Shopify

Shopify is a cloud-based commerce platform designed for small and medium-sized businesses. Merchants can use the software to design, set up and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including web, mobile, social media, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops.

Work for Shopify?
Avangate  high performer  e commerce platforms  2x

Learning about Shopify?

Shopify Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 1789 Shopify reviews
Shopify review by <span>Tia E.</span>
Tia E.

Run your online store quickly, really quickly.

What do you like best?

Full customization of the site, a huge number of beautiful themes, all this makes my site not like hundreds of other online stores. You can easily change the template without having any programming skills. Excellent support, answered me in a few minutes and quickly helped to solve the problem. Stunning SEO. And most importantly, you can run your online store very quickly, really quickly.

What do you dislike?

Not a small price. For this price, I would like more functions and more settings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This platform is really made for you and your business. If you do not have knowledge of HTML or CSS, if you do not want to bother with setting up your site, just try Shopify. Thousands of people have chosen this online platform and they trust it. Make your site simple and tasteful.

The most basic is the management of sales of our online store and customer management. We also use integrated payment solutions.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Shopify
Shopify review by <span>Britany K.</span>
Britany K.

Helpful platform for our trade.

What do you like best?

Big opportunity to selling online with our own website. Yes, it is not so easy but we can create the much beautiful design and comfortable interface to make our customers satisfied. I always use sales information to grow our business faster and productive.

What do you dislike?

I don't want to be rude but I guess that this platform should be cheaper. I know that I have everything that I need but it is will be a big helper to us, as we are not a huge company which can run their business fast.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With this platform, you will always stay on top of anything, even when you’re away. For sure you will never miss your sale. Also, the solution is always is synced via all your sales canal at all times. Better accession with mobile which will help you to control a lot of working process.

With the ability of automated marketing, and free training material we can always be one step ahead of the rivalry. We can have a holistic and particular view of our company to better understand the trade, orders to rather tailor our products and sale.

What E-Commerce Platforms solution do you use?

Shopify review by <span>John R.</span>
John R.

Easy e-commerce and customizable

What do you like best?

The ecommerce functions are the best of similar web builders. Plus they provide real time shop analytics.

Shopify makes constructing your website easy for beginners to those more knowledgeable about coding. They offer a diverse array of templates that fit businesses of all types. Within the templates, there are many standard customization options. Additionally, the Shopify store also has tons of add-ons that make it easy to incorporate special functions. All these design elements allow your to create a website that doesn't look like it was created using a popular site builder.

What do you dislike?

You can build the home page with a solid number of pre-made "sections", allowing your home page layout to be very customizable and unique. But you aren't able to build pages other than the homepage in this way. There are workarounds posted online, but they tend to involve more coding.

Also, not all "sections" are available for all templates. I wish I was able to use some of the cool sections that other templates include, but they aren't available within the template I'm using. Overall, though, there is a solid selection of sections.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are tons of online forums of Shopify users who have tips and methods on a huge variety of questions. Google your questions and learn as much as possible from the answers.

Create a customizable, good looking online store. Our final product ended up looking very professional, with the ecommerce functions working seamlessly. Managing orders is all done easily within the platform, making it a central portal for our online store

Shopify review by <span>Marianne Z.</span>
Marianne Z.

Easy To Use For A POD and Drop Shipping Newbie

What do you like best?

The free 30 day trial let's you learn and figure things out first before committing. Its also very easy to use and has all the apps you need to get your Print On Demand Drop Shipping business started. I also like that you can link and sync your Shopify store to other sales channels you may use such as Facebook and even Amazon which I am looking into this week.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app can use a few more functions, although its not even a real issue at the moment. Other than that, I'm quite satisfied so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use your trial period wisely by learning to use it and exploring the apps that can make your small online business work mostly under one roof.

It's easy to use and figure out for even newbies like me.. There are free themes and stock photos. If you're a tiny start up, you don't have to spend beyond the basic plan to get your store up and started. I like that print on demand apps are linked in-house so that simplifies everything.

Shopify review by <span>Jon P.</span>
Jon P.

Simple and Straightforward E-Commerce manager with many app add-ons

What do you like best?

I think the best feature of Shopify is it's flexibility. If you don't know anything about web design, you can still have a great looking functional website. If you do know web design, you can make a custom layout within their framework that looks fantastic and works very well. Their flexibility is increased by all their payment partners and all their available shipping programs available through apps. They also easily connect to sites like Amazon and eBay for multi channel sales. The number and quality of 3rd party apps available can help you get almost any feature your store needs.

What do you dislike?

The biggest downside to Shopify is the price. You get a lot for the price, but the fees add up. There is a monthly store fee and then credit card fees for transactions and then fees for the other 3rd party apps you decide to use. It's not the cheapest option out there.

Shopify has helped us launch a smaller scale website to sell our products to a different market. They also help us connect and sell our items on eBay. This was a much easier solution for us rather than working on a bigger scale more complex software solution to launch a small scale side operation for our company.

Shopify review by <span>Muneeba F.</span>
Muneeba F.

Love the idea! A blessing in disguise

What do you like best?

Shopify has helped me in increasing my revenue and profit. The secured payment method helps customers to pay for the product easily and without any worries. I like the way how I was able to set up my store in no time and the way I could design my virtual store according to my wishes was just a great surprise.

What do you dislike?

I think the cost is a bit high and the initial free period of 14 days is too less to completely understand the benefits of using Shopify. In my opinion, the cost of buying a package may not be viable for a small company who has just started doing business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, this is an easy way for a person to operate online. Shopify gives you the chance to earn extra without much effort in the store. Everything is managed by the software itself. You will recover all costs from the extra revenue you earn

I have a small home based cakes and confectionery store which I run with a few employees. Previously, I used to deliver them to my customers near my locality or if they came to my store. With Shopify, I was able to expand my operations as this not only brought in free advertisement but also more customers! Customers could shop and pay online and even give their customized orders for later pickup. I am able to earn a lot more on the side with this software

Learning about Shopify?

* We monitor all Shopify reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.