SimpleLegal

Modern legal operations platform that combines e-Billing, matter management, accruals management and legal analytics for in-house counsel.

Work for SimpleLegal?

Learning about SimpleLegal?

SimpleLegal Reviews

Ask SimpleLegal a Question
Showing 7 SimpleLegal reviews
SimpleLegal review by Felicia C.
Felicia C.

"eBilling, Vendor Management and Accruals made easy!"

What do you like best?

There are so many things I like about SimpleLegal. To start, SimpleLegal's user interface is super easy to use and very intuitive. There's not much training, if any at all to get my team up and running using this eBilling tool. My team also loves the different graphs and metrics the tool is able to show. At any given moment, I can see how much we've spent broken down by matter, matter group, month, billing attorney, firm, you name it, they've got the breakdown. Perhaps what I like best is SimpleLegal's ability to take customer feedback/recommendations and implement it into the tool.

What do you dislike?

I'd love to have the ability to send secondary and final approvers comments/notes within a specific invoice that does not get sent to my AP team or to the vendor. This would create a seamless workflow and cut down on the amount of back and forth emails when there is an issue with a particular invoice.

I'm hoping customers will soon be able to download charts/graphs instead of simply taking screen shots directly from the "Monthly Spend" view. SimpleLegal has built such a great foundation and I'm hoping as their team and business grows, we'll be able to do even more customizations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SimpleLegal is an awesome tool and their customer support is second to none. I never feel left in the dark and they are always readily available to help with any questions I may have.

Providing monthly and quarterly accruals for my AP team is a breeze. With a few clicks of a button, I am able to provide my AP team a full CSV file with all of the information they need.

SimpleLegal's graphs and metrics are AMAZING! Again, with a few clicks of a button, I am able to generate charts and graphs for my general counsel and executive team. No more time is spent building graphs in Excel.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SimpleLegal
SimpleLegal review by Adam I.
Adam I.

"Excellent Billing Management & Metrics System"

What do you like best?

SimpleLegal has made AP for legal invoices much more efficient, particularly for our legal department which uses a variety of legal service providers. It also provides excellent metrics that I use to see which matters are using the most budget and to measure which firms are providing services efficiently.

The approval workflows help ensure that correct stakeholders are accountable for expenses and the accruals functionality gives our finance team greater visibility into legal spend as well.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see greater integrations with our finance systems in their product roadmap.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product that has saved me a lot of administrative work and improved our insights into legal spend.

We had multiple law firms mailing invoices after accruing several months worth of fees and were tracking them manually. Often the totals would come as a surprise and we would have to go back to them to get explanations. With SimpleLegal, we get insight into monthly accruals and can halt work that is exceeding our spend expectations (or adjust budgets) at an earlier stage.

What Legal Billing solution do you use?

SimpleLegal review by Oriana K.
Oriana K.

"Streamlines Invoice Intake for In-House Counsel!"

What do you like best?

Simplelegal's platform is super user-friendly and intuitive. Previously, I had been processing itemized invoices from 50+ legal vendors, manually breaking out and tracking billing amounts by matter. With Simplelegal, I occassionally update my matter list - and the rest of the work is done for me. I feel more confident that my budget is tracking accurately rather than the old way of entering it into my own spreadsheet.

What do you dislike?

My only wishes are for Simplelegal to have more options for automated messaging to vendorsm outside of accrual requests - and to have the system integrate better with the billing systems of my A/P department to reduce the work on our side to approve and pay.

In the past, if I didn't properly update my budget tracking spreadsheet immediately upon processing invoices, I would find myself rushing to pull together numbers upon finance's request in terms of accruals, overages, etc. Simplelegal also allows me to view the work by several different methods - invoice date v. the actual time period the work was completed in. I can quickly generate reports on how we are tracking on the budget in a variety of forms.

SimpleLegal review by Madhvi P.
Madhvi P.

"SimpleLega review"

What do you like best?

Consolidates all legal services.

Accrual report is useful at month end for the accounting team

What do you dislike?

The accrual report can be improved - when we download it the report is too messy.

Consolidation of all our legal services.

SimpleLegal review by Internal Consultant in Internet
Internal Consultant in Internet

"Good support during implementation"

What do you like best?

TPM did a great job in supporting the implementation, with good knowledge of its systems, understanding of feature roadmap, knowing the legal ebilling business, and hands on data processing skills.

What do you dislike?

SL ebilling solution is still adding more features in its continued development.

Improving lega ebilling process for the company.

SimpleLegal review by Administrator

"SimpleLegal Accrual Component"

What do you like best?

This is a great addition to the billing system for outside legal counsel invoices. Our accounting team can access the spreadsheet that vendors add their monthly accrual estimates for bills coming to the system. Saves so much time sending emails and gathering numbers. Huge thanks for the team on this addition.

What do you dislike?

None so far. This product delivers with ease of use and other features.

Monthly accrual reports for finance team

SimpleLegal review by User in Business Supplies and Equipment
User in Business Supplies and Equipment

"Brand ambassador"

What do you like best?

Helps control your spending and evaluating

What do you dislike?

N/A I really do not find anything wrong

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/A

I have not much business problems, just trying to manage on what I spend per month.

Learning about SimpleLegal?

* We monitor all SimpleLegal reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.