3.8

Silverware provides the security of a SQL Server Database with the advantages of Cloud-based Solutions including Mobile/Tablet Ordering, Real Time Web-based Reporting, Alerts & Analytics, Online Ordering, and more.

Work for Silverware?

Learning about Silverware?

Silverware Reviews

Ask Silverware a Question
Showing 51 Silverware reviews
Silverware review by Shaun C.
Shaun C.

"A robust end-to-end solution for POS"

What do you like best?

The system is intuitive, not terribly complex to administer, and is capable of almost any configuration that works for you. It connects to our KDS and can integrate to our hotel's PMS system as well as a variety of other integrations that streamline our operations. As far as security goes, they use a strong encryption solution that reduces our PCI footprint, which cuts on cost and effort. Because it's cloud hosted rather than local, we can offer more flexibility to managers and finance who need reporting.

What do you dislike?

The Clover Flex units, if you choose to use them, can create some server distress as they learn the hardware, and it's still not that common to have pay-at-the-table in the US, so a small minority of customers find it awkward. The scheduling is not totally there yet, so we couldn't use it to remove HotSchedules. We did notice some faults with the menu translation from the terminal screens to the Flex that required additional support. Print Routing is a lot more complex than in our previous systems, but it also has automatic failover and other features that remove the need to modify routing as often.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go the extra mile to train people and provide documents for training. The Flex will be a huge shift for experienced servers, and not handling that well will ultimately hurt morale in a big way

Silverware offers a cloud-hosted solution that delivers on POS and reporting. The Flex units offer new ways to see efficiencies in our waitstaff as well as our finance teams. Enterprise Menu Management offers a better controlled approach to working with our menu. Overall, it has moved us forward in how we operate our food and beverage operations

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Silverware
Silverware review by Sheelah S.
Sheelah S.

"Great POS system"

What do you like best?

It is a very user friendly POS system to use. Both at store level and management. It is great to use on the back end to pull various reports that are useful to me as the CFO. They work in a very timely matter as well, from first filling out a new store questionnaire to ordering the equipment to shipment, the system has been seamless. They also offer many different options for a restaurant, from Ipad ordering at tables, to screens in the kitchen. All of these things are improving the speed at which can get food out and also is cutting down on errors made when server writes down order and then goes and punches into POS system. We have found these new systems very beneficial and are very happy with them all.

What do you dislike?

nothing it is a great POS system. The customer service needs some improvement, they do not always help in a timely fashion and have been rude to us on occasion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

it would be great to anyone in with numerous restaurants that wants to pull reports from stores individually and as a group as a whole. The implmentation has been great with all of our new locations and quick deliver of the products.n

Looking up past checks and tracking fraud issues. We can track by employee, date, check number, so it is very beneficial when we suspect a fraud issue. Also increased speed of getting food out to guests, with Ipad ordering and screens in the kitchen.

What Restaurant POS solution do you use?

Silverware review by Sue R.
Sue R.

"Good POS System"

What do you like best?

The system is user friendly and is easy to add specials or new menu items to. There are many reports that can be acquired to compare sales, see how many customers come in, what the avg sale is and when your busy & slow times are. Tech support has been very helpful when needed. It's great that you can carry the ipad from table to table and input orders faster.

What do you dislike?

We had an issue with it using up all of our hard drive space at first, took a while to resolve the issue, but its working well now. I just wish we were able to get the dales directly into quickbooks. System does tend to go down or stop working right in the middle of a transaction

The wait time for customers is reduced. You are able to pull up reports on just about anything the system does

Silverware review by mike z.
mike z.

"Solid POS system"

What do you like best?

We have been using Silverware since August of 2000. It has been consistently stable and a solid workhorse for us. We originally and continually use the program in three separate retail environments. Although not as a food service app the software completely fills our needs. Selling gifts (scanned items), candy(scale items), and or everything from fresh fruit to coffee the program just plain works. In the last year we have utilized integrated credit card processing which is quicker than anything else we have used in the past. Service is always there and able to correct the our issues.... (Not like NCR /Aloha which struggles to correct their confusion).

What do you dislike?

Program needs a next dollar cash acceptance option (Example: check total is $3.28... register should give the $4.00 cash accepted option.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

give it a try

quick service to retail customer

Silverware review by Michael H.
Michael H.

"Service Does Matter!"

What do you like best?

Technical Support is terrific! Out of all the POS systems If worked with the follow up and ease to get help is the Best out there. If your contract has expired they are still willing to help for a nominal fee vs. others that wont help till they have a full yearly support package paid for. Always willing to help and 24hr help desk that responds quickly. Have had little issues over the past three years but has always solved our issues quick and efficiently. . Oh! Ease of Programing on your own!!!! Huge plus! don't need support to do most of your changes like "Micros"

What do you dislike?

Only Dislikes is when originally sold POS system some of the Items did not work as promised or said "yeah ours does that to.1) " Future Carry out orders - Don't send automatically. and 2) Frequent dinner not exactly what was sold. - Great for Restaurant that doesn't have one. Customer cant see there point on there own via website. More managing then told.. 86 items - if you have multiple items which we all do you have to enter each separately to add count or 86. take alot of time to enter each item over and over. Screen should stay up and just check boxes instead of typing in work over and over again. My Three items that I dislike. All systems have issues. Should this be the worst for any restaurant.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Call others in use and ask likes and dislikes and what your needs are.

Reliable POS system and ease to operate from management to staff.

Silverware review by Holly F.
Holly F.

"The Only POS system Restaurants should use!"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is for me to add new items / price adjustments to the system. It is extremely easy for me to navigate and I like how I can contact Silverware 24/7 with any questions at all and they take their time to answer all of them.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how difficult it is to get your logo on the receipt! I contacted a few times and it has to be a certain size / colour no background and they are not willing to just do it for you! Logos / branding is very important and I am surprised their isn't an easier way. Also The bottom of the receipt is very important to add messages or extra advertising and I find they need it to stand out a lot more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this system to anyone looking for a POS system.

I like how easy it is for me to look up receipts and whats selling the most and least. I also like to see what the average check is per guest. We use it for accounting purposes and employee payroll.

Silverware review by Venkatrerish P.
Venkatrerish P.

"Not a fast POS software"

What do you like best?

I am a low transaction food service place and considering that I should not have lagging issues. My issues persisted for over years. Finally since last 3 months the issue is not there anymore.

I stayed with Silverware because of their excellent Technical support team, Unfortunately, their sales team left me a very ill taste due to unresponsiveness.

If you are looking into Silverware or any POS product, Pls. don'nt go by theri demo's as its just a testing platform. it will have functions and its front end (look and feel) but will not show background issues.

For this you need to see and speak to businesses using their software.

Also, Silverware lack a "Training" Feature for new employees to get comfortable with the functions and use of the POS system.

What do you dislike?

Silverware does not have "Training" Module and its Sales team is very unresponsive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Review product from an existing user (relating to your business) to understand true feed back about the systems PROS & CONS.

Not solving any issues as we just needed a POS with cloud....which is a basic feature offered by all POS vendors

Silverware review by Administrator

"Silverware POS is a wonderful tool!"

What do you like best?

The restaurant features and ease of building buttons, updating instantly, tailoring to the needs of our restaurants are some of the best features of any POS. The HelpDesk has gotten a lot better over the years at being able to walk through problems and issues, something that happens on occasion. Functionality though is key to the success of this POS, including the reporting, which is equally important to ensure our businesses are running pristine.

What do you dislike?

Early on we did not like the HelpDesk, although that's slowly being corrected. Some things require too many steps to complete as oppose to some of the other POS software's out there that are designed with the user in mind. Some of the reporting is not great either because you can only organize alphabetically instead of highest sales to lowest and vice versa. You would think that's an easy fix, but they haven't figured that one out yet.

POS for our restaurants and banquet facilities. Utilizing the reports for P-mix and sales analysis and segment sales, etc. We also utilize the time keeping option that's implemented into the software.

Silverware review by Administrator in Hospitality
Administrator in Hospitality

"It depends on who the support provider is - "

What do you like best?

avrio is excellent - mobile unit is consistent and provides a great option.

What do you dislike?

- recommended sales delay buttons - IE) guest orders Beer & Burger but isn't ready to order the burger portion yet after ordering the beer 1st. need a delay option to go back to finish the combo purchase

- technical support wait times aren't funnelled through a priority program - systems down should go to the front of the line - support company is not adequate - lots of discrepancy between the companies I have purchased the 23 units from.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Product is easy to users for basic functionality - needs to implement more sophisticated applications for specific menu items.

POS is standard and meets daily basic requirements.

Silverware review by Administrator

"Response Times and Integration"

What do you like best?

Online reporting makes it easier for all necessary colleagues at the head office to analyse data on a daily basis

What do you dislike?

As a corporation we have our own back-end systems. The integration between us and Silverware was poorly designed and was riddled with problems, which have mostly been corrected. Also, when discussing upgrades or changes to the systems, response time for any queries, whether for quotes, availability or change requests are very lengthy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to implement a proper implementation plan if using Silverware with in house corporate systems.

As a retail corporation we have cafes at some of our locations. Our retail POS does not have restaurant functionality so a different system was necessary.

Silverware review by Michele P.
Michele P.

"Changing prices. "

What do you like best?

It is an easy system to learn but a book should come with it to be able to do some of the more difficult tasks. Because when u call, they take over the computer and change things which is great but u don’t learn how to do it yourself.

What do you dislike?

That they do not call once a month to make sure everything is going well.

It is an easy system to show new staff members coming in.

Silverware review by Administrator

"Great potential and easy to use but incredibly glitchy"

What do you like best?

The system is super user friendly and offers everything you need to run a busy restaurant.

What do you dislike?

Constantly crashes, the database drops out, the tech support will not return voicemails and constantly miss appointments that are set up. Most of the techs do not know the system very well. Issues can take weeks to resolve. Mobile tablets do not work at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

More training for tech support and supervisors to follow up on ticket wait times and make sure issues are address as quickly as possible. Customer service is greatly lacking in this area.

Timesheet tracking is a plus and you can easily pull reports from the comfort of the remote office.

Silverware review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"essential "

What do you like best?

fully customizable from buttons to the entire input of menu items and modifications. makes placing orders foolproof.

What do you dislike?

nothing much really. could use a little facial upgrade with the looks of the screen. this is just to take up space because it won't accept my review. this is just to take up space because it won't accept my review

Recommendations to others considering the product

this is just to take up space because it won't accept my review this is just to take up space because it won't accept my review this is just to take up space because it won't accept my review this is just to take up space because it won't accept my review this is just to take up space because it won't accept my review this is just to take up space because it won't accept my review this is just to take up space because it won't accept my review this is just to take up space because it won't accept my review this is just to take up space because it won't accept my review this is just to take up space because it won't accept my review this is just to take up space because it won't accept my review

provides accurate inventory on all products that are in the system as long as it's frequently updated from a manager's login. this is just to take up space because it won't accept my review . this is just to take up space because it won't accept my review

Silverware review by Administrator

"Great for 2005. Slow and outdated."

What do you like best?

There isn't really anything that silverware does that every other POS doesn't do

What do you dislike?

The hardware is antiquated. The machines are slow and constantly freeze. You need to restart the computers every night or else hell will break loose. You cannot edit the menus remotely, everything has to be done from the POS. Antiquated method of checking sales. Gotta develop a report and then view it, no app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go with a true cloud based POS.

It works as a POS, order entered and relayed to the kitchen, kitchen makes the order and is served.

Silverware review by Matt J.
Matt J.

"Silverware A Story"

What do you like best?

We really enjoy the reporting functions of silverware and the ability to pull out relevant data.

What do you dislike?

We have found that the initial learning curve to the UI can be a little daunting and not entirely intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It does everything you may need it to but not in the easiest way

Backend Analysis

Silverware review by John B.
John B.

"Silverware system"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and the layout of the screens is very easy to teach new employees.

What do you dislike?

Remote reporting requires a lot of steps to get simple reporting on your phone. Would like to see real time updates available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a very reliable, easy to use POS system then this is for you.

Ease of use allows us to enter orders efficiently and in turn provide a high level of customer satisfaction. Saves on training time. Interface with both Moneris and Optimum has been very beneficial.

"Great Point of Sale"

What do you like best?

The support is outstanding (Island POS). The interface is very user friend and easy for the front of house team to use.

What do you dislike?

You do have to go through many screens to get to programming. Once you are in it is easy but when changing things on the fly it takes a bit longer than previous POS we have used.

Reporting is fantastic. To be able to break down the minutia of sales we have been able to identify our slow periods are react accordingly.

Silverware review by Greg D.
Greg D.

"There is better"

What do you like best?

There is something to be said for the physical durability Silverware’s Old School PC Terminals have in a busy restaurant setting.

What do you dislike?

Silverware does not have the same reporting capabilities and is not growing and developing as fast as some of the new cloud based POS systems. It is not easily linked with newly developed software programs.

It gets the job done. Orders in, checks out, checks closed, basic end of night reports. Anything further is not so user friendly.

Silverware review by Jo L.
Jo L.

"Retail Solution"

What do you like best?

Silverware is a fairly simple system to learn... updating menu items is easy to do on the fly and new staff members have had no issues using the system. I would suggest integrating credit cards, saving the step of balancing the two machines. Customer service was good the one time we have used it, fixing the issue quickly.

What do you dislike?

We don’t have a back office, so printing of reports and such are a bit of an issue.

Retail Solution

Silverware review by James M.
James M.

"Silverware is Straight Forward"

What do you like best?

Its simplistic POS system enables efficient analysis in realtime. It's a great asset when it comes to training new workers.

What do you dislike?

It has a tendency to lag and freeze it when I'm using it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use silverware if you wan't to make your life easier.

Entering orders was quick and easy. Silverware cut so much of the time we waste with how straight forward their system is.The mobile-ordering solution offers real-time updates and integration with different devices.

Silverware review by Sako D.
Sako D.

"Good Product"

What do you like best?

Great User interface. Easy to teach our staff. Easy to use overall. Reliable

What do you dislike?

Reporting is very dated..

No phone app to review in real time.

Keeps everything organized.

Silverware review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"Good - Confusing"

What do you like best?

I like that I am able to track the success of my marketing initiatives. For example -redemptions on coupons I send out.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how the system isn't very straight forward and is somewhat confusing to find information. sometimes slow

Restaurant management. I work at the HO so I use this for tracking purposes. It is extremely good for tracking and server contests

Silverware review by Kurt B.
Kurt B.

"Laguna Beach - full service resort review"

What do you like best?

Ease of use - the system is easy to learn and use for our line level team members.

What do you dislike?

We would love to see Pin & Chip hand held ordering / credit card devices built into the system so we can be fully PCI compliant.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are great to work with!

Multi outlet reporting is very useful!!

Silverware review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"UI very user friendly--intuitive and easy for servers to be trained on"

What do you like best?

The system comes with many customizable features which can fit different concepts from Enterprise to stand alone restaurants.

What do you dislike?

The back end reporting could be a bit more robust however it has come a long way in the past 6 months and I cannot wait to see improvements that are coming to CRM.

We are finding a way to gain better visibility on our businesses. Silverware has been actively working with us to add custom reporting and features to improve the operation of our business. They have proven to be a reliable business partner.

Silverware review by Dimitri G.
Dimitri G.

"Review"

What do you like best?

Easy to use easy to administer and understand

What do you dislike?

Extra charges for additions like bookkeeping

Control

Silverware review by Salvatore  M.
Salvatore M.

"Training Staff is wonderful "

What do you like best?

Sonia and Navreet were wonderful with set up and training. Made it very easy to learn and informative. Great with both staff and management

What do you dislike?

Difficulty reaching customer support. Had issues I identifying my account

Recommendations to others considering the product

POS unit. Inventory control, Accounting, Payroll. Very user friendly. Cuts time spent on accounting and inventory

Silverware review by Danielle Q.
Danielle Q.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

very simple, easy to navigate. I have worked in many different restaurants and about half have used Silverware. It has been by far the easiest to learn a new restaurant's table layout/menu from.

What do you dislike?

Very old school layout, could be modernized

runs slowly

easy to use, easy to train others to use

"help desk"

What do you like best?

ease of system use, 24 hour help desk will answer phone quickly, servers like the ordering platform

What do you dislike?

help desk won't always communicate and some issues take days to resolve

easy to pull reports and training on system is simple the reports are accurate and easy to retrieve

Silverware review by Jocelyn L.
Jocelyn L.

"8/10 "

What do you like best?

It is user friendly and the ease of access of the online reports is great.

What do you dislike?

Although support is readily available at all times, most of the time they have been unhelpful to me.

Menu organization and ease of use. Looking into inventory management and theoretical costs next.

Silverware review by Elizabeth M.
Elizabeth M.

"It was ok"

What do you like best?

We liked how many options you can customize

What do you dislike?

We purchased this software as soon as it came out and with it were quite a bit of glitches so we were calling support almost daily.

We used Silverware to book customers, ring in orders and print bills.

Silverware review by Michael S.
Michael S.

"Great POS "

What do you like best?

System is very easy to maneuver,, good value for price.

What do you dislike?

Wish the guest checks would print like the screen display showing the discounted items and not just a lime item in the sub total

Easy of reporting to determine sales and best/ worst selling items

Silverware review by James B.
James B.

"Silverware has changed their business model to service is now a precedent of their business."

What do you like best?

The equipment is bomb proof and the service support is now very good.

What do you dislike?

Silverware has good equipment and now have a support system. Problems are now fixed on a timely basis by their service dept.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great Hardware & Good Service

I am now content with Silverware & can get on with using all the tools that the POS program has available.

Silverware review by Administrator in Restaurants
Administrator in Restaurants

"Silverware in Hospitality"

What do you like best?

Seamless integration with our property Management System

What do you dislike?

Took a long time to install. Our existing POS system was toll old and Silverware was not familiar with Maestro.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good product once up an running

One property Mgmt System with total integration with all support modules

Silverware review by Megan H.
Megan H.

"Awesome! So easy to sit customers"

What do you like best?

Silverware allows restaurants to sit customers easily and effectively. Being able to see the restaurant at a distance in real-time is very helpful.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was easier to add or subtract tables from the spread sheet.

Silverware allows me to be able to save customers time and energy by effectively seating them at the tables.

Silverware review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Stable software"

What do you like best?

Fairly easy Point of Sale System to learn and teach.

What do you dislike?

When purchasing the POS solution, we had to purchase the hardware for use and could not use our own servers for the data storage or the POS system in general.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Clear communication from the project manager/ implementation team that end user companies must use the equipment provided by Silverware.

We are using it as a POS system for the restaurant tabling and processing take out orders.

Silverware review by Brian L.
Brian L.

"Small tavern POS"

What do you like best?

touch screen and every item we carry can be easily accessed

What do you dislike?

system will periodically freeze up. a bit slow when two or more users are signed in.

loss of revenue by not having all inventory items accounted for

"Dated"

What do you like best?

Silverware POS is very fast. Tablet POS systems can't keep up with it. Pricing is fairly flexible as well.

What do you dislike?

Not very modern. Development for takeout and delivery option had stalled and there was no plan to improve them. Support for modern online platforms and APIs were not available.

Sliverware did not give us the ability to solve problems we would run into in the future, but did an efficient job at basic tasks.

Silverware review by User in Hospitality
User in Hospitality

"Silverware review"

What do you like best?

Easy to set up happy hour schedules and simple aesthetic format of pos computers.

What do you dislike?

Takes a long time to input new menu items and there is no streamline way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have great customer support - recently changed to have someone available all of the time

We use silverware daily in running our restaurant. The schedule function lets us set up a happy hour time with discounted pricing instead of adding additional buttons.

"Not a bad POS"

What do you like best?

Relatively easy to navigate system

Really good system to see sales data and do analysis

What do you dislike?

It's kind of hard to manipulate the system for quick service, better for restaurant i think

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not the best system, but it might be the best out there if you understand what i'm saying.

solving problems like understanding when traffic comes in so we can staff properly day to day and month to month

Silverware review by Executive Sponsor in Program Development
Executive Sponsor in Program Development

"Silverware"

What do you like best?

The telephone support that is really accessible when we need it (even after hours)

What do you dislike?

It is complex at first to learn but it does have the features we are looking for. The seat count is not always correct. for instance, if 3 people are sitting at a table of 4, it suggests that 4 people are there.

It gives me the reports I want

Silverware review by Administrator

"Good but can be even better"

What do you like best?

Simplicity of the system comparing to the previous one, convenience of the web access, accessible and friendly support team

What do you dislike?

Reports - formatting for CSV files, data presentation in transaction reports.

The CVS files does not allow to use data for the further analytics in Excel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommended

We replaced our previous outdated POS with SilverWare.

Simplicity of the system, flexibility of the access.

Silverware review by Shiju M.
Shiju M.

"Good Software"

What do you like best?

System gives out good information based on our requirement

What do you dislike?

System hangs up quite often, no modification is possible

Prompt reports

Silverware review by Administrator

"Install at The Alida hotel."

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of the system and how easy it was to install. The F&B teams love it!

What do you dislike?

I'm not a huge fan of the Clover integration. I feel there should be more flexibility there.

We've had challenges with Agilysys being too difficult to use. Silverware has been well received by everyone thats using it.

Silverware review by Administrator

"Great POS for our needs"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to charge items directly to our members accounts

What do you dislike?

It’s a little difficulty combining Silverware with my accounts package (Quickbooks) regardless of what I’ve been told by sales.

End of day reporting is much faster and more accurate than before with our old system. Staff picked up the new system quickly.

Silverware review by Sue-Anne B.
Sue-Anne B.

"Great!"

What do you like best?

It's easy to navigate. Colourful. Tech support is helpful. Programming is pretty easy.

What do you dislike?

Liquor programming. Lack of inventory system.

Integrated inventory systems ie Freepour would be a beneficial up sell. Training mode would be great. I havent used the customer loyalty but looks like a great thing for future.

Silverware review by User in Logistics and Supply Chain
User in Logistics and Supply Chain

"Positive experience with SilverWare as a waitress"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, easy to find products fast, especially easy to train new employees on/

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it would freeze or sign one of the servers out

Made entering orders in a small family owned restaurant easy and fast, easy to train people on

Silverware review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"generally a good system"

What do you like best?

user friendly for staff and admin; useful reporting; no issues with reliability

What do you dislike?

support is slow; integration with card processing partner has not been smooth;

follow up on additional features has been slow.

solid integrated pay at table system.

Good reporting systems

"Reliable, user friendly"

What do you like best?

easy to use/train new staff, can easily add/change new menu items

What do you dislike?

I don't have any major dislikes. Maybe easier sign in than typing pass codes each time? we do not use credit card feature

improving server efficiency

Silverware review by User in Music
User in Music

"Solid average"

What do you like best?

Pretty simple pos system which allows to run reports and analysis in real time

What do you dislike?

Some instructions are very difficult to understand. Not very friendly customer service

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this product for a small to medium size restaurant chain.

Analysis of daily, weekly, monthly and annual sales and key parameter indicators (KPI-s) for seven restaurants.

"User friendly "

What do you like best?

Very User friendly ! Great for a bar or restaurant !!!user friendly

What do you dislike?

Nothing really - great customer service

Great for multiple tabs multiple tables and table break downs

Learn more about Silverware

Silverware Videos

Learning about Silverware?

* We monitor all Silverware reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
3.8