Shoeboxed

Shoeboxed is a business document management SaaS tool that scans, organizes and categorizes receipts and paperwork into a searchable cloud database. They help small businesses and entrepreneurs get organized and maximize tax deductions by turning physical paper into digital data.

Work for Shoeboxed?

Learning about Shoeboxed?

Shoeboxed Reviews

Ask Shoeboxed a Question
Showing 29 Shoeboxed reviews
Shoeboxed review by User

"Good Product as Long as you Use the Free Version"

What do you like best?

It keeps track of my receipts so I don't have to. It makes taxes easier in the long run as well because it divides them up by categories and dates.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't automatically scan for tax paid. Which can be a hassle when you have to go back and edit each receipt that you input. Customer support isn't very timely and although they try to help, they often don't have the answers you are looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use free version, it'll be more accurate.

Receipts often fade and are a pain to keep track of. Using the app makes its easier to kept everything in order. It also makes it easier when you need to search for a particular receipt because you can search vendors or price or a variety of other searches. You can also access it from anywhere that you have internet instead of using a software based application, where you need to have you computer on hand in order to access it.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Shoeboxed
Shoeboxed review by Taylor F.
Taylor F.

"Super user friendly expense app! "

What do you like best?

Fetch is very easy to learn and use. You can take pictures of the receipts so you don't have to hang onto the paper versions and quickly submit them for reimbursement. It really eases the stress of creating expense reports and having to input all that data! I highly recommend this app over others because its incredible streamlined and saves time/ headache.

What do you dislike?

I have found Fetch to the be the easiest and best reimbursement app out there because it is customizable for your company. There is nothing I dislike about this particular app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this app compared to other. I think you will find it easy for both employees and bookkeepers. It is also customizable, which no other app I have used provides this feature.

Our company would submit paper expense reports, with receipts stapled to the expense report, which would create a lot of paper mess - along with an decreased likelihood of lost receipts making its back to the office. But Fetch allows for our receipts to be captured the moment they are handed to the employee and not only submitted for reimbursement, but also creates easy to read reports that are categorized!

What Expense Management solution do you use?

Shoeboxed review by Rachel W.
Rachel W.

"Lifesaver for a solopreneur"

What do you like best?

Shoeboxed just does 'everything' for me - it is a great way to offload all my expenses and paper clutter, I just send those to Shoeboxed and I'm done; my accountant loves me and I feel really good knowing everything is in its place and organized when I need it.

What do you dislike?

I had some problems with the iPhone app crashing a couple years ago, but seems all good now!

I need to keep all my receipts, invoices, credit card statements, delivery notifications etc. for my business. Without Shoeboxed that would be a painful "filing cabinet organization" or something like that, constantly trying to find things, and also - making collaboration with other people in the company, and my accountant much much harder. With SHoeboxed all of that is on autopilot.

Shoeboxed review by Amber J.
Amber J.

"Short and easy"

What do you like best?

Convinent and easy. It’s an app and we are an all driven world. It’s about time there was an easier way to file an expense report.

What do you dislike?

I wish it showed the option to send via email on the app with the emails address. I always forget.

Recommendations to others considering the product

110% would if you are a small business needing expense filings to be cleaner and easier.

I am able to turn in a full expense report. Previously I’d always forget my receipts and now it’s easy.

Shoeboxed review by User

"I no longer have to keep a nest of receipts!"

What do you like best?

It is so easy to submit receipts to HR now. I used to have a dedicated envelope that would get lost in my giant computer bag and then I would have a nest of crumpled receipts. I just snap a picture of my receipt while checking out and submit it quickly. No more receipt nests in my purse, car, desk or pocket.

What do you dislike?

The "Reimbursable" toggle is automatically set to reimbursable. Most of my expenses are made using a company card. I had to go into settings and change the settings so that I was no longer categorizing receipts incorrectly. It is not a HUGE issue, just needed to learn the fix after a couple of mistakes and notifying HR.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It makes it easy for employees to submit their receipts.

I'm not on the management side of my organization but ease of use has made a huge difference when communicating with our HR department and submitting expenses/receipts.

Shoeboxed review by Alison R.
Alison R.

"Easy for a new business owner"

What do you like best?

The ease of uploading images and receiving completed reports.

What do you dislike?

There was nothing that I disliked. Great product. Met all of my needs.

Expense reports. This made my first year as a new business owner so much easier! I was able to focus on the jobs at hand and let shoebox help with the nitty gritty details. It made tax time so much easier!

Shoeboxed review by Alexandra L.
Alexandra L.

"Excited about the functionality, bugged by the user interface"

What do you like best?

The ease of uploading receipts, the ability to categorize expenses, the east to approving and paying on the backend

What do you dislike?

The new interface is WEIRD, everything is SO big, and the functionality seems to be buggy -- for instance, if I try to edit a receipt on the web version, I can do that but there is no way to save those changes. It's also hard to really tell if you've been paid for everything -- the numbers as submitted, approved, paid, always seem to be off.

Expense management, it's been easier for us to pull reports and saves employees time

Shoeboxed review by Jess M.
Jess M.

"Great for people with an overwhelming amount of expenses"

What do you like best?

If you're looking for an easy way to organize the seemingly millions of receipts you accumulate while traveling for business, Shoeboxed is a great solution for your problems. It's super easy to use and the receipts are processed pretty quickly. You can then export your report and it will show the purchase price, the vendor and even the date.

The mobile app makes it easy to enter your receipts while you're on a business trip and then you don't have to worry about losing them along the way. They're saved in your phone and aren't taking up space in your photo folders.

What do you dislike?

The more documents you or your business need to submit monthly, the higher the priced plan you’ll need. The free plan is pretty limiting with the amount that you can submit so it makes it difficult to use it unless your business really wants to invest in the platform.

I found that some of the vendors weren't recognized when they went through processing even though they were listed on the receipt.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try out the free version first. It will help you work out any kinks and allow you to test out the features before adopting a paid plan.

This makes tracking and reporting expenses so much easier than scanning them and manually entering the data into a spreadsheet to send to our accountant. It saves me time and takes the headache out of the process. I just wish the free plan had more flexibility with the number of receipts you can submit on a monthly basis.

Shoeboxed review by Administrator

"Makes things so much easier!"

What do you like best?

The ease of being able to track our teams expenses.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I can think of right now. Any issues that I had, the support team was right on fixing the problem. So at this time, we are extremely happy with this app.

The problem we are solving is being able to track our teams expenses as we have employees that are in satellite offices. It make it easy to be able to export them into a Excel spreadsheet and use them for our expense reimbursement purposes. Makes the reimbursement go a lot quicker.

Shoeboxed review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"A service that has actually improved my quality of life"

What do you like best?

Receipts, business cards, and docs go in the envelopes. I throw the envelope in a mailbox. They appear in the cloud. I now have a database of all of the docs that would have sat in various places around my home and office. Can't beat it.

What do you dislike?

Features: Price is a little high, IMHO. Search and tagging aren't as great as I would want - there's a lot of manual tagging I do myself. Tough to use for both business and personal, but I've made up my own system. UI not super intuitive.

Service: Now that I am so reliant on Shoeboxed I fear what would happen if I ever stopped using them or they ceased to exist. (Hoping if that time ever came there are/would be options for export). I also worry about the Magic Envelopes getting lost in the mail with my important docs in them (not a problem dislike of Shoeboxed per se, just a negative risk associated with using this type of service in general).

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is no better comparable product out there.

Peace of mind for me, my family, and my business. Everything is searchable and I'm not sitting on years and years of documents, receipts, and business card that I may never need (but know I can easily reference if I ever do!)

Shoeboxed review by User

"Convenient and easy to use"

What do you like best?

I work out of my car and coffee shops, so it allows me to very quickly and conveniently report expenses.

What do you dislike?

I have to remember to toggle the reimbursement button off, as we have expense cards. However, when I was taking the login screenshot for this review, I saw the option to switch the default!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's incredibly easy to use.

Previously, we had to turn in paper receipts each week. It was too easy to lose receipts, so Fetch allows us to immediately report the expenses.

Shoeboxed review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Saving Trees and Less Missing Receipt Forms"

What do you like best?

I can take a picture and turn in my receipt immediately - no throwing it my purse and hoping I remember to turn it into the office! It makes life so much easier.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the reimburse button is always auto selected. For my company, we have company cards and are not reimbursed. Remembering to always switch that field is a pain.

It's a short cut. We are more precise with out expenses and can manage them in a more organized manner.

Shoeboxed review by User in Hospitality
User in Hospitality

"Quick and easy solution"

What do you like best?

Shoeboxed is extremely convenient and cost effective. By taking quick pictures of my receipts as I get them when on work travel I have reduced the paper clutter I am carrying with me and improved my efficiency.

What do you dislike?

The accuracy of the data input is not always perfect. Sometimes it seems to me that whoever is reading and inputting the image is not making much of an effort (e.g. to find the total or include a tip in the total etc.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

For larger organizations Concur or others may be easier to integrate.

I am improving record keeping for deductible expenses as well as improving efficiency since I don't waste as much time managing receipts.

Shoeboxed review by Cheri S.
Cheri S.

"Caught the ball"

What do you like best?

Scanning of receipts which convert to an expense line

What do you dislike?

Dislike the frequent emails. Would rather get a weekly spreadsheet of expenses

To early to tell but one thing I do know is it is better than a paper ledger

Shoeboxed review by Administrator in Automotive
Administrator in Automotive

"Great app in theory, but feels like it isn't being maintained and has several bugs"

What do you like best?

I like that there's a free tier, which lets you take photos of your receipts and have the system try to automatically enter the total, tax, and vendor info into the app. Most of the time it's wrong, but the goal is good. It's also easy enough to add your own info to the uploaded photos.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't work with newest version of android. It is very poor at actually recognizing the tax and total fields correctly, despite how it's apparently humans that are doing the categorization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's free to try, so give it a shot. My eyes are open for better alternatives though.

Trying to have a frictionless method for expense entry and reporting.

Shoeboxed review by R P.
R P.

"Awesome Expense Program"

What do you like best?

Fetch has simplified my expense reporting dramatically. Instead of spending hours submitting my expenses, it now takes me seconds The interface is dynamic enough to adapt to my organization's needs and helps us to easily process expenses. The fetch team is super responsive and can effectively troubleshoot any problem that arises.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! The product is fantastic and I highly recommend it.

Simplified the expense process.

Shoeboxed review by Darneather  M.
Darneather M.

"It has been good helping me to to keep track of expenses!"

What do you like best?

The ease of taking pictures of receipts to be forwarded to the person that keeps track of our expenses.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that I had to submit the receipts one at a time rather than it adding them to be submitted in total.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a good way to manage your expenses.

It solves not having to send receipts in by mail.

Shoeboxed review by David S.
David S.

"It's a super easy app to get expenses coded and into our accounting system."

What do you like best?

I like the ease and quickness of getting receipts recorded. There isn't any lag time from my app to our accounting manager.

What do you dislike?

Unless I am missing something, I don't see a way to split a receipt into more than one cost center.

We get receipts recorded and coded quickly and easily, which makes the preparation of financial statements more efficient.

Shoeboxed review by Consultant

"Expense Report Review"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that you can take a picture of receipt and upload it right then and there. I also like how easy to select the type of expense.

What do you dislike?

Once you have a submitted receipt it is difficult to delete it or make changes.

It has been extremely easy to manage expenses and categorize them.

"Fetch Review"

What do you like best?

Ease with which I can submit things. How I can do it all from my phone.

What do you dislike?

My only frustration is that is that is shows as "paid" in the app when it actually hasn't fully gone through to my bank account.

Submitting expenses easily and more efficiently

Shoeboxed review by User

"Frequent traveler, new user"

What do you like best?

that fetch captures images of receipts - no more taping receipts to a piece of paper and making copies!

What do you dislike?

The frequently used options don't autofill as easily as I'd like

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try!

Much faster submission of expense reports.

Shoeboxed review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"One unified place for all your receipts regardless of the source"

What do you like best?

I was an early adopter and have been hooked since day one. I'm not the most organized person and Shoeboxed allows me to save my receipts and access them via the web at anytime. The first source of most receipts are your standard paper receipts - usually for business lunches, office supplies, travel, etc. When I get home, these go straight to my Magical Blue envelopes provided by Shoeboxed. At the end of the month or whatever interim I choose, I mail in my envelopes and the content is scanned within a 7-10 days (there are different service levels if you need it done faster). Nowadays we also accumulate receipts on our mobile, desktops, or just in a folder in our computer. These are easily uploaded to Shoeboxed either manually via the website, desktop app, mobile app. Once the receipt is in Shoeboxed, they allow you to categorize each receipt for further organization. Anytime you need to find a receipt, you simply do a word search and print it out. I also have Shoeboxed integrated with Evernote, so all my receipts are in Evernote and Shoeboxed, I believe this is free since Evernote introduced me to this service.

What do you dislike?

Prices have climbed a tad through the years but I'm hooked and will continue to use them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are sitting on a pile of receipts with no clear way of organizing and retrieving, Shoeboxed is a no brainer.

I'm saving so much time by having Shoeboxed scan all my receipts for future retrieval.

Shoeboxed review by User in Higher Education

"Very useful low cost expense management"

What do you like best?

I work at a university. Our workflow has been based on paper receipts. Fetch is a low cost tool for digitizing receipts. It does not integrate with our university system but that's ok. It gets the job done.

What do you dislike?

The image capture interface was a little confusing. I lost some of my images the first time I used it.

Simplifying the expense workflow for my team and me.

Shoeboxed review by User in Financial Services

"happy new user"

What do you like best?

They classify my receipts for tax purposes ...AND do the math :)

What do you dislike?

Would like more Schedule C tax categories for receipts

So much easier to keep small receipts (both amount and size) as well as to enter using my phone right when I get it.

Shoeboxed review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Made Taxes Much Easier"

What do you like best?

I absolutely love how much easier Shoebox has made collecting my receipts in preparing my taxes.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if all receipts were automatically processed.

I am much better at saving my contacts and tax season is less grueling.

Shoeboxed review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Fetch is efficient and accurate"

What do you like best?

It is super easy to use and makes expense reporting on the go fast and accurate.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything that we do not like about Fetch.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely recommend!!

Ease of use with the app for expense reporting

Shoeboxed review by Administrator in Venture Capital & Private Equity
Administrator in Venture Capital & Private Equity

"Made things more efficient for us"

What do you like best?

I love that we can track expenses and categorize them for better bookeeping.

What do you dislike?

There are some quirks sometimes, but the customer service is great and very receptive.

Tracking internal expenses of our team for reimbursement.

Shoeboxed review by Administrator

"Making expense management much easier"

What do you like best?

Integrated ACH payments for employee reimbursement and the data extraction capabilities

What do you dislike?

I wasn't ver fond of the v1 of the dashboard, but v2 is perfect and has great UI

Reimbursing employees quickly and efficiently

"Works great"

What do you like best?

Amazed at how well the camera can pick up the details of my receipt

What do you dislike?

wish it saved some of my common descriptions

tracking and inputting expenses

Learning about Shoeboxed?

* We monitor all Shoeboxed reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Shoeboxed