Simple Poll

Simple Poll is a simple slack app designed to allow users to create native simple polls right within Slack.

Work for Simple Poll?

Learning about Simple Poll?

Compare Simple Poll to Similar Solutions

Simple Poll Reviews

Showing 58 Simple Poll reviews
Simple Poll review by <span>Muneeba F.</span>
Muneeba F.

"Get better solutions to problems"

What do you like best?

Polls help immensely in coming to a decision. The feature is free to add and all it takes is a few clicks for the Simple Poll to get added to your Slack work space. Anyone can then use it in your group to make polls and its very easy to use once you get the hang of it

What do you dislike?

Getting used to how to make polls is a bit difficult at start but can help easily in your Slack group.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, I would recoommend this to people who are already using Slack. A wonderful feature and is extremely helpful

Being the Head of Operations at a Research firms, there are a lot of decisions which I have to make and forego others. Polls help me in making a better decision. By just adding a poll on my Slack Group, I am able to get better answers for my question. In this way, we can even discuss all the possible options to a problem and come to a better and conclusive decision agreed by all.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Simple Poll
Simple Poll review by <span>Mollie M.</span>
Mollie M.

"Simple Poll is just that- a simple system for taking polls"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use- if we want to put a poll on Slack, all we have to do is type in /poll on the channel we want the poll on, and type in the information. You can also edit, and see the results in a second. Also, you can see who voted for what, in case that is needed.

What do you dislike?

Because of the layout, it can be confusing if the multiple choice results are numbers, since they are numbered. Then you end up with a lot of numbers on your results. For example, it might look like this:

How many pizzas should we order?

1. 1

2. 3

3. 5

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say steer clear from multiple choice options that are numbers. Because there are so many numbers listed in the platform, it can get really confusing for the people taking the poll. If you do use numbers, spell them out and use a unit (i.e, five pizzas, instead of "5").

We are able to quickly get answers without needing excessive feedback from the entire team. We used it to determine which other apps were "working" for our team on Slack, and everyone felt good about it because it's relatively non-confrontational and quick.

What Productivity Bots solution do you use?

Simple Poll review by <span>Ami B.</span>
Ami B.

"Easy and quick to use poll"

What do you like best?

The simple poll bot allows for you to easily create a poll and ask a question in a group chat, channel, or DM. You can add several options and see exactly who has voted for what option. Once you are done with the poll, you can easily delete it to keep your Slack channel free from clutter.

What do you dislike?

The UI isn't the nicest, but that is just aesthetics. The bigger problem for me, is that I can not limit people to select only one option from the poll. I wish I could state if this was a multiple choice or a single choice poll. I haven't been able to create an option with multiple words for a choice. I wish there was an option to see the results of the poll without showing any of the users the results of the poll for a more honest poll when it comes to a sensitive topic. I additionally wish that I could edit a poll or add additional options to the poll which at this time are not supported.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a lightweight polling integration into Slack I would suggest using this. It is good for check ups and that is about it.

I can quickly get a pulse on my team's needs and see where we stand. If I am worried about getting an honest response, I can also set the poll to be anonymous.

Simple Poll review by <span>Kimberly M. A.</span>
Kimberly M. A.

"A for functionality "

What do you like best?

the ability to poll a group of people. for some reason slack didn't think to have this feature built in naturally.

What do you dislike?

the way the results are displayed are legible but one has to read passed unnecessary info to get to the meat of the results.

we live in an age of finding the most efficient solution. i've see teammates use slack reaction emojis as tallies to count votes. this is your competitor in my opinion. a simple / easy to visualize tally system. that's what simple poll needs to be more like, simpler.

Recommendations to others considering the product

take the time to learn how to set up the questions and answers properly

it's a way to gather huge amounts of people into agreeing on 1 solution.

Simple Poll review by <span>Jake D.</span>
Jake D.

"Simple, clean and needed "

What do you like best?

Easy and visually clean app that allows for quick responses from the group.

What do you dislike?

There is a strange aspect of the app where the person who runs the poll is shown as answering all of the questions at the same time. To illustrate this -- let's say I run the poll for whether we should have pizza or subs for lunch. My group will see that I voted for both immediately. This is strange.

Quick, easy responses for office questions that don't need an in-depth answer. Don't use this to ask "what can our office do better?" but use it for something fun or simple like asking what music the radio should be turned to after the current playlist.

Simple Poll review by G2 Crowd User
G2 Crowd User

"Extremely easy to use quick poll for team members"

What do you like best?

I like that this is a completely customized poll feature that as a stand alone feature or as a feature that is embedded in a communication chain. I like that you can add as many responses as you like and if you have the Slack dashboard, you will see responses as soon as they are submitted.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how the feature may get "lost" in a long communication chain. This is really meant for a quick poll with quick responses and for the synthesis to come immediately after.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend encouraging your work groups to download Slack dashboard so that when you create a poll, others will see it and hopefully respond to it quickly. This is a great way to get instant results, that they team may see and act upon. I enjoy the custom feature of creating a survey that takes seconds! Do try to get use the results quickly, as the survey may get "lost" in a long communication chain.

I am able to create a poll without using a feature outside of Slack, which is incredibly useful when you're in a pinch for time. I am able to construct a survey in seconds, and if my group is logged in, and respond quickly, this is really the fastest way to collect data from a poll.

Simple Poll review by G2 Crowd User in Government Administration
G2 Crowd User in Government Administration

"Easy to use polling with great functionality"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to create a poll and outline response options and what they mean. There is a little bit of memorizing the format that you have to do, but the format and the commands are very intuitive. It's very fast to participate in the poll, and the app is easy to use for both admins and users.

What do you dislike?

If you're doing an easy poll where you're looking for a majority vote - this is perfect. If you're polling colleagues, and it's important to you that you hear from everyone - the names are too small, and it's just as hard to keep track who responded and who didn't as if you were asking the question and keeping track of answers via other means.

Finding a time/place to meet or a topic to discuss; simple yes/no questions with regards to receipts of various things (newsletters, mail, etc.) or tasks completed (e.g. securing a conference registration); learning about others' opinions (you can even create anonymous polls);

Simple Poll review by <span>Stephanie T.</span>
Stephanie T.

"Make your own polls with added quirks!"

What do you like best?

In general, we enjoy slack because you can customize it to make it seem more like your team. Like, if you look at ours, you'll notice right away that we're an office of weirdos haha.

But with this specific add-on, I like that you can make the polling options fun emojis. Like when we are voting for a place for lunch, your options can be the ramen emoji (for ramen), sushi emoji (for sushi), or burrito (for Mexican).

What do you dislike?

Maybe we just aren't using it right, but I wish you were able to limit the amount of votes you can have. Like for us, some people will select multiple options. I also wish we could see it more as a bar, rather than just showing us the number of votes an option got. I like the emoji option, but I'd like to option to show different visualization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I said this in an earlier comment, but different poll options and visualizations would help it be more flexible for the end user.

Well, choosing lunch spots every Wednesday has gotten easier! Though, we do still end up arguing about it haha.

Simple Poll review by <span>Simone A.</span>
Simone A.

"Polls, but not so simple"

What do you like best?

This bot is fully integrated into Slack, so it is possible to launch polls easily.

A command-line system allows to create a poll and add answers to it.

Users can reply to the poll by selecting one of the answers you provided. There's virtually no limit to the polls that can be added.

What do you dislike?

Need to remember how to open new polls. Not easy to change poll answers when the poll has already been started. Not so easy to find the poll when other messages flood the channel, unless it has been pinned.

Not easy to retrieve different polls launched in the past.

So in a few words, the biggest issue about Simple poll is its lack of features: it's way too simple.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to launch simple (very simple) polls across your team, it's ok.

Moreover, it's free so it could be definitely a good choice.

Otherwise, if you have more complex poll needs, you should consider adhoc tools such as polls.io, Easypolls, Surveymonkey, Google Forms, Doodle, etc.

Receive rapid feedback from the team about a proposal.

Simple Poll review by <span>Brad P.</span>
Brad P.

"The name says it all!"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of this bot is awesome. Use the same simple format each time you wish to take a poll. Voting is easy, and you can see your results with a glance.

What do you dislike?

If your poll involves numbers, it can be tricky, since they list your poll options by number instead of bullet points. If your options include zero as an option, you can have a scenario where you click 1 to vote for zero, click 2 to vote for one, etc. That can be misleading, and led to some confusion once where we had to redo the survey.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want quick and easy, this is the way to go. We've not used it for the most complex of surveys, but what we have used it for, has been perfect.

It's been great for getting consensus for simple things like who wants what for breakfast, to more complex things like feature development selection.

G2 Crowd User in Computer Software

"What's great about Simple Poll"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to quickly poll a large number of people within our organization on any topic .

What do you dislike?

Simple Poll is, as hinted at in the name, a tool for making simple polls. Perhaps there could be more features around displaying the results or allowing for different types of questions, but I honestly don't view this as a serious problem given the tool's intended use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simple Poll is a great way to quickly draw out answers to a question from members of your organization (or externally through shared channels). I would definitely recommend others try out Simple Poll.

We use Simple Poll at work to vote on all sorts of things such as what day should we have off one month, what problems employees see with a particular service we offer, or who has the best king cake (we're located in New Orleans).

Simple Poll review by <span>Arthur B.</span>
Arthur B.

"Quick and Easy for the Busy Office"

What do you like best?

I like being able to read something and respond quickly by selecting a number (or more if applicable). It's not too complex to set up either.

What do you dislike?

In Slack, it does take up a good amount of space in the channel. It can also move pretty far up if people keep talking about it or move onto other things.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's an alternative to using Google's forms. I'm not sure if you can be anonymous with Simple Poll, but it's something to keep in mind.

One more thing: have the poll in a popular channel that doesn't get used too much. Something like #random is a terrible place to put it.

General polling when finding out what a large group would prefer for public knowledge. We've used it for lunch decisions, popular content areas, and even what sort of features we should focus on for next quarter.

Simple Poll review by <span>Shayla N.</span>
Shayla N.

"Need input & Slack's your main comm. tool? Look no further."

What do you like best?

We just started using this in Slack recently and it's already proven helpful. In coordinating office events, it can be difficult to choose the best day for as many people as possible. This helped us pick when to have an office event. It took a few seconds to provide input and was easy for the person in charge to set it up.

What do you dislike?

Right now there doesn't seem to be a downside. I'm excited to use it more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This can be easier than using a google form for quick answers that don't need to be anonymous. The team was able use it and make a decision based on the results in a matter of minutes for us (we're quick responders!).

So far it's been useful in selecting a day for a company wide event, especially during a busy season.

Simple Poll review by <span>Keia H.</span>
Keia H.

"Exactly what it says on the tin"

What do you like best?

It's the easiest thing to use, kinda hard to forget how to use it.

What do you dislike?

I kinda wish that it was "prettier"? I dunno like, make the polls look more like a designed div than essentially text with emojis. Honestly, I don't even dislike that enough to call it a problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it! I'm using it as a Slack integration. You can always uninstall it later.

Although we don't use it very often, we do use it for semi-serious and silly polls, like "which version of this design works best?" or "which made-up word describes how you feel right now?"

Simple Poll review by <span>Daniel Q.</span>
Daniel Q.

"Good for very simple polls, other bots provide more functionality"

What do you like best?

With a few, simple commands on Slack, anyone is able to set up and send very simple polls to whoever.

What do you dislike?

For what I use it for, it is very functional! It's not easy to have it do very complicated things like other polling bots.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not much! Good to set up if you need to make some, as the name of the bot suggests, simple polls. Good at it's limited role.

Simple polls that we need to do, such as "should we cancel this meeting", or "should we go get lunch?". Very easy to make things such as this.

Simple Poll review by <span>Kelsey B.</span>
Kelsey B.

"Exactly What it Purports to Be"

What do you like best?

I love the idea of using reactions to count as votes on a post, and Simple Poll does a great job making a post for that purpose quick.

What do you dislike?

The app can be fussy. For example, I just barely wrote a poll with options "Yes" "No" and "Can't Tell"--and Simple Poll broke out "Can't" and "Tell" into two separate options. I checked--it wasn't a glitch of the single quote, but rather, if you forget quote marks around the question. I suppose, like most Slack integrations, it requires very specific syntax.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I prefer Simple Poll to Polly.

Quick polling of employees in Slack (e.g. which activity would you like to do for our retreat? What snack would you like for the office to bring in on Friday? What are the most difficult phone calls to process?)

Simple Poll review by <span>Matt B.</span>
Matt B.

"Very simple, but it just works."

What do you like best?

It's incredibly intuitive, and pretty easy to utilize. Most users are able to figure out the interface and user options fairly quickly.

What do you dislike?

It's a simple poll. That said, in cases where you may want to utilize advanced poll features, you may find it lacking somewhat. For instance, users can multi-select responses and you can't limit that. Additionally it fills a large portion of the screen.

The ability to anonymously poll a channel is fantastic and has helped us gained insights very quickly from a large number of people, without formalizing survey monkey or other external tools.

"Great Resource"

What do you like best?

I like having an easy way to take a pole within slack without having to send out a link to an external website. In the past, I would use a website to gather poll information, but since I already use slack in my workplace, implementing simple poll was easy and eliminated an extra step for those filling out the poll. I also like how easy it is to see the responses right in my slack account, which is probably already pulled up anyways!

What do you dislike?

I don't think there is anything I dislike!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love Simple Poll. If you're already using Slack, it's a no brainer!

People are a lot more likely to take a pole when it's right in slack, so it's great to have more people answering so we get more accurate information.

Simple Poll review by <span>Nicole B.</span>
Nicole B.

"Great for simple opinion collections but not for anything complex "

What do you like best?

When you want to ask you team to choose between a few options and not receive a million suggestions , simple pole is perfect. It is great for simple direct answers with one variable.

What do you dislike?

When trying to do more that one variable or place and time vs just time , the pole does not work well which result in people writing their preference instead of clicking the option they want.

It speeds up the decision making process for simple decisions and allows in app vote count so results are in real-time.

Simple Poll review by <span>Steven H.</span>
Steven H.

"Simple polling integration for Slack "

What do you like best?

Easy way to get feedback pretty quickly without much effort. When working in teams get an immediate response to a poll. Quick to send out with a full Slack integration. Also, use for customer feedback, etc.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything to dislike. This bot is not complicated to use. Simply type /poll and the formula needed to set up a poll quickly displays. Very easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use polling software to get instant feedback, The integration with Slack makes this a no brainer to use.

Get instant feedback from coworkers, partners, or customers. Can be used to make decisions without utilizing a formal process of gathering the necessary opinions. Also, polling can reduce the need for qualitative input.

Simple Poll review by <span>Chelsea L.</span>
Chelsea L.

"Simple poll is easy"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to use the simple poll. Everything is right in slack for me to get answers from my team.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a little more functionality in how results are displayed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not make complicated questions

It is really hard to schedule meetings with my team since we are all in different areas. We use simple poll to generate different times for meetings and have different members vote on the time that works best for them.

Simple Poll review by <span>Kenny M.</span>
Kenny M.

"SimplePoll is great. I'm trying to keep my headline simple."

What do you like best?

There aren't too many bells and whistles with SimplePoll, which is exactly what I'm looking for. I don't need a tremendous amount of other functionality. It has let us create "SimplePolls," but with live results populating in my Slack field. Not every poll plug-in has that, which is surprising.

What do you dislike?

I wish I had more use for a plug-in like this, but I just don't conduct polls too often.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't expect a revolutionary product. It provides polls.

Often, I'm resolving issues that are pertaining to very low level issues (i.e. where do we want to go to lunch, what should the end of week activities be, etc.). They are issues dealing more with morale versus productivity.

G2 Crowd User in Marketing and Advertising

"A very simple poll that lives up to its name"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to create polls, and how simple it is to participate. I also like that it's available within the Slack app, without having to go to an external page.

What do you dislike?

It's possible that this is an option that I missed, but people are allowed to vote multiple times on these polls. Ideally, there would be an option to allow people to only vote once.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This works well as a very basic option, but more advanced polls may require more advanced software.

It has helped our company make quick, simple decisions on the spot. This has offered a simpler and faster alternative to creating a Survey Monkey survey or something similar.

Simple Poll review by <span>Marlissa W.</span>
Marlissa W.

"Slack poll is a gem!"

What do you like best?

I love that slack poll allows users to have the ability to have an anonymous poll so the team can make a decision without having to worry what management level thinks. Also, i love the design and how fun it is to use. I

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I can think of that I would improve on the poll. It's simple, clean, easy to use and gets the job done.

Since it is so easy on the eyes and fun to use, we use simple poll a lot. t has helped my team make a lot of decisions anything from picking lunch to deciding implementation methods, to deciding which projects who wants to pick up.

"simple yet effective"

What do you like best?

this is a good tool for anyone who regularly uses slackr and wants to quick survey. you can ask yes/no questions or customize your own responses; it formats it into an "emoji" looking survey which adds a nice touch. very basic selection but it does what it needs to do

What do you dislike?

slackr uses a "coding" like integration so to add a new poll you must use the /poll command and follow their protocol. for example you must use specific parenthesis or quotations or else the program will not recognize your survey. this is fine for someone used to coding or typing but could be a bit tedious for someone who is not familiar with the language format

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this for a quick and simple polling tool. nothing too complex but is efficient to get answers quickly in terms of numbers of responses. good for quantitive data rather than qualitative

solves quick questions such as if people are available to meet today or if people have completed their tasks for the day or what do you want to order for lunch. it can really be used as a tool to get any simple choice data from colleagues

Simple Poll review by <span>Sean C.</span>
Sean C.

"Perfect for quick office questions and mini-debates"

What do you like best?

I like that anyone can use it, and how easy it is to create a new poll. We regularly use this to create polls on our release names.

What do you dislike?

10 option limit is a bit limiting sometimes, would also like to see better reporting or be able to kill the poll after a certain point.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very simple and lightweight. Don't expect everything in this.

No real business problems, just a nice integration to have in Slack.

Simple Poll review by G2 Crowd User in Management Consulting
G2 Crowd User in Management Consulting

"The name says it all... Simple Poll"

What do you like best?

Dead simple to use, for on the fly polls of my team that only involve a few straight-forwards questions.

What do you dislike?

I haven't run across anything in this dead simple Slack app / bot that I don't like. It literally does exactly what we need it to, and quickly!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It doesn't take the place of a real survey tool, it does fill a need to VERY quickly poll your team on a multiple choice question. My team uses it mostly for meeting spaces and lunch / activities, but our design team uses it for on the fly opinions for UX/design, which is brilliant.

For my team, I don't think 'simple poll' was as much of a solution to a problem, as it was a simple way to streamlining slacks back and for on questions. For other working groups, it was more of a solution, like for the Design/UX team. They put out quick polls on simple feature sets, and get instant answers - no focus groups, no tracking data, etc.

G2 Crowd User in Internet

"Easy way to take a poll"

What do you like best?

Simple Poll makes it quick and easy to take a poll and see what people think on a subject within Slack. It makes communication more efficient than having meetings or individual conversations, or even having to dig through multiple slack answers or conversations, so decisions can be made more quickly.

What do you dislike?

The only dislike I can come up with is there aren't any formatting options

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would consider Simple Poll if you're looking for an efficient way to get the opinions of a large group, especially if that group is spread out over multiple locations.

It allows for more efficient communication and decision making within/for a team.

G2 Crowd User in Marketing and Advertising

"Making lunch decisions with your co-workers much easier."

What do you like best?

It's incredibly simple and relevant. I can't tell you how many times we go back and forth regarding where we're going for lunch. Using simple poll makes deciding much easier. From serious yes or no polls to just goofing around, it's effective.

What do you dislike?

Nothing in particular, but I think the only downside to simple poll is it's sometimes easier just to suggest or ask what you're wondering.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No recommendations needed. It's very simple to set up and to use and it's a fun way of crowd sourcing.

Office polls of simple "Yes" or "No", but I wouldn't say we're necessarily solving business problems with the add-on.

Simple Poll review by <span>Laura G.</span>
Laura G.

"Aptly Named"

What do you like best?

Simple Poll is aptly named when you want to send your group a quick poll. When you don't need complex poll, this is a great integration tool.

What do you dislike?

It's a little clunky to create answer choices.

Instead of multiple emails back and forth about "What name should we change to?" A simple poll can be created with everyone having a voice.

Simple Poll review by <span>Eddie M.</span>
Eddie M.

"Exactly as Advertised "

What do you like best?

The easiness of being able to run a poll in Slack makes life tremendously easier. Seeing the results as they come in and immediate feedback makes it easier to get things rolling.

What do you dislike?

At times the voting can be a bit cumbersome and will sometimes skew the results, but it can be corrected.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a whirl and see if it is for you!

This is a Simple Poll, and allows me to run quick polls for lunch, happy hours, favorite icons and colors. Essentially I can get a quick pulse check for those involved in voting.

Simple Poll review by <span>Pavel R.</span>
Pavel R.

"Very cool bot to make quick decision inside team."

What do you like best?

We have used this bot in our Slack communication when discussions had place. With help of this bot decision making was easy and fun.

What do you dislike?

In my opinion there is nothing to dislike. This bot is easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Perfect tool for easy and fun poll in your chat.

Simple and fun voting, easy decision accept inside team.

Simple Poll review by <span>Duje J.</span>
Duje J.

"Great implementation, but UI is slightly lacking"

What do you like best?

Easy to implement, super simple to use, easy to see results

What do you dislike?

When you first create a poll, and the options are listed out, users always want to click on the number icons there, instead of the buttons below. Simple UI design flaw but just a little annoying

Saves time in making small day to day decisions

Simple Poll review by <span>Vanessa C.</span>
Vanessa C.

"Easy way to get opinions"

What do you like best?

Since our company is an avid Slack user, we use slack's Simple Poll bot to quickly get opinions on new products or company events.

What do you dislike?

Polls aren't anonymous (but there might be a setting to change that?)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great way to get consensus on company event dates/ideas!

Company event planning is the number 1 use for Simple Poll.

Simple Poll review by <span>Judy H.</span>
Judy H.

"simple poll is so convenient!"

What do you like best?

the ability to do simple polls with my coworkers without having to go to another website

What do you dislike?

there is nothing i don't like about this polling add-on

Recommendations to others considering the product

definitely get it as an add on for slack, makes asking and polling for responses quick and easy

get quick survey of a small or large group of employees

"Simple and Easy"

What do you like best?

Quite simple and easy to use via Slack command, I don't use it very often, but when I needed it, it's much easier than typing a form to collect feedbacks from team. The new button option is a nice touch.

What do you dislike?

Would be nice that other users have the ability to add more choices to the poll.

Easy to collect feedbacks from team, but it's still mainly for less important things like "where should we go for a drink", "what date we should have the party" ...

"Simple and easy"

What do you like best?

it's very easy to create i think anyone can do it. i was able to set it up by myself and i am not tech-savvy. it's easy to use in slack when you want to see a general consensus about your co-workers and peers

What do you dislike?

it's almost toooo simple and sometimes i need more complex answers (open-ended). it's more of like a friend to friend thing that you can post on facebook or other social media.

Recommendations to others considering the product

just for simple ideas

i am able to create internal polls for my coworkers for easy things like catering and lunches. we only use it in house but are thinking of using it in our marketing emails to see what our clients want to see more of/less of.

"Great for quick polls"

What do you like best?

Simple Poll is relatively easy to set up, and provides a good quick look to any simple questions you may have. We have used it to gain insight into what kind of events we should hold and what opinions people may have on certain things.

What do you dislike?

The way Simple Poll displays can be kind of confusing.

Simple Poll makes it easy for us to do a quick, no-nonsense poll on a platform where it will be seen by the majority of our employees.

G2 Crowd User in Computer Software

"Quick & Convenient Survey for Slack"

What do you like best?

It's a super quick and easy way to make decisions and see what the team wants to do.

What do you dislike?

Somewhat confusing when trying to set up multiple answers/options

Recommendations to others considering the product

If all you need is a simple polling solution, this will do it! Will not work for advanced options or those who need to constantly edit/modify polls. Slightly annoying that polls cannot be modified after they are created. This leads to having to create new polls every time anything changes.

Tallying up results for who wants to do what, like where to eat. It makes it easier to figure out what to do when planning events or other activities that require making a decision on where to go.

Simple Poll review by G2 Crowd User in Higher Education
G2 Crowd User in Higher Education

"Simple, Effective Polling in Slack"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to set up a poll and put it in a Slack channel or direct message.

What do you dislike?

Not very many customization options. What you see is what you get.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want something simple to poll your Slack teams with, Simple Poll gets the job done.

We'll use this for quick meeting voting or for fun things like where to go for lunch or who will win the game this weekend.

Simple Poll review by <span>Veronica F.</span>
Veronica F.

"Simple and Effective"

What do you like best?

It helps count office opinions and eases the burden of making a decision for the whole team. From business decisions to what we're ordering for lunch.

What do you dislike?

It's accessibility can make for too many joke-y polls that clog up the feed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's very flexible regardless of your needs.

Some business decisions are easily made through the poll tool when gathering stakeholders for a meeting proves to be too difficult.

"Simple Poll Review"

What do you like best?

It's a very handy way to get quick answers for your team about group projects, meetings, etc.

What do you dislike?

It does this funky thing where it automatically puts one person as the answer to all of the options, which throws the count off a little and is confusing for the person that it chooses to auto-populate with.

We use it to quickly determine next steps and solve stalemates.

Simple Poll review by <span>Larry W.</span>
Larry W.

"Good for what it does, but could be better"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use and create polls. Slim interface helps with this

What do you dislike?

Editing polls is cumbersome. Being able to change data easier would be much better than the web interface. SHould be able to edit/move a poll right from slack interface

We use Simple Poll for multiple aspects, whether it's a social event, or a potential change in configuration or environment

"Solid polling software"

What do you like best?

Has a nice sleek look for displaying results. Is functional and not too difficult to figure out. It allows people who are already residing in the solution to provide feedback.

What do you dislike?

No frills, doesn't allow for deeper analysis of results. Otherwise, it seems more functional and utilitarian.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Works fine and is a nice plugin from the Slack ecosystem. Easier to implement this than go outside and find polling software to integrate.

A quick solution for compiling poll data for initiatives and ideas. Able to capitalize on existing Slack traffic since everyone in the company is already there.

Simple Poll review by G2 Crowd User in Non-Profit Organization Management
G2 Crowd User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Simple polling tool"

What do you like best?

The app is really simple to use and there isn't really much to it. If you are already using Slack, this is a great tool to use with your co-workers to make simple decisions such as, "where to go to lunch". It's not the best tool if you need to poll and get feedback.

What do you dislike?

This is a REALLY simple polling app and I wouldn't expect any sophisticated if you want to do ranks, etc.

When a quick decision needs to be made, this has been great way to get multiple stakeholders involved.

G2 Crowd User in Information Technology and Services

"simple, easy & quick to set up!"

What do you like best?

very easy to use and to read the results!

What do you dislike?

nothing jumps out as an obvious dislike. One issue is if you delete the slack poll, you can't close the survey to start a new one in the same channel

super quick polling that gets better traction/participation in my org vs a google form.

Simple Poll review by G2 Crowd User in Writing and Editing
G2 Crowd User in Writing and Editing

"Simply Polling"

What do you like best?

Super easy to use

Allows you to put in data and organize efficiently

What do you dislike?

I have no dislike, I do wish that I can incorporate more filtering (but that's something that many polling sites don't let you do automatically do I am use to it)

Recommendations to others considering the product

My experience is based on my use. My partner had Introduced me to it so I was lucky enough to just play around with it. Unfortunately I Was lightly guided through

Wrote an in depth article about campus drug policies increasing despite new policies in tact

Simple Poll review by G2 Crowd User in Retail
G2 Crowd User in Retail

"Simple Poll is just that... Simple. "

What do you like best?

Simple Poll makes it easy to take a quick survey. Rather than counting up each vote from each slack message, Simple Poll gathers the information for you.

What do you dislike?

It is pretty hard to dislike something that is so simple to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's very easy to use and user friendly!

It is rather hard to get your peers to answer a simple email but when you and your colleges are constantly on Slack, it's just easier to get answers through a chat room than waiting for people to check their inbox.

G2 Crowd User in Internet

"Simple poll does exactly that"

What do you like best?

It is simple to use and works. No bells and whistles. Exactly what you need it to do.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything about this particular bot. Thumbs up all around

It is an easy way to poll other team members and figure out quick answers to questions or settle debates

Simple Poll review by G2 Crowd User in Retail
G2 Crowd User in Retail

"Easy fun way to get an answer!"

What do you like best?

It's simple to set up and simple for everyone to respond to the poll

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure I dislike anything, it doesn't have many customizations but it's a simple tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

no brainer!

It's just really easy to collect lunch orders or pick a meeting time without the fuss

G2 Crowd User in Internet

"Simple pole lives up to it's name"

What do you like best?

It's super easy to quickly have people vote on something.

What do you dislike?

The interface is a little clunky and there's no preview mode. I make polls in my own channel first to test them out before posting to a group.

Ability to quickly have people vote on something rather than having to send an email and aggregate data. Easy for yes/no questions or when there's only several options and you need a response from the whole team. We use it mostly for logistical things.

Simple Poll review by <span>Tyra P.</span>
Tyra P.

"Great for doing fast polling!"

What do you like best?

I love that you can integrate this into so many places and people find it easy to use.

What do you dislike?

You can’t really poll complicated polls just simple ones

Quick decision making and preferences for people on my team wintiut having to do elaborate surveying.

G2 Crowd User in Information Technology and Services

"Very easy to use and easy to read"

What do you like best?

Very easy for coworkers to use and fast.

What do you dislike?

Wish there was an option for us to transfer everything to an excel document with graphs and charts

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to use if using slack. Highly recommend.

Business ideas, decisions, restaraunts, etc.

G2 Crowd User in Marketing and Advertising

"Simple poll simplifies and keeps it concise"

What do you like best?

It keeps conversations succinct and prevents a lot of back and forth to help us make quick decisions

What do you dislike?

No major dislikes so far. It performs as expected

Organizational and group decisions are simplified without unnecessary chiming in or changes

Simple Poll review by <span>Sarah B.</span>
Sarah B.

"Very confusing, not always clear how to set up"

What do you like best?

I like the idea of this product, but the execution isn't ideal.

What do you dislike?

it can be very confusing when setting up a poll.

I've tried to use it to gain consensus on certain issues, but with no luck.

G2 Crowd User in Internet

"The name doesn't lie: simple poll"

What do you like best?

Easy way to crowdsource amongst coworkers. Can be used for fun and for more important info gathering.

What do you dislike?

It all depends on how you use it. Sometimes it can get excessive - but I think that is more depending on how coworkers use it, not the product itself.

Needing to gather quick information from employees. Easy way to make democratic decisions and crowdsource the workspace.

G2 Crowd User in Internet

"Reliable and easy to use"

What do you like best?

It's really easy to pin a poll to a room and have the results you need

What do you dislike?

I havent encountered anything I didn't like

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a really easy to use tool that integrates really beautifully with slack. that was our main usage of it more for fun engagement purposes than serious data collection

quick surveys for lunch or meeting topics

Simple Poll review by G2 Crowd User in Newspapers
G2 Crowd User in Newspapers

"Works well for creating polls"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use and layed out in a clear and understandable way.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike, it's pretty straightforward. Maybe less colorful.

It's a good way to create polls simply.

Learning about Simple Poll?

* We monitor all Simple Poll reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Simple Poll to Similar Solutions