SignUpGenius

SignUpGenius is a online signup and volunteer management solution

Work for SignUpGenius?

Ask SignUpGenius a Question
Showing 68 SignUpGenius reviews
SignUpGenius review by <span>Becca G.</span>
Becca G.

Great free sign-up system for basic appointments

What do you like best?

I can set it where only the users can only see their own name and filled spots are just marked "already filled". I can keep the same perpetual link and just add or remove dates over time, so I don't have to redo it each month (in my case, I don't need people to sign up for separate events)

What do you dislike?

There is a recurrent date/time feature and that's useful, but when it comes to removing dates and times, it's kind of a pain to get to them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider how much info you need from someone signing up. If you only need a name and for them to type in an email address or phone number, this works great. It's not a complex system that allows days, times and also pre-programmed options for them to choose from (food to bring, a booth that needs to be staffed, etc.)

Although we have a scheduling system in our learning center for tutoring and coaching appointments, it is not suitable for students to be able to book their own intake appointment because they are so short and our scheduling system allows only 1 set appointment duration. I use Sign-Up Genius as a free and easy way for new students to just follow a link and put their name in a time for their intake appointment.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SignUpGenius
SignUpGenius review by <span>Caroline R.</span>
Caroline R.

Sign Up Genius and Volunteer Recruitment

What do you like best?

Easy to use, organized and efficient for both us (the administrators) and the users (our volunteers). Allows us to keep in contact with our interested volunteers easily and allows them a feeling of ownership over what roles they select for particular events.

What do you dislike?

Unable to export emails from past sign up lists. This would be very helpful when adding volunteers to new sign ups. Sometimes emails can go into volunteers spam folders, but this may be fixed by just having them change their email preferences.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great software that will help to keep you organized. We use the free version, which meets our needs. Very easy for all of our volunteers, young and old, to use.

Sign up genius allows us to easily recruit and manage volunteers. We rely on volunteers for run many of our programs, and Signupgenius allows us to easily organize volunteer roles and allow people to sign up for whatever jobs most interest them. It also allows us to help keep track of our volunteers hours and communicate with people who have signed up.

It is also very helpful that we are able to access past signups from previous years and can easily duplicate them. This saves us time and insures that we are keeping the same roles from years to year which our volunteers appreciate.

By having having the singup be a live webpage, rather then an individual account, multiple staff can keep track of volunteer recruitment for a single event!

What Volunteer Management solution do you use?

SignUpGenius review by <span>Lindsey U.</span>
Lindsey U.

Really useful tool

What do you like best?

I like that it has multiple uses.

You can use it to schedule multiple meetings for available time slots. We use this to register for school each new year. The registrar inputs a ton of 15 minute time slots and then you're able to sign up to meet with her.

You can use it to sign up to volunteer in time slots.

You can use it to sign up to bring items.

You can use it to request money for items, like a fundraiser.

You can use it to add events to your calendars.

What do you dislike?

There's a small problem with the calendar syncing and the time zones. When you sign up on the desktop version the time zone is correct but when you look at the sign up summaries it lists the sign up times in the wrong time zone. That past several times I've sent or received sign ups, it has been necessary to double check the times that you're signing up for vs what it may sync to your calendar because the time zones are off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make notes about the time zones when sending the requests. It can be confusing if you're not aware of the problem.

As an assistant in a small preschool we rely on a lot of volunteers - time, money, donations, etc. This platform is a great way to reach many people with one step and helps to keep track of items/hours for events. I also volunteer as a room mom at my child's kindergarten. We use the sign up genius all the time. My daughter's teacher will use it to request items for various projects in the classroom. We also used it to request party supplies for our Christmas party.

SignUpGenius review by <span>Ryan M.</span>
Ryan M.

This program makes it easier for events in every area of life!

What do you like best?

SignUp Genius allows us to create multiple sign up forms and organize numerous groups of people in one easy place.

What do you dislike?

The interface takes a little bit to get used to. At first, it can be a little confusing to edit and schedule multiple time blocks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take time to practice with SignUpGenius in house before using it. Your clients/end users may not like the ads. In addition, there are numerous add ons, but they cost a little bit of money, such as being able to take payment. These do NOT come with a free subscription.

With a fast paced, large organization, we have to have a place that makes it easy to sign up for multiple events. We have realized the benefit of quick notifications when people sign up. In addition, reminders can be set up to notify people when their sign up time is approaching. Next, when multiple leaders are managing an event, we are able to transfer ownership of the sign up to multiple leaders or to an individual leader altogether.

SignUpGenius review by <span>Elizabeth J.</span>
Elizabeth J.

What do you like best?

Sign Up Genius is easy to use. My favorite part of Sign Up Genius is that you can try it once for free (or use the basic [package for free as much as you want. When you pay a little extra, you can actually see the click-through rate for your Sign-Up Emails, and this has helped me with recognizing what title lines/ subjects people are most responding to.

What do you dislike?

Under the basic (read free) package, you cannot link back to your website. But you get what you pay (or don't pay for...so just pay for it if you're going to use it more than once a month).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend SignUp Genius. It's so user/ creator friendly. If you're on the fence on whether to pay or not, I would suggest AT LEAST trying the basic/ free package to give it a chance!

Sign-Up Genius has made it easy to track volunteers (and get volunteers signed up in the best roles). It's helped make sure that we have enough people for each role and that once one area is filled, it shows our volunteers where we still need help.

SignUpGenius review by <span>Meredith S.</span>
Meredith S.

Quick and easy way to get members connected.

What do you like best?

I really appreciate how everything is a step by step process and the website walks you through what you need to accomplish in order to publish your sign up list.

What do you dislike?

Some of the features make the page look crowded. I've had people confused when going to sign up because they can't always figure out where to sign up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an easy tool for those who wish to effortlessly get volunteers or customers/clients to sign up for an event, pot luck, etc. You should definitely use the email feature and send out emails to those you wish to sign up!

By using this program, I eliminate a lot of work I'd have to do calling or emailing people at my organization to organize the time slots they wanted to sign up for events. This way, they can do it themselves and I don't have to constantly keep up with all of it. I can print out the list and keep everything together.

Learning about SignUpGenius?

* We monitor all SignUpGenius reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare SignUpGenius to Similar Solutions