Silent Auction Pro

Silent Auction Pro

4.9

Silent Auction Pro is a multi-user, Internet-based auction software system providing complete donor and auction management solution for charitable fundraising.

Work for Silent Auction Pro?

Learning about Silent Auction Pro?

Silent Auction Pro Reviews

Ask Silent Auction Pro a Question
Showing 78 Silent Auction Pro reviews
Silent Auction Pro review by Shawna B.
Shawna B.

"Very Good Web-based Fundraising Solution!"

What do you like best?

Once the user account was set up, bidding and checkout were seamless. Was able to process all but three payments and processed these after the fact with an authorized credit card. Users seem to not have a problem with it at all! Customer service is great! They answered the phone and were able to help me immediately every time I called.

What do you dislike?

Because everything was web-based, it was hard to load auction items over the phone because everything was so small. Also, apparently credit cards weren't requires/authorized when entered so we weren't able to check everyone out immediately. Hopefully that's a setting that we can change in the future. Setup was pretty tedious as well but hopefully that was a one-time issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be diligent with your set up. Also be mindful that entering auction items may take a while longer

Check out at the end of our auction was very quick and painless. We didn't have to handle any money and the buyers seemed to like it as well.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Silent Auction Pro
Silent Auction Pro review by Julia F.
Julia F.

"Great Product!"

What do you like best?

Never having used an event management software before, I wasn't quite sure what to expect. The team at Silent Auction Pro was absolutely wonderful! Not only was I provided with extensive training on all of the different components of the program but they also made sure to keep me on track by sending me reminders and checklists on what event components I needed to have ready by what date. This is by far the best customer service experience I have ever had. The program is quite intuitive though there was a bit of a learning curve for me.

What do you dislike?

I have only used the program for one event so far but look forward to using it for future events. The only feature I really wish could be added is the ability to import excel spreadsheets. It would make the import of donors and donations much easier and less time-consuming.

The program has some great analytical features built into it so that I am now able to see which types of auction items my guests prefer. This information helps tremendously in growing the event in the future since my committee will be able to focus on items we know are highly sought after.

What Auction solution do you use?

Silent Auction Pro review by Lisa K.
Lisa K.

"Excellent Auction Software"

What do you like best?

Been using the software for 5 years now and find it easier and easier to use. The demo site is awesome if I need to experiment to make sure I understand what needs to be done, and great for my volunteers to play with prior to using it at our event. Support is OUTSTANDING!! Cannot say enough about the support factor. Had minor glitch at our Saturday auction, emailed the issue on Sunday, and Jim and his staff worked on it all day Sunday to get the issue resolved. If I have a question on how to do something, they reply to emails almost immediately. The system keeps track of everything! I like that we can print donor thank you letters with ease. I would HIGHLY recommend Silent Auction Pro.

What do you dislike?

There's so much the system does, it takes some practice to get used to everything it offers, but the more you use it, the slicker it gets!! I wish there was a way to reset donation item numbers back to zero each year, however, the fact that the numbers keep getting bigger (I'm now working in the 4,000's for donation numbers) is a minor annoyance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I checked out 3 other auction software programs and was nervous with going to a system that needed internet connections. It's been absolutely awesome to use, and pleasurable to work with the folks at Silent Auction Pro. I can't say enough good things about the software and the support.

The problem of manually doing a fundraising auction was a huge pain. Silent Auction Pro makes it much easier, and quicker! It produces on the spot reports letting people know what they won immediately!

Silent Auction Pro review by Tunstall W.
Tunstall W.

"Silent Auction Pro Review"

What do you like best?

Fairly easy system to learn. Check in and check out was very easy

What do you dislike?

not being able to see individual reports. Ex: just sponsorship reports

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think this was a good system to work with. I am a Special Events Manager, so I use auction software frequently. There is always room for improvement. I think it would be helpful in Silent Auction Pro to be able to pull special reports- such as JUST sponsorships, or just ticket sales.

Overall, it was fine to work with. I found it slightly more difficult than other software I have used in the past. However, I can say that their staff is TOP NOTCH and was there any time of day to answer any questions that I had- which I had ALOT working with a new system that I was not used to.

With our event, we did not use mobile bidding as the school did not want to. This is a MUST for the next auction our school has.

Silent Auction Pro review by Rich J.
Rich J.

"Silent Auction Pro is an Excellent Tool for Fundraisers"

What do you like best?

The program has all of tools a fundraising team could ask for, and more. I especially like the way I am able to get information in various formats to help manage bidders, seating assignments, ticket purchasers and attendees. The program does require a bit of time to get familiar with so that you know where to go to get the info you need. Fortunately, the support is excellent. Wait times are very quick and staff are conscientious in following up with you and even going above and beyond to make sure your event is a success. I cannot rate their support highly enough! Overall, they are a great partner throughout the event planning and execution cycle!

What do you dislike?

Not as intuitive as it possibly could be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of their excellent support

Holding our biggest fundraiser for our non-profit. Reducing costs, managing guests and ensuring expenses and revenue are properly tracked and accounted for.

Silent Auction Pro review by Tricia H.
Tricia H.

"Silent Auction Pro is the software to choose!!"

What do you like best?

There are many things that I liked about the software. Some of my favorite features are the reporting, easy navigation and setup features that were used for our online ticket sales. We did not use the bid number feature but have learned from this year; we will want to use that feature next year. Silent Auction Pro makes everything so easy. However, the one thing that makes them outstanding is their customer service. Anytime I had a question, they were there and they were there with the answer I needed.

What do you dislike?

There is not a perfect software for anything, everyone knows that. There are a couple of little things I would like to see differently but we will work together to come up with a solution for those items before the next event!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Silent Auction Pro is extremely professional, reliable and overall a fantastic software. The customer service is the best, especially when you talk to them several times on the day of your event. I was overly stressed about many things leading up to our event but my software was the one thing I had no worries about. I knew I could make a phone call or send an email and have a response immediately.

We used the software for our online ticket sales, tshirt sales and for tracking all of our donated items. Donation entry was easy and the reporting feature was great! We have learned that not using bidder numbers is a mistake, and we plan to implement that into our event next year.

Silent Auction Pro review by Farhad T.
Farhad T.

"The best value software with a minimum learning curve for our Rotary CLub"

What do you like best?

After an extensive search three years ago, we decided on SAP (Silent Auction Pro). It was the best decision we made. We have used it for three years and could not be more satisfied. It has totally eliminated many of the mundane manual process in running a Golf Fund Raiser for our Rotary Club.

What do you dislike?

They still have a few bugs but they are constantly fixing it. The issues are so minor that we hardly notice it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Given the Price/Benefit, this solution for a small non profit is by far the BEST.

Organizing a 100+ person event every year for a small community service Rotary Club is a major undertaking and SAP has helped in our efforts. The best part is being able to bring back any history from the prior years. This is HUGE.

Silent Auction Pro review by Ginny V.
Ginny V.

"Silent Auction Pro has drastically improved our school auction experience and profit!"

What do you like best?

The Silent Auction Pro team thinks of everything for you! As an elementary school auction co-chair, with a full-time job and two kiddos . . . putting on a school auction is a huge undertaking, and not my primary area of expertise, obviously! Silent Auction Pro has helped us transition from a paper only auction to a mobile bidding auction over the past several years. Their customer support is stellar. Always available to walk me through any question and figure out even the smallest question or concern. Their staff even searched for any potential problems the week of auction, found one and fixed it for me! They also helped trouble shoot bidder issues that popped up at the last minute. Truly excellent customer service! AND, their pricing is very competitive!

What do you dislike?

There is nothing in particular I dislike about the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Silent Auction Pro was a huge help for our nonprofit auction. Reasonably priced, with outstanding customer service!

Silent Auction Pro helped us transition from a paper based to a mobile bidding auction seamlessly - saving time and increasing profit! Our customers were huge fans of the mobile bidding, and the ability to check themselves out!

Silent Auction Pro review by Vestavia S.
Vestavia S.

"GREAT SOFTWARE! ESSENTIAL FOR ANY AUCTION!"

What do you like best?

The only reason our event was a such a HUGE success for us was Silent Auction Pro. You all provide great assistance and information to run an event. I have been extremely impressed with the friendliness and professionalism of your entire staff. Vantiv was an easy setup for the payment processing.

The thing we loved about SAP was the online and mobile bidding. Online and mobile bidding increased our revenue by nearly 200%. The system is so easy to manage, setup, and use... it is just crazy. The customer service is second to none.

Truly, a must for any auction...

If you wanna take your event to the next level, SAP is the way to go!

We love it and are sticking with SAP from here on out!

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike! As with any software, you must spend some time to get familiar with the system. Great customer service was there at every phone call of every minute before, during, and after the event! Service second to none!

Recommendations to others considering the product

GET IT! You won't be disappointed!

Use every option they have including the online/mobile bidding!

It will take your event to the next level!

Streamlining checkout at our event. This was huge! People just checked out and paid as soon as the auction was over via their phones! NO MORE LONG LINES AT CHECKOUT AND NO MORE PAPER! A HUGE SUCCESS!

Silent Auction Pro review by Tara R.
Tara R.

"Great & I hope to be able to use the software again next year for our event!"

What do you like best?

The customer service rep assigned to my case was FANTASTIC - in fact, she reached out to me more than I had to reach out to her. Whether I had a quick easy question or a BIG confusing question, I also felt more confident after talking to her.

What do you dislike?

The only drawback, and it isn't even really a drawback, is that the software can do SO much that I didn't even take advantage of. I am hoping that after learning the basics this time around, I can dig a little deeper next year and use more of the reports and functions that are available to me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the free trial option and really play around to learn all that is available with the software. And take advantage of the customer rep assigned to you - Becca was the best!

Safe & secure place to store and update contact information. Easy reports. Easy bid sheets. Streamlined check in and check out process.

Silent Auction Pro review by Kathleen F.
Kathleen F.

"Easy to use with a professional look!"

What do you like best?

The support provided by the team kept me moving forward. The were always quick to respond an get me the info I needed. The software is easy to use and pretty intuitive, once you spend a bit of time becoming familiar with it. Pricing was very fair.

What do you dislike?

I felt a bit on my own initially, like I had to figure it all out by myself, but once I reached out for assistance it was all great. I now realize that all I had to do was ask for help, the the staff was very helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate. It's great, easy to use, and will make you look like a pro!

We needed to raise fund from outside our normal constituents. Holding an online auction was the ideal way to accomplish this, and with this software, it was easy and looked very professional.

Silent Auction Pro review by Paul Y.
Paul Y.

"Very professional and easy to work with "

What do you like best?

The quick response to any question no matter how small or if we asked it before they were always ready to assist and wanted our experience to be the best and yes it was the best. The were eager to help and we felt that we had found a great partner to assist us. I would recommend them without any reservations. If you are looking for a online auction partner pursue Silent Auction Pro you will not be disappointed

What do you dislike?

There really is nothing that we disliked. Our first venture into online auction and it was great .

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes with out reservation

We have been doing a Silent Auction for over 10 years and we always wanted to take it up a notch and going online did just that took us to the next level.

Silent Auction Pro review by Lara K.
Lara K.

"Excellent Product"

What do you like best?

This is terrific software, especially for a smaller nonprofit. What sold the software to us is that when I inquired about it online on a Saturday, I got an immediate phone call from the owner of the company and software developer. This was very typical of all interaction with this company throughout our use of the software - we got immediate responses from support when we had questions, they understand that auctions happen on weekends and support needs to be available then, and when we found a few quirks in the software they were repaired immediately, often by the developer personally. We previously used Greater Giving and BidPal; all three have features that I like and don't like, but overall SilentAuctionPro is by far the best value for the price. The a la carte pricing is a huge benefit for nonprofits like ours that cannot use all features (i.e. online bidding). Overall, from last year to this year (BidPal to SilentAuctionPro), we went from about 100 to 195 attendees, from $25K gross to $45K gross, and from our worst checkout ever to our best. The instruction files, help menus, videos, etc were by the far the best of any nonprofit software we have used. We were invoiced after the auction for the software, which could be of great benefit for a nonprofit just starting out with their first auction.

What do you dislike?

I would love to be able to have a website where people can enter their own donations and have them populate as donation items in the system. There were a few quirks like the system not liking quote marks and ampersands. I would like for there to be a bit more explanation on the page about the security of registering your card as many of my guests weren't comfortable doing so at the time of ticket purchase. It would also be great to have more customization options for the ticket sales page. Because of the way we run our auction, I would very much prefer to be able to assign bidder #s to a household rather than to an individual, but this would have been fine if we had noticed it earlier and planned accordingly. I would also like to be able to customize a bit more on the receipts, include ticket descriptions, etc. I would have set up our fixed price items differently than we were advised to as I don't think it was the best option for our auction and was a bit of a hiccup, but in fairness it was something we didn't get to in advance and did on the fly, so it would have been avoidable with a little planning. Although the reports are generally pretty great, I did have to piece together a few to get to what I needed which could be a pain for someone with less Excel experience. Really minor, but because we can't use online bidding, I print our bidsheets on carbonless paper. Would very much prefer that the half sheet option printed as a 2up because I ended up reformatting them in Adobe to save printing cost.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely do your homework on auction software before going with one, especially if you have quirky needs. They all have different little quirks and strengths and weaknesses. Ideally, request a trial usage of the software and make sure it does everything you need. Enter sales, print receipts, etc.

We run a gala event at a horse farm, with a silent and live auction, ticket sales, item sales, and donations. We have limited internet and power capabilities and need a software product that makes administration simple and quick.

Silent Auction Pro review by Dessi F.
Dessi F.

"Silent Auction Pro has streamlined our events!"

What do you like best?

I love this that software handles everything for our entire event, not just the silent auction. We use it for ticket sales, to print out bid sheets and info sheets for our auction, to keep all the records and reports, for check out, for sending emails and letters to attendees and donors, and for generating tax receipts for donors.

What do you dislike?

When I do come across something I don't like or think could be improved I simply let them know at Silent Auction Pro and they are always willing to improve things based on my feedback. Their customer service is excellent!

I have solved the problem of having to use several different programs to run my events. It is also a benefit that all the information on donors and attendees is saved from each event. That makes subsequent events easier.

Silent Auction Pro review by Anne W.
Anne W.

"Using this system took our event to a whole new level."

What do you like best?

We are a day and boarding school, so using mobile bidding allowed our parents from around the world and around the country to participate in the silent auction even though they could not attend the event.

What do you dislike?

For people who are not tech savvy, there is a learning curve getting yourself set up to participate in mobile bidding. Some of our parents and grandparents became frustrated the first year and missed the social aspect of checking on the bidding sheets.

Tracking profit margins on items, who paid the night of the event, who still owes for items they "won" at the auction, exactly where you stand on any given day on ticket sales,, etc are all positive aspects of this program.

Silent Auction Pro review by Crystal D.
Crystal D.

"Best customer support around"

What do you like best?

This is a very user friendly platform, which allows for ease of use and training. There are a ton of how to's in the help section, if you can't find what you need in that section, their customer support team is top notch. We will be using this software for years to come.

What do you dislike?

Getting to different places within the software is a bit time consuming. It would be helpful to have frequently used shortcuts, placed within the software to be able to jump around quicker.

Having a one stop shop type of software has greatly simplified our fundraising efforts. this system is easy to use and can be used from processing tickets sales, to running reports and much more.

Silent Auction Pro review by Seth M.
Seth M.

"An Excellent First Time Experiene"

What do you like best?

Silent Auction Pro was a fantastic tool for us for our first online silent auction. It had enough flexibility to allow us to manage our unique online only use, it was fairly straightforward, and we didn't have a single bidder complaint about access. Our event went very smoothly!

Silent Auction Pro support was terrific, and the software was very good. It was easy to use, flexible, and when we had questions we could either find them on the help page, or the very helpful support team was quick to respond (including late into the night and on weekends).

What do you dislike?

The software wasn't always intuitive, so we ended up calling support a number of times. Often the answer was on the help page and we were either too lazy to find it, or didn't use the right search terms. That said, the support team was very quick to respond to our emails and calls, and very helpful.

We were able to run an entirely online silent auction, allowing bidders from across the country to participate. Amazingly, we did not get a single complaint from a bidder about ease of use and all but a couple of the almost 300 bidders were very clear on how it worked.

Silent Auction Pro review by Administrator

"Great Promotion Software "

What do you like best?

I love the ability of the promoter components. We were able to send out a bulk email to a large number of potential donors. Thank you letters after the event took minutes to print. Before, it took weeks for our volunteers to get the thank you's to donors and guests.

What do you dislike?

So far, I have liked everything. We did not use all of the features Silent Auction Pro offers, but are hoping to in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is worth the cost to our organization to use Silent Auction Pro. Our volunteers are limited and this makes the work much for efficient for those who give of their time to our event each year. Silent Auction Pro's coaches made the transition very easy for us and answered all of our questions.

We are reducing postage costs for our event, which is a major savings to our group. As we move forward, we can use Silent Auction Pro to better communicate with our guests and our donors.

Silent Auction Pro review by Jason W.
Jason W.

"Awesome Software for Auctions!"

What do you like best?

The friendly and knowledgeable customer service as well as the ease of use of the system. The system is extremely intuitive and easy to use especially during the event! I have tried more than a couple systems and have found Silent Auction Pro to be the best around!

What do you dislike?

The aesthetics of the back end are not real 'attractive'. The system is highly functional and easy to use, but would love to see a redesign of the look of the back end of the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize the full package offered for your event, especially the online bidding portion! It will greatly increase participation and your bids! We had people bidding after they left on their way home and even from the comfort of their own homes. The software helped us more than double our proceeds from last year!

We have streamlined the auction fundraiser we host annually. In the past, we used 3-4 systems to host our event, but SAP offers an all-in-one solution that is AWESOME! The benefits are tickets, auction items, silent auction items are all in one place and easy to navigate to in the system. The public URLs for ticket sales, auctions items, auction item viewing, and even a live event ticker for the event are some of the great functions!

Silent Auction Pro review by Irma G.
Irma G.

"Simplified Management of the Auction at our Non-Profit Event"

What do you like best?

From an administrative standpoint, the software helps you manage all aspects of the auction at your event.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to bid without creating an account first.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask lots of questions, be sure to include people in the review process that are very familiar with your event's registration, check-out and auction processes from prior years. Get a demo so you can see the functionality first-hand; a demo will help you assess the functionality's fit for your software needs.

We are a small non-profit with an equally small (but mighty) volunteer committee. This software allowed us to multiply ourselves before, during and after the event. It saved us countless man hours. Also, our attendees gave us positive feedback about their experience at our event, especially their ability to bid online.

Silent Auction Pro review by Kathleen Q.
Kathleen Q.

"Awesome Auction Software!"

What do you like best?

I can go back each year and have all my contacts and notes to request again. It makes the process much faster. I eliminate those that waste my time by not responding to requests and focus on those who are generous and always give. It has lots of reports which I found very helpful. Their price to use was reasonable.

What do you dislike?

There should be automatic reminders like charging the attendees 3% to use their credit card. I thought that was on from last year but it was not. It cost of almost $1,000 not having that activated. A couple of glitches were there. Most were corrected, only 1-2 there could not be fixed.

It makes our yearly fundraising event much easier to do. Our auction was flawless this year because of Silent Auction Pro

Silent Auction Pro review by Jennifer M.
Jennifer M.

"Silent Auction Pro Simplified Our Auction and Boosted Proceeds"

What do you like best?

Responsiveness of the vendor & ease of use

What do you dislike?

Limited ability to format display sheets

Recommendations to others considering the product

Silent Auction Pro is the best value we could find for online/mobile auction support. The interface is extremely easy to use, and the support is absolutely amazing. Consider the types of activities you want to support and determine which modules you will need to support it. I wish I had done a better job of this up front, as it saves you time in the long run because there are extra fields that become available when you enable new modules, and it's easier to fill these in as you are setting up.

We used Silent Auction Pro for our elementary school fundraiser. The fundraiser has been an annual tradition for many years, but this is the first year we introduced mobile and online bidding and auction administration through Silent Auction Pro. We have a decent sized auction, with approximately 200 items and roughly 250 bidders. Managing this level of auction with a manual process was difficult and time consuming, and once display sheets and labels were printed, it was really difficult to make additional changes. Silent Auction Pro allowed us to streamline the administration process and offer a much better experience to bidders at the auction. We were able to provide an auction preview and open bidding before our event. Preparing for checkout under the manual system was extremely stressful and challenging. With Silent Auction Pro, we were able to immediately begin checkout once the auction closed. We were also able to process cards and collect payment for people that didn't come to collect their items. The entire process was extremely smooth and we had many compliments on the experience. We also were able to increase the return on our auction items thanks to mobile bidding and alerts.

Silent Auction Pro review by Jennifer G.
Jennifer G.

"Best Bang For Your Buck "

What do you like best?

My organization, the Humane Society of Noble County, Inc. in Kendallville, Indiana, recently used this software at our annual Raise the WOOF gala for homeless pets. I recommend this company to anyone looking for an affordable, easy to use system. It was user-friendly for both our attendees and our check-in/check-out staff. The training and support received before the event was excellent, and (the INCLUDED) technical support staff went above and beyond the night of the event when we had a few users that had trouble with the system (which turned out to be simple password errors and nothing to do with the SAP software). We used a different software company in 2016 - it was ridiculously expensive, complicated to use and technical support was NOT included, but could be purchased for another astronomical amount. SAP had REAL people call us to touch base, they kept in contact with emails, and everything we wanted was included in this system. I will be recommending Silent Auction Pro to our next fundraising committee!

What do you dislike?

Absolutely nothing! SAP was easy to use, readily available, had no hidden fees, provided excellent customer and technical support. No complaints here!

Recommendations to others considering the product

SAP does everything it says it does with no inflated prices, PLUS you have 3 different packages to purchase. The technical support and training we received was wonderful! Someone was there for us every time we asked a question.

I am the executive director of a non profit that relies in donations to operate. I am constantly looking for ways to save money.

Silent Auction Pro review by Jayna B.
Jayna B.

"SilentAuctionPro made our first event a success!"

What do you like best?

Managing a majority of our transactions online through credit cards maximized the amount we were able to bring in by increasing bidding and making our "collections" process a breeze! No chasing down winners and having a one-stop shop for all ticket holders, their contact information, donations, bundles, etc. made everything quick and easy to manage. The support team was also great to work with, very responsive at all points in the process and everyone had great recommendations to make our first event smooth and easy to use!

What do you dislike?

There's not much. I did reformat some of our description sheets due to repeats within the bundles where multiple gift cards were grouped, but it was still very easy to use!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend SilentAuctionPro to anyone hosting a silent and/or live auction. Between the great customer service, the user friendliness and the advantages our event realized through this product over a manual system, it was definitely worth the investment! And the price point made it realistic for a small, first time user group like ours to take on with confidence.

We utilized SilentAuctionPro to manage our school's first silent/live auction gala fundraiser. With the help of SilentAuctionPro we were able to exceed our expectations and meet our goal of paying for our school's first playground!

Silent Auction Pro review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Excellent for our preschool auction"

What do you like best?

We love the support that is provided free of charge. It really helps when you aren't great with computers to know that there's help a phone call or email away. And, we were surprised at how quickly we learned the system, too.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything I dislike about the software, only things to do differently at our next event to better use silent auction pro. One would be to sell tickets through silent auction pro so that people both purchase their tickets and also register to bid all at once. We thought selling tickets through the site we used before would be easier, but doing everything in one spot will be much easier.

Having the parent job at our preschool of keeping track of donations, printing out bid sheets and adding up winning bids by person used to be the worst job at our school. Now, it is the easiest job because of Silent Auction Pro. One of the biggest benefits is the check in and check out time--we no longer have to make people wait to check in or really wait for check out. We used to have people ask us every five minutes what their total was--it was really stressful to answer those questions while also having to concentrate on adding up each person's winnings--silent auction pro does all of that for you. We also really like how it keeps volunteers organized, each having a set of people to contact so that different people don't ask the same company for donations twice.

Silent Auction Pro review by Cathleen K.
Cathleen K.

"Great Tool, Great Price, Great Customer Service"

What do you like best?

It was great switching to this cloud-based tool so our whole team could use it. Our event guests raved about the fast checkout lines since we used the integrated credit card swiping feature. The customer support was fabulous. The help pages are very thorough and all of my questions and concerns were addressed very quickly - often within and hour. We raised more money at our event this year and any of our past 11 events, so it was a great investment!

What do you dislike?

Some of the exports, reports, and templates are not as customizable as I would like, but certainly very usable.

We switched to Silent Auction Pro because we wanted a networked tool with Online Auction capability and integrated credit card features. Everything ran very smoothly. Out guests were impressed with the look of the online auction and the ease (and short lines) of check-out.

Silent Auction Pro review by Sarah S.
Sarah S.

"Silent Auction Pro helped us nail our event"

What do you like best?

Using their online ticketing meant virtually no one had to check in, and check-out was a breeze. Even the usual unsolved mysteries were easier to wrap up with the registered credit card thing. Winning entry also super easy. LOVED being able to ping winners with a text message. It was pretty seamless. The service was amazing too. Support responded to questions really fast, and the milestone reminder e-mails were very helpful.

What do you dislike?

I don't have much to dislike about the software. I ended up making my own bid sheets with mail merge, but I'm super picky, and we only had 60 items, so manually doing the bid increments was not a big deal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the price point, I think it's the best there is. It does everything you need it to.

We used Silent Auction Pro for a School Gala Auction, which raised money for our arts program.

Silent Auction Pro review by Gary P.
Gary P.

"Easy to use and provided quick information and billing at end of our auction"

What do you like best?

The support provided by the software company. No matter what or when my question occurred I got a thorough and helpful response.

What do you dislike?

Some parts were not quite as intuitive as we might have liked. (Such as when donors agreed to repeat a gift during the auction..) Although,when it was explained, it was really quite easy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Practice with the trial program, watch the videos (they are especially helpful), don't be afraid to ask questions, there staff is very helpful.

It has has made the organization of the auction much easier. Tracking donations, then at the time of the auction the entry of winning bids, quick production of billings statements and efficient payment via pre-approved credit cards.

Silent Auction Pro review by Shari A.
Shari A.

"Silent Auction Pro took this event to a new level"

What do you like best?

Really appreciated the modular options and the simplicity with how they describe the benefits of each module. Interface was nice, simple and mostly intuitive. Wasn't afraid to "click around" and get to know the system.

What do you dislike?

There were very few hiccups for us. There were just a couple of workflow pieces that weren't fully explained on their help support but the team replied so quickly to my email queries that it never slowed us down!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Such a reasonable price for super customer service and ease of use. They truly "rooted" for us in the days leading up to our event and stayed in contact throughout. I emailed many questions in the weeks leading up to our auction and they never wavered in their timely responses.

We have a silent auction as part of a large public two-day art festival. Using mobile bidding made perfect sense since guests only walked through the silent auction area as they entered the festival. Going mobile allowed them to make additional bids without the need to return to check the bid sheet. Not all guests embraced going mobile, but the percentage of multiple bids per item skyrocketed.

Silent Auction Pro review by Administrator in Consumer Goods
Administrator in Consumer Goods

"Great Program and Awesome Service!"

What do you like best?

I found this system to be very user friendly. The few times that I had questions or needed assistance, the Silent Auction Pro team was quick to respond and made things much more simple than I was trying to make it. This was our first time doing an online silent auction and I feel that this was PERFECT for us! I was also very pleased with the ability to post pictures and lengthy descriptions with the items we were auctioning off. The payment process for the auction winners was wonderful! They were able to quickly pay and the reports that the system provided to us truly made delivery and follow up easy for us.

What do you dislike?

The only issue that I had was that this system seems to be set up for those who are having "an event" along with the silent auction. Sometimes, that made things a little confusing for me as we were only doing the online auction. A couple of little changes could be made for those who do not have events so that there are options for both types.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for an Online Silent Auction program for your organization - you cannot do any better than this!

We are a small Kiwanis Club which does not have many options when doing fundraising. A lot of other programs tend to be geared towards large clubs and organizations - Silent Auction Pro was not. The benefits are simple - Ease Of Use, Great Customer Service, Awesome Auction Site = Income For Us To Better Serve Our Community.

Silent Auction Pro review by Leah D.
Leah D.

"Great Experience with Silent Auction Pro"

What do you like best?

We used Silent Auction Pro for the 2nd year in a row for our event. Our auction was 100% online so that families who attended the event could participate as well as many others.

We received very helpful support in using the system. We were able to easily send messages, open and close bidding and showcase auction items online.

Overall, I'm very pleased with the system.

What do you dislike?

My only criticism is that auction item photos really can't be seen in the mobile app. The appearance is much better on a PC.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When comparing price and service, I would recommend this product over other similar ones on the market.

The cost of the program compared to others used for an online silent auction is great.

Silent Auction Pro review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Silent Auction Pro helped us raise more this year than ever!"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of the bidding, once you are bidding, you are notified when you are outbid, you can also do a "maximum" and the system will bid for you until that maximum is met, then you are notified via text or email.

What do you dislike?

I wish it had an app... The mobile site works ok, but having to go to your browser and login can be cumbersome at times, I feel if there was an app, that would be best and most efficient, easiest to access quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set up automatic texts and test them out before the event. Our system had a glitch that could not really be explained to me. This was a bit frustrating when I set them all up ahead of time and was depending on them.

We have raised money for technology enhancements in our Preschool-Grade 12 school as well as professional development for our faculty/staff so those benefits are far reaching.

Silent Auction Pro review by Karima A.
Karima A.

"Responsive & Smart Event Mgmt Software"

What do you like best?

Reports are easy and accurate, registration & silent auction check out are a breeze. Support staff is knowledgeable and available.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were an annual membership, easier data share to Raiser's Edge, and either an app or a way to text bidders a link with their info and card on file without having to have them create/remember login info and re-enter CC info. However, SAP team is great with feedback and constantly making improvements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider the potential savings using the entire event management software and ticket sales through the product as CC merchant fees are incredibly competitive.

Increase in # of bids/people bidder on auction items. Ability to recall and store event trends and data which is incredibly valuable.

Silent Auction Pro review by Chloe  D.
Chloe D.

"My go-to online silent auction platform"

What do you like best?

I like that once you're fully trained in Silent Auction Pro the sky is the limit.

What do you dislike?

I wish it worked better for checkout and online bidding. I recently used BidPal at a friends event and though it wasn't perfect, they have definitely advanced with their seamless check-in,check-out, and online bidding options.

Silent Auction Pro is an all-in one package. I like that guests can purchase their tickets directly on the website and also preview the silent auction items beforehand.

Silent Auction Pro review by Amy A.
Amy A.

"Silent Auction Pro allowed us to manage over 400 auction items at our annual event."

What do you like best?

Silent Auction Pro allows us to manage a high volume of donators, donations, auction items, bidders, etc. Customer support is great, they are always available to answer my questions timely. Loved the phone call the day before the event to share the 800 number. Love that we can email receipts to winners. Love that we can notify winners via email or text once a table is processed. Like that you can have multiple users at same time, especially at event day, doing data input, checking in bidders, checking out winners.

What do you dislike?

1) Certain characters are not liked by the program (inch symbol, & symbol), especially when exporting to excel. 2) Bid sheet area to write in bids is too crowded, would like options to modify bid sheet layout, not sure if we can or not but would like opportunity to export bid sheets to a file and add "NO BIDS" on back side of page 3) Price went up from last year, both module cost and %. 4) Would like more options to print vs export and when exporting to design what fields and sort order, especially on sold items 5) Dont like that when you create duplicate items that they are linked and then if one is not sold it cannot be deleted without deleting them both 6) When you update an auction item, you go back to the donation, update, then update auction item. It does not always take the updated title from the donation as the new title of the auction item. Cannot figure out why. 7) would like the name on the bid sheets to be larger font, as we had two bidders get the wrong cards and not know that it was not their name at the top 8) Would like bidders to write more clearly :) (I know, out our your control) 9) Would like a quicker way to see what auction items have no bids at the end of the event instead of scrolling through the page

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have not reviewed any other auction software, so have nothing to compare. SAPro was easy to learn and we are making it work. My suggestions are only to make enhancements on a system that is already working.

We used to do this all in excel, that we before my time, I cannot image trying to do this without an auction software. It has it's quirks, but we could not do this without it.

Silent Auction Pro review by Kim B.
Kim B.

"Great Product - Great Support!"

What do you like best?

The price structure allows you to buy the components that you need and not pay for parts that you will not use. This makes this product affordable for even smaller non-profits. I love the fact that they capture your data and keep it for up to a year. This means that when you run your next event you don't have to start from scratch. You have a list of sponsors, donors, and attendees. It is easy to contact them via email and get your next event kicked-off. In addition to all the great features, the support team is fantastic. Overall, the application is easy to learn.

What do you dislike?

Some of the screens are a bit busy. What do I mean by that? Some screens have a lot of information and fields on them and it sometimes makes it difficult to find what you are looking for. This really isn't a big problem. Once you learn how the program works it all makes sense.

I help organize several charitable events a year. Some are quite large. The online ticket and sponsorship component really help streamline ticket sales. The Silent Auction functionality helps organize your donations and auction items. Being able to print bid sheets and bidder numbers or paddles helps save time. The express check-out functions helps improve check-times.

Silent Auction Pro review by Administrator in Professional Training & Coaching
Administrator in Professional Training & Coaching

"Easy, Powerful, Service A+"

What do you like best?

Silent Auction Pro has been a great tool for our school fundraising. We're really not tech types so it's ease of use, and especially the detailed help menu with videos was outstanding. I also must commend their customer service - email and phone - for absolutely being there for us. Jim even responded to me on a holiday weekend, AND made a program guide fix that I asked for within a few hours. Unbelievable service.

What do you dislike?

The printed program guide was a bit clunky...no pictures, too much description...but it was easy to fix after uploading to Word. Not much else!

Fundraising for school via a silent and live auction. Made $32K in one night using Silent Auction Pro to organize, marketing, track, and collect money on the auction.

Silent Auction Pro review by Stacey Leigh M.
Stacey Leigh M.

"Great Software, Great Price"

What do you like best?

Silent Auction Pro is a full featured auction and ticket software that is easy to learn and easy to use. The instructions in the Help section are very thorough. When I had questions, I was able to reach someone right away, and whomever I spoke with was very helpful. An event agent called me the day before and the day of the event, to help with any last minute issues. Although the front end interface is not fancy, our guests found the site easy to use. Silent Auction Pro offered the best, most economical price structure of all the Auction Software, and I did a lengthy comparison in a spreadsheet of all the auction software out there. (Since we are a non-profit, we want to make the best use of our donor funds.)

I was able to get full reports and all the information I needed about our ticket purchasers and on our event auction from SAP.

What do you dislike?

The front end interface, what our ticket purchasers see, is not as visually appealing as I would like. But this is a minor criticism. I was very pleased with this software and will use it again for our next event. I also feel confident that I can easily teach it to others in our organization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Silent Auction Pro for any non-profit who needs hand holding with set up, and who is watching their pennies, but needs a full featured software.

We needed full featured auction and ticketing software for our fundraising event, but most of the software out there was very pricey. Some wanted way too high a percentage of funds raised. Some software was less expensive but did not have all the features we needed. Silent Auction Pro was easy to use, priced right, and full featured.

Silent Auction Pro review by Administrator in Banking
Administrator in Banking

"Silent Auction Pro Is The BEST"

What do you like best?

Silent Auction Pro's platform is a must for any small to medium non-profit that is holding a fundraiser. They software is easy to use, allows us to track donations, registrations, etc. and made our entire process simple. Their support team was amazing and helped us with all of our questions, even during late night planning sessions - someone is always available to assist.

What do you dislike?

It is hard to find a dislike, but it would be nice to see a few enhancements for check in that I know they are already working on. It would be nice to physically check someone in even if they preregistered so we can keep track of who is there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it!!!!

We used Silent Auction Pro to assist with our Foundation's annual fundraiser.

Silent Auction Pro review by Leslie L.
Leslie L.

"Solid software support for auctions of any size"

What do you like best?

Silent Auction Pro was very helpful in getting and staying organized for our auction. It is a fairly complex bit of software, so the first-time user may be a little daunted by all the options, but the support staff is always (And I do mean pretty much Always) available to explain things, and to help you figure out any issues. They can log in and look at your event with you, and give you real feedback, rather than just general suggestions, which is a huge help. The video instructional resources are also much more helpful that a printed set of instructions and are available on YouTube. Selling tickets online is very helpful, and the partnership that SAP has with Vantiv is a great feature. The folks at Vantiv are also very easy to work with and setting up the merchant account to accept credit cards was very smooth. The SilentAuction Pro software was very helpful in helping us organize the auction and get the results easily and in a timely manner. It also allowed us to analyze the categories of items that did best with our audience.

What do you dislike?

We did have an issue that caused us some delay and confusion. We had some Celebrity Dinners that we knew would generate a lot of interest and would have multiple winners. We didn't want to use the set price option that is offered for multiple winners because we wanted the competition. We ended up with some delay at checkout because we weren't prepared for how to keep track of the multiple winners in that situation. However, I think that closer consultation with SAP's support staff in advance could have helped us avoid most of the delay (and all of the confusion). We also think that there should be a non-profit rate because the fees charged by the software in addition to the fees charged by Vantiv add up and take away from the mission of our organization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You get what you pay for. We bought just the Core and Auction Day, and that was fine for our medium-sized auction (around 100 items and 150 attendees). A bigger event could definitely have benefited from the features of the Auction Promoter, but we were able to sell tickets online and print all the materials that were needed with the package we got. If we had more donors and items, we would have definitely liked to have the letter writing function. I have used this software with 2 different non-profits, and knowing what you need on the back end (acknowledgements, bid sheets, different types of bidding for items like multiple winners for top bidders) will hep you enter your donations and create your auction item better for easier check out and tracking.

We raised funds to meet our operating budget. The programs we support are mostly social justice activities as well as children and youth and an adult choir. This event was paired with a free event, a talent show, which drew in additional members from outside our congregation. The tickets we sold were for attending the silent auction and reception. We exceeded our fundraising goal by 50% with this event! We have gained a reputation for putting on a good party and auction!

Silent Auction Pro review by Louis V.
Louis V.

"Outstanding Support and Easy To Use"

What do you like best?

Checking in and out for all attendees. High use of Bidding and reporting. Ease of use entering donations and creating Auction items.

What do you dislike?

There was nothing that I disliked about this product except that it would need the ability to have multi winners.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I 100% recommend this tool for small to large non-profit foundations/Organizations

The main problem we had at all of our events was the Checkin process and checkout process. Both were easy to resolve with Silent Auction Pro (SAP). Another common issue we had was the ability to grab more bids per item. We found a major increase in bidding with SAP. Along with this tool, we are now able to see what and who donated items as in the past we were not able to track this. Having the ability to now see the percent return on auction items which we never had before.

Silent Auction Pro review by Administrator

"Silent Auction Pro is Key"

What do you like best?

SAP is a great tool to track donations, guests, profits and more. We've used SAP for many many years. They continually improve their software and somehow keep it easy to administer. They have great customer support. You can go back to your events year after year and compare the strengths and weaknesses. SAP helps you work smarter and not reinvent the wheel every time you host an event.

What do you dislike?

SAP has been wise to improve their software year after year. Their customer support is friendly and helpful. If you are unhappy with your experience it is because you have not saught after the support that is available to you.

Our Spring for Education Auction is a good chunk of our annual fundraising. SAP can be used for big and small events. We like the ability to compare and contrast our events over the years to help us create the most successful and enjoyable events each year.

Silent Auction Pro review by Heather D.
Heather D.

"Silent Auction Pro Support is Terrific!"

What do you like best?

We do periodic fundraising and events. When we have procedural questions or need to resolve an issue, Silent Auction Pro Support is super quick and very thorough.

The software functionality is great when it is time to wrap up the evening. All the parts and pieces work together seamlessly.

A small detail: being able to immediately copy a donation from a prior year for Silent Auction (very helpful)

What do you dislike?

We are very happy with SilentAuction Pro

Consolidating our information for attendees and donors.

Silent Auction Pro review by Kristin E.
Kristin E.

"Looking forward to next year all over again!"

What do you like best?

I love their customer service. Someone seems to always be available and everyone really helped with any questions I had.

What do you dislike?

There is only one feature I would like in the auction and they are already working on getting that up and running in a few months. Our Teachers auction themselves off to 5 of the highest bidders (to go out for ice cream or something ) and we look forward to an easy way to offer that to our families. As I said, Silent Auction Pro really listens!

We made more money at our fundraiser this year thanw e ever have before and I attribute that to Silent Auction Pro.

Silent Auction Pro review by Administrator in Utilities
Administrator in Utilities

"SAP helps Small troop have big fundraiser!"

What do you like best?

SAP allows a small group of people to organize a complicated auction. The ability to enter donations, create spreadsheets to ensure all donations are accounted for, print bid sheets and analyze the data is so valuable. We started our auctions years ago using a spreadsheet, and mail merge to create bid sheets. We had no online presence so unless you came to our site you couldn't bid on our donations. Use of SAP changed everything, check out is now so much faster and easier and we reach a lot more people.

What do you dislike?

Sometime spreadsheets get a little quirky when you have grouped donations into one auction item or have long descriptions. Very minor item though and easy to fix once you download.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool, priced good. We are able to reach more people and therefore raise more money for our non-profit.

We are doing fund raising for non-profit organization. We have been able to reach more people, have better quality and offer better experience for the auction workers and participants alike.

"Best Results Ever"

What do you like best?

This was the first time to use Silent Auction Pro and I was reluctant to change from our previous method. The Support Staff from Silent Auction Pro was very helpful and spoke in Layman's terms when explaining the features and how to do something. I called several times and only needed to leave a message once. Someone answered almost every time. The Videos are outstanding.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to cause me to change software, but I don't like that contacts don't renumber for subsequent events. That is, Mr. 101 will always be Mr. 101 at all of our events. This will create holes in prepared number sequences that will cause extra work for the organizers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of their personal on line live demonstration for your group. Watch the training videos

Our prior events depended on little blue thingies plugged into cell phones for credit card transactions. That method is totally useless in my opinion, plus we were not able to keep credit cards on file during the event. Silent Auction Pro and their merchant vendors solved that in a way that made the event less stressful.

Silent Auction Pro review by Administrator

"Great software, support and features."

What do you like best?

I really liked the communication features. I was able to send text reminders and custom thank you's to bidders and donors easily! It was so simple to customize a personalized message to all those who contributed to the auction without having to re-collect, organize and merge their contact information. I also LOVED how simple the check out process is. Our team used only the mobile bidding aspect of the software and the bidding and checkout process was extremely simple and streamline for myself and the bidders.

What do you dislike?

I was provided with the winning bid information, however there wasn't any documentation on the additional donations provided by bidders at checkout. For example, a bidder may have won an item at $50 but at check out donated an additional $20. That additional $20 wasn't indicated on any report that I found and had to manually subtract my Paypal income with each transaction to make sure that money was accounted for and documented.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I had a great experience! This was the first year that they offered PayPal as a processor and will admittedly say that I struggled immensely to get it set up/synced with my Silent Auction Pro account. I was one of the first few customers to attempt utilizing it and was hopefully able to help trouble shoot some issues for customers to come. However, once I did get my account finalized it was a total breeze and once it's set up you don't ever have to do it again! Every question I had the team was right there to help and provided fantastic support even as I became frustrated. My advice would be to give yourself plenty of time to set up and test your PayPal account prior to your launch date. Despite my initial struggle, I'll be using PayPal again so don't be discouraged from giving it a try!

Silent auction pro helped us to continue to raise money in a fun, hands on way that didn't involve mail/email solicitations. It helped me realize, or rather confirm, that people seem to be more willing to give if they're gaining something in return.

Silent Auction Pro review by Administrator in Construction
Administrator in Construction

"Happy Organizer & Bidder"

What do you like best?

The support that SAP provides is so great.

What do you dislike?

Configuring the merchant account(s) can take a little longer because you have to work with a 3rd party. However, you will find this with any other bidding program. It is not exclusive to SAP

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to set up the software on the front end, so it can work for you on the back end.

We use SAP for a charity event. We used to use the paper method and check out was a nightmare. SAP has streamlined our checkout process. Another specific benefit is the ability for users to add an additional donation if desired.

Silent Auction Pro review by Daniel H.
Daniel H.

"Must Have Software"

What do you like best?

The software is easy to use, continuously being updated to make the experience better, and they have the best customer support I've ever experienced.

What do you dislike?

There is not anything I dislike. I had few things thought could be better and they took the time to listen about potential improvements. They care about the user experience.

Silent and live auction for as fundraiser

Silent Auction Pro review by Emma L.
Emma L.

"Best Thing we Did!"

What do you like best?

The efficiency and simplicity. It was easy to use and made the day run so smooth.

What do you dislike?

None that I can think of. If there was any it was nothing that the customer service team couldn't fix.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Silent Auction Pro made our auction day efficient and smooth. I have been the auction chair of our gala for 5 years and we have never had a check out take 20 minute. Having everything automated made our lives stress-free. All of the guests were happy. What a great program. We thank Silent Auction Pro for all the great service. We recommend the program hands-down.

We went from a paper system to the Silent Auction Pro program and it was flawless. We will never use a paper system again!

Silent Auction Pro review by Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education
Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education

"User friendly, helpful service"

What do you like best?

The best feature is its simplicity. I find the system very easy to use, and the few times I have had issues, the customer service is top-notch. I received helpful answers back within moments. They have you tube videos available to walk you through some of the more complicated oprations.

What do you dislike?

We use silentauctionpro to run a fund raising auction and golf outing. My biggest complaint is having to pay for it since every dollar makes a difference for our organization.

The amount of time I save as the chair is tremendous. Silent Auction Pro creates information sheets, gift certificates, bid sheets, tracking the bids- which were all functions I had to create on my own.

Silent Auction Pro review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Thank you Silent Auction Pro!"

What do you like best?

Customer support! Even during our event! So easy to use!

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike! This made our lives so much easier than the previous years of doing everything by hand, using Excel spreadsheets for everything from items donated, dinner tickets sold/reservations, calculating winning bidders and their multiple items by hand, etc. Thank you Silent Auction Pro!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate to use this software. Excellent customer support; excellent tutorials online. Using this software is EASY!

We've been doing our Silent Auction event for years on our own without any support software. What were we thinking? This is awesome software, made our lives so much easier with the ease of bundling donated items, calculating winning bid sheets is no longer necessary, adding Fund-A-Need donations was a breeze, and check-out was painless! Silent Auction Pro is a no-brainer. Well worth the money spent!

Silent Auction Pro review by Administrator in Utilities
Administrator in Utilities

"Silent Auction Pro is a true asset to a charity event"

What do you like best?

Silent Auction Pro offers features and functionality that we were able to use all through our event. Donation entry was intuitive and loved that we could bring in items that the donor has donated before so that we didn't have to retype everything on repeat donations. The demo environment allowed us to get volunteer committee members up to speed quickly and also allowed us to practice on some creative set up to meet our auction needs. We used the ticketing feature to offer a variety of ticket options, some only displaying with a promo code, and love the addition of the asking for the email address for a ticket purchasers' guests. This made it really simple to reach all attendees with the marketing tools. Allowing the ticket purchasers to select the meal, or any other item we programmed made the table/catering coordination easy. We used the marketing features to promote the event to our attendees as well as help them feel connected to the event that was a couple months away. We set up an online auction the week before our event and people loved it! The online auction was open to the public so it allowed parents to share with friends and family that weren’t planning on attending. We posted the event auction items on the online auction as “previews” to entice bidders to attend to get a chance at the rest of the silent and live items. We did our own check in/out this year with volunteers instead of having to purchase a consultant to run it for us and it was a great success. We were the most knowledgeable about the auction and knew the attendees so it was an enjoyable experience for the attendees. Reporting is good, check in/out is all on one page, the system performance is great and I loved that we could access the system even from our smart phone browser to check on things, make changes etc. any time, any where. Customer support was outstanding! I sent emails at all times of the day and had answers back always within 24 hours, but most times within 30-60 minutes.

What do you dislike?

Special characters aren't allowed in donation title so we had to change once they got loaded as an auction item. Special characters in the description like " for inch threw off the formatting of the data export to excel. Reporting is good, but would have liked a few more reports or the ability to create ad hoc reports. We found one report provided this item, but another report provided this item so we had to export to excel and do look up functions which is tedious to do each time. Would like more options for formatting of bid sheets, and also would like to see some additional options with displaying, leveraging the "Donation Tag" feature which is critical for us as our teams need to be identified.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the very informative help document that is available within the system, watch the videos for easy set up, and use the demo site to do all the practicing.

Ease of use for new committee members every year. Ability to quickly and easily enter and track items, set up the auction, and not have to rely on an outside ticketing company or consultants to run parts of the auction. This help keep the work down and the costs down.

Silent Auction Pro review by Teresa  C.
Teresa C.

"My experience with Silent Auction Pro was excellent "

What do you like best?

The customer service was amazing. They went above and beyond to help me through the process of set-up and helping me figure it all out. SAP made check-out so fast and simple too.

What do you dislike?

Setting up our PayPal merchant account was very difficult. But that was not SAP's fault. Because of them, I was able to get it set up and working.

Registration and check out for our event was a breeze. Also, SAP was huge in maintaining the auction and made record keeping so much easier.

Silent Auction Pro review by Debbie W.
Debbie W.

"Love the support!"

What do you like best?

The absolute best support you could ask for. There is a great help menu, timely emails and phone call touches. And you can talk to a real person when you need to. We keep discovering news ways the product supports our efforts. We are growing with it!

What do you dislike?

It takes awhile to get used to the system, but that changed as we began to understand more about how it was set up and understand the terminology used.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We began using Silent Action Pro based on a recommendation. I would highly recommend to others.

Organization, reporting, marketing

Silent Auction Pro review by Administrator in Recreational Facilities and Services
Administrator in Recreational Facilities and Services

"Best Event Yet!"

What do you like best?

We knew we were struggling with check in and check out lines and not giving our guests the best possible experience at our annual gala event. I did some research and found Silent Auction Pro. We were able to call and get a demo the next day - we couldn't believe how user friendly the system was and how much it would cut down on the time it took us to manually create packages and create display sheets. I was also excited about how easy it would be to send a thank you to event attendees, bidders and donors the day after the event. I also had access to all sorts of reports following our gala and could quickly generate statistics from the event. This all usually takes me up to a week after the event to pull all the information. We received great feedback on the ease of use - we jumped right in and used the mobile bidding. Guests of all ages could use their smartphone or go to a kiosk in the room to quickly place bids and receive notifications if they had been outbid, leaving them more time to socialize with other guests. Customer service was awesome - we had a question during the event, we called and talked to someone right away who walked us through exactly what we needed to do. Overall we are very happy with the experience and will use Silent Auction Pro for our event again next year!

What do you dislike?

If I had to pick one thing, it would be in regards to bidder/donor records. We'd like the ability to delete a bidder as well as assign our own bidder numbers to guests. Other than this one small item, we had zero complaints!

For us, we wanted to make the experience for our staff, donors and attendees feel easy and this has absolutely done that. This has streamlined many aspects of the record keeping which has enabled us to do a better job recognizing and thanking our guests and donors.

Silent Auction Pro review by Wendell C.
Wendell C.

"Great software and great service"

What do you like best?

The ease of use. It is very easy to set up and the help menu is very detailed and easy to understand.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I do not like is that email to donors are limited is size

We have been using the software since 2013. It makes running an event very easy. The fact that is save attendees inform from each event save a significant amount of time. I could not imagine doing an event without it.

Silent Auction Pro review by Alexandra K.
Alexandra K.

"Auction Game Changer"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, amazing customer service, variety of features available

What do you dislike?

I wish our contact list would be archived and able to start fresh each year as an option.

Our biggest fundraiser is a silent auction event. We raised more money once we switched to SAP and people were able to bid even if they weren’t able to attend. It is very helpful to be able to go back and see who won certain items the year before and what they went for.

Silent Auction Pro review by Administrator

"Silent Auction Pro is a Class Act"

What do you like best?

This was our first experience with mobile bidding, and the support team was there for us with every question and email answered within minutes! That was invaluable , especially the night of our event.

What do you dislike?

I would have appreciated a few more specific training videos and sequential steps to follow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We chose Silent Auction Pro over 4 other platforms based on their cost, plus this was the only one that offered donation requests letters in their templates.

Ease of running our annual Gala and Silent Auction. Our guests indicated they liked the mobile platform of bidding - once they got used to it. We almost doubled the amount of bidders over last year, with 20% less attendees at the event.

Silent Auction Pro review by User

"Silent Auction Pro "

What do you like best?

It has all of the functionality needed for an event of any size. Customer service is beyond our expectations. Easy to use and navigate.

What do you dislike?

We have not found anything that we dislike

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very user friendly once you understand the system. It has everything you need to hold a successful event. We are very pleased with the product and will continue to use for all of our events. Silent Auction Pro has thought of everything to help your event.

Silent Auction Pro helps guide you to a successful event. They give you suggestions as well. We are very pleased with the software, ease of use, price and customer service is extremely helpful at all times - even on the weekends.

Silent Auction Pro review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Best Auction Software with Great Customer Support"

What do you like best?

SAP has everything needed for an auction

What do you dislike?

Editor for notes is limited without the ability to style or include images and format like in MS Word or similar program. It would be great if you could do more than a basic email editor to create donor letters or thank you notes.

Silent Auction Pro is thorough and makes setting up an auction easy. The reports are very useful and their customer support team are incredible, timely and so happy to help at any time of day.

Silent Auction Pro review by Jeff A.
Jeff A.

"Great software and outstanding customer service"

What do you like best?

This software had all of the feature that we needed and was easy to use. The customer support experience was outstanding - everyone we came in contact with was friendly and knowledgeable. They were very proactive in making sure we had all of the information we needed for our event. We have already recommended Silent Auction Pro to others.

What do you dislike?

I can honestly say that we had no negative experiences with Silent Auction Pro.

We used Silent Auction Pro to manage the silent auction at our fundraiser. We plan to utilize even more of their features when we use them again next year!

Silent Auction Pro review by Administrator

"Excellent Tool for Fundraisers"

What do you like best?

I think the site is excellent. It is very user friendly and easy to use. We have used it for the past three years and had great success in our fundraising. Any problems that we had were solved quickly by the FAQ section or technical support. The site works very well and the fees are reasonable. I highly recommend Silent Auction Pro.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about the service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend

We have increased our profits in our silent auction considerably, and it makes it so easy to have an auction. We hold our auction 100% online now and it is has really raised our revenue.

Silent Auction Pro review by Jennifer K.
Jennifer K.

"Awesome software!"

What do you like best?

SAP is easy to use, easy to navigate, intuitive, and streamlined. Also, it is SO affordable! Customer service is readily available, there are tutorials, and video demos all of which help in answering questions quickly.

What do you dislike?

Setting up the credit card processing was involved but we only had to do it once. Now it is ready for all the events we have planned.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You won't find a better product for the money and the service.

The biggest plus is the time saved from not MANUALLY creating bid sheets, tracking items, and calculating profits.

Silent Auction Pro review by Hal S.
Hal S.

"The Kiwanis Club North Lake Tahoe has used Silent Auction Pro for many years. "

What do you like best?

It is very user friendly. Anyone can be up and running in no time at all.

What do you dislike?

Can't think of a thing, it is n outstanding product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Kiwanis Club North Lake Tahoe has used Silent Auction Pro since it was first written to support our annual fund raiser. It is everything that we could hope for.

Our Kiwanis Club holds on major fund raiser per year. Silent Auction Pro has made it so easy for our club members that it has increased participation.

Silent Auction Pro review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Great Software - User Friendly"

What do you like best?

Very straight forward from first time used it. Easy to customize for your needs. I have used it for a variety of different auction types.

What do you dislike?

Hard to come up with much I don't like. Wish the system had a way to generate a custom website for my online auction items, Live auction viewings and ticket purchase page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Call and talk to the sales group then ask to speak to some of the product users.

Has totally streamlined the whole auction process from gathering donations, entering in contacts and managing an event. The events are much easier to plan and execute which allows up to have more successful events.

Silent Auction Pro review by Administrator in Legal Services
Administrator in Legal Services

"My organization was a Silent Auction Pro user for the first time, and it worked great!"

What do you like best?

It was easy to use, the users liked it and found it easy to use, and it helped our organization improve the results of our fund raising event.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. The customer support for Silent Auction Pro was especially outstanding, which is a critical component of such a product and paramount for success.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Silent Auction Pro to any organization, large or small.

Our biggest benefit was the streamlining and improvements to the checkout process at our fund raising event. It also made check-in easier, improved the collection of funds for fund-a-need donations, and improved the overall revenue receipts for the event.

Silent Auction Pro review by Susan D.
Susan D.

"Great for small operation"

What do you like best?

The customer support is very helpful and easy to reach.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to see more levels of access for group members.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a great product that is easier to begin using.

We have used Silent Auction Pro to more effectively track our donations and the rate of return. This has helped us recognize those items which produce a greater profit.

"Silent Auction Pro"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and the customer support. Everyone is very knowledgeable and helpful. The software is easy to use and everything runs smoothly during the event.

What do you dislike?

I didn't have any dislikes. The person who did the thank you letters found the editing process hard and did not like using it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have thought of all situations involved in implementing and running an auction. It is very user friendly and the customer service is tremendous.

The Auction is so much easier to set up and run now.

Silent Auction Pro review by User

"Great Fundraising Tool!"

What do you like best?

Silent Auction Pro has been a great asset to our school's Annual Dinner Auction. The database allows for multiple volunteers to stay connected and organized!

What do you dislike?

At this time, I have not found anything that I dislike.

Allows for multiple users to access up to date data.

Silent Auction Pro review by Administrator

"Very easy to learn,check-in and check-out was easy, helpful support staff, "

What do you like best?

Support staff, Becca and John, very helpful reminders on some important aspects, such as photos of our items that helped bring in additional revenue.

What do you dislike?

I haven't heard of any complaints from the users

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would recommend this product to other users.

Helps with organizing our auction.

"Easy to navigate"

What do you like best?

The program was easy for new users to navigate and work with.

What do you dislike?

Disliked that could not always get a print out for the bidders in the order that I wanted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this system before if you have any problems with Silent Auction Pro contact customer service is extremely helpful and swift.

It did help with organizing the bidding process more for both the hosts and the bidders. Realized that it helped the bidders have easier access to product information online.

Silent Auction Pro review by Administrator

"SilentAuctionPro made our Gala Auction effortless"

What do you like best?

Great interface, powerful tool. Good exports.

What do you dislike?

I didn't use the bid sheets they provided.

We used it for our annual Gala auction -- ticket sales, check-in and check-out, reporting. Effortless check-in and check-out and follow-up collections. Nice also to have history from previous years.

Silent Auction Pro review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Pretty simple service to learn and use."

What do you like best?

The ease at which I could become accustomed to the interface.

What do you dislike?

Access to reports and exports isn't the easiest.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For a small scale operation like us it's been pretty simple, and would recommend.

Reporting isn't the best, so not sure how larger companies would deal with this.

This is the only auction software I've used, so couldn't comment on others, however it's enabled me to list with ease at a pretty high rate.

Silent Auction Pro review by Administrator in Pharmaceuticals
Administrator in Pharmaceuticals

"Easy To Use, Affordable, and Outstanding Customer Service"

What do you like best?

The customer support and training are phenomenal. Questions are usually answered within a day... most of the time within a couple of hours.

What do you dislike?

It would be helpful if credit card numbers could be applied across several bidders. However, it is understandable that this may not be possible from a privacy perspective

Our biggest benefit is that the system allows us to track ALL information in one consolidated area

"Easy to use!"

What do you like best?

Silent Auction Pro is great! I have used for the last 3 years for a Golf Tournament Fundraiser for my daughters gymnastic team. Super user friendly and support staff and follow up is fantastic!

What do you dislike?

Sounds like next year they will not have the ticket only option

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ticket option only

Easy check in and checkout for fundraising

Silent Auction Pro review by Administrator

"Good Experience with Silent Auction Pro"

What do you like best?

The phone support was excellent. Their tech support staff were always helpful and patient and very clear.

What do you dislike?

I would like better reports that isolate some of the revenue streams more clearly.

Their low fees made it possible for us to have an online auction this year when our previous vendor doubled their fees.

Silent Auction Pro review by Administrator in Entertainment
Administrator in Entertainment

"SAP is easy to use"

What do you like best?

SAP is very easy to use and a great price

What do you dislike?

2nd year was a little tough because there were instances that came up and we were not aware and did not know to ask ahead of time. But its still a great software and we plan on continuing to use.

Keeping everything together in one place!

Learn more about Silent Auction Pro

Silent Auction Pro Videos

Learning about Silent Auction Pro?

* We monitor all Silent Auction Pro reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.