ShipStation

ShipStation integrates with all the most popular shopping carts and marketplaces so you don't have to. No more copying and pasting just to create a label. We import all your orders for you.

Work for ShipStation?

Learning about ShipStation?

ShipStation Reviews

Showing 84 ShipStation reviews
ShipStation review by Brian H.
Brian H.

"The Most Versatile Parcel Shipping Software Currently Available"

What do you like best?

The ability to use .csv files to bulk upload orders. There is also an API feature to connect your website to automatically filter your orders into Shipstation. Automation rules also work very well and there is an accurate inventory system as well as a variety of logistics and sales metrics available. Being able to batch orders is also a huge plus.

What do you dislike?

Our company has to use another portal to process freight orders. I know it is a big ask, but it seems that Shipstation is so close, yet it would be a bit of work to get this together. Also I don't know how big the customer base would able to use both freight and parcel, but it would set Shipstation way ahead of the competitors if this were also available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Shipstation is very easy to use, whether you are hand entering orders, bulk .csv uploads or using API's to populate orders. There is a learning curve to increase productivity, but there are definitely FAQ's and resources available as well as reps that are listed right in your Shipstation portal.

I am able to reduce the amount of hand entered orders every day from 85 percent hand entered when I started using Shipstation to about 5 percent. That saves me at least 4 hours of work on high volume days.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ShipStation
ShipStation review by Lee W.
Lee W.

"Helpful features for managing complex orders"

What do you like best?

Some of our orders include items that won't ship for weeks as well as items that need to ship immediately. In addition, we have some orders that include things that we fulfill and that our partners fulfill. ShipStation includes tools that help us manage those.

The search function covers all fields.

The batch printing process saves times, and they give you the option of printing a combined label and packing slip on one sheet.

What do you dislike?

We're pleased so far, and just need to spend more time with it to take advantage of some of the automation rules.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As with many other shipping providers, ShipStation enables you to pull in orders from many different stores. Right now we only sell on Shopify, so that's not something we've needed to use.

As indicate above, some of our orders include items that won't ship for weeks as well as items that need to ship immediately. In addition, we have some orders that include things that we fulfill and that our partners fulfill. ShipStation includes tools that help us manage those.

What Shipping solution do you use?

ShipStation review by Carmen K.
Carmen K.

"Learning Shipstation has been much easier than expected!"

What do you like best?

I like that shipstation is easy to navigate. It is simple to use and it provides reporting and straight forward ways to handle every scenario.

What do you dislike?

I am unable to add one shipper that I use occasionally, but I don't think it is shipstation's fault, I think it is the shipper who isn't available on shipstation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend shipstation to anyone needing to ship. It keeps track of how long an order has been waiting so you can prioritize and get your shipping times as short as possible! It prints great packing slips and is easy to void a shipment. Labels print easily and I like that all of the carriers are in one place. Rates are shown so I can make the best decision for the company and there are several other features I enjoy like tagging orders, so when multiple people are using it at different times we are all on the same page as to what has been done and what is yet to be done.

Being able to choose the best carrier for the shipment. I realized the reporting just the other day and was able to pull a report of shipping paid vs shipping cost which will help us out greatly as we determine the best shipping prices for our products.

ShipStation review by Jon P.
Jon P.

"ShipStation makes complex shipping situations straightforward"

What do you like best?

The best feature of ShipStation is how well it combines shipping from multiple channels shipping with two different carriers. We use ship station to combine shipping from three different eBay channels and two different eCommerce stores. The setup wasn't difficult and it imports and ships with our different settings beautifully. Before ShipStation we spent over twice as much time shipping the same amount of orders.

What do you dislike?

The biggest down side that we've found in ShipStation is customer management. If a customer orders from different channels, ShipStation will create a duplicate customer for them. This isn't that big of a deal as they are a shipping manager and not a customer manager, but it's a little frustrating.

ShipStation has streamlined our shipping operations for 5 sales channels and has cut our shipping time in half for those. It has good customization features and we can flag orders based on criteria we set. It's easy to use and yet has many options available for more advanced usage. We currently only have it connected to ship with USPS and FedEx, but many more shipping options are available.

ShipStation review by Jennifer S.
Jennifer S.

"Easy to use and good analytics"

What do you like best?

There are lots of things I like about Shipstation. The most important one is that it waives the Stamps.com monthly fee. If you're already using Stamps.com, this is a no-brainer. Also, you get good live chat support, and we find that we get better analytics w/Shipstation than our website (via Squarespace) provided on units sold

What do you dislike?

We can only have one person logged into Shipstation at a time. If there's a way to create multilple users, then it's not easily found.

We're using Shipstation for now as a way to track inventory and also for analytics. For example, Squarespace won't tell you in its analytics the number of units sold of underperforming SKUs - it lumps them into an "Others" category. So, Shipstation is our go-to now for this. Also, we love that Shipstation has great search functions and integrates seamlessly with Squarespace so we can easily access customer info.

ShipStation review by Tim P.
Tim P.

"Don't know how I lived without it"

What do you like best?

This allows me to compare all of the different carriers and view all of my marketplaces in one place. I do not know how I operated without this service. One time it went down for half of a day and it took me 10 times as long to process the shipments during that time than it normally does. I used ShipWorks first and switched to ShipStation and love it!

What do you dislike?

It gets slow during peak times which is unfortunate. Another downside is that it is very reliant upon the marketplaces and at times it can be glitchy when there are problems on those marketplaces.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes I recommend it to everyone that I talk to that sells online.

It helps me compare all of my carriers in one place allowing me to ship using the most efficient and least expensive option for what I need. The main benefit is that we get the best option for each order.

ShipStation review by Joshua S.
Joshua S.

"ShipStation for New ecommerce"

What do you like best?

ShipStation is the best all in one shipping solution for new ecommerce businesses and veteran operations alike. The ease and simplicity of importing orders and shipping with multiple carriers makes it perfect. The customer facing tracking and returns operations are superb.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about ShipStation is that there isn’t a direct customer support line but our onboarding specialist has been a great direct contact.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is definitely worth your time to try ShipStation. The 30 day free trial is perfect to give all the features a whirl!

ShipStation allows us to track inventory, incoming orders, end to end shipment status and customer insight information, all of great value to our new business. The branded customer facing pages really enhances our business.

ShipStation review by User

"ShipStation transformed our business in a very positive way."

What do you like best?

ShipStation gathers all our orders from multiple web sites and allows us to manage shipping and tracking from one easy to use platform. It integrates to all key shipping companies. It integrates to QuickBooks. It supports automation rules for prepopulating packaging and shipping service details. It has a fully featured interface on a PC and very functional mobile apps on iPad and iPhone.

What do you dislike?

It is hard to be critical in any way. I use Edge and some of the icons for closing windows sometimes are hard to activate and take several tries.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I depend on ShipStation every day and it does not let me down. It is worth every penny I pay.

We manage all orders for shipping label generation (FedEx, USPS and USPS International- Canada), tracking email generation, order status management and order history. Our packaging varies from polyester envelopes to large boxes. We could never have expanded to our current volume without ShipStation. We have been able to keep shipping errors to near-zero.

ShipStation review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"The best solution for your commerce business"

What do you like best?

Shipstation is literally the place where shipping happens. You can connect in the same place all your websites and e-commerce and see your orders coming from your smartphone. Shipstation gives to anyone freedom of managing a business in a precise and professional manner. No more mistakes for address copy manually and constant control of shipments and eventual returns.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is not really simple to correct an error or cancels an order. It takes a while to fully understand the system but once it is in place anything can stop it. One area of improvement is about the international shipments. In fact, invoices and custom papers do not come out automatically and sometimes this process is confusing and creates mistakes. Import and export data from the order page sometime is not that fast and the amount of info is most of the time useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Shipstation is a major help to manage e-commerce account, pick the right shipping methods and have immediately quotations about shipment costs and delivery time. Clients have been notified immediately that a label has been created for their order.

Shipstation helps me to keep track of daily sales, collect address from clients and prepare and labelling order s from multiple e-commerce platforms. Moreover, thanks to its labelling system it helps me also printing slip package. For example, my company is able to import multiple contacts that automatically generate an order on the system simply importing a CVS spreadsheet saving time and possible errors.

ShipStation review by David M.
David M.

"The complete solution for our ecommerce shipping needs"

What do you like best?

Seamless integration with the sales channels we need. Affordably priced for a small business (less than 500 orders a month average). Saves our shipping team a significant amount of time during peak seasons and gives our customer service access to all relevant tracking information.

What do you dislike?

I'd prefer if I could set universal branding and settings for all stores instead of having to customize them each individually. Otherwise, so far so good. We're still a new user and have a lot to learn on its customization features.

Reduced copy / pasting for our shipping department, customer service has better visibility on status, as do the customers. I'm sure this will also reduce shipping errors as well.

ShipStation review by Jessica D.
Jessica D.

"Shipstation has saved our life with shipping logistics and shipping management"

What do you like best?

It integrates with both our Shopify and Woo commerce stores. It has an API that lets us bring in custom fields, and their customer service is PHENOMENAL. I also really like their dashboard and the ability to see different layouts depending on the user.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I wish is that it had been easier to setup custom field integration. IT would have been great to rename the custom fields and have an easier time of bringing in custom data.

Shopping, shipping management. We can track everything so much easier now, and all in one place. The ability to batch shipments and import mass orders/shipments from an excel file has also been an extreme life-saver during the busy season.

ShipStation review by Travis W.
Travis W.

"Perfect for small online businesses selling through multiple channels"

What do you like best?

Brings all of your orders into one location and makes it easy to manage

What do you dislike?

The user interface seems a little clunky. Would be nice if they materialized it a little and made it look more modern

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, it will most likely fit the bill for what you need if you are selling with multiple channels. Even if you are only selling with one, it makes it really easy to get set up with others and get going. The ease of functionality is really intuitive, just the user interface could use to be cleaned up. It just seems a little clunky. Overall, I would say for anyone that sells on Amazon, eBay, Etsy, Squarespace, Shopify, or many others this is going to be a perfect option for you. I don't believe this will be able to stand up to some of the others when you are scaling larger, but for smaller online businesses, this will do the trick.

Sold in multiple channels and this brought all of the orders I had into one centralized location

ShipStation review by Corey L.
Corey L.

"Amazing Shipping Efficiencies"

What do you like best?

There are too many great features to name just one but the ability to flag and map orders is definitely a stand out. This feature really gives you the ability to use carrier shopping to it's fullest potential. If you have a product line with multiple similarities (size, weight, service) mapping makes quick work of assigning the carrier service and printing labels. These features have allowed us to double business YOY without adding additional labor.

What do you dislike?

It would be great to have more flexibility on tagging customers. Most online business have a need for flagging on the customer level for marketing purposes. The lack of customer flagging for information like LTV, first time customer, membership, etc. makes it hard to include targeted marketing in outgoing packages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Implement this solution in conjunction with you carrier. I recommend contacting your carriers to make sure all services you desire will work and display proper pricing within ShipStation. Also, for any startup ecommerce sites that don't have proper backorder functionality you can use the split order and on hold functionality to hold items that are on backorder until you ship without holding other SKU's in stock that are on the same order.

Our biggest benefit is the ability to scale without adding labor resources. We can easily fluctuate the amount of shipments during peak periods without increasing shipping staff. This has allowed our profit margins to go up significantly for the year. This is can be realized for a lot of eCommerce sites especially those that have a smaller catalog that doesn't require a lot of picking time on the floor.

ShipStation review by Heidi H.
Heidi H.

"Integrates beautifully with Ecwid"

What do you like best?

This program works seamlessly with my Ecwid website. Once orders are placed, they sync with ShipStation and I can print labels effortlessly and with a discount from regular retail prices. And at $9 per month, it's definitely cheaper than using Stamps.com.

What do you dislike?

Wish that it would work with my Etsy site too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Save money and try out ShipStation. You can get a free 30 day trial so there is no risk.

I can keep track of all my shipments to clients and save time by not having to type everything in thru another site. This obviously saves me time. And time is money!

ShipStation review by Executive Sponsor in Food & Beverages
Executive Sponsor in Food & Beverages

"Probably the Most Robust Shipping Solution."

What do you like best?

Shipstation has worked to connect with about everyone. The reason that we chose them is that they connected with both our sales channels as well as our back-end systems. The connections have worked very well with only minor issues.

What do you dislike?

I recently found out that Shipstation is owned by Stamps.com / Endicia. It seems that the acquisition by Stamps.com of both Endicia and Shipstation has created a bit of a monopoly where Shipstation is not adding any additional USPS vendors that might provide more competitive rates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be careful. I think being owned by Stamps.com was probably great for the founders....

In addition to connecting and communicating with both storefronts and inventory management systems, ShipStation lets us quickly compare rates between services and shipping companies to find the best rate for each package.

ShipStation review by User in Arts and Crafts
User in Arts and Crafts

"Streamlines my shipping process"

What do you like best?

It organizes my orders from multiple channels so I can see the urgency of the orders. I also love how I can go in and add manual orders, change customers' addresses, set up shipping profiles and ship in bulk, which really speed up shipping process. Very good sales and shipping stats too. I mostly ship via USPS, but it's helpful that shipstation allows me to add UPS and FedEx to my account too.

What do you dislike?

web based program. Sometimes the "shipstation connect" acts out and takes time to connect. Sometimes I have to restart the program or sometimes the computer to get it to work again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't ship a lot, Endicia is probably enough for you. But if you ship over 200 packages a month, shipstation will speed up and organize your shipping process and I highly recommend it.

multi-channel order tracking, internal order editing

ShipStation review by Izabela B.
Izabela B.

"elegant, effective shipping solution"

What do you like best?

ShipStation is inexpensive, works well, and offers excellent support. If you are looking for a service that will allow you to create shipping labels for your online orders, ShipStation really can't be beat. The product is very easy to learn and use, even across many users, while also allowing some really nifty if-this-then-that behavior with a rules engine. It's really slick.

What do you dislike?

There are a couple features that ShipStation users have been requesting for a long time (read: begging for), and ShipStation still hasn't released. One that comes to mind is a scan to pack feature that would build scan verification of UPC right into the UI.

As our order volume increased, so did our shipping errors; scan pack was a feature we wanted desperately.

ShipStation tracks requested features on the feedback.shipstation site. The scan pack feature is their most requested item, currently with 566 requests at the time I'm writing this review. I don't doubt their team is hard at work on other improvements to ShipStation core, but this is one biggie that users are asking for and would take their product to the next level.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely try a demo. We evaluated against ShipWorks and a couple other services and this was the clear winner.

We were using really crumby, desktop based shipping software. It was slow and buggy and crashed all the time. Moving to a cloud based solution was one of the best things we did to improve the speed of our shipping process. ShipStation also helped us to tackle issues with overpaying or underpaying for postage. We were able to create rules that essentially predetermined the weight of a package without it having to be weighed, based on the contents.

ShipStation review by Zev S.
Zev S.

"Great software for online sellers, especially those who sell on multiple platforms"

What do you like best?

Easy to use interface. Great mobile app. ShipStation imports all my orders from various online marketplaces and lets me ship all orders in one place.

What do you dislike?

It does not track inventory. This is a feature that has been requested of ShipStation a lot. They recognize it and are looking for ways to approach it without risking existing relationships with 3rd party inventory tracking software services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start with the lowest price tier and move up when needed.

I used to log into each marketplace on which I sell and process all the orders separately. ShipStation cuts my shipping time to a fraction of what it once was.

ShipStation review by Kaytlyn G.
Kaytlyn G.

"Ship Station"

What do you like best?

I like that it easily merges with our current website platform, Shopify, to make uploading tracking/shipping information simple. We use it to upload tracking information daily for all outgoing orders at one time. It's the only app we have come across that serves this purpose and works with Shopify. Once you use the interface a handful of times you get the hang of it and figure out which features work best for your needs.

What do you dislike?

The interface has a ton of options which is both good and bad. It took a bit of time to figure out how to do the basics but once I did it was simple and straight forward. I also don't like that it doesn't seem to always refresh when you login. You have to refresh/re-sync to your Shopify order dashboard each time you login to make sure all your orders appear ready to manage. There seems to be some bugs from time to time but nothing that has been difficult to deal with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure it merges with your company and platform. If you don't currently use a shipping company exclusively then this is a great option as well because I believe that they offer help with shipping.

We are able to uploaded tracking/shipping information for several orders at once rather than having to go into each order and manually upload the tracking info. This is the first app that we have come across that offers these features for a reasonable price.

"I LOVVVVVVVVVE ShipStation"

What do you like best?

ShipStation is probably my favorite SAAS that I use at work. It is so easy to use and so configurable, that it's really hard to think of not using. We use ChannelAdvisor, and, frankly, their orders interface is awful. It's not pleasing to the eyes, not intuitive, and not easy to use. When we discovered ShipStation it was like it was sent straight from Heaven. I know this sounds like a lot of smoke, but I we really do love it a lot.

Probably, my favorite thing about it is the tags. They are unlimited and totally configurable. We use the heck out of them to code orders.

Oh yeah, the price is awesome!

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to use this for orders that come in through our website. Unfortunately, it doesn't hook up to our provider, so we have to keep tabs on that, separately, as well as print labels outside of ShipStation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stop shopping. You found it!

We connect to up to 6 marketplaces at a time with ShipStation. They all work seamlessly. Love it!

ShipStation review by Laura H.
Laura H.

"Great option for a start up e-commerce site "

What do you like best?

I mainly like the user friendly aspect of the platform. It integrates with Fed ex and UPS, etc. There are templates that you can customize to have customers alerted with tracking info and when something ships. There is basic reporting on where orders have shipped and been fulfilled etc. I love how clean the interface is.

What do you dislike?

I dont like that it is another separate platform that you have to log in to once an order has been placed on your site. I am using magento and shopify platforms so it just adds another step to the process. I also feel that the notifications are not as accurate as they could be. They seem to be pretty delayed that an order could be sitting there for quite some time.

It is a platform that if you do not want to invest in a robust all in one system this is a wonderful alternative. Orders com in real time which is great so you never miss a shipment! I mainly ship using three different size custom sized boxes so it is nice that I can save the dimensions and all other information instead of having to adjust or re-enter them each time !

ShipStation review by Charles D.
Charles D.

"Great shipping software, covers most of our needs"

What do you like best?

Pulls in all orders requiring shipment. Easy to generate a pick list and packing slips. All the info is very easy to customize. You can also setup shipping and delivery notifications as well. Oh, and don't forget the cheaper USPS rates.

What do you dislike?

We often have issues generating pick lists, especially on heavy volume days. I think it times out. Also, some of the feature requests are years old and still haven't been taken care of. Specifically the ability to have different printer options for International shipments. Kind of a no brainer and all their competitors have it. Sometimes it can bog down and needs to be restarted to get going again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Work on your really old feature requests. Users shouldn't have to ask for 4 years for a simple feature.

Allows us to ship Fedex and USPS both International and Domestic with speed and ease. Shaved off quite a bit of time and improved the shipping flow after implementation.

ShipStation review by Mark Williams – C.
Mark Williams – C.

"Overall, a great deal. I do wish it had some pretty obvious features though..."

What do you like best?

Overall, the app works seamlessly. We use it to connect clickfunnels with shopify and Amazon. So we have 3 different sales channels and they all stream seamlessly into one location. It helps us simply track everything.

What do you dislike?

Shipstation believes that where the order originates is king, so there's no changes to the order allowed. It seems pretty obvious that this feature would be important.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely has worked for us, and I" would definitely recommend it to others too. IT also has an interesting "insights" feature, which has been very valuable to us as we make business decisions.

We had no way to connect all of our sales channels without shipstation. And it integrates so easily with shopify, amazon, and clickfunnels that it really was a no brainer for us.

ShipStation review by Robert V.
Robert V.

"Fantastic Shipping Software"

What do you like best?

Incredibly easy to use and flexible. This system has all of the features that we need and a lot of customization ability. We continue to find more pieces of the system that we can use. Creating labels in the interface and through the API couldn't be any easier. There are automated rules that we can apply to save time for our users. Then we can apply bulk actions while we are deciding which warehouses will fulfill our orders. The remote printing function has made it easier to operate with in house fulfillment centers and drop ship locations.

What do you dislike?

Limitations to custom store integration could be better. Specifically there are fields where we are required to call the API in order to get information on orders that we shipped. It would also be nice to have more insight into post shipment status. Right now that is difficult to view on a macro basis so we use a program called aftership for post order updates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy it today. It's the best on the market. We vetted a lot of systems before choosing shipstation. Their software and support are the best out there and the costs are very reasonable.

They allow us to create shipment labels incredible quickly and easily.

ShipStation review by Todd S.
Todd S.

"Nothin' but Love for SS"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, simple integrations, virtually no system down-time, great enterprise support (chat)

What do you dislike?

Only limitation I've found is defining HT codes for International orders. Hoping to see some added versatility here in the future

Recommendations to others considering the product

Anyone looking for an efficient, dependable, easy to use shipping software will find ShipStation a dream come true. I recommend SS to all eCommerce start-ups because it will get you going and stay with you as you grow. Great tool!

ShipStation is a key component in our high-volume, high-efficiency distribution system. The ability to sort orders by several variables and to create presets for each scenario really streamlines the process and allows us to move mountains of orders with very little labor costs (which in So-Cal is a HUGE deal)

ShipStation review by Kent K.
Kent K.

"Great Shipping Tool for Small Business"

What do you like best?

One of the best interfaces I've used. Intuitive. ShipStation connects to a huge number of ecommerce and warehouse systems. It is easy to use, has tons of features and they are constantly making it better. I've used a lot of shipping systems and this is one of the best!

What do you dislike?

I have to think hard to come up with a dislike. The only problem I've had is the ShipStation Connect tool which I use on a Mac to connect printers to ShipStation directly has to be closed and reopened a few times a week. No big deal though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just get it!

ShipStation is the least of my worries when it comes to running an ecommerce business. It it the tool that gets the job done fast and easy. I just don't have to worry about it! Love that!

ShipStation review by Rick E.
Rick E.

"A huge time saver"

What do you like best?

Quick and easy shipping that integrates easily with our ecommerce site.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike, it keeps being updated and improving all the time. Reporting is good but could be improved a little.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try! It's been a great fit for us.

It is the only solution I found that easily integrated with our website downloading orders and marking them as shipped automatically.

ShipStation review by Stephanie N.
Stephanie N.

"Better Than others! "

What do you like best?

The best feature a love about Shipstation is their 1-2-3 step to everything, its to easy to manage, to sync stores and orders togethers, shipping agencies, it just make my everyday shipping time super quick and easy

What do you dislike?

at this moment there is nothing i dislike about this company, as far as my needs its perfect! Has everything i need and that i could ever imagine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Shipstation is the way to go... if you want to simplify your shipping time by letting ship station features do the work for you... you must Sign Up... you wont regret it

I had many issues when shipping my packages since i had to do everything manually, with ship station everything works automatically, from sending a customer a shipping confirmation directly to syncing all my orders in once.

ShipStation review by Administrator

"Why ShipStation has been an awesome tool for our team."

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to use. It covers all basis of what you need to accomplish in order to get a product shipped to the right location.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it automatically sends out an email right when you create an order. But then I figured out how to go about changing that in the setting menu.

It saves us time when we are trying to ship our products all around the world. We can just create the label and take care of that part right in our office. Then all we need to do is to drop it off at the Post Office.

ShipStation review by Derek C.
Derek C.

"Quick, Handy Tool I'll Never Stop Using"

What do you like best?

I've used ShipSation for years now. It's a handy tool that brings all of my orders together in a simple way that makes it's really quick for me to print all of my shipping labels and packing slips in bulk, with one simple click of a button.

What do you dislike?

I've only experienced a few glitches in my years of using shipstation and it's either been my error or something that the ShipStation customer service team fixed right away.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the trial, you won't regret it. I'm cheap but I will always pay to have ShipStation.

ShipStation saves me easily 1 hour a day, if not more. Printing manual labels is not something I will ever do again. I also like that they offer discounted shipping rates.

ShipStation review by Amanda P.
Amanda P.

"ShipStation works well with Shopify platform "

What do you like best?

Works well with Shopify batch imports, USPS and UPS.

What do you dislike?

Leaves much to be desired in terms of customization. Annoying to have to log in every time and have to open ShipStation Connect so it will print to label printer. If you don’t use the Connect app, you have to save as a PDF and then print labels.

Finding best rates between USPS and UPS.

"Ease of use & data"

What do you like best?

The interface is so simple to use. setup was easy within one day. best of all is the mobile app to see all your shipping data. also great exports available

What do you dislike?

not much to dislike. only issue if you are not on a high plan only support will be through support tickets

Recommendations to others considering the product

great simple to use software that is cloud based , will solve all your shipping issue with a one stop see all your info

It has solved all my shipping issues, by creating labels for all my carriers , with a great mobile app to see live information

ShipStation review by Shaina P.
Shaina P.

"Very Reliable "

What do you like best?

I like that it's reliable and consistent; I never experience break downs or slow internet connections. In all honesty, I hardly experience any problems. ShipStation is extremely easy to use and gets the job done. I was able to learn the system quickly because of the simple and organized layout. I love that I am able to provide great service for my customers because of this phenomenal system.

What do you dislike?

It takes a little long to upload and refresh 'all stores' to get new orders to show up. I would recommend faster uploads for those new orders so that I can tag them for our warehouse.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this to any business who wants to improve their shipping department.

I am solving cancels, returns, and creating new orders for customers. I am able to get the job done efficiently and quickly. Our customers are happy with our service!

ShipStation review by User in Graphic Design
User in Graphic Design

"Shipstation is one of my necessities!"

What do you like best?

I love how it organizes all my shops and shipping in one place. I couldn't do without it!

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can think of that Shipstation could add is the ability to let me know when a customer is a repeat customer. Maybe a column for that so I can always see it and make sure to include a special note or gift to those customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have multiple shops, this is the answer to your shipping needs seriously!

Before I had Shipstation, I was copying and pasting addresses in to buy postage at USPS.com. This saves me HOURS of time and trouble by syncing and eliminates any mistakes. Keeping everything organized there also ensures I don't forget about orders in a less busy shop, or anything like that.

ShipStation review by Thomas W.
Thomas W.

"Great for Small-Medium Businesses"

What do you like best?

It's a great product that makes it easy to ship orders from our ecommerce business. We like the ease of editing orders, we like that it verifies addresses and connects to our hardware, and we like its integration with Shopify. Support is pretty good too.

What do you dislike?

We don't like that Shipstation isn't responsive to feature requests. A lot of users from the community have requested basic features and Shipstation hasn't been exactly open with their progress on building these features. While the functionality of Shipstation's automation feature is quite robust, it is surprisingly weak in its inability to auto split orders.

We're trying to keep our orders organized and sorted for our warehouse and fulfillment operation, and it has provided a lot of benefits to our shipping and fulfillment staff. It's an easy software to learn, and our customer service staff use it too.

ShipStation review by Michael C.
Michael C.

"Get Ship Done!!"

What do you like best?

If you are a small business, Shipstation is a life saver. We are able to sync not only our own website shopping cart using Magento but we are also able to use it with our Amazon and our Ebay accounts. Because of Shipstation we have more time to help the customers and not just work as data entry clerks.

What do you dislike?

Although they do their best to find the best pricing for shipping sometimes I find they do not have the best prices. This is mainly a USPS thing were the regional rate boxes do not seem to link up properly and give my business discount. Typically it will price it out at the dimensions and not by region.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great service. However make sure you are watching anything that is mapped behind the scenes. Occasionally we will have something that was working yesterday stop working today.

The new mobile app is spectacular. It makes it so easy to not be at my desk but still be able to answer the always popular question of where is my order.

ShipStation review by Charity A.
Charity A.

"Everything I'd want in a shipping Platform"

What do you like best?

ShipStation has allowed our company GREAT ease of use. It's interface is intuitive and their support and tutorials are outstanding. I LOVE that I can count on responses from their team. I also love how integrated they are with other e-commerce platforms.

Their customization is really what sets them apart with the ability to tag, define products, set up automation protocols, as well as instate pretty much any criteria you could imagine in order to create a more efficient method of handling orders to be shipped.

What do you dislike?

Their ShipStation Connect (which allows the packing slips, labels, etc to be printed) is the only glitch I can find in their system. It seems to disconnect on a whim and isn't very reliable. I'm still confused as to when it might fail.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely go with it. There's incredible support and ease of use with this system.

We needed ShipStation in order to fulfill e-commerce orders with ease and ShipStation has come through beautifully. It certainly saves us time and is extremely efficient. Pretty much any possible problem that could be imagined has a solution. It's like ShipStation has thought of everything.

ShipStation review by Sarah J.
Sarah J.

"shipstation is great"

What do you like best?

can do pretty much everything all at once!

What do you dislike?

so far haven't had any issues, have been using for years!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great especially if you have multiple selling platforms, as everything is right there infront of you!

love how it automatically fulfills the orders with the tracking info on all platforms!

ShipStation review by Royce R.
Royce R.

"An Important Tool in the Scaling Up Process"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Ship Station is that it combines all the different carriers into one platform. No more logging into each carriers' website to print labels. The customer service is good - very good. When we started our free trial they were available to help with the setup right away via their customer service chat feature. But it's all very intuitive so it's likely you will not need assistance in setting everything up. Overall the setup took about 30 minutes.

Soon after using their cloud based software I moved my fulfillment out of my shop to a fulfillment center. Ship Station gave me the confidence to make this move. It was only $5 extra a month to set up an additional account for my fulfillment center.

Also, as a bonus they published a story about our business AlphaDogFood.com, and it helped with SEO and traffic to our website. Couldn't ask for more from Ship Station. They are great!

What do you dislike?

I'd like to see them add a feature to set up a custom carrier. For example, we have many local customers and it often makes sense for one of us to make the deliver ourselves, but that's not an option. But from my understanding if enough of their clients ask for this feature, it will be added.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My advice for other considering ShipStation: Start with the free trial.

We are saving time in our fulfillment and Ship Station has made the entire fulfillment process simpler.

ShipStation review by Gilbert Y.
Gilbert Y.

"NON EXISTENT CUSTOMER SERVICE"

What do you like best?

NOTHING!! Since I have to type 40 characters I guess I will reiterate I like NOTHING about Shipstation!!

What do you dislike?

Everything. CUSTOMER SERVICE is NONEXISTENT!! Over the last 4 days, I have sent 6 Emails. Posted in their Support Blog. Still WAITING FOR 1 RESPONSE.

They OVERCHARGED ME AND I CANNOT GET A REFUND OR CREDIT BECAUSE THEY WON'T ANSWER ANY EMAILS.

This NONEXISTENT Customer Service has been going on for MONTHS.

In the past, they answered way too late to have anything done. Their answers at that point are.. "please let us know when it happens so we can address it at that time. At this time, nothing can be done."

How wonderful is that. It takes them days to respond and when they do, they tell me nothing can be done. They expect me to stop my business until they respond. JOKE!!!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Auctane was GREAT BEFORE SHIPSTATION BOUGHT THEM!!!

DON'T USE IT IF YOU DON'T HAVE TO.

SHIP STATION IS BAD BAD BAD. THEY NEVER ANSWER ANY EMAILS.

I cannot get anything solved or addressed because they will NOT ANSWER. I cannot have realized any benefits, because all they do is collect money.

ShipStation review by Christina W.
Christina W.

"Shipping made easye ease "

What do you like best?

The ease of use and functionality. Everything is so simple to use

What do you dislike?

The void time on labels, feel like they should allow for more time than within a few hours

Ease of packaging and shipping after doing everything manually for years

ShipStation review by Nathan H.
Nathan H.

"Meets your shipping needs and goes the extra mile! "

What do you like best?

Their customer support is great! They make sure your problem is resolved and if they don't have an answer they get it. The system makes shipping super efficient, and the autocorrect functions save a lot time! Tagging and batch functions help assign orders to multiple packers.

What do you dislike?

Reporting could be a little better as well as some search functionalities but with time they are improving and you can analyze whatever you might need. Automatic splitting would be a benefit that I don't believe they have right now.

I normally deal with returns, splitting orders, and address changes. Return labels and tracking are extremely helpful. Address changing is made easy though sometimes can shift with some selling channels like Shopify or stitchlabs.

ShipStation review by Kathy D.
Kathy D.

"The Blissful Dog Inc. Gives ShipStation a BIG Paws Up!"

What do you like best?

I have saved so much time and we all know time is money, especially for a small business owner. ShipStation pulls in sales from my website, Etsy, eBay and gives me one central location to run the labels.

What do you dislike?

I do wish that we could schedule pick-ups via the USPS from within ShipStation. I am in a very rural area and have to drive an hour each way to the post office, it would be a game changer in my life to make the jerk postal carrier have to come up here without us leaving a note in the mailbox.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it! Don't waffle over the $40 or so a month, just do it and the savings in time will more than pay for it within the first DAY.

Once again, having more time is priceless. I shudder to think how I did my shipping before. Some postage through PayPal, some was schlepped to the Post Office...yikes! What was I thinking?

More time to spend on growing my business, better records of what was shipped and when and easy to access spending records.

ShipStation review by Cindy R.
Cindy R.

"ShipStation has been a Godsend"

What do you like best?

Its ease of use & great shipping discounts should be enough but the way it expedites our shipping is amazing. Our shopping cart offers a similar service built-in that we could use for free but we won't jump ship. Everyone here who uses it has different things they like and I am addicted to them all. ShipStation's robust features make order fulfillment a positive experience instead of the nightmare it was before we discovered it.

What do you dislike?

What annoys us the most is the lack of integration with HS code lookup for international shipments. This is a no-brainer, especially considering that DHL, UPS & FedEx manage to do it. Occasionally it slogs out while processing. This is especially problematic when we get down to the wire before out cutoff time. We also seem to have difficulty using more than one postage service which limits our ability to take advantage of certain rate discounts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not hesitate.

Our labor & postage costs have dropped dramatically. The fulfillment department is no longer a cost center. And the accuracy of deliveries is better than our previous manual system. Its an essential tool for e-commerce that continually improves our efficiency and profitability.

ShipStation review by Ray D.
Ray D.

"ShipStation has been great for my BUICED Liquid Multivitamin business!"

What do you like best?

ShipStation has literally been one if the biggest things that have enabled my launch and success with www.buiced.com, which is the e-commerce platform for my Liquid Multivitamin business and brand. It seamlessly integrated into my site, and allowed me to efficiently and effectively manage my Shipments across multiple platforms. It works very well with notifying my Marketplaces when orders have shipped, and overall I really feel like these guys think like us business owners, and thus are creating a product as such. Their Customer Service has also been stellar. It looks like they also continue to innovate, which is nice.

I am a HUGE fan.

What do you dislike?

There really is nothing that I can say I dislike about it. I think what they charge is fair, and again, it has made my life so easy when it comes to shipments. The only suggestion would be for them to look to integrate with someone like Aftership.com, whom also do a really nice job for us, but do NOT integrate with each other.

Recommendations to others considering the product

These guys are solid, and if Mark Cuban gives them a thumbs up, then I do as well!

As I stated before, I am using ShipStation as the primary interface that then takes the various orders I am getting via my Website and then also other channels. I have linked my UPS and FEDEX accounts into it, and their USPS integration with Express1 allows me to get excellent commercial cubic pricing.

ShipStation review by Jennie S.
Jennie S.

"Save time and increase productivity with ShipStation"

What do you like best?

I love that ShipStation is able to connect to all of our online Marketplaces and funnel all our orders through the one system. Because we can do all of our order processing and shipping from within Shipstation, we have really cut back on the amount of time it took to ship orders. I also appreciate that ShipStation will immediately and automatically post back tracking information to all orders. That is a huge time saver!

What do you dislike?

I dislike that ShipStation doesn't give you the ability to edit customer record information. We have customers that order from different addresses and ShipStation will treat them like a new customer and you cannot merge accounts. Also, if a customer orders from Amazon and then eBay, ShipStation will treat that as if it is two separate customers - so it's not easy to keep track of customer movement.

We are able to compare shipping options across different providers therefore reducing our overall shipping costs by more efficiently choosing the proper methods and/or provider.

ShipStation review by Jennifer S.
Jennifer S.

"Time Saver! Integrates Nicely!"

What do you like best?

I have found Ship Station to be a time saving tool!

I use ShipStation to integrate with my Etsy and Shopify selling accounts, and I also use it to ship manual wholesale orders. This tool has integrated nicely with Etsy and Shopify. I am able to customize the packing slips for each selling platform, there is actually a high level of customization available. ShipStation notifies customers when the parcel ships and has reliably communicated with the Etsy interface.

I also do a lot of international shipping and ShipStation helps me to estimate the cost before I finalize an invoice. It's easy to modify the customs information, and it is possible to create time saving automations.

The ShipStation calculator also allows you to easily compare rates between different carriers.

There are many automations that can be created and used, and this is a reason to consider using this tool. There are also a number of other tools and services that can be integrated.

What do you dislike?

I am very happy overall, and my only complaints are over silly stuff, like the process of populating a country name when I'm calculating shipping cost for different countries - that pull down menu doesn't work well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at the add on services and see what other services you might be able to add to further improve efficiency.

I needed to solve the problem of shipping through different selling platforms (Etsy, Shopify and manual) and ShipStation has addressed this. My next step is to see if I can use ShipStation to support drop ship.

ShipStation review by Eric S.
Eric S.

"Saved us dozens of manual data entry hours"

What do you like best?

Shipstation allowed us to connect our website orders and our multi-channel orders (Amazon, Ebay, etc) directly to our warehouse. Previously, we were manually copying and pasting order details from multiple platforms into the UPS software. Now the warehouse just logs into one place (shipstation) and clicks a button to ship each order. Soooo much faster. And more accurate!

What do you dislike?

Would be nice if there was phone support, but the live chat is pretty good. The reps on live chat are usually very knowledgable, it's just slower than talking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't need inventory management, then Shipstation should do everything you need. For such an expensive product, it's amazing how valuable it's been to our business.

We're saving on labor costs, reducing shipping errors due to typos, and the customers are getting their tracking numbers faster... which means the perceived shipping time is quicker. That makes them very happy.

ShipStation review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"A fantastic product, runs fast, great customer support and features"

What do you like best?

I love ShipStation - I've deployed it to a handful of large Shopify stores who use and love it as well.

It allows you to run an enterprise shipping station without spending enterprise money on hardware or software.

It runs entirely in your browser, has a great app that automates printing and weighing, and they are *constantly* adding features and improvements. It's run by a great software company, not some holding company that is issuing token updates and just exists to sell licenses. These guys are the real deal.

What do you dislike?

Phone support would be awesome, and more options for training. Larger businesses (10+ shippers per shift) would pay more to have some more hands on help from the ShipStation team in terms of training and using the product well. It is very intuitive to the average tech savvy person, but for someone is not at all versed in computers (which is most people who ship packages for a living), it is really helpful to have someone show them how to make the most use out of the product.

I regularly see a user doing something that is way more manual than the product was designed for, and when I point out the feature that automates what they are doing, they are shocked and amazed. So, some more training options and coaching / phone support would be amazing and save customers labor dollars from underutilizing the product.

Other than that, this is really a fantastic piece of software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! Great product and company. Also, talk to your shipping rep - FedEx and UPS can often provide labels, label printers, and scales, which are compatible with ShipStation. If not, definitely get Zebra printers. The gk420d and gk420t are both great options

ShipStation allows our clients to ship quickly and easily and do so using intuitive enterprise grade software that comes with a consumer price tag.

ShipStation review by Peter D.
Peter D.

"Shipping headquarters all in one place!"

What do you like best?

Shipstation has helped significantly increase our company's productivity, importing all our digital product orders into one dashboard to accelerate product fulfillment in a much better way!

What do you dislike?

Notifications are sent to customers automatically and if an old order still resides in your order list, you cannot archive with entering shipping/tracking info. More of a nuance than a dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at your store outlets and look to see if Shipstation integrates with those stores. If so, it's a no-brainer.

Productivity in order processing. We sell through multiple outlets and Shipstation brings all orders into one dashboard, integrates with stamps.com for label production and really helps save time in fulfilling customer orders.

Learning about ShipStation?

* We monitor all ShipStation reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.