Shopify

(1,946)

Shopify is a cloud-based commerce platform designed for small and medium-sized businesses. Merchants can use the software to design, set up and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including web, mobile, social media, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops.

Work for Shopify?

Learning about Shopify?

Shopify Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 1,951 Shopify reviews
Shopify review by <span>Tia E.</span>
Tia E.

"Run your online store quickly, really quickly."

What do you like best?

Full customization of the site, a huge number of beautiful themes, all this makes my site not like hundreds of other online stores. You can easily change the template without having any programming skills. Excellent support, answered me in a few minutes and quickly helped to solve the problem. Stunning SEO. And most importantly, you can run your online store very quickly, really quickly.

What do you dislike?

Not a small price. For this price, I would like more functions and more settings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This platform is really made for you and your business. If you do not have knowledge of HTML or CSS, if you do not want to bother with setting up your site, just try Shopify. Thousands of people have chosen this online platform and they trust it. Make your site simple and tasteful.

The most basic is the management of sales of our online store and customer management. We also use integrated payment solutions.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Shopify
Shopify review by <span>Tessa S.</span>
Tessa S.

"Easy for beginners"

What do you like best?

I enjoy Shopify because of its simplicity. It makes managing a business easy with minimal time learning the program. It is great for managing inventory and handling shipping. I like how easy it is to learn for beginners and how I can manage numbers on the go.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how it doesn't work well on my phone. This could just be my phone (iPhone X), but it gives me a hard time when I log in. I would like to see more work done to improve the quality of mobile for this program. I enjoy this very much, and it doesn't take away from its quality, but it would be really great to see in the future if possible. Other than that, I do not have any other complaints about the program itself. Customer service is great and can help in any situation you may come across.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am able to see all of my info in front of me in a very organized fashion, which I absolutely love. It is a great way to organize your info and orders. Definitely recommend for new retail business owners!!

What E-Commerce Platforms solution do you use?

Shopify review by <span>Guy M.</span>
Guy M.

"Great E-Commerce Platform for any sized business "

What do you like best?

I enjoy the ease of design, setup and client training that comes with a Shopify website. They also have options for linking with WordPress websites which can be useful depending on how you want to design the online store.

I like that Shopify also hosts the website, so this allows you to have your hosting and website essentially with the same company which can make troubleshooting anything a little easier. They recently added SSL certificates as part of their plans so I like that they keep up with what's new.

What do you dislike?

There's really only one thing I do not like about Shopify, but's it can also be viewed as a pro... In fact, this is both a pro and a con for me. I do not like that since Shopify is your website platform, e-commerce platform, and your web hosting service; if you want to make any major changes to one of those areas you may be limited by the platform itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're considering Shopify as your website and e-commerce platform and you run a small or medium-sized online store then I say give them a try. It's easy to set up, easy to maintain, and easy to design on Shopify. For agencies looking into Shopify, the same thing applies. It's easy to use and setup, but it's also easy to hand over the finished online store to a client.

Business problems Shopify has solved for me include the need for an online store platform that is fast to set up and easy to use and update. This has allowed me to create online stores in a fast manner which helps with project turnaround times.

Shopify review by <span>Tessa S.</span>
Tessa S.

"Excellent Tool"

What do you like best?

I enjoy using Shopify to organize my sales. It has a very clean layout that makes it easy for anyone to learn the program. I appreciate the ease of use of the software because it helps business run smoothly. I have an apparel store that requires an organized software to help manage it. Shopify is just what I needed.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything quite yet. I use this program all day and it holds up well throughout everything that I put it through.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please consider using Shopify if you are new to retail or just recently opened a retail business or store. It will help greatly. I was completely new to this area, but loved how easy this was to use! Like I said earlier, I enjoy using Shopify to organize my sales. It has a very clean layout that makes it easy for anyone to learn the program. I appreciate the ease of use of the software because it helps business run smoothly. I have an apparel store that requires an organized software to help manage it. I needed something that I could reply on no matter what. Shopify is just what I needed.

I needed something to organize all my sales. I didn't have a program that could put everything together in one space right in front of me so that I could see it at any time. Shopify is just what I needed to organize my finances and inventory.

Shopify review by <span>Shaliah Ruth M.</span>
Shaliah Ruth M.

"Shopify Review"

What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

Shopify charges a transaction fee for every sale (unless you use Shopify Payment)

In addition to a monthly service fee, Shopify charges its customers a 0.5% – 2% transaction fee for their plans (unless you are using Shopify Payments to power your payment transactions – in which case all transaction fees are removed).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for an all-in-one eCommerce solution for your online store, and you are looking to grow and add products – and you have a little bit of technical know-how, then Shopify will be a great fit for you.

One thing you should appreciate about Shopify is that they are very transparent in their fee structures. With Shopify, you can actually calculate how much you owe them based on the agreed upon monthly plan, and also based on how many sales you’ve made (which you know).

Shopify review by <span>Dan G.</span>
Dan G.

"Shopify"

What do you like best?

Easy store setup . Very ease to use ecommerce platform even for someone with less knowledge to get the site up running quickly . It has a good collection of third party software and plug ins to help increase conversions.

What do you dislike?

It can be hard and cumbersome at times if you get into the CSS panel unless you are technically savvy and an advance user with programming knowledge.The level of reporting available for retail business is less

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very Easy Ecommerce platform because it is so easy to use and implement. You you get to try a lot of

the apps before even purchasing it.

Shopify was one of the first few choices we made when starting the business and it has yet to let us down in its features or ease of use. It is also easy to manage products, inventory, and orders.. The inventory and updating stocks were very easy and also with the reorder levels.

Shopify review by <span>Maimoona A.</span>
Maimoona A.

"I earn from 4 websites with Shopify"

What do you like best?

Shopify is best for people who want to Build an e-commerce website and have no experience with this. Very easy to set up. Easy to install and maintain your online store. It takes less than a couple of hours and you can start selling the same day! Their Live chat and customer support is better than any other software’s I’ve experienced. Shopify has this amazing option of integrating with Facebook and Pinterest further boosting your sales and customer base!

What do you dislike?

I have experienced Shopify having difficulties in its international store. Multicurrency is not supported which further impacts the conversion rate to local currency. Needs to be improved. Along with this, I think the 10 themes available on the Free platform even needs to be increased

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, I will recommend this software to others specilly people earning from home. Shopify is an easy and cheap way of increasing yur profits with minimum effort

Shopify has truly helped in increasing my revenues and profits. A few years ago, I was only selling via my store. By going online, my sales have increased by almost 20%. Not only people are buying via the online store, my customers have even increased to almost double of what I initially had. Shopify manages my inventory and I get a notification if the stock levels needs to be replenished.

Shopify review by <span>Shaun S.</span>
Shaun S.

"Glad We Switched"

What do you like best?

Only just started using Shopify, but already I'm impressed by the ease of use, great customer support and customisation options. The amount of support Shopify gives for it's core systems is impressive and you can guarantee that updates and upgrades will always go smoothly and you don't have to worry about any custom code being overwritten and having to unpick codfe each time.

What do you dislike?

Nothing yet. As a previous user of Magento, Shopify is knocking it out of the park at the moment!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it - best eCommerce platform I've used so far. 5*

If you're struggling with Magento, sign up to Shopify and migrate today. You won't regret it.

Previously on Magento and had myriad of issues with updates, custom code and third party hosting, which have all been solved and more by migrating to Shopify. Really easy to use, customise and get support for and also don't have to worry about updates as all supported and completed by Shopify, so you don't have to worry about updates overwriting your custom code.

The fact Shopify hosts your site themselves gives an added layer of security and peace of mind as downtime is minimised and you always have support for whatever issue.

Shopify review by <span>Basil V.</span>
Basil V.

"The Best Ecommerce Platform"

What do you like best?

Shopify is the best platform for Ecommerce with the simplicity to use and economical. Great apps to add on and so much more flexibility to our success of our online web portal for subscription business.The pricing is affordable for any startup with the broad range of features.

What do you dislike?

The number of free themes for a novice is limited so that they can learn before they venture into a full product .Also some of the apps are at times not checked for stability while integration. County based tax integrations are limited. Not easy to add HTML to the theme files. Regional languages availability is limited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great platform and would recommend to anyone who is into eCommerce

We' are helping our customers to choose from the broad range of subscription products and get them familiar with different brand. Adding shopify we been able to increase our sales and customer acquisition at a lower cost . The number of customers have been increasing along with referrals and discount schemes.At times we feel discovering our ideal customer is like solving our own problem.

Shopify review by <span>Britany K.</span>
Britany K.

"Helpful platform for our trade."

What do you like best?

Big opportunity to selling online with our own website. Yes, it is not so easy but we can create the much beautiful design and comfortable interface to make our customers satisfied. I always use sales information to grow our business faster and productive.

What do you dislike?

I don't want to be rude but I guess that this platform should be cheaper. I know that I have everything that I need but it is will be a big helper to us, as we are not a huge company which can run their business fast.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With this platform, you will always stay on top of anything, even when you’re away. For sure you will never miss your sale. Also, the solution is always is synced via all your sales canal at all times. Better accession with mobile which will help you to control a lot of working process.

With the ability of automated marketing, and free training material we can always be one step ahead of the rivalry. We can have a holistic and particular view of our company to better understand the trade, orders to rather tailor our products and sale.

Shopify review by <span>John R.</span>
John R.

"Easy e-commerce and customizable"

What do you like best?

The ecommerce functions are the best of similar web builders. Plus they provide real time shop analytics.

Shopify makes constructing your website easy for beginners to those more knowledgeable about coding. They offer a diverse array of templates that fit businesses of all types. Within the templates, there are many standard customization options. Additionally, the Shopify store also has tons of add-ons that make it easy to incorporate special functions. All these design elements allow your to create a website that doesn't look like it was created using a popular site builder.

What do you dislike?

You can build the home page with a solid number of pre-made "sections", allowing your home page layout to be very customizable and unique. But you aren't able to build pages other than the homepage in this way. There are workarounds posted online, but they tend to involve more coding.

Also, not all "sections" are available for all templates. I wish I was able to use some of the cool sections that other templates include, but they aren't available within the template I'm using. Overall, though, there is a solid selection of sections.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are tons of online forums of Shopify users who have tips and methods on a huge variety of questions. Google your questions and learn as much as possible from the answers.

Create a customizable, good looking online store. Our final product ended up looking very professional, with the ecommerce functions working seamlessly. Managing orders is all done easily within the platform, making it a central portal for our online store

Shopify review by <span>Zain A.</span>
Zain A.

"Shopify: The Ideal Choice for Ecommerce and Small Business Startups!"

What do you like best?

Shopify has a great selection of apps that can be easily installed into my stores. Apps such as abandon cart recovery, order tracking, upselling, etc. can be easily purchased and installed. This saves a lot of time on set-up and also makes it easy to install apps that are highly rated and some of the best tools in the industry. Great Shopify apps that are unique to the platform include apps like Wheelio that can seriously boost conversions.

What do you dislike?

The fees on Shopify can be somewhat high when using an external payment processor. Shopify charges 1% on its upgraded plan which is on top of whatever fees your payment processor charges. In addition, for more complex problems, Shopify will refer you to a coder that charges a fee. This can be frustrating for new users with third party themes that encounter errors. As a result, I recommend using a popular theme with good reviews and avoid manual coding of alterations or additional features unless you are an expert in HTML.

Shopify does a great job of allowing anyone to quickly and cheaply setup an online store. It cuts out the hassle of having to code in elements manually or spend a large amount of money on setup. There is an extensive library of Shopify apps which makes it very easy to install additional features and tools. There are also quite a few Shopify experts and a trove of advice and tutorials on the Internet for Shopify related problems or opportunities.

Shopify review by <span>Mackenzie H.</span>
Mackenzie H.

"Makes E-Commerce a Breeze"

What do you like best?

Shopify notifies you by text and email when you receive and order and makes the process of getting the order from our manufacturing plant to the customer a breeze. We're able to send customers updates along the way and ship directly from the site. It's simple and user friendly. We are also able to see where our customers heard about our brand; it's easy to track where our pull is coming from to allocate more attention to the areas of our business that need it.

What do you dislike?

If an order is cancelled or changed, Shopify will show you that you still have pending orders to go out but in reality you do not. Other than that there is nothing our company dislikes about Shopify.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're doing your own shipping of products for e-commerce, Shopify is the way to go. It's so easy to use and it makes fulfilling orders effortless. The company is notified immediately of new orders and purchases so fulfilling and shipment can happen instantly.

We're reaching people from all over the continent who are able to purchase our USA-Made products from wherever they are regardless of if our brand is being carried in a store near them. We're much happier using Shopify compared to other E-Commerce sites because Shopify makes processing the order less of a process on our end so we can focus more of our attention on our business without the headache we've previously had of fulfilling online orders.

Shopify review by <span>Courtney K.</span>
Courtney K.

"Easy tool good for small company"

What do you like best?

I like that the platform is easy to use for all purposes. I can add, remove, or edit products or download reports all very quickly. It is definitely a very user friendly tool.

What do you dislike?

I don't think the tool is meant for a company that wants a higher end eCommerce website and lots of different capabilities. I feel the tool is limited in that sense.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Figure out what your requirements are and what type of capabilities you need for your site before deciding. Look into all aspects of the platform.

Our company did not have an eCommerce site and this was the first platform they used. They did not have many resources to manage or optimize so it was helpful in that sense. However, now that we are looking to grow and expand our eCommerce site we are moving to a different platform.

Shopify review by <span>Marianne Z.</span>
Marianne Z.

"Easy To Use For A POD and Drop Shipping Newbie"

What do you like best?

The free 30 day trial let's you learn and figure things out first before committing. Its also very easy to use and has all the apps you need to get your Print On Demand Drop Shipping business started. I also like that you can link and sync your Shopify store to other sales channels you may use such as Facebook and even Amazon which I am looking into this week.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app can use a few more functions, although its not even a real issue at the moment. Other than that, I'm quite satisfied so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use your trial period wisely by learning to use it and exploring the apps that can make your small online business work mostly under one roof.

It's easy to use and figure out for even newbies like me.. There are free themes and stock photos. If you're a tiny start up, you don't have to spend beyond the basic plan to get your store up and started. I like that print on demand apps are linked in-house so that simplifies everything.

Shopify review by <span>Jon P.</span>
Jon P.

"Simple and Straightforward E-Commerce manager with many app add-ons"

What do you like best?

I think the best feature of Shopify is it's flexibility. If you don't know anything about web design, you can still have a great looking functional website. If you do know web design, you can make a custom layout within their framework that looks fantastic and works very well. Their flexibility is increased by all their payment partners and all their available shipping programs available through apps. They also easily connect to sites like Amazon and eBay for multi channel sales. The number and quality of 3rd party apps available can help you get almost any feature your store needs.

What do you dislike?

The biggest downside to Shopify is the price. You get a lot for the price, but the fees add up. There is a monthly store fee and then credit card fees for transactions and then fees for the other 3rd party apps you decide to use. It's not the cheapest option out there.

Shopify has helped us launch a smaller scale website to sell our products to a different market. They also help us connect and sell our items on eBay. This was a much easier solution for us rather than working on a bigger scale more complex software solution to launch a small scale side operation for our company.

Shopify review by <span>Muneeba F.</span>
Muneeba F.

"Love the idea! A blessing in disguise"

What do you like best?

Shopify has helped me in increasing my revenue and profit. The secured payment method helps customers to pay for the product easily and without any worries. I like the way how I was able to set up my store in no time and the way I could design my virtual store according to my wishes was just a great surprise.

What do you dislike?

I think the cost is a bit high and the initial free period of 14 days is too less to completely understand the benefits of using Shopify. In my opinion, the cost of buying a package may not be viable for a small company who has just started doing business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, this is an easy way for a person to operate online. Shopify gives you the chance to earn extra without much effort in the store. Everything is managed by the software itself. You will recover all costs from the extra revenue you earn

I have a small home based cakes and confectionery store which I run with a few employees. Previously, I used to deliver them to my customers near my locality or if they came to my store. With Shopify, I was able to expand my operations as this not only brought in free advertisement but also more customers! Customers could shop and pay online and even give their customized orders for later pickup. I am able to earn a lot more on the side with this software

Shopify review by <span>Jennifer G.</span>
Jennifer G.

"The best ecommerce website platform"

What do you like best?

I love how flexible Shopify is for my clients. I can design a custom site and then develop it with no problem. The features offered for shop owners are comprehensive, especially the analytics provided. Shopify even allows selling on multiple platforms, like Pinterest and Facebook.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I really dislike is the limitations with the Customizer feature. The home page is the only page where you can add unlimited sections and rearrange them. Every other page has to be coded differently, and it isn't really a drag and drop solution like the home page. Hopefully this will be added in the next couple of years (I know there's currently a paid plugin, but that's never fun).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely choose Shopify over any other eCommerce CMS. Squarespace falls so short—and doesn't even let you export your product inventory.

I am providing custom ecommerce websites for my clients.

Shopify review by <span>Rebeca j.</span>
Rebeca j.

"Fast and Secure"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Shopify is their hosting, its fast and loads pretty fast which is essential for any e-commerce website. the payment gateway is great, we don't have to sweat much about the payment gateway as Shopify takes care of it. they also provide SSL connections to the website which gives a secure environment to handle sensitive information and payments. the designing options available to Shopify is really awesome, they have thousands of themes which you can customize according to your need and personalize. there are also thousands of other add-ons available as well to reduce your job and help you with the website. the user interface is pretty clear and users can navigate around without much trouble. Shopify customer support is terrific, I mean they literally reply in minutes if not in seconds and always online to help you out with any problem. I also found their tools like one to find domain names really helpful while setting up my shop.

What do you dislike?

Pricing, Shopify is costly. not just there is a monthly fee but also other fees such as credit card fees that you have to pay which can be a burden when starting out or when you don't have many sales. i also find the initial setup of the site really hard and time-consuming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

its the best shot you have, go for it.

Getting my own e-commerce platform online and Hosting it.

Shopify review by <span>Amanda P.</span>
Amanda P.

"Shopify, great for the novice"

What do you like best?

Shopify is quite simple to use with a lot of features.

What do you dislike?

Shopify relies on the sale of additional apps for revenue. Most extra features require an app for purchase (think maps of your stores). These apps in turn charge monthly use fees in tiers (think $10/mo for one store, $30/mo for 10 stores). I often find myself saying I wish I could do x, but the website is so simplified, I can only do y. Not a lot of customization options unless you are a) a coder or b) willing to pay for your theme. Discounts are useful, but again, I want to create a 25% total order including shipping discount, but I can only create one for totals before shipping.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read the fine print with fees and ask someone with a coding background to help you get setup, especially if pursuing your own domain.

Shopify is a great basic sales platform. Syncs well with shipping platforms.

Shopify review by <span>Román P.</span>
Román P.

"Best eCommerce platform in the market"

What do you like best?

It's a powerful platform that offers everything a small business needs.

You don't need technical experience to create your own professional store in few hours.

If you have a business idea, or actually your own store, you should use shopify to go online.

What do you dislike?

The programming language is not so known, so it's necessary to invert some time to understand it and learn how to improve the templates. For that, it's important to have a developer with some experience (freelance or consultant).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have and small or medium business, a real store or just a product to sell, you have to consider shopify to start selling online.

You can start with a little effort, achieving a very nice and professional website in few hours.

It's important to have technical assistance, but it's not really mandatory. You can setup the entire site by your own.

The payment processors are really reliable, and you can be relax about that. The platform supports every bank and every country.

We can keep our eCommerce up to date using the shopify's API, which is really complete and easy to use.

We developed a process that synchronizes the store with our products. That's really important, because the automation is end to end. We save a lot of time, effort and money with the API.

In addition, we could develop some reports with the same API, because I can have the order's information through that.

Shopify review by <span>Kristina P.</span>
Kristina P.

"User friendly cart platform"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy Shopify. The back end is very user-friendly and the customer service team has always been a great help. There is an app for almost everything to add the desired functionality to our shop from Live shop activity to rewards programs and beyond. Shopify goes above and beyond with articles and emails giving tips on how to improve business on their platform with analytics to back it up. The search functions on the back end are pretty seamless and integration with many other necessary components is incredibly helpful! The prompt customer service help when needed sold me!

What do you dislike?

Rather long URL's for sub pages make it difficult to index properly on google. SEO is lacking all around honestly. Templates are difficult to modify and it can be costly to really get what you are looking for. While the apps have been helpful for modifying a bit, it adds up really quickly!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hire someone to modify your template to stand out!

It is our main cart software for selling our product. Easy to use interface makes training new employees seamless.

Shopify review by <span>Ariel B.</span>
Ariel B.

"Easiest E-Commerce System Out There"

What do you like best?

The best part about shopify is all the plugins that integrate with it. I don't have to be super technical in order to add my Facebook Pixel, or to connect my store to Google Adwords so that I can sell my products with Google Shopping. There's a plugin for anything you can think of for an e-commerce store, like product reviews or adding custom fields to each product page. It's also nice that everything is stored in the cloud so we don't have to pay for additional storage on another platform.

What do you dislike?

When it comes to having static pages, you do need a designer or a developer or to pay for a template, and any extra customization is difficult from scratch. The blog section of our website is pretty bland but there's not too much that can be done design-wise with a Shopify site. It's definitely more for outright selling products. I don't like that you can't go back and edit promotion codes, (like extend dates a coupon is available) but it's not a deal breaker.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would absolutely recommend Shopify for any e-commerce website. If you're trying to open a blog or something that isn't necessarily selling anything, Shopify isn't for you. Make sure to take advantage of the reporting features because that gives you information you might not see otherwise.

I'm able to get my products uploaded and on the website easily and without much effort. You can add them manually or in big batches with a CSV file that saves a ton of time. The system also makes syncing your data across different platforms (like Facebook and Google Shopping) much easier than if I were to try to do it on my own.

Shopify review by <span>Erich D.</span>
Erich D.

"The lucky key to the productive online store."

What do you like best?

I like that I can work better and for all of my work I don't need special design skills. I can establish my brand online store and this software will help me to do it. I have the ability to create good looking themes and complete control over it. Gives a better chance to add new sales channels just in one click.

What do you dislike?

I really don't have any problems with using that software. Everything works well and doesn't have delays. Also has helpful support for everyone. I'm not a complaint about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With Shopify, my work is easier and fully organized.All set up will be simple fast. The program is wonderful for marketing and sale. Great opportunity to increase our business and make the most comfortable way to use. I recommend it to you.

We like a lot to create and work with this program. We can make perform all our orders in an easy way. We have the opportunity to track sales and increase our trends. That software will give a help with everything from marketing and of course payments. Also, we have a good step to safe checkout and shipping product.

Shopify review by <span>edwin W.</span>
edwin W.

"Shopify e-Commerce entreprenuers software"

What do you like best?

Shopify has ton of built in features and a platform that enables the developers to offer hyper-specialized goods to the market. there is a reliable 24/7 customer support. the software has powerful features for marketing and it is very easy to use the reports.the outstanding feature is that is it easy to set up a beautiful and responsive store.with Shopify, one does not have to worry about the technical section of running and maintaining any online store as there is provision of secure servers and updated software

What do you dislike?

Shopify has limited options for shipping which is a major drawback to some retailers. moreover, the functionality of Shopify is dependent on third party apps

Recommendations to others considering the product

Shopify is the only platform that can handle security and speed at global level with provision of 100 percent SSL, keeps the sites streaming fast and payment integration with the provider is sufficient and favorable as you will be paid and the customers will never waste their time waiting for their page to load

Firstly, it solves the problems of shipping and for most entrepreneurs.

Shopify is good platform for marketing an online store. it does not offers the most fanciest tools in marketing rather they utilize Apps in creating easily landing pages which is a primary factor that differentiates it from other platforms.

Shopify review by <span>Jaime K.</span>
Jaime K.

"Most straight-forward and simple to set up out of the box."

What do you like best?

I love that I can have a store up and running in give or take ten minutes, between a well-executed template system and ease of importation of products. Payment gateway, apps, literally everything is easier than most other e-commerce options. I work with several businesses and quick integration with Mailchimp, social media, customer service options are a huge plus. Hosting, free SSL, all of the payment gateways, it takes a lot of hassle out of the initial setup.

What do you dislike?

If I had to specify something I dislike using the platform, most of the essential functionality requires apps, and the price can add up quickly. For a realistic figure you're looking at $29/mo, add a few apps running $9-10 dollars a month and you definitely need the sales to pick up the difference. As someone coming from Wordpress/Woocommerce, you definitely don't have as much control or flexibility at the end.

When I'm trying to launch multiple websites, Shopify makes life exponentially easier by not juggling as many tasks. I'm not trying to switch between learning the different applications or plugins of various templates. Plug-n-play. Plus the POS solution has been a lifesaver at events.

Shopify review by <span>Danielle A.</span>
Danielle A.

"Shopify- The best for events on the go "

What do you like best?

Our fundraising events for our nonprofit, the Young Survival Coalition, are bike rides that span across three days. With this moving event, we have moving merchandise as well and having a laptop accessible at all times is difficult. Shopify has the easiest navigating and helpful app on your phone to make events on the go possible. The app allows us to let riders purchase merchandise wherever we are. We also enjoy how you can add products on-site to the app to then begin to sell. For example, one of our finale days was getting rain and we decided to start selling one of our incentives, the raincoat. Having this feature allowed us to keep track of what was sold as well as take credit cards. We love how you can take a picture of the credit card without always having to have a card swipe.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing at this time we dislike, the application is quick and easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend you use Shopify if you are looking for a great product with a ton of ease. This application is also very easy to teach to others which is essential in a fast paced event world.

As I stated above, we are able to have merchandise on the go with Shopify. Without Shopify, we would not be able to sell our merchandise or even create new merchandise on the spot to sell. We understand how essential it is to be able to provide an easy way for our riders and the public to buy merchandise wherever and whenever.

Shopify review by <span>Taylor O.</span>
Taylor O.

"Gets the job done"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use but i LOVE the fact that it integrates right into my accounting software Account Edge. I can edit and add/delete inventory in account edge as well as have all my web orders go right into my transaction journal for each day. The low inventory notifications are incredibly helpful as well!

What do you dislike?

There is an occasional glitch/hiccup that happens when adding a new item with item variations. Sometimes it will add the item to the website, then once i try to remove the item it will be gone from my inventory list but still appear on our website. I have to call Shopify to have them remove it from our page which is a nuisance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Shopify has a large variety of uses as well as a long list of features. I have only been using it for a little over a year and have recently been doing more research into new-to-me features that our company could utilize and am finding that there is so much more to learn! I am confident that Shopify could meet anyones E-commerce needs.

With our E-Commerce website through Shopify we are able to easily receive funds from foreign parties without the hassle of wire transfers. We are a student exchange company that offers extra curricular trips to tourist locations for our foreign students. Through shopify, the parents are able to purchase these trips easily and quickly.

Shopify review by <span>Sara S.</span>
Sara S.

"Helpful way to Sell products online or in person"

What do you like best?

Easy to follow steps and guides for helping to create a business logo, brainstorm innovative ideas for your newly launched business, work your way into selling products through a webinar and other business models to make it a success

What do you dislike?

Price to use the product and the limited number of plans that you have to pick from when selecting what to choose for your business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try out the trial version first to see if you are interested in the product. They offer it without needing a credit card, so it is completely risk free and offers an opportunity to test the product being committing to it. Although it does come with a cost, it does tell you prices to see if it is within your budget. Prices vary based on number of features you are looking for. If you just need basic shopify material, it is pretty affordable.

Helping to keep the business products in all one website and connect it to the main business site very easily.

Shopify review by <span>Yemin K.</span>
Yemin K.

"Great service but you need to be careful"

What do you like best?

1. Easy to use and hassle free. Analytics is super helpful.

2. There are some learning curves but it is easy to get accustomed.

Shopify constantly add up new features like social network integrations, new sales channels, added security and so on.

3. A lot of Apps to try although it is the double-edged sword. It is easy to determine which app you will pick based on a lot of reviews compared to different platforms.

4. Their default payment system - Stripe is very easy to set up. PayPal and Amazon Payment integrations are also very easy to set up.

5. Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram shopping integration is awesome. It is really helpful either send more customers to your website or real sales on those platforms.

6. Amazon and eBay integrations are not that great but worth to try.

What do you dislike?

Apps, Apps, Apps. If you want to add up some features that means you have to pay extra money and also you might need to sacrifice your site's speed because of the added codes from Apps. Not every App but some Apps will definitely drag your site's speed. Uninstalling Apps are easy but there might be some residues from uninstalled Apps. That is annoying sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Shopify is very easy to use and setup. It will save your time and money.

We saved a lot of time and money to build our own website. Most importantly we can be assured by the stable service.

Shopify review by <span>Kenzie C.</span>
Kenzie C.

"Shopy is leader in ecommerce"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and hassle free. Great features built in.

Shopify competes mainly with BigCommerce and Volusion – all three of which provide turn-key eCommerce solutions, which in turn compete with non-turnkey solutions (like setting up your own store with WordPress).

Shopify also has a “Buy button” functionality that allows you to use Shopify as Point of Sale (POS) / Inventory option – and let customers click to buy your products anywhere online (Pinterest, Facebook, WordPress blog, Tumblr, etc). You can get the Buy button only as part of the Lite Plan, but it competes with PayPal rather than full online store options. It also excels at marketing.If you’re looking for an all-in-one platform that does good marketing for SEO, AdWords, and anything else up your sleeve – Shopify is a great choice in my experience.

What do you dislike?

A bit pricey and targets fast growth. Has some analytic issues. They don’t allow “root” or FTP access, as an SEO consultant. It was expensive but they have recently adjusted their pricing. Platform transaction fees, add-on fees and credit card fees. Have to hack around for customization - a bit of a con to have to become familiar with Liquid to tweak my store’s theme.Shopify comes with built-in blogging software…but it’s not the greatest – especially if you are spoiled for WordPress. It gets the job done, and it’s better than it’s competitor’s options, but is definitely something I’d love to see improved upon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend using Shopify If you are expecting quick growth.

One stop shop online store/new customers

Shopify review by <span>Caitlin M.</span>
Caitlin M.

"Great platform for ecommerce"

What do you like best?

Shopify is an easy to use platform for ecommerce stores and provides the ability to scale your business without changing platforms. The prebuilt templates are easy to customize and Shopify itself is built with SEO in mind.

What do you dislike?

Shopify makes it easy to connect with a lot of different apps, but it is not quite as easy to add custom functionality to specific pages as Wordpress. This isn't really a draw back as you can have part of your site powered by Wordpress and the Ecommerce piece powered by Shopify.

Recommendations to others considering the product

From everything from dropshippers to companies with their own products, Shopify offers a complete ecommerce system to fit your needs. Shopify also syncs with Facebook and Pinterest to seamlessly list your products and though it does cost money each month, it truly is a solution that can transform your business.

Shopify makes it easy and intuitive for all dreamers to create their own ecommerce store.

Shopify review by <span>Danny-J J.</span>
Danny-J J.

"Easiest way to set up ecommerce"

What do you like best?

I love all the templates to make design a non issue.

I have had to pay so much money in the past to hire designers, etc.

I'm not super tech savvy and setting up a store is so simple

Their support is beyond top notch and the fact that I don't a separate cart is helpful.

It integrates with my email systems and everything is really simple.

Lots of cool apps and ways to make selling actually easier

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure there is much I dislike. I guess if anything I wish there were better reports to see profits, etc. but maybe there is if I pay more for that function. Right now I'm only using the $29 plan.

I'm not really sure the benefits of the $79 plan but Im not fully focused on marketing my products at the moment so I want to make sure that I even make that much per month back

Right now the lower priced seems sufficient

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm not sure there is anything out there that is easier or has the support that shopify does.

I was able to basically have my hand held and learn a lot more fro the guys/gals working there too

I am able to have physical products sold in my business that are easy to find, search and look professional.

This is another avenue of marketing for me, for my customers to be able to purchase branded content and wear it.

Shopify review by <span>Ashley M.</span>
Ashley M.

"Great monthly alternative to selling products. "

What do you like best?

easy to use, good FAQ section to figure it out, easy to shop and sell with. This is a great alternative to other sites that you may use that take a percentage of every sale. This site has you pay monthly instead. But if you do not sell anything you are still paying monthly.

What do you dislike?

cost, its something else that cuts into your profit. it goes from 29$, 30 really with tax and up to almost 300$ a month to use shopify. Steep. But it may be better than other selling sites that take a percentage. Depends on how much you sell. This site is not for beginner sellers. This is for those who are good at SEO, marketing, etc because of the monthly price.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you know how to sell and how to market and have good SEO. Because this is a monthly payment commitment instead of a percentage and can be expensive if you do not sell things.

I like that you can pay monthly instead of the site getting a cut of every sale. If you sell a lot of products and are successful then this is a better option because you can pay between 29-299 a month to sell instead of using a percentage. You deff. want to be established and good at marketing when you use this site. If you are beginner the price may be hard to survive with.

Shopify review by <span>Gabriel D.</span>
Gabriel D.

"Good and proven e-commerce engine"

What do you like best?

I can say that it's a pleasure to work with Shopify! There is nothing superfluous in the interface, everything is in place. A set of basic functionality is sufficient to successfully create and launch your online store. And a lot of free and paid apps can expand the functionality to such a state that you do not need to do anything in order to keep customers and receive repeated orders.

What do you dislike?

Oh, the most important disadvantage is the price. You need to purchase the most expensive package in order to fully experience all the advantages that the Shopify gives. In addition, some very useful apps are unreasonably expensive when you are at that stage of development that you can not afford to buy them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You need to try the trial in any case and decide for yourself whether it will suit you to pay such a price for what you want to get with this engine.

With the help of Shopify I launched a souvenir shop for our customers. We sell both our own attributes and the attributes of the companies that we support.

Shopify review by <span>Adrienne M.</span>
Adrienne M.

"Great platform"

What do you like best?

I knew nothing about building an e-commerce website before signing up with Shopify. It was very easy to get up and running. What I didn't know, I could hire one of their experts to do for me. The thing that I like most is the apps. Some are free. Just because they're free doesn't mean they're garbage either. There have been very few that I haven't liked. Some apps are paid. Many of those offer free services, and then become paid for extra service or larger quantities. This gives you an opportunity keep expenses down when first starting out. Many also have free trial periods so you can try them out before you start paying.

What do you dislike?

Three things:

1) I don't like the fact that because I pay for the basic plan, I can't pull in depth reports. Some of the reports that I can't get are very basic (like customer info). It's a horrible way to try to get customers to upgrade... and hasn't worked on me. I export what I can to Excel and create reports manually... kind of a pain but a decent workaround.

2) I don't like the support system. It's sometimes difficult to get a quick answer to a question if it's not in the help database. It needs to be expanded a bit.

3) I don't really like the blogging feature. There is little flexibility with formatting. I find myself copying and pasting from one blog post to the next so that I can keep things uniform. I wish there was a way to create my own personalized styles.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get help with what you don't know how to do if you want to get up and running fast.

Ease of use, quick setup, product sourcing, print on demand, lots of choices

Shopify review by <span>Gianluca O.</span>
Gianluca O.

"Shopify is a good platform to sell online"

What do you like best?

I use Shopify for my store, to sell my creations, and occasionally as a consultant for other Shopify users. It's a secure Platform where your costumers can buy your products. It have all the features you can look for in a store managing Platform. Also Shopify allows you to create Landing page that you can use in your marketing campaigns. Also the design part and the integration with other apps is really helpful.

What do you dislike?

I think that Shopify can appear a little expensive, especially for small business that do not have many money to invest. The interface can be updated and the can improve it to be more helpful, fasten the Learning curve. So you have to work a bit more on it, even on the first setup.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for an all in one solution for your commerce so Shopify will be a good Platform. But keep in mind that you have to know a bit about technical aspect and you have to take your time to use it at the best.

I use Shopify to sell my artistic productions. And I've to say that this a good all in one ecommerce solution. But it fit great to me because I have a little knowledge on coding, design and marketing. I do not know if for a novice can be a good Platform.

Shopify review by <span>Mohit S.</span>
Mohit S.

"All-in-one e-commerce solution"

What do you like best?

There are many options now a days to run an online store, but shopify is the one I've used several times because of its all-in-one solution. Shopify is not just an ecommerce store but a complete solution that allow you to build your own online store and sell products. You can organize your products in your online store, customize them and provide all e-payment solutions. This is one of the best feature of shopify as most the the online e-commerce solution doesn't provide the payment services and you have to integrate the payment service from other vendors but with shopify you don't have to worry about all these things. Shopify is like a plug and play solution that allow you to open your own online store in just a few hours and you can start selling your products. Since the payment services are also provided by shopify, there transcations fees is also very nominal. Some of the features I like are:

1.) Security

2.)Marketting

3.)Great customer support

4.)Many useful features

5.) Lots of useful addons

6.) Customizable design

What do you dislike?

Although, I don't see many cons of using shopify but, initial setup is one of tricky thing in shopify. For some people who are not familiar with system setup and all, this task might become challenging and time consuming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend shopify to people who are planning to start there online stores.

I am using it to run several online stores.

Shopify review by <span>Rahil M.</span>
Rahil M.

"Shopify- A dream come true for the common business people."

What do you like best?

As already mentioned above in the title , its like a dream come true for small small vendors and some people who want to make their local store into the huge platform store online . It s a perfect start for someone who is interested in starting his/her own business whether it be of any category shopify will get your work done by creatigng your own store online , which would eventually help you to have contacts with other small stores and if your work is great , it will also be a great opportunity to get known amongst some major companies.The thing which i like most about shopify is its ease of use and the user interface is a complete plus point for those who don't know anything about the coding or programming as the shopify will create it for them.The pricing is great for a basic plan of 29$. It will help you to set up most of the things in these package.

What do you dislike?

See i already mentioned the pricing point but its like a pro and a con too. For advanced shopify , you need to invest a healthy amount of 299$ / month and that is expensive.SO these could be a major thing to be look upon the developers.

ANother thing which i would like to be added is the multi language support. Yes these feature is not the standard supported but yes the templates come in the other languages but than , its not an supported standard feature included.

There is no freedom in choosing the url structure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend it but just for the basic or the medium package which would cost you around 29 to 79$ / month as the features included are enough for you and your business to grow. The interface is amazing . Web hosting is supported.The designs available are just amazing, there are a lot of themes which you can choose from.All in all a great package for your business to take a initial growth.Cheers.

Yes, i would definitely say that there are many things which helped in building my business of Fashion and apparel . I have now more contacts online with other stores across the country and it made me feel more superior and also my business is now at its high time all because of shopify.

Shopify review by <span>Alex C.</span>
Alex C.

"User friendly platform with basic analytics"

What do you like best?

I began using Shopify in June 2017 and found it incredibly user-friendly and easy to navigate. Installing plug-ins was simple and the dashboard is pretty straightforward. The dashboard actually reminds me a lot of the WordPress dashboard, so if you use WordPress you'll probably find Shopify easy to use as well.

What do you dislike?

Functionality is limited with respect to different coupon options. For example, as far as I know, you can't create a coupon along the lines of "buy product x and receive product y for free + free shipping".

Shopify has been great for creating basic coupons that we use on social media and can easily track the results. They also provide advice, statistics, and basic analytics. The benefit of getting certain statistics like "64% of people who bought product x also bought product y" without having to hunt for them means we can come up with bundle deals and better offers faster.

Shopify review by <span>Ash P.</span>
Ash P.

"Good for quick deployment, not great for heavy customisation"

What do you like best?

Easy to use intuitive admin area, no need for separate hosting, free SSL. Great for quick deployments where an existing theme ticks most of your boxes in terms of functionality. Great analytics, multi-channel selling (web, social media etc)

What do you dislike?

The need to install paid apps for expected core functionality, such as access management. Customisation limitations, the apps add CSS and javascript that can't be modified since it is served from Shopify's CDN, Shopify's native pagination breaks if you hide certain products (very annoying). You don't have full control over the server-side action, Shopify's proprietary Liquid code language is easy to use but does not allow direct DB access, only defined objects can be used, unlike PHP for example, which can interact directly with MySQL or equivalent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommended for quick deployments where little theme customisation is required, if you require heavy customisation (i.e. non-native functionality) then carefully consider the alternatives. Shopify uses a proprietary code language which is pretty easy to understand along with Javascript for some functionality. That being said there are some drawbacks, no control of the URL structure with regards to collections/pages/etc, buggy pagination if you want to hide *some* products, the need for paid apps for various types of functionality such as access management (no native ability to lock down sections of the site to not logged in users etc). Due to the above factors our implementation timeline was much greater than anticipated and our estimated ROI much greater than expected due to a lot of in-house learning/development time.

eCommerce platform for sales and additional pages/sections for marketing/company information. Probably not the best platform for our needs but it was already partially implemented when I started at the company. If I was to re-do the project I would use either WordPress & wooCommerce or Magento. We have heavily customised the Shopify theme that we began with and the need to pay for an app for functionality that you would expect to be core to the product has put me off. That being said if you need something that can be up and running in a very short timeframe (4-6 weeks) then Shopify is for you, otherwise, research the alternatives.

Shopify review by <span>Tytus W.</span>
Tytus W.

"Well designed and easy to use"

What do you like best?

So easy to product creation and editing. Shopify's perfect e-commerce tools can make your online store ready to compete with anything in other web sites., There is no need to work with templates and plugins, you can easily start working with Shopify even in one day.

What do you dislike?

There are some things that if they bring it to interface or do some improvements Shopify would be greater one. For example, "view counts" option will be perfect. More flexibility and customizations would be nice. And price is little bit higher from its other competitors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Though we are still implementing Shopify, I mean we are using it about 9-10 months, but I can say that It is so reliable and perfect online service for e-commerce. Recommended.

Shopify is a type of program that suits so perfectly for medium and small sized comoanies. And as profit company we also currently using Shopify create and manage our online site for shopping. It is so useful for us.

Shopify review by <span>PURVANG T.</span>
PURVANG T.

"The Best E-Commerce solution Online."

What do you like best?

I just loved the way they have the customize templates. I mean we all actually don't require any programming knowledge everything is just great there. The user interface is just amazing . It is simple yet most useful.And also the cost of hiring any third party vendors or anything is totally saved.It is fast. Everything is just so buttery smooth.It will allow the user to open an online store for their products to sold or anything and as an Entrepreneur it is just something that he/she wants.They have an amazing customer service as they can be contacted on the social media platform and also in case if we are not able to get in touch with them, we can by just dialing there respective country zone number(provided only for four countries) and i think it is great feature.The SEO is just amazing i mean they have functions to improve the positioning.It's completely hosted i mean you don't require a single bit of knowledge about hosting and server and stuff , they have got your back in every situation.

What do you dislike?

See one thing which i liked and disliked both is the price.. Though the payment plans are o that expensive but they are on higher note compare to other platforms.I mean they charge upto 299$ for the business advanced features and that is a quite high amount but at the end you can be just sailing through 29$ for the basic package.One thing which crosses my mind is the taxation issue and these also a con added to the pricing . Already you are charging and on top of that there is this tax feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend you this software as it easies most of the things require to meet in setting up an online store. It would surely meet your expectations , just in case if you don,t want to spend much, start with the basic package.

All in all a great software to flow with . As i have a small business of Apparel and fashion it helped with the online store and website templates which are readily available also helped me as i was not having the knowledge of coding for it.

Shopify review by <span>Alvaro I.</span>
Alvaro I.

"Shopify Partner"

What do you like best?

- Response time

- Easy to costumize

- If you are a developer you can do everything you want,

What do you dislike?

The ability to modify the checkout (normally you won't need to do this) without plus.

Empower people to sell their products online. Super easy to manage. Support is awesome and the uptime is incredible as well. One of my clients when we switched to Shopify started sell in one day (Black Friday) the same amount they sell year before the switch, only because the platform scale by it self and doesn't need any developer/administrator to manage this. That and the fact that you have a full dashboard with the metrics of your store, make really easy to understand your customers and help you to make changes that will transform your conversions.

Shopify review by <span>Jason F.</span>
Jason F.

"We love shopify, works great with all of our integrations including Fishbowl Inventory."

What do you like best?

Integrates with Fishbowl Inventory very well, and it integrates with Shipstation if needed. Although we just integrated Shipstation and shopify to Fishbowl. Shopify is simple to use, the Point Of Sale is so simple even a teenager couldn't mess things up. The interface is easy to navigate, and the pricing is simple and straight forward. And the one time we had some issues the customer support was superb!

What do you dislike?

There's not much to put here to be honest, the only issue we ever had was we wanted to create multiple carts to have one for testing, and we had a hard time doing that until we contacted support. They immediately gave us a developer account (almost full capability) and we did test orders without skewing the sales data of our real store.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't try anything else, unless you have a need for ultimate customization. Shopify is simple and does the job of web sales, manual sale creation, and Point Of Sale. There is little in the way of pricing rules, and customization. For those you would need either WooCommerce, or Magento, NOT MAGENTO 2.

Website sales management, mobile Point Of Sale, Customer Management. Integrated payment solutions. Easy setup, easy reporting and sales data. The dashboard and email settings are easy to set up and manage. And you can give your other users/IT company limited access when needed.

Shopify review by <span>Lee W.</span>
Lee W.

"The platform approach, with an app ecosystem, is pretty compelling"

What do you like best?

The large number of apps provide helpful additional functionality. Our monthly fee for apps is 3 - 4x what we pay every for the platform.

What do you dislike?

The oddest thing is that you have to pay for one of their higher tiers in order to get useful stats. Obviously the data is there, so their marginal cost is essentially zero. I have no idea why the try to price discriminate on this feature since those insights would help small shops grow, and Shopify would make more money in the process.

There are some features that, when you scan the forums, have been requested and consistently ignored for years. Never a good sign.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand that the lowest tier probably won't meet your needs for long, and that you'll send up spending 2 - 4X as much on apps.

Helps me make money online. Moved from Big Cartel, which was pretty limited. One of the major limitations is that they didn't allow you to install the FB tracking pixel that allows you tie a FB ad to a purchase.

Shopify review by <span>Babis D.</span>
Babis D.

"Love the use of Shopify to make an e-shop!"

What do you like best?

Love how easy it is to set up an e-shop nowadays with shopify!

Also, it is so easy to become a dropshipper using it. You are just a middleman between the customer and the vendor from china to make the customer purchase the needed item.

The best thing about Shopify is that it’s made me not have to worry about anything that has to do with the e-commerce portion of my business

Over 100 beautiful, professional looking, mobile ready storefront themes

Shopify offers you over 100 beautiful and professional templates (themes), so your online shop can look great. If you have an online shop, your shop has to look good. Why? It builds credibility and trust right off the bat. It’s the same idea as a brick and mortar store – it has to look clean and professional to encourage visitors to stay and have a look around.

Shopify provides you with a Theme Store where you can pick and choose from their collection of premium themes (either free or paid) across different industries (clothing, jewelry, furniture, art, etc), so you can dress up your website accordingly. One thing we appreciate is that Shopify invites professional theme designers to create themes for Shopify. These themes are quality-checked by Shopify, so they are fully compatible with Shopify. This allows you to choose from a broad range of professional designs so your website will look good.

What do you dislike?

Only the pricing a little bit high and Shopify charges a transaction fee for every sale

Recommendations to others considering the product

I made a shopify e-shop to start selling car accessories. I will import any kind of car accessory that is available and make it available to worldwide .

Shopify review by <span>Aleyna R.</span>
Aleyna R.

"It does the job."

What do you like best?

I like how it easy it is to create an online store with minimun knowledge of programming. Even if you are using a free template, yo have several options of adaptation for your needs. It comes with Paypal payments wich is always a plus, and also accepts credit cards from all over the world. I manage a few stores in Mexico and works great for me.

What do you dislike?

I wish to have more free templates options. Since is really easy to use, sometimes I get kind of short on things that I want to change without having to access to the code itself, wich is another problem for me. Work with Liquify it's not easy. It takes a lot of time to get something and even more time later to change a feature from the code itselft. Also, the managing of HTML and CSS code is very poor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a minute to learn Liquify if you can, it helps a lot to create the store just the way you would like to. Also, take a chance to use the many options available. Theres a forum that can help you a lot if you want something pretty specific. Some things might seem impossible, but they are actually not!

The best part of Shopify it's that you have your online store in record time and that always helps when your costumer wants to see it's store online and working for... yesterday. If you put some effort to it and invest some time, things could get really good with it.

Shopify review by <span>Nathan R.</span>
Nathan R.

"A smart and simple to use- full featured shop"

What do you like best?

There is just no other way to have an online store so robust and yet so simple.

They have done things right and it is very simple to use them, plus it integrates with so many things I have yet to go over all of them.

What do you dislike?

The pricing, I think that having a "rent" is more "expensive" to stores that are just starting out (there is very little options around this though) I think they could start charging a "per sale" percentage to business that are starting up and allowing for more growth.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the shop to use, make sure you add information to all your products. The more the better

Having and online store that is simple to setup (as it is setup takes a long time) so not having a complex setup is awesome

Shopify review by <span>Haresh S.</span>
Haresh S.

"Best E-commerce portal out there"

What do you like best?

The amazing thing which i surely like about it is the innate ability or options to customize the Themes and template,me being an web developer gives me lot of ways i could modify and also they have their own language called liquid where i could innovate and also mobileready storefront themes are fabulous

What do you dislike?

When i integrate apps or external parties,it charges transaction costs and also the service charge are too much and also i feel they should add more customizable templates for sport related webpages

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it

I was able to track my sales and total profit trade margins with that and also the benefits have been increasing rapidly over a period of time and it gives me daily newsletter of my progress along with the total POS system benefits and also it gives me analytic tools to track always and also maintain the business under control

Shopify review by <span>Sahil J.</span>
Sahil J.

"A cool ecoomerce solution for your business needs"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Shopify platform is that you can sell it technically anywhere. You can sell on your social accounts using shopify, or on your website, or on your mobile app. You can reach out to your customers no matter what device they are using and shopify is able to handle everything like managing your inventory, smart collections, shipping, payments, etc.

What do you dislike?

Shopify platform does not have more community support when it comes to customizing a store. For running a multi store environment, there are many and many things to take care of - which are easy in other ecommerce platforms. If you use more and more plugins, then the overall monthly charge increases for maintaining your store. There are less plugins and themes compared to other ecommerce stores.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a ecommerce platform where you want to focus more on selling your products rather than managing every component of an ecommerce platform by your team, then shopify is the right solution for you. With shopify you can not only build your store and sell goods, but you can also create content pages for your store such as About us, contact page and you can even write a blog which helps you to keep engaging your users.

Shopify helps to easily add products in collections using the smart collections which makes it easy for us to focus more on exisitng products and new products. While adding a product, we add a tag to it so the product automatically goes inside a collection which has a particular tag associated with it. We are able to focus more on business rather than focusing on customer payment issues and other related issues. We are able to sell more goods to our customers by different mediums such as social media, online and on app.

Shopify review by <span>Logan D.</span>
Logan D.

"Shopify is the best out there"

What do you like best?

We've tried most e-commerce shopping cart solutions and found Shopify to be the best. It's simple to get started for as little as $29/mo. There's plenty of help available along the way. Support for platform integrations and 3rd party applications is unparalleled. Shopify is constantly listening to feedback and making improvements.

What do you dislike?

If you use a payment processor other than Shopify Payments, Shopify takes up to 2% of your sales, depending on your service tier. Features such as gift cards or abandoned cart emails require an upgrade to more expensive plans.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Most e-commerce shopping cart software companies offer a free trial period. Take advantage of those & try out a few. What works for one company may not work for you.

Shopify helped us get our own e-commerce website up and running very quickly. It makes managing products and fulfilling orders easy.

Shopify review by <span>Chris K.</span>
Chris K.

"Very intuitive, great customer service"

What do you like best?

Most everything in the Shopify interface was intuitive and easy to self-manage, but when I've had questions or ran into problems beyond my understanding, I've had incredible service from the chat and phone service options.

What do you dislike?

Limited number of staff accounts can limit the number of users who have access to reporting and order information. We've been creative with work-arounds (generic staff accounts), but it would be nice to see them eliminate the "maximums" they've built in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep in mind the number of staff accounts can be limited, but overall, the product is easy to set-up and to administer. We hired an outside firm to help implement the launch, but part of the launch implementation was training on 3rd party apps and baked-in functionality.

ecommerce. Our company was on Magento before, it was a nightmare to self-manage; Shopify has been incredibly easy.

Shopify review by <span>Allie Y.</span>
Allie Y.

"Easy to use, Great customer service"

What do you like best?

I only use the buy now button within Shopify and it was super easy to set up. I liked that I was able to use the trail to determine if it would work and I was impressed with the amount of APIs offered. I didn't use any integrations, but I thought some of them looked really neat.

What do you dislike?

I would love more options for the buy now, specifically the option to add a scheduler for it, as I sell services rather than products. I would also like more customization options as far as how the buy now button appears and looks within my website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I enjoy what I use Shopify for, but my shop is extremely simple.

A way to schedule several mini sessions at once. It has made it easier for people to just buy right on the spot rather than having to wait for us to get back to them - which makes scheduling awesome. However, I would love to see the ability a little further realized.

Shopify review by <span>Tamanna M.</span>
Tamanna M.

"Go Online With Shopify"

What do you like best?

The best thing like if you are not a software developer you can easily create a online store using Shopify and and you can manage it also easily.Considering pricing side it is very convenience it manage all the server cost and managing cost with the subscription plan only.It is not a open source platform.They are providing you a very light website so you can access it any where with faster speed.It is a software as a serviced based platform where they don's share their code base so it is very secure ti go with.It provides lots of payment option which is very good to make more client.It provides good app store option also which have lot of third party app we can use it to add lot of functionality to your website.You can add live chat box feature also which i feel good for a website.Good customer support.

What do you dislike?

The third party apps are quite costly and little messy also.Content and Themes are very limited they can work on that.A very huge transaction fees while paying the subscription. Less self customizing feature to make your website unique look. Monthly payment for some add up feature is quite disappointing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes i will strongly recommend those who all thinking for start up business to ,Because here it is easy to create a website and manage also and pricing wise also good considering from security prospective.

we are using to to make eCommerce website to do good business across the globe in a effective way to make more profit for the organisation.

Shopify review by <span>Rebecca H.</span>
Rebecca H.

"Easy E-Commerce"

What do you like best?

This platform is very easy to use. It's intuitive and easy to navigate your way around, even the first time you log on. It's very easy to customize your system and make the program work for you and your business. It's easy to change things that need to be quickly reflected on your website, like prices and descriptions.

What do you dislike?

Some of the printing options are quite wasteful of paper, I wish you could change font sizes on invoices and things like that. It's not 100% able to be customized, and some things look pretty "basic".

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a simple solution for your business that every employee can use, this is your product. The training time is minimal, you can set different access levels for employees.

The ease of tracking orders and the ability to have the program generate an invoice is extremely convenient. The ability to capture an order and payment by phone using the system from the back end is helpful for our business because people call in and place online orders.

Shopify review by <span>Ashley B.</span>
Ashley B.

"Great for a basic DIY or if you have a developer"

What do you like best?

The ability to quickly change copy and automate collections based on keywords. You can also create a more customized experience, but this will require working developer knowledge. Easy order management system.

What do you dislike?

Manipulating the style elements of the online storefront is not as easy without developer knowledge, especially adding elements to special pages (such as content pages with specific products or categories highlighted). Instead of adding the images directly onto the Online Store template (where you would update copy or homepage images), you need to upload images to the assets and tag them appropriately. The Assets page is difficult to find at first, and if the name isn't perfect it won't populate on the content page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know your developer limitations, and have realistic expectations of what you want your site to look like within those limitations.

Clean and stylized site where orders can be tracked easily.

Shopify review by <span>Saniya R.</span>
Saniya R.

"Little investment, more money"

What do you like best?

Shopify is a virtual online store which can be used as an alternative to a physical store. Easy to create and set up and even more easy to run and operate the business with Shopify. Shopify has a great customer support team. And all my customer support experiences with Shopify have been really fast, correct, and helpful – from both a developer and store owner perspective.

What do you dislike?

Shopify isn't exactly the cheapest option in the market when it comes to online store. The packages are quite expensive and even the 14 day free trial version is less time becaus ewe can't learn everything in just 14 days of operation

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes. People who want to earn more than their current level of income, I would for sure recommend this product to them. With little attention and less investment you can earn a lot more than you think. Shopify can help you earn more

I don't have any physical presence in the market but I, however, do run a store online via Shopify. Shopify has helped me bring more income for myself. The costs of running this business online are next to nothing and everything is done online. Inventory is managed itself by this software and even my payments are received securely without any hassle. If I say the store runs itself, I wouldn't be wrong.

Shopify review by <span>Nameer M.</span>
Nameer M.

"Easy money"

What do you like best?

Using Shopify is very easy and straightforward. Pick a shopping plan, choose your domain name, customize your store, add products and start selling! Shopify is extremely fast and completely secure for online payments. I’ve never witnessed or heard any complaints of this website crashing because of a high influx of users or the website being down for maintenance. The customer support is even great and is highly trained. They are ready to help always if the problem doesn’t get solved by the FAQs.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like the pricing of this software. Shopify charges various pricing schemes through which it gets a bit expensive to sell on Shopify. The monthly pricing, transaction fees, credit card fees, currency conversion fees and a few add on fees. This comes out a lot in the end and can be costly for the buyer or/ and seller.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, I would recommend this to everyone. Best for expansion of your business and also earning a bit more.

Having a small side business just for extra income helps a lot in managing your expenses. I have a small store where I mostly cater to the local people in my town. Having an online store on Shopify has brought me a bit more income and as all of this is online, I don’t have to give a lot of attention to it too. My inventory is well managed, payments are received securely and also my customers are growing. Clearly this is quite beneficial for the expansion of my business

Shopify review by <span>Minski H.</span>
Minski H.

"Shopify Makes Running My Business Online Easy"

What do you like best?

Shopify is user friendly and makes posting products online easy. You can create a slick, professional homepage with content in less than an hour. They have different layouts for different business types for your consideration. Customization help make the store unique and more efficient. Getting the products up is easy and there's minimal to no coding involved in it. The ordering and shipping process makes getting purchases to customers fast and easy. Shopify takes care of taxes and sends buyers all pertinent notifications after payment.

What do you dislike?

When I encounter a problem, I have took look through the help section, which can take some time. It's a good learning experience though, but when you need a quick resolution, hunting for an answer can be a drag. Customer service is great, but explaining the problem sufficiently can be difficult if you're new to Shopify.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great place to start getting your products and business name online.

Getting an online presence for my business. The company is established as a brick and mortar store, and getting online opened up a new stream of revenue for us. We get customers from all over the USA, and that helps create brand name recognition for the products we sell with our brand. It also gives us a new way to get repeat business and build customer loyalty. A lot of people are looking for our products and services, and they're finally in reach of them.

Shopify review by <span>Kamran B.</span>
Kamran B.

"Earn money with No investment"

What do you like best?

Shopify surely helps in earning more. Who doesn’t want to do that? The website is extremely easy to use and within minutes you can create your own online store and start selling. The support team is extremely helpful and can help you in whatever way possible 24/7. I really like Shopify’s payments feature. This method is the most straight forward is to use the Shopify payments, Shopify’s built in payment system. And don’t worry, Shopify has one of the best security systems in place for payments online

What do you dislike?

The most basic plan cost $9 per month and this plan doesn’t include a lot of things one would want for his store. Gift Cards for example are unlocked when you buy the third plan for $79 a month. The pricing system is a bit unfair and as we can’t do much in the basic feature, we have to upgrade it for more reporting, analysis and features

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this to people who want to earn a bit on the side with low investment

I use Shopify to sell my products online. Running a car accessories business physically, an online store was a new concept for me and although reluctant at start, I have now been able to successfully enjoy all the perks of this software. My sales have increased and I can earn a lot more now thanks to Shopify. The analysis feature helps a lot in marketing my product to the right market further bringing in more income for me.

Shopify review by <span>Lakhan M.</span>
Lakhan M.

"Earn extra money"

What do you like best?

The fact that I am earning money without any investment AT ALL. Online stores can be created for free and you can edit your store according to your wish. Themes are available for you to choose and even the design of the software is quite attractive. Shopify has a highly trained team working in the back solving any issues faced by customers or store owners. Security is also top notch as financial transactions even take place and there is a lot of trust among the users of this application

What do you dislike?

Even though there are a few themes to choose from, there still is a limit to the choices we have for our store. Along with this, the pricing of this software is also a bit high if we upgrade our package with the lowest starting from $29. The biggest drawback of this software is the fact that when we decide to switch to a competitor or launch your own online website, nothing gets removed from your Shopify account. So we either keep the store open or delete the entire store

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes recommended IF you are interested in earning more.

I have started earning a bit more through this software. It has only been 8 months since I've started using this and even though there is a small increase in my earnings, there still is. I can sell my car accessories products online through my online Shopify store. Payments can be made via a credit card and my inventory is even kept in check

Shopify review by <span>Danielle M.</span>
Danielle M.

"Great online retail solution for small businesses"

What do you like best?

I like the look of the site. The features are great once you figure out how to use them. There is a lot you can do with this software from very basic to complex stores.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve. Challenging to learn how to use all of the features. Not as intuitive as I would like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Coming from someone who is new to online retail and does not do it full time....Give it a try. If you are just starting our or a small/medium business looking for an online retail solution, this is definitely the place to start, and most likely stay. Be ready for an extensive set-up but once the items are all uploaded, management should be a breeze. There are a few features that are not as intuitive as you would expect but once you overcome those, you'll be good to go.

Needed an online solution for retail sales. Once getting it set up, it takes care of itself. It even integrated with our CRM which is a HUGE plus for us. No need to get client credit card info in two different databases.

Shopify review by <span>Daniella C.</span>
Daniella C.

"Shopify is amazing"

What do you like best?

I can't say enough good things about Shopify. It is super easy to use and is very convenient. Our sales have increased since switching to a shopify store. I enjoy the payment and shipping options. It is easy to add and edit products. Clients enjoy the template and the clean lines of our website. It is very important to attract customers this way.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any negative things to say about Shopify. They can always add new templates however.

Recommendations to others considering the product

MAKE THE SWITCH YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED!!!

We resolved constant website crashing and we have never been hacked since we switched to Shopify. Our online sales have improved by 100% our products are displayed in a very professional manner using Shopify templates.

Shopify review by <span>Shehroz H.</span>
Shehroz H.

"Where were you all my life"

What do you like best?

Earning. Through this software, I am able to earn extra. Having an online presence itself brings professionalism and trust among your customers. Shopify is able to manage your entire business. From managing inventory to collecting payments. Plus, you can have help from the Shopify technical team if faced with any difficulties

What do you dislike?

Themes are a bit limited and this may make your online store a bit unprofessional. I have even faced problems while using Shopify on my mobile phone as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

YES. This application is made for people who run small and medium enterprises. Website is easy to use and you can earn extra just by creating your store online

I currently serve as a senior accountant in my family-run pharmacy store. We only have limited sales and not a major presence. Recently, I started expanding my business and this is when I came across Shopify. I added my products online and started selling. Since then I have seen a rise in my store's popularity across different social media applications and also a rise in sales. People now trust my medicines and products I sell. I am even able to sell online with more and more outreach possible

Shopify review by <span>Yusra K.</span>
Yusra K.

"The best e-commerce platform to earn easy money"

What do you like best?

Undoubtedly, Shopify is one of the leaders in the professional e-commerce space. You can create your own online store at Shopify that too for free! Add your products, give discounts, get an analysis for your sales and measure your success. When we sign up, we have dozens of themes to choose from which goes with the product. The entire software is an attractive choice for small scale and home-based businesses who have just started out. I was really impressed with the analytics and analysis of the software for our business. We can determine the success of our business with the recent trend happening in our sales and profitability.

What do you dislike?

It took me a bit of time to understand the signing up process. Even though the software helps in how to progress further, the signing up feature takes time. Of course, you can skip it as well but I would not recommend that. Only a few extra minutes of learning will surely help you in improving your business online.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this application to people who have just started out their business and are looking to earn extra cash

Since I joined Shopify, I have surely seen a rise in my income. I have more online presence with an increasing customer base. I can sell my products easily without any hassle. The return I am getting from just a small investment in this portal, this is just astonishing. As everything is online, I don't have to give this business a lot of attention as I know it still keeps on running without my intervention

Shopify review by <span>Daniyal K.</span>
Daniyal K.

"Easy way to earn extra income"

What do you like best?

Shopify is one of the best websites I've ever come across. The website is specifically for people like me who would like to earn a little extra on the side by doing a small scale business of their own. The website is extremely user friendly, the security is of the highest level and the technical support from the Shopify team all deserve a 10/10. Shopify even has an additional option of adding discounts to your products and when we sell, the software gives us an analysis of the sales relating to the product.

What do you dislike?

Shopify can get a bit confusing at start but it gets easier to use later on. One problem I faced with this is when I was using Shopify on my Mobile. It requires a strong internet connection without which Shopify won't function properly and effectively.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended for individuals who are interested in earning extra by going that extra mile

I run a small car accessories business on the side. Before Shopify I didn't have any online presence and my customer base was only my friends and relatives. When I entered my store at Shopify, I have actually witnessed a rise in my customers. Products like car air fresheners, wheel caps and car wash liquid products can be available on my Shopify Store through which my customers buy directly. Not just my income, but also my customer connections have increased multiple folds.

Shopify review by <span>Karim K.</span>
Karim K.

"Easy way to earn money with little to no investment"

What do you like best?

I think Shopify is the best option to run your own online store. In today’s world when almost everything is done over the internet, having your store virtually is also on the rise. The best thing about Shopify, in my opinion, is the option to use this software as a Point of Sale and let the customers know from where to buy the products online. Whether being on Facebook, Tumblr or Pinterest. Shopify is completely secure for processing cards. The customer support is brilliant and the website is extremely user friendly.

What do you dislike?

The only problem of using Shopify is the cost involved. In my opinion, the pricing is a bit high but if someone works hard on this platform, these costs will surely recover in no time. Also, there is a problem of closing your account/store. When we shut down our store, the only information we can get about our product will be in the form of a report, hence losing everything else. Along with this, even though the website is extremely user friendly, the initial set up takes a lot of time and dedication.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommended for people who would want to earn money easily without much investment.

Shopify has surely helped me in running my online business. I haven’t earned much yet through this platform because I feel I’m still new to this online realm. My investment in this website or business wasn’t much and the return I’m getting via this website surely makes it beneficial for me to continue working via this platform

Shopify review by <span>Leah J.</span>
Leah J.

"Excellent for analytics, reporting, and insight."

What do you like best?

I primarily use Shopify for data analysis and reporting for retail clients. I find its interface intuitive, and its reporting capabilities to be extensive and useful. It is reliably accurate and provides highly granular data on performance. Additionally, Shopify allows for the passing of UTM parameters, which makes joining it back to marketing efforts a cinch.

What do you dislike?

Initially, my primary complaints about Shopify were in its limited reporting. However, its analytics capabilities have improved in their sophistication - what is measured, how, available metrics / dimensions, etc. I wish its data export function worked in-browser, rather than emailing CSV files to a designated email address.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend Shopify for its reporting, analytics, and data abilities.

Seasonality, ROAS/ROI, commerce behavior, shopping rate abandonment / dropoff in the customer funnel. Additionally using the Shopify data to gain insight into marketing efforts.

Shopify review by <span>Ray P.</span>
Ray P.

"Shopify among the top online shopping carts"

What do you like best?

I love that you can embed buttons on your Wordpress site quickly and easily. The way the embed-button shopping cart overlays your existing site is the best.

What do you dislike?

It seems like if you put too many embed buttons on the same page you start running into problems. So when I wanted a full "store" page, I would need to upgrade to their higher service (I use the $9/month plan).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try using their $9/month service with buy buttons on your own site before using the $30/month option for most small stores. I love it!

We only have a few products to sell, so this works perfectly with the embedded button. For my side project I have too many products to use the $9/month level, so have chosen a different shopping cart until I can afford the higher level.

Shopify review by <span>McKay D.</span>
McKay D.

"Literally everything you need for a store or online store. The website, inventory tracking, tec."

What do you like best?

I just like how it is so complete. It provides everything I need! The website, inventory tracking, payment processing! It works both for online sales and POS and the inventory amounts are all synced. Really high quality as far as I am concerned.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was cheaper for when you don't have very many sales but the price is actually not bad. Not a lot negative to say.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is such a standard and complete software, it is hard to beat. Pay attention to their customer support hours. The reason I chose Shopify is that they have 24/7 report so it works if you are starting it out as a side business. You don't have to take time from your day job for a customer support call.

It makes the website and I always know exactly how much inventory is in stock so people don't buy it if I am out. It basically is the whole business in one little platform.

Shopify review by <span>Michael S.</span>
Michael S.

"Great for dropshipping"

What do you like best?

I like that you can integrate free dropshipping apps to create an online ecommerce store. This is such a good way to add a store to any website. Also, the pricing options are very fair. They have a "lite" plan that allows you to use Shopify on your Wordpress website for less than $10 a month. This is a no brainer for anyone thinking of trying out ecommerce or setting up any sort of online store.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it is still pretty tedious to make changes to the dropshipping apps. It isn't very user friendly and take a steep learning curve to get used to it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think this is currently the best online store software. Their apps that you can integrate, like dropshipping, make it very useful for any business trying to have an online presence.

I am allowing my company to sell legitimate physical products without having to hold any inventory. That is priceless.

Shopify review by <span>Kathryn M.</span>
Kathryn M.

"Great Platform for Newbies & Experts Alike"

What do you like best?

This site is akin to a mentor. For those without previous online shop experience, it makes it easy to create a sleek & professional looking site for customers to engage in your product.

What do you dislike?

An extended trial beyond 14 days would be ideal for users. This would allow more time to see if desirable results are garnered & gage customer interest. Also, the customization options are a tad limited, which is cumbersome when trying to acheive the exact aesthetic needed. Hopefully this improves in the future but the options available are varied and appeal to different audiences.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is worth i to purchase a unique domain name to hekp solidify yoour brand idenity,

I am able to connect with other vendors to source what is needed to create my products. I don't have to hunt for designers, they are readably available. This makes setting up shop a much more tangible task & less of a hurdle to jump.

Shopify review by <span>Nancy M.</span>
Nancy M.

"A great cloud ecommerce solution"

What do you like best?

Shopify is very easy to set up and configure, and you can quickly create a great looking store. The iPhone app is a great add-on and allows you to manage must of the store functionality right in your hand. There is a fairly active user community so it is easy to find answers to questions. The store designs are mobile friendly out of the box and it's quite easy to choose a template then customize it to your own brand.

What do you dislike?

Although there is an add-on for downloadable digital products, the functionality is quite limited (ie resetting downloads, etc.) The support is fairly quick, but quite often their answer is pushing paid apps where there is often a workaround for what you need to do. There is no way to create a sub-menu other than by using their "categories" which isn't quite the same, but again, some acceptable workarounds do exist.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the trial period to set up a test store and make sure you have all the functionality you need, particularly if you are selling digital products.

I run an online store selling downloadable patterns. Shopify allowed me to basically modernize my online presence and makes it easy to manage my store.

Shopify review by <span>Matt C.</span>
Matt C.

"Easy to setup and excellent customer service"

What do you like best?

When needed the Shopify support team is excellent, never had an issue the online chat team couldn't solve.

We're making extensive use of the Shopify api when adding products to the site, api is very easy to use.

If Shopify doesn't do something then there are a number addons you can get via their app store which enable the required functionality.

What do you dislike?

Reporting doesn't quite do what we want, we can get information out of the administrations screens but could do with being able to filter data.

While you can customise the pages using the liquid language, the language could do with a few extra features.

Shopify allowed us to quickly setup an online store to sell specific items, using the api we're able to push product information from our in-house system up to Shopify and get those items available to the public to buy.

Shopify review by <span>Michelle C. S.</span>
Michelle C. S.

"Amazing Platform for E-commerce"

What do you like best?

The best part of Shopify is the ease of use. Easy setup, amazing customer service, and the end result is outstanding.

What do you dislike?

As a whole, I love the ability to ship right from the platform, but it would be nice to be able to split the orders on the same page, instead of having to individually fill them. I also have problems when I have a damaged order and need to resend it, I am forced to go to a shipping app to make a shipping label.

The ease of use of being able to create promotions, sales, manage customer orders is very quick and easy. Not having to hire a web developer is an extreme cost saving.

Shopify review by <span>Dave P.</span>
Dave P.

"The perfect solution to build and launch an online ecommerce store"

What do you like best?

Shopify is the best out of the box solution to quickly launch an ecommerce store. They provide the foundation for your store and have an amazing marketplace of apps to install on top of it in order to meet nearly any ecommerce site need you may have.

What do you dislike?

The worst part about Shopify is its small inventory of available themes to download or purchase. You can customize your themes to try and stand out but otherwise you end up looking like every other ecommerce site out there and I think that can sometimes hurt sales.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have your inventory of products organized and ready to upload.

I'm solving the business problem of having to build and manage my own ecommerce site. I don't need to worry about credit card or paypal integrations because that is worked into the shopify experience for me. The greatest benefit is the full purchasing compliance that every Shopify theme has to avoid legal issues.

Shopify review by <span>Garni G.</span>
Garni G.

"Very easy to use and user-friendly."

What do you like best?

It is very easy to set up and there are many themes available. I can set it up so that it accepts credit card, PayPal, and Amazon payments, among other forms of payment. In addition, you can print out shipping labels at discounted prices (Commercial Base Pricing). It also integrates with many outside software and social media services including Facebook, MailChimp, Instagram, PayPal, and so forth.

What do you dislike?

With Shopify, I cannot purchase additional insurance for any shipments, however, they are working on correcting that issue. In addition, I cannot print out labels through the Shopify iPhone app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great e-commerce platform and they provide outstanding support.

One important benefit that I have realized from working with Shopify is the variety of integrations available. Online sales have increased substantially since switching to Shopify.

Shopify review by <span>Kalina S.</span>
Kalina S.

"A prefect interface for starting up. "

What do you like best?

I created my company over night with no clue as to what I was even doing. All i knew was that I was trying to sell this really neat stuff that I was creating. I started with buy sell trade groups on Facebook that quickly became a disaster. I needed an online shopping cart platform and I needed it ASAP. I did some research on the different options for small businesses. I was just starting up and didn't want to spend a small fortune that I didn't have just yet. I needed somewhere that customers could order online and pay at the same time. Shopify gave me just that, they offered me low rate credit card processing with no monthly minimum and made the sales process seamless.

What do you dislike?

One of the options that drew me to Shopify is that they offered a free trial, I however believe that a 30 day free trial opposed to a 14 day free trial would give the end used more sufficient time to get to know the system and decide if this system is what is going to work for them.

I am making custom orders, I was trying to direct customer to Paypal but heard a lot of excuses as to why people couldn't pay using Paypal and would just pay cash on pickup. Using this interface the customer is required to pay, which creates less flakes and less money lost in supplies that are never picked up and paid for. I have a clean system to keep track of all of my orders.

Shopify review by <span>David A.</span>
David A.

"User Friendly and Growing"

What do you like best?

The best part of the Shopify experience in my opinion is the Shopify support team. Available 24 hours a day these guys are friendly, professional, and always open to feedback.

What do you dislike?

Shopify is more geared toward an online shopping experience. While the POS software for the brick and mortar store is growing it still has a little ways to go.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely Consider Shopify if you are primarily selling online or sell in mobile location (i.e. festivals, fairs, etc..) The ease of setting up an online shop is remarkable. The hardware for selling in a physical location is all bluetooth oriented and is incredibly mobile.

Some of the shortcomings are the return processes and the ability to give and save store credit. We have managed to make this program work for running all of our sales channels but we have had to supplement some of the gaps with our own tools for measuring metrics and KPI's that Shopify does not have.

We manage three brick and mortar stores plus an online store using Shopify. Shopify Admin has great resources for generating reports and managing content.

Shopify review by <span>Hailey D.</span>
Hailey D.

"Quickly Scale Your Business"

What do you like best?

I love that Shopify has allowed us to grow our business from a very small amount of orders per day to over 100 per day easily. We can easily handle large amounts of orders within the system without problems.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that Shopify doesn't allow you to edit an order once it has been placed in case a customer would like to make changes. We often have customers email us after placing an order saying they clicked a wrong button and it would be great to be able to edit their order rather than having to create an exchange for new items.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Shopify makes the complicated process of e-commerce way easier!

I love that we can create invoices for customers and as soon as they pay, their orders are shipped out. This allows us to help customers who would like the added customer service of us creating the order for them.

Shopify review by <span>James F.</span>
James F.

"Best e-commerce software I can used."

What do you like best?

Being able to list on multiple marketplaces and then share the inventory without buying additional software is very helpful. This has allowed us to list our products on eBay, Amazon along with Instagram, Facebook and more. There are loads of additional adding that you can used to make the system fit your particular need.

What do you dislike?

You can't make any custom changes to the checkout process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a basic POS with simple features then use square, but if you are looking for something more and want to list on multiple sites, do drop shipping to other store and also sell through social media then Shopify is best for you.

We sell online and do pop-ups using their POS software. It's great being able to share inventory levels between both our pop-ups and our online business'

Shopify review by <span>Brynn P.</span>
Brynn P.

"Good product for the money"

What do you like best?

It is a good product for the money. I like that they have variety, although they vary in price and obviously the nicer ones are going to cost you more money. Adding products to your inventory is easy, and although set up was a little tricky, I was able to get it how I wanted and appreciate that I had lots of different options available for customization.

What do you dislike?

There are some user performance issues that could be fixed. Customization is not always clear or easy. I had to research a lot of the questions I had because they were not easily answered by using their site. They could definitely benefit from adding for instructional information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Shopify is a much better option than its counterpart squarespace. Also be sure to utilize every aspect it offers. There are many ways it can be of assistance to your business. We already enjoy the customization, ease of use and feedback we have received in comparison to the program we were using previously.

There isn't a whole lot of business problems that have been solved with this product as of yet, since we are a newer company, but I already find it a much better option that what we were using in the past. I look forward to seeing if it continues to be a better fit and stay a better fit for our company.

Shopify review by <span>Evelyn M.</span>
Evelyn M.

"A good value as an online store platform"

What do you like best?

Creating new products for your store is easy. The various templates they have are pretty good. The shops are very customizable and can be adapted to fit your branding. Shopify can also process online payments through credit cards, debit cards and other banking methods.

What do you dislike?

It can be very time-consuming to complete the setup process. When we try to update our store, it sometimes takes a lot of time. They can maybe offer more extensive options for shipping.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Shopify was a great value to get the basic store connected with our website. It is not very difficult to integrate into your page so customers are not taken to a different page.

We were able to set up a quality online store for our products. We have many features that make it easy to update and optimize our store. We were also able to have many features that allow us to manage our store and process our orders easily.

Shopify review by <span>Daniel Ajay A.</span>
Daniel Ajay A.

"One best Solution to start your e-commerce store !!!"

What do you like best?

Shopify is one of the best solutions which will require less coding knowledge to start upon. The best thing in that is that the common user who uses the shop will have a elite touch and feel in the website as these will show that the shopify is a proper e-commerce solution that solves all the customer problems. The ruby on rails and other programming codes are used for the backend. So when it comes for security issues there will be less concerns about the flaws and security breaches that we commonly see in the internet now a days. The themes are appropriate to the people who are mostly using the shop function to come and have a good experience in the e-commerce online store. The heavy competition in the industry will never affect the shopify because of their unique solutions they provide by the addons and apps available in the shopify. The apps will be charged as per the requirement it solves but that is very use full when it comes to customer experience and other constraints. The last but not the least kudos to the team. Hope you have a great success in future.

What do you dislike?

Some options are restricted like the custom product ui and themes can be added more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Shopify is a good solution for starting your e-commerce store online.The options in the shop can be added more like the filters and sort options with different UI.

Created a store for the client and he is super satisfied with the e-commerce solutions that they provide.

Shopify review by <span>Sarah M.</span>
Sarah M.

"A solid choice for simple shopping experiences"

What do you like best?

Once you know the product, you can find lots of capabilities that it can do. There are a lot of templates to choose from, though the ones that are most desirable do cost money. The setup of Shopify is easy, it's easy to add products and took a little bit of online searching to learn how to add categories and customize menu bars, but the information was available.

What do you dislike?

Some of the tools are not instinctual and can be hidden in the back end. I do wish there were more templates with customization options. There also is not currently an "add on" feature for products, each product has to stand alone on its own, which was an issue. I wish there was more transparency for instructions of how to do things in the back end. The solutions are simple, but you have to search for them. I had many questions during the build process and the internet helped me out there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to look into every use of shopify, from inventory to financing, and make sure it's right for your business.

We are a tour operator and we sell our previously used bikes to the market. We also sell our jerseys and socks that we have overstocked. Shopify has made it possible to not lose money on past goods.

Shopify review by <span>Jimmy W.</span>
Jimmy W.

"Absolutely great for ecommerce sites"

What do you like best?

They make it dead simple to set up an ecommerce store and get selling ASAP, and have done a really good job of adding custom "apps" that let you customize a ton. If you've got developers on your side, the customization options become even more powerful. On that note, the code is really easily accessible, making it easy to edit (whether you're good at editing it or not.)

What do you dislike?

It's not as good out of the box as Wordpress for SEO or blogging. Those are my two biggest complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your primary goal is ecommerce, go with Shopify no questions asked. If you're interested in content marketing, SEO, etc. then you may want to give Wordpress/WooCommerce a look.

Again, you can get an ecomm store set up and 100% ready to roll in a matter of hours with no dev skills. That's tough to beat.

Shopify review by <span>Jason G.</span>
Jason G.

"My Shopify Review"

What do you like best?

Using Shopify is quite intuitive and easy to grasp right from the get-go. You just have to sign up, and then you’re taken by the hand through the whole process. Shopify provides that other eСommerce platforms don’t include assistance with managing the store’s technological needs, a clear interface, and access to several useful ones.

What do you dislike?

As a developer, I find it hard to customize the site. Shopify is an excellent platform for less tech-savvy people. If you’re looking for more functionality for your store you might consider some of Shopify’s competitors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Shopify is extremely easy to set up and get going, so it can be used by beginners who have never gotten their feet wet in e-commerce.

Shopify is our second options when it comes to eCommerce. It certain request is not available in ECWID, that is the time when we go to eCommerce.

There is no perfect eCommerce but there is a lot of option to choose from.

Shopify review by <span>Nikolay G.</span>
Nikolay G.

"Easiest way to build online store"

What do you like best?

If you are looking at how to build an online store and you are not a techie, you should look into Shopify. It's really the easiest way to build a shop if you don't have any experience in building websites. The other thing is that it provides you with some automatization when a buyer places an order it directly ships it to him, making it the best solution if you are looking to dropship products. You can build your store in 20 min and then start selling, that's why there are more than 500 000 users that use it. I used the integration with Aliexpress and it worked really smooth. There are some predefined themes that you can choose from.

What do you dislike?

The only negative thing is that there are so many people that use Shopify themes, so when buyers get in your website it looks like the same as thousands more and it doesn't give you any edge in front of other Dropshipping websites. Also starting to add some adds starts getting expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are still manually fulfilling your orders I really recommend you trying Shopify as it will automate and save you 80% of your time, giving you time to think about new product implementations.

Easily set online shop in literally 30 minutes. Also not having to manual fulfill orders as there are some automated tools that do it for you. I have personally used the aliexpress app and it worked smooth.