Shopify POS

With Shopify POS you are able to do business anywhere and you'll be able to track your sales and growth with all of your data in one system.

Work for Shopify POS?

Learning about Shopify POS?

Shopify POS Reviews

Showing 33 Shopify POS reviews
Shopify POS review by <span>Karli B.</span>
Karli B.

"Easy to use, all in one place! "

What do you like best?

I really like Shopify POS for a lot of reasons. I find that it is very easy to use and is super user friendly! The I use this for consumer shows and it really helps the POS process to run smoothly. The first time I used it, it took me maybe two times and I was able to work my way around the app no problem! It is easy to make updates when necessary on the spot. It is very quick, and once you make changes, they are updated automatically.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything that I dislike about this. The only thing I would say is that sometimes at trade shows the wifi is spotty, it would be cool if there was some way to use this app even when not connected to wifi. I like this app a lot and would definitely recommend it! Sometimes it also bugs out and does weird changes that I didn't make. But It could just be that I am just learning it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend getting the blue tooth card reader to go along with Shopify POS! It makes it super easy and quick to use.

We use Shopify POS for running payment and selling product at consumer shows for my line of work. We like this because we travel for these shows and it is easy to add in the tax per the state that we are doing a show in. It makes the process very easy.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Shopify POS
Shopify POS review by User in Renewables & Environment
User in Renewables & Environment

"Gets the job done"

What do you like best?

I like that it's easy to search for inventory quickly, and is all-in-all a pretty powerful app.

What do you dislike?

It takes FOREVER to register that a card reader is attached to my phone - which can make for a very uncomfortable waiting period when I'm trying to ring up a customer at things like a craft fair.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sometimes it can be a little laggy, but it's still worth it overall. ESPECIALLY if you already have a Shopify-based website - it's kind of a no brainer. Registering that you're using a card reader can sometimes be kind of a pain in the neck, though - we just ordered the new chip reader, so we'll see if that makes a difference.

We're able to take our business into the "real world" instead of just keeping it online, while keeping track of inventory and sales! And we're able to accept credit cards, which is huge.

What Retail POS solution do you use?

Shopify POS review by <span>Kelsea P.</span>
Kelsea P.

"Easy app to charge cards on"

What do you like best?

I can charge credit cards in the app on my phone which allows me to process all money (both call in orders and website orders) on the same program which makes accounting easier.

What do you dislike?

Frequent updates to keep the app working, doesn't seem to work as well on my iphoneX.

Reducing the number of places that income comes from - makes accounting easier if you only have to reconcile transactions from Shopify instead of Shopify, PayPal and Square etc.

Shopify POS review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Should of used the full Shopify website and POS"

What do you like best?

The main reason for using shopify was due to rave reviews from business colleagues but they use the full platform and we should of looked into the limitations of the POS only, we are now going to change to a full Shopify website. We were very time poor so opted for a quick solution to get some Christmas orders in.

What do you dislike?

I was not aware of the limitations and should of looked into it a bit more, we used a Squarespace website with the shopify POS , we cannot intergrate Afterpay or use any affiliate apps due to the fact that customers leave the website and then go to the shopiy POS. therefore any FB re-targating for abandoned carts is also not possible - we will solve this by changing to a Shopify website very soon

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at the limitations first and if needed rather use a full Shopify website instead

As stated above it was a quick solution and has brought in orders for the Christmas rush but for a long term solution we will need to change

Shopify POS review by <span>Ray D.</span>
Ray D.

"Great Way to Take Orders in the Fly!"

What do you like best?

What I like best is that is does pull ALL my Products and makes that easy, and also that I can simply key in the CC info without the reader, as I forget to bring the reader many times. IT also does work nicely back and forth with the base Shopify App.

What do you dislike?

It took me a little while to figure out and get used to their UI, which I think could be better. I think they could set it up as 1,2,3, ... and walk you through the process. It also took me awhile to figure out how to add a DISCOUNT to a current product vs. creating a Custom Sale.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it try for sure, there fees are the same I think with the rest, so why would you not want to use this!

This really has been great for me, as although there are other options out there like SQUARE that you could use, I love then fact that this allows me to keep it all in my SHOPIFY world, and does not then require another entity that I need to work about. I also like that it keeps all my sales for the customers grouped together, and I feel this makes me more efficient. I started using this when they came out with, and it has replaced SQUARE for me.

Shopify POS review by <span>Charlie B.</span>
Charlie B.

"Not Bad... Not Bad At All..."

What do you like best?

This product is very flexible and scalable. We started using it back when we have less than 25 employees and one register. We now have over 200 employees and 7-8 registers and the software is still perfect for our needs. Also, training for this platform is extremely easy. Most new employees do not need much training at all since the system is so intuitive.

What do you dislike?

There have been some lingering issues with Gift Card processing and sales reporting for Gift Cards. We have contacted support quite a bit about this and there does not seem to be a ready solution. If this issue is fixed, I see no reason that Shopify POS would not be considered one of the better POS platforms on the market. Another minor downside is that Shopify POS only operates on iPads. It would be nice to not be so limited on which hardware it can be run with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If Shopify's price tag fits within your operational budget, go for it! The benefits and ease of use are worth the price tag. I would consider what the additional transition costs may be though. You will need to purchase iPads to operate the software on. Depending on what you currently use, this additional expense may prove to be prohibitive.

We use Shopify POs in our brick and mortar location to process sales to customers. On a busy day we process between 300 to 500 transactions, or up to $150k in sales. Software downtime is extremely limited and response time is very quick. We are able to move long lines quickly.

Learning about Shopify POS?

* We monitor all Shopify POS reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.