SilkRoad Recruiting

Create a branded, personalized experience your candidates can’t resist.

Work for SilkRoad Recruiting?

Learning about SilkRoad Recruiting?

SilkRoad Recruiting Reviews

Ask SilkRoad Recruiting a Question
Showing 30 SilkRoad Recruiting reviews
SilkRoad Recruiting review by User in Computer Software

"OpenHire needs some help"

What do you like best?

The system does a decent job of gathering candidates in one place and allowing the posting of jobs.

What do you dislike?

Poor display of resumes. Recruiting stages aren't flexible and cause reports to be rewritten. Formatting of job postings isn't WYSIWYG. Search capability isn't robust (even a trailing space causes problems). Requires HRIS intervention to add new managers and cost centers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you look at all the alternatives.

Finding and managing candidates to fill company positions. The platform does let us work across separate business units without much issue. Pretty quick turnaround for posting an approved job which speeds up the hiring process.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SilkRoad Recruiting
SilkRoad Recruiting review by <span>Lisa M.</span>
Lisa M.

"SilkRoad Recruiting"

What do you like best?

I love the support provided from our implementation specialist to project manager, training and support team. We have had excellent support from all levels.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have the ability to make changes to certain forms that, at this time, must be completed by the support team. However, I believe some of those changes will be made available in the future

Recommendations to others considering the product

Silkroad continues to listen to the users and administrators to implement what we want! The team continually is making changes and provides releases to improve the product. I recommend utilizing Silkroad Community to improve your user experience.

Applicant tracking and recruiting. SilkRoad has allowed us to streamline our recruiting processes. The features allow me to view all jobs that have been posted, closed pending and where the recruiters are in the recruiting process.

What Applicant Tracking System (ATS) solution do you use?

SilkRoad Recruiting review by Administrator

"This software is continuing to evolve"

What do you like best?

With a little pre-planning, this ATS is a pretty robust tool to meet your OFCCP requirements.

What do you dislike?

The job posting component was somewhat limited by it's original design to match well known job posting sites.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to include multiple areas of your company to inform them about the requirements of implementation. Consider what data you will need and how you will collect it prior to implementation. Once the system is in place, it's more difficult and more expensive to make changes.

The software allows businesses who are required to track applicants and make annual reports under OFCCP to better manage their data and processes.

SilkRoad Recruiting review by <span>Philip C.S. L.</span>
Philip C.S. L.

"Complexity made simple"

What do you like best?

Various key features are intuitive, flexible, easy to learn and use from users' perspectives. Mobile friendliness is helpful. We also received good feedback from internal and external stakeholders. Organized and professional project manager offered during implementation phase.

What do you dislike?

Like any SAAS solutions; various system limitations so workarounds, internal expectations settings and change management are critical for projects' success and users adoption.

Support and some new features could be too US centric and relevant; wish to have more relevance for APAC and Greater China countries.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Seamless project management and implementation with SR PM and consultants are essential.

Need to lead good change management and set stakeholders' expectations to achieve good feedback and user adoption.

Need to streamline paper based Recruitment process through this new eRecruitment solutions. Talent Pool and channels integration are important to positively impact Talent Acquisition KPIs.

SilkRoad Recruiting review by <span>Sameera H.</span>
Sameera H.

"This product will do the job for a small company, but they have awful cust. service!"

What do you like best?

For a small company, this is a reasonably priced ATS that helped us achieve some of the productivitiy that we were looking for. It was much better than what we had before which was absolutely nothing. We really liked the reporting features of SilkRoad which minimized the time it took to look at data that we had otherwise run manually.

What do you dislike?

It is not very user friendly or intuitive. It takes a while for us to find certain buttons or features we are looking for. Also, the response time of their customer service/help desk is awful. Sometimes our tickets would be marked as resolved, and nobody had even gotten back to us with an answer. When speaking to some of the representatives on the phone, they often were very rude with us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not a good product if you expect to ask their employees questions and if you need help changing anything.

Although SilkRoad is an okay temporary solution for a small business, overall I don't think it is a long term solution. The product is subpar and the customer service is awful. Even the initial training sessions were not thorough and they were having several technical issues during our webinar. My company researched for alternatives and there are several newer companies coming out that are much more advanced in terms of User Experience and Usability and also less expensive, with full functionality. We were looking for a solution to maintain and organize our talent pipeline for current and future job openings, SilkRoad helped us do this - but it is preventing us from taking our recruitment to the next level. We are looking for a fully intigrated, all encomposing HRIS so this just didn't meet our needs anymore.

SilkRoad Recruiting review by <span>Ilana D.</span>
Ilana D.

"Implementation of OpenHire was horrible, but once we went live, it was good"

What do you like best?

It was very easy to organize candidate profiles and train managers to review resumes through the online portal. Previously, we used email to receive all applicants, so this was a huge step for us. The system allowed HR to be more organized and provide adhoc reports quickly and completely.

What do you dislike?

Would like to have been able to schedule group interviews via email. The system allows you to schedule interviews by integrating with outlook, but if I wanted to schedule multiple candidates for one time slot, which we did often, the system could not support it.

Also, implementation was terrible. To the point we almost decided to cancel our contract. Communication between sales and the implementation team was not well executed and we were promised features (such as group interview scheduling through outlook) which the system did not support. The time to go live also took a long time considering we didn't need to transfer data. We were starting from scratch and this should have taken 2-4 weeks instead of the 12 they allotted.

Everything was being tracked via email and printed resumes. It became a paperwork nightmare and we would interview people over and over again because we had no idea that someone already spoke to them a few years ago. This caused double work and false hopes for candidates that were not a fit for the company.

SilkRoad Recruiting review by Administrator in Consumer Goods
Administrator in Consumer Goods

"SilkRoad"

What do you like best?

SilkRoad is a user friendly system. It is a very good ATS. may

Not have all the bells and whistles some of the others have but a great option if you want an easy to use system to retain your req and candidate data, post your jobs etc

What do you dislike?

Interview scheduling

Ability to confirm columns

We needed a system that could be used throughout our company and was not complicated to use.

SilkRoad Recruiting review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"SilkRoad Recruiting and RedCarpet"

What do you like best?

Silk Road Recruiting and Red Carpet are very easy to navigate, extremely user friendly and the fact that the job posting goes out to so many job boards makes it easier for us to get quality resumes rather than relying on just a handful of job boards.

What do you dislike?

I wish Silk Road recruiting had the ability to be able to reset users passwords from the backend - I am looking at it from the Administrator's access within the system.

Not any at the moment

SilkRoad Recruiting review by User in Higher Education

"Review of Silk Road"

What do you like best?

Tough question, there is not a whole lot I like about this product. Since I have been using it for 3 years now, I would say my familiarity with the product.

What do you dislike?

This product is not intuitive, it is not user friendly. My end users have a series of limitations and constraints.

We use this as our applicant tracking system. It has served our needs, however, we are switching to a new tool this year.

SilkRoad Recruiting review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Not recruiter or user friendly"

What do you like best?

The platform does the bare necessities of what is needed

What do you dislike?

ease of use for hiring managers - they have to log onto the platform to disposition candidates

There needs to be a better reporting function. There are too many inconsistent issues to name.

SilkRoad Recruiting review by User in Events Services
User in Events Services

"Very basic but effective"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. It does all basic ATS functions.

What do you dislike?

Cannot send multiple candidates to a hiring manager at once, logs you off very quickly when not in use, cannot easily see all activity related to candidate, does not sync emails

Going from no ATS to Silkroad has been great. It is a nice first ATS to use for a company that has not previously had one.

SilkRoad Recruiting review by <span>Thomas J. C.</span>
Thomas J. C.

"Simple, inexpensive ATS solution, but not powerful enough..."

What do you like best?

My employer used OpenHire and initially I found it to be a relatively easy-to-use, typical ATS. It allowed us to track where in the recruiting process different candidates stood, post jobs to our corporate website and other sites, as well as conduct some simple searches. The system was reliable and I don't remember ever going through a period of time where the system was unavailable. In addition, though I was not privy to the details, I was told that the solution was quite inexpensive compared to other ATS out there.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately there was much left to be desired with OpenHire - at least the version that we used. From a user-interface standpoint it was a good deal behind it's competitors, looking like outdated technology. In addition, aside from basic functionality there was little else the system could provide us. Searching the system for candidates, positions, etc was difficult or impossible, and though in that position was not in a management role, it was my understanding that the same could be said for the reporting abilities of OpenHire.

My company was actively looking other ATS solutions when I was working there and I have to sadly say that I was very happy about that. The company employed over 1,100 people across 4 countries and 37 US states - to not be able to do data analysis on our recruiting efforts was simply unacceptable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In your organization's ATS selection priorities focus more towards uptime and low cost, OpenHire could be the right choice for you. However if you're looking for more, you'd be better served looking elsewhere.

We were able to conduct basic recruiting functions with OpenHire, though we were having to pull in other technologies like Excel for managing our open requisitions.

SilkRoad Recruiting review by <span>Kate E.</span>
Kate E.

"SilkRoad Review"

What do you like best?

Being able to upload the resume for a candidate into the system and having a profile automatically created for them. Life saving!

What do you dislike?

I want to be able to disposition candidates in selected batches.

I am easily filling my positions, creating offer letters through the system and uploading my new hire information into PeopleSoft.

SilkRoad Recruiting review by <span>Sheri A.</span>
Sheri A.

"SilkRoad is an amazing product!"

What do you like best?

SilkRoad products are very user friendly. The customer support package was so helpful and they were always available when I needed even just a simple question answered.

What do you dislike?

The implementation can take a while I wouldn't say I dislike that because it is all part of the process and getting the pertinent information in the system.

I recently left the company where I implemented SilkRoad. But while there, I implemented OpenHire, WingSpan and started implementing RedCarpet. Each of these products were amazing and made my job as the Talent Management Specialist not only easier but more enjoyable. Recruiting was more streamlined and the review process was clear and easy for each person using it which had been the main issue in the past.

SilkRoad Recruiting review by <span>Leslie Q.</span>
Leslie Q.

"Outstanding ATS and Outstanding Business Partner"

What do you like best?

SilkRoad/OpenHire is a single source that managers every stage of the hiring process. The requisition process has saved us valuable time with the sequential manager review process.

What do you dislike?

The font and spacing can be a bit clunky and the end result is not a polished professional look in terms of internal processing.

We are trying to improve the speed and quality of talent acquisition all while using fewer resources. We are now able to manager everything from job postings to requisitions to the final stage of job offer and generating the offer documents.

SilkRoad Recruiting review by Administrator in Packaging and Containers
Administrator in Packaging and Containers

"Terrible product"

What do you like best?

Nothing. The system is clunky, the customer service is non existent. Any changes that will make the system functional for your needs, is costly

What do you dislike?

Everything. Terrible reporting, ugly dashboard, search function is just for looks

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't.

System will not grow with your company...not mobile and you will end up spending a third party to optimize your application

Realized we need a new ATS

SilkRoad Recruiting review by <span>Susan L. B.</span>
Susan L. B.

"Open Hire = Streamlined Hiring"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and straight forward navigation. I was able to learn the system within a few days which made it an esay transition in learning a new ATS

What do you dislike?

I really can't say I had any dislikes. I might have like to better understand the types of reports that were available in Open Hire but that wasn't something that would keep me from recommending the system.

Finding a ATS that was cost effective and met the needs of a smaller organization.

SilkRoad Recruiting review by <span>Molly S.</span>
Molly S.

"Employees and Managers Love RedCarpet"

What do you like best?

We use both OpenHire and RedCarpet for applicants and new hires. The seamless transition from one to the other greatly reduces time and has increased efficiencies within HR - and also for managers and the new employee.

What do you dislike?

There may be one or two small things that some on the HR team wish the systems could do, but if so they are minor.

We use a different system for our HR/payroll, but SilkRoad was able to help us with the integration process to make things very seamless between RedCarpet and the HRIS. This was definitely the best part of our overall system design and integration. RedCarpet is easy to administer and new hires find the process simple and welcoming.

SilkRoad Recruiting review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"SilkRoad Review"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use, site has drop down windows for added ease. The amount of registered users is high so many people can review or recruit from the same company. The customer service team is very good and response time for questions is low.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have more customization features and the ability to add applications to the positions for each applicant to fill out.

Recruiting in house. Posting open positions to several job boards. I also think the search capabilities need to be fine tuned and the way the software rates an applicant on their current skills and experience.

SilkRoad Recruiting review by <span>Peg R.</span>
Peg R.

"SilkRoad--not user friendly"

What do you like best?

The Red Carpet new hire onboarding system is easy for new hires to navigate.

What do you dislike?

The modules we have--Open Hire, Red Carpet, and Wingspan--seem to have been designed by programmers, not HR professionals. They are not particularly intuitive, and we are unable to modify what we think are fairly basic design requirements.

Applicant tracking, new hire onboarding, performance planning and assessment. We are able to

SilkRoad Recruiting review by Administrator in Media Production
Administrator in Media Production

"Onboarding 123"

What do you like best?

The product is easy to develop and you can customize the workflow. User friendly.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see some additional features and flexibility in the e-form builder. Cannot delete certain tasks once they've been assigned.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SilkRoad offers a variety of products that will suit employers needs. The technical support group very quickly responds to questions, concerns and requests.

More environmentally friendly.

SilkRoad Recruiting review by User in Internet

"SILKROAD"

What do you like best?

It has always been user friendly to submit referrals or myself into the system when interviewing for jobs

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a portal for interviewees to leave candid feedback during the interview process to help grow in my career

As an employee I only use it for referrals and to submit myself for promotions

SilkRoad Recruiting review by <span>dawn b.</span>
dawn b.

"I have used their ATS system"

What do you like best?

the silkroad interface is easy to navigate. definitely easier to submit resumes & files than other systems I've used.

What do you dislike?

as an outside agency, I don't love submitting candidates thru ANY system, because it seems impersonal. at least my clients were responsive & I knew they rec'd and reviewed my submittals.

by using an ATS, you cut down on the "who submitted this candidate first" game. you also know that the file will live on in the system and won't get lost in the reviewer's emails.

SilkRoad Recruiting review by Administrator in Human Resources
Administrator in Human Resources

"Easy to use, pleasing to the eye, some bugs that arise & not always the fastest customer service "

What do you like best?

Generally easy to use, pleasing to the eye, easy to find where applicants are in each stage.

What do you dislike?

Most reports can only be run in 6 month periods, some bugs come up and too long of a turnaround time for issues to be resolved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Provide training for both HR staff and hiring managers

Assists with reporting info, managing high volume of candidates, tracks all data required.

SilkRoad Recruiting review by User in Construction
User in Construction

"SilkRoad review"

What do you like best?

SilkRoad Openhire is a user friendly platform, which allows for easy training of hiring managers, as well as tracking and reporting purposes.

What do you dislike?

I can honestly say there wasn't anything I disliked about SilkRoad.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When I started my new position, I tried to get my current company to purchase SilkRoad and unfortunately due to budget constraints, we were not able to. There are several ATS' available, but in the end, you do get what you pay for.

We were converting applicant tracking systems and SilkRoad's customer service and training was exceptional. It's extremely beneficial to be able to have the support you need when implementing a new system companywide.

SilkRoad Recruiting review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"OpenHire Review"

What do you like best?

it is very user friendly and easy to train hiring managers on.

What do you dislike?

I wish some of the email notifications could be disabled, such as the Review Request Completed notifications the Recruiter gets each time the hiring manager completes a review.

We did not have a true ATS so this will make us much more efficient and also we will not lose any paper records any more because every thing is online.

SilkRoad Recruiting review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"I use this product everyday at work; I am the point of contact for this product at work"

What do you like best?

My company use Open Hire (whic is part of Silk Road) and it helps us to automate, streamline and manage the entire recruiting process with ease.

What do you dislike?

There is not one particular thing, but i there are some areas that can be improved in the system.

- Provide a full, comprehensive talent management solution.

- Customizable hiring workflows to manage the entire recruiting process

- Easy creation of branded job portals for candidate engagement

- Time-saving applicant screening, searching, and matching tools

- Broader applicant selection through a free job distribution network and social media integration

- Efficient interview scheduling and applicant communication

SilkRoad Recruiting review by <span>JoAnn E.</span>
JoAnn E.

"Perfect Solution for Higher Ed"

What do you like best?

Red Carpet allows us to personalize and customize the message and work flow for 6 different classifications of employees.

What do you dislike?

I have found minor suggestions for improvement but Silk Road continuously enhances the product based on customer feedback.

We have seen a return on investment and are using Red Carpet for additional events.

SilkRoad Recruiting review by Internal Consultant in Packaging and Containers
Internal Consultant in Packaging and Containers

"SilkRoad"

What do you like best?

You are able to track the process of approvals for both requisitions and offers within the system

What do you dislike?

The search functions for candidates within the database is lacking. The response time is very slow - once you click a button/link you must wait for 30 seconds or so for a response sometimes

We are able to complete the applicant flow log for legal/hr reporting

SilkRoad Recruiting review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Primarily use the ATS"

What do you like best?

SilkRoad Support Team, ability to have SilkRoad post our positions for us

What do you dislike?

Some of the things that are lacking with our ATS

We like some of the new things that SilkRoad is coming out with through the new release.

Learning about SilkRoad Recruiting?

* We monitor all SilkRoad Recruiting reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.