Shiftgig for Business

Shiftgig is the smartest and easiest way for the workforce and businesses to connect.

Work for Shiftgig for Business?

Learning about Shiftgig?

Compare Shiftgig for Business to Similar Solutions

Shiftgig for Business Reviews

Ask Shiftgig a Question
Showing 51 Shiftgig reviews
Shiftgig review by Tanika M.
Tanika M.

"Technology Aligns with Convenience "

What do you like best?

I love the convenience of ordering temps through the application on my phone or on the computer. Also the ability to see who I am expecting to show up for the advertised shift and the simplicity of verifying the time sheet by the associate and my organization as well. The team that is my main support, they are able to be reached for help when placing an order if there is a concern or question. This concept of picking up shifts using technology is great for the millennials.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the work description wasn't specific enough for us to get people who would be able to perform the job. A lot of times we had people pick up the shifts to work only for them to walk into our warehouse and not feel like they could perform the job. So the expectation of what type of work there were doing was not accurate. Also, they do not do a great job with keeping track of their billing. We would often receive notices that the bill was not paid and we would have to confirm with them that we paid the bill. They would apologize but it causes us to just have to do double work to confirm for them that we sent payment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would use Shiftgig just have to ensure you are tracking your billing and the job description for the job the associates are doing is specific enough to ensure the people who are picking up are well informed of the type of work.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Shiftgig for Business
Shiftgig review by Jody Y.
Jody Y.

"Shiftgig is convenient, dependable, and committed to meeting client needs and standards."

What do you like best?

I like the convenience of the software used for placing orders, seeing profile pictures paired with the names of support staff scheduled for our events, the ease of providing feedback for each specialist, and the reconciliation and invoicing process. The overall quality of work our support specialist provide is very good.

What do you dislike?

The costs of using temp services is high however, this is expected with any service provider. On a few occasions support specialist working for our operation for the first time, arrived with a uniform that noes not meet our standards. This concern was addressed and responded to in a timely manner. Overall my experience is very satisfactory and I have no dislikes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly Recommended

What On-Demand Staffing solution do you use?

"Satisfied customer! "

What do you like best?

There are so many aspects of our partnership with Shiftgig that I enjoy it's difficult to not ramble. The main two aspects I respect is the simplicity of their technology and the high level of customer service. Their apps, both specialist facing and client facing, are extremely intuitive and easy to use. In conversations with specialists throughout the country they rave about the ease of claiming shifts through Shiftgig and the notifications they're able to receive should any aspect of an event change. On the client side we have an extreme amount of visibility into our team, spend, and other data that helps drive key business decisions. From a service standpoint, they are second to none! We receive quarterly reviews from our account team and are always kept aware of product enhancements that may be of benefit.

What do you dislike?

There's really not a whole lot that comes to mind. The only thing that I would be helpful is more visibility for clients to experience the specialist side of view. I'm not sure it would be necessary for all clients, but when recruiting if I can speak more clearly to the process an individual would go through from both on-boarding, claiming, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Having utilized several staffing partners, I am firm in my belief that Shiftgig offers a superior product for a superior price.

Shiftgig review by Chris N.
Chris N.

"Game changing staffing company to meet and exceed hospitality staffing requirements. "

What do you like best?

Two things stand out when working with ShiftGig. Quality of hospitality trained staff, and size of QUALIFIED labor pool.

They have always been able to meet our expectations for high-quality trained staff, and their procedures and standards have well exceeded their competition in the Milwaukee Area.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike about this service. They are consistent, friendly, easy to contact.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend that you give them as much notice as possible when trying to secure their services. They work GREAT when you need them in a pinch, but like many other services, the more time you provide them, the better they are at meeting your expectations.

G2 Crowd User in Hospitality

"A helpful staffing solution"

What do you like best?

We have worked with quite a few "all-stars," who get early access to our available positions. This helps to raise the performance level of our event staff. We are generally provided a back-up staffer to hedge against any call outs. This is very helpful.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally we have positions requested that go unfilled. Sometimes we don't know about this until very close to event date.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give plenty of time for specialists to fill shifts, and check rosters often so you aren't surprised if/when positions aren't filled. Use the "All-star" feature to commend the specialists that fit well with your team, which will allow them early access to your postings.

Shiftgig review by Carlos M.
Carlos M.

"Great customer service at the tip of your hands!"

What do you like best?

Once I have created a listed of my "All-Stars", I have continued to get the same qualified servers back to work for us.

What do you dislike?

Communication was a bit of a sour topic but I am happy to say that the ShiftGig leadership has stepped it up and have started to communicate with us and with each other.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Communication is key to help them understand what is needed most for your business to be successful.

Shiftgig review by G2 Crowd User in Sports
G2 Crowd User in Sports

"HR Manager"

What do you like best?

Shiftgig has solved all of our temp staffing problems. The shifts are so easy to schedule, the quality of staff is outstanding, and the staff actually show up. We love that it's cloud-based, so the restaurant manager and HR manager can log into the same account and have the same information---no more scrambling at the last minute to find out who's coming in for what shift. Shiftgig's staff is so responsive, too. We love working with them. Shiftgig has elevated temp staffing to a whole new level of excellence.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. They are wonderful. Best temp agency we/I have worked with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Shiftgig.

"Tiem Saver"

What do you like best?

No need to calculate hours or fill out time sheets. Shiftgig's cloud based system puts the responsibility of time keeping on the employee as it should be. Simply confirm the hours or make adjustments as needed, then submit. That's it.

What do you dislike?

Placing an order pulls you out of the app to send an email (at last use). Keeping it all in the app would improve user experience. Also having to contact Shiftgig AP/AR for past invoices instead of having downloadable statements or reports is a pain point.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to scale quickly with semi-skilled labor Shiftgig is a great value.

Shiftgig review by Sarah A.
Sarah A.

"Shiftgig tech help at our non-profit events"

What do you like best?

Ease of reporting hours & giving feedback on staff

What do you dislike?

Nothing I've encountered! I am not involved in sourcing staff (although I was in the past) but more of onsite event execution where I've had to train and work with Shiftgig staff.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The ease of reporting hours & giving staff feedback is great. I've had limited but great experience with the staff I've been sent!

Shiftgig review by Becky S.
Becky S.

"Best Staffing Agency"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, reliability of the app - the team members are always a pleasure and show up on time and are ready to work

What do you dislike?

sometimes jobs cannot get staffed, is we always try and get out staffing done weeks in advance

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the star feature so you can get repeat staffing that you love.

Shiftgig review by Ben R.
Ben R.

"Excellent one-off staffing"

What do you like best?

Quick response time, both in the app and via email from project managers.

What do you dislike?

There's little immediate recourse when a staffer shows up late/does not show up for a really early shift (I think the office doesn't open until 8:00AM)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize the 'All-Star' function to get specialists to return. Then you don't have to retrain them.

Shiftgig review by G2 Crowd User in Consumer Services
G2 Crowd User in Consumer Services

"Nothing but good people"

What do you like best?

I can contact Shiftgig and they will find me well qualified temporary labor for any special event or long term assignment I may have. I have never been disappointed with any person they have sent to our facility.

What do you dislike?

There are no dislikes that I have with their service. Everyone is professional and well trained.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have not tried temporary employees from Shiftgig, you are missing out. I have never had an issue with people not showing up or not doing what we ask of them. Each person is just as professional as the last.

Shiftgig review by Katie S.
Katie S.

"Shiftgig for Business is great and has been a huge asset in growing Gesture!"

What do you like best?

I like the being able to view past, present, and future rosters. This helps us feel confident going into an event knowing we have great, experienced staff that we can rely on.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see better evaluations for each individual person that worked an event and for admin to have access to that information.

Shiftgig review by Laura L.
Laura L.

"Shiftgig Review 2017- Temporary Staffing"

What do you like best?

the reservation process and the staff is always kind and fun to work with.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the staff shows up in the wrong uniform - not shift gigs fault the staff read wrong or didn't bother to follow the instructions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure you have a good account manager whom communicates well and can assist you in your needs.

Shiftgig review by G2 Crowd User in Consumer Services
G2 Crowd User in Consumer Services

"Shiftgig "

What do you like best?

The people that are hired. All have been very nice and professionally dressed. Smile is part of their uniform.

What do you dislike?

That I can't call for an immediate fill. It takes time to put in the system and if I have a call out that day the shift may not get picked up.

Also, I would like to be able to go in and put a range of dates in and see how many hours were worked by the shiftgig staff.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of the better temp agencies I have worked with and would recommend

Shiftgig review by Krysta A.
Krysta A.

"Shift gig "

What do you like best?

I like that I am able to all star shift gig employees that did an awesome job for us. This way they get to see our shifts first

What do you dislike?

That employees of shift gig still don't always show up. They also don't always have the best attitude

Shiftgig review by Sherri R.
Sherri R.

"ShiftGig review"

What do you like best?

Love the ability to see when shifts are full or are still missing staff. The ability to place orders outside of normal business hours.

What do you dislike?

Have had multiple issues with the app itself. Appears to be due to Android phone usage and not an I Phone

Shiftgig review by Tom L.
Tom L.

"Extremely easy staffing platform to use! Eliminates a lot of work and worry!"

What do you like best?

I love how easy and streamlined the platform is. I like that it's all in one place, and I don't have to worry about a million emails.

What do you dislike?

I wish they were in more cities! I hope that they will continue to expand with us all over the U.S.

Shiftgig review by Kirsten K.
Kirsten K.

"User Friendly App"

What do you like best?

The staff assigned to our events are always top notch, and it is easy to use their staffing app and website.

What do you dislike?

Would prefer to have the ability to write comments about staff assigned to our events. i.e.:strengths, weaknesses- to better prepare future managers.

Shiftgig review by Sagar P.
Sagar P.

"COO"

What do you like best?

I like that the staff was able to be used across different cities and we could use the same team repeatedly.

What do you dislike?

Workers weren't as sharp as we needed. Some of them did not know how the process worked even after orientation.

Shiftgig review by Danielle B.
Danielle B.

"Shiftgig Is On Top Of Their Game"

What do you like best?

Communication is key and they are always quick to respond with a solution or answer!

What do you dislike?

I dislike nothing about ShiftGig. From their app to their on call staff to their friendly and helpful account managers, what is not to like?

G2 Crowd User in Hospitality

"Shiftgig review from Bold American"

What do you like best?

The majority of the staff are what we look for in servers. They are dependable and service-oriented. We also like that extra staff are typically sent in case of no-shows. Our contact, Tim McJunkin, is also great to work with.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes they are not able to fill our orders to high volume. Also, it was a frequent issue where staff needed a shirt and/or apron from us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

THey are definitely a source to consider in temp staffing.

Shiftgig review by G2 Crowd User in Retail
G2 Crowd User in Retail

"Shiftgig- The NEW way "

What do you like best?

User friendly! You can use your phone or use your computer. I like how you can see the staff and be able to contact them personal.

What do you dislike?

I had a couple issues in the beginning with not getting the correct staff number amount, but the last couple of months the managers have smoothed this issue out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This business is user friendly and easy. They work with each facility to match their needs.

"Concert venue"

What do you like best?

the ease of use of the app, it's easy to place an order for whatever staff you need and manage your orders through the app

What do you dislike?

sometimes not all orders are filled completely and unless you stay on top of it you don't know til the event starts and you're down a person or persons

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can't handle it through the app don't count on anyone calling you back

"Saved my (work) life"

What do you like best?

The quality of catering servers exceeded my expectations. The Shiftgig admin staff was quick to help with any request!

What do you dislike?

Honestly I have no dislikes. I continue to use their service and have never had an issue that went unresolved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be specific about what you're looking for re: bartenders, porters, captains. It helps the day of when you have a bartender that can actually make cocktails v. one that's best with well drinks.

Shiftgig review by Dana D.
Dana D.

"Very proffesional, on time right people for the job."

What do you like best?

The adaptability of the service. If my needs change they are there to help.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything, the process has been seamless.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk with them they have your solution.

Shiftgig review by G2 Crowd User in Recreational Facilities and Services
G2 Crowd User in Recreational Facilities and Services

"ShiftGig Review"

What do you like best?

ShiftGig always sends an extra person or two in case someone doesn't show up. They don't charge us for the extra person unless they wind up staying because someone else didn't show.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the staff they send are less than enthused or are not of the quality, training wise, that we were expecting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend ShiftGig to anyone looking to enhance their service staff.

Shiftgig review by Kelly R.
Kelly R.

"Great Staff and Service"

What do you like best?

The phone app and ease of requesting staff.

What do you dislike?

Would be nice to request staff for multiple days via the app, versus for one day and then emailing rep.

Shiftgig review by Jesse S.
Jesse S.

"Definitely superior staffers than most, the App is also highly efficient"

What do you like best?

The App is awesome, using paper is archaic. Stay on the edge of tech to stay relevant.

What do you dislike?

Poor communication between shiftgig and staff, and also shiftgig and myself.

Shiftgig review by Steve O.
Steve O.

"Great Experience with Shift Gig"

What do you like best?

The staff sent to us are experienced and dependable.

What do you dislike?

So far have not found anything we dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Shift Gig for temporary staffing for hospitality events.

Shiftgig review by G2 Crowd User in Events Services
G2 Crowd User in Events Services

"Good Staff"

What do you like best?

seeing who we get before event and able to look online to do payroll and hours and able to grade and not use people we did not like.

What do you dislike?

i often don't use because i need temps the next day and I will not pay extra from that when I can get from other labor sources w/o paying extra

Recommendations to others considering the product

labor help is pretty good.

G2 Crowd User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Great Service with dependable Staff"

What do you like best?

The App & Web platform allow me easy access to contact the staff and manage the hours worked.

What do you dislike?

My minor dislike of Shift Gig is that I wish I knew who was scheduled to work earlier than the current time this information is provided. There is a potential for additional training/information that being able to contact the staff would be beneficial.

Shiftgig review by Rick L.
Rick L.

"Shift Gig is a valuable tool"

What do you like best?

The agents sent were a notch above traditional "Temp Agencies".

What do you dislike?

The service is a quality operation. No dislikes

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have provide quality talent

"Excellent"

What do you like best?

Ease of app....in touch customer service from TIm and the staff

What do you dislike?

Don't like the few temps that drop shifts one hour prior to shift starting but you can't expect everyone to ahve the same work ethic.Overall temps have been satisfactory

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommend sitting down with your account manager and they will provide what you need

Shiftgig review by G2 Crowd User in Events Services
G2 Crowd User in Events Services

"Staffing support using ShiftGig"

What do you like best?

Automated rosters in advance of the event. Customer service is great

What do you dislike?

Would prefer automation of contact info back to salesforce platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be very clear from the outset as to what skills you need. provide training materials if you have any, that helps get the staff knowledgable in the product or service before they arrive onsite

G2 Crowd User in Food & Beverages

"A new way to get good help fast"

What do you like best?

Ease of use: whether you use an App on the smartphone or on your computer

What do you dislike?

No guarantee you will get someone when you put in an order.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn to use the App. make sure to save your preferred temps as All stars in order to get them back more often.

Shiftgig review by G2 Crowd User
G2 Crowd User

"Intuitive and helpful"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use Shiftgig and the excellent candidates we have got staffing.

What do you dislike?

I wish when we see our staff on the app we would have their cell phone numbers listed next to their names. I hate having to pretend to call them to see their number.

Shiftgig review by G2 Crowd User in Executive Office
G2 Crowd User in Executive Office

"Clubhouse Manager"

What do you like best?

ease of ordering, quality of staff, convenience of ordering staff, fast response time, ease of confirming the shifts.

What do you dislike?

there has been some staffers that had no experience at all in the filed they were hired in. Some staffers not showing for their shift.

Recommendations to others considering the product

fast and convenient

"Food Service DIrector"

What do you like best?

The ease of inputting a requests online.

What do you dislike?

The support you receive from Customer Service can be minimal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When you get a good worker come in, make sure to star them in the system so they can return. good help is hard to find.

G2 Crowd User in Hospitality

"Corporate user for last three years"

What do you like best?

The have qualified staff. Utilize technology to maximize and match skills to job. Utilize technology to more accurately execute needs.

What do you dislike?

At times they over book their core group which then dilutes the quality of the full event placement.

Shiftgig review by G2 Crowd User
G2 Crowd User

"Shiftgig for business"

What do you like best?

Most staffers have been very good and on time.

What do you dislike?

I would like to know who my staffers are outside of a 48 hour window prior to the shift.

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you need temporary, PT help, it's a good source.

"excellent skilled help"

What do you like best?

quality of people who are sent out here, they have a Back up that is schedule so your always covered

What do you dislike?

when I first started using them the billing was challenge

Shiftgig review by G2 Crowd User in Restaurants
G2 Crowd User in Restaurants

"Overall a great experience with Shiftgig."

What do you like best?

The quick response time that they are able to fill a positon.

What do you dislike?

Better luck with unskilled opposed to skilled workers from Shiftgig.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend.

Shiftgig review by G2 Crowd User in Logistics and Supply Chain
G2 Crowd User in Logistics and Supply Chain

"A great platform to track staffing performance"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, reliability, ability to perform tasks on mobile phone

What do you dislike?

i feel that the mobile phone application could use some modern front end upgrades

Shiftgig review by G2 Crowd User in Leisure, Travel & Tourism
G2 Crowd User in Leisure, Travel & Tourism

"Smooth and reliable. "

What do you like best?

Folks tend to show up early and are willingly to be flexible in their duties.

What do you dislike?

I really don't have any grievenses at this time.

"Shiftgig Business Review"

What do you like best?

I am able to see who is working my events.

What do you dislike?

I wish contact information was more easily visible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best tool out there.

G2 Crowd User in Food & Beverages

"A good alternative staffing option"

What do you like best?

Ability to choose or eliminate staff from future gigs

What do you dislike?

Not being able to see the roster until 48hrs before the gig

Shiftgig review by G2 Crowd User in Real Estate
G2 Crowd User in Real Estate

"Positive Experience "

What do you like best?

App provides an easy way to sign up for events.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the app does not show the updated info

G2 Crowd User in Food & Beverages

"They do a very good job of weeding out their staff who are unreliable from an attendance standpoint."

What do you like best?

Able to fill positions quickly (within 24 hours)

What do you dislike?

I have not had any negative experiences form ShiftGig thus far.

Shiftgig review by G2 Crowd User in Marketing and Advertising
G2 Crowd User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great app and service"

What do you like best?

I enjoyed the Shiftgig coordinators and ease of app

What do you dislike?

Some brand ambassadors could've been better

Learning about Shiftgig for Business?

* We monitor all Shiftgig for Business reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Shiftgig for Business to Similar Solutions