Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

Shopify POS

(36 reviews)

With Shopify POS you are able to do business anywhere and you'll be able to track your sales and growth with all of your data in one system.

Work for Shopify POS?

Learning about Shopify POS?

Shopify POS Reviews

Showing 38 Shopify POS reviews
Shopify POS review by Kevin S B.
Kevin S B.

"Fantastic Platform for any Business"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy that everything you need to start and run your business within one platform. Whether you need to build out a site, set up shipping or provide discounts to customers, it's all there inside this software.

What do you dislike?

There is so much that you can do on this platform that it can get kind of confusing. I had to do my fair share of googling and watching YouTube videos to make sure I was doing things properly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want your business to succeed, especially if you're running Google and Facebook ads, you need to use this product

Increasing sales and adding more customers. I've benefited from this platform by being able to see the types of people that are buying my products and also being able to see who the new customers are coming in and identifying repeat customers

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Shopify POS
Shopify POS review by Karli B.
Karli B.

"Easy to use, all in one place! "

What do you like best?

I really like Shopify POS for a lot of reasons. I find that it is very easy to use and is super user friendly! The I use this for consumer shows and it really helps the POS process to run smoothly. The first time I used it, it took me maybe two times and I was able to work my way around the app no problem! It is easy to make updates when necessary on the spot. It is very quick, and once you make changes, they are updated automatically.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything that I dislike about this. The only thing I would say is that sometimes at trade shows the wifi is spotty, it would be cool if there was some way to use this app even when not connected to wifi. I like this app a lot and would definitely recommend it! Sometimes it also bugs out and does weird changes that I didn't make. But It could just be that I am just learning it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend getting the blue tooth card reader to go along with Shopify POS! It makes it super easy and quick to use.

We use Shopify POS for running payment and selling product at consumer shows for my line of work. We like this because we travel for these shows and it is easy to add in the tax per the state that we are doing a show in. It makes the process very easy.

What Retail POS solution do you use?

Shopify POS review by User in Renewables & Environment
User in Renewables & Environment

"Gets the job done"

What do you like best?

I like that it's easy to search for inventory quickly, and is all-in-all a pretty powerful app.

What do you dislike?

It takes FOREVER to register that a card reader is attached to my phone - which can make for a very uncomfortable waiting period when I'm trying to ring up a customer at things like a craft fair.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sometimes it can be a little laggy, but it's still worth it overall. ESPECIALLY if you already have a Shopify-based website - it's kind of a no brainer. Registering that you're using a card reader can sometimes be kind of a pain in the neck, though - we just ordered the new chip reader, so we'll see if that makes a difference.

We're able to take our business into the "real world" instead of just keeping it online, while keeping track of inventory and sales! And we're able to accept credit cards, which is huge.

Shopify POS review by Kelsea P.
Kelsea P.

"Easy app to charge cards on"

What do you like best?

I can charge credit cards in the app on my phone which allows me to process all money (both call in orders and website orders) on the same program which makes accounting easier.

What do you dislike?

Frequent updates to keep the app working, doesn't seem to work as well on my iphoneX.

Reducing the number of places that income comes from - makes accounting easier if you only have to reconcile transactions from Shopify instead of Shopify, PayPal and Square etc.

Shopify POS review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Should of used the full Shopify website and POS"

What do you like best?

The main reason for using shopify was due to rave reviews from business colleagues but they use the full platform and we should of looked into the limitations of the POS only, we are now going to change to a full Shopify website. We were very time poor so opted for a quick solution to get some Christmas orders in.

What do you dislike?

I was not aware of the limitations and should of looked into it a bit more, we used a Squarespace website with the shopify POS , we cannot intergrate Afterpay or use any affiliate apps due to the fact that customers leave the website and then go to the shopiy POS. therefore any FB re-targating for abandoned carts is also not possible - we will solve this by changing to a Shopify website very soon

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at the limitations first and if needed rather use a full Shopify website instead

As stated above it was a quick solution and has brought in orders for the Christmas rush but for a long term solution we will need to change

Shopify POS review by syed a.
syed a.

"How Shopify helped me start my E-comm business"

What do you like best?

I love how easy shopify makes it to create your own stores. They have options to handle shipping, payouts, orders. apps that designe your stores and run them at the same time. It also handles your taxes for you !

What do you dislike?

Using shopify on PC is easy but does tend to be confusing on your phone. It takes awhile to master the features.

I can have multiple stores open and have a fliud income as I get to spend more time with friends and family. It really helps you take control of your own time and life.

Shopify POS review by Ray D.
Ray D.

"Great Way to Take Orders in the Fly!"

What do you like best?

What I like best is that is does pull ALL my Products and makes that easy, and also that I can simply key in the CC info without the reader, as I forget to bring the reader many times. IT also does work nicely back and forth with the base Shopify App.

What do you dislike?

It took me a little while to figure out and get used to their UI, which I think could be better. I think they could set it up as 1,2,3, ... and walk you through the process. It also took me awhile to figure out how to add a DISCOUNT to a current product vs. creating a Custom Sale.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it try for sure, there fees are the same I think with the rest, so why would you not want to use this!

This really has been great for me, as although there are other options out there like SQUARE that you could use, I love then fact that this allows me to keep it all in my SHOPIFY world, and does not then require another entity that I need to work about. I also like that it keeps all my sales for the customers grouped together, and I feel this makes me more efficient. I started using this when they came out with, and it has replaced SQUARE for me.

Shopify POS review by Charlie B.
Charlie B.

"Not Bad... Not Bad At All..."

What do you like best?

This product is very flexible and scalable. We started using it back when we have less than 25 employees and one register. We now have over 200 employees and 7-8 registers and the software is still perfect for our needs. Also, training for this platform is extremely easy. Most new employees do not need much training at all since the system is so intuitive.

What do you dislike?

There have been some lingering issues with Gift Card processing and sales reporting for Gift Cards. We have contacted support quite a bit about this and there does not seem to be a ready solution. If this issue is fixed, I see no reason that Shopify POS would not be considered one of the better POS platforms on the market. Another minor downside is that Shopify POS only operates on iPads. It would be nice to not be so limited on which hardware it can be run with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If Shopify's price tag fits within your operational budget, go for it! The benefits and ease of use are worth the price tag. I would consider what the additional transition costs may be though. You will need to purchase iPads to operate the software on. Depending on what you currently use, this additional expense may prove to be prohibitive.

We use Shopify POs in our brick and mortar location to process sales to customers. On a busy day we process between 300 to 500 transactions, or up to $150k in sales. Software downtime is extremely limited and response time is very quick. We are able to move long lines quickly.

Shopify POS review by Shaina P.
Shaina P.

"It Gets The Job Done"

What do you like best?

I love that it's easy to swipe the credit cards and it's an easy process for the customers. I love that I rarely experience problems checking them out! It's an easy system to learn and I recommend this for any business with registers.

What do you dislike?

Once the swipe goes through, sometimes the customer will change their mind on an item and instead of going back to change that, I have to find their order and refund them and then process another order. Once it gets to the signature, I wish there was a back button and so that I can quickly change that for them. They get confused as to why I have to refund or charge them again for a new order. It also can be difficult to find their order in the system. Especially if it was a return!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this system for register use!

I worked on the registers for 6 months before moving to customer service. We grew very fast as a company and we had many people come through while using only 2 registers. It got the job done quickly! We were able to satisfy the customers.

Shopify POS review by Thomas W.
Thomas W.

"Great for small AND medium sized businesses"

What do you like best?

It's a great solution to provide a seamless transition from an online store to a physical store. While the product isn't robust enough to serve every need we'll ever have, it makes opening a brick and mortar store possible when all you've done is online sales.

What do you dislike?

It lacks robust functionality the bigger your store gets. The apps have periodic glitches and bugs that go unresolved and are not repeatable, but provide serious problems to our customers. The product is limited in its ability to interface with different types of hardware, and until POS apps were released, had extremely insufficient flexibility as an all-in-one POS system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Shopify POS is great for small businesses, but the larger you scale, you'll find that you have to come up with creative workaround solutions.

Transitioning form an online store to a brick and mortar store. This product has allowed us to make the jump and to expand our service at our physical location. It is great to have one unified product database and to have online discount codes and gift cards that work over POS as well.

Shopify POS review by Lauren G.
Lauren G.

"Easy to use and incredibly powerful. "

What do you like best?

It's interface is incredibly easy to understand, and if you still don't get it, their customer support is exceptional. The hardware add ons make it easy to have a fully functional retail experience, from scanning, to searching manually, to printing customizable receipts.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to gather more customer information. I recently wanted to create an order for our online store as a pre-orders and it would've been easy if there was a seamless way to do that through the app. The customer had to manually enter her credit card number and place a web order in person as opposed to being able to swipe her card through the POS system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd go for it, especially if you have a shopify store already.

Shopify POS makes it easy to sell in person. All of our products from online are able to be scanned and sold in person with little to know hassle. It gives a professional retail appearance without using a clunky system, which is perfect for smaller businesses. Staff members are also given their own pins which helps to track their sales and gives insights into sales. The integrations with Shopify's reports helps to optimize our inventory process by easily identify the best sellers at the store.

Shopify POS review by Kaytlyn G.
Kaytlyn G.

"Shopify Platform"

What do you like best?

The platform is very user friendly and allows for easy website edits that look great! The platform makes taking and processing orders very easy. The customer service has always been helpful and fast whenever I've needed them.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more options on the order dashboard side. Customers often want to change quantities, remove or add an item, etc. after the order is placed and there is no easy way to do that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The system is very user friendly and the iPhone app is so quick and easy to learn. It makes taking payment anywhere easy!

We have a website along with a payment processor in one!

Shopify POS review by Mikko S.
Mikko S.

"Pretty good, but still room to improve"

What do you like best?

Shopify POS works well as an extension of your online Shopify store, but we use it strictly at events. It lacks some functionality that we'd like to see that we do have online, but again the price is right as a Shopify web platform user.

The UI is very intuitive, new employees can figure out how to use it in a matter of minutes. Adds a professional element to our otherwise very basic event sales setup.

What do you dislike?

Works well on iPad, but iPhone app is pretty horrendous. Product imagery is not nearly as good on the app anymore.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are just complimenting your primary storefront, Shopify POS can do that well. As a primary shop interface, I'm not sure it is up to par with other solutions.

Selling products remotely at events without having to carry a lot of inventory. Has definitely simplified and allowed us to scale our regional event sales business.

Shopify POS review by Nick C.
Nick C.

"Great tool for our business "

What do you like best?

We have an e-commerce store, but recently have been branching out to selling on the weekends at festivals and farmers markets and this tool has made selling in person a breeze!

What do you dislike?

Nothing, it's great. We have had zero problems using this tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are using Shopify, skip using something like Square. Shopify Pos is all you need. The ability to have a seamless POS system that tracks inventory is awesome!

This has allowed us to easily accept cash and credit card transactions, when selling in person.

Shopify POS review by Amanda P.
Amanda P.

"Great inexpensive POS option"

What do you like best?

Shopify sent us a free card reader, easy to process transactions, easy to enter shipping information for later shipments.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike, great for expos, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely reach out for a free card reader.

Great inexpensive solution for POS sales

Shopify POS review by Agency in Information Technology and Services
Agency in Information Technology and Services

"Easy to use, intuitive, younger POS solution that integrates great with eCommerce"

What do you like best?

Great tier one support, app is light and responsive, intuitive, beautiful.

Extremely easy to setup printers, scanners, cash drawer, etc., and good support for using that hardware.

App integrates great with eCommerce platform, and it's great have eCommerce customers and orders all in the same place as our POS customers and orders. Enterprise level stuff accessible to anyone.

What do you dislike?

More difficult issues (questions beyond 'how to do this') are not handled as well. Lighter volume stores have no issues with it, but store managers at extremely high traffic locations feel like it is buggy and that it crashes often.

Some more enterprise features are missing at this point.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great if you are using their eCommerce product. If you are not, it's a good option that is quickly improving, but it feels younger than some of the competitors.

Easy to deploy, low cost, eCommerce integrated POS solution.

Shopify POS review by Meg S.
Meg S.

"Shopify POS"

What do you like best?

Shopify pos is easy to use and I love that it takes the items right out of my inventory

What do you dislike?

Nothing! App is great! Easy to use!!!!!!

I can charge someone for a product anywhere!

Shopify POS review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"A good way to sell products, if you don't like using Square"

What do you like best?

I like that Sjopify finally extended its POS offerings to Android and does not force me to use a third party payment collection app.

What do you dislike?

It took a very long time to arrive on Android operating systems, I was forced to use Square prior to this and am leaning towards sticking to Square because I already have a system established for it.

Unlike using a third party vendor, Shopify POS allows me to seamless sell products on the go, whether it is at farmers markets or to family or friends, Using this enables me to have direct sales tracking right back to my Shopify inbox,

Shopify POS review by Grace D.
Grace D.

"Shopify POS - an excellent business tool"

What do you like best?

In a start-up clothing company I consulted for, we used Shopify to build our online store, track inventory, etc. and using Shopify POS while we were out at pop-up shops, farmers markets, etc. made doing business a breeze! Bring able to use a device to process payments, track sales, and check inventory all in one was an invaluable tool.

What do you dislike?

The attachment to scan cards can be a little tricky when it comes disconnected.

Shopify POS makes doing business outside of the office a breeze!

Shopify POS review by Amanda P.
Amanda P.

"The greatest small biz outlet"

What do you like best?

Shopify is a GREAT outlet for small businesses.. you can easily integrate your online inventory with your physical brick an mortar inventory - creating a smooth an easy process to do business.

What do you dislike?

Not really many dislikes, even after tax season thinking it was the end all be all, Shopify easily brings up any and all information needed.

Super user friendly!

Shopify POS review by Kristy F.
Kristy F.

"Easy for Business Owners"

What do you like best?

Reports are easy to pull, track sales by location, search products/ customers.

What do you dislike?

There’s no security. We all have the same log in. I manage all locations. I would like for half my team to be able to see what they’re in charge of, and the other half see the other half

Mobile and ecommerce pos

Shopify POS review by Peter D.
Peter D.

"cash register on my phone"

What do you like best?

In addition to using the POS app and card-reader for events, I use this tool to manage product inventory for sales occurring in other channels like eBay and Etsy that are not connected to my Shopify account. The POS solution is incredibly easy for taking payments on my phone.

What do you dislike?

While it is incredibly easy to run orders from different channels through POS, I wish Shopify and POS would integrate so that inventory could be all managed in 1 platform and update listings accordingly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great vehicle to conduct offline sales but keep inventory in on-line channels aligned.

Selling products in person and removing inventory from other selling channels.

Shopify POS review by Erin S.
Erin S.

"Easy POS for when you are on the go!"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use at any time of day or any space. I used it at pop up shops and conventions to ring customers up.

What do you dislike?

It was all good to me. If there was an easier way to add one off or new products, that would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Familiarize yourself with the layout before using it so you can finish transactions easier.

Checking people out on at different events. It's very mobile, as long as you have a iPhone or iPad you are good to go!

Shopify POS review by User

"Easy user friendly system. Haven’t had any problems "

What do you like best?

The system is synced with the online website so i don’t have to worry about manually syncing everyday

What do you dislike?

I wish I’d have an email capture with having to make a purchase

In person selling as well as online

Shopify POS review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Decent, but not as good as Square."

What do you like best?

Being able to use Shopify for my website and for my brick and mortar shop. That's a major advantage. That said, Square POS is so much better that I'm using both. I use Squarify,io to synchronize my inventory totals between Square and Shopify and get the best of both worlds.

What do you dislike?

I really need a scanner for stock counts, that's a deal breaker for me.

Connecting my e-commerce with my in-store experience.

Shopify POS review by Dani T.
Dani T.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Shopify POS was easy to set up and convenient to use. Having the ability to have the app on my phone was extremely nice.

What do you dislike?

Editing products isn't possible so we had to add in a random price/ cost and account for it later.

With shoppers popping up anywhere we were able to complete their purchases wherever we were.

Shopify POS review by Administrator

"Great System"

What do you like best?

The ability to sync inventory with online store sales and POS sales.

What do you dislike?

The inability to edit product details within the app.

I'm able to sell in person with little equipment.

Shopify POS review by Charlene W.
Charlene W.

"Great System! "

What do you like best?

It’s organized and easy to use! I can simply ring through customers with no hassle

What do you dislike?

There is sometimes lag but updating the application regularly reduces this.

None.

Shopify POS review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Easy to use, easy to install, easy to understand. "

What do you like best?

Almost no set-up required. Very easy to install, understand and use.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to improve upon. In fact, I hope they don't change much. Keep it very, very simple.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Obviously, it only makes sense if you are already using Shopify. But given that, it really couldn't be easier.

On the go point-of-sale for employee orders.

Shopify POS review by Michel H.
Michel H.

"Great, but not perfect"

What do you like best?

I really like the Ease of Use, Shopigy Online integration, and the many options available to pay

What do you dislike?

What I would like to see is add the capability to process debit transactions, and scan barcodes in app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it, it's great!

Selling in person, leading to increased sales.

Shopify POS review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Simple user to export data."

What do you like best?

As a new user I like the number of reports that are available. I need to export information from Shopify and import it into our database.

What do you dislike?

As a new user I have not figured out my dislikes yet.

We transitioned from another platform and so far Shopify has been much better.

Shopify POS review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Incredibly Useful"

What do you like best?

Shopify POS is simple to use, and its connectivity with other aspects of our Shopify store allow for easy inventory management and order processing.

What do you dislike?

If anything, I wish the interface offered more of a "heads up" in a certain size or variant of inventory is running low.

In person selling and order processing. We've been able to seamlessly operate pop-up shops without having to worry about a POS system integrating with the online solution we already use.

Shopify POS review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"Everyday Use"

What do you like best?

So easy and convenient to work with, online ordering is easy

What do you dislike?

Can be slow sometimes and a little glitchy

Recommendations to others considering the product

Shopify is the best way to manage your online business

Customer service online orders

Shopify POS review by Administrator in Design
Administrator in Design

"Simple to use, fast, reliable"

What do you like best?

Ease of inventory input, search ability.

What do you dislike?

How long it takes to get the money deposited.

This solves the need to search for pricing.

Shopify POS review by User in Computer Games
User in Computer Games

"Great for businesses of any size."

What do you like best?

Their merchant systems are great for tracking purchase statistics and order fulfilment.

What do you dislike?

Fees can be a headache but that is a minor complaint.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely a strong contender for handling your invoices and sales tracking. Takes the hassle out of having to create your own system.

Order fulfilment for merchandise store.

Shopify POS review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Shopify POS Review "

What do you like best?

I like the different apps and features !

What do you dislike?

No complaints at the momenr kn shopify.

I am able to track where people are finidng our website to better determine where to spend more in advertising.

Shopify POS review by Agency in Information Technology and Services
Agency in Information Technology and Services

"Shopify POS is the best POS on the market"

What do you like best?

Easy to set up. Integrates with my Shopify store.

What do you dislike?

Nothing major. It does everything I need very well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Shopify is great for retail establishments, not so much for hospitality.

I help clients sell online and set up their storefronts primarily using Shopify.

Shopify POS review by User in Motion Pictures and Film
User in Motion Pictures and Film

"Big fan of shopify"

What do you like best?

That it is easily transferable between platforms

What do you dislike?

I don't love that I can't see analytics without paying

We started a store!!

Learning about Shopify POS?

* We monitor all Shopify POS reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.