Shoeboxed

Shoeboxed is a business document management SaaS tool that scans, organizes and categorizes receipts and paperwork into a searchable cloud database. They help small businesses and entrepreneurs get organized and maximize tax deductions by turning physical paper into digital data.

Work for Shoeboxed?

Learning about Shoeboxed?

Shoeboxed Reviews

Ask Shoeboxed a Question
Showing 10 Shoeboxed reviews
Shoeboxed review by User in Health, Wellness and Fitness
User in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Good Product as Long as you Use the Free Version"

What do you like best?

It keeps track of my receipts so I don't have to. It makes taxes easier in the long run as well because it divides them up by categories and dates.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't automatically scan for tax paid. Which can be a hassle when you have to go back and edit each receipt that you input. Customer support isn't very timely and although they try to help, they often don't have the answers you are looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use free version, it'll be more accurate.

Receipts often fade and are a pain to keep track of. Using the app makes its easier to kept everything in order. It also makes it easier when you need to search for a particular receipt because you can search vendors or price or a variety of other searches. You can also access it from anywhere that you have internet instead of using a software based application, where you need to have you computer on hand in order to access it.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Shoeboxed
Shoeboxed review by Rachel W.
Rachel W.

"Lifesaver for a solopreneur"

What do you like best?

Shoeboxed just does 'everything' for me - it is a great way to offload all my expenses and paper clutter, I just send those to Shoeboxed and I'm done; my accountant loves me and I feel really good knowing everything is in its place and organized when I need it.

What do you dislike?

I had some problems with the iPhone app crashing a couple years ago, but seems all good now!

I need to keep all my receipts, invoices, credit card statements, delivery notifications etc. for my business. Without Shoeboxed that would be a painful "filing cabinet organization" or something like that, constantly trying to find things, and also - making collaboration with other people in the company, and my accountant much much harder. With SHoeboxed all of that is on autopilot.

What Other Finance & Admin. solution do you use?

Shoeboxed review by Alison R.
Alison R.

"Easy for a new business owner"

What do you like best?

The ease of uploading images and receiving completed reports.

What do you dislike?

There was nothing that I disliked. Great product. Met all of my needs.

Expense reports. This made my first year as a new business owner so much easier! I was able to focus on the jobs at hand and let shoebox help with the nitty gritty details. It made tax time so much easier!

Shoeboxed review by Jess M.
Jess M.

"Great for people with an overwhelming amount of expenses"

What do you like best?

If you're looking for an easy way to organize the seemingly millions of receipts you accumulate while traveling for business, Shoeboxed is a great solution for your problems. It's super easy to use and the receipts are processed pretty quickly. You can then export your report and it will show the purchase price, the vendor and even the date.

The mobile app makes it easy to enter your receipts while you're on a business trip and then you don't have to worry about losing them along the way. They're saved in your phone and aren't taking up space in your photo folders.

What do you dislike?

The more documents you or your business need to submit monthly, the higher the priced plan you’ll need. The free plan is pretty limiting with the amount that you can submit so it makes it difficult to use it unless your business really wants to invest in the platform.

I found that some of the vendors weren't recognized when they went through processing even though they were listed on the receipt.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try out the free version first. It will help you work out any kinks and allow you to test out the features before adopting a paid plan.

This makes tracking and reporting expenses so much easier than scanning them and manually entering the data into a spreadsheet to send to our accountant. It saves me time and takes the headache out of the process. I just wish the free plan had more flexibility with the number of receipts you can submit on a monthly basis.

Shoeboxed review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"A service that has actually improved my quality of life"

What do you like best?

Receipts, business cards, and docs go in the envelopes. I throw the envelope in a mailbox. They appear in the cloud. I now have a database of all of the docs that would have sat in various places around my home and office. Can't beat it.

What do you dislike?

Features: Price is a little high, IMHO. Search and tagging aren't as great as I would want - there's a lot of manual tagging I do myself. Tough to use for both business and personal, but I've made up my own system. UI not super intuitive.

Service: Now that I am so reliant on Shoeboxed I fear what would happen if I ever stopped using them or they ceased to exist. (Hoping if that time ever came there are/would be options for export). I also worry about the Magic Envelopes getting lost in the mail with my important docs in them (not a problem dislike of Shoeboxed per se, just a negative risk associated with using this type of service in general).

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is no better comparable product out there.

Peace of mind for me, my family, and my business. Everything is searchable and I'm not sitting on years and years of documents, receipts, and business card that I may never need (but know I can easily reference if I ever do!)

Shoeboxed review by User in Hospitality
User in Hospitality

"Quick and easy solution"

What do you like best?

Shoeboxed is extremely convenient and cost effective. By taking quick pictures of my receipts as I get them when on work travel I have reduced the paper clutter I am carrying with me and improved my efficiency.

What do you dislike?

The accuracy of the data input is not always perfect. Sometimes it seems to me that whoever is reading and inputting the image is not making much of an effort (e.g. to find the total or include a tip in the total etc.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

For larger organizations Concur or others may be easier to integrate.

I am improving record keeping for deductible expenses as well as improving efficiency since I don't waste as much time managing receipts.

Shoeboxed review by Administrator in Automotive
Administrator in Automotive

"Great app in theory, but feels like it isn't being maintained and has several bugs"

What do you like best?

I like that there's a free tier, which lets you take photos of your receipts and have the system try to automatically enter the total, tax, and vendor info into the app. Most of the time it's wrong, but the goal is good. It's also easy enough to add your own info to the uploaded photos.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't work with newest version of android. It is very poor at actually recognizing the tax and total fields correctly, despite how it's apparently humans that are doing the categorization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's free to try, so give it a shot. My eyes are open for better alternatives though.

Trying to have a frictionless method for expense entry and reporting.

Shoeboxed review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"One unified place for all your receipts regardless of the source"

What do you like best?

I was an early adopter and have been hooked since day one. I'm not the most organized person and Shoeboxed allows me to save my receipts and access them via the web at anytime. The first source of most receipts are your standard paper receipts - usually for business lunches, office supplies, travel, etc. When I get home, these go straight to my Magical Blue envelopes provided by Shoeboxed. At the end of the month or whatever interim I choose, I mail in my envelopes and the content is scanned within a 7-10 days (there are different service levels if you need it done faster). Nowadays we also accumulate receipts on our mobile, desktops, or just in a folder in our computer. These are easily uploaded to Shoeboxed either manually via the website, desktop app, mobile app. Once the receipt is in Shoeboxed, they allow you to categorize each receipt for further organization. Anytime you need to find a receipt, you simply do a word search and print it out. I also have Shoeboxed integrated with Evernote, so all my receipts are in Evernote and Shoeboxed, I believe this is free since Evernote introduced me to this service.

What do you dislike?

Prices have climbed a tad through the years but I'm hooked and will continue to use them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are sitting on a pile of receipts with no clear way of organizing and retrieving, Shoeboxed is a no brainer.

I'm saving so much time by having Shoeboxed scan all my receipts for future retrieval.

Shoeboxed review by User in Financial Services

"happy new user"

What do you like best?

They classify my receipts for tax purposes ...AND do the math :)

What do you dislike?

Would like more Schedule C tax categories for receipts

So much easier to keep small receipts (both amount and size) as well as to enter using my phone right when I get it.

Shoeboxed review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Made Taxes Much Easier"

What do you like best?

I absolutely love how much easier Shoebox has made collecting my receipts in preparing my taxes.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if all receipts were automatically processed.

I am much better at saving my contacts and tax season is less grueling.

Learning about Shoeboxed?

* We monitor all Shoeboxed reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.