SimilarWeb

Compare website traffic, discover valuable insights about competitors’ sites and Identify growth opportunities.

Work for SimilarWeb?

Learning about SimilarWeb?

SimilarWeb Reviews

Ask SimilarWeb a Question
Showing 27 SimilarWeb reviews
SimilarWeb review by <span>Agata J.</span>
Agata J.

"Competitive intelligence and website analytics platform"

What do you like best?

SimilarWeb offers free plan for beginners that includes up to five results per metrics, one months of mobile app data and three months , which is great for startup company. I like the feature where you can compare your website results with your competitors' website results and see it in comparison on one screen - it is very convenient and gives many insights.

What do you dislike?

Website and mobile app data that showed on similar web sometimes incorrect. I compared data in our Google Analytics and on SimilarWeb and have to say that Google Analytics is much more accurate and process new data much faster..

Recommendations to others considering the product

SimilarWeb is a great platform, but data could be not very accurate, so use SimilarWeb as an addition to GA

With SimilarWeb I get insights about website strategy of companies I am interested in, do keywords planning and analysis and simply track our website traffic in comparison with our main competitors.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SimilarWeb
SimilarWeb review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Don't pay for premium"

What do you like best?

The free extension and our CSM is definitely trying to make us happy.

What do you dislike?

This is not a technology, but a service. You enter domains in a spreadsheet that can do look-ups. You cannot easily do a list build and the way they do look-ups eats into your API calls, which are limited every month. My CSM is definitely trying to be helpful, but the technology is just not there. If you are in the US, they are based in Israel, so you will usually get a response the following day. So far, I am disappointed that I moved from free to premium.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask a lot of questions and have them show you their capabilities in the product (or lack thereof). They have over promised and under delivered to the point of not delivering at all.

Finding website traffic

What SEO solution do you use?

SimilarWeb review by <span>Mark B.</span>
Mark B.

"Website analytics for industry analysis"

What do you like best?

The ability to review website visits data by subdomain and to measure the global footprint of websites is extremely useful for my industry analyst projects.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes i think the algorithms they use might predict too high a rate of website visitor numbers, but if i am comparing across an industry, i assume that if there is a miscalculation in the algorithm that it affects all of the comparable sites equally so comparisons between industry competitors would still be valiud, but just perhaps not at the numbers being suggested.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product will really help you think outside the box in terms of market analysis, competitive positioning and industry trend analysis.I It really is what you make of it: i feel like there is a lot more analysis i could do with this if i spent more time digging in to the product's rich feature set.

I look at unique visits to developer portal subdomains of websites to measure the platform impacts of businesses. I can also make correlations between the success of digital transformation journeys and the industry category ranking of some businesses in particular verticals like banking. I have been able to enhance some analyst reports by looking at uptake of technologies globally and representing that visually, and in my own research i have been able to track what engagement strategies businesses were using that might see them achieving higher-than-expected traction in any given month and i can dig into referral sources to understand what moved the needle for them.

SimilarWeb review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"Does the job, could be better -- Could also be worse"

What do you like best?

It gives an OK estimate of site traffic. For a PR pro, it's a necessary tool to track metrics. The Chrome extension aspect of it is a huge plus. Makes it quick, seamless process.

What do you dislike?

It's not as good as it's predecessor, Compete. UVM doesn't really exist. It seems to share general site traffic which doesn't always seem accurate. Sometimes it's too low and others too high. For the most part, it does the job. Like I said, it could be better but could also be way worse.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it to get a ballpark estimate of website traffic. Consult other sources like Cision, Alexa Ranking, Google Analytics or any old records you have on hand for frequently visited sites.

It helps us gather UVM/circulation for online news sites and publications. It does help justify some publications to our clients and give us intel when reporters aren't forthcoming with their metrics or media kits.

SimilarWeb review by Administrator in Airlines/Aviation
Administrator in Airlines/Aviation

"Good but a bit pricey platform"

What do you like best?

It has many useful features that help to learn more about our industry and key players on the market. I like that I can create customized dashboards to monitor changes on the market and news and updates about our competitors and also see how our company performs against them.

What do you dislike?

Definitely the pricing options. Looks like they target medium and big companies and it is tough for small organization to pay such a high price for a software like this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try their free trial first before spending money for the software

Getting insights about our market and about companies I am interested in.

SimilarWeb review by <span>Ben O.</span>
Ben O.

"My favourite paid tool out of many... love it... but it is expensive. "

What do you like best?

Ok... so this tool is actually amazing. It allows you to look at the search engine traffic, referrals and outgoing traffic for competitors. You can export this into excel sheets to manipulate the data and it's great for identifying affiliate blogs to network with and adwords / ppc campaigns.

The support is also amazing. They're active on email, twitter and are happy to get on the phone.

What do you dislike?

The price! It takes a lot of persuading to get this paid for if you're working in a small company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

export the data and learn to manipulate it... look for long tail keywords to identify good niches

We identify trends and opportunities like good blogs to target. It informs our PPC campaigns.

Learning about SimilarWeb?

* We monitor all SimilarWeb reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.