SignUpGenius

SignUpGenius is a online signup and volunteer management solution

Work for SignUpGenius?

Learning about SignUpGenius?

SignUpGenius Reviews

Showing 75 SignUpGenius reviews
SignUpGenius review by Becca G.
Becca G.

"Great free sign-up system for basic appointments "

What do you like best?

I can set it where only the users can only see their own name and filled spots are just marked "already filled". I can keep the same perpetual link and just add or remove dates over time, so I don't have to redo it each month (in my case, I don't need people to sign up for separate events)

What do you dislike?

There is a recurrent date/time feature and that's useful, but when it comes to removing dates and times, it's kind of a pain to get to them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider how much info you need from someone signing up. If you only need a name and for them to type in an email address or phone number, this works great. It's not a complex system that allows days, times and also pre-programmed options for them to choose from (food to bring, a booth that needs to be staffed, etc.)

Although we have a scheduling system in our learning center for tutoring and coaching appointments, it is not suitable for students to be able to book their own intake appointment because they are so short and our scheduling system allows only 1 set appointment duration. I use Sign-Up Genius as a free and easy way for new students to just follow a link and put their name in a time for their intake appointment.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SignUpGenius
SignUpGenius review by Sarah S.
Sarah S.

"Simple Scheduling "

What do you like best?

I like how you can just set up a scheduling sign up, send out the link, and forget about it. The people signing up can see what’s available and sign up without you having to cross check for conflicts.

What do you dislike?

It can be easy to accidentally use the wrong settings and then your sign up can go live before you are ready.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This takes the stress off you while making it easy for whoever is signing up on your schedule.

I am saving a lot of time contacting parents to sign up for parent-teacher conference. I just send out the link and then my job is done until they show up for the conference. If they need to reschedule, they do it themselves and I get an email notification.

What Volunteer Management solution do you use?

SignUpGenius review by Caroline R.
Caroline R.

"Sign Up Genius and Volunteer Recruitment"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, organized and efficient for both us (the administrators) and the users (our volunteers). Allows us to keep in contact with our interested volunteers easily and allows them a feeling of ownership over what roles they select for particular events.

What do you dislike?

Unable to export emails from past sign up lists. This would be very helpful when adding volunteers to new sign ups. Sometimes emails can go into volunteers spam folders, but this may be fixed by just having them change their email preferences.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great software that will help to keep you organized. We use the free version, which meets our needs. Very easy for all of our volunteers, young and old, to use.

Sign up genius allows us to easily recruit and manage volunteers. We rely on volunteers for run many of our programs, and Signupgenius allows us to easily organize volunteer roles and allow people to sign up for whatever jobs most interest them. It also allows us to help keep track of our volunteers hours and communicate with people who have signed up.

It is also very helpful that we are able to access past signups from previous years and can easily duplicate them. This saves us time and insures that we are keeping the same roles from years to year which our volunteers appreciate.

By having having the singup be a live webpage, rather then an individual account, multiple staff can keep track of volunteer recruitment for a single event!

SignUpGenius review by Lindsey U.
Lindsey U.

"Really useful tool"

What do you like best?

I like that it has multiple uses.

You can use it to schedule multiple meetings for available time slots. We use this to register for school each new year. The registrar inputs a ton of 15 minute time slots and then you're able to sign up to meet with her.

You can use it to sign up to volunteer in time slots.

You can use it to sign up to bring items.

You can use it to request money for items, like a fundraiser.

You can use it to add events to your calendars.

What do you dislike?

There's a small problem with the calendar syncing and the time zones. When you sign up on the desktop version the time zone is correct but when you look at the sign up summaries it lists the sign up times in the wrong time zone. That past several times I've sent or received sign ups, it has been necessary to double check the times that you're signing up for vs what it may sync to your calendar because the time zones are off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make notes about the time zones when sending the requests. It can be confusing if you're not aware of the problem.

As an assistant in a small preschool we rely on a lot of volunteers - time, money, donations, etc. This platform is a great way to reach many people with one step and helps to keep track of items/hours for events. I also volunteer as a room mom at my child's kindergarten. We use the sign up genius all the time. My daughter's teacher will use it to request items for various projects in the classroom. We also used it to request party supplies for our Christmas party.

SignUpGenius review by Ryan M.
Ryan M.

"This program makes it easier for events in every area of life!"

What do you like best?

SignUp Genius allows us to create multiple sign up forms and organize numerous groups of people in one easy place.

What do you dislike?

The interface takes a little bit to get used to. At first, it can be a little confusing to edit and schedule multiple time blocks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take time to practice with SignUpGenius in house before using it. Your clients/end users may not like the ads. In addition, there are numerous add ons, but they cost a little bit of money, such as being able to take payment. These do NOT come with a free subscription.

With a fast paced, large organization, we have to have a place that makes it easy to sign up for multiple events. We have realized the benefit of quick notifications when people sign up. In addition, reminders can be set up to notify people when their sign up time is approaching. Next, when multiple leaders are managing an event, we are able to transfer ownership of the sign up to multiple leaders or to an individual leader altogether.

SignUpGenius review by Elizabeth J.
Elizabeth J.

"Sign Up Genius is Easy to Use!"

What do you like best?

Sign Up Genius is easy to use. My favorite part of Sign Up Genius is that you can try it once for free (or use the basic [package for free as much as you want. When you pay a little extra, you can actually see the click-through rate for your Sign-Up Emails, and this has helped me with recognizing what title lines/ subjects people are most responding to.

What do you dislike?

Under the basic (read free) package, you cannot link back to your website. But you get what you pay (or don't pay for...so just pay for it if you're going to use it more than once a month).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend SignUp Genius. It's so user/ creator friendly. If you're on the fence on whether to pay or not, I would suggest AT LEAST trying the basic/ free package to give it a chance!

Sign-Up Genius has made it easy to track volunteers (and get volunteers signed up in the best roles). It's helped make sure that we have enough people for each role and that once one area is filled, it shows our volunteers where we still need help.

SignUpGenius review by Meredith S.
Meredith S.

"Quick and easy way to get members connected."

What do you like best?

I really appreciate how everything is a step by step process and the website walks you through what you need to accomplish in order to publish your sign up list.

What do you dislike?

Some of the features make the page look crowded. I've had people confused when going to sign up because they can't always figure out where to sign up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an easy tool for those who wish to effortlessly get volunteers or customers/clients to sign up for an event, pot luck, etc. You should definitely use the email feature and send out emails to those you wish to sign up!

By using this program, I eliminate a lot of work I'd have to do calling or emailing people at my organization to organize the time slots they wanted to sign up for events. This way, they can do it themselves and I don't have to constantly keep up with all of it. I can print out the list and keep everything together.

SignUpGenius review by Julie Q.
Julie Q.

"Usable but not ideal"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is for users to sign up for different events/meetings, and the different customizations the administrator can use for different types of meetings and scheduling purposes.

What do you dislike?

It is not user-friendly when it sometimes asks for users' emails or identification/to set up accounts. In addition, the email reminders are hard to keep track of and make it difficult to automate an entire sign-up process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good for smaller businesses; the larger the organization, the more potential mistakes and difficulty in administrating.

Our office schedules dozens of meetings/appointments per week, and it is much more efficient to use a system than to do these manually. The benefits are not double-booking individuals, automated emails to users who have scheduled appointments, and less use of the telephone as it is time-consuming and inefficient to individually call people for standardized appointments.

SignUpGenius review by Administrator

"Best way to get help or donations for any event"

What do you like best?

Easy set-up and management. The pages are easy to navigate, and while some of the steps take some trial and error to learn, once the process is figured out, setup goes very quickly.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are two steps to do something when there should be only one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a simple and straightforward way to get sign ups from a large group of people. The free version works well enough, but the paid subscription versions offer lots of features that can take signup management to a whole new level. Kind of fun to create these, too.

We often hold fundraising and volunteering events with our school. Having all of our needs listed for people to choose from and sign up for takes the burden off of having to pester and beg people for help! People seem more receptive to signing up for something when it has a pretty layout and signing up is easy.

SignUpGenius review by User

"It's okay, but it could be better"

What do you like best?

I like that I can see each slot available for sign up and where there are gaps in the schedule. I also like that I can see which people will be working together on any given day, so that I know who I'll be partnered with before I arrive.

What do you dislike?

The program doesn't hold your spot if you're in the process of signing up for a time slot. There's been several times where I've picked a time, input my information, and then got an error message starting that the slot had been filled. I would rather be told that someone is currently signing up for that time right when I click on it, not after 5 clicks and 3 typed entry fields.

Scheduling student doctors for clinic hours and volunteer events. One large benefit is that it's very easy to see which slots are filled and which are still open.

SignUpGenius review by Laura A.
Laura A.

"Perfect for Sign-ups"

What do you like best?

For employee engagement sign-ups, this is the best for time slots. Ex. blood drive - setting up individual times for donors to come to the blood drive. The employees can pick the time slot that works best for them and Sign-up genius will keep it organized and even send out reminders. Plus the appointment can be added to the employee's outlook calendar with a push of a button.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike. I sometimes have to manually add each time slot in instead of using a repeat function to schedule each time slot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to track multiple appointment times yet give your employees the flexibility to sign up for their preferred time, this works well.

It saves me a lot of time coordinating employee engagement events since those are usually over and above my regular job responsibilities. I can open the app and see how sign-up is coming and who is signed up.

SignUpGenius review by Sarah C.
Sarah C.

"Perfect for Parent/Teacher Conferences"

What do you like best?

Signup Genius lets teachers easily organize multiple conferences on the same day. When a parent requests a conference, I can send them an email with a link to sign up. This allows the parent to choose the best available time that works for them. It helps keep me organized when I have 15+ back to back meetings in one day.

What do you dislike?

It is a little difficult to remember how to set up the sign up sheet exactly each time I use it. I was there was a saved button that would set up the sign up sheet the same way I used it in the past.

Teachers are able to keep in contact with parents and easily share their meeting schedule with other parents and administrators. It saves a lot of time and effort trying to organize back to back meetings on the same day.

SignUpGenius review by Taylor B.
Taylor B.

"Easiest way to organize our volunteer events."

What do you like best?

I like that with the premium option we could upload our picture, specify the "host" (listed on the sign up page--we could make it our organization name instead of my personal name), and remove ads. It takes all of the gruntwork of organizing off of us-volunteers can trade and sub shifts as needed without our interference.

What do you dislike?

The way it was set up, I had to merge/combine accounts with another person in my office, instead of just "inviting" someone else to edit the sign up.

We use this for event sign ups--we have one big event with upwards of 400 volunteers that we use SignUp Genius for, and we also use it for smaller events as well.

SignUpGenius review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Easy and Effective Sign Ups"

What do you like best?

Sign ups are easy to set up with numbered steps (tabs) to guide the organizer through the set up process. There are ready-made themes to choose from during setup and helpful videos available when you click the question mark icon. The program also allows archiving of old signups and you can reactivate or duplicate these as needed. There are many additional features available such as payment collection and reports.Also, there is a blog full of helpful tips and a mobile app that is available for both iOS and Android devices.

What do you dislike?

With the Basic free subscription there are ads on the top and side of the setup screens that can be distracting during setup. Optional p;aid levels (silver, gold and platinum) are ad-free and also allow for more email and text invites per month. The fees seem a bit high. At the moment they are 5% of the purchase plus .50 per transaction. However, this is charged to the participant and could be considered a convenience fee. The fees are most likely in line with similar services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Full featured product that should meet your needs.

The automated signup process allows organizers of all types of events an easy way to assign roles and to make sure tasks are covered. The program sends out auto reminders via email or text. The SignUpGenius process saves time and improves communication. We might consider using the payment feature in the future but we use different software for this at the present time.

User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Easy to Use Electronic Sign up Sheet"

What do you like best?

I love sign up genius because it is organized and helpful when creating sign up sheets. I am a user, not a creator of sheets, but as a user it is great! It sends me email notifications giving me a heads-up when it is my time to do whatever I signed up for.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything about it. Again, I am just a user of Sign Up Genius--not a creator.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this if you ever need to create a simple sign up sheet that every participant has access to! It is so very helpful.

For a while at our organization, we did not have a front desk receptionist. It was the admin assistants jobs to cover the shifts at the front desk. In order to keep this running smoothly, we all signed up on Sign Up Genius for different shifts and this helped us tremendously. We were able to keep track of who was scheduled for when and we were given reminders when it was our turn to take a shift.

SignUpGenius review by Monica S.
Monica S.

"Making sign up easier"

What do you like best?

I like how user friendly the website it. I also appreciate the ease of importing emailing addresses and sending out blast emails. I like how easy it is to add things to the description.

What do you dislike?

Minimum features for unpaid members. As a school teacher, I don't want to pay for the yearly subscription but I can only send 1000 messages a month which has stinks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd you're not going to pay for it, possibly explore other options.

This site allows me to allow people to sign up for events which would be possible with Google forms (and I should probably use it since we have the Google suite at school) but it is generally easier to create a sign up through sign up genius. One huge benefit is that I get emails telling me when someone has signed up. It also makes it easier to send out email blasts to remind the people who have signed up to fulfill their commitment.

SignUpGenius review by Angel T.
Angel T.

"Sign Up Genius is Genius!!! "

What do you like best?

I absolutely love how easy to navigate and create sign ups are. At the click of a button you can easily create and publish a sign up for any upcoming or future events that require volunteers, meetings, or a list of contributions needed. Also, depending on what you need, SUG has different plans that can fit into your business.

What do you dislike?

My only dislike are the advertisements that appear on my screen. I'm unsure if it's the type of account I have or if it's the whole platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's simple to use and great even for beginners! You'll catch on easily.

With Sign Up Genius and the multiple organizations I work with, I am able to easily reach out to others for assistance or schedule meeting times with community members. It allows me to keep organization of of meetings or volunteers and is extremely handy around the holidays when we're hosting team potlucks, in which we all contribute party items. Its extremely beneficial to be able to keep track and even stay in contact with participants.

SignUpGenius review by User in Fund-Raising
User in Fund-Raising

"Functional and easy to use"

What do you like best?

I enjoy using SignUp Genius for our events that require lots of organization and volunteer help. It is easy to use and laid out in a simple format that even the most basic users can utilize. I especially like that you can customize volunteer time frames and dates, so for example if certain volunteer slots need to be different or shorter/longer than others, you can adjust.

What do you dislike?

The advertising can be a little annoying, and being a non-profit we don't always have the ability to pay for an upgraded service without ads, but it's not the end of the world.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use all of the customization functions to design the event that fits your needs!

Communication amongst event volunteers is easy and they can see how many slots are left for certain volunteer positions. It is prompt in notifying me when we have new volunteers sign up which is nice.

SignUpGenius review by Susan D.
Susan D.

"Just the Thing for Volunteer, Board, and Service Events"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use of Sign Up Genius features, the variety of formats, and the fact that past sign ups continue to be available and accessible on their platform.

What do you dislike?

I really don't dislike anything about this software.

I have to coordinate the activities of large numbers of volunteers several times a year. I need a place where our volunteers and Board members can sign themselves up for service days, tours, meetings and events. Rather than sending out multiple emails listing the jobs we want to get done, or the assignments that we need to have filled, this is a one-stop solution. The benefits are having all the respondents' information in one place, with live updating and ability to send reminders or additional information as plans progress. People respond to the attractive graphics and ease of use.

SignUpGenius review by Win N.
Win N.

"Great for organizing volunteers & events"

What do you like best?

An easy to use tool for volunteers to sign up and be reminded of how they have offered to contribute to an event.

What do you dislike?

For the events that I use SignUp Genius for, the free membership has been sufficient. Others may find the need to purchase a paid membership.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SignUpGenuis can be used for a variety of things so be creative and think outside the box. We have used it for people signing up to bring food or items to an event, to track volunteers working events, and helping out community members in need.

We can easily use SignUpGenuis to allow volunteers to indicate how they want to contribute and for all the needs of an event to be met. This allows the staff to spend their time doing other things.

SignUpGenius review by Stacy N.
Stacy N.

"SignUp Genius "

What do you like best?

There are a LOT of things to like about Signup Genius. It is very, very flexible in terms of being able to set it up in a way that very much suits one's needs on a unique level. My church, school, sports teams and other clients are using it to manage everything from donations, volunteer time, meal planning and more.

What do you dislike?

Some of the little designs / layouts are a bit amateur looking? But you are able to get in and customize them a bit to improve their appearance. I just find some are a bit outdated for my tastes, with cute little backgrounds and graphics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take some time to get to know all the various options and controls within it to better create your forms. There's quite a bit of customization capability, and you may need to try a few different types of forms to obtain the type of data you need. There are a lot of help topics and tutorials to help you as you go.

We are able to coordinate all sorts of different types of needs - it really allows you to stay in contact with all of the participants/volunteers/donors. It's easy to send a message out to everyone for reminders or additional notes and keep track of exact details without countless hours trying to man a spreadsheet with this sort of data. Times savings = HUGE!

SignUpGenius review by Olivia F.
Olivia F.

"Easy to use, but hard on the eye!"

What do you like best?

I love how simple it is to create a sign-up sheet for events, especially when different dates are involved.

What do you dislike?

The final product is very user-friendly, but it just doesn't look great. I wish the templates they provide were prettier to look at.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great way to create sign-ups fast and easy. If you are looking for something that looks polished and professional - this is not your product.

Using SignUpGenius helps me eliminate tons of emails and having to track, who signed up for what. It also allows users to change their selections, which reflects immediately on the creators side.

SignUpGenius review by Stacey P.
Stacey P.

"Ease of Sign up's!"

What do you like best?

I feel that SignUpGenius has allowed me to save time! Being able to post a link for folks to sign up for events has become a blessing for this PTO mom!

What do you dislike?

I wish more of the 'advanced' features were free. Being a non-profit that depends upon student fundraisers, shelling out $ to access the features is not going to happen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider offering nonprofits like education programs a deep discount (or free) for advanced settings

Streamlining sign ups for events has been our biggest problem solver! In this day and age, everyone is hooked to technology and this has made it so much easier than parents having to snip a sign up sheet and send it back to school

SignUpGenius review by Kristin M.
Kristin M.

"Awesome, Awesome, Awesome!"

What do you like best?

This is a great application for any type of business to use. It is easy to use and helpful to many. I have used this application software in my place of business as well as my personal life.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything about this application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this application as it will improve the quality and efficiency of your business. It allows for easy use with your online clients/community. There will never be an easier way to keep track of sing ups whether it be for a business or pleasure purpose.

I am solving a couple problems with this such as double booking and having more than one person completing the same task. This is beneficial because work time is more stream lined and more efficient.

SignUpGenius review by Alyssa B.
Alyssa B.

"Simple and does the job"

What do you like best?

It's an easy way for people to sign up for events. It's straight forward and simple to use.

What do you dislike?

There aren't many ways to customize it. It has a standard look to it and I can't easily customize it to "look" like the rest of my publications

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a quick, easy way for volunteers to sign up, this is the way to do it.

Easy way for volunteers to sign up. People are more likely to use the link than to sign up on paper at church

SignUpGenius review by Tyler W.
Tyler W.

"Good organization and reminder system"

What do you like best?

Great user interface - easy to use - and is nice that it sets reminders

What do you dislike?

It is not always used efficiently by coordinators; this ends up causing a lot of scrolling to find the best option for me. Needs to have an option to only look at available slots.

It makes it much easier to coordinate signups for multiple people and multiple dates.

SignUpGenius review by User in Research
User in Research

"Sign-up Genius- easy to navigate "

What do you like best?

It is very intuitive once you begin creating a sign-up, there are multiple formats, you can email people directly through the site

What do you dislike?

You can't clone old sign ups, you have to create completely new ones, a lot of the nicer templates cost money, you can't print the sign up sheet in the form of a schedule

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good way to get a large number of people to sign up for something, but I am not impressed with the overall features. It takes a very long time to create a sign up and there are a lot of steps to complete. It is also confusing when you want to edit one particular sign up but it makes you select an entire section that you have to edit (you can't edit singular items)

signing up volunteers for large conferences

SignUpGenius review by Julie E.
Julie E.

"Facilitates Volunteer Sign Up"

What do you like best?

Lots of options to customize your sign up to get the look you want and easily display all of your volunteer shift options across multiple dates and times

What do you dislike?

There is a learning curve just like any other program. Takes some trial and error in the beginning to get it exactly how you want it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the 14 day free trial.

Allowing volunteers to sign up for shifts

SignUpGenius review by Megan C.
Megan C.

"Great Software"

What do you like best?

Very easy to set up a sign up for our volunteers. Allows everyone to clearly see what is going on and when they are going to serve as well as where they are going to serve.

What do you dislike?

The site can look cluttered which can come off as confusing. I wish that it was a little clearer.

We have been using it to schedule our volunteers for various parts of our ministry. It has been great for organizing our volunteers.

SignUpGenius review by Alison S.
Alison S.

"Easy software for coordinating volunteers"

What do you like best?

The variety of options I have for setting up the signups. Very customizable to my needs. I can set up a repeated event with a click of the button or I can do one off events where I need a large number of volunteers.

What do you dislike?

The links that you get for sharing the signup form are long and cumbersome. It would be nice to make a customizable link that folks could remember.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You do not need to be technology savvy to be able to figure out SignUpGenius. It is a simple process that makes sense each step of the way.

Sign Up Genius allows us to delegate recruitment shifts to members of the board without making our staff cover the shift. The biggest benefit of this over other software is the automatic reminders the program sends to volunteers for me. With 2 shifts a week, this saves a ton of time that I do not have.

SignUpGenius review by Pamela G.
Pamela G.

"SignUp Genius"

What do you like best?

SignUp Genius is easy to use and navigate!

What do you dislike?

Yesterday I created a sign-up and I was a bit confused on one of the steps. I put "n/a" because I didn't know what else to write in the spot.

Every year we videotape interviews for one of our Signature events. It is so much easier to schedule multiple people for multiple times and days using this software!

User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Quick and efficient process for employee participation!"

What do you like best?

The process is easy and quick. I like the fact that it saves my information and makes it faster to sign up for different activities at work. It’s also great that the appointment you sign up for can be added to your calendar.

What do you dislike?

I haven’t experienced anything that I dislike about the software.

I am usually asked to sign up for appointments rather than use it to sign up people in the organization, but I think it’s easier to use when you have a large organization and you are asking people to RSVP to an event or sign up for an appointment and you don’t have to keep track of 100s of emails on whether or not someone is able to attend. Everything is in one place and you can update your response as needed.

SignUpGenius review by User in Oil & Energy
User in Oil & Energy

"Perfect for organizing volunteer events"

What do you like best?

SignUp Genius is awesome for organizing a list of volunteers for an event. The invite goes out to everyone and those who are able to participate follow the link and sign up for a timeslot. SignUp Genius also allows you to break the timeslots into separate categories too. Users can post notes for one another.

What do you dislike?

The user interface on the website could be a little cleaner. The fonts and colors are a bit distracting but it's easy to look past this since it is a free service!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use, web-based, anyone can do it!

Perfect for assigning tasks to a large group of people. For example, our preschool held a "Rodeo Fun Day" and parents were asked to staff various games like Ring Toss, Photo Booth, Bandana Bean Bag Throw, Bake Sale, etc. Each of these was listed as an option in the sign-up sheet. Parents knew which booth they would be at and for how long based on what they signed up for. It was also nice on the Bake Sale portion to list notes on what was being brought so we didn't have duplicate items (i.e., everyone bringing cupcakes).

SignUpGenius review by Lori C.
Lori C.

"Nice tool for event planning"

What do you like best?

I like SignUpGenius has an easy sign up process for participants and all of the different themes they have to choose from. They're reporting tools are also very useful.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about SignUpGenius that I have discovered yet.

SignUpGenius is helping us organize our trade show events.

SignUpGenius review by Administrator

"Making Volunteer Event Management Easier"

What do you like best?

I like getting a notice whenever anyone signs up and also appreciate being able to set a timeframe for them to get a reminder email about the event.

What do you dislike?

The ads for the free version seem excessive.

I was managing my events with an excel spreadsheet and word document. People had to go through me to sign up and then I had to remember to send reminder emails. Everyone at the office can access the event to see how the signups are going.

SignUpGenius review by Gayle P.
Gayle P.

"Great tool for recruiting volunteers!"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is for volunteers to sign up & that they get reminders.

What do you dislike?

It can be confusing to set up a large event, specifically when you have multiple shifts/times per day.

This allows us to keep track of volunteers and we have a way to reach them for next year.

User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"SignUpGenius is easy to use for volunteering! "

What do you like best?

It's free and easy to use. I also like that it has a reminder feature which saves time on my part.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about it. It's free and easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's free, easy to use, and sends out reminders for the events which is a great time-saving feature!

It is so much easier to manage our volunteer sign-ups by using SignUpGenius. They take care of sending out reminders for the event as well which is a time saver for us.

SignUpGenius review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Great for work place and parties"

What do you like best?

We use this for multiple functions. We use it for interview sign-ups, training sign-ups, and food/drink/supply sign-ups for events. Super easy to create the sign-up and super easy to actually sign-up!

What do you dislike?

Nothing. It’s straight-forward and can be used for so many different things.

We do not have to call each person to sign up for various things. We just send one mass email with the link and they each do it themselves.

"We love SignUpGenius!"

What do you like best?

I love that I can list everything I need, timeslots, and then our volunteers can sign up for what works best for them. No more slotting volunteers into positions they don’t want to be in!

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there isn’t anything I don’t like about it!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend signupgenius for anyone managing volunteers!

I’m solving the problem of volunteers being in positions they don’t want to be in. It’s also cut back on day of complaints because they know ahead of time!

SignUpGenius review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Sign Up Genius for Classroom"

What do you like best?

The ability to see others’ sign ups & email reminders are what I like best. They have a name recognition that parents know and trust.

What do you dislike?

The set up is confusing for many times and slots. I really dislike the advertisements.

Solving time management issues for organization and communication. I can reach people without knowing their email addresses. They can change, delete or add to their entry without my assistance. I can print off a spreadsheet of signups.

User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Good program for keeping track of volunteers"

What do you like best?

Makes it easy to sign up for multiple spots at once.

What do you dislike?

It would be helpful to have instructions at the top that tell people to pick their spots and then they'll be prompted to add their personal info.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use. Works well from a user standpoint. The Rotary Club used it to track multiple volunteers for a week-long event. They said it worked well.

Keeping track of volunteers with a program simple for everyone to use. Works well.

"Sign Up Genuis"

What do you like best?

It helps you to be able to sign up for things and to coordinate schedules with others easily via email. I also like that you can set up the reminders for people when they set up.

What do you dislike?

An outside program. Not much to dislike honestly except that his is ANOTHER site and another log in. Sometimes there are just so many log ins and sites that it gets overwhelming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good way to coordinate scheduling.

Scheduling staff development activities

"So helpful!"

What do you like best?

Easy for coordinating schedules and tasks among a large group of people!

What do you dislike?

It's not the prettiest site I've ever used. It's really helpful, but it's not the best looking website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's simple, but if there are changes that are made to a schedule you created after the sign-up, know that you will need to update the sign up as well! The email reminders are SUPER helpful though!

Coordinating events and speakers for reoccurring meetings, scheduling speakers and managing schedules.

SignUpGenius review by Caitlin S.
Caitlin S.

"Love It"

What do you like best?

Sign Up Genuis is very user friendly. You do not have to join to sign up for a time slot, which encourages the type of people who are afraid of getting spam emails.

What do you dislike?

You cannot email volunteers individually,

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make the ability to email individuals.

Sign up genius allows me to manage volunteers without me having to constantly emailing back and forth available times. Volunteers can sign up last minute or cancel, which is helpful.

SignUpGenius review by Martina Krystelle P.
Martina Krystelle P.

"Sign Up Genius -- love it!"

What do you like best?

I like how simple the product is. Very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

Additional features cost more, but not much.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a chance! It's very user friendly.

Benefits include ease of communication and data collection.

SignUpGenius review by Dana H.
Dana H.

"SignUpGenius in Schools"

What do you like best?

I like that the format is very easy and straight forward. They also allow you to edit your sign up at any time.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is difficult to see how many slots are left to sign up for items.

It is much easier to communicate with all school staff and all staff members can see who else has signed up for the items.

SignUpGenius review by Administrator in Music
Administrator in Music

"Great tool for online sign-up lists"

What do you like best?

It provides you with the tools to create an online sign-up list.

What do you dislike?

Navigating through the setup can be tricky

Recommendations to others considering the product

This has been a great tool for me and I gighly recommend it.

I use this when I need to sign up participants for an event. I create the event with 4 slots per hour and just email the link. Then, people can sign-up and even trade spots.

SignUpGenius review by User in Higher Education

"Easy access for students and staff"

What do you like best?

Love that we can have multiple users, and that it keeps track of who's signing up when. Really helpful for my students when they are signing up for shifts, or deleting them. Helps me as a supervisor plan ahead.

What do you dislike?

Some of the options are hard to figure out. Students want to try to use the switching shifts on the program, but have yet to be able to figure out how to do it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start and don't look back.

Knowing who is working when is a lot more organized. It also helps with billing, as to who has worked which game.

SignUpGenius review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Scheduling and Volunteering Made Simple"

What do you like best?

It's so easy to use and makes it easy to sign parents up to come to conferences or volunteer at school.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to have more themes or be able to edit the template.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SignUpGenius is easy to use and versatile for different types of needs.

I use SignUpGenius to schedule conferences, sign up to bring in items and for volunteers.

SignUpGenius review by Administrator in Religious Institutions
Administrator in Religious Institutions

"Mostly Positive Easy of Creating Sign up"

What do you like best?

I like that I can create many different options of offerings for people to sign up with, and that there are so many different themes to choose from that really diversify what the different sign ups can look like. I like that there are many different options for the types of sign up as well, so that I can use this same platform for many different programs.

What do you dislike?

I think not all features are possible, and I've emailed for support and hopefully customer service will get back to me soon. I am still in the process of playing around with it so I'm not positive how it'll go. I would like to be able to limit the number of times that someone can sign up.

We are trying to do some micro-community work and have people sign up for different options.

Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Easy to use at set up and easy to use as an end user"

What do you like best?

SignUp Genius should help us move beyond the old style of signing up and I think we will not run into the challenges of some volunteers cannot get into the Google docs we were using.

What do you dislike?

I wanted a little more flexibility when I set up the dates/times for our volunteer slots. But I am a new user and it may become more clear as I work with the product.

I will be using it to coordinate ~25 volunteer slots offered to ~40 people at 5-6 programs in a week. We were using Google docs but this is simpler.

"Very easy to use"

What do you like best?

It's so simple to use and to copy past sign ups to repeat (we have a monthly sign up for all staff). Lots of images and backgrounds to match your sign up (we use the monstrance for adoration sign up). Overall, a great free tool!

What do you dislike?

Limited features and ads, but it's free, so I can't complain.

Staff sign ups

SignUpGenius review by User

"SignUpGenius allows first come first serve to actually play out."

What do you like best?

I liked that it gave everyone a fair chance to sign up on a first come first serve basis and doesn't discriminate against anyone.

What do you dislike?

Too many users logging in at the same time can be frustrating as users attempt to sign up for spots and have to refresh the page.

Distribution of sign up sheets have been resolved. This makes it so easy to find employees that are wanting to sign up, without having to send an email blast or seek them out.

User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Great way to get information in an organized manner!"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to set up and send out - I like the flexibility

What do you dislike?

On the consumer end, I did get a little confused the first time i filled one out - wasn't sure if I needed an account

allows people to sign up for events without having to chase them down

"Easy and useful"

What do you like best?

I like that it is very easy to set up and very easy for a group of people to use.

What do you dislike?

Getting back in to see what you have signed up for can be a little confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This really simplifies and saves time. I recommend SignUpGenius

organizing volunteers, staff, or any other group to organize an activity. We use it for everything from signing up to cover a shift to signing up for what to bring to the potluck. Also our volunteer Board can use it to organize their meeting sign ups.

User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Easy and fast to set up"

What do you like best?

This program is really easy to use for just about everyone. Even volunteers who are not as computer literate find it easy to signup for volunteer times. I also like that people can instantly see changes when other people sign up, so we don't get tons of people volunteering for the same time slots.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes we need more room to describe a volunteer activity than is provided. Otherwise, this has been an easy product to use.

This makes volunteer sign up really easy and eliminates us having to track things by hand.

SignUpGenius review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Good tool for organizing Interviwes"

What do you like best?

How easy is for participants to signup for a slot and time.

What do you dislike?

Is not intuitive, is easy, but the advanced options are not intuitive. Like managing the group admins and who receive emails, time lock, etc

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy, but could be more modern and intuitive

Getting interview slots scheduled

SignUpGenius review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Good outcomes, but tough to get there."

What do you like best?

The ability to have external stakeholders sign up for admission interviews was a great convenience. The fact that the person signing up could modify their own time slot was very practical and reduced resource-heavy process for my team.

What do you dislike?

It was hard to get everything built out of the gate, but persistence got me there. Skinning it to brand specs was pretty tough.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't wait until the last minute to build the sign up - it will require patience and some testing!

Interview scheduling for graduate admissions.

"Scheduling Mutiple Interviews"

What do you like best?

How much time it saves me in scheduling!

What do you dislike?

It’s functional but the look is a little outdated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It’s easy to use and there when I need it but not something I end up utilize often. Our HR Team uses the product more.

I use it to help schedule interviews. If I have a candidate come in who needs to interview with multiple people, I have them sign-up for a time through sign-up genius.

User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Efficient way to sign up "

What do you like best?

Easy to use, very easy to personalize and also easy to invite people to whatever event being planned!

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything I don't like about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it out!

Easy sign up

SignUpGenius review by User in Civic & Social Organization
User in Civic & Social Organization

"Sign up shift volunteers"

What do you like best?

Easily manage sign ups for shifts for multi-day events.

What do you dislike?

Recreating events annually is not always intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use for non-recurring events.

Sharing event sign ups with staff and volunteers easily.

User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"SignUp Genuis is manageable but not the most user friendly"

What do you like best?

It is efficient at creating sign up lists for events. Once created it is easy for individuals to sign up.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the process of creating a sign up. It is difficult to create slot times within one role and is difficult to maneuver.

I have used it to recruit and engage volunteers for community activities. It has been a great asset in making this possible!

SignUpGenius review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Very useful in education field"

What do you like best?

It takes very little time to create a sign up

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is not well explained how to create different type of time slots

Organising events and parent teacher conferences

SignUpGenius review by User in Higher Education

"Excellent ease for sign ups for any event"

What do you like best?

How we saved paper and everyone was notified multiple times to sign up

What do you dislike?

There was nothing I dislike about this program

We handle all of our potluck this way to save paper

SignUpGenius review by User in Religious Institutions
User in Religious Institutions

"Easy to use, super helpful!"

What do you like best?

Ability to update lists and send and emails quickly

What do you dislike?

Inability to "hide" past dates on a sign up sheet while it's still active

Scheduling help for meals at ministry

User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Great for Non Profit Event Use"

What do you like best?

I love that it gives us the ability to connect with our volunteers so easily, and for them to sign up for jobs they want to do, instead of assigning them something.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, this is a great software that we use often!

We are solving the problem of volunteers being placed in positions that they want to be in. A happy volunteer comes back year after year.

User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Sign up genius..easy to use!"

What do you like best?

It is very easer from the user end. Even the free option has many selections and choices

What do you dislike?

Cannot pull email list from many common platforms

I am reaching out to parents, to father input

SignUpGenius review by Administrator in Government Administration
Administrator in Government Administration

"Easy organization for group sign-ups"

What do you like best?

Easy organization for group sign-ups. Easy to communicate, sign up, and remind parties of their responsibilities. Users can sign themselves up for an appropriate task/item etc. and even change/remove their assignment if needed.

What do you dislike?

Not the most attractive interface, wish there was more customization available for the display

signing up for volunteering shifts, food assignments etc.

User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Great way to create sign-up lists "

What do you like best?

I love that I don’t have to track people down to find out the info I need.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don’t like is that the link is emailed to people instead of texted

It makes I very easy to send out requests for volunteers or to have people sign up for time slots at events

Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Helpful tool - does the job"

What do you like best?

The free version offers a fairly functional product that does the job well.

What do you dislike?

The free version is not nearly as feature rich as I would prefer.

I use this regularly for community potlucks, and people enjoy being able to see the list and wHat is available.

SignUpGenius review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"A great way to allow employees to signup for sessions thru a job site"

What do you like best?

Its accuracy, it's reminder, it's ease in using the system for staff

What do you dislike?

I cannot say there is a dislike with this product.

This allows an easier way to reach out to employees and await response without having to call each one.

SignUpGenius review by User in Computer Software

"SignUp Genius is awesome!"

What do you like best?

User friendly and easy to navigate. You can customize your dashboard. Very cool that is saves my information.

What do you dislike?

Not much. So gonna nitpick here. Ads are annoying.

Great to have volunteers sign up and track were we need more help.

"Does the Job"

What do you like best?

Allows us to smoothly fill volunteer time slots.

What do you dislike?

The fields don't default to the format we prefer.

We can fill our volunteer needs at events and easily contact those who registered.

SignUpGenius review by User in Medical Devices
User in Medical Devices

"Great signUp software"

What do you like best?

Ability to create signup sheets, managing to-do lists

What do you dislike?

Not a great interface. The lists can be difficult to customize.

Creating sign-up sheets to track group to-do lists

SignUpGenius review by Administrator in Religious Institutions
Administrator in Religious Institutions

"Easy Group Gathering Planner"

What do you like best?

Determines who is bringing what while tallying RSVPs.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike at this time.

A great time saver versus email lists or phone calls. One-Stop-Shop per se.

Learning about SignUpGenius?

* We monitor all SignUpGenius reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.