Do you work for Shopify?

Shopify Reviews & Product Details

What is Shopify?

Shopify is the leading cloud-based, multichannel commerce platform designed for small and medium-sized businesses. Merchants can use the software to design, set up, and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including web, mobile, social media, marketplaces, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. The platform also provides merchants with a powerful back-office and a single view of their business. The Shopify platform was engineered for reliability and scale, using enterprise-level technology made available to businesses of all sizes. Shopify currently powers over 243,000 businesses in approximately 150 countries and is trusted by brands such as Tesla Motors, Budweiser, Red Bull, LA Lakers, the New York Stock Exchange, GoldieBlox, and many more. For a demo, please visit: https://docs.shopify.com/webinars

Shopify Screenshots

Shopify Reviews

1-50 of 2403 total Shopify reviews

Shopify Reviews

1-50 of 2403 total Shopify reviews
Shopify review by Jennifer B.
Owner/Photographer
Photography
Most Recent Shopify Video Review

"Approachable e-commerce "

Shopify review by Natasha S.
Co-Founder and Designer

"Shopify is great for starting an eCommerce business."

What do you like best?

I really enjoy using Shopify and actually switched over from Squarespace. I have my own eCommerce company and I like that the CRM for Shopify gives me a lot more options for tracking my sales, data, users, products, and clicks. I have Advanced Shopify so I have the ability to use abandoned cart features, collection of emails, see which products are the most viewed, and what products are most searched for. It also allows me to input certain SEO's which is tremendously helpful when people are searching for products my brand offers.

What do you dislike?

Small things I dislike about Shopify is that I wish it were more user interface friendly for people who do not know a lot about HTML and JavaScript. I had a designer working with me who knew these things but when I wanted to edit something, or add a page, I had to seriously click around and google every question I had since the user interface made it difficult for me to edit my website without knowing code.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend Shopify to others and in fact, have been recommending it to friends who are looking to start their eCommerce businesses as well. It is a great tool for starting an eCommerce website, or just a regular website with items to buy as well and can easily be integrate with other daily applications for a more user-friendly experience.

Shopify helps businesses problems a lot for example letting businesses know which of their products are their top clicked ones and which ones aren't. They also track and compile a list of emails that people will use when signing up for your email subscriptions or when they check out, so you can have the master list for mail blasts. Shopify also is connected very easily with other online tools such as Instagram, so you can tag your Instagram photos with prices and links that will take you directly to your Shopify website. This allows people to shop your Instagram profile for example which is helpful for people that don't know your website, but know your Instagram (or found it through their explore page).

Shopify review by Matthew H.
Co-owner

"An excellent non-coding platform for ecommerce"

What do you like best?

The ease of use is the best part of shopify. Without a doubt, being able to get in and get creating products, the home page, etc with almost no training has been an amazing godsend for the last two years. We used other platforms in the past, and switched back because it's just so convenient.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, theres not much I dislike, but there are a few problems, with shipping and other features that I would expect to have been handled by their develops by 2019, and just haven't yet. There are workarounds, but they can be costly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Honestly, unless I had a team that was well versed in another sales channel, I can't think of a reason NOT to use shopify. Especially if you're going to rely on developers anyway, theres almost nothing that you can't make shopify do. And the customer service is by far the best of the sales channels, in my opinion.

Shopify is my primary sales channel

Shopify review by Alex M.
Marketing

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

The things I like most about Shopify is how easy it is to get started and use. Setting up an online store can be tedious and time consuming, but Shopify makes it easy. I like how many apps they offer to install and add to your store to make it meet all the needs you may have. They also have valuable analytics that provide projections and suggestions too. You're able to brand everything and customize to really make it your own.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike, but I would say their version of coding might be a hassle, but fortunately they have great customer service that are always very helpful and can assist you with whatever you are trying to do, otherwise there are a ton of applications you can add to your store that do the work for you too, when it comes to adding special features to your store.

Shopify easily integrates with many sales channels so you can keep everything in one dashboard and don't have to manage several channels manually.

Shopify review by Terrence W.
Founder

"A great platform that could still be better but it takes so long for improvement"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy that the Shopify interface is super-clean, and that it gives a lot of flexibility in design and configuration.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that so many simple features like carrier-rate shipping or gift cards require a more costly monthly subscription from Shopify or a monthly subscription to a completely unknown developer in the app store. While changes are positive around the platform, boy, do they take FOREVER to roll anything new out. I've heard of Alpha and Beta testing but these guys must be on Charlie and Delta testing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read the plans carefully to be sure you get what you need and by all means GO EXPLORE the App Store and Theme Store to see what you'll need and what costs those will incur. Highly recommend 3rd party themes over the ones that Shopify sells (much cheaper elsewhere).

Largely one-stop shop for e-commerce needs and ability to quickly take an idea to e-commerce market.

Shopify review by Peter B.
Senior Software Developer
Wholesale

"Create your own shop with shopify is very easy!"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Shopify is the simplicity with which you can set up your own store from 0 and without almost knowledge, being able to start winning on the same day the store is created.

I have used shopify a lot of time and I have about 6 different stores, all of them give me benefits and with hardly any expenses since shopify offers you its own domain for your shop.

- Shopify is very simple but at the same time very powerful since it offers a lot of options in your dashboard

- You can create your store in the domain of shopify or in one of your choice

- There are many "themes" to decorate your store as you wish

- The store is fully customizable and offers templates for everything, especially the mail templates are very good

- Trial period for new developers

What do you dislike?

- At first it can be overwhelming due to the large number of options but there is a lot of information and documentation on the shopify website

- Sometimes the fees are innacurate but it is solved by updating your browser with F5.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to create a store and prove yourself as a seller without spending money on domains I recommend you try shopify, it is also very easy to create and manage, you will not be disappointed

I needed a simple way to create an online store where I did not have to buy domains or hosting services to test my online sales business, with shopify I got it and I have also been successful.

Shopify review by Zach B.
Producer

"A full online shopping experience that's easy to set up"

What do you like best?

Shopify doesn't require us to have any specialized web design or programming skills. We can sign up and get started on sharp and professional website templates within just a few minutes or so. The user interface is crisp and easy to navigate. The menus and button are bold and clear, which makes things easier to figure out and manage. There are templates for lots of different businesses. We can customize it enough to where the overall design is unique. I like that the overall structure of the website stays intact and loads cleanly in computers and mobile devices.

What do you dislike?

The transaction fees are a bit more than if we were to create a website through a DIY web hosting builder and just connected to a basic payment platform like PayPal. The overall cost is a bit higher than a WordPress install, which doesn't have a monthly fee on top of the web hosting charges.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend checking out a few web tutorials to help make your website look unique as possible. Though the templates and online design tools are generally easy to work with, you should be careful to keep design elements within suggested standards.

Shopify has served as an effective shopping platform that allows people to buy goods and services online. We can also use it for online registrations and general digital marketing. Our account is generally easy to manage and doesn't require much time to maintain it from day to day. We can automate many online business processes to help facilitate customer outreach and convert leads into customers.

Shopify review by Cynthia D.
Assistant Production

"Shopify makes it easy to appreciate customers "

What do you like best?

I think what I like best about Shopify is how many options there are to see how/in what way our products move. Tracking which discount codes are used most and seeing our top customers is great. I also find it useful to see which pages have the most bounce rate because it allows me to revamp that page. Having access to all customer, including those who have spent the most and those who abandon their cart is also very useful as it allows us to reach out to them with specific messages.

What do you dislike?

I do wish it was a little easier to break down inventory into more specific categories. I'll be looking into that more, because if I can narrow down the variances it would be helpful for production.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Honestly this is a pretty all encompassing service. I haven't used any other that I like more.

Shopify helps us track each customer and their habits, as well as view the analytics from site usage. It is very beneficial to know when customers abandon their cart, and at which page they decided to navigate away from the site. We can reach out to those who have abandoned their cars and we have, resulting in a 10% recovery after sending out emails!

Shopify review by Jessica  W.
Owner
(Myself Only)

"Customer Support Is Great"

What do you like best?

I like shopify a lot. It is easy to use without much help at all. I set up a website in no time. Anytime I DO have a problem I get on with support and within minutes they have helped me. I don't have to get on the phone or wait for an email. They also integrate with lots of helpful apps so I can customize my site to my needs.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a little more out there in terms of free designs and apps but I get it, it's a business. There are some additional features I would like but they come at a price and I am trying to keep my expenses down while my business is small. It's a catch-22 that every business faces. Maybe some new business owner discounts within the first year or based on analytics/growth reports would be helpful!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use this if in retail. When you are in retail you need to get up and running quickly and easily. Shopify allowed me to be up and running within an hour or two. I have not looked elsewhere for software.

Tracking inventory, selling products. I couldn't do it without shopify. It keeps me completely organized. It allows me to have the professional appearance of a website with all of my products in one place for customers to see. all I have to do is share my website link and it takes them to my store! I have never have any bugs where my site was down with shopify.

Shopify review by Katie M.
CEO
Retail

"Great for selling retail items!"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use for setting up and using Shopify. It's very beginner friendly, making it easy for people who are new to e-commerce to set up and use a Shopify store. It comes packed with already set-up designs, so as someone who isn't particularly adept at designing, it makes it nice not to have to build a store from the ground up. The platform also makes it very easy to use with at team, as it's widely accessible using multiple user accounts for one store.

What do you dislike?

The monthly fee seems a tad bit unnecessary, I'd much prefer if they took a fee solely from transactions so that the monthly fee could be waived. Apart from that, I don't have any major issues with Shopify! It's an overall great software. There are some aspects that I think should be provided (such as allowing stores to offer digital downloads) that either require you to download software to use, or to purchase a third party app. In my opinion, these should be offered straight through shopify's website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a small store, ensure that you're able to keep up with the monthly fee for using Shopify's services. This doesn't apply to most decently sized stores, but may make a difference to new and up and coming stores.

Not being extremely well-versed in coding and web design isn't an issue with Shopify, as it's extremely to use even without any knowledge of the two.

Shopify review by Haley D.
Spanish Translator
Translation and Localization

"Amazing Business Decision"

What do you like best?

A customized site that clearly communicates my brand and goals to our customers. Easy to use with TONS of advanced features that I can explore as I get more and more comfortable with the platform and intricacies.

What do you dislike?

Some of the seller features I wish were more similar to those provided on Etsy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely do your research and see what your options are. I wouldn't recommend STARTING your business on shopify without a significant following, because unlike marketplace platforms, you do need to put in a lot of time and work to drive traffic to your site. If you can afford that time and enjoy playing in active role in the appearance and user interface of your site, Shopify is totally worth it!

I had issues with listing fees for my items on other platforms and sites. Shopify allows me to add so many different products without paying per item, which has hugely improved my profit margins.

Shopify review by Angelina L.
Founder
Apparel & Fashion
(Myself Only)

"Shopify is the best platform for any online business."

What do you like best?

I love everything about Shopify. I love how it tells me where visitors are coming from with a live view, I love how easy it is to use, and I love all of the apps offered through Shopify. This is what makes Shopify stand out. The apps and integrations make life so much easier. Also, Shopify's blog is super helpful. They have a lot of tips and podcasts for how to prepare for holiday shoppers and marketing tips in general. Also, Shopify has a good forum that helps when you need help with customizing something for your site for example. Also, I find that Shopify's navigation is really easy to use. I can add photos easily and type text wherever I want. I like that I can embed things like Instagram walls as well. Additionally it sends automated emails which are really good.

What do you dislike?

I don't really have much to dislike, to be honest. I do wish the live shipping rates were available for stores on the plan that wasn't super expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend using Shopify. It is super affordable and super easy to use. Other people I know who tried using WooCommerce and WordPress ended up switching to Shopify because it was so much easier to use.

Well, I'm solving the problem of not having an online business. Nowadays everything is digital and my whole business is online on Shopify. Essentially Shopify is the base for my company to exist.

Shopify review by Zak D.
Co-founder

"absolutely the best !"

What do you like best?

I've been using shopify for almost three years now and i'm really happy with the platform, the only small issue is with checkout and post purchase upsells which can be solved using apps like carthook.

I also co-founded a shopify store setup/design agency we have a lot of websites using shopify in our homepage, feel free to check it out https://shopyempires.com/ .

What do you dislike?

checkout process is too long and cannot be modified.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Basically it was the first way i started my ecommerce way through so it kinda helped me a lot really

Shopify review by Courtney G.
CEO

"Love shopify"

What do you like best?

Shopify is extremely easy to use. I have used other hosting sites, and this one is the winner. With the apps you can integrate, shopify is a must have for all small business owners.

What do you dislike?

Honestly there has been nothing that I do not like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Shopify works seamlessly with amazon and shipping easy. This was a huge game changer for me. It also now offers it's own shipping where you can compare rates and you actually save more than using third party websites such as shipping easy.

I have been able to grow my business, collect emails, and integrate apps with my shopify account. With their analytics, I can assess what we are doing wrong, and fix it. Whether it be an abandoned cart email that isn't capturing the sale..etc, shopify helps me notice the problems and gives me tips to do better.

Shopify review by Gary W.
Game Designer
Graphic Design
(Myself Only)

"Easiest way to start your own shop"

What do you like best?

The platform is easy to use and there do not seem to be a lot of bugs. The platform is very self explanatory and does not feel complicated or hard to navigate at all. I love the availability of templates and apps. You do not need to be a web developer to setup a shopify store.

What do you dislike?

The cost can be excessive for small people who want to start in the world of ecommerce offering their products or doing dropshipping. Also some of the more advanced requests from my clients have proven difficult when it comes to Shopify.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should use it! I have no hesitations in recommending the site! It's great, very user-friendly, will save you a TON of time.

We are selling consumer goods online. It is a fairly affordable solution. Thankfully Shopify made it extremely easy for me to start my own store.

Shopify review by Katherine B.
Digital Content Manager

"Great eCommerce/website platform with only minimal coding knowledge required."

What do you like best?

Shopify has done a great job making an eCommerce platform that is as user-friendly as possible. You don't need to be HTML savvy to have a beautiful website here, as themes are abundantly available (both for free and purchase), and a rich text editor is available for almost every page. If you want to get into the code, you can, and it is a good idea to have someone who is at least code-savvy working on the website, but the heavy lifting is done for you by Shopify and its developers working to add as many integrations as possible.

What do you dislike?

Some of the uploading and editing tools require a bit too much clicking/loading that can become annoying during long bouts of product uploads/updates. For example, updating variations on a product page requires going from the product page to each specific variation, editing it as needed, saving, and then clicking over to the next variation button to load another page. Do that enough times and you tend to wish it were easier. This is a minor quibble, however.

With Shopify, we don't have to have a web designer and can instead leave it with someone who understands our company and product vision to execute the desired design elements while focusing on emphasizing content that is important to our clients and our brand.

Shopify review by Lincey V.
Owner
Retail

"Professional, affordable website"

What do you like best?

Shopify website are easy to set up, are highly customizable and look professional. I highly recommend the Shogun app add-on to build custom pages with an easy drag and drop software.

What do you dislike?

Like any small business website, you need to direct traffic to your website through different targeted ads.

Shopify offers good SEO but that alone doesn't provide a lot of visitors on most websites.

That is a downside to selling on the Shopify platform versus listing products on platforms like Amazon or Etsy with a large customers base.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look for a 14 days free trial to test the platform and the occasional referral discounts available.

Some discounts are valid for the lifetime of your subscription. (discounted pricing every month)

It provided a home base for my brand and showcases it beautifully. I've tried other platforms (notably bigcartel) and it didn't look anywhere as good as the new Shopify site.

Shopify review by Frederick A.
Ecommerce Manager

"Shopify in our experience"

What do you like best?

Client Service was exceptional. We had a few troubles getting set up, and they were constantly incite to answer and endeavored to get right arrangements. We found the format and brisk setup of a customer facing facade to be exceptionally useful. Shopify is to a great degree simple to set up and go ahead, so it tends to be utilized by fledglings who have never gotten their feet wet in online business.

What do you dislike?

Shopify can get muddled and not constantly instinctive when combined with stages as of now being used, as squarespace.

I've interfaced with Shopify on a cluster of various dimensions. By and by, Shopify was an extraordinary path for me to take a meaningful venture of mine and test it idea on the web. Cherished that it was so natural to incorporate with outsource alternatives, making it generally hazard allowed to experiment with.

Shopify review by Nadir G.
Préposé à l'hygiène et salubrité
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Simple"

What do you like best?

The plateform is so easy and complete !

Everything is clear, anyone can use it without any starting experience. I learned to use Shopify by myself without any youtube/google video or article. Everything is in the plateform, from marketing to coding !

What do you dislike?

I don't like the plans offered. I think, someone who is new to the store should pay only when there is orders. No monthly plan is a very good idea I suggest.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Shopify will ease your migration from real store to e-commerce. Everything is included. From marketing to links between your real inventory to virtual inventory. Very easy to use, tons of article to help you with extra informations, best customer service and finally expansion and growth are the result you get after using it !

I definitly suggest using shopify to anyone who sells locally; with shopify you get shipping option to ship anywhere in the world !

I am in the business of gift cards. I saw that many website offer discounted gift cards. I want to make people have more for their money. I sell gift card 50% discounted. Exemple : You get a 100$ restaurant gift card by paying 50$ only. The other 50$ is payed in crypto coin. Whenever a person comes to my website, I use his CPU power to mine cryptocoin. I am in a non profit business. The only profit I get is the variation on the price of a crypto coin.

Shopify review by Brantley C.
Marketing Manager

"E-commerce on the Shopify Platform"

What do you like best?

I really like a lot of things about Shopify but I guess my favorite thing is the ability to configure a really nice, completely functional e-commerce store on a small budget.

What do you dislike?

One of the things that does bother me is the limitations of some of Shopify's free themes. It's kind of a strange thing to complain about something that is free but I have run into the circumstance where I have put in some significant work configuring a Shopify site only to run into a template limitation. On a couple of occasions the limitation has forced me to switch templates which means more hours of work before launch.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend the Shopify platform for anyone wanting to start an e-commerce store. It is simple to use and very inexpensive compared to some of the other products on the market.

I build Shopify sites for small Mom and Pop businesses that need a quality e-commerce website but do not have the budget for lots of custom development.

Shopify review by Sam B.
Marketing Director
Construction

"Fast way to get started selling anything online"

What do you like best?

One of the best things I like best about Shopify is how fast you can go from the idea of I want to sell this online to actually getting money for something. It's a fairly quick and easy set up even for multiple products and they have really great ways to handle order fulfillment.

What do you dislike?

One of its strengths can also be its weakness depending what you're using it for. It's super "plug and play" so it's not like you can customize everything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It feels lightweight to get started but it's a big enough system to carry your through growth

We sell a main product which is a large ticket item that we sell over the phone through sales reps but then there are some accessories that we sell besides this product and Shopify enabled us to sell these accessories online without needing to spend much time to get it up and running on our current site

Shopify review by Selina A.
Co Manager

"Shopify is the best eCommerce website for small and big business"

What do you like best?

It's best thing is that you don't need any technical or design skills to create an online store. Shopify is one of the leaders in the e-commerce space, and perhaps the easiest-to-use tool to build an online store. Their mission is to build a hassle-free platform for setting up an e-commerce business. It provides a wide range of templates that can be customized to meet individual users’ branding requirements, and it allows either physical or digital goods to be sold. It's a very very good eCommerce site for every type of online business.

What do you dislike?

Shopify offers over 1,200 apps to extend the functionality of online shop, a lot of the apps are not free and they charge you a monthly fee to use them. Naturally, this might be concerning due to increased monthly costs. For example, integrating Freshbooks (a leading accounting/booking software) to your Shopify store is $31.99 per month.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Every online business owner should use Shopify. Shopify has a lot of benefits for eCommerce business. It's easy to use and easy to set up.

I solve a lot of problem with Shopify. I have not any technical or design skills to create an online store, but because of Shopify now I can build an online store without any hassle. Shopify has a lot of benefits I don't need any designer or web developer for my online store.

Shopify review by Joe T.

"Newbie shopify user's review"

What do you like best?

Shopify makes it really easy to get up and running rather quickly. There are a lot of really helpful apps that you can install to increase conversions. Many of them are free.

The basic free themes are enough to get you started. Also the shopify digest emails are very helpful and informative. There are a lot of "apps" that you can install on your store to help automate, track, promote, and convert.

What do you dislike?

The 2 week trial isn't really long enough to get a good grasp of the platform and it is limited in scope. You can't really assess a store/niche's potential in that time period.

Also if you want to pay for a custom theme the cheapest that you're going to find is around $150. Many of the apps that help you to automate and increase conversions come with a cost, some can be quite hefty, although if they help you make sales then the minor recurring expense should be worth it.

You can only operate one store per account which is kind of a bummer. It would be great if you were able to manage multiple store fronts from one account instead of having to log in and out of the different stores. It also can be quite a pain to have to install the same apps over and over.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch as many videos as you can before paying. Learn all of the fundamentals of selling including: how to choose winning products (if dropshipping) how to market your store, how to write good copy.

Shopify makes it easy to list and sell products whether it is dropshipping or an actual product that you produce. The integration of the apps like oberlo make automating customer's orders a breeze. This means that you can have hundreds of orders and you don't have to fulfill them manually.

Shopify review by Amy O.
Owner/Partner
Consumer Goods

"Online Cart Software That Grows With the Times!"

What do you like best?

Shopify is pretty user friendly for non-admin/IT folks like most small business owners. Lots of plug and play add on options for immediate solutions to anything you may need that isn't already in the software. Great customer service if you ever have an issue, never goes down, solved my overselling issues my last software had. They always seems to be updating and adding new features, my old software needed painstaking updates by an outside admin, too complicated to do myself and eventually the updates just ran out & it became a practically unusable investment!

What do you dislike?

You get what you pay for, so on busy months, those fees can add up fast! But compared to previous software where I always had to pay an outside admin to fix, tweak, update & it still didn't work as well as Shopify does, so that's the trade off here.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Reliable, listen to their clients input & do updates based on direct feedback, excellent client support if you ever need it, never goes down, doesn't oversell products. Shopify gives you a ton of bang for your buck. It look my business to the next level & I would not be able to grow and operate as I do now if I didn't make this switch.

Customer interface & CSM within Shopify is awesome. Built in reports have been super helpful. We have built our client list up alot and reputation by upgrading to much more user friendly and professional grade carting software. Easier to use saving me time, always a small business asset/ROI.

Shopify review by Ember H.
Boss Lady/Big Thinker

"Shopify the winner in muliti product test"

What do you like best?

My small ecommerce business runs on Shopify after trying Big Cartel, Etsy, Magneto and more. We went with Shopify for ease of use and integration with payment systems processing, facebook and other third party platforms we also use.

What do you dislike?

I wish that Shopify's customer service was easier to reach. I feel that when we do have issues, we're left solving them on our own although there is forum support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an excellent small business platform for those considering both a booth/kiosk and online business model. It's scalable so you can choose to bring it to a lower level during the off season, which I also appreciate.

We needed a solution that allowed us to travel and use POS features as well as hosting an online store. We've been able to scale our small business to 40K a year in 2 years using shopify.

Shopify review by Jaree S.

"The Best Way To Start Working For Yourself"

What do you like best?

What I love best about Shopify is that if you are ready to start selling online, like yesterday, they get you up and running in less than a day. You don’t even have to create a separate website or know how to code, in order to create a shop that not only functions well but is also beautiful. Everything you need to get started including business/e-commerce 101 information is also provided. With a vision, determination, and enthusiasm, one can quickly begin to start an online business and begin to make a profit without having to worry about the normal obstacles if one was going the more traditional route with online business.

What do you dislike?

The longer you are in business and the more you know what you need and don’t need, there are some aspects of Shopify that are missing. And it’s normally simple things that you would think Shopify would have already implemented. But they haven’t and when asked about them, Shopify will take a long time, sometimes years before implementing the feedback from the users. I wish they would see certain frequent requests from users(especially veterans) and make them a priority to implement.

Also, would love to see more apps that allow the ability to work with the other tools most common business owners are using, without having to always use Zapier to make them happen.

Since we are a combination of dropshipping and selling infroproducts, being able to quickly update products, have an accurate track of inventory from our suppliers AND having everything in one easy online shop, makes all of the difference.

Shopify is also amazing at keeping track of metrics, revenue, customer info, and staying on top of our business while also offering insights into what is and isn’t working for our business.

Another resource we use is Shopify’s blog that helps us see what is new in the e-commerce world and how other brands/businesses are using Shopify in new ways.

Shopify review by Robert P.
Project Manager (PM)

"Excellent software to build your own online shop"

What do you like best?

I love that Shopify is so easy to use and set up. You save money and time building an online shop for your business without having to invest a lot on developers and designers

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is that it is a tad difficult to understand how to integrate Shopify Apps. Also, I think it could be a much easier way to update informacion on the products. The current way could take a lot of time to be finished

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don´t think twice, ii is the best way to take your business to the online world

We are building a new online shop for some of our products and Shopify has been the ultimate solution after money and time wasted on building a shopping cart from the scratch. Shopify gives you all the tools so you can set up your shop in no time and with quality everywhere in the world. It even lets you set up shipping and return policies, giving you a lot of options from other app integrations

Shopify review by Tia E.
IT Manager

"Run your online store quickly, really quickly."

What do you like best?

Full customization of the site, a huge number of beautiful themes, all this makes my site not like hundreds of other online stores. You can easily change the template without having any programming skills. Excellent support, answered me in a few minutes and quickly helped to solve the problem. Stunning SEO. And most importantly, you can run your online store very quickly, really quickly.

What do you dislike?

Not a small price. For this price, I would like more functions and more settings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This platform is really made for you and your business. If you do not have knowledge of HTML or CSS, if you do not want to bother with setting up your site, just try Shopify. Thousands of people have chosen this online platform and they trust it. Make your site simple and tasteful.

The most basic is the management of sales of our online store and customer management. We also use integrated payment solutions.

Shopify review by Hailey D.
Social Media Coordinator - Beyond The Diag
Higher Education
(10,001+ employees)

"Quickly Scale Your Business"

What do you like best?

I love that Shopify has allowed us to grow our business from a very small amount of orders per day to over 100 per day easily. We can easily handle large amounts of orders within the system without problems.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that Shopify doesn't allow you to edit an order once it has been placed in case a customer would like to make changes. We often have customers email us after placing an order saying they clicked a wrong button and it would be great to be able to edit their order rather than having to create an exchange for new items.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Shopify makes the complicated process of e-commerce way easier!

I love that we can create invoices for customers and as soon as they pay, their orders are shipped out. This allows us to help customers who would like the added customer service of us creating the order for them.

Shopify review by Alexandra R.
Director Of Ecommerce

"Shopify: a hate / love relationship "

What do you like best?

I love how organized my orders are and how user friendly it is to refund or organize customers. I also love how easy it is to create collections and discounts. And inputting products and descriptions is a fairly simple process.

What do you dislike?

There’s a few things - I HATE how you cannot create a no code needed discount. In this day and age people want the checkout process to be a speedy one and always having to put in a discount code leaves room for error. I also don’t like how the store customization is set up it’s very finicky in my opinion. There are also tons of glitches I notice on a weekly basis. Shopify will be slow and no respondent and I really don’t like that.

The order process is simplified in many ways on this platform.

Shopify review by Tessa S.

"Easy for beginners"

What do you like best?

I enjoy Shopify because of its simplicity. It makes managing a business easy with minimal time learning the program. It is great for managing inventory and handling shipping. I like how easy it is to learn for beginners and how I can manage numbers on the go.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how it doesn't work well on my phone. This could just be my phone (iPhone X), but it gives me a hard time when I log in. I would like to see more work done to improve the quality of mobile for this program. I enjoy this very much, and it doesn't take away from its quality, but it would be really great to see in the future if possible. Other than that, I do not have any other complaints about the program itself. Customer service is great and can help in any situation you may come across.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am able to see all of my info in front of me in a very organized fashion, which I absolutely love. It is a great way to organize your info and orders. Definitely recommend for new retail business owners!!

Shopify review by Guy M.
Guy Monticello

"Great E-Commerce Platform for any sized business "

What do you like best?

I enjoy the ease of design, setup and client training that comes with a Shopify website. They also have options for linking with WordPress websites which can be useful depending on how you want to design the online store.

I like that Shopify also hosts the website, so this allows you to have your hosting and website essentially with the same company which can make troubleshooting anything a little easier. They recently added SSL certificates as part of their plans so I like that they keep up with what's new.

What do you dislike?

There's really only one thing I do not like about Shopify, but's it can also be viewed as a pro... In fact, this is both a pro and a con for me. I do not like that since Shopify is your website platform, e-commerce platform, and your web hosting service; if you want to make any major changes to one of those areas you may be limited by the platform itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're considering Shopify as your website and e-commerce platform and you run a small or medium-sized online store then I say give them a try. It's easy to set up, easy to maintain, and easy to design on Shopify. For agencies looking into Shopify, the same thing applies. It's easy to use and setup, but it's also easy to hand over the finished online store to a client.

Business problems Shopify has solved for me include the need for an online store platform that is fast to set up and easy to use and update. This has allowed me to create online stores in a fast manner which helps with project turnaround times.

Shopify review by Tessa S.
Graphic Designer

"Excellent Tool"

What do you like best?

I enjoy using Shopify to organize my sales. It has a very clean layout that makes it easy for anyone to learn the program. I appreciate the ease of use of the software because it helps business run smoothly. I have an apparel store that requires an organized software to help manage it. Shopify is just what I needed.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything quite yet. I use this program all day and it holds up well throughout everything that I put it through.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please consider using Shopify if you are new to retail or just recently opened a retail business or store. It will help greatly. I was completely new to this area, but loved how easy this was to use! Like I said earlier, I enjoy using Shopify to organize my sales. It has a very clean layout that makes it easy for anyone to learn the program. I appreciate the ease of use of the software because it helps business run smoothly. I have an apparel store that requires an organized software to help manage it. I needed something that I could reply on no matter what. Shopify is just what I needed.

I needed something to organize all my sales. I didn't have a program that could put everything together in one space right in front of me so that I could see it at any time. Shopify is just what I needed to organize my finances and inventory.

Shopify review by Shaliah Ruth M.

"Shopify Review"

What do you like best?

Shopify provides you with a Theme Store where you can pick and choose from their collection of premium themes (either free or paid) across different industries (clothing, jewelry, furniture, art, etc), so you can dress up your website accordingly.

What do you dislike?

Shopify charges a transaction fee for every sale (unless you use Shopify Payment)

In addition to a monthly service fee, Shopify charges its customers a 0.5% – 2% transaction fee for their plans (unless you are using Shopify Payments to power your payment transactions – in which case all transaction fees are removed).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for an all-in-one eCommerce solution for your online store, and you are looking to grow and add products – and you have a little bit of technical know-how, then Shopify will be a great fit for you.

One thing you should appreciate about Shopify is that they are very transparent in their fee structures. With Shopify, you can actually calculate how much you owe them based on the agreed upon monthly plan, and also based on how many sales you’ve made (which you know).

Shopify review by Dan G.
Director

"Shopify"

What do you like best?

Easy store setup . Very ease to use ecommerce platform even for someone with less knowledge to get the site up running quickly . It has a good collection of third party software and plug ins to help increase conversions.

What do you dislike?

It can be hard and cumbersome at times if you get into the CSS panel unless you are technically savvy and an advance user with programming knowledge.The level of reporting available for retail business is less

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very Easy Ecommerce platform because it is so easy to use and implement. You you get to try a lot of

the apps before even purchasing it.

Shopify was one of the first few choices we made when starting the business and it has yet to let us down in its features or ease of use. It is also easy to manage products, inventory, and orders.. The inventory and updating stocks were very easy and also with the reorder levels.

Shopify review by Maimoona A.
Manager Operations
Oil & Energy

"I earn from 4 websites with Shopify"

What do you like best?

Shopify is best for people who want to Build an e-commerce website and have no experience with this. Very easy to set up. Easy to install and maintain your online store. It takes less than a couple of hours and you can start selling the same day! Their Live chat and customer support is better than any other software’s I’ve experienced. Shopify has this amazing option of integrating with Facebook and Pinterest further boosting your sales and customer base!

What do you dislike?

I have experienced Shopify having difficulties in its international store. Multicurrency is not supported which further impacts the conversion rate to local currency. Needs to be improved. Along with this, I think the 10 themes available on the Free platform even needs to be increased

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, I will recommend this software to others specilly people earning from home. Shopify is an easy and cheap way of increasing yur profits with minimum effort

Shopify has truly helped in increasing my revenues and profits. A few years ago, I was only selling via my store. By going online, my sales have increased by almost 20%. Not only people are buying via the online store, my customers have even increased to almost double of what I init