SilkRoad

SilkRoad's Life Suite is a talent management system that's powered by social, mobile, analytic and cloud technology to engage every employee from pre-hire to retire.

Work for SilkRoad?

Learning about SilkRoad?

SilkRoad Reviews

Ask SilkRoad a Question
Showing 13 SilkRoad reviews
SilkRoad review by Sarah J.
Sarah J.

"SilkRoad Review "

What do you like best?

I think Silkroad is very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

I wish Icould see all of things valid for our company, not just for the individual users.

We do all of our onboarding and recruiting through SilkRoad, I think it is a great tool.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SilkRoad
SilkRoad review by Administrator in Health, Wellness and Fitness
Administrator in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"My Real Thoughts on SilkRoad"

What do you like best?

Red Carpet is the best tool. OpenHire is fairly easy to navigate through.

What do you dislike?

The system cannot integrate with any other outside tool. No video Interview vendor or CRM tool can interview based on the current platform

No candidate support for OpenHire. Expectation that the customer come first have fallen by the wayside. If you want technical support, you have to pay 15K to have a dedicated administrator who provides the standard answer.. let me check with my developers. I wish I could get paid 15K to give that answer.

Report writer to restrictive. if you want a custom report, need to pay 1000 to 2500.

Poor candidate sourcing which is huge mistake. I can see us dropping OpenHire in the next 12-24 months

Recommendations to others considering the product

If I cannot integrate OpenHire with tools like CRM and Video Interviewing, that is a huge problem. Plus, you take away candidate support and create extra work for your customer who are not technical gurus of the system is leading me to look at other systems in the next two year.

I cannot recommend OpenHire to anyone. I do like RedCarpet but other tools need to go.

I am trying to figure out how I can have an integrated CRM and ATS and I need a system that I can source that provides great results

What Onboarding solution do you use?

SilkRoad review by Erin S.
Erin S.

"Helpful Products"

What do you like best?

Red Carpet has been my favorite product as it has allowed us to automate a lot of a new hires setup. OpenHire has also allowed us to be more efficient than our old email way of hiring people. The products have helped us streamline and allowed us to concentrate on other priorities.

What do you dislike?

From the employee/user perspective the products are great and easy to use; the administration side is another story. Many of the products, especially Wingspan, are complicated and not very intuitive from the administrators side. Also, the support team is helpful when you call but not very responsive when you email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to spend a lot of time evaluating the administrator side. We focused too much on the end user side and did not realize the complexity of the administrator side; especially of Wingspan.

We have solved much of our manual processes with these products. They have allowed us to be more efficient from reviewing resumes to hiring, to onboarding and then to managing performance. We had very manual, paper focused processes before and things would often fall through the cracks. These products have really helped us manage our processes and keep records of everything.

SilkRoad review by User in Internet

"Silk Road HR "

What do you like best?

I like its ease of use and the fact that it makes keeping all my HR information together in one place a breeze.

What do you dislike?

There will never be a replacement for the personal touch HR requires. However this program makes the more mundane paperwork and admin tasks much easier.

This allows employees to enter, store, and find their personal information and benefits options much more easily. Less time is spent writing emails to HR employees for answers that are easily found in the benefits explanations available on the silk road program.

SilkRoad review by Administrator

"HR Modules That Work Together Or Independently "

What do you like best?

You can build out a basic HRIS system relatively quickly and add modules as your budget or department needs change.

What do you dislike?

In my experience, the quality of project managers varies. Some were extremely knowledgeable about SilkRoad and HR process, others did not know the product capabilities very well. Also, the modules are marketed as one, seamless solution that easily integrate together. In practice, there is a separate software that SilkRoad uses so that all the modules speak to each other. If you are implementing multiple modules you may be waiting months or over a year until everything works together. In the meantime, there is quite a bit of manual data entry.

Paper files, no electronic employee records, applicant tracking, and on boarding. HR and leadership are finally able to look up employee data and run reports. New hire approvals have gone from being a piece of paper that was passed from exec to exec to an easy, paperless system.

SilkRoad review by Stacie M.
Stacie M.

"Excellent overall product suite that allows you to adopt in a module fashion"

What do you like best?

As a company that is growing rapidly, we needed a scalable solution that we could adopt based on what we needed real-time. The Silkroad product suite allowed us to address our most urgent needs immediately with the Core HRIS (Heartbeat) as well as an Applicant Tracking System (Openhire). We did eventually take the entire suite, including POINT, and found the implementations as painless as they could be. The workbook format used for each product helped us load data quickly and effectively while ensuring we understood our required actions before weekly project calls.

What do you dislike?

Heartbeat, the core HR system, has come a long way and has a solid road map to increase functionality and compatibility. I would like to see them partner with one payroll vendor that would create a more seamless solution. In addition, their customer service organization is still evolving to fit their growth.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Silkroad is moving very quickly which translates into the ability for them to respond quickly to customer needs and requests. This is not the case with the large box suites driven by payroll ability available today. In addition, their technology is home-grown which allows them to modify, manage and maintain their systems more effectively.

Unique products like POINT, which is a social media based Intranet, are great solutions for organizations with fast growth and limited resources. We do not have an internal IT function and our vendors focus on immediate business need. With an incredibility simple career portal and other products like POINT, we can have high levels of functionality without high technical expertise.

SilkRoad review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"Onboarding is Awesome! The rest is subpar"

What do you like best?

Task Management and communication functions within the onboarding system is phenomenal and has provided huge time savings across the organization in addition to ensuring new employees are ready day one and supported through their first year.

What do you dislike?

User Interface is not intuitive on recruitment and performance systems. Lacks integration across platforms. Doesn't connect job descriptions and competencies throughout the modules.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be aware. This is a forward thinking company yet cannot consistently deliver on ideas or promises.

Time savings for employees, managers and HR users. Automation of processes ensures things don't fall through the cracks.

SilkRoad review by Administrator in Insurance
Administrator in Insurance

"Extremely Valuable, With Some Limitations"

What do you like best?

I would say that overall I like the speed and accessibility of our SilkRoad software. Out of the systems we use in our HR department, SilkRoad is typically the most reliable when it comes to logging in on a daily basis. It's very rare that the system is down and we don't have access. For HeartBeat, I like that the software is pretty intuitive. When I began my current role I was totally new to HR, but was able to maneuver and teach myself how to navigate HeartBeat. We are in the process of implementing RedCarpet, and I believe the same can be said for that program as well.

What do you dislike?

I think the main issues we have had with SilkRoad are on the customer support side, and with the limitations of the systems. We had a huge issue when implementing the connect feature for RedCarpet when all of our employees were loaded into the system against our wishes, and employees received notification emails saying their accounts were created. This posed a huge problem for us. There also seem to be some limitations with access in systems. We are piloting our first year of WingSpan, and the account profiles are not flexible enough to have different levels of our HR team managing the performance review process.

I would say that we're currently looking at ways to streamline and improve our Onboarding and Performance Review Processes. I think that with SilkRoad we definitely see the benefit in both RedCarpet and Wingspan for helping reduce turnover. RedCarpet will allow us to better onboard our employees, and WingSpan will definitely encourage the Performance Review Process.

SilkRoad review by Patrick S.
Patrick S.

"Capable and user friendly products to help consolidate your HR processes"

What do you like best?

I like the

What do you dislike?

Although we chose to use HeartBeat, its probably not as robust as we might have wanted. In addition, we find that the "connect" process integrating the systems together from a communication perspective is slow.

For a small organization that was looking for a "big company" solution, SilkRoad has definitely helped us answer several questions about how to position internal systems for growth and diversity. These systems help bring us together but also allow our decentralized strutter to function well. Field operations has access and control but also can be supported at the core by internal business partners.

We are excited that the system is easily managed and expandable and we have a much more data-rich environment. We can measure many processes now that were previously left to 'gut" feel. Anticipated integration among suite products and with partner systems like Hire Rite also encourage us.

SilkRoad review by Roz C.
Roz C.

"High Volume Hiring"

What do you like best?

The ease of building the program, using the program as an employer and employee and the ease of troubleshooting for an employer

What do you dislike?

the delay in uploading from another program (not really a silk road issue)

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software is so simple to use and very user friendly for administrators and applicants.

tracking of compliance mistakes - the employee is ownership of the issues not the employer

SilkRoad review by Gabe H.
Gabe H.

"Comprehensive, well-thought out software based on best practices in HR functions."

What do you like best?

Ability to configure and customize many of the modules.

What do you dislike?

Set up time is long for the modules due to the comprehensive functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is complete Human Capital Management system, while each module is not a best of breed, they are in total a good system with lots of best practices and processes in place.

Centralizing documents. Automating onboarding, training, appraisals, self-service. Allowing HR to move into more strategic, versus transactional.

SilkRoad review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Construction
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Construction

"Silkroad Suite for HR Functions"

What do you like best?

Complete Suite for all HR Functions. Provide all HR Operations.

What do you dislike?

Support Turnaround Time. Not flexible, extensible or customizable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very Good Suite for Small/Medium Enterprises for HR Functions.

Automating End to End HR - Processes for HR Management, Performance Management, Recruitment, Training etc.

SilkRoad review by Scott J.
Scott J.

"Bumpy integration success"

What do you like best?

I like how the Greenlight LMS is configured around basic instructional design methodologies and concepts.

What do you dislike?

Administrative procedures overly complex

Consolidating all Learning & Development processes; streamlining of HR recruiting-onboarding-training and development process

Learning about SilkRoad?

* We monitor all SilkRoad reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.