Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

SimplePractice

(16 reviews)

SimplePractice is an industry-leading practice management software for therapists to manage their businesses, with features like AutoPay, online booking, and customizable therapy notes.

Work for SimplePractice?

Learning about SimplePractice?

SimplePractice Reviews

Ask SimplePractice a Question
Showing 16 SimplePractice reviews
SimplePractice review by Diane  S.
Diane S.

"Customer support HELL"

What do you like best?

Scheduling clients and charting are super easy.

What do you dislike?

There is no way to describe the level of frustration I have experienced trying to get some live support. There is NO telephone number you can call to get a live person on the phone to help you figure out a problem. There isn't even a live help option. Every problem I have tried to ask for help for - via email - I get an email response to a day or day and half later. There are complex problems that have to be sorted out - and it takes an incredible amount of time trying to put everything into writing - not to mention waiting at least 24 hours for a response - and if the person's response doesn't answer the question..... you have to start all over again. It's in the DARK AGES, really.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you think you will need live support, then this isn't the EHR for you. Simple Practice staff have told me to watch YouTube videos and "join the on line community" to ask questions. This is absurd! I want to talk to a knowledgeable person who can help me solve problems with my account.

I am not solving business problems - I am creating them actually - because if something goes wrong with insurance billing - there seems to be no effective way to get support so as to resolve the problems, such that the problems snowball.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SimplePractice
SimplePractice review by Hillary U.
Hillary U.

"An EHR system that works! "

What do you like best?

I love how clean and modern Simple Practice looks. I have been able to easily learn how to integrate client information, notes, and billing with minimal hassle.

What do you dislike?

I do wish they had phone support. I also don't love how the self-scheduling feature is designed aesthetically as it can be confusing for clients at times booking.

It has saved me so much time and energy using the client self-scheduling feature as well as having my clients fill out intake paperwork online before coming in for their initial session.

What Mental Health solution do you use?

SimplePractice review by Jason M.
Jason M.

"The name says it all!!"

What do you like best?

I used this with my dad which is a Doctor, easy software to actually have an online scheduling and intake, you are able to actually integrate payments by processing auto pay as well.

One of the best features is the free online help articles and the free month trial, we had looked at so many options but by far this one is the best!.

What do you dislike?

The only think i can say that i did not like about this was the you can't actually turn off the the need to confirm appointments and its very timely consuming to actually confirm every single appointment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent tool when it comes to have a neatly and improved scheduling system.

My dad is a ongoing Doctor and we used this to schedule appointments and take payments for him.

SimplePractice review by Arianna F.
Arianna F.

"Amazing product for case management"

What do you like best?

I greatly appreciate the ease of managing clients, their progress notes, psychotherapy notes, billing, and treatment plans.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, I have not experienced any limitations while using this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely recommend this product for managing your practice. It has the capability to keep notes, manage your schedule, create billings, treatment plans, diagnoses...basically everything you'd need in private practice!

Case management. I benefit from using SimplePractice because it keeps everything organized in a central location. I can easily access case information from the office or at home, which makes me more accessible to my clients and able manage my cases remotely.

SimplePractice review by Leslie K.
Leslie K.

"Simple Practice really is simple!"

What do you like best?

My favorite part about Simple Practice is the daily emails. I never thought that would be something I'd say, but at the beginning of the day, I get a schedule of what's going on that day for me and then at the end of the day, I get a summary of payments. It's a great way to keep track.

What do you dislike?

The calendar can get a bit confusing if you're looking at your entire team's schedule at one time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The scheduling system is easy to read. I always look at the monthly calendar to gauge my practice and find it beneficial to see the entire team's calendar to schedule meetings and appointments around everyone's schedule.

We are scheduling easier than ever and confirming when appointments are cancelled or when they're attended so we have easy data when we submit to insurance.

"Very Frustrating"

What do you like best?

It works for what it is. I'm able to schedule appointments and send patients forms.

What do you dislike?

Not user friendly, never fixing what needs fixing, only updating the looks of the site, no way to call customer service

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand that, yes, it does the basics of what you need to schedule appointments but there is almost no customer support and they're never doing anything to make it easier to use or more user friendly.

I can schedule patients and send them their new patient paperwork all from the same window.

SimplePractice review by Administrator

"LMFTs, LCSWs, Psy.D and other mental health providers...check this out!"

What do you like best?

It’s an integrated system that handles billing, client records, psychotherapy notes, scheduling, accounting, document storage, client portal, reminder messages, client messaging...and so much more!

What do you dislike?

That it takes a little while to learn how to do everything. HOWEVER, they have tons of videos and how-to articles and an active Facebook group!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make use of the videos and Facebook group. They are very helpful.

I’m basically paperless! I don’t have to do data entry as clients to it themselves. Client information is automatically populated into insurance forms. So much more!

SimplePractice review by Agency in Mental Health Care
Agency in Mental Health Care

"Great software for clinical practice"

What do you like best?

I like that billing is streamlined into the system. I also like the portal feature which allows me to electronically send documents to clients to complete before they arrive.

What do you dislike?

I have been using this product for about three months now & really have not found anything i’m Not satisfied with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It definitely saves time from keeping paper records.

Billing has been streamlined, all my records are electronic which is more efficient. Automatic credit card billing makes things simple.

SimplePractice review by Amanda H.
Amanda H.

"Great all in one software "

What do you like best?

I love the interface and ease to access on any platform

What do you dislike?

App didn’t work as well as the software does on a browser

Amazing billing platform built in for superbills

SimplePractice review by User in Individual & Family Services
User in Individual & Family Services

"Very Good"

What do you like best?

What I like about SimplePractice is that it provides everything you could possibly need for your private practice. It sets you up nicely and allows you to bill clients. It has everything you could possibly think of to need in that setting

What do you dislike?

It’s a little complicated to learn. It takes a good hour I would say to set up and then another hour or more to learn the system.

Billing. Note taking. HIPPA compliance. 48 hour texts and voicemails sent to clients. Creating and sending claims. Keeping track for taxes. A lot of things.

"Easy, Fast, Helpful "

What do you like best?

Clean look! Not intimidating, in the least! Accurate and HIPAA compliant.

What do you dislike?

This is a hard question to answer! I can’t think of anything!

Recommendations to others considering the product

The name says it all!

Billing, client scheduling, client data and notes storage.

User in Mental Health Care

"Intuitive and streamlined platform"

What do you like best?

I love the ease with which billing and notes are combined. I also love that Simple Practice is so responsive to requests for changes or additional features of their software.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there isn't a lot that I dislike. I haven't figured out how to load custom note templates in my cell phone... that's the biggest issue.

Ease of billing, scheduling, and note taking for a team of multiple clinicians.

SimplePractice review by Administrator in Mental Health Care
Administrator in Mental Health Care

"Simple Practice Review"

What do you like best?

Simple interface and very easy to use compared with what I was using before which was therapynotes

What do you dislike?

Sometimes on mobile it's difficulty scheduling clients

Being able to use online booking

SimplePractice review by User

"Intuitive and clean practice management for psychotherapists "

What do you like best?

I love that simple practice is always improving, and it is intuitive to a millenial like me

What do you dislike?

I don't want to pay more than the already decently hefty price for extra features

Scheduling, payment integration, documentation, hipaa compliance

SimplePractice review by User in Legal Services
User in Legal Services

"User Friendly"

What do you like best?

Effortlessly eliminates double booking appointment and scheduling during unavailable time slots.

What do you dislike?

Can be glitchy when it comes to booking the actual appointments. Clients have to use the previous email confirmation to locate website. The app rarely loads.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize the website, because the app is glitchy.

Maximizing client bookings and tracking all previous appointment times and dates.

SimplePractice review by User

"Excellent product, thorough and easy to use. "

What do you like best?

Love the calendar and it’s features.

The flexibility and simplicity of creating your own case note/assessment/documentation templates.

What do you dislike?

Nothing comes to mind right now that I dislike about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

So easy. Explore all the options available to you within the program to get the most out of it!

Excellent for documentation and makes billing very easy.

Learning about SimplePractice?

* We monitor all SimplePractice reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.