What do you like best?
I have worked for various leading US based OEMs and most of the companies uses Siemens team center application. I truly recommend this software...its easy to learn, easy to use, easy to maintain your designs and also you could integrate it with CN (change notices) process. So, that it will work as a complete life cycle tool.
What do you dislike?
Well...there are always some things which you would like to improve. I can't complain about this software but wish the possible improvements in 2 areas which is typically not in the hand of use. These are part of software installation team/IT. But as a user..i donot think, I worry about these.
1. You should have latest hardware/performance software.
2. Network connectivity can impact your work
But again I believe..if you have latest laptops/computers with latest processors and better network..you could overcome this.
Recommendations to others considering the product
I advise to implement team center if you are not already using it and can afford the software. It will be helpful specially if you are executing new product development projects and multiple team are interfacing on the same. Very helpful tool !!
What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
There are couple of benefits here..
1. You could integrate team center application with any CAD software like Creo, Solidworks or so on. It will enable you to open your designs in CAD software using Team center and then you could work on your designs and upload.
2.Here the other added benefits is...you could also refer the previous design versions which you saved in Team center for an particular part and reuse. You donot need to save local files.
3. Team center Vis Mockup application helps you to review the complete machine JT model which is pretty time consuming if you open the complete machine 3D model in any CAD sotware.
4. Vismockup also helps you to compare designs