when you get the hang of it is easy to use. The company keeps adding new features to the software. They also really listen to their users concerning feature requests and issue's. Overall I'm more than happy with Sharpspring Marketing Automation.

What do you dislike?

In my opinion the email builder is not what it can be but Sharpspring is still developing this feature and it keeps getting better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's the most complete automation tools in this price range.

One of the benefits we have realized is a big time saving by automating a lot of proceses.

SharpSpring review by James K.
James K.

"Best Platform Based on Experience & Price"

What do you like best?

We love SharpSpring because it's powerful, easy-to-use and priced right. I've used other marketing automation platforms in the past. I can say SharpSpring is just was good, if not better than all the others we used. The amount of contact records you can get for the price is just not comparable. For example, if you use Hubspot, you're looking at 1000 contact records for $800 a month. Most companies need way, way more than 1000 records. With SharpSpring, you get a comparable product with a minimum of 10,000 records for $650 a month. If you go through Partner Agency, you may even get more contact records for the same price.

Overall, the product does what they say it does; and they are continually adding new features and improving older ones.

What do you dislike?

Once and while, there are too many steps or clicks to do simple tasks. And, I don't like how you can't do a mass deletion of say, contact records.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SharpSpring is like any other marketing automation platform, in that, you must compete fully in order to your full return on investment.

We use SharpSpring to build our clients marketing funnels, do email campaigns, manage social media, track campaigns and associated sales with ROI. We find clients who commit to SharpSpring love how it brings everything together, so we as well as them, can manage their marketing performance better, increase leads, conversions and sales. Finally, the ability to track everything allows us to prove our value.

SharpSpring review by Tony B.
Tony B.

"Agency Overview For Sharpspring Marketing Automation "

What do you like best?

Having used other marketing automation products in the past, SharpSpring comes in with a fresh and relevant product, packed full of workflow features that help our marketing team and sales team reach their goals. They are always nes features in planning and SharpSpring are very welcoming of new feature requests.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app is a little basic in terms of full automation access but works well as a CRM when I am travelling.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are in an agency, you should definitely look at SharpSpring as an option. It is Marketing Automation designed for agencies, to learn and work the system well for their benefit.

SharpSpring is user-friendly, but there's a lot of work involved in setting up a marketing automation program that produces results. Ongoing efforts are needed to maintain and update your campaigns, add new ones, and produce regular reports. Make sure you have the personnel in place to nurture the program, while it nurtures your clients.

As an agency, we are benefiting from streamlining the number of systems we use, saving time for our marketing department. We have been able to replace 4 separate systems with SharpSpring and also know we are GDPR compliant with our client's data.

We also use the system for adding value to the marketing services we offer, by offering the system as a product for our clients to use.

SharpSpring review by John H.
John H.

"Ad agency business development choice"

What do you like best?

In my many years of ad agency business development I've used almost every marketing automation tool, Salesforce, Hubspot, Marketo, Excel, you name it. When I discovered SharpSpring I knew this product had been designed for me. It has everything I need, and nothing I don't. The workflows match my behavior and the tools are smart and intuitive. It is easy to set up, simple to use and all my clients love it.

What do you dislike?

I didn't discover SharpSpring soon enough. What I wouldn't do to get back all the wasted time I spent trying to get the other top name systems to do what I wanted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SharpSpring combines all of the things I want without complicating my processes with the stuff I don’t need. And it connects and complements the right activities together in one platform that seamlessly fits into my business development approach. SharpSpring, like any of the popular systems, isn’t a replacement for smart business development. It’s a tool to make you smarter and more successful. It represents the best of Salesforce, Hubspot, Leadlander, Campaign Monitor, Google analytics, Social platofrms, Post-it Notes and everything else, with a simple, easy to use interface that I call marketing magic. For less than a car payment it has cleaned up my desk, made me better organized and put me in the driver’s seat of new business.

I use SharpSpring as the core engine of in and outbound prospecting. It saves me time while allowing me to reach, engage and convert bigger audiences than I thought possible. It shows me in simple, easy to read analytics what is working and what isn't and makes it easy to share my results with clients and colleagues. It is a complete system so I can see all the activities and attribute results across all my content.

SharpSpring review by Steven B.
Steven B.

"An Agency Perspective on SharpSpring"

What do you like best?

As a marketing agency owner, SharpSpring has become a true partner. I have used other marketing platforms in the past and SharpSpring is comparable to just about everything. Their ever-expanding feature set is right in line with the needs I need to run my agency. Before I can request a new feature, it is already on the roadmap.

Second, as an agency partner, the price point has allowed my business to add sources of revenue that I did not have in the past. I can now offer a marketing platform as part of my product offering without drastically increasing my pricing.

What do you dislike?

The time it takes to fully onboard as a client is a little long. An onboarding guide would help move the process along faster.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are an agency owner, you need to jump on the phone and go through the demo. The features that SharpSpring and pricing model will blow you away. We have closed retainers because we could offer a powerful marketing automation system as part of our cost. We could not do that with other software applications.

We are using SharpSporing for two things. The first is automating our lead generation. The ability to automate our marketing has helped us do more in less time. Second, we are using SharpSpring to land more clients. We are able to offer new prospects a full-featured marketing platform for a fraction of the cost of other marketing solutions.

SharpSpring has become part of our product offering and will continue to be the go-to software platform for my marketing agency.

SharpSpring review by Keith L.
Keith L.

"Bridge the gap between marketing and sales"

What do you like best?

I love how SharpSpring, with just a simple line of code, creates a symbiotic relationship between my sales team and my website. It takes site analytics to a level that gives me data that works for my business.

As a content marketer, I began using SharpSpring for my own business, as well as for several of my clients, because it helps connect the dots in the marketing and sales process. No where else will you find a greater value in a marketing automation platform. If you are going to invest in content creation, and outbound marketing campaigns (be it outbound sales efforts and/or digital advertising) you've got to have an automation machine behind you to increase the return on that investment. SharpSpring is designed to do just that.

What do you dislike?

It takes time to learn--no doubt. I would also like to see some improvements on the mobile app and to have better integration with ThriveThemes--which is the conversion-centric platform I use for my websites and those of my clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With power that rivals Hubspot and others but at 1/10th the cost--SharpSpring is a no-brainer.

We use SharpSpring to keep prospects from falling between the cracks. That is perhaps one of the most crucial elements of any MA/CRM platform. SharpSpring packs power in BOTH.

SharpSpring review by Jason C.
Jason C.

"A great platform for any user with some level of tech savvy "

What do you like best?

The API is solid, meaning integrating with other platforms is a snap with the help of your dev team. The UI is good and pretty intuitive. A lot of work has gone into the help docs and knowledgebase and you can pretty much learn the platform inside and out that way. This reduces the need for expensive training offered my most competitors. If you do need support, they're responsive and helpful as expected.

What do you dislike?

While the API is great to connect other apps, that's pretty much your only option. Sharpspring does not offer many out of the box connections with other apps. If you don't have dev resources and need something more like an app market for connectors, this might be a problem for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We've been using SharpSpring for a couple years. They are truly focused on a roadmap that consistently provides value. We've seen several of our feature requests get implemented over time and that's a great indication of the willingness to work with their clients. The company has solid leadership and is not focused on "being a hubspot alternative". SharpSpring has differentiated themselves and found a true place in the market.

We use sharpspring as a customer ourselves as well as an agency, managing client accounts. By far this is the best platform setup for this. Being able to jump around to various accounts with the same login is a great feature. Another excellent feature is the crm. Once you get used to it, it's surprisingly strong and the need for something like Salesforce is negated.

SharpSpring review by Michael P.
Michael P.

"Deep, complex automation"

What do you like best?

On the surface it's a copy of Mailchimp with some automation, but it's really a deep automation tool built for enterprise level marketing. It takes quite a learning curve to learn how to use it's extensive powerful tools, but once you do it lacks absolutely nothing feature wise. Send times are fantastic, delivery rates are great and it never fails to send an automated email that is suppose to go out.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve is steep. There is a gigantic stack of features, and abilities, but it's built more like a sandbox where you need to piece it together yourself instead of be guided through it. It requires quite a bit of testing (or more to guess and check) to get the automation working as it should.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Deep tool as long as you utilize the extensive knowledge base and YouTube tutorials to get a head start using it. Don't get discouraged when it looks like it can't do a certain thing, because it really is a box of legos that just needs to be built in the right way and will adapt to almost any marketing automation needs.

Marketing automation for clients who can collect data and leads through their locations, and be reminded, re-marketed, and organized for optimal customer retention.

SharpSpring review by Kris M.
Kris M.

"Marketing Automation Is A Must!"

What do you like best?

SharpSpring is very dynamic and has been able to do anything we have needed for any of our clients. It is also very user friendly and intuitive. It did not take very long for our staff to be able to use it competently.

I think what we have been most impressed with is the support and the response to our needs to use SharpSpring better.

What do you dislike?

Some of the manual data entry of contacts is a little clunky.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Price was a factor in why we choose SharpSpring but the biggest factor was that we believed we could trust they would become a partner and support us long term, better than other MA companies. We feel like we made the right decision and SharpSpring has lived up to our expectations.

We are able to bring all of our data and analytics together and show clients a true ROI on marketing dollars spent. Our agency has been able to gain a substantial competitive advantage over agencies that don't use marketing automation. Our ability to generate leads for clients and show the ROI on those leads is helping us win and keep clients.

SharpSpring review by Brice P.
Brice P.

"Bumpy Start, Great Overall"

What do you like best?

The breadth of the platform. It has all the features you want, need, and didn't even know it had.

Where it lacks in polish, it makes up for in power - no question.

While some might not like how customizable the ENTIRE platform is, it gives you the tools you need to do what you want. If you're expecting to hop in, map some fields, and get automating - you might be a little disappointed. If you're looking to build your dream digital strategy and not be limited by pre-defined fields and automation flows, this is your tool.

If you don't have a team with an Art Director that is comfortable with some HTML, you will likely need a consultant (if you're very particular about email and page design).

What do you dislike?

It's a little clunky and, if I were to nitpick, I could write several pages of change requests for the interface. You enter the platform blind, as nothing is pre-configured - which is a blessing and a curse. While you are not held back by limited automation flows, custom fields, etc, the number of options can be crippling. Also, the WYSIWYG tools are just that and you're going to have to play with them for a while. If you're capable of ripping out some of their code and starting fresh, it'll do what you need.

Also worth noting - in my detailed feature review, most features were knocked a point or two for the interface. It really does have everything you'll probably ever need and it'll help in saving time. While it might not be the best or most polished - it is 100% worth it for the price, especially compared to nearly every other end-to-end service such as this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a massive enterprise, it probably isn't the right solution. If you're a small/medium sized business or a startup that needs to stay in communication with many customers and prospects and would like to be able to edit just about everything they'll see from web to email, this is for you.

Marketing automation - drip campaigns, newsletters, dynamic content, lead scoring, everything you'd expect. It's taken some time to get everything up and running (we have a small team), but it's pretty exciting to see it start paying off. I cannot say we have truly benefited yet, but we see the potential and are starting to see the payoff.

SharpSpring review by Phil W.
Phil W.

"Ace!! Cost effective, Easy to use and most importantly proves value"

What do you like best?

I love the simplicity of set up and UX. I have used many of these software platforms and let me tell you that you will not get better for functionality and ease of use. Do not let that fool you into thinking it is too basic. It is well designed and gives you a full overview of all marketing and sales metrics,

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there is not any. I would be lying if I said there was.

The only thing and this is if i was nitpicking would be an improvement to the mobile offering which i believe they are working on

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have it as your top two and compare it as I did. You will not find a better thought out and complete service with a model that works.

Functionality is brilliant!

I am an agency and therefore work with multiple clients which requires me to have a full overview of everything at the click of my fingers. Due to to set up and ease of use i can do that and be well informed quickly

It comes with the following

CRM

Marketing automation

Full overview of sales and marketing

Social integration and publishing

Excellent reporting

Collaborative working

Landing page and form creator

customer journey tracking

Lead scoring

And a lot more..........

SharpSpring review by Daren C.
Daren C.

"Best Value Marketing Automation Platform for SMB's"

What do you like best?

If you're a marketing agency, SharpSpring can bring you the following benefits:

1. Deep interaction and understanding of your client at all levels of their organization

2. A long term monthly subscription based revenue stream

3. The ability to transform your clients marketing through measurable marketing activities

4. A UI that is enables you to create complex landing pages and bespoke email marketing campaigns

5. The price is about right for pitching to SMB's

6. The support team is knowledgeable and quick to respond to queries

What do you dislike?

I'd like the lead capture screens to be more drag and drop oriented and to have some more design features added.

Although Sharpspring provides Zapier for integration, it would be great to have more native integrations to reduce reliance on that integration technology.

On the plus side, Sharpspring frequently adds new features which mean things general evolve quite rapidly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great marketing automation software for SMB's looking to track engagement and nurture leads into clients.

Effective for B2B or B2C style businesses.

I use Sharpspring as a marketing automation platform for Small Medium Businesses (SMB's) to help them improve their digital marketing ROI.

The platform easily integrates with pretty much any website type and allows me to demonstrate the effectiveness of my digital marketing campaigns to my clients as it tracks visitors and engagement (in terms of clicks and subscriptions) to landing pages and the email campaigns I create.

As a digital marketer, It's the heart of my offering.

SharpSpring review by Lucy G.
Lucy G.

"Great Value for an advanced product"

What do you like best?

The constant support from SharpSpring at the speed of their support team makes it really easy to reduce downtime if you are stuck on any part of the product!

The system really ties in the sales and marketing to work together and really help to define qualified leads for the sales team members. The email builder is so easy to use which reduces the stress and time it used to take to make previous email campaigns!

What do you dislike?

It does take a long time to work out the product and you have to be dedicated to make sure you retain all the information but your on boarding specialist really helps with this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great to tie in all your sales and marketing and make 2 teams of people into 1, It has improved our structure and given us time to think of new ideas and expand what we can do!

It has saved us a lot of time and now allows us to record and monitor our sales and marketing to really see what works and what doesn't. It also has allowed us to see the correlation between how many more website views we get when sending emails out - helping us to expand our knowledge of our database and what they want to see on our websites and the use of Visitor ID supports our tracking gives us live updates of our visitors to the sites.

SharpSpring review by Jaymie S.
Jaymie S.

"Very much a fan of SharpSpring- has truly drove value since day one"

What do you like best?

I love the personal customer care. They were with me and my team every step of the way. I also got what I wanted day one: one dashboard with accurate viewing of all our finance, sales and marketing efforts. Really connects the dots for us, and for our clients who also request this.

What do you dislike?

You have to be committed. It takes a solid 6 weeks to learn the tools, though time well invested. There's even ways to have dynamic content on your landing pages, track website visitors through the lead process, and persona-dynamic emails and webpages. So yeah- worth learning to stay current.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely trial it. Also on their site, they have comparisons between their software and others. That was really helpful when I was trying to decide the pros and cons- and what's right for my company.

I needed a dashboard to see across the departments-- from finance to marketing to sales. What really works; what's a waste of time. SharpSpring does this- and more. It also makes deploying instances for our clients affordable too. So over time, this investment can pay for itself.

SharpSpring review by Christina H.
Christina H.

"Best Value + AWESOME Support + WP Integration"

What do you like best?

Hands down they have the best onboarding process I've ever seen. Most companies sign you up and then give you some videos and access to support and toss you in. They have a scripted process they follow that includes unlimited access to an onboarding specialist for the first 60 days. But when I was onboarding clients quickly into the platform, he didn't hesitate to jump into the trenches with me and spend our sessions setting things up for those clients instead of following the script.

What do you dislike?

The landing page building kind of sucks, but I'm using Thrive Architect with WordPress for landing pages anyway, so I really didn't care.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendation is to just talk to the team. Ask your questions, let them show you around the software, and get comfortable with them. The software is great and will do it's job, and the people behind it will show you how amazing they are.

We started as a HubSpot partner agency, but ran into the same problems that you'll see other reviewers throwing out there. The cost of the software is too pricey for most customers. The contracts are not appealing. And we basically had to cut our own profits to get them into the software.

SharpSpring is super affordable for even our smallest clients with their Mail+ Platform, and for clients with a little more budget we can use the full Automation Suite. There are no lengthy contracts. So we're able to easily just pop SharpSpring in as a line item on our contracts with the clients and we haven't had anyone turn it down yet.

SharpSpring review by Jeff T.
Jeff T.

"Helping Our Agency Grow Leads and Grow Overall"

What do you like best?

Can really get started quickly. From importing current contacts via CSV to sending those initial contacts an email, it's fast, simple and can bring some great results. Our agency began using SharpSpring in late 2016 after we compared other marketing automation platforms. The pricing structure was just what our growing digital agency needed...not to break our bank, but to allow us to mature and grow and provide awesome automation solutions to our client base.

I also like that the SharpSpring developers are continuously looking for ways to improve the platform. Adding new integrations, new partnerships with other vendors, improving UX, etc. It's all good stuff :)

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I think SharpSpring is the small fish in a pond of larger fish...but soon, they will fully mature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can't beat the startup costs and all the features that SharpSpring can provide you! I reviewed 5 other marketing automation platforms and after being basically "bullied" into signing a huge contract with one of the platforms I came across SharpSpring and their awesome interactive demo and down to earth sales team. That was the biggest reason I started with SharpSpring and continue to be impressed every week!

Our agency doesn't have a sales team, we're just made up of a handful of partners currently, and we're able to nurture new clients and grow our leads into customers all by utilizing workflows and email campaigns. Couldn't grow without SharpSpring.

SharpSpring review by Maria Clara S.
Maria Clara S.

"Easy and fast marketing automation"

What do you like best?

The capacity to understand your clients interests, in order to make campaigns to focalized segments.

What do you dislike?

Nothing in particular. As a fact we are very happy with the use of SharpSpring in Sales and Marketing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best value for money.

Easy way to begin with CRM processes in organizations that has not been use it previously.

Support sales process with digital marketing automation in one software.

Unlimited users for the same fee.

You can go to massive number of clients with personalized messages, and as a sales person complete your CRM journey through the sales process with easy ways to touch your client in many ways. Is amazing to notice who is interested in your comunication in order to proceed with your sales process.

SharpSpring review by Brian V.
Brian V.

"Must-have automated marketing and sales tool "

What do you like best?

Our digital marketing team is now able to offer marketing tools previously only available to larger companies. SharpSpring offers small and mid-sized companies an incredible opportunity to exponentially expand their ROI. With partner-preferred pricing on licenses and other agency-exclusive benefits, we are able to deliver affordable access to software that streamlines and activates lead generation, contact handling, sales management, and analytics.

What do you dislike?

No dislikes so far. Our staff has offered feedback during the onboarding process and customer support is outstanding with highly trained and responsive staff. SharpSpring is just a few years old, but updates are clearly based on feedback. Software enhancements are practical, intuitive and frequent.

SharpSpring easily pays for itself with the precision marketing data, automated management, and time efficiency the service brings to our clients. We can offer clients a fully integrated tool to merge sales and marketing outreach strategy and increase ROI.

SharpSpring review by Greg D.
Greg D.

"SharpSpring Is My Team's MVP "

What do you like best?

What I like best about SharpSpring is that they specialize in providing powerful professional tools to marketing agencies for a fraction of what other platforms like Infusionsoft and HubSpot charge.

I spent a good month looking at all the other companies in the automation space. I sat through multiple demos and heard all of the sales pitches. I settled on ShaprSpring for three main reasons.

1) They had good tools. Their workflows and campaign tools were every bit as good as what I saw with other platforms. I could finally have my landing page builder and my email automation in the same application along with an awesome CRM and sales manager.

2) They were so much less expensive! I'm not kidding you. My cost for SharpSpring is a fraction of what I would pay for the same services through HubSpot or one of the others.

3) They don't compete with me. Sure, companies can use SharpSpring directly, but they pay way more than agencies do. These people have a real desire to help marketing agencies succeed and they back it up by providing serious value. Infusionsoft wanted to charge me more than my house payment each month for services and then they were going to directly compete with me for my clients' business! SharpSpring plays for my team and I wouldn't trade them for anything.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I need connectivity to a service or want a feature that is still in development, so I have to have some patience. But, honestly, that's a small price to pay for the dedication and hustle that these folks bring to my team. They are constantly working to improve the product and I'm continually impressed with their results.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are an agency, there is no better partner than SharpSpring. Make sure you ask anyone else you may be considering how they keep you clients from going around you and dealing with them directly. Also, pay close attention to the number of manageable contacts and customer accounts you get. SharpSpring give you 100,000 contacts and three client contacts without charging you extra. Most other don't even come close to that.

With ShaprSpring, I am able to offer game-changing automation to my clients. I use the CRM to collect customer data from everything – recruiting ads, marketing ads, Facebook ads, landing pages, website pages, you name it. They've always had Google Analytics and Facebook Insights, but with SharpSpring, they now have names, faces, and profiles.

I have found ways to integrate chat applications, Facebook Messenger, text message applications, and more into SharpSpring. This give me the ability to, not only market to my client's customers, but to re-market to them as well using email campaigns.

The other really cool thing that I have been able to do with SharpSpring is export contacts from the CRM and load them into Facebook for audience building. Combining a bit of collected data about our local loyal customers with the power of a Facebook lookalike audience delivers ad targeting on an unprecedented level.

SharpSpring review by Sarah J.
Sarah J.

"Great automation tool with responsive support"

What do you like best?

SharpSpring is very easy to use even with its extensive range of features. The support is also excellent, I usually receive a response within an hour or so, and if what I want to do isn't possible you can submit a feature request for it to be added to their development roadmap.

What do you dislike?

SharpSpring is still lacking some features to make it a perfect fit for our business, and sometimes to do what we want you have to go a long way round but i'm sure this will improve over time.

SharpSpring action groups (workflows) has allowed us to set up 'drip-feed' emails to our prospects which is constantly running in the background. We also benefit greatly from SharpSpring's reporting features which enable us to report on the success of emails, number of new opportunities, opportunity stages, sales person success etc most of which can be easily exported to CSV.

SharpSpring review by James K.
James K.

"A superb blend of power and affordability for agencies of all sizes "

What do you like best?

SharpSpring has a huge amount of features and is really amazing value versus other solutions. They have hit a sweet spot with agencies like us of offering a solid platform with truly exceptional value. Not only are the monthly costs very affordable, but they also include free licenses for us to use with clients. When you consider the fact that competitors want us to charge clients in the region of £500 or more per month for marketing automation then this is a perfect way to get clients on board at very low risk. On top of this, the SharpSpring customer support is truly excellent with the team being quick to reply and eager to resolve any issues as soon as possible.

What do you dislike?

To be honest, there is very little to dislike. The platform is full of features and is always being improved. The UX could be improved in certain instances to be more intuitive but the team at SharpSpring welcome feature requests and feedback and always come back with good reasons why they are or are not going to develop your request.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simply the best value marketing automation platform out there in terms of pricing and features. You will not find another company that comes close. This is especially important for small to medium -sized agencies where monthly license costs are key. The free licenses that SharpSpring gives you are also vital in ensuring that you can onboard clients with little or no friction.

SharpSpring is very likely to be the most important investment we have ever made in terms of tools and software. As a B2B marketing agency, we were frustrated with our lack of ability to increase our value to clients beyond simply creating content. We lacked the ability to create landing pages or email campaigns, or the capability to give clients detailed insight into who was interacting with digital campaigns. SharpSpring totally changes all of that. It gives us a huge new capability to offer clients inbound marketing and lead scoring as well other really valuable tools such as the ability to create attractive landing pages, forms and email campaigns. Of course, we can also create drip-feed email campaigns based on customer behaviours. The level of prospect insight is also key for clients who want to understand more about who is interacting with them digitally. We had been looking at other marketing automation platforms for a year (especially Hubspot) but the huge price tag was a barrier to entry. SharpSpring has completely transformed our offering to make it vastly more compelling to prospects and existing clients. This is especially the case as they include free licenses for us to use with clients as we see fit. I'll even venture, that SharpSpring is such good value that I had to see what the catch was....and there is none (they even give you a one month notice period). SharpSpring is great and once we have demonstrated the capabilities of the platform then to many people it's a no-brainer. In time, I have no doubt that it will open up several other revenue streams.

SharpSpring review by Susan M.
Susan M.

"Powerful Program -- Another 'Must-have' in your Toolbox"

What do you like best?

After reviewing several marketing platforms for ourselves as well as for our clients, we found SharpSpring to be the best of 'all' worlds. It's robust enough to compete with the larger enterprise programs and intuitive enough that it offers a smooth transition from a simple email marketing system.

What do you dislike?

I honestly haven't found anything that I dislike about the program. I've had questions during my ramp-up period and support has been surprisingly thorough and responsive, and the instructional media is good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SharpSpring has a great agency model we can can offer to our clients. In fact, we switched not just ourselves, but two clients from the software we used previously.

SharpSpring allows us to create robust sales pipelines and assign lead scoring so that our marketing teams can work more in tandem with the sales teams, handing them better-qualified leads. We also love the ability to track who is on our website and what their activity level is, as well as the ability to offer a customized experience based on customer behavior using their dynamic text feature.

SharpSpring review by Rebecca R.
Rebecca R.

"SharpSpring from a Partner Perspective"

What do you like best?

SharpSpring is very easy to use for someone who may not be super tech savvy-like me! I am the content writer and client manager so I do need to use SharpSpring to send emails and manage our leads. It's very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

There are a couple of design features that could use some updating, but SharpSpring is constantly updating their interface and they take our feedback and utilize it, so I'm never too worried. I'd like a 'back' option in the email function. Currently, you have to navigate back from the menu bar. It's not a deal breaker, it would just make things that much quicker and more productive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SharpSpring is perfect for a small or medium agency, like us. We currently have 5 clients on SharpSpring and will be adding up to 3 more in the next 2 months. If I'm doing a lengthy automation, it can take up to 2 working days to write all of the content and load the emails in. We are a small team of 2, so with the amount we manage, SharpSpring is just perfect. I think you just have to see what's best for your client. We still have some clients only using free email services, such as Mail Chimp or Gmail because they don't have the need for automation yet. As they grow, we will upgrade them. A much larger database holding clients may find advantages to other platforms, but again SharpSpring is perfect for small to medium clients.

SharpSpring allows us to track information for our clients that we would not be able to find elsewhere with this budget. Personally, I use SharpSpring to onboard new clients (with an automation) as well as track our leads. Whenever we sign a new client, I just send them an email with next steps for their onboarding process and it has saved me LOADS of time!

SharpSpring review by Administrator

"Muy buena"

What do you like best?

Herramienta de Marketing automation intuitiva que me permite generar más lead en el menor tiempo y conocer ROI y tiene un excelente soporte. La automatización muy fáciles de Generar y mandar correos personalizados es una de las cosas que mas utilizamos.. Generar contenido Blog lo puede hacer cualquier persona no es necesario saber programar es una herramienta para que todos puedan utilizar.

What do you dislike?

En guste no hay nada que no me guste solo mejoraría la analítica para Redes Sociales ni cuestionarios. Falta desarrollar más la parte de reporte ya que es una herramienta de marketing y necesitamos medir los resultados.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recomiento Sharpspring para campañas de Inbound marketing, mejora tu estrategia de marketing en poco tiempo y con grandes resultados.

Mejorar mi contenido y mi SEO

atraer más Leads calificados y ver quien visita mi sitio

seguimiento de mis campañas y conocer ROI

Segmentación de Leads

El precio es muy accesible para agencia y es una herramienta que permite crecer

SharpSpring review by Zechariah J.
Zechariah J.

"The Best of the Best"

What do you like best?

Sharpspring's constantly improving software provides every feature that my company and I needs. From email marketing automation to lead tracking- this system has everything configured to a science. The pricing is amazing and the customer support that you receive as a client is unmatched. Another aspect that highly impresses me is their ability to improve. Just when I feel that Sharpspring has peaked and cannot get any better.. they do just that! Learn the software and you'll love it.

What do you dislike?

I'm 100% satisfied with my past and continued experiences with Sharpspring.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the tutorials! They're great!

We are able to monitor all of our reps activities seamlessly, where beforehand it took away countless hours just to ensure our reps were on track. Another tool that I love is the VisitorID function. We were able to teach our reps to track active visitors on our website to monitor how hot the leads were which resulted in higher conversions.

SharpSpring review by Megan G.
Megan G.

"Excellent Marketing Tool for a Small Business"

What do you like best?

It is easy and intuitive to use. I am new to the company and was able to figure the system out fairly quickly.

What do you dislike?

SharpSpring is a pretty basic system. They are lacking in their targeting and segmenting capabilities. While we have an API built, it's been a challenge to get the data to flow correctly between the systems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is good for a small company that is looking for a basic Marketing software. It walks you through step-by-step how to start using and what features you may be missing out on. The monthly pricing is a bonus.

We are currently using it to follow-up with and nurture marketing leads.

SharpSpring review by "Captain" Kirk H.
"Captain" Kirk H.

"When it comes to CRMs, Marketing Automation, or ESPs SharpSpring is the only platform I recommend"

What do you like best?

The robust features of SharpSpring have allowed my firm and my clients to consolidate software and therefore right out of the gate be able to affect the bottom line. Once fully implemented we've seen increases in revenue and efficiency for not only ourselves, but our clients.

What do you dislike?

Just like any robust platform there is a bit of a learning curve to take full advantage of the plethora of features SharpSpring provides.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure you're prepared for the learning curve, and work backwards. Identify the kinds of information you want to be able to track, the campaigns you want to run, and then work backwards towards how you will track and implement those campaigns.

One of the biggest problem SharpSpring has helped us solve is the ability to focus our sales efforts on individuals that are truly ready to purchase our services. With SharpSpring we can focus our efforts on prospects that have spent their time researching who we are and what we do. Furthermore SharpSpring has allowed us to view what our prospects are looking at (both emails we've sent them and pages they have viewed on our website). We have found this information invaluable when it comes to being prepared for that "first phone call" with a prospect.

SharpSpring review by Cassidy H.
Cassidy H.

"Salesforce sync does not work as advertised"

What do you like best?

It was pretty easy to use and if you are using it as a CRM, I could see how it would be helpful for small businesses.

What do you dislike?

We were (WAY) oversold on the Salesforce sync. We were under the impression, from both SharpSpring and our 3rd party vendor, that SharpSpring would sync with Accounts and Campaigns. This is not the case; only Leads and Contacts sync at this time. Since a lot of our marketing is account-based, this would not work for us. It would have been helpful to know this during the beginning of the implementation phase instead of it taking 3 months to figure out. In addition, the email editor and landing page editor are very buggy. It is helpful to have a person on staff who knows HTML. We also had deliverability issues, but did not dig too deep into it since we found out the sync did not work properly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't use if you plan to integrate with Salesforce.

Unfortunately, it did not work for us. If you plan to integrate with a different CRM, I highly recommend a different platform.

SharpSpring review by Alexandre V.
Alexandre V.

""If you build it, they will come""

What do you like best?

We like the ease to use of SharpSpring with our clients and agency partners. First all, the competitive price. No none beat it. At second, all licenses are Full feature. Point. It's ease to implement, to manage and to generate reports. Not mention the support and on boarding team.

What do you dislike?

We're facing a lot of "mind set changing"in terms of understand the work flow mechanism, with its own logic, different from other platforms, where we use drag and drop features to create workflows. In SS we have to "map" it to create. But once created, it works so well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please, if you are in digital business, SharpSpring its a must use!

The Visitor ID feature allow us to know for sure all history of a lead, BEFORE they becomes a lead; What paths they cross along the journey and that way we can see if theres an alignment with the paths we've early created in our goals definition. And still on the route or adjust it .

SharpSpring review by Meghan P.
Meghan P.

"Nice to have an economical marketing automation option"

What do you like best?

Sharpspring makes more advanced marketing tech available to all of our clients - even the smaller, more risk-averse businesses. I have also had a wonderful experience with everyone I've spoken to - responsive, helpful, and friendly.

What do you dislike?

It can be a little glitchy, but tech support is usually pretty good about solving it in a reasonable time frame. If you have many very tight deadlines, this might not be for you.

It's not platinum-level ease of use. However, it is far easier to use and a far more robust platform than you would expect for the price.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's really best to have someone on your team with decent, basic coding skills. You don't need to code, per say, but it makes customization and solving glitches a lot easier.

It's probably best for clients who have never used marketing automation before.

They're always coming out with new features (landing pages, personas, etc.), so you might have to be a little more patient than with competing software, but it'll be there eventually.

They have some support docs and webinars, but you're not going to get as many big, detailed tutorials that you might get with competitors, so you may need to do some self-teaching. There's not as much hand holding (but you're also not paying to have your hand held).

Our clients especially love that they can tell who is on the website.

We're able to offer any benefit of marketing automation to our clients at the pace that they are ready to adopt it.

SharpSpring review by Danilo S.
Danilo S.

"Excellent Tool for Inbound Marketing"

What do you like best?

The tool is easy to use and its workflow area is very useful.

What do you dislike?

For now nothing displeases me, I came from another tool and I'm really enjoying it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend, it has been very helpful and the cost benefit is excellent.

We have been using the Sharpspring tool for a year and a half, and we have nothing to complain about to date. SharpSpring has very useful and interesting functions, and it has really helped our process with clients. Since we’ve partnered with SharpSpring, new functions have been launched, adding even higher value. We found it very professional that the release of these new functions came with no additional cost. All of our customers praise our choice of partnering with SharpSpring. Because of the amazing client feedback, we plan to keep this partnership for a long time.

SharpSpring review by Lianne P.
Lianne P.

"SharpSpring has proved to be complex but still user-friendly"

What do you like best?

I love the look and organization of the platform. Almost everything is easy to find and easy to figure out, even if you don't know exactly where to look at first. The SpringBoard Help tab and the Get Support function are both very useful for finding answers to questions.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that some of the sections (like Scheduled Events) don't have a search function. This would be really useful and we actually just submitted a feature request for it and I believe they are working on it! I also don't like that you can't work in multiple instances at once. Maybe this is a functionality flaw that can't be overcome, but if it could that would be really cool!

Recommendations to others considering the product

SharpSpring is very user-friendly, but at the same time has many useful functions. It is relatively inexpensive and the quality of support is exceptional! You can easily jump on the phone with SharpSpring support and get your questions answered and your problems troubleshooted right away.

As a financial marketing firm, with so many products and emails to handle, SharpSpring makes it very easy for us to automate when emails are being sent out. I think it saves a lot of time and simplifies the process for us. Scheduling emails and workflows in SharpSpring is super easy, especially once you've been doing it for a while. I think a lot of businesses who utilize email marketing would benefit from this platform. Also, any businesses who are interested in lead generation, lead nurturing, or lead and campaign management.

SharpSpring review by Andrea G.
Andrea G.

"Choosing a Marketing Automation platform. "

What do you like best?

SharpSpring has responsive support and carries the number one quality I look for in a software: Innovation. I know this platform won't become stale or outdated. Their email creation and landing pages are on par with Hubspot, and outperform others I have used. I only anticipate they will improve, as I see new features come out regularly.

What do you dislike?

The automation tasks and workflows can take a bit of time to figure out. There is not a visual way to view workflows, which can be challenging when designing a campaign. The software can be buggy, although a refresh usually fixes this. Their help center could be better documented and searchable, but I typically turn to support when I can't find what I need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are evaluating Hubspot, look at SharpSpring.

We are moving more toward automation in our email outreach, and designing repeatable templates for landing pages. The faster I can turn out campaigns, which SharpSpring helps with, the more time I can spend analyzing customer behavior and where our funnel can improve.

SharpSpring review by Carlo V.
Carlo V.

"Touch the future"

What do you like best?

When you are searching for a serious and honest partner in Marketing Automation. Sharpspring would be it.

This highly dynamic team of experts are creating a wonderful peace of software, always upgrading it for the best of the customer. With this kind of features at an affordable price, ROI is guaranteed... You just have to find a good service solution partner.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if it could post social media ads based on customer behavior... but probably they are already working on it ;-)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Imagine a future where more customers will find your company, just by doing an automatic process that always learns and learns... one day the distance between you and the competition will be large enough to assure continuity of your services... It also creates a permanent value in your business. Not only assets and people but knowledge and data....

B2B solutions in marketing en sales... and of course services as content marketing.

SharpSpring review by Simon R.
Simon R.

"Great balalnce of features, easy of use, intuative design, great pricing and great support"

What do you like best?

Many of our clients are small organisations and they want to use the system themselves - as a result, the fact that it is easy to use and designed in a common sense way, new users can quickly start to get results and don't feel overwhelmed by the system. That said the feature set is extensive and powerful and being added to on a regular basis. Support is good and SS are responsive. Pricing is very competitive.

What do you dislike?

Occasional bugs and performance issues but these are sorted quickly. Lack of awareness of new features of system tweaks can throw you when not expected (this is largely resolved now as they have a good 'up-coming features / changes' communication). Could do more with social media & SEO functions

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not as feature rich as some higher end (and very expensive!) products but really, really good balance of price, features, ease of use and support.

Tracking prospects effectively, campaign attribution is now easy, lead capture and nurturing is the main benefit that MA systems bring and SharspSpring makes this straightforward but offers flexibility due to its rich feature set.

SharpSpring review by George J.
George J.

"As a boutique digital marketing agency, I wouldn't go anywhere else now I have found SharpSpring."

What do you like best?

1. Training platform library; In-depth with video availability to walk through processes.

2. Along with unlimited 24/7 support, in my opinion, these are the two most important features out with cost of course which set SharpSpring apart as the right platform for our boutique digital marketing agency.

3. New integration with Litmus test.

4. Link up with Zapier integration to allow connection to hundreds of 3rd party software providers with the Zapier integration and SharpSpring APIs.

What do you dislike?

1. Monthly fees in dollars do not convert to local UK sterling currency rates, unlike other US marketing software providers. You pay in £ sterling the same monthly fee as in US $ dollars.

2. Email builder while it is satisfactory it could be even more user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

From experience marketing automation requires a lot of investment in;

1. Researching the right platform to meet your business and strategic agency objectives whilst ensuring it will be a good fit for your target market audience who you wish to use the platform.

2. Setting time aside to properly understand the platform and its capabilities.

3. Nothing will beat real world experience via using the software in a live situation to properly get to grips with all the features within the marketing automation platform.

Ensuring clients have the additional ability to move their marketing strategy from simple email campaigns where it is difficult to capture those all important leads through to solving this important issue via complete integration with our new SharpSpring Marketing Software and all the benefits that it offers such as;

1. Nurturing leads that are not quite ready to buy all the way through the sales funnel process till they are ready to purchase.

2. Offering a systematic process to assist in client retention, repeat business and referrals.

SharpSpring review by User

"Quite complicated but when programmed properly it will have its advantages "

What do you like best?

- Lately they introduced a social listening dashboard which is really nice to follow FB pages and repost messages.

- Gives you insights about the people and companies visiting your website.

What do you dislike?

It's quite difficult to start with. It takes a lot of time to find out how the tool works and program it to make it useful for your website/company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When you are implementing the tool, get someone to work on this fulltime. Once you get interrupted with other work it's sometimes hard to get back to it. It takes full focus to know how the features work. After implementing it doesn't take a lot of time to use the tool.

You can automize e-mail and it is easier to see when people might be interested in a service or product. We optimized our emails by interest based on the pages they are reading on our website and the whitepapers they download.

SharpSpring review by Chris S.
Chris S.

"A Very Powerful CRM and Email Automation Platform"

What do you like best?

We are a small marketing agency based in Lancaster, PA. What I like best is that I can offer my clients a CRM/Marketing Automation platform that is both affordable and very powerful. I love the flexibility in tailoring Sharp Spring to any client no mater what they niche market.

I love the fact that our clients have marketing happening to their leads even while they sleep or are to busy to follow up with leads.

I love the tracking features where I can send an email to a lead and when the lead clicks on the email, we can begin tracking their activities. Recently, a had an email in my inbox that said a particular lead had visited my website. Right away I figured I was about to receive a phone call from that person. Sure enough, seconds later, my phone rang. It was great to tell him that I was expecting his call!

There is much more that we hope to implement for our clients over the next year and I am excited about taking it much further.

What do you dislike?

It seem Sharp Spring could use some help in the transition from lead to Opportunities. Sometimes it seems a bit clumsy on that end.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a Lead Management, Email Marketing solution that is reasonable prices but also very powerful, we would highly recommend SharpSpring.

In our company E-Impact Marketing LLC https://e-impactmarketing.com/ we are able to manage a host of leads who are interested in our marketing services (By the way, there is a free account for the agency included in the original plan). I can set reminders, log phone call notes, see which leads and most actively engaged and interested in our services and send email to leads on an automated basis.

We have also realized benefits in offering this reasonably prices service to nearly all of our clients. It gives them a basis for organizing leads and keeping up with managing all of that. Sharp Spring helps with our retainer basis approach to marketing.

SharpSpring review by Deepak B.
Deepak B.

"Affordable marketing automation with a few bugs"

What do you like best?

It's a complete marketing automation tool and not just an email marketing tool. They give you landing pages, workflows, emails, forms, CRM, etc. at a decent price point. So, it's a good first investment to test the marketing automation waters.

They have a monthly pricing option so that prevents vendor lock-in and reduces risk. Also, these folks roll out whatever they are lacking in pretty quickly. The support team is also very helpful.

What do you dislike?

The tool is buggy. And it's not like it refuses to work or something but there are small things which sometimes matter a lot. For example, being able to replace email variables with their values 100% of the times. The landing pages are not 100% customizable in terms of design and CSS. You have to find a workaround and sometimes there's not any workaround available so you have to run with whatever you have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a good first investment to get started with full-fledged marketing automation and evaluate its potential for your business. But, if you are already convinced with the impact of marketing automation for your business and price is not an issue then Hubspot should be your choice.

We were looking to get started with marketing automation and, Sharpspring looked like the most decent investment at the time. It helped us explore marketing automation for our business at the least cost possible.

SharpSpring review by Rod F.
Rod F.

"A Smart Way To Save Time Converting Prospects To Clients"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to quickly build targeted lists, track the life of the relationship, and save a ton of time in the process.

Over the last twelve months Sharp Spring has helped double our client base while reducing the amount of time performing the mundane tasks associated with lead generation.

Now I know exactly who is engaging with me, where the lead originated and can easily automate the follow up and nurturing process.

What do you dislike?

Sharp Spring is a powerful marketing automation tool, but one hiccup is the Landing pages. I have had entire pages disappear and have had to make sure to save a copy of the HTML upon completion,

Recommendations to others considering the product

SharpSpring is definitely the best bang for your buck. Prior to using SharpSpring we looked at Hubspot, Sales Force Infusionsoft, and found SharpSpring to be the best value available.

Local lead generation is our primary function and SharpSpring has helped us shortcut the process using marketing automation. I love having the ability to quickly build targeted lists, know who is engaging with me, what steps the prospect is taking, and being able to easily automate most of the sales process.

SharpSpring review by Gary W.
Gary W.

"Straightforward and inexpensive Inbound Marketing Platform"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and simplicity hands down. As a former HubSpot client, the SharpSpring cost is also a welcome surprise given the functionality included. It's very intuitive to use and this allows us to train clients faster and more efficiently and provide less support and troubleshooting for them on the backend. Of course this lowers our overall cost of doing business. For us at CX3 Group, all the functionality that we formerly used with HubSpot is included, whilst none of the bloat that didn't add value to us or our clients is there. This allows SharpSpring to offer a price point much much lower than HubSpot or it's competitors. In addition, and important for any growing company, SharpSpring has continued to roll out new relevant features over our two year tenure, BUT, they have not raised the pricing a single dollar. In fact, they've changed pricing so that it is incrementally less expensive for agencies to add clients on the platform.

What do you dislike?

Support has had growing pains which is to be expected given the growth of the company. Having said that they are now very responsive and available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the demo which is guided by one of their talented salespeople. It's very impressive and convinced us that we were overpaying for marketing automation by ten times.

SharpSpring solved the cost/benefit problems we had when trying to sell inbound marketing services as a HubSpot client. The benefits have been increased business due to more retainer based clients over the past two years we've used SharpSpring.

SharpSpring review by Michael P.
Michael P.

"SharpSpring and how Michigan Creative Keeps our Clients Informed"

What do you like best?

As the account manager for the agency, I use SharpSpring on an hourly bases. I find the VisitorID feature the most helpful since it allows me to track, qualify, and connect with leads based on which pages they visit on our website.

Another helpful feature is the crm feature. This allows our team to know who reached out to the prospect, what was said, and how the conversation went.

What do you dislike?

Not much to complain about. I guess just the typical bugs that come with the beta stage of the new features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Download it, go through the tutorials, and poke around the various features. Play with the features and learn by trial and error. Have fun and never be afraid to reach out to SharpSpring for help.

What SharpSpring helped us solve the most for our agency was filtering leads into their respected funnel(marketing, video, web, branding). What SharpSpring helped us solve is to create forms that connect to drip campaigns which helps us nurture leads more effectively.

SharpSpring review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"If You Can't Afford HubSpot, It Will Work...Kind Of"

What do you like best?

SharpSpring tries very hard to cater to agencies, and their pricing model really does reflect that. It is an affordable marketing tool for nearly every business and we've been able to sign almost all of our clients onto to the platform. Also, the beginning weeks of training were nice overall, though if you have a small staff, like us, it is hard to find the time to get past the basic level information and into the deeper functionality of the platform.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, the platform has not been very user friendly for us. HubSpot was a headache at first, especially when it came to designing emails, but our team quickly got a hang of it...with SharpSpring, we are constantly having issues with their email and landing page designer that we never are able to solve. We also had an incident this week where a large amount of contacts were deleted (it was an error on our part), but we were shocked to know that they could not be restored at all. We had a similar issue in HubSpot, but they were able to restore our account within a few days. Overall, you get what you pay for, so you just have to balance out ease of use with what you're willing to pay.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try if you can't afford another program, and try to do as many training sessions in your first few weeks as possible! Really get to know the software before implementing too many clients.

We use SharpSpring as the main email marketing platform for all of our clients. We are slowly getting into all of the Sales and campaign functions.

SharpSpring review by Scott M.
Scott M.

"Email Marketing Made Simple"

What do you like best?

The platform has a simple layout and is easy to navigate. Things are where they say they are.

What do you dislike?

If you're a newbie, this might be complicated for you. However, the group offers excellent support. Plus, there are a lot of tutorials. It's worth the time to learn because the tools are powerful and are worth it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's worth looking at ShaprSpring for several reasons:

1) They built a very promising platform, and they are always open to feedback. Really. They listen. They collaborate. What other group is doing that?

2) Customer service is ready to help, and they bend over backwards to do so. They are polite, and the really do want things work out. In short: They care.

3) The system could be difficult for a newbie, but they have tons of tutorials, and they WILL get together with you via GoToMeeting, phone, whatever it takes to get the job done.

4) This platform is moving forward and keeping ahead of the curve. They're keeping up to date on business needs and trends, and they know the difference.

E-mail marketing, seo, managing data/analytics

SharpSpring review by Thomas T.
Thomas T.

"Sharpspring Review From an Agency Perspective"

What do you like best?

There are a few key features that I believe set Sharpspring apart from similar automation platforms in this price range -

1. Ability to share content across client instances -

As a small agency, maximizing our resources and bandwidth is crucial. Content creation can be a real time sink, so having the ability to use templates, emails, etc across instances saves a ton of time in both creation and organization.

2. Life of Lead - (& Email syncing)

I am not aware of another platform that offers something like this or in the way that Sharpspring does it. I have used about a dozen different platforms from SMB to enterprise level (think Eloqua, Hubspot, Marketo) and this feature is only available in Sharpspring to my knowledge. This is the feature that tends to get the most 'ooohs and aaahs' when we demo it to a client. I would include the ability to sync your email Mailbox with Sharpspring as part of this feature.

3. Full functional CRM - I know that a lot of platforms do this or can integrate with a 3rd party CRM, but having it all in a single platform is a plus for us because most of our clients are SMB and do not have the budget for something like Salesforce or to program an API. In my opinion it makes no sense to have a MAP and not have either a built-in CRM or an integration with one.

What do you dislike?

1. Communication regarding updates - It sometimes seems like new dev items get migrated into production without notification (or at least without proactive notification. By "proactive" I mean in a way where I do not have to search it out in the partner portal). As an Eloqua user I am accustom to very thorough and precise communication re: dev items both on the roadmap and soon to be migrated.

2. Antiquated Workflow Editor - I just recently learned that Sharpspring will be rolling out a new Workflow Editor that intends to be more of a GUI-click and drag editor. Until that happens, the current workflow editor can be confusing when creating flows with lots of steps. Sharpspring's current editor is essentially the same as Hubspot's in that regard, but a world away from something like Eloqua or even Autopilot. I am looking forward to the new one.

3. Importing/Updating/Exporting Data - My biggest gripe in this area is on the export side. Every time I want to export data I have to export the entire contact record with all of the fields. sometimes this is OK, and other times it can be a real pain when there are a lot of custom fields. I rarely ever need the entire record,

I think I pretty much covered this in the "Likes" section. Resource/Bandwidth allocation is one of our biggest concerns, and we are solving some of that by having the ability to have one marketing automation "hub" for all of our Sharpspring clients. We do have clients that use other platforms, and it definitely makes it easier when I can stay within a single platform and work on multiple client projects at the same time.

Learn more about SharpSpring

SharpSpring Videos

Learning about SharpSpring?

* We monitor all SharpSpring reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.