Shiftboard

Shiftboard is a cloud-based scheduling and workforce management platform built around the hourly worker where scheduling is at the center of day-to- day operations. By closely connecting industry-leading scheduling automation with essential workforce management capabilities you can optimize costs, increase productivity and improve workforce satisfaction.

Work for Shiftboard?

Learning about Shiftboard?

Shiftboard Reviews

Ask Shiftboard a Question
Showing 40 Shiftboard reviews
Shiftboard review by Alexa M.
Alexa M.

"Staffing made easy"

What do you like best?

I like that Shiftboard has the ability to cross reference staff's accounts across multiple sites so it won't let you staff someone if they are already booked with another company. I also really like the bulk change function, it makes changing events or multiple positions a breeze.

What do you dislike?

There really are not many cons about Shiftboard, but the one thing I dislike is the filebox. Once you upload a document to a specific team, it is very cumbersome to then copy the link and actually post it on the shift itself. I would really like to see, once you upload a file, a drop down box appear and you can click a shift assigned to that to team to upload the document.

The number one benefit we have seen is that we have been to reduce the number of double bookings and call outs. Every time we have a call our or no show to an event, we are charged a penalty fee by our clients. Staff now have the accessibility to review their full schedule on one screen which has drastically reduced the number of no shows.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Shiftboard
Shiftboard review by Jared H.
Jared H.

"Great product and company to work with. "

What do you like best?

The staff at Shiftboard have been very open and willing to work with me. They have assisted with customizing our implementation several times. Our coworkers can now see available shifts, sign up for shifts, view their training record and communicate with managers all in the same location.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to print out a full month view of the calendar with details. The team at shiftboard is actively working on this. Some of the processes need streamlining. I have a strong technical background so I understand the logic of their process, but my coworkers could benefit from an easier way. I have had discussions with the team at shiftboard and they are actively working on this as well.

Scheduling for a large agency and limiting overtime. Shiftboard has allowed me to more accurately schedule staff where needed. I can see where staff are scheduled for excessive OT and replace them with a staff who isn't earning OT.

What Employee Scheduling solution do you use?

Shiftboard review by Lupe B. P.
Lupe B. P.

"Shiftboard keeps me ready for work."

What do you like best?

I enjoy the easy app on my phone. I can pick up my shifts anywhere I am. Shiftboard is easy to maneuver. I also have an easiness when I am searching for my team's shifts.

What do you dislike?

Recently the app changed and now I've had to get used to it. I hardly use it because of this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It keeps you organized.

I can check my entire teams shifts. I can add shifts if needed to other team members.

"Shiftboard used daily"

What do you like best?

I have used shiftboard for almost 3 years and use it daily. Since I work remotely for work this allows me to see my schedule.

What do you dislike?

I didnt like that on the mobile app it was only in PST but now that was fixed and I can see the time in my time zone

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using this tool versus a hard copy schedules as nowadays everyone owns a mobile device and can access their scheduling anytime.

I am able to see the shift I am working for the week and able I do not need to bother our department to help me find my shifts.

Shiftboard review by Keycia J.
Keycia J.

"Shiftboard Advantages"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I can pick and choose a shift. This product also provides you with different types of teams. It includes your profile as well. Last, but not least, It provides you with available shifts. If you are thinking about using this product, please use it accordingly, it is worth the while.

What do you dislike?

My dislike consist of not being able to keep the schedule you have selected.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend any other businesses or organizations to use this product.

The business aspect that is being solved and beneficial because it balances the work flow. When it comes to an overflow of staff it is actually a helpful resource.

Shiftboard review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"What I like best about Shiftboard"

What do you like best?

When looking at our sites (teams in Shiftboard), there are various views you can use in order to see where you may have open shifts. Also, we are able to document call offs and other absences while then being able to pull up reports documenting those time.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes trying to navigate around to the different screens or areas can be confusing as there are some very similar reports or information that can be obtained.

We have eliminated our paper process of scheduling staff and are now aware of where we have open shifts/lines immediately. In the past, this was not always the case.

Shiftboard review by User in Internet

"Shiftboard is pretty nifty"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to use he shared calendar function, as it comes in handy when needing to see who will be working with you that day amongst your colleagues.

What do you dislike?

I find the interface to be a bit confusing until you have had someone explain how and where to locate things, as it seems a little jumbled and messy. I dislike that when I go to my account > myshifts > then select a shift to view schedule break times and etc. that I have to close the little window out and start all over rather than just jumping to another date.

A major benefit is being able to quickly and easily submit time off requests, see who is scheduled to work that day, scheduled break times for both myself and my colleagues, to ensure we work together to stagger our breaks and etc;. It is quite helpful.

Shiftboard review by Lori-ann G.
Lori-ann G.

"Shiftboard helps to schedule staff with ease!"

What do you like best?

I love that I can easily post multiple shifts at once and then let the system do the work for me. Shiftboard input takes only minutes and then staff can chose their own shifts. I can check it from my desktop or phone to ensure coverage. I love that I can send a broadcast to multiple staff at one to let them know when I am looking to cover an upcoming shift.

What do you dislike?

I would prefer to type in the time of a shift rather than to use a pull down menu.

posting/Filling multiple shifts at once

Shiftboard review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Best Online Scheduling "

What do you like best?

I like that its easy to use and the fact that you also can download the app and schedule anytime is grea.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see a running hours counter added to the calendar screen, that when your scheduling you can see in the top right or top left how many hours you have confirmed.

We are seeing that with Shiftboard our agents are able to be here on time and they also get the shifts they are wanting. We also do not have a need to hire a full time scheduler.

"Easy and fast"

What do you like best?

I love the different options available to look at and select shifts.

What do you dislike?

I wish I was able to print out the times in mt time zone (Central). It would also be nice to be able to print a schedule that would show starting and ending times for each block of shifts chosen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is easy to use and fast to select shifts once you get the hang of it.

We are able to select the shifts that work for us weekly without issue.

Shiftboard review by Dianne R.
Dianne R.

"Great!"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use and navigate.

What do you dislike?

That shifts cannot be unconfirmed by the person signing up for the shift.

It allows staff to take part in where the work and when. It also allows them to be held accountable for what they sign up for.

Shiftboard review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Shiftboard is so easy to use!"

What do you like best?

Shiftboard makes it so convenient to see available shifts from my company. It is so easy to use. Ive never had a problem with it and I've been using Shiftboard for about 4 years now. I like how you can submit your timecard on it as well.

What do you dislike?

There really is nothing to write about that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend using the Shiftboard sute for your employees. It is easy to use

Provides available shift schedule from different views. Weekly, monthly, etc.

Shiftboard review by Sierra B.
Sierra B.

"Easy to maneuver."

What do you like best?

The fact that all my jobs events are neatly organized and it's easy to sign up for an event

What do you dislike?

There's no way to look back on your scheduled days worked as well as hours

Recommendations to others considering the product

None

It's convenient from my phone

Shiftboard review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Excellent volunteer recruitment, scheduling and communication software"

What do you like best?

I use shiftboard to schedule volunteering shifts at large scale events. It is a great tool for organizing shifts, recruiting volunteers and communicating with community members once they have signed up. They have excellent customer service, though I have rarely had issues. I have had a great experience as an operator of the program.

What do you dislike?

I think their user interface is sometimes challenging - I get a lot of emails/calls from community members asking questions about how to see the calendar, how to join teams etc. Perhaps not the most user friendly for volunteers/staff.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize their customer service tools - the are very responsive and helpful.

volunteer recruitment, scheduling and communication.

Shiftboard review by Administrator

"Volunteer Manager for Heartland Film"

What do you like best?

Ability to create and manage volunteer committees and schedules for the ten day run of the festival; also tracking hours and emailing to individuals, committees and on occasion to all.

What do you dislike?

I would like the color of the characters to be darker as the gray is hard to read against a white background. I would like the time accrued through the Time Card feature to be reflected in an individuals Total Hours on their profile page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dive deep and learn all of the features and functions. Call for help whenever you need assistance. I found the Shiftboard team quite helpful.

It's a great medium to communicate with your entire volunteer force in one email.

Shiftboard review by Netse L.
Netse L.

"Great program! "

What do you like best?

It's effortless to pick up shifts through this program.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing that I dislike! All the features work great.

Covering shifts is a breeze when you can post it and have the entire staff see it. It's great!

Shiftboard review by User in Medical Practice
User in Medical Practice

"Using shift board is easy"

What do you like best?

Shiftboard is extremely easy to use. I use it for signing up for my volunteer times at the DPAC.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I don't like is that when I sign in it doesn't automatically open up to the calendar. Otherwise it is fantastic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It would be great if the calendar schedule would come up automatically, if desired, upon signing in.

Shiftboard allows me to pick up the shifts that I want more easily.

Shiftboard review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Fast. Simple. Effective!"

What do you like best?

Using Shift board is a great way to quickly reach a large number of skilled professionals, in a quick manner.

What do you dislike?

The email settings can be tricky to use. Maybe come up with a way to manage them in a more personalized manner for users of different levels.

Businesses can benefit from using Shift board by keeping track of schedules on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.

Shiftboard review by User

"Shiftboard makes volunteering easy"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of being able to sign up or cancel my shifts. Also my information is right there that I can refer to any time. I can check what time I need to be there, what my position is, who I’m working with etc.

What do you dislike?

I can’t think of anything I dislike. It’s so easy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! You won’t regret it

I am not the business Leader but I would think it must save them tons of time from doing it the old way. They can look at a glance and see if their positions are coveredd

Shiftboard review by User in Writing and Editing
User in Writing and Editing

"Good for scheduling"

What do you like best?

my company has used Shiftboard throughout a variety of incarnations in the way we manage schedules, including for both voluntary shift-sign up and assigned schedules. We also use it to manage Paid Time Off requests. I've found it to be easy to use an fairly intuitive.

What do you dislike?

Some parts of the user interface can be a little clunky, and I look forward to it improving.

I work for a company with 24/7 scheduling needs, and this product makes it easy to see who's working when and ensure coverage across the board.

Shiftboard review by Lois R.
Lois R.

"Top Notch!"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, many options available. I have used many similar sites and this one is the most user friendly.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I particularly dislike with this site. Keep up the good work!

Ian Nita business owner, just a user. However, I would recommend Shiftboard to a business owner should the question arise.

Shiftboard review by Administrator in Defense & Space
Administrator in Defense & Space

"Unable to reach a reasonable compromise "

What do you like best?

This program "might" work if you have a strictly shift based schedule.

What do you dislike?

Does not work well with companies that are project based. Cannot delete shifts easily. Training department often does not respond to questions. When we asked for a refund they refused. We even offered to pay for half the year (even though we only used the program for 3 weeks) and they still refused. They made us pay for the entire year for a company of over 50 people.

We were not able to solve any problems with Shiftboard.

Shiftboard review by Miriam P.
Miriam P.

"Shiftboard Review"

What do you like best?

I love seeing all the available shifts at once and the ease of signing up for shifts.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any issues with shiftboard other than not being able to take overtime shifts myself. But that is a work policy & not shiftboard.

I can fill open days with work easily.

Shiftboard review by Administrator

"Sr. Operations Officer"

What do you like best?

The interactive mobile phone accessibility functions

What do you dislike?

The notifications and other aspects of contact/communications for Team Managers is limited for daily operations. This has to do with the single or primary Contact data links. We need more flexibility to just choose multiple leaders to receive messaging from employees. For example, we have Leads, Supervisors, Coordinators and Manager. All are involved in some respect with shift management and approvals.

Typical shift management.

Shiftboard review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Shiftboard allows you to know where you need to be"

What do you like best?

That it is easy to get on and do my business

What do you dislike?

Had trouble with it when I replaced my phone, my settings on my account disappeared and had to re-enter my availabilty.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great and easy to use.

Time keeping, availability.

Shiftboard review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"I like Shiftboard "

What do you like best?

I like that we can set up different shifts for different crews.

What do you dislike?

I wish we could join the shifts into one place when people can pick from more then one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take you time setting up and watch videos to learn.

Flexible shifts

"Shiftboard review "

What do you like best?

I find shiftboard quite user friendly for scheduling ushering slots.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything that hasn't worked so far.

It helps ushers find slots at Harvard musical events that are being performed at Sanders Theatre.

Shiftboard review by Sharon M.
Sharon M.

"Registration clerkl."

What do you like best?

That you can be flexible and you get to choose which position you want to work

What do you dislike?

That sometimes when jobs are posted you can't apply if you are not near a computer

None

Shiftboard review by User

"Excellent tool for scheduling"

What do you like best?

Shiftboard is very user-friendly and I like that you can schedule from your phone or tablet.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much to dislike about this product!

Quickly scheduling oneself for events.

"Shiftboard excellence"

What do you like best?

I like that there is a calendar with work days and hours.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that if you were to work over your hours, there is no way for you to correct it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Shiftboard is an excellent way to have your work schedule readily available.

Remembering my work schedule was difficult to remember and with shiftboard it is there for me to see.

Shiftboard review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Makes Life easy"

What do you like best?

The fluidity and comprehension of the product makes it easy

What do you dislike?

Can't think of anything I would improve at the moment

Easy organization and planning

Shiftboard review by User in Facilities Services
User in Facilities Services

"Great Service"

What do you like best?

GPS capability. Accurate. 99.99% up time. Easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, cause if an employee cannot use the app, = no smart phone, the automated telephone is available too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it.

Easier accurate documentation, less effort using a time clock system. And easier for the corp office to do payroll and to have the times verified and accurate.

Shiftboard review by User in Financial Services

"User Friendly"

What do you like best?

I use it for my part time job and it's easy to access. It's easy for me to make my own schedule and unconfirm a shift I am unable to work.

What do you dislike?

I haven't had any issues to cause me to dislike it.

I'm a user not an administrator so unable to give feedback to this question.

"Shiftboard Review"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to chose a start and end time in five minute increments and ease of use.

What do you dislike?

I dislike only being able to schedule one week at a time.

I can choose what days and times I would like to work. The benefits are ease of use and ability to plan my week.

Shiftboard review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"Houston Livestock Show"

What do you like best?

Accessibility 24/7, it makes managing volunteers very easy.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything that I dislike.

Management.

"Empowering, quick, efficient"

What do you like best?

Able to do my own scheduling so that I can plan around it

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is difficult for me to access the program

Before we had Shiftboard, someone else had to do the scheduling. We had to wait to see when and where we were assigned

Shiftboard review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Shiftboard, scheduling savor"

What do you like best?

It allow my staff to be responsible for their own shifts. It is a great tool

What do you dislike?

Sometime the layout can be a little clunky and hard for my older staff to figure out

Keep track of hours worked so we don't hit overtime and managing trades.

Shiftboard review by User in Medical Practice
User in Medical Practice

"Shiftboard review"

What do you like best?

The best part I like, is she being able to trade shifts quickly and efficiently.

What do you dislike?

I didn't find anything I disliked about shiftboard

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy, user-friendly, highly recommended

It takes the stress out of scheduling.

Shiftboard review by User

"Shiftboard,the easy way to volunteer "

What do you like best?

make and track your volunteer shifts t make it one stop site

What do you dislike?

navigation can be difficult between variou options

make my volunteering easier, helping my community

Shiftboard review by User

"very easy to use. Easy access to your schedule."

What do you like best?

Very easy to understand. Easy access to available days.

What do you dislike?

I do not have any dislikes at this time.

Available schedules

Learning about Shiftboard?

* We monitor all Shiftboard reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.