SimplePractice

SimplePractice is an industry-leading practice management software for therapists to manage their businesses, with features like AutoPay, online booking, and customizable therapy notes.

Work for SimplePractice?

Learning about SimplePractice?

SimplePractice Reviews

Showing 33 SimplePractice reviews
SimplePractice review by Kelli C.
Kelli C.

"Affordable, easy to use EHR!"

What do you like best?

This EHR is affordable and makes billing easy. The forms are customizable and my clients can schedule appointments and pay bills online. Appointment reminders are free, as well, which decreases no-shows.

What do you dislike?

It takes awhile to customize some forms, as there aren’t many templates that are feasible. It was supposed to include treatment planners, but this feature has still not arrived. This would make treatment planning much easier!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of any assistance from the company and don’t be afraid to ask them for help. They are always very responsive to questions or concerns.

Makes doing my own billing simple and cost effective. I can do my own billing for a very small fraction of what I would pay a billing person/agency, and it takes only seconds for each claim!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SimplePractice

"Solid EHR platform"

What do you like best?

I like being able to do online scheduling for my clients, as well as billing through credit cards and being able to provide invoices and superbills all in a streamlined and functional manner. There are several solid note templates already loaded to the program that can be used for record keeping as well.

What do you dislike?

I absolutely detest creating my own templates. It is just a cumbersome and laborious process and the end result is not particularly visually appealing. I would love if online forms/templates could also be printed out in paper format in a way that was aesthetically pleasing if one was choosing to have client's fill paperwork out in person.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Solid platform for a reasonable price.

It is generally a one stop shop for most of my private practice needs. While it does take a bit of getting used to and a significant investment of time to fully understand where things are located and how to navigate various integrations, overall I find it to be beneficial.

What Mental Health solution do you use?

SimplePractice review by User

"Great for simple billing needs/small practices "

What do you like best?

The best feature with this product is that all you have to do is click one button (as long as all the information is there) to create a claim. The information will automatically be filtered onto the claim.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it does not catch mistakes that a private biller would be able to catch. For example: it will allow you to bill several new patient visits in a row (for the same patient). I would think it could tell that is a mistake, and flag the claim. It also does not automatically apply a deductible portion so you have to add a check for $0 (for every person that applies towards deductibles) that is a huge waste of time. This system also does not keep track of self pay versus insurance patients including copay, coins, ect

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at the pros and cons and the review of people who already use the software, it doesn't do everything they claim but it definitely has a lot to offer for a small practice that wants to eliminate overhead and fees for outsourcing

We are able to filter information onto claims faster based on what is scheduled for each provider, saves time and eliminating keying errors.

SimplePractice review by Diane  S.
Diane S.

"Customer support HELL"

What do you like best?

Scheduling clients and charting are super easy.

What do you dislike?

There is no way to describe the level of frustration I have experienced trying to get some live support. There is NO telephone number you can call to get a live person on the phone to help you figure out a problem. There isn't even a live help option. Every problem I have tried to ask for help for - via email - I get an email response to a day or day and half later. There are complex problems that have to be sorted out - and it takes an incredible amount of time trying to put everything into writing - not to mention waiting at least 24 hours for a response - and if the person's response doesn't answer the question..... you have to start all over again. It's in the DARK AGES, really.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you think you will need live support, then this isn't the EHR for you. Simple Practice staff have told me to watch YouTube videos and "join the on line community" to ask questions. This is absurd! I want to talk to a knowledgeable person who can help me solve problems with my account.

I am not solving business problems - I am creating them actually - because if something goes wrong with insurance billing - there seems to be no effective way to get support so as to resolve the problems, such that the problems snowball.

SimplePractice review by Hillary U.
Hillary U.

"An EHR system that works! "

What do you like best?

I love how clean and modern Simple Practice looks. I have been able to easily learn how to integrate client information, notes, and billing with minimal hassle.

What do you dislike?

I do wish they had phone support. I also don't love how the self-scheduling feature is designed aesthetically as it can be confusing for clients at times booking.

It has saved me so much time and energy using the client self-scheduling feature as well as having my clients fill out intake paperwork online before coming in for their initial session.

User in Mental Health Care

"A therapist’s best office assistant. "

What do you like best?

I like that the developers are continually receiving feedback and accepting input about their customers’ desires for how to add to & further develop the program. From client scheduling to reminders and storing notes and billing, it’s user friendly and “simple”

What do you dislike?

I cannot think of anything that I dislike. The app is good - but I can’t access all the features from it. I wish that I could connect families better with it, when scheduling more than one client from the same family, but for privacy, I understand why I cannot.

Simplicity of scheduling, the automatic client reminders, storing all my notes so I don’t need a giant file cabinet, and reminding me about who hasn’t paid or what notes are not written.

SimplePractice review by Jason M.
Jason M.

"The name says it all!!"

What do you like best?

I used this with my dad which is a Doctor, easy software to actually have an online scheduling and intake, you are able to actually integrate payments by processing auto pay as well.

One of the best features is the free online help articles and the free month trial, we had looked at so many options but by far this one is the best!.

What do you dislike?

The only think i can say that i did not like about this was the you can't actually turn off the the need to confirm appointments and its very timely consuming to actually confirm every single appointment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent tool when it comes to have a neatly and improved scheduling system.

My dad is a ongoing Doctor and we used this to schedule appointments and take payments for him.

SimplePractice review by Arianna F.
Arianna F.

"Amazing product for case management"

What do you like best?

I greatly appreciate the ease of managing clients, their progress notes, psychotherapy notes, billing, and treatment plans.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, I have not experienced any limitations while using this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely recommend this product for managing your practice. It has the capability to keep notes, manage your schedule, create billings, treatment plans, diagnoses...basically everything you'd need in private practice!

Case management. I benefit from using SimplePractice because it keeps everything organized in a central location. I can easily access case information from the office or at home, which makes me more accessible to my clients and able manage my cases remotely.

SimplePractice review by Leslie K.
Leslie K.

"Simple Practice really is simple!"

What do you like best?

My favorite part about Simple Practice is the daily emails. I never thought that would be something I'd say, but at the beginning of the day, I get a schedule of what's going on that day for me and then at the end of the day, I get a summary of payments. It's a great way to keep track.

What do you dislike?

The calendar can get a bit confusing if you're looking at your entire team's schedule at one time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The scheduling system is easy to read. I always look at the monthly calendar to gauge my practice and find it beneficial to see the entire team's calendar to schedule meetings and appointments around everyone's schedule.

We are scheduling easier than ever and confirming when appointments are cancelled or when they're attended so we have easy data when we submit to insurance.

SimplePractice review by User

"Mostly positive experience with SimplePractice"

What do you like best?

I like that I am able to do all my billing and invoicing through SimplePractice and that all my notes and contact information is in one secure location. I have also used the Stripe for payment part which is helpful.

What do you dislike?

They seem to make updates frequently and it can change the look of the website which I don't like. Some parts of the invoicing are counter-intuitive to me but they have been responsive when I ask questions.

Billing is much easier and efficient. Sending clients paperwork to complete ahead of time is helpful.

Having all contact information and notes accessible remotely from the office is helpful.

SimplePractice review by Jamie D.
Jamie D.

"A Review if Simple Practice following a year of use"

What do you like best?

I like the format of the scheduling option, layout of the profiles for each client and the ease with which documents can be sent out.

What do you dislike?

The format of simple practice is too simple to allow for Medicaid billing, and only recently adapted to include administrative notes. The platform has also been having some problems recently in terms of loading the app onto my mobile device.

It has been easier to track client billing than through use of paper receipts and has reduced the overhead on scheduling.

SimplePractice review by Brandon L.
Brandon L.

"Good EHR for mental health "

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use. It has many preloaded documents.

What do you dislike?

The treatment plan development could be better. It does not have a way to input progress/regression

It is a way to simplify the note writing process and still have all the necessary information.

"Very Frustrating"

What do you like best?

It works for what it is. I'm able to schedule appointments and send patients forms.

What do you dislike?

Not user friendly, never fixing what needs fixing, only updating the looks of the site, no way to call customer service

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand that, yes, it does the basics of what you need to schedule appointments but there is almost no customer support and they're never doing anything to make it easier to use or more user friendly.

I can schedule patients and send them their new patient paperwork all from the same window.

SimplePractice review by User

"One-stop shop for therapists"

What do you like best?

I like the integration of the financial end with the charting and scheduling functions. The app is handy as well.

What do you dislike?

I wish some functions were more intuitive and that the video session platform was more stable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great option and customizable in many ways.

I can keep my client and business records all in one place, and the reports show me useful data about my practice. The app even allows for speech-to-text for dictating progress notes.

User in Mental Health Care

"SimplePractice is easy and user friendly."

What do you like best?

I like the how simple it is to use and how efficient it is. All my documents are stored and easy to find.

What do you dislike?

the mobile app isn't the best. You cannot access all the pt. information on the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have not used any other EMR system, but I have been very satisfied with SimplePractice and would highly recommend it.

I store my documents, contacts, session notes, and bill all from the same place. Its great!

SimplePractice review by Administrator

"LMFTs, LCSWs, Psy.D and other mental health providers...check this out!"

What do you like best?

It’s an integrated system that handles billing, client records, psychotherapy notes, scheduling, accounting, document storage, client portal, reminder messages, client messaging...and so much more!

What do you dislike?

That it takes a little while to learn how to do everything. HOWEVER, they have tons of videos and how-to articles and an active Facebook group!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make use of the videos and Facebook group. They are very helpful.

I’m basically paperless! I don’t have to do data entry as clients to it themselves. Client information is automatically populated into insurance forms. So much more!

User in Mental Health Care

"Great program for the new and the veteran professional"

What do you like best?

The program does so much for you yet is completely adaptable. I feel like as practices move forward and become unique this program can adapt to the changes easily. Other programs you are stuck with what you have...

What do you dislike?

There is very little I dislike about this program. If I had to chose something it would be that sometimes clients have trouble with the portal but I feel sometimes that is user error. So maybe something more simple?

I don't have to worry about billing or have HIPPA compliant software for my online sessions. I also don't have to wait long for help or if I have questions.

SimplePractice review by Agency in Mental Health Care
Agency in Mental Health Care

"Great software for clinical practice"

What do you like best?

I like that billing is streamlined into the system. I also like the portal feature which allows me to electronically send documents to clients to complete before they arrive.

What do you dislike?

I have been using this product for about three months now & really have not found anything i’m Not satisfied with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It definitely saves time from keeping paper records.

Billing has been streamlined, all my records are electronic which is more efficient. Automatic credit card billing makes things simple.

SimplePractice review by Amanda H.
Amanda H.

"Great all in one software "

What do you like best?

I love the interface and ease to access on any platform

What do you dislike?

App didn’t work as well as the software does on a browser

Amazing billing platform built in for superbills

"Poor customer service"

What do you like best?

Easy to use interface, simple calendar .

What do you dislike?

cannot reach customer service directly; you must email and wait---and they are on the West coast.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do NOT use if you are on the East coast and will need customer service (can only reach them via email, and they won't even read them until 11 am eastern time).

Practicemanagement

SimplePractice review by User in Individual & Family Services
User in Individual & Family Services

"Very Good"

What do you like best?

What I like about SimplePractice is that it provides everything you could possibly need for your private practice. It sets you up nicely and allows you to bill clients. It has everything you could possibly think of to need in that setting

What do you dislike?

It’s a little complicated to learn. It takes a good hour I would say to set up and then another hour or more to learn the system.

Billing. Note taking. HIPPA compliance. 48 hour texts and voicemails sent to clients. Creating and sending claims. Keeping track for taxes. A lot of things.

SimplePractice review by Joshua T.
Joshua T.

"Most simple documentation experience I’ve had in my 10 years"

What do you like best?

I love how it is comprehensive and simple

What do you dislike?

There is sometimes confusion in the billing, but this is minimal. I also wish there were a few more options for setting regular repeating appointments.

It has increased my efficiency in getting my documentation completed, reducing the time it takes.

SimplePractice review by User

"Using SimplePractice as a clinician"

What do you like best?

The calendar/schedule syncing, direct messaging, and note-taking, and Climent upload features.

What do you dislike?

There isn’t anything that I dislike. I would recommend adding a feature that allows clinicians to know if clients have logged in and whether they’ve opened messages and/or documents and attachments.

Organization of business documents

Scheduling

"SimplePractice user"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and navigate, I use it for my clients

What do you dislike?

Nothing, it works well and I haven't found any issues yet

Able to utilize in my own business, send claims to clients and insurance, track my progress and sessions

SimplePractice review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Simple and easy to figure out"

What do you like best?

The organization of client information.

What do you dislike?

Small glitches, for instance, one time not being able to schedule a client at a normal PM time, SP insisted I make the appointment at 4am instead of 4pm.

None recognized at this time.

"Easy, Fast, Helpful "

What do you like best?

Clean look! Not intimidating, in the least! Accurate and HIPAA compliant.

What do you dislike?

This is a hard question to answer! I can’t think of anything!

Recommendations to others considering the product

The name says it all!

Billing, client scheduling, client data and notes storage.

User in Mental Health Care

"2 years using simple practice private practice"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, support, Facebook community page, customizable templates

What do you dislike?

Mobile options could be expanded, the ability to enter case notes

Recommendations to others considering the product

None

Scheduling, client reminders, organization

User in Mental Health Care

"Intuitive and streamlined platform"

What do you like best?

I love the ease with which billing and notes are combined. I also love that Simple Practice is so responsive to requests for changes or additional features of their software.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there isn't a lot that I dislike. I haven't figured out how to load custom note templates in my cell phone... that's the biggest issue.

Ease of billing, scheduling, and note taking for a team of multiple clinicians.

SimplePractice review by Administrator in Mental Health Care
Administrator in Mental Health Care

"Simple Practice Review"

What do you like best?

Simple interface and very easy to use compared with what I was using before which was therapynotes

What do you dislike?

Sometimes on mobile it's difficulty scheduling clients

Being able to use online booking

SimplePractice review by User

"Intuitive and clean practice management for psychotherapists "

What do you like best?

I love that simple practice is always improving, and it is intuitive to a millenial like me

What do you dislike?

I don't want to pay more than the already decently hefty price for extra features

Scheduling, payment integration, documentation, hipaa compliance

SimplePractice review by User in Legal Services
User in Legal Services

"User Friendly"

What do you like best?

Effortlessly eliminates double booking appointment and scheduling during unavailable time slots.

What do you dislike?

Can be glitchy when it comes to booking the actual appointments. Clients have to use the previous email confirmation to locate website. The app rarely loads.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize the website, because the app is glitchy.

Maximizing client bookings and tracking all previous appointment times and dates.

SimplePractice review by User

"Excellent product, thorough and easy to use. "

What do you like best?

Love the calendar and it’s features.

The flexibility and simplicity of creating your own case note/assessment/documentation templates.

What do you dislike?

Nothing comes to mind right now that I dislike about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

So easy. Explore all the options available to you within the program to get the most out of it!

Excellent for documentation and makes billing very easy.

SimplePractice review by Administrator in Mental Health Care
Administrator in Mental Health Care

"Good Solution for a Private Practice"

What do you like best?

SP is affordable and convenient. Overall ease of use for my clients is great.

What do you dislike?

Has some limitations for work with families

Scheduling, Accounts payable, Automating receipts, clients being able to access intake paperwork and billing documents easily

Learning about SimplePractice?

* We monitor all SimplePractice reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.