SherpaDesk

Learning about SherpaDesk?

SherpaDesk Reviews

Ask SherpaDesk a Question
Showing 17 SherpaDesk reviews
SherpaDesk review by Lewis C.
Lewis C.

"Excellent service which helps our company daily"

What do you like best?

Everything can be customised and built to your requirements which makes the platform very powerful. I love the integrations - we are looking to integrate our finance application soon and enable the time-tracking - this will be fantastic for our business. This service works for our small business as I am the only technician and so we can keep our costs down drastically. As the business grows we will be happy to add on technicians and pay the fee.

What do you dislike?

The add-ons seem very overpriced. For example, to use our custom domain for the portal address it will cost us $10 a month - this seems a lot considering we already own the domain! The asset management is of interest to us but that is only available as a whole package upgrade which mostly contains features we don't need

It would be good to be able to re-skin what the portal looks like when logged in. At the moment the Sherpadesk logo sits at the top left but ideally we would like our logo there if it were possible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cut down the features to start with and then build them back up as you create a use for them as it can be overwhelming otherwise.

For our business it is mostly to do with time-tracking as even if I don't specifically set the time per task, it can be seen the general time being spent on support resources which can then be compensated for accordingly.

We have also added a 'new employee' process which is just a class of ticket. This is a real-time saver as the requester can specify which services the user needs etc.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SherpaDesk
SherpaDesk review by Nathanael C.
Nathanael C.

"Great Ticket System With Few Flaws"

What do you like best?

The UI is simple yet full featured, very intuitive and easy for techs and end users to use capably right away. Reporting features are numerous and can provide a lot of helpful metrics such as ticket closures by technician, categories of closed tickets, etc.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app is slow and limited compared to the web site. You cannot filter tickets in the All Open view in the app. The app provides no way to set a category on a ticket at close. Honestly their app is the only thing preventing me from giving them 9 or 10.

Incident tracking and history have been greatly improved since we implemented SherpaDesk. Not only do we have a record of troubleshooting steps taken for each incident, but if we suspect a problem has happened before, we can review a user's ticket history to find previous steps taken.

What Time Tracking solution do you use?

SherpaDesk review by Jamie L.
Jamie L.

"Great concept, poor support"

What do you like best?

The price of this software was what initially attracted me to to try it. I signed up for the free account which came with a trial for the Basecame version. It boasted about the first technician always being free and as a small MSP provider, it seemed to hit the bases I needed for a simple helpdesk with billing. The interface was sleek and appeared simple.

What do you dislike?

After I began configuring, I realized that there was no true manual or documentation for setup. I think this is because they charge for product training. The solutions they provided for documentation include a knowledge base where they've compiled questions that have been asked that they have answered. I also soon found out after my trial expired, that they begin to nickle and dime you left and right for various integration or feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unless your willing to spend a good amount on product training from sherpadesk, I wouldn't recommend this product, especially for small businesses. They may boast about being a solutions provider for small business's, but there are better solutions available that offer the features of sherpadesk and then some.

Sherpadesk did not solve the helpdesk problem I had tried to software for. I chose to go with a different software.

SherpaDesk review by Derek I.
Derek I.

"I have used the others and this is perfect"

What do you like best?

I like the freemium model, that does not shortchange the features and functionality. I have engaged with the owner/developer many times and hands down this is the best support I have seen even against the "biggies" (autotask, connectwise, tigerpaw, etc). It loads quickly, easy setup, and fully functional quickly.

What do you dislike?

I had to think hard and nope... there is nothing that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great solution for tech startups and IT companies, I recommend it regularly.

I solved paying for 3 applications for time tracking, ticketing, and customer reports.

SherpaDesk review by Craig N.
Craig N.

"My life with SherpaDesk"

What do you like best?

The interface and ease of use help me keep track of all of my tasks on a day to day basis. The fact that it’s free for me isn’t bad either. I am the only technician in my organization. Being able to use this tool is beyond valuable. Especially since we are a not for profit organization.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike. I have had issues signing in but the tech support with Sherpadesk is always right there to help me. They have always been courteous and quick to respond.

I was extremely unorganized with my tasks. Now I have a place where I can view all of my corporations issues with ease and keep up with the progress of everything I do

SherpaDesk review by Daniel G.
Daniel G.

"Great tool for multi-company consultants"

What do you like best?

As a consultant with multiple companies under contract it was getting harder and harder to keep track of all the individual projects through emails. My conversion to Sherpadesk was nearly painless and has really helped me stay on top of my customers needs. I'm loving this product.

What do you dislike?

There were a few issues setting up, but their helpdesk really was on the ball and answered all of my issues in a timely manner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out. It's easy to set up and you can't beat the price for the quality of this product.

It is a great product for keeping track of my clients needs. It filled my needs perfectly.

SherpaDesk review by User in Higher Education

"Simple ticket system - maybe a little too simple "

What do you like best?

Sherpadesk is pretty user friendly because it is very simple to use. However, it might be a little too simplistic, as it cannot do many advanced functions. If you're looking for just a quick way to log and track tickets, it does the trick. However, if you want something really robust with a lot of CRM-like features, you won't find it here.

What do you dislike?

Mobile site does not work very well, as fields and things are not fully accessible on a mobile device. You can separate things into queues, but that is not always robust enough when farming data on like issues.

We needed a ticket system to track incidents and service requests for our IT Help Desk. We use sherpadesk to keep track of incidents and achieve SLAs.

SherpaDesk review by Sandy S.
Sandy S.

"SherpaDesk Review"

What do you like best?

SherpaDesk is adaptable for all users and groups of users. It's simple to enter, update, work on and close a ticket, and assets can be attached to a ticket. It's all web-based, so there is no client, so it's very device agnostic. The reports are informative and easy to generate. The process is now simpler to transfer tickets, including a feature to automatically route tickets to a user or queue.

What do you dislike?

We transitioned from the another program, so it took a little time to learn how to effectively use SherpaDesk.

In general, it has allowed for a sustainable amount of tickets where IT can efficiently resolve issues

SherpaDesk review by Administrator

"IT management made easy!"

What do you like best?

SherpaDesk provides a simple way to request and track support, IT issues, requests, and set-ups with a streamlined, easy to learn and use process.

What do you dislike?

I have yet to find something I dislike, except for the fact that sometimes transferring tickets isn't as clear it as I would like.

SherpaDesk has completely changed our IT support system at school. Teachers now make all requests through the platform, and they are able to then follow their request - be it support or set up - until the process is complete. With SherpaDesk, we have been able to take what was a teadious and chaotic system and turn it into a smooth, streamlined management system.

SherpaDesk review by Matt C.
Matt C.

"IT Help Center ticketing system"

What do you like best?

email notifications, queues, and the product is very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

nothing that jumps out at me as a dislike

Recommendations to others considering the product

None

Creating FAQs for recurring items; this helps cut down on calls and emails. Benefits certainly include the ability to reference back to old tickets in order to take care of current issues, and it's also a great way to keep track of all "tasks" that you're working on.

SherpaDesk review by Ellen H.
Ellen H.

"Sherpa Desk time management "

What do you like best?

Sherpa desk allows me to account for consultation time and generate invoices!

What do you dislike?

A bit difficult to learn all the functions that are available.

I can access all the information with ease on my phone. Time can be tracked accurately without having to transition to my laptop or desktop.

SherpaDesk review by David J.
David J.

"Sherpa desk - wonderful product"

What do you like best?

I would highly recommend Sherpa Desk. We used it for technology and facilities ticket management and tracking. The ease of use greatly exceeded the competition, especially at a low price point.

What do you dislike?

The iPhone app is clunky. It has improved but could still use some work

Tracking multiple technicians and managing tiers of tickets has reduced work time 10%

SherpaDesk review by Administrator in Law Enforcement
Administrator in Law Enforcement

"Customer Service Experience"

What do you like best?

The interaction with their support personnel to include their senior leadership is on-point. They do not flaunt titles and you never know that the person you were speaking with was one of the creators of the product.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to "delete" records but understand the limitations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely try the free tech license they offer which is very gracious of their company to offer.

We are using the product to organize all support request for our homeowner's association and it helps us not to miss a beat.

SherpaDesk review by Thomas L.
Thomas L.

"Amazing Product!"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the software makes life super easy.

What do you dislike?

So far by using this product i have no complaints.

Helps me keep track of helpdesk tickets

SherpaDesk review by User in Higher Education

"Infrequent user of Sherpa Desk"

What do you like best?

I appreciate how intuitive this product is. Although it's rare that I have to use SherpaDesk, it is never difficult to return to. Aesthetically it is simple and effective.

What do you dislike?

This system does not reserve space for maintenance and so it is incomplete for my needs. The perfect product might incorporate the project tracking features of SherpaDesk along with the space management features of an event management software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a clean looking tool which should be easy to train people on.

Work orders and event logistics are routed through SherpaDesk. The ticket record helps track progress on projects.

SherpaDesk review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Great Program"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of navigation through the task that are assigned.

What do you dislike?

Closing a work order can sometimes be a little challenging if one piece of information is missed.

The program makes it easier to see all the work orders for each school and the ability to plan for materials and parts needed for each task.

SherpaDesk review by User in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
User in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

"Sherpadesk"

What do you like best?

Great easy to use software that allows tracking of tickets easily

What do you dislike?

Honestly there are no real issues I have found except the lack of timeliness of people updating tickers

Tracking repair requests and time of response to repair

Learning about SherpaDesk?

* We monitor all SherpaDesk reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.