Silverpop, an IBM Company

Silverpop, an IBM Company

71 ratings
30 6.2 / 10
Request a Demo
Silverpop is a digital marketing technology provider that unifies marketing automation, email, mobile, and social.

Silverpop, an IBM Company Reviews (30 reviews)

• The Silverpop Engage programs interface is intuitive and easy to use. We were able to setup a fairly complex branching nurture program in short order. The html... Read More
    0 dv0vdrbah486puzwdngodml hr6lrflwfaiodmn cg zfw itpfm jhs69qvphxb2njwgo68wmqv
    Sarah L.
  • It was a cumbersome user experience. The marketing automation wasn't what we needed, and the customer support was slow to respond to our questions. It was too... Read More
    Avatar 699b516ccb7c52c39a00a5a0b519c525492a57a311ed9ce017bc17b6c1c89a1c
    G2 Crowd User in Information Technology and Services
Updated On
Validated Review

Silverpop is great email tool.

What do you like best?

Ability to set up email campaigns and not have to think twice about them. Also, being able to test multiple templates, subject lines, from names takes the guessing out of knowing which type of email will appeal to the email recipients.

What do you dislike?

Interface is a bit hard to work with, and it feels like more of an email tool, than an overall digital marketing suite (unless you purchase the plug-ins). We don't have instance access to our data, which makes creating automated campaigns a bit difficult. Also, our plug-in with EpiServer has never worked properly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for use with companies that have instance access to marketing data.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

The forms are a great added bonus. Send time optimization has also been helpful with open rates and click-throughs... better than a mass send.

Administrator in Packaging and Containers - Silverpop, an IBM Company Review Author
Updated On
Validated Review

Easy to use, still robost

What do you like best?

Silverpop's interface is extremely user friendly. With quick training, most people should be able to create, send and measure an email. For more advanced users, the automated programs and reporting features are very accessible without compromising on power or insight.

What do you dislike?

If you have a problem that requires advanced information, it can be hard to get a real response. They tend to give canned answers to problems. If you can get to someone more technical though, they're great.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Silvepop makes it very easy to create attractive transactional emails, and they have tons of third party partners, so even if they don't have everything you want, you can find a solution that integrates easily.

User - Silverpop, an IBM Company Review Author
0 of 0 found this helpful.

Some good, some not so good

What do you like best?

I like my representative. She is very responsive as are the support team when I establish a case.

What do you dislike?

I just recently started working on an integration to automate our abandoned cart emails. It should have been fairly seemless but I had to have several calls with Silverpop and our tracking company WebTrends. The integration hasn't gone well and frankly I'm really not happy with the IBM team. I really liked the team prior to IBM taking over the company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is quite a bit of bureaucracy with IBM now. I really liked the flexibility and accessibility and pricing prior to IBM buying Silverpop.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

As I stated, we are trying to automate abandoned cart emails. Once that is completed, there are other opportunites but now that IBM is the parent company the prices for those ideas have increased. I'm not sure we will be able to afford other opportunities.

Validated Review

One of the best email-centric platforms currently available

What do you like best?

I can easily manage a large number of users while keeping an eye on deliverability. There are a lot of "securities" in place to force deliverability best practices. I can easily send emails in 30 different languages with no problems.

What do you dislike?

As many have mentioned, the UI is dated and needs help. Silverpop is aware and slowly rolling out improvements. A lot of focus seems to be on adding new functionality and new "apps" over addressing some of the usability problems of the core features of the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Engage is a great tool with a lot of advanced features to really help you focus on your targeted audience and make informed decisions. It has a well-documented API to allow you to take advantage of a lot of the functionality of Engage in your own applications/websites. After personally reviewing Eloqua and ExactTarget, Silverpop was attractive not only from a feature set, but from a pricing perspective as well.

Robust Marketing Automation Tool

What do you like best?

Silverpop is a robust marketing automation tool that is designed for marketers to get the most out of their campaigns. For me, deliverability was one aspect that stood out compared to competitors - in a good way. I also liked the Send Time Optimization feature as I was sending emails out for an exclusive event and didn't want my message to get 'lost.'

It'd be a mistake not to mention that their service was awesome at handling the most minor or problems.

What do you dislike?

The GUI could use some 'dummy proofing' especially for those just starting out using it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider the size and reach that you need with your campaigns and what your expected ROI should be.

Marketing Automation

Do you like gift cards?

Amazon 5 acb2afc66dfe6e51202b4e162a57da805ec9b95eb7f040e8b25be06cd783556f

Write your first review today, and we’ll send you a $5 Amazon gift card as a thanks for your time and input.

Review Now

Tags

* We monitor all Silverpop, an IBM Company reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Would you like to receive more information about Silverpop, an IBM Company?