ShortStack

Create Facebook apps and build engaging social media marketing campaigns contests, promotions, and much more.

Work for ShortStack?

Showing 18 ShortStack reviews
ShortStack review by <span>Jay T.</span>
Jay T.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

It's really simple to set up a competition or landing page quickly, with easy to modify templates and the new theme customisation. You can insert your own codes and scripts to give you even more features than the wide variety there are already.

What do you dislike?

Data: retrieval and exportation is very limited to a small number of apps, and the lack of an API means that there's no workaround. My company uses email and CRM tools which aren't supported by Shortstack so all data retrieval has to be manual, which isn't great if we want to contact entrants ASAP.

Embedding: there's only an iframe embed option which isn't always ideal. A JavaScript method would be preferable as iframes have limitations when it comes to page resizing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're wanting to explore how competitions and contests can work for your company and you've only got a small budget, then Shortstack is fantastic! Spend some time making your themes and page templates if you're planning to run a few similar campaigns.

We started doing competitions 18 months ago when we got Shortstack, and it's proved to be an invaluable method of lead generation, paying for itself many times over. It's allowed us to expand our prospects database and reach customers we wouldn't otherwise have gotten in front of. It's also helped us to gather user-generated content, giving us more content for subsequent marketing campaigns.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ShortStack
ShortStack review by <span>Lauren Whitney P.</span>
Lauren Whitney P.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I've been using Shortstack for 6 years now, and I LOVE it. Not only is Shortstack easy to use, even for non developers like me, but their customer service team is ON IT. If I ever have a question, whether it be a dumb question about a widget or a very in-depth question about tracking codes from third-party sites, they have always been quick to get back to me. Even if they don't typically provide guidance for a certain feature (third party tracking) they gathered the whole team together until they found a solution for me.

What do you dislike?

Haven't found anything I dislike yet! I guess my only complaint is that the software improves pretty often, so just when I think I have it down, there's a new update I have to learn. But that's not a bad thing!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's high-quality service at low cost. How can you go wrong with that? Shortstack is a MUST for small business and huge agencies alike!

We don't have an on-staff web developer, and with Shortstack, we don't need one! We're able to build giant campaigns for worldwide brands, where more than 300,000 people participate, all on our own. Shortstack makes us look good and keeps our social media fans engaged and excited.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Social Media Management solution do you use?

ShortStack review by <span>Maria C.</span>
Maria C.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Many widgets in a user friendly interface!

Lets you completly design your landing pages and contests, making them seriously original, not having to use any pre-established templates, and making it super easy (drag and drop!!!!) to design your own template.

Basically what Im saying is that it will let you go as far as your imagination, and basic intuitive computer skills will let you.

Of course if your outdated and cant even turn on the computer for any other than word or excel, maybe, and just maybe, you wont get it then...

I was having the hardest time finding an app that would let me run a facebook integrated music contest, and couldnt find one. This app is SOOOO friendly, I designed a photo contest, to do the works of the music contest, thats how versatile it is.

Plus, the staff are super friendly, always answering fast and friendly!

Do try, totally worth your buck!

What do you dislike?

As it automatically does a verification for false voting, it alows either FB or IP adress, I wish it would alow the checking of both boxes, as it would make it so much more secure in only one vote per person contests. All else is GREAT!!!!!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Totally worth trying, at least get the free trial , and try the desgin software for your campaigns, that alone will make you fall for it.

Did a music contest for an electronic music festival, which ran ever so smoothly. Last year I ran it trough another site (not naming names) and it keep going offline, not registering votes, and many more issues. Luckily this year I ran into this FAB app, and had the sweatest experience, Worth every penny ;)

ShortStack review by <span>Robbie B.</span>
Robbie B.

Shortstack Review

Validated Review
What do you like best?

It's difficult to narrow down what I like about Shortstack. I used it for three or four years and was always very happy with results. I probably ran 20-25 different social media giveaways and contests.

What do you dislike?

I got to a point near the end of my use of Shortstack that I would have benefited from a less constrictive set of templates to build off of.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find yourself a good designer if you're not one already and the sky is the limit with this app. Additionally, it's so intuitive and easy to learn that you'll quickly start becoming an expert at the development end of Facebook's functionality.

Massively successful awareness campaigns at a relatively meager cost.

ShortStack review by <span>Ira Lee N.</span>
Ira Lee N.

Flexible. Functional. Fun.

Validated Review
What do you like best?

We enjoy the ability to look through the various pre-made templates, select the one that best fits the clients needs, and then make modifications to the CSS/interactions. It's both timesaving and efficient.

What do you dislike?

It is very unfortunate that Shortstack doesn't support the ability to set a Google Map with interactive/clickable locations that would show possible locations for something. There is a workaround feature which is to take a screenshot of actual GoogleMaps, but that doesn't solve the issue for clients who want interactive engagement on their app. (Especially when the client is a global entity)

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a good solution to your Facebook campaign needs, this is a tool. Just make sure you study up on your CSS, or at least be willing to do some research. The customer service is extremely helpful so they are always willing to help.

We are currently solving the issue of clients wanting quick solutions that look great while converting their social audience into new business. Shortstack provides a lot of functionality for our clients in a single platform.

ShortStack review by <span>Austen H.</span>
Austen H.

Tootsie Roll Industries Shortstack Review

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I love that Shortstack is very user friendly, while also allowing you to change the CSS to fully customize your app to your brand. If you are new to Shortstack, they offer many templates and ideas to choose from to begin customizing. This feature is important to us, as we constantly have interns working with the program that need to be able to quickly learn the features. If you get stuck on anything, Shortstack is just a call, email or instant message away for any questions you may have. They are timely in their response rate, and very friendly and helpful. They even have helpful videos built into the back side of the program to help you successfully build your campaign.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything about Shortstack. I am 100% happy with the product and happy with the continued support and changes they have made to the program. This has helped our company reach new goals and provide us with rich content for all of our social platforms. I look forward to seeing what they come out with next!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking to boost your page and grow your company, Shortstack has all the right tools to help you along the way. With everything from quizzes to photo contest, you get a wide variety of promotion material that will keep your fans engaged and happy.

We do most of our digital marketing and social media in house. Shortstack has given us the opportunity to make innovative promotions fast! To sum it up, Shortstack is everything you need. It's customization, affordable, user friendly, and effective!

Learning about ShortStack?

* We monitor all ShortStack reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.